2.56/5

Hobbytron.com

Founded in 1999, HobbyTron.com has strived to become the #1 retailer in RC Toys and Airsoft Guns worldwide. We also provide remote control cars, remote control helicopters, accessories and so much more. HobbyTron.com has been recognized for several awards one of those being Magazine's INC 500's Fastest Growing Private Companies list. Like us on Facebook for a chance to win one of our many giveaways. Visit our website today!

464 Hobbytron.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I ordered a drone December 19, today is January 3 and I still have not received my order. I bought it for my son's birthday December 29 thinking it would arrive easily on time and now it has been almost a week since his birthday! Not happy.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Buyer beware! I had to give them 1 star otherwise they would get a big fat 0 zero!! I received the item & wasn’t going to open it right away but wanted to make sure all parts etc were included. Wouldn’t want to give a gift w/ missing parts. Was a good thing I did. There was battery acid all over the batteries & the propellers - I instantly threw those away. I have a 2 yr old Grandson & animals that get into everything. I sent a message to the company & they said they would be sending me the replacement items. Then when I didn’t receive them I contacted them & they requested pics & wanted me to send everything back.

I wanted to know why I needed to send the whole thing back. I just needed a couple things replaced. No response. I called again when I had an hour plus to sit on the phone & asked to return it for a refund due to not receiving anything & they said they would not allow a refund because I didn’t send the pics. This company is not about customer service or customer satisfaction at all - they were very rude & would talk before I was finished & were talking over me. I would NEVER buy anything for this company & as I stated above I had to give them 1 star. Otherwise they would get a big fat 0 zero!!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I purchased a Hobby Engine Track Loader RC toy, which came defective. Only way to see that it was defective was to open the box, also wanted to make sure it worked as it was a Christmas gift. I was first told to contact the manufacturer on a defect for a brand new item I received from them!! On an item that costs $130. After I told them they would hear from my credit card company, they changed their tune to an exchange. However, I do not trust the quality of this product and want a complete refund. They have only an exchange policy for opened items, refund policy is 20% restocking fee for unopened items only. You have been warned, find someplace that has quality customer service. You will regret buying from Hobbytron, I do! I will NEVER shop here again! Customer Service is everything!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

They have had my order for 7 days and still haven't shipped it. I have asked for an update, on multiple occasions, but all they say is that "Your order is still being processed in the warehouse". They are making me very concerned. I fear they are going to let me and my sons down. I would think twice about using these guys for Xmas.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased a RCA car for a bday party and when we received it, the car didn’t work. I called and they said they discontinued the product but would not refund my money. Instead they issued me a store credit. The customer service was awful and I saved a live chat transcript to prove it. Be careful their products are defective. Read all the reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hobbytron.com?

Original review: April 3, 2018

Bought a RC Helicopter for $49.95 and it did not work. Large one, over two feet wide. The only problem was is that it would cost me $55.00 to send it back. Bad deal here! Do not use them unless you know for sure your product works. Good luck!

Original review: March 20, 2018

My sons were so excited to find spring guns on this website... In the past, I've only purchased Nerf guns, but since they had done some research on the type of guns they wanted, I decided to treat them to something different. I had never ordered from Hobbytron aka World Tech Toys before, but since the particular guns they found were on sale I went ahead with the order. The first thing that should've concerned me was their ridiculous shipping charges, which didn't reduce although I'm not too far from the company. And who knew that in 2018, companies still tack on "handling" fees? This was like some bad infomercial scam. Despite this, I ordered due to the price of the guns.

We received the items, I ordered 3, and right out of the box 2 did NOT work at all. They did not shoot, nor did the flashlights work. After about 3 days of very light use, the 3rd gun stopped shooting as well. I contacted the company and told them that at this point a refund would be the only solution since I don’t have confidence in the quality of the product. They informed me that there would be no refund since the product was opened and on top of that, I would have to pay for return shipping! Seriously, who does that? I even spoke with a supervisor who basically told me, "Oh well, that's the policy."

Also, the sticker label on the box says, "warning this is not a toy..." But the printed label clearly says, "If you have any questions about this toy..." Also, the box claims it is "heavyweight," but at only 10.1 ounces I would not classify that as heavy. So yeah, deceit and confusion even on the box. The purchase was so disappointing and I will be going back to purchasing Nerf guns for now.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Purchased an Airsoft gun from them this past Christmas for my younger brother. I told him he had to have all A's and B's on his report card and I'd get him something really cool for Christmas that I knew he wanted. He was so excited when he opened it Christmas Day, took it home, and he and my stepfather proceeded to assemble it and go try it out. Makes a clicking noise and didn't fire a single bb.

