Compare Electronic Signature Software

Research top Electronic Signature Software recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Integrates well with Windows Microsoft Word and text. I would typically use it to sign letters, contracts, and work orders. In addition the applications are numerous including signature through digital approvals like expenses, sign off sheets, transfer of possessions and lending documents for equipment. Compatible with contracts, sales orders, transfers and approvals. In addition, signature requirements for equipment transfers, receipt, and reconditioning within the plant for reorder use and reconditioning.

The software has not only guarantees but safety concerns for hacking and recreation. Each one is secured and protected from outside with a mechanism to verify and recheck its recreation and to ensure it is printable on most printers, commercially available. The inherent value is simply a couple of clicks of a button and the use of a mouse to position in the correct place. As opposed to repeatedly signing each document over and over, especially if they are form documents and/or routine paperwork.

I'm the owner of a rental company and I was searching a way to send my client contracts to sign online. I used HelloSign trial version for 30 days and found that I can't align the text boxes to the actual text lines on the document. I got several feedbacks from my client who wrote me "it looks unprofessional". I approached HelloSign and chase them for 30 days all I got is explanations about their policy. Weird yes I know. So I thought ok maybe if I pay and sign up completely they will treat me better. Wrong again. They answered me saying their developer is working on it but really nobody is working on it and they ignore me completely. So if you want to work with amateurs HelloSign is the right company for you... Really poor service for product company. I'm totally disappointed.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

HelloSign is an electronic signature company whose mission is to make life easier for its customers. It offers electronic signature integration with Gmail and Google Docs.

• Request signatures: Users can request up to 20 electronic signatures at a time using HelloSign's application.
  • Instant delivery: As soon as someone signs a document, both sender and receiver get a copy in their email to either print or save.
  • Security features: HelloSign offers encryption and secure storage as well as the option to set up a security pin to ensure documents remain private.
  • Free service available: Users can send up to three documents a month for free and get a 30-day free trial on extended service.
  • Receivers never pay: Users can sign documents sent to them by others for free, so they never have to worry about the expense.
  • Best for People who occasionally sign business forms and people who run small businesses.

Question and Answers - HelloSign

What problem is HelloSign trying to solve?

HelloSign improves the way you work by eliminating the hassle of having to print, scan, fax and/or snail mail important documents that require signatures. By making the signing process digital, HelloSign saves businesses and individuals time and money while making the workflow more efficient.

What sets HelloSign apart from the competition?

HelloSign is the most user friendly eSignature solution available today. We’ve simplified the process of signature requests by allowing users to determine the signing order (who signs first) and location of the signature (who signs where). Our user interface is extremely simple without unnecessary bells and whistles, allowing users to execute a complicated signature process with ease. We also offer templates, allowing users to set up commonly used documents with complicated form fields once then reuse them again and again.

What needs do HelloSign’s products or services fulfill, and how does HelloSign fulfill those needs better than the competition?

HelloSign is the answer for businesses that are looking for the most affordable and easiest way to sign documents electronically. We pack all of the most important features needed for the signature process into an intuitively designed user interface without overcomplicating the process. And when users do have a question, they can be assured that our in-house customer support team will be ready and willing to hop on the phone within minutes. HelloSign offers integrations with many cloud service providers including Google Drive, Google, Docs, Gmail, DropBox, Evernote, Box and more. In addition to offering legally binding signatures, HelloSign offers the highest level of account security using two factor authentication at both the account and document level. No other eSignature provider offers the additional protection of locking down your entire account.

How does HelloSign measure success?

First and foremost, we measure success by the success of our users. Our top priority is to make sure that our users save time, money and hassle by using HelloSign for electronic signatures. We want that experience to be as seamless and beneficial as possible and one way we measure that success is by looking at the positive feedback that we get on social media. Our users are exceptionally vocal about how much they appreciate HelloSign on our Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn, and the better the feedback, the more successful we’re making our users.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry and HelloSign?

The most common misconception about eSignatures is that they aren’t legally binding. Since the ESIGN Act was enforced in 2000, a contract or signature “may not be denied legal effect, validity, or enforceability solely because it is in electronic form”. This means that electronic signatures are just as legal as their paper equivalents and are court admissible. It also means that electronic signatures are subject to the same legal scrutiny of authenticity that is exercised with paper documents. The UETA (Uniform Electronic Transactions Act) has also been adopted in 47 states since it was approved in 1999, meaning that the overwhelming majority of state laws also support eSignatures. Furthermore, some industries are slow to adopt eSignature solutions because they are afraid of outside parties tampering with electronic documents, however we offer a completely tamper-proof audit trail.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about HelloSign?

We’d like consumers to know that we put our users first in every decision we make as a company - that’s why we’re so dedicated to developing a product that makes our users more successful in everyday life. We’re the product leader in the eSignature space because we’ve found a way to make a complicated workflow very intuitive and our user interface is second to none.

HelloSign Company Profile