Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love Hobbytron. It is really good and I will recommend this to my friends. I plan to purchase many items on here. Thank you for having such great site. This is the best site for air soft guns that I have visited. Thanks for being awesome!

Why didn't the free shipping coupon did not apply on order? I made an account. I feel like if a online site is going to show offers they should be applied when an order is placed. And another thing, if you are going to place a telephone number on your website, it should be accessed by a landline.

I am satisfied with this experience. The drone looks great. I hope that this product performs well for my son. I have been looking for a drone for him for a while. I also wanted a hoverboard but there was not any available. They were all out of stock.

Hobbytron.com

We are in receipt of the complaint for the above referenced customer. As a Resolution Specialist, I welcome the opportunity to respond to the customer's inquiry.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. One of our reps sent your RMA response on 10/19.16. I have resent it today. If you have any questions or need assistance please feel free to contact me. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

ZX-35921 Helipilot - Requested RMA on October 17, 2016 and have not heard from you. Very dissatisfied with the product which never worked and with your company for not taking care of this matter. I would appreciate a response with an RMA.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I attempted to contact you by phone to rectify this situation. I would love to see what can be done to assist in this matter. Please email me directly at customerservice@worldtechtoys.com to rectify this issue. When responding please provide a phone number. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I've order several camera drones from you guys... an alpha, omega. The alpha came without a camera that was sent a week later but when the drone was started up to fly three of the motors began to smoke and have not worked since. I've requested the rma and it was never sent. This request was made twice and since then the 45 day warranty has expired. Still would like to have this thing in working order just send the requested four motors and I'll try and fix it myself with no hazards to you guys at all since I feel I'm all alone on this. It seems to be the only resolve so that the hundred dollars is not wasted. The omega was just open week ago and there were only three support legs. It requires four. Just send them as this is a Christmas present for my grandson.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobbytron.com?

I had an problem with an RC Helicopter not charging. I had it for approximately two years. It was beyond the warranty period. But the customer service staff at Hobbytron still went out of their way to provide their insight into solving the problem for me. They were always kind, courteous and timely. I definitely recommend that anyone to deal with Hobbytron for their Hobby needs.

I bought the fusion heli. Got the striker and fly great. Will buy again for sure. Thank you hobbytron. They have a big choice of big and small. I have to pick up the rotor replacement parts. I'll be ordering that very soon. The 2 foot heli, was $42 bucks. Original $100 and plus the camera drone... striker... paid $23.44, orig. $170. Happy happy.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have attempted to contact you by phone on multiple occasions. I would love to see what can be done to assist in this matter. Please email me directly at customerservice@worldtechtoys.com to rectify this issue. When responding please provide a phone number. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

2 out of the 3 I bought do not work at all. I have filled out for a RMA 2 times so far on 2 drones that do not work at all but yet I have not got one yet. I am stuck with 2 drones that don't work. I just want my money back so I can pay a little more and buy in town where if they don't work I can just return to the store and not wait for 2 weeks on a RMA number.

No response received

Hobbytron.com

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I would love to see what can be done to assist in this matter. Please email me directly at customerservice@worldtechtoys.com to rectify this issue. When responding please provide a phone number and order number. We strive to make our customers happy and satisfied with all purchases made at Hobbytron.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

Helicopter never work out of the box. Try to contact hobbytron. They give me a website to fill out, then they give me the case number is **. Then they email me said paperwork not enough information. Well what's else can I said? It is not working out of the box...

The drone arrived without a drone battery. I still have not received a battery from Hobbytron. I acquired a battery and the drone works as advertised. I am very happy with the price. The software is easy to use and the video quality is good. The battery is small, so the flight times are short.