Tried to be patient since I knew they probably had a lot of returns around Christmas. But honestly, I had to call them multiple times, chat, and call them to even get the gun in the process of return. Then they said they sent me an e-mail... Which I never received, supposedly telling me to return in. But since I didn't get that e-mail, it has already been 45 days since they sent it and it's not their problem anymore. Buy from this "lovely" company if you want faulty products and to constantly be trying to contact customer service to see when they're going to do their jobs.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Imagine this, you're 3 years old, it's Christmas morning and you open a cool looking little red remote control truck. Your dad helps you open the box and removes the truck and controller. He then reads all the instructions and follows them. They say to add 4 "AA" batteries "included" (NOT INCLUDED) in the controller and turn it on. Turn truck off and plug the controller into the truck. In about 30 - 40 minutes the truck will be charged. After 30 - 40 minutes your dad unplugs the truck and turns it on... NOTHING happens. He plugs the truck back into the controller and leaves it plugged in overnight. The next morning you get up and your dad unplugs the truck and turns it on... NOTHING works. This is what my 3 year old son would have experienced on Christmas day coming up this week IF I had not order 2 of these trucks and tested them out last night. Neither of the trucks work.

The one truck, after charging and turning it on, the front tires just uncontrollably started twitching back and forth. The truck would not do anything else. The second truck did not do ANYTHING at all. I went to contact customer service and they are not open on the weekend. I plan to contact them tomorrow but so far... the products are from China, cheap, and do not work. I paid over $16 in shipping charges that I'm sure I won't get back. My hope is that they will NOT charge return shipping! I will update you all after I contact them.

Reading these other reviews about their Customer service... I am not very optimistic. You cannot just email them directly to explain the situation. They require you to select a preloaded issue and if it is because the product does not work then it says to request an RMA. I would rather they hear from me so that is why I am leaving this post. Luckily I am smart and tested these out before my son opened them Christmas morning and my wife came through and bought him a big fast truck that works perfect. Yup tested that one out too even though it was bought at a local retailer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I contacted their customer service to order links for a Batman RC Helicopter. They told me what to order and I did and it was the wrong product. I contacted them and they asked for a photo of what I received and what I needed. They said they would send the correct links and then I never heard from them or received anything. I emailed them over and over and I spoke to their customer service chat line. All useless. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Company sent defective items and refused to make good. They sent nonworking airsoft gun and then when I contacted them to state that it wasn't working they refused to help. It took me until Sept 6th to see if the gun would work. It ran 2 times and then died. Piece of junk that Hobbytron refused to make good on.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have ordered a firepower .45 airsoft gun on September 27, 2017. It is now October 2 and the product has not shipped yet. It says it is processing but when I check my order history, nothing shows up. Can you please help me out? Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever done business with. Poor service. They had my drone the rapture for over a month after telling me it would only be 2 to 3 weeks. No emails, no calls, nothing. This is after I called and wrote many times. I had to threaten to sue before I could finally get them to do anything. Very bad company. The drone I got did not last a month before I had to send it back for repair and I suppose to get a new one so they claimed they fixed mine. We will see, pay more if you have to and get with a better company. You have been warned.

Original review: July 12, 2017

He did his research and for the advertised price and the things that was included with the gun it seemed to be the best bang for his buck. When we received the product, it was not what was advertised that he got AND it was malfunctioning for the get go. I called customer service to be transferred to Tech Support only to be told that they have a no refund policy once the product has been opened... How in their right mind can tell if something is going to electronically malfunction without opening it? Anyway, I let them know that we had not had the product more than 24 hours and they still did not care. They directed me to a form I have to fill out with details about the malfunction (which Tech Support already confirmed with me over the phone it was broken) and now I have to wait 8-10 business days to hear whether they are going to REPAIR or REPLACE... REPAIR??? Are you serious?

I have to keep a defective gun when I just paid with shipping over $75. This is ludicrous. Then after they make that decision I have to still ship this back before they will repair or replace and god knows how long that process will take before they send it back to my son. He now has no money, no gun AND he can't go on his air sorting trip he's been planning for months. In my opinion, this company is knowingly (read all the reviews) selling people crap quality and refusing to give people their money back when their product doesn't work. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Hobbytron seems to be a pretty upfront company and it has very competitive prices. Their online ordering process was pretty straightforward, easy, and user-friendly. I got a drone for my granddaughter during Christmas and it's pretty cheap. I have already recommended it to some people.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I highly recommend them to everyone. The staff in customer service bends over backwards to help with whatever comes up and resolves any issue that one might have. It's a very good company to deal with. I buy from them all the time. Thumbs UP!!!

Original review: May 4, 2017

HobbyTron had good prices and their website was easy to navigate and check out. They also had good customer service. Overall, I had a good experience with HobbyTron and they had good quality merchandise. I would recommend them to my friends.

Original review: April 29, 2017

I wanted an airsoft gun. I got on my phone, went on to HobbyTron, picked the gun I liked and bought it. It was very easy to find what I was looking for and the ordering process was easy too. I also got a $10 gift card but I didn't get a chance to use it yet. Everything costs a lot more than $10. But the gun I bought from them broke already. They sell good products that break in a week.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Quite a long time ago HobbyTron Rani promotion. The promotion offered a free gun with purchase of 3 helicopters. I paid for and received the three helicopters and never received the gun. I was put off and put off and rudely spoken to and denied the free gift. Today a long time later they tell me it's been too long to honor the promotion. They cheated me and I will let everyone know.

