Hobbytron.com

I love Hobbytron. It is really good and I will recommend this to my friends. I plan to purchase many items on here. Thank you for having such great site. This is the best site for air soft guns that I have visited. Thanks for being awesome!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hobbytron seems to be a pretty upfront company and it has very competitive prices. Their online ordering process was pretty straightforward, easy, and user-friendly. I got a drone for my granddaughter during Christmas and it's pretty cheap. I have already recommended it to some people.

I highly recommend them to everyone. The staff in customer service bends over backwards to help with whatever comes up and resolves any issue that one might have. It's a very good company to deal with. I buy from them all the time. Thumbs UP!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HobbyTron had good prices and their website was easy to navigate and check out. They also had good customer service. Overall, I had a good experience with HobbyTron and they had good quality merchandise. I would recommend them to my friends.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted an airsoft gun. I got on my phone, went on to HobbyTron, picked the gun I liked and bought it. It was very easy to find what I was looking for and the ordering process was easy too. I also got a $10 gift card but I didn't get a chance to use it yet. Everything costs a lot more than $10. But the gun I bought from them broke already. They sell good products that break in a week.

Quite a long time ago HobbyTron Rani promotion. The promotion offered a free gun with purchase of 3 helicopters. I paid for and received the three helicopters and never received the gun. I was put off and put off and rudely spoken to and denied the free gift. Today a long time later they tell me it's been too long to honor the promotion. They cheated me and I will let everyone know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobbytron.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend referred me to HobbyTron and he said that the prices of their products were good even compared to Amazon. He also guaranteed that I was going to find what I wanted at their website. However, when I tried to find the batteries and a name for my gun, I couldn't find them. So I had to unfortunately go to Amazon and pick one from there. Overall, online ordering with HobbyTron was easy and they have good prices.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
We ordered a magazine for my son's airsoft gun. It uses CO2 and the one described on the website said it was for CO2. We received it and found out that it uses green gas. I packaged up the item and sent it back in the original packaging. I also took a picture to show them this before sending. They said the item

was broken and showed a picture of the item that was very worn out and stated they could not refund my money. We didn't even try it as it would not work for our gun. The item in the picture they showed me was obviously not the one I sent, it looked like it was very worn out and they said it was broken. I don't know what they did because there is no way it could have got in that shape from shipping. I was going to order a new one but not now. I had to spend another $12.60 just to return it! If you order something from this site, I hope you don't have to return it because they won't refund your money!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HobbyTron happened to have the products I was looking for. Ordering was easy and the cost of the products was very competitive but the availability was a little slow. One of the products I ordered was shipped and it should be here shortly but I'm still waiting on the other one. They told me that it would be shipped later and offered to exchange it if I wanted to or give me refund and I decided I would wait. So far, they're helpful and courteous.

Hobbytron.com

We are in receipt of the complaint for the above referenced customer. As a Resolution Specialist, I welcome the opportunity to respond to the customer's inquiry.

We have looked into the situation and we do see that the item works accordingly based on your RMA. Here is what you stated in your RMA:

Why do you want to return the item? It was not what he wanted

Was the item taken out of the product box? Yes

Did the item work out of the box? If yes, please explain.: He took it out of the box. used in living room for a couple of minutes

We advised you "We apologize for the inconvenience, but your request for an RMA has been denied. The item does not seem to be defective."

The item was opened, used and played with. Unfortunately, based on our policies we do not refund or exchange for items that are opened, used and in working condition.

Shina

Original review: April 2, 2017

We bought a truck for a grandson for Christmas and the truck wouldn't hold a charge. We contacted the company a number of times right after Christmas so we could return the item for replacement or refund. The company replied a couple times stating they would not take the item back, refusing to honor their return policy. It took them over a month to respond to our last email and when they finally did they said our 45 days warranty period had expired. We are very disappointed with the lack of professionalism and service with this company and will never do business with them again. May other buyers be warned before doing business with this company.

Hobbytron.com

I am in receipt of the complaint for the above referenced customer. As a Resolution Specialist, I welcome the opportunity to respond to the customer's inquiry.

I have looked into the situation and spoken directly with Christal in regards to rectifying this situation. She was happy with the outcome.

