2.0/5 (50 ratings)

About GLOSSYBOX

GLOSSYBOX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I am completely distraught trying to get help with Glossybox customer service and relations team. I ordered an advent calendar on 2nd Oct 2020 as a present for someone and I still have not received anything over 2 months later. We are now well into December and the product has lost its value and meaning now. I have been back and forth with their agents who have not provided any help. They have repeatedly told me it is an “active order” and there is nothing they can do. I have asked several times for a refund and today after a week of messages they are saying my order is “sorted” and they will not give me a refund. My order has never arrived and is not sorted. I am disgusted and let down immensely as is the young girl I bought this as a gift for. I am being left out of pocket before Christmas and feel they have just stolen my hard earned money.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I purchased a subscription to this company through a third party. Initially, I really liked it. The boxes were cute, the products were fun, and it was a nice treat for myself. However, as times became more lean I had to trim my budget and this was the first to go. I wasn't so upset because the last box (my fourth month) was pretty underwhelming, mostly skincare testers and not relevant to answers I gave in my preferences survey. I cancelled via email, as is their policy, and their customer service rep acknowledged my request, saying they would delete my information and cancel the account.

Two weeks later I get charged. I reach out to customer service and they say I CAN'T cancel, even if I disliked the products/experience. I cancelled with PayPal for the next month. No attempt was made by GLOSSYBOX at either encounter to retain or even ask why I wanted to cancel. It's a shame they burned this bridge, because even though I didn't love my last box, I would have picked the service back up when my finances were flush. Now I don't want to deal with them or give any more money. :(

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

It’s October, haven’t received my September box yet. I was charged for October’s box without receiving last months. I’ve called, emailed and even tried chatting with their live agent online. I’m constantly kicked out of the live chat. I’ve received different responses as to why my order hasn’t arrived. I reached out to DHL on my own to track down my package but the tracking number provided wasn’t valid. I wish I never signed up. I wanted to try it. It’s a waste of money, they don’t follow through with their commitments.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was charged twice back in September for October's box and was charged twice. I still haven't received a refund. Come October 1st they tried charging me again, but thankfully through PayPal I canceled (You cannot cancel on their site) & Then I got a email saying non payment so No box. I emailed yet again & they released. Fast forward to today.. Still no refund & just received this box. They gave me the exact lip gloss I got last month. Anyway, the box sucks, customer service sucks & I will not buy anything from them again. If you do subscribe, Make sure to do so with PayPal so you have a choice to cancel!

Original review: June 2, 2020

I have lost a total of £40 from Glossybox, over an unauthorised subscription. Furthermore, the amount I was charged didn't even match the supposed subscription I had signed up (I had not signed up!) for. Their customer service was dismissive.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Price was too much...for what you get... Not worth the money... The product is not the good either.... Kind of like a me too product. My wife actually returned it because she was so dissatisfied. This sure required a lot of effort.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Beautiful packaging and quality products. The value always exceeded the cost of the individual box. Always feels like a luxury box. Only complaints: too much nail polish and mascara. I wish there was more customization.

Original review: April 21, 2020

This company has the worst customer service. They’re either struggling financially or just morally bankrupt. Boxes are decent, fun to receive & some products are great. BUT if you experience a problem, it’ll take multiple emails to reach a reasonable remedy, (Every email has to go through their website) which is really a false promise. They also make it impossible to cancel, which is so sketchy.

Had 2 of 5 items arrive damaged & unusable. Box costs $25 - I sent a photo (you can only upload 1) - they offered a $3 credit. Their website says they will replace the items. I complained and asked to have items replaced. They offered $5 credit. Again, 2 of 5 products useless. I asked a third time for the replacements and told them to cancel my subscription immediately. They said I HAD to get another month because it was after the 14th. Two problems with this: 1. Box arrived on the 20th (late due to Covid) and 2. Covid. ANY person with a subscription should be allowed to cancel considering the rate of unemployment and furloughed positions. This company does not care about its customers in the least.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I got nice items in my box but at the same time, there was other product cartons that had no product in it. For example, the product holder box, say mascara holder box, was in the GLOSSYBOX, but the mascara was not in there. They were informed.

