Hobbytron.com

I love Hobbytron. It is really good and I will recommend this to my friends. I plan to purchase many items on here. Thank you for having such great site. This is the best site for air soft guns that I have visited. Thanks for being awesome!

Purchased two drones for Christmas. Both arrived just before Christmas. One was opened and did not work so we didn't open the second. Returned both. One was credited with restocking fee. Second they still have and cannot give me any indication of what the status is. It is now three months and I have called several times. I told them to give me any amount of money back or a new one. They most likely purchase them from China for cheap. Maybe I'll get it in time for 2017 Christmas... Will never purchase from them again.

My honest experience? Ordering a Hobbytron product "says" email confirmation will be sent. IF NOT, DON'T SAY YOU WILL! Nothing sent, no record of order. Being a dumbass after days of waiting for an email conf, I called Customer Service. They had no record (based on name, cc number, nothing)... so ordered the same product again. Guess what? I ended up with 2 of the same products with no recourse via Hobbytron's "NO RETURN" policies. I'm a web programmer, a conf email is not that hard folks! Worst yet, 0 response from Hobbytron Customer Service. Don't fall for Hobbytron's scam! Hobbytron's business model (i.e.ripping customers off) will only last so long.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking around at prices and it seemed like Hobbytron have what I wanted and it was a good price. It was all done online with a credit card. It was pretty easy and I didn't have any problems. The shipping was a little slower than I thought it would be but it's all right.

My wife purchased a drone from this company for our son for Christmas. Our son is autistic, and he only responds to certain colors. My wife didn't find the color that she was looking for online (blue), so she called the company and spoke to a representative. The representative told my wife to write something in the ordering instructions explaining her color choice. She also wrote in the ordering instructions that if the colors that she picked were unavailable to please call her (she left her phone number).

The drone was shipped but she never received a phone call. It was the wrong color (bright green, not one of the three colors requested). Our son was very disappointed so we had to return this drone to Hobbytron for a refund (we eventually found a blue drone for him somewhere else). To make a long story short, we paid $20.00 to ship this drone back to Hobbytron, and Hobbytron charged us a 20% restocking fee. So we had to pay $40.00 (half of the value of the drone) for Hobbytron's mistake.

My wife was told afterwards by a representative of Hobbytron that color choice was not possible, that they ship out random colors. If she was told that in the first place she would have never ordered the drone. Also, the drone was returned to Hobbytron unopened in the original packaging, so I don't understand where a 20% restocking fee would come into play. Stay away from this company when ordering anything, their return policies are extremely unfair, and also their staff is very deceitful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobbytron.com?

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

Hobbytron.com

We are in receipt of the complaint for the above referenced customer. As a Resolution Specialist, I welcome the opportunity to respond to the customer's inquiry.

We addressed this matter directly with Carlos Roland on March 7, 2017, by way of telephone. We have rectified the situation by replacing the unit and sending out extra props Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I bought a Sonic Camera Drone directly from the Hobbytron website. I had reservations because of other people sounding dissatisfied, but I bought it in spite of the negative online reviews. Unfortunately my drone is basically junk. A rotor guard broke while taking it out of the box. The biggest problem is transmitter battery life. I have flown it less than 30 minutes total since I got it on 12/29/2016 and the transmitter has gone through a third set of batteries. What is the problem??? And I only get around 4 minutes of flight time from mine.

Next the camera stopped working so the FPV function no longer worked. That was one of the main reasons I chose that drone. Then the camera mount broke on the bottom of the drone. I didn't crash or anything; it just broke. I looked at it and the camera is held on by a micro servo which weighs less than 2 grams. Poor design and materials. I was even willing to pay for the spare parts, but the ones I needed were not available. And they don't offer a refund under any circumstances at all. Since there's no other drone they have that I want I'm stuck with nothing but a nonworking drone that has no parts available.

Resolution In Progress

Hobbytron.com

We addressed this matter directly with Nancie Bragg on March 7, 2017, by way of telephone. We have rectified the situation by approving her RMA for a return and replacement. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I purchased a drone for my 16 year old son for Christmas. He used it a handful of times. Not only did it take over an hour to charge, it only flew for 6 minutes and then less time after that. Then it broke. Hobbytron would not replace or offer any compensation for it because I was past the 45 days. My son didn't even fly it until Christmas so I am technically not past 45 days of use. They don't care. The biggest waste of money and I will never use Hobbytron again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 8, 2017

I am happy to say that yes I did get a call from Shina at HobbyTron and she told me they will be replacing my drone. I am very happy to hear this thank you Shina and HobbyTron for doing the right thing by your customer.