I like the amount of RC copters available on your website. Ordering is very easy and the product shows up every time. Is there a place or website where you can give evaluations on each copter. The S8 from Syma has very good control response for yaw as the Fusion from world tech is way too sensitive. The Stunt from Syma is really nice also. There is not to much gyroscopic procession, where as other single blade models have a lot. 95 percent of my flights are at night or dusk. I flew the S8 at -33 below in the UP of Michigan near Iron river. I love fly drones. Also the Hubsan 360. Great for starters and experts alike. Will review and give results for any copter or drone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a drone and I wanted to play with one but I didn't want to spend a fortune, and HobbyTron had one that was perfect to try with a very, very good price. It was absolutely the best. It was the least price I could find and with free shipping, so I got it and it's worked fine. Their ordering process was very easy. But when I ordered two more just like it for my two grandsons, I had a little problem finding free shipping. Then I did the chat, where we typed in questions and they answered. They told me where to find it, and it worked great. However, it's been awful windy so I haven't been able to fly as much as I would like to. I've already recommended Guardian to a few people who want to save.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I recently ordered this drone and was asked to submit a review. I gave it a less than favorable review due to the fact that it has a vertical range of about 50 ft and a horizontal range of maybe 100 ft. The review was never published and when I submitted an email asking if it would be published, I still have not received a reply. This suggests to me that HobbyTron is not interested in customer service and has the attitude that once they have your money, they're no longer interested in what you may have to say. I don't care to do business with people who are not interested in their customers satisfaction and are only in it for the money. I will not do business with HobbyTron again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I could go on and on but I will not waste your time, as Hobbytron did mine. At first I thought that this company really cared about customers, but what they really care about is your money, and they lie to you just to get you off the phone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My co-worker was looking for drones and came across HobbyTron.com and had mentioned that they had good prices. The sales reps were polite and helpful. We purchased the drone through the phone because when we were going to purchase it online it was qualified for free shipping but the shipping code wouldn't go through. We instead did it by phone since the sales rep said it would still qualify for free shipping that way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The prices of Hobbytron are good and it has a variety of things to offer. I had a good experience with them. They sent me a radio antenna ‘cause I didn’t have one with my radio however it won’t fit. It’s too big.

Got a new Hercules (ZX-35850) for Christmas. Love it! Very durable, very stable for a copter in this price range. However, after months of use, one of the motors has started having issues. When I looked at getting a replacement motor, I found that I could buy and ship (free at the time) a refurbished complete helicopter set for about $4 more than I could buy and ship the motor. Was still a little reluctant being worried about maybe getting a used, beat-up helicopter.

My worries were baseless. The one I received looked absolutely brand new, was in original packaging and included all the extra parts that come with a new one. And while I had been very pleased with the way the original copter flew, the refurb actually seems to fly even better. (Now I'm waiting 'til a refurbished Mega Hercules (3 feet long) shows up!) Every interaction I've had with HobbyTron has been great. Customer service can't be beat and the refurbished Hercules arrived 3 days ahead of schedule. Considering all this and very competitive pricing, I don't know why you would look anywhere else for RC hobby supplies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for RC cars online for my kids and the different options available from HobbyTron really stood out for me. It was easy to order from them and my boys are happy. It was a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was looking for a refurbished product because I'm an inexperienced drone user and didn't wanna spend a lot of money the first time around, and HobbyTron offered that. Their customer service representatives were very nice. However, you're gonna wait for at least 10 minutes on the phone when you call them. I put it on speaker after I realized that. They were, however, awesome and they hooked me up, talking about my inexperience drone use and my reluctance to buy an expensive one. After eight seconds of flying in a weather, I probably shouldn't have flown my drone and I lost it - that sucked. I called them back and told them about it. They hooked me up with a replacement at a ridiculous price because the guy was cool about it. Their website was super too.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I ordered a Taigen RC tank. It came with multiple damages, definitely not caused during shipping. It was incompetently refurbished. I paid for a refurbished, not a damaged item. Opened RMA, sent them all pictures and explanations, and they insist I send it back so they can try fixing it again. I presented to them other alternatives, because they want me to pay for shipping, which would be expensive due to weight. They don't want to work with me on any other options and keep hiding behind "policy" claiming I have no other option but ship it back for them to fix (or break even more).