Original review: March 3, 2020

A recent promotion for a 3 month subscription is set to a hidden automatic renewal opt-in. You only find out once they have billed you and it is a renewal for the original subscription period, not a monthly basis. It cannot be cancelled. This is essentially dishonest marketing and the fact that there is a refusal on the part of the company to cancel the subscription or even PART of the subscription suggests that that this company isn’t too concerned with its customers. It is quite frustrating to deal with customer service whose only response is to communicate prewritten emails. Would suggest avoiding this particular subscription box, there are too many other options out there to deal with this grief.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I signed up for a year's worth of Glossybox. Wouldn't say the boxes are brilliant. In December I was disappointed to find the full size shower gel had cracked & leaked all over everything. I complained & they said they would issue a refund for that 1 box. That was the 9th December. This is now 22nd February! I've messaged & called them countless times & always get fobbed off with the same story! They told me it was done thru PayPal & I need to 'claim' this so called refund... I called Paypal & they had never heard of this! They said the refund goes back into my account automatically which it has done with other companies. I cannot state enough about how rude & unprofessional this company is! Avoid! I learned the hard way!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I signed up to treat us during a difficult time in life. What we got was a fun time. Until three months into the subscription. I paid for one year. The December box was never dispatched. They claimed I cancelled which was full blown lie. Obviously. Finally, they said the ran out of boxes. Obviously that can't be true because I literally pre-ordered in September when I paid for one year in advance. Then they say they give me one month off. Huh? How? Impossible! I already paid. The December box was what we cared about so much. Don't mind us ordering other stuff too. We were treated like crap. Customers Service is below any standard.

The content of the boxes is below full size. When you go to the headquarters website, you will see they actually admit that all are samples. The Advent calendar was filled with cheap stuff and occasionally a better thing. All in all, a rip off company. They should be held accountable for their lies. Samples are free by most companies. Glossybox was our very first subscription to any company. And here we are. I have to find a way to get reimbursed because they will not care. Shame on the company for allowing this. I am upset over the lies a d miserable customer service. Lower than low! Money theft the modern way.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I'm not new to monthly beauty boxes. I previously been a member at Boxycharm and others. I have been a member of Glossybox for 4 yrs. The first 3 yrs I was a happy customer. When "the hut" took over things went downhill from the quality of products to the customer service. Now, "the hut" (glossybox) sends out emails about limited editions, they charge your account and then a month later when you inquire where your box is that you paid extra for, they respond with "of I'm sorry we sold out of that".

Being a member for 4 yrs with my subscription expiring may 2020, I can honestly say since the take over of glossybox by "the hut" it's terrible. I receive items I've received previously, broken items, or dried up items. They've taken a great thing and made it terrible. I've also removed my credit card info from the system on my profile but yet if I log back on it seems to reappear with auto renewal back on. I've finally had to call them to say remove my information and stop turning back on auto renewal. I will ultimately switch to the derm stores monthly box and say goodbye to glossybox forever because the service is not the same and they have excuse after excuse for their lack of providing a good service.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Cancelled after a couple months because it was all deluxe and sample sized skin care, hardly any makeup, not worth the price at all.. Card got charged another 2 times after canceling, I had the cancel email, still couldn't get a refund.. Terrible customer service, fraudulent charges, bad products. Check them out on BBB, lots of similar issues. No one even reviews these boxes anymore because they're so bad.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

So I am on a low income and wanted to treat myself to one of these boxes for a while to see if they were good value. Through a promo link on FB Messenger I won a free Holiday Box with a purchase so was really excited to order one month with one box free for just $21. I signed up July 24th. The box arrived reasonably quickly but without the free Holiday box. I chased this up asking for a tracking number NUMEROUS times and every reply failed to provide tracking before I was eventually offered a $10 credit as the box hadn’t shipped, I declined this as this holiday box boasted 5-6 full sized products worth like $100 (allegedly). While continuing to chase further this missing box I was charged a further $21 for an August box!?

I signed up for ONE month, the month of July. I was told pretty much this was tough luck as I hadn’t cancelled my ONE month subscription by July 14th. I signed up on JULY 24TH so basically was not able to cancel by that logic meaning they falsely advertise a ONE month box knowing they are going to charge you further. I am STILLLL waiting for the free holiday box, I STILLLL have no tracking number and they are REFUSING to cancel and refund the August box because I could not time travel back to before I was a customer to cancel my future order.

The July box was also hugely disappointing and not even worth $21. I cannot comment on the holiday box as I STILL don't have it and see no sign of getting it either. Throughout the service has been TERRIBLE and they treat new customers appallingly. Bear this in mind that if you want to cancel to trawl the small print as they will rinse you for every penny and fail to help you. There is a reason they don't have reviews on Facebook. They are a terrible unethical company to deal with.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I bought a Glossybox as a gift to myself, when the products arrived I was very disappointed with how boring they were. I cancelled as soon as I received my first box so I was very surprised to see a payment taken the following month. I emailed them again and was told that I would receive a refund within a few days as the product was not dispatched yet. I have been waiting for my refund (told 3-5 days) when I received an email today that said my box was on its way. I have now emailed them again and have to admit their whole cancellation process is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 3 attempts to cancel a monthly subscription. I will totally avoid Glossybox after this.