Hobbytron.com

We addressed this matter directly with Alex on March 7, 2017, by way of telephone. We have rectified the situation by replacing the drone as a one time courtesy. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Shina

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I placed an order on the Hobbytron.com website on Dec/09/16 and a few weeks later I received my order. I was flying the drone I ordered in my backyard one day and it lost connection with the remote and fell in the lake behind my house. I went in my house to look at the paperwork that came with my drone because I had seen that my drone came with a six (6) month warranty regardless of the reason, so I found the warranty paperwork and called the number. After waiting for over three (3) weeks someone got back to me and after a few back and forth emails they tell me that they must have made a mistake and put that warranty paperwork in with my order because my drone doesn't come with that warranty.

I believe that it is not my fault that someone at Hobbytron made a mistake. The fact of the matter is that I got my order and was under the impression that my drone had a six (6) month warranty and now that something happened they want to say they made a mistake. They should stand by the warranty that they send me with my order.

I bought this unbreakable helicopter for my granddaughter's birthday which was 11/15/16. We charged it like it said before use. The helicopter would not lift off the ground so I called and they gave me a RMA #. I had to use my own money to return it. They don't tell you that when you buy an item. Mind you it never really worked. They received it about the 28th of November. I called after a month to ask why I haven't got it and I got some snotty representative that told me it was going to have to be fixed. Not the kind of customer service representative I would hire. To make a longer story shorter, I just received it today 2/3/17, after two and a half months. I don't know how this company stays in business if all their customers are treated like I was. If I were anybody that was thinking of buying something from this company, I wouldn't if I were you. They will never get an order for me again.

Hobbytron.com

We have looked into the situation and per policy, exchanges for items ordered by the customer incorrectly can only be exchanged if unopened and unused. Opened items will not be accepted for exchanges for non defective items. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I ordered the wrong gun for my grandson for Christmas. They will not allow me to return the gun for an exchange. Very unhappy with HobbyTron and will not order from this company again. Online ordering can only be successful if you have assurances the item can be returned. Definitely will not recommend this company.

There's not a better place to buy a drone. A wide variety of drones with free shipping on many and a price range for the beginner all the way to highly skilled. Start with something cheap like a striker to get the required skills before moving into something expensive like a phantom. Happy flying!

Hobbytron.com

We have looked into the situation and we do see that we have received the order already. It has been taken in for repairs. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we will make sure that it is tested before it is shipped out. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I placed my order, and one the item didn't work. Called the support, they sent me a replacement and that didn't work either. After making several attempt to get the working product, I gave up and took my loss. Support didn't provide any solution to resolve my issue.

I have dealt with other RC companies and HobbyTron is the best. I had a problem with the X9 Helicopter not flying well. Called HobbyTron and they replaced it with no problems or questions. Their orders always come in excellent condition and fast. Price is right on the mark too, cheaper sometimes also.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do not have notes on the account of any calls. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us at customerservice@worldtechtoys.com with your order number and what the issue is. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Tiffany

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Ordered a drone. It shipped on the 12th of December and had paid extra for express shipping. It took it nearly 2 1/2 weeks to get to its destination and it was damaged. This was a Christmas gift for my father. He has since called you folks for assistance and has not gotten anyone to return his calls even though he has been told there would be someone doing so. I expected more and deserve better customer service.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As of this moment, we do not have any replacement blades for the Raven drone. Once we have received more in stock, we will go ahead and send you replacement propellers. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact me. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

My son was very excited about ordering his drone. When it arrived it didn't work. When we googled information on the drone we found that often drones will arrive and not work and gave several tips to tinker with them. We got it to work finally but then needed to order extra propellers. We have yet to obtain any helpful information on how to get replacement propellers. You can only email but they can only correspond with you via email. To provide a response you have to log onto their site, jump through their hoops and then wait 5-10 business days for a response. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Do not order anything from HobbyTron.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It does state on our policy that we have certain items that is warrantied by the direct manufacturer. RMA requests are also answered within 2-3 business days once it has been submitted. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I ordered an airsoft gun. It was broken when I got it. It took two day for them to tell me to email the manufacturer about it. I never got to use it and they wouldn't take it back or give me a refund. I wouldn't recommend this site!!!!

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have looked into your order and verified that it is still being held by the local post office. We will go ahead and process the refund in full for you.

Once again, we do apologize for the inconvenience. We were a bit backed up during the holidays and I understand it can be frustrating. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

On November 27, 2016 I ordered a drone for my son's birthday I thought through Amazon. I had a confirmation of the order. Two days later I received a email from Hobbytron saying the order was incomplete and I needed to complete the order, which I did. Then I received two confirmations of the same order and two orders went out and two charges to my credit card. I immediately called Hobbytron to cancel one of the orders but was told both had been shipped and when the second order arrived to refuse it and have it returned to sender. Sounded simple enough!! I was tracking both orders. The first order arrived. The second order got almost to the delivery point then it stopped and started over again from HobbyTron. It finally arrived - delivery left at the door with no indication it was there - luckily found later and was returned to the post office indicating "refused" and "return to sender".