Please let us know if I can assist further regarding this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to my attention.

Shina

Original review: March 31, 2017

I was looking for a drone back in December and I went online. HobbyTron had one that I liked and the price was right so I decided to go ahead and get it. It was originally a Christmas present, and after I found something else for this person for Christmas, I decided to make it a birthday present. I called them before the 45-day period was up because my son could not get the drone to go. They said, "You need to calibrate it."

Then I called again on the third week of January, two days after the 45-day period, and they said, "There's nothing we can do because you're past your warranty. You need to buy a replacement part." I asked, "How do we buy replacement parts?" They said, "We don't know what's going on." I was tee'd off at this point and I didn't know what to do. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and then I tried to reach out to HobbyTron again and there's still nothing they could do. We're still sitting here with this drone that we can do nothing with because it won't work, and they won't take it back. Although their prices are reasonable, I'm done with HobbyTron.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for drones online and when I hit on it, it was with HobbyTron. Their price is definitely very reasonable and more competitive than prices in other stores. Then, with the ordering and the shipment, everything came in like they said it was going to. It was really nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hobbytron.com had the item that I like at a price that I thought was better. Once I chose what I wanted, they make the software for the items that they sell readily available as a part of the package but that was a little confusing. The software that applied to the specific item that I had wasn’t clear. I had to go through a little bit of a challenge to find the software, but ultimately, it wasn’t too bad. Also, it was not a difficult process to go through the screens to get a selection and the description was clear.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HobbyTron had a more reasonable price compared to other things I had looked at. I didn’t have any trouble ordering and delivery went pretty good.

Hobbytron.com

We have looked into the situation and per your request from this review shipped you out 2 brand new drones. I hope this will suffice. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Purchased two drones for Christmas. Both arrived just before Christmas. One was opened and did not work so we didn't open the second. Returned both. One was credited with restocking fee. Second they still have and cannot give me any indication of what the status is. It is now three months and I have called several times. I told them to give me any amount of money back or a new one. They most likely purchase them from China for cheap. Maybe I'll get it in time for 2017 Christmas... Will never purchase from them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a drone, and when I typed in "drone", HobbyTron came up. Using their website was easy. I'm 60 years old and don't want to learn new things. I picked what I wanted, I read, and found the answers. They described the whole thing, so I knew what I was getting, while some of the other ones were a little bit confusing or didn't answer all my questions. Also, it was a very competitive price. The price was right there and it was what they said it was, including the shipping. There were no hidden things, which I like. It was a positive experience.

Hobbytron.com

We have looked into the situation and we do see that you made 2 orders an hour apart from each other. I do apologize you were given incorrect information. In our system by the phone and name only one order pulls up. It appears there is glitch. I sincerely apologize. I have refunded your second order. Please allow 3-5 business days for it to show in your account. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Shina

Original review: March 18, 2017

My honest experience? Ordering a Hobbytron product "says" email confirmation will be sent. IF NOT, DON'T SAY YOU WILL! Nothing sent, no record of order. Being a dumbass after days of waiting for an email conf, I called Customer Service. They had no record (based on name, cc number, nothing)... so ordered the same product again. Guess what? I ended up with 2 of the same products with no recourse via Hobbytron's "NO RETURN" policies. I'm a web programmer, a conf email is not that hard folks! Worst yet, 0 response from Hobbytron Customer Service. Don't fall for Hobbytron's scam! Hobbytron's business model (i.e.ripping customers off) will only last so long.

Kevin,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. We strive to provide the best products at the lowest prices and excellent customer service.

Thank you for choosing Hobbytron.com for your RC & airsoft needs. We hope you choose Hobbytron.com again for future purchases. Let your friends and family know about the greats deals available at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I was looking around at prices and it seemed like Hobbytron have what I wanted and it was a good price. It was all done online with a credit card. It was pretty easy and I didn't have any problems. The shipping was a little slower than I thought it would be but it's all right.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife purchased a drone from this company for our son for Christmas. Our son is autistic, and he only responds to certain colors. My wife didn't find the color that she was looking for online (blue), so she called the company and spoke to a representative. The representative told my wife to write something in the ordering instructions explaining her color choice. She also wrote in the ordering instructions that if the colors that she picked were unavailable to please call her (she left her phone number).

The drone was shipped but she never received a phone call. It was the wrong color (bright green, not one of the three colors requested). Our son was very disappointed so we had to return this drone to Hobbytron for a refund (we eventually found a blue drone for him somewhere else). To make a long story short, we paid $20.00 to ship this drone back to Hobbytron, and Hobbytron charged us a 20% restocking fee. So we had to pay $40.00 (half of the value of the drone) for Hobbytron's mistake.

My wife was told afterwards by a representative of Hobbytron that color choice was not possible, that they ship out random colors. If she was told that in the first place she would have never ordered the drone. Also, the drone was returned to Hobbytron unopened in the original packaging, so I don't understand where a 20% restocking fee would come into play. Stay away from this company when ordering anything, their return policies are extremely unfair, and also their staff is very deceitful.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hobbytron.com

We addressed this matter directly with Carlos Roland on March 7, 2017, by way of telephone. We have rectified the situation by replacing the unit and sending out extra props Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I bought a Sonic Camera Drone directly from the Hobbytron website. I had reservations because of other people sounding dissatisfied, but I bought it in spite of the negative online reviews. Unfortunately my drone is basically junk. A rotor guard broke while taking it out of the box. The biggest problem is transmitter battery life. I have flown it less than 30 minutes total since I got it on 12/29/2016 and the transmitter has gone through a third set of batteries. What is the problem??? And I only get around 4 minutes of flight time from mine.

Next the camera stopped working so the FPV function no longer worked. That was one of the main reasons I chose that drone. Then the camera mount broke on the bottom of the drone. I didn't crash or anything; it just broke. I looked at it and the camera is held on by a micro servo which weighs less than 2 grams. Poor design and materials. I was even willing to pay for the spare parts, but the ones I needed were not available. And they don't offer a refund under any circumstances at all. Since there's no other drone they have that I want I'm stuck with nothing but a nonworking drone that has no parts available.

Hobbytron.com

We addressed this matter directly with Nancie Bragg on March 7, 2017, by way of telephone. We have rectified the situation by approving her RMA for a return and replacement. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I purchased a drone for my 16 year old son for Christmas. He used it a handful of times. Not only did it take over an hour to charge, it only flew for 6 minutes and then less time after that. Then it broke. Hobbytron would not replace or offer any compensation for it because I was past the 45 days. My son didn't even fly it until Christmas so I am technically not past 45 days of use. They don't care. The biggest waste of money and I will never use Hobbytron again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 8, 2017

I am happy to say that yes I did get a call from Shina at HobbyTron and she told me they will be replacing my drone. I am very happy to hear this thank you Shina and HobbyTron for doing the right thing by your customer.

Hobbytron.com

We addressed this matter directly with Alex on March 7, 2017, by way of telephone. We have rectified the situation by replacing the drone as a one time courtesy. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Shina

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I placed an order on the Hobbytron.com website on Dec/09/16 and a few weeks later I received my order. I was flying the drone I ordered in my backyard one day and it lost connection with the remote and fell in the lake behind my house. I went in my house to look at the paperwork that came with my drone because I had seen that my drone came with a six (6) month warranty regardless of the reason, so I found the warranty paperwork and called the number. After waiting for over three (3) weeks someone got back to me and after a few back and forth emails they tell me that they must have made a mistake and put that warranty paperwork in with my order because my drone doesn't come with that warranty.

I believe that it is not my fault that someone at Hobbytron made a mistake. The fact of the matter is that I got my order and was under the impression that my drone had a six (6) month warranty and now that something happened they want to say they made a mistake. They should stand by the warranty that they send me with my order.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought this unbreakable helicopter for my granddaughter's birthday which was 11/15/16. We charged it like it said before use. The helicopter would not lift off the ground so I called and they gave me a RMA #. I had to use my own money to return it. They don't tell you that when you buy an item. Mind you it never really worked. They received it about the 28th of November. I called after a month to ask why I haven't got it and I got some snotty representative that told me it was going to have to be fixed. Not the kind of customer service representative I would hire. To make a longer story shorter, I just received it today 2/3/17, after two and a half months. I don't know how this company stays in business if all their customers are treated like I was. If I were anybody that was thinking of buying something from this company, I wouldn't if I were you. They will never get an order for me again.