Original review: June 1, 2019

They "fished" me with a generous offer for the 3 months. The products are not worthy and the subscription is set up in a way it is automatically renewed!!!! You know how it goes: The automatic renewal term is written in the FAQ or somewhere that one needs to look for, and once you get invoiced you cannot claim the money back... Pure scam disguised as "so sorry for your loss, you should have known better". Thank you for the lesson GLOSSYBOX.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I received the April box late, on the same day as the May box. When I opened it the tissue was all over the place, the ribbon was untied, there was no insert, shampoo was all over everything, and a little bottle of facial spray was uncapped and empty. I took pictures and emailed Glossybox. I got a response asking for a picture, sent one, and got a response demanding more pictures, which I sent. I clearly told them that the shampoo was all over the place. I did not ask for an entire new box, although it would have been appropriate. I then got a message saying that they felt that everything was fine, it was just some packaging that was ruined, and have a nice day. They claim that if you are unhappy, they will replace, and yet, they refused.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've been charged for 2 boxes and have yet to receive either. Glossybox uses a less than known shipping service that has shown my boxes in transit for over 2 weeks. Had to cancel based on the poor shipping services alone.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I am not a newbie to the monthly subscription boxes (I currently do Birchbox) and had such a wonderful experience with them that I thought I would also try another. I signed up and received my first box and thought wow this really good. The presentation of the box and products I received were great! I then had an email to subscribe in a rolling month (which I did) and then a few days later had an email about an offer they were doing for a cheaper price per month on a 12-month subscription so I thought great deal. I’ll do it.

I then had 3 payments go out of my account and I am due to receive 3 of the same boxes! I emailed customer service advised them of the issue and explained in no where did it state I would be adding a new subscription and not replacing my current. Something I should have checked but at no point did it state a new subscription. The customer service was horrific and basically just told me what I advised them which was the fact 3 payments have gone and I will receive 3 boxes.

At no point was there any empathy or even an acknowledgment that I was unhappy with what had happened! To which I responded explaining I already understood this and was hoping for a solution from them not the information I had already provided. To which I had another generic response reiterating what the first message was and asking me if I would like them to cancel the 2 other subscriptions for future. I have now asked them to cancel all my subscriptions as they obviously don’t care about their customers!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I am not new to subscription boxes. I have had Birchbox Ipsy and Boxycharm. I love my Boxycharm because they send full-size products. I thought that is what I would be getting with GLOSSYBOX but I was wrong. Not only are they low end products some of the products are sample size. I got a letter with my first box stating they ran out of the mascara for the box so they subbed a eye shadow palette. In Boxycharm when they send palette it is a full-size palette. What GLOSSYBOX sent was a tiny little sample size of TWO colors of eye shadow! I have gotten better products in my Birchbox and Ipsy which are half the cost of GLOSSYBOX. I cancelled the subscription immediately and will be going back with one of the others. If you want full-size products go with Boxycharm!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am a new customer who recently signed up. During the sign-up I made a clerical error on the address number. I immediately sent a note to customer service and stated the problem. The response I received stated I needed to contact the courier to resolve as they could not fix the address problem and that the product already shipped. I knew it hadn’t already shipped since it had only been seconds since I submitted my order as a first time customer. I ended up calling them and was told as soon as it ships I would receive an update with the tracking info so I could call myself to see if they could resolve the shipping to the wrong address. Unhelpful in my opinion that they couldn’t figure this out, but I was willing to do it myself.

Several days went by with no update so I called back again. This time they stated that they weren’t sure why the product hadn’t shipped yet and they would contact the shipping department to try and resolve the shipping address issue since it hadn’t gone out yet. I was very happy as this is what I would have expected to happen from the very beginning. Unfortunately several days later I received an email saying they cannot fix the address. Contact the courier myself again. Yet, no update on who the courier is. So, called again. Product still hadn’t shipped so no updates. I’ve emailed for a couple of weeks now and no updates on shipment or address, just the same generic response regarding contact the courier.

Now that it is way past the Valentine’s Day I was ordering for in the first place and still no resolution I request they cancel my subscription and refund the money since they have not been able to ship me my product or resolve the shipping issue. They refuse to do so and state that I should contact the courier regarding the address problem. :( Needless to say, I’ve called and emailed to NO resolution still and have paid over $100 for nothing but a headache. Don’t bother with these guys.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

So I had GLOSSYBOX for a few months until I just about had it with subpar products. Now, I'm no newbie to these subscription products for I've used Ipsy and FabFitFun...etc. As I grew older and my budget for makeup/skincare increased, I've decided to check out GLOSSYBOX, which markets itself as a "LUXURY" beauty subscription box. Thought I'd try it since they had La Mer, SKII and Sulhwasoo in their marketing photos so thought it'd be worth the extra cost. However, that couldn't have been the FURTHEST from what I got. I pretty much got the things I got from Ipsy, which is a fraction of the cost of GLOSSYBOX.