Their customer support is amazingly bad. It usually takes 20 min to wait for someone to pick up the phone, and then they either put you back on hold indefinitely, transfer to some voicemail, or disconnect. And the times I was able to get through, most of the time the support people weren't very nice or helpful, and Katie ** (who turns out to be their supervisor) is very ignorant and arrogant. Stay away from Hobbytron if you value good business.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A friend of mine has the same item from HobbyTron so I bought from them too and I used the same retailer that he used. I’ve got it all charged but I haven’t really got time to use it yet. However we used our friend's so I assumed that it’s okay and it works the same, although we haven’t experienced it yet. Other than that, everything looks okay with it. Their website navigating process was very easy. The website where I got mine, my friend also got one from the same site so it was very good and simple to use. They got top quality products - very high end. So, I'm very satisfied with the stuff that they sell. It was a good experience.

Just bought a Refurb Heli with Video. I hope it works better than the drone I bought and FLEW ONCE & the engine on 1 side started smoking and stopped working. Not worth sending back, would cost me out my pocket. Hope I have better Luck with the Heli, I have been flying them for 10+ years. The last drone bought did not even come with all the parts. The day they came they were the wrong color then not 10 min of flying it, Engine started smoking and froze up. Piece of crap in My book. Hope you did a better Job refurbishing this Heli than my Last item Or I won't be buying from HOBBYTRON anymore. Feel free to email me about the problem with the OMEGA DRONE if someone actually reads this and wants to pay to ship it back.

Easy to look it up on Hobbytron website. I needed this charger for my striker. I do not know why my other charger broke for no clue. As I was reading the manual to charge for 90 - 100 minutes and I saw that the battery had a inside the chip was melted. So I hope that this one will work.

Hobbytron.com

I apologize you had difficulty purchasing products on our website. In order to protect our customer’s from fraudulent activity we have strict fraud detection system in place to protect the cardholder’s information. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Again, this is for your safety. Please let us know if we can assist further regarding this matter.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to bring this issue to our attention.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I had to initiate checkout I think 7 times because the item kept being deleted... Can't apply coupon, etc. I hope the item is worth at least the $35 I had to pay for it.

A very simple way to check out a product. I am very pleased with the layout of everything and I feel confident that I am purchasing through a well recommended site. I hope the rest of the experience is likewise!

It has been real hard to find a single bladed heli with no logos, team names or characters on it. This purchase is for an actual Helicopter Pilot and he is real, real particular about his machine. Let's hope he gets into the RC heli and relaxes a bit.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My son told me about Hobbytron.com. He found the gun that he wanted and it was on sale so I went there and purchased a pellet gun for him. When we got the gun, the magazine wouldn’t discharge from the area so it just ceased. I called Hobbytron and talked to them and they sent me the link to generate a return label to send it back. After I got off the phone, I was able to dislodge it and the gun worked for about a week. And then he came back from a friend’s house and says the gun doesn’t work anymore. He said it won't automatically reload one of the pellets that he had to manually pull back the slide each time to get it to work. So I had to find the email to fill out a ticket and I've started looking into the gun.

I played with it and I got it to work and it worked fine. I did get a hold of them the first time and they walked me through over the phone. They were very professional and good about it, and they sent me the link but because I got it working I just deleted the email. And when the second issue arose, I looked at it, got things in order and then it's worked ever since. I don’t like to send it in because they said if I send it in and there's nothing wrong with it then I get billed and I don’t want to be billed for something where there's nothing defective that they can find. Everything was positive other than he’s a little disappointed with the first gun that he got from them and he’s had two issues already.

Hobbytron.com

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. We strive to provide the best products at the lowest prices and excellent customer service. Thank you for choosing Hobbytron.com for your RC & airsoft needs. We hope you choose Hobbytron.com again for future purchases. Let your friends and family know about the greats deals available at Hobbytron.com.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

My ordering experience using HobbyTron's website was extremely satisfying. The sad parts were that I had to order broken parts for 'the world's first unbreakable RC helicopter' and that the rotor gears I need are out of stock. Hopefully, I'll get an email soon saying they're in. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

We are happy with the gun we order until the one we actually want comes back out. Please let me know when the Colt M4 FPS-300 Rifle and 1911 FPS-210 pistol spring airsoft ops kit come out so we can buy that as well. This is an easy website to get whatever you need.

Hobbytron.com

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I have ordered RC helicopters many times from HobbyTron for use as giveaways at trade shows. Ordering is always easy, and shipment has always been as promised. The only downside is that HobbyTron does not ship to Canada when needed.

Hobbytron.com Company Profile