Again I tracked the package. It headed back to CA but on 12/26/16 it arrived at the US postal facility in Bell Gardens, CA and has not been seen since. No one seems to care why the package has not been delivered. They could have stopped the shipment of the second drone especially when they had to ship it the second time. I have never had such poor response from a company or from the US Postal Service. I will never again purchase anything from Hobbytron. Terrible experience from the beginning.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We were not aware that an email was sent out with the inquiry. In regards to the camera, there will be no need to screw it in place. If you look at the upper plate of the camera, you will see clips. You will need to slide it onto the undercarriage of the drone.

If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Shortly after Christmas I had emailed you about a problem we were having with our purchase. I have yet to hear back! The instruction book that came with the drone does not match the drone! The book says to screw camera to drone. Screws supplied but the holes for camera do not match with the holes on drone and camera has fallen out twice! It seems you were gung ho to make a sale but then nothing!

Never will I purchase anything from this company. My gun still sitting in the case. It is now a very expensive and cumbersome paperweight. It is apparent that this company knows its products are garbage as they have no refund policy. Only repair/replace policies. Customer service consists of completing an email and awaiting response. I have done this and no one ever recontacted me.

I called months ago about returning a X^ Quadcopter. I bought a second one and now have two with the same problem... One blade does not spin and the auto trim method does not fix the problem. I must have 5 or 6 copters around and enjoy chasing my wife around the apt. I live in Van Nuys and you guys are in Santa Clarity I believe... Start in warehouse shopping or exchange service. Please.

Hobbytron.com

Due to the holiday season, we were backed up and I understand that it could be frustrating. I so apologize for the inconvenience. We will process a refund for your shipping fee. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com. Please advise us if there is anything else that we can assist you with.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My order was a Xmas present ordered in November. As Xmas grew near repeated call and email were ignored, so I canceled the order. 2 days later I get an mail telling me it shipped. The only thing I heard back was a 15% FOR MY TROUBLE.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We were backed up due to the holiday season and we understand that it can be frustrating. I will email you the link for the returns. I have asked our team to please extend your warranty time frame in order for us to process both of your orders.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I ordered a refurbed sentinel camera drone, it arrived with broken piece in controller. I attempted to fix but could not. I called their complaint line and filed a complaint weeks ago, but have heard nothing! I was dumb enough to buy another drone from them that worked a couple days and is now also useless. Crappiest company I have ever dealt with, I hope they rot in hell!!!

I purchased the above drone online via hHobbytron, item number 33713. I need the white connector wiring coming from motherboard and the white male connector part from battery as the wiring came separated from each end and I will solder/ splice from there. Thank you. I bought this using my American Express Card in Nov (Xmas Gift).

I'm writing just to say HobbyTron has been fantastic, I have bought almost all of my Drones from here and have told several of my friends they are the way to go when looking for RC stuff or Airsoft guns.

For a Springer Shotgun, this bad boy has quite an FPS KICK!! Shooting Elite Force .20g BB's I was getting an average of 330FPS!! Modeled after the Mossberg 500, this shotgun is a single shot but can be pumped more than once for multiple BB shot spread. This does have an adjustable hop-up, that's right a Springer with an adjustable hop-up!! Lightweight, single or multiple shot, very affordable at $34.95 and FUN FUN FUN for CQB action!! GET ONE TODAY!!!

Did not ever replace. Broken when delivered. I called to complain about the helicopter would not work. They do not want to help me or replace it so I'm very disappointed so as of now I would not recommend buying from HobbyTron if they cannot warranty their merchandise.

I put batteries in World Tech Toys Night Copter before giving to my Grandson as gift. Blades rotated, but could not get enough speed to lift helicopter off the ground. I purchased a No 719 Ruicheng Log Loader that had no guts in controller where you install batteries. No way to get power from batteries to run Loader. I requested and a second Log Loader was shipped at no cost. However second loader was also missing guts in controller. I still have these in my office. Don't you think someone would have checked controller before shipping? Two other purchases did work out of box. An RC Truck and a No 718 Fork Lift.

I ordered 2 alpha spy drone motors and they came to me but they didn't work. One was scratched on the bottom and didn't run after I hooked it up. The other one had 1 on the blade and it didn't run either, so I reported them to Hobbytron and I only got one back. I tried to get the other one but I haven't heard from Hobbytron as to when I'm going to get it. This was as of 12/03/16.

We never received the product we ordered. But was charged for it!! It was a replacement motor for a drone that my son had previously bought from you guys that broke after the first use. We will never order from this company again!

When my order arrived it had a defective battery and was missing a cover for one of the LED covers. After an email to Customer Service a replacement battery and full set of LED covers was shipped. Since this drone was a refurbished item I was extremely satisfied with both the product and my response from Customer Service. I bought another refurb a month later.

Hobbytron.com Company Profile