This was by far THE WORST box/scam I've experienced. Inside their fancy packaging lie some cheap things that you can find in discount aisles at Sephora. To make things worse, they responded with a nasty/defensive email that they cannot afford to put more expensive things in the box for cost-effective reason. So they're lying to their customers that they're a "luxury" product, frauding them by charging them a hefty amount for cheap drugstore brand beauty products.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a 6-month subscription and the Christmas Limited Edition Box for my daughter, because she loves trying new beauty products. Most of the Glossybox trial products are worthwhile, but the shipping process Glossybox implements and their customer service are both HORRIBLE! To make things worse, when you contact their customer service department their reply is more or less - OH WELL, you're locked into the subscription, SO SORRY! I will not order from this vendor again; there are other companies that offer beauty product subscriptions that I can spend my money with.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been receiving GLOSSYBOX and several other beauty subscriptions and had never experienced this before. Being my birthday month, and I don’t do anything for my birthdays, I was especially looking forward to this months box. I should have gotten it by the 13th, so I checked the tracking progress and it stated it was returned. I just got off the phone with customer service and verified my address and they had my zip code wrong. She said it was my fault and they would not be sending me the box, but would give me store credit to purchase something online. How hard is it to resend the box that I paid for? I would even pay extra for the shipping. It is my box I paid for. Bad customer service!! I have been getting the box for some time now and think they would be a little more customer oriented. I may be cancelling, but love their boxes. They just need to learn the customer comes first.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been receiving Glossybox for a while now and belong to a few other subscriptions. This is my birthday month and it is kind of like receiving a present-even though self bought-but I don’t do anything else for birthdays. I should have received my box by the 13th, so when I checked tracking, it said it was returned due to shipping address error. I talked to a representative just now and they had my zip code wrong, so she fixed it, They will not resend the box back to me and I really wanted this month's box. She stated it was my fault and I can use the credit to buy something online :(. I wanted the box. I liked Glossybox before, not happy with them now. I never had a problem before getting any of the beauty boxes from any company until this time. I bought the box, it was sent, what is so hard with sending it back out? They place blame on customers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I would love to review the box, but I never received one!! So I'll review the customer service. Going back to the beginning, I got a credit for a discount on 3 month subscription of GLOSSYBOX and I was so excited to get my first box in. When I received email confirmation it was coming in it had my old billing address as the delivery address. I emailed customer service and pretty much told me they could do nothing since the address was entered wrong. I went that day and changed my address as directed in the FAQ.

Next month comes around and it's a combination of both my old address and new address. I email again and told them. Again they can't do anything about it, even though I went back to my account and only had ONE address in saved addresses, and it was my correct address!! I didn't understand what was happening so I emailed again. I was told again they can't do anything. Then I asked for a refund for the last box and to stop my order and was told they can't give me one. I am beyond upset with how this company works. Every time I had to email I had to create a new email when what I had said previously was not still attached, so it felt as if I was speaking to a thousand different people who could not understand my frustration. BOXYCHARM all day long. They have the best customer service!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Signing up was a very easy process. I just went to the website! I chose GLOSSYBOX because a friend recommended it. I like the wide variety of brands and products. It wasn't just makeup and also included nail stuff. The packaging is super cute too and I like the whole getting to try a bunch of things before choosing or not choosing to buy full-size. There was nothing I disliked about the box. It was alright but I have since looked at other boxes and I am more inclined to subscribe to them. The Sephora box has more products I trust and is cheaper.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

There are so many reasons to love my box I get every month and I don't even know where to begin. Like what do you do when you are so very, very, happy. It was from Ipsy and I love it so much. It’s so great and super useful. I always get new makeup brands to try I've never heard of. It’s like 10 bucks a month and it’s super cheap.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I choose Glossybox because of the great variety of makeup products. They carry all the specific brands I use on a daily base! The prices are reasonable and very affordable to me. They offer weekly great deals and sales and most often I found online on certain pages some coupons I can use in this beauty box store! The prices are already very affordable but with the sales and coupons, it's much more fun to spend there a little more money. I really do enjoy this with my spouse to shop there. It's like a little event for us! I really hope and think it will stay like this!

GLOSSYBOX Company Information