2.44/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

GLOSSYBOX

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

GLOSSYBOX Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Cancelled after a couple months because it was all deluxe and sample sized skin care, hardly any makeup, not worth the price at all.. Card got charged another 2 times after canceling, I had the cancel email, still couldn't get a refund.. Terrible customer service, fraudulent charges, bad products. Check them out on BBB, lots of similar issues. No one even reviews these boxes anymore because they're so bad.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

So I am on a low income and wanted to treat myself to one of these boxes for a while to see if they were good value. Through a promo link on FB Messenger I won a free Holiday Box with a purchase so was really excited to order one month with one box free for just $21. I signed up July 24th. The box arrived reasonably quickly but without the free Holiday box. I chased this up asking for a tracking number NUMEROUS times and every reply failed to provide tracking before I was eventually offered a $10 credit as the box hadn’t shipped, I declined this as this holiday box boasted 5-6 full sized products worth like $100 (allegedly). While continuing to chase further this missing box I was charged a further $21 for an August box!?

I signed up for ONE month, the month of July. I was told pretty much this was tough luck as I hadn’t cancelled my ONE month subscription by July 14th. I signed up on JULY 24TH so basically was not able to cancel by that logic meaning they falsely advertise a ONE month box knowing they are going to charge you further. I am STILLLL waiting for the free holiday box, I STILLLL have no tracking number and they are REFUSING to cancel and refund the August box because I could not time travel back to before I was a customer to cancel my future order.

The July box was also hugely disappointing and not even worth $21. I cannot comment on the holiday box as I STILL don't have it and see no sign of getting it either. Throughout the service has been TERRIBLE and they treat new customers appallingly. Bear this in mind that if you want to cancel to trawl the small print as they will rinse you for every penny and fail to help you. There is a reason they don't have reviews on Facebook. They are a terrible unethical company to deal with.

Get expert buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I bought a Glossybox as a gift to myself, when the products arrived I was very disappointed with how boring they were. I cancelled as soon as I received my first box so I was very surprised to see a payment taken the following month. I emailed them again and was told that I would receive a refund within a few days as the product was not dispatched yet. I have been waiting for my refund (told 3-5 days) when I received an email today that said my box was on its way. I have now emailed them again and have to admit their whole cancellation process is ridiculous. It shouldn't take 3 attempts to cancel a monthly subscription. I will totally avoid Glossybox after this.

Original review: June 1, 2019

They "fished" me with a generous offer for the 3 months. The products are not worthy and the subscription is set up in a way it is automatically renewed!!!! You know how it goes: The automatic renewal term is written in the FAQ or somewhere that one needs to look for, and once you get invoiced you cannot claim the money back... Pure scam disguised as "so sorry for your loss, you should have known better". Thank you for the lesson GLOSSYBOX.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I received the April box late, on the same day as the May box. When I opened it the tissue was all over the place, the ribbon was untied, there was no insert, shampoo was all over everything, and a little bottle of facial spray was uncapped and empty. I took pictures and emailed Glossybox. I got a response asking for a picture, sent one, and got a response demanding more pictures, which I sent. I clearly told them that the shampoo was all over the place. I did not ask for an entire new box, although it would have been appropriate. I then got a message saying that they felt that everything was fine, it was just some packaging that was ruined, and have a nice day. They claim that if you are unhappy, they will replace, and yet, they refused.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?

Original review: March 6, 2019

I've been charged for 2 boxes and have yet to receive either. Glossybox uses a less than known shipping service that has shown my boxes in transit for over 2 weeks. Had to cancel based on the poor shipping services alone.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I am not a newbie to the monthly subscription boxes (I currently do Birchbox) and had such a wonderful experience with them that I thought I would also try another. I signed up and received my first box and thought wow this really good. The presentation of the box and products I received were great! I then had an email to subscribe in a rolling month (which I did) and then a few days later had an email about an offer they were doing for a cheaper price per month on a 12-month subscription so I thought great deal. I’ll do it.

I then had 3 payments go out of my account and I am due to receive 3 of the same boxes! I emailed customer service advised them of the issue and explained in no where did it state I would be adding a new subscription and not replacing my current. Something I should have checked but at no point did it state a new subscription. The customer service was horrific and basically just told me what I advised them which was the fact 3 payments have gone and I will receive 3 boxes.

At no point was there any empathy or even an acknowledgment that I was unhappy with what had happened! To which I responded explaining I already understood this and was hoping for a solution from them not the information I had already provided. To which I had another generic response reiterating what the first message was and asking me if I would like them to cancel the 2 other subscriptions for future. I have now asked them to cancel all my subscriptions as they obviously don’t care about their customers!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I am not new to subscription boxes. I have had Birchbox Ipsy and Boxycharm. I love my Boxycharm because they send full-size products. I thought that is what I would be getting with GLOSSYBOX but I was wrong. Not only are they low end products some of the products are sample size. I got a letter with my first box stating they ran out of the mascara for the box so they subbed a eye shadow palette. In Boxycharm when they send palette it is a full-size palette. What GLOSSYBOX sent was a tiny little sample size of TWO colors of eye shadow! I have gotten better products in my Birchbox and Ipsy which are half the cost of GLOSSYBOX. I cancelled the subscription immediately and will be going back with one of the others. If you want full-size products go with Boxycharm!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I am a new customer who recently signed up. During the sign-up I made a clerical error on the address number. I immediately sent a note to customer service and stated the problem. The response I received stated I needed to contact the courier to resolve as they could not fix the address problem and that the product already shipped. I knew it hadn’t already shipped since it had only been seconds since I submitted my order as a first time customer. I ended up calling them and was told as soon as it ships I would receive an update with the tracking info so I could call myself to see if they could resolve the shipping to the wrong address. Unhelpful in my opinion that they couldn’t figure this out, but I was willing to do it myself.

Several days went by with no update so I called back again. This time they stated that they weren’t sure why the product hadn’t shipped yet and they would contact the shipping department to try and resolve the shipping address issue since it hadn’t gone out yet. I was very happy as this is what I would have expected to happen from the very beginning. Unfortunately several days later I received an email saying they cannot fix the address. Contact the courier myself again. Yet, no update on who the courier is. So, called again. Product still hadn’t shipped so no updates. I’ve emailed for a couple of weeks now and no updates on shipment or address, just the same generic response regarding contact the courier.

Now that it is way past the Valentine’s Day I was ordering for in the first place and still no resolution I request they cancel my subscription and refund the money since they have not been able to ship me my product or resolve the shipping issue. They refuse to do so and state that I should contact the courier regarding the address problem. :( Needless to say, I’ve called and emailed to NO resolution still and have paid over $100 for nothing but a headache. Don’t bother with these guys.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

So I had GLOSSYBOX for a few months until I just about had it with subpar products. Now, I'm no newbie to these subscription products for I've used Ipsy and FabFitFun...etc. As I grew older and my budget for makeup/skincare increased, I've decided to check out GLOSSYBOX, which markets itself as a "LUXURY" beauty subscription box. Thought I'd try it since they had La Mer, SKII and Sulhwasoