Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love Hobbytron. It is really good and I will recommend this to my friends. I plan to purchase many items on here. Thank you for having such great site. This is the best site for air soft guns that I have visited. Thanks for being awesome!

Never will I purchase anything from this company. My gun still sitting in the case. It is now a very expensive and cumbersome paperweight. It is apparent that this company knows its products are garbage as they have no refund policy. Only repair/replace policies. Customer service consists of completing an email and awaiting response. I have done this and no one ever recontacted me.

I called months ago about returning a X^ Quadcopter. I bought a second one and now have two with the same problem... One blade does not spin and the auto trim method does not fix the problem. I must have 5 or 6 copters around and enjoy chasing my wife around the apt. I live in Van Nuys and you guys are in Santa Clarity I believe... Start in warehouse shopping or exchange service. Please.

My order was a Xmas present ordered in November. As Xmas grew near repeated call and email were ignored, so I canceled the order. 2 days later I get an mail telling me it shipped. The only thing I heard back was a 15% FOR MY TROUBLE.

I ordered a refurbed sentinel camera drone, it arrived with broken piece in controller. I attempted to fix but could not. I called their complaint line and filed a complaint weeks ago, but have heard nothing! I was dumb enough to buy another drone from them that worked a couple days and is now also useless. Crappiest company I have ever dealt with, I hope they rot in hell!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobbytron.com?

I purchased the above drone online via hHobbytron, item number 33713. I need the white connector wiring coming from motherboard and the white male connector part from battery as the wiring came separated from each end and I will solder/ splice from there. Thank you. I bought this using my American Express Card in Nov (Xmas Gift).

I'm writing just to say HobbyTron has been fantastic, I have bought almost all of my Drones from here and have told several of my friends they are the way to go when looking for RC stuff or Airsoft guns.

For a Springer Shotgun, this bad boy has quite an FPS KICK!! Shooting Elite Force .20g BB's I was getting an average of 330FPS!! Modeled after the Mossberg 500, this shotgun is a single shot but can be pumped more than once for multiple BB shot spread. This does have an adjustable hop-up, that's right a Springer with an adjustable hop-up!! Lightweight, single or multiple shot, very affordable at $34.95 and FUN FUN FUN for CQB action!! GET ONE TODAY!!!

Did not ever replace. Broken when delivered. I called to complain about the helicopter would not work. They do not want to help me or replace it so I'm very disappointed so as of now I would not recommend buying from HobbyTron if they cannot warranty their merchandise.

I put batteries in World Tech Toys Night Copter before giving to my Grandson as gift. Blades rotated, but could not get enough speed to lift helicopter off the ground. I purchased a No 719 Ruicheng Log Loader that had no guts in controller where you install batteries. No way to get power from batteries to run Loader. I requested and a second Log Loader was shipped at no cost. However second loader was also missing guts in controller. I still have these in my office. Don't you think someone would have checked controller before shipping? Two other purchases did work out of box. An RC Truck and a No 718 Fork Lift.

I ordered 2 alpha spy drone motors and they came to me but they didn't work. One was scratched on the bottom and didn't run after I hooked it up. The other one had 1 on the blade and it didn't run either, so I reported them to Hobbytron and I only got one back. I tried to get the other one but I haven't heard from Hobbytron as to when I'm going to get it. This was as of 12/03/16.

We never received the product we ordered. But was charged for it!! It was a replacement motor for a drone that my son had previously bought from you guys that broke after the first use. We will never order from this company again!

When my order arrived it had a defective battery and was missing a cover for one of the LED covers. After an email to Customer Service a replacement battery and full set of LED covers was shipped. Since this drone was a refurbished item I was extremely satisfied with both the product and my response from Customer Service. I bought another refurb a month later.

You make the product. Won't stand behind it and then at the expense of the customer Ship it back for replacement and no one contacts you with any type response. It is up to the customer to check and recheck to see what is being done. None there cares. It is just push an inept product and then forget about the person who bought the product. No way will I recommend nor buy you product again. Shipped defective item back and you received it 2 December. Now it is 9th of January still no response from anyone in your company. GREATEST NON CUSTOMER BASED OR SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. HELL OF A GOOD JOB.

I was very unhappy that our drone stopped working only about a month after we got it. I did not blame the company as I am sure my son was hard on it, but it was still a quick failure for something that should be able to fall out of the air from 40 ft and not have a problem. I was however happy receiving a set of motors for our Striker drone. Not so happy that I had to pay for them. But that said, I took the drone apart and unsoldered the bad motor. I went to put the new motor in, but found that the old housing did not fit the new motor, and the new motor housing did not really fit in the drone. By cutting a few ribs off, I was able to shove the new motor in the drone, screwed it back together, and it seems to work fine. I just wish for one that they would have given me replacement parts for free, and two that the replacement parts they send would actually fit in the drone without having to "tweak" the drone body to fit.

I bought a airsoft gun for my son for Xmas from Hobbytron. Upon assembly there were multiple issues with this gun. The clip would not clip into the gun and fell right out. The gun would not fire and has a slow hissing sound when attempting to do so. My neighbor who works at a hobby store in Orange County and owns the same gun was helping up assemble it so we were doing it right. I called to get a RMA# and they said to do it through the website. I did that. I received a response that there was insufficient information and to resubmit. I did that as well. I called numerous times since then and no one will give me a RMA#. I am now going on day 10 and still no RMA#. Every store I buy from online will give you one same day. Totally lame. Never buy here again.

Bought Colossus Helicopter as a Christmas gift. It does not work. The response from Hobbytron has been disgusting! They say they'll return your call or email you in an hour, tomorrow or whatever and you never hear from them again. I'm sorry I ever heard of Hobbytron and certainly will never buy anything there again nor will I recommend them to anyone. What a Christmas gift!

My wife bought a new truck for my son for X-mas. When we opened the car the battery clearly did NOT charge – the item was obviously defective. When we called the customer service line, they basically told us, "oh well, you will need to fill out an online request." Ugh, so after wasting my time on the phone, we filled out the request, received an answer a few days after basically telling us we needed to "ship" the item back to be fixed. The ITEM is brand NEW!!! And why are we paying to send this back? If anything, the company should be paying for the service. I then called and chatted via online, and both conversations were absolutely USELESS! I am now forced to call my bank and explain to them the situation as this company is obviously a HUGE fraud. DO NOT ORDER anything from these crooks!

I ordered my son a drone for Christmas. The reason I ordered from HobbyTron.com out of all the companies that sell these products is because after much research, I was under the impression I would be receiving the best of the best. However, that is certainly not what I received with either the product I was shipped or the customer service I received after my horrible experience. When the box from HobbyTron arrived, I did not inspect it as I would never expect to receive anything other than a brand new, unused, unopened product. I simply wrapped the box and put it under my Christmas tree.

When my son went to open the drone box, we noticed that it was torn and taped with scotch tape. After opening the box, we noticed that a piece was broken off of the controller and it looked like it had been smashed. The drone itself was all scratched up, and there was DIRT all over it and embedded in the scratches. Clearly, the item I received was opened, used, broken and returned broken by another customer and then sent to me upon making my purchase.

After calling HobbyTron and sharing the frustrating details of my experience, I was advised to fill out their required online return form. After doing so, the response I received really upset me further. I was told I had to pay for the return shipping. I do not think this is fair since HobbyTron didn't do their job. The box and item should have been inspected after being returned by the original customer prior to be sent out to a second customer. Why should I have to pay? The response also stated that they do not issue refunds for already opened items. Again, this is not fair since I am not the original owner of this particular item. However, I do not want a refund anyway, I simply want a brand new, unopened, unused item. I want what I paid for.

Lastly, the response stated that they do not issue replacement items before trying to repair the returned item. This is also not fair since I am not the original owner of this item. I do not want this exact item back in its condition even if it is "repaired". I sent emails days ago asking to be called by a manager. I wanted confirmation that upon receiving the broken, unusable merchandise they sent to me back, that I would be in fact shipped out a new, unopened, unused item. I sent photos of the box/item I received and a detailed explanation. Other than the first response to the return form stating the return address and policy, I have not heard a word back. I regret doing business with this company and will not do so again.

Katie has not bothered to reply to me, so the reviews go out now! Back on 9-1-16, we bought a car for our son. Well things took place to get him in trouble and the car was put up high, look but no touch high! 2 months it sat high. It came down in late October. He played with it for a half hour, it died. So with the warranty ending I knew there may not be a chance. I wrote the company and told them the story. Katie got the email and responded. Got a note back saying "for this time only we will do it send it back". One thing the battery had the black wire out of the pack loose. So we fixed it. No good. I sent away for a new battery thinking if that would help. No go. The car would not make no noise at all.

I wrote KATIE a email and told her what I did, trying to do an easy fix, no go. SHE DID NOT BOTHER TO EVEN REPLY BACK. What a waste of a company. So I waited and sent another email, still no reply from dear KATIE! So this is fair game now to send out all reviews that I can, to tell people you get ** service from HOBBYTRON.

Hobbytron.com

We are in receipt of the complaint for the above referenced customer. As a Resolution Specialist, I welcome the opportunity to respond to the customer's inquiry.

We addressed this matter directly with Tarun on January 4, 2017, by way of phone. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I bought a set of two Helicopters for my son's birthday and received on time. But, one of the helicopter did not even charge or work. The other one got charged and only one blade worked so take off could not happen. I contacted customer care and was told that they do not have refund policy for open boxes and I have to ship on my own for replacement. I wonder how someone would know if a product is functional or not without opening the box. So I spent more money on shipping for returning and now they have a four weeks of turnaround time on such requests. Never going to recommend Hobbytron to anyone.

Ordered an RC car on the website. Needed the car by a certain date and found out it was going to be 2 days late. Needing the car before taking my vacation, I requested that either the vehicle be re-routed, or that they just send me one to my destination and I would just return the other car to them upon my return (I even offered to re-purchase the second one).

The customer service I received was terrible. I spoke with a couple different associates and was getting transferred to voicemails, the line would hang up, or I was put on hold for 20+ minutes at times. I asked to speak with a manager and was told I would get a call back from him. I wasn't able to get anything resolved, or at least seem like they attempted to handle my situation. After calling them back numerous times throughout the day, I finally spoke with a manager who told me he did not hear anything at all about my issue.

Basically all I got out of the conversation with him was that he could not do anything to help me. I needed to buy a new RC car, and pay myself to have it shipped overnight to my destination. I asked for it to be waived since it was late, and he would not help one bit, nor try and remediate the situation. Now I am stuck with no RC car, and will have to pay myself to ship it back when I return from vacation because I refuse to give any business to a company who could care less about its customers.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son found HobbyTron online and they sold things at a reasonable price. The only problem I had was we got a partial delivery for the order that I placed. I called them and told them we were missing an item and they seemed like they had no problem to get it right out. They said they’d be sending out what was missing from the package but we haven’t received it and it’s been a couple of weeks. It may have been overlooked so I'll have to look into it again. Other than that, they’ve been very good. My son has been satisfied with what we’ve purchased from them.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. One of our reps have already cancelled the order on the 20th of December. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact me. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Best,

Tiffany

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I placed an order on December 19 for a Christmas gift, for my nephew. I selected expedited shipping for $30 to ensure in-time delivery. Very soon after placing the order (about 30 minutes), my wife told me she had already purchased a gift for said nephew. But guess what - it is not permitted to cancel orders on Hobbytron. Period. If this was stated during the purchase/checkout experience, I certainly missed it. My order status indicated it had not yet started processing. But too bad - still no cancellation.

My online chat session was fruitless. The polite agent told me a) they can't see the orders until 24 hours later (huh?) and then b) even after they can see them, they can't do anything with them. (Scratching head). I was told the only way to cancel is to refuse the shipment. When shipping to a home with working parents, this simply isn't a possibility. As I understand it, I'm out $75 for something I don't want and that I made reasonable efforts to change.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I got into helicopters I started looking online and I like the way they have their drones and that they've got fair prices, fast shipping, and delivery. For the same item that does the same thing, they're cheaper and others were more expensive. However they sent me the box that had the wrong Striker drone in it. The one I really wanted was a Striker drone with live video. They gave me the box for the live video, but it had the one that I had to put a SD card in it. So I sent them back the Striker drone and I’m hoping to resolve that.

I called this morning and the customer service rep said that it'll be two weeks or more. I was hoping that it will take a shorter amount of time. HobbyTron should have received it today but she had no information about it. She told me something was wrong with their updates on receiving shipment but then she told me they’ll give an email on when I’m going to get the drone.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for the inconvenience. I understand your frustration and I would like to rectify the situation by sending you a shipping label. Please advise if you remember the representative that you spoke with. We take customer service seriously and I apologize for the stressful situation. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact me. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Best,

Tiffany

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I purchased an airsoft gun, a bag of bbs, and a mask for my son. I opened the package and found the bbs scattered all over the box. The package was opened. As I unpacked the airsoft gun (quality wasn't good at all for the price) I could not find the battery. I finally managed to find it lodged into the very bottom of the stock. So I was not able to connect the battery to the charger. The battery was stuck inside. I called customer service and they explained to me that I had to fill out an RMA request in which I had to pay to ship the item back and there would be no refunds only store credit. Customer service was of no help at all. At first the rep laughed and mocked me when I told him that the battery was stuck in the stock as if I had no clue as to what I was talking about.

Finally I emailed them photos of the battery lodged in the stock and they admitted that the gun might have been used and that they must have put in the wrong/smaller battery (which wasn't supposed to be in there in the first place) but that the store policy is that I still had to pay to send the product back for repairs even though they were at fault for sending me a used product. After 2 days of trying I finally managed to get the battery out using a skewer but after charging the battery for over 8 hrs it died out within 2 minutes. My son called HobbyTron customer service, to tell them of this issue and they asked how much the voltage on the battery was (8.4v!) For a 350 fps gun!! The customer service rep admitted that they sent the wrong battery and instead of replacing the battery they told my son to purchase another battery!

I am very unsatisfied and I believe we have the right for a full refund. I even spoke to Ben, the manager and mentioned that I would be willing to purchase a battery if they discounted me a percentage. I even asked what would happen if I did pay for the shipping to send the product back and they send me another damaged product. He said I would still have to pay for shipping and on top of that they only give store credit. I am very disappointed with this company. It would have been great if they sent me a return label and replaced the airsoft gun. I didn't even bother to mention the opened, half empty bag of bb's because the whole experience was just too stressful. My son was very sad to receive his gift like this.

Insufficient response received

Hobbytron had an advertisement on a refurbished drone that caught my eye and I decided to give them a try. The cost was exceptional. I got free shipping using a coupon from their website so that was a plus. Their customer service, at first, was exceptional. When I received the drone, it had an issue a couple of minutes after it started taking flight. One of the motors burned up. They quickly handled it and gave me an RMA. I sent it back and they sent a replacement right away, and everything was great. But then there was a couple of small things that had happened. Some of the screws had come loose and falling out in flight. So I called to see if I could get some replacement screws. I also ordered a couple of additional parts prior to that. I just wanted to add it on to my order but they said that they would send it to me separately at no charge. I got the parts I ordered but never got the screws.

I found out after a few conversations that they don’t send screws like that. I asked them why did somebody lie to me and tell me that they were gonna send them to me twice? I also found a couple of times when I called that they say one thing but that person didn’t know what they were talking about. I asked for schematics on the electrical panel of the motherboard so that if I ever took anything apart, I could put it back together correctly. One customer service rep said, “Yeah. No problem. Let me send it to your email.” She verified my email and said, “Okay, great. You should get that by day’s end.” I never got it so I called back a couple of days later just to find out that they don't give out schematics.

I talked to the supervisor and she was supposed to check into it. They were willing to reimburse me for stuff that I had to buy. I told them no. I didn’t appreciate the way they handled my issues and I’m still leery of purchasing from them. I’ll buy parts if I need parts for my drone but I don’t know if I’ll buy anything else in the future from them because I don’t trust them. I’ve gone through a bunch of different reviews and it looks like I’m not the only one that’s got the same feeling. Hobbytron shows that they’re a 4-star company but I don’t know if I can believe that.

Received this as a gift from my wife. First month came no problems. Second month never received a box and now 2 weeks into the following month and yet to receive a box again. Numerous calls to company with nothing but excuses about them being behind. You can't expect people to spend money for 6 months of stuff upfront and then just simple fail on sending out product as expected regardless of the time of year or your company's work schedule that's not the consumers' problem just simple bad business. My wife is pretty mad about it and is in the process of filing a formal complaint. Trust the BBB and seeking further recourse thru her bank in which the payment was made.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The online ordering process at Hobbytron was pretty quick. I clicked what I wanted and then they ran through my information which was pretty simple. The site is also easy to navigate. I was also able to use a coupon code that I could put in for a 10% discount.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I would love to see what can be done to assist in this matter. Please email me directly at customerservice@worldtechtoys.com to rectify this issue. When responding please provide a phone number and order number. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

HobbyTron's website was easy enough to go through. It was the only place I found that had something really close to what we were looking for so I didn't go any further. When I tried to order online at first, it came out with the $32 fee for shipping, but at the same time it says something about a coupon for free shipping. So I was hesitant to order online in the first place. I was also rather confused with the different information they have so I ended up making a phone call to California and discussed it with them. They instead put the order through over the phone for me and I eventually only had to pay $6 for the shipping. The process was quite effective once I talked to them. So the personnel side is very good.

In fact, I called them back a couple of times and talked to the same person. She answered all my questions and got me all the information I needed. She was very professional, polite, and businesslike. Their staff is very good but I'm very dissatisfied with the helicopter and remote control we ordered. We had some problems with its operation. We're still trying to figure out what's happening with that and really don't know where to go from here. I don't know whether there's a short in the connection or something else. We paid $260 for this product and it's not working so I would not recommend them to anybody.

Hobbytron.com Company Profile