Hobbytron.com

We have looked into the situation and per policy, exchanges for items ordered by the customer incorrectly can only be exchanged if unopened and unused. Opened items will not be accepted for exchanges for non defective items. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I ordered the wrong gun for my grandson for Christmas. They will not allow me to return the gun for an exchange. Very unhappy with HobbyTron and will not order from this company again. Online ordering can only be successful if you have assurances the item can be returned. Definitely will not recommend this company.

John,

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

There's not a better place to buy a drone. A wide variety of drones with free shipping on many and a price range for the beginner all the way to highly skilled. Start with something cheap like a striker to get the required skills before moving into something expensive like a phantom. Happy flying!

Hobbytron.com

We have looked into the situation and we do see that we have received the order already. It has been taken in for repairs. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we will make sure that it is tested before it is shipped out. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I placed my order, and one the item didn't work. Called the support, they sent me a replacement and that didn't work either. After making several attempt to get the working product, I gave up and took my loss. Support didn't provide any solution to resolve my issue.

Wheels,

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I have dealt with other RC companies and HobbyTron is the best. I had a problem with the X9 Helicopter not flying well. Called HobbyTron and they replaced it with no problems or questions. Their orders always come in excellent condition and fast. Price is right on the mark too, cheaper sometimes also.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do not have notes on the account of any calls. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us at customerservice@worldtechtoys.com with your order number and what the issue is. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Tiffany

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Ordered a drone. It shipped on the 12th of December and had paid extra for express shipping. It took it nearly 2 1/2 weeks to get to its destination and it was damaged. This was a Christmas gift for my father. He has since called you folks for assistance and has not gotten anyone to return his calls even though he has been told there would be someone doing so. I expected more and deserve better customer service.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As of this moment, we do not have any replacement blades for the Raven drone. Once we have received more in stock, we will go ahead and send you replacement propellers. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact me. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My son was very excited about ordering his drone. When it arrived it didn't work. When we googled information on the drone we found that often drones will arrive and not work and gave several tips to tinker with them. We got it to work finally but then needed to order extra propellers. We have yet to obtain any helpful information on how to get replacement propellers. You can only email but they can only correspond with you via email. To provide a response you have to log onto their site, jump through their hoops and then wait 5-10 business days for a response. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do not order anything from HobbyTron.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It does state on our policy that we have certain items that is warrantied by the direct manufacturer. RMA requests are also answered within 2-3 business days once it has been submitted. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I ordered an airsoft gun. It was broken when I got it. It took two day for them to tell me to email the manufacturer about it. I never got to use it and they wouldn't take it back or give me a refund. I wouldn't recommend this site!!!!

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have looked into your order and verified that it is still being held by the local post office. We will go ahead and process the refund in full for you.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. We were a bit backed up during the holidays and I understand it can be frustrating. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

On November 27, 2016 I ordered a drone for my son's birthday I thought through Amazon. I had a confirmation of the order. Two days later I received a email from Hobbytron saying the order was incomplete and I needed to complete the order, which I did. Then I received two confirmations of the same order and two orders went out and two charges to my credit card. I immediately called Hobbytron to cancel one of the orders but was told both had been shipped and when the second order arrived to refuse it and have it returned to sender. Sounded simple enough!! I was tracking both orders. The first order arrived. The second order got almost to the delivery point then it stopped and started over again from HobbyTron. It finally arrived - delivery left at the door with no indication it was there - luckily found later and was returned to the post office indicating "refused" and "return to sender".

Again I tracked the package. It headed back to CA but on 12/26/16 it arrived at the US postal facility in Bell Gardens, CA and has not been seen since. No one seems to care why the package has not been delivered. They could have stopped the shipment of the second drone especially when they had to ship it the second time. I have never had such poor response from a company or from the US Postal Service. I will never again purchase anything from Hobbytron. Terrible experience from the beginning.

Hobbytron.com Company Profile