Original review: April 25, 2017

A friend referred me to HobbyTron and he said that the prices of their products were good even compared to Amazon. He also guaranteed that I was going to find what I wanted at their website. However, when I tried to find the batteries and a name for my gun, I couldn't find them. So I had to unfortunately go to Amazon and pick one from there. Overall, online ordering with HobbyTron was easy and they have good prices.

Original review: April 24, 2017

We ordered a magazine for my son's airsoft gun. It uses CO2 and the one described on the website said it was for CO2. We received it and found out that it uses green gas. I packaged up the item and sent it back in the original packaging. I also took a picture to show them this before sending. They said the item

was broken and showed a picture of the item that was very worn out and stated they could not refund my money. We didn't even try it as it would not work for our gun. The item in the picture they showed me was obviously not the one I sent, it looked like it was very worn out and they said it was broken. I don't know what they did because there is no way it could have got in that shape from shipping. I was going to order a new one but not now. I had to spend another $12.60 just to return it! If you order something from this site, I hope you don't have to return it because they won't refund your money!!

Original review: April 22, 2017

HobbyTron happened to have the products I was looking for. Ordering was easy and the cost of the products was very competitive but the availability was a little slow. One of the products I ordered was shipped and it should be here shortly but I'm still waiting on the other one. They told me that it would be shipped later and offered to exchange it if I wanted to or give me refund and I decided I would wait. So far, they're helpful and courteous.

Original review: April 2, 2017

We bought a truck for a grandson for Christmas and the truck wouldn't hold a charge. We contacted the company a number of times right after Christmas so we could return the item for replacement or refund. The company replied a couple times stating they would not take the item back, refusing to honor their return policy. It took them over a month to respond to our last email and when they finally did they said our 45 days warranty period had expired. We are very disappointed with the lack of professionalism and service with this company and will never do business with them again. May other buyers be warned before doing business with this company.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I was looking for a drone back in December and I went online. HobbyTron had one that I liked and the price was right so I decided to go ahead and get it. It was originally a Christmas present, and after I found something else for this person for Christmas, I decided to make it a birthday present. I called them before the 45-day period was up because my son could not get the drone to go. They said, "You need to calibrate it."

Then I called again on the third week of January, two days after the 45-day period, and they said, "There's nothing we can do because you're past your warranty. You need to buy a replacement part." I asked, "How do we buy replacement parts?" They said, "We don't know what's going on." I was tee'd off at this point and I didn't know what to do. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and then I tried to reach out to HobbyTron again and there's still nothing they could do. We're still sitting here with this drone that we can do nothing with because it won't work, and they won't take it back. Although their prices are reasonable, I'm done with HobbyTron.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I was looking for drones online and when I hit on it, it was with HobbyTron. Their price is definitely very reasonable and more competitive than prices in other stores. Then, with the ordering and the shipment, everything came in like they said it was going to. It was really nice.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Hobbytron.com had the item that I like at a price that I thought was better. Once I chose what I wanted, they make the software for the items that they sell readily available as a part of the package but that was a little confusing. The software that applied to the specific item that I had wasn’t clear. I had to go through a little bit of a challenge to find the software, but ultimately, it wasn’t too bad. Also, it was not a difficult process to go through the screens to get a selection and the description was clear.

Original review: March 24, 2017

HobbyTron had a more reasonable price compared to other things I had looked at. I didn’t have any trouble ordering and delivery went pretty good.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Purchased two drones for Christmas. Both arrived just before Christmas. One was opened and did not work so we didn't open the second. Returned both. One was credited with restocking fee. Second they still have and cannot give me any indication of what the status is. It is now three months and I have called several times. I told them to give me any amount of money back or a new one. They most likely purchase them from China for cheap. Maybe I'll get it in time for 2017 Christmas... Will never purchase from them again.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I was looking for a drone, and when I typed in "drone", HobbyTron came up. Using their website was easy. I'm 60 years old and don't want to learn new things. I picked what I wanted, I read, and found the answers. They described the whole thing, so I knew what I was getting, while some of the other ones were a little bit confusing or didn't answer all my questions. Also, it was a very competitive price. The price was right there and it was what they said it was, including the shipping. There were no hidden things, which I like. It was a positive experience.

Original review: March 18, 2017

My honest experience? Ordering a Hobbytron product "says" email confirmation will be sent. IF NOT, DON'T SAY YOU WILL! Nothing sent, no record of order. Being a dumbass after days of waiting for an email conf, I called Customer Service. They had no record (based on name, cc number, nothing)... so ordered the same product again. Guess what? I ended up with 2 of the same products with no recourse via Hobbytron's "NO RETURN" policies. I'm a web programmer, a conf email is not that hard folks! Worst yet, 0 response from Hobbytron Customer Service. Don't fall for Hobbytron's scam! Hobbytron's business model (i.e.ripping customers off) will only last so long.

Hobbytron.com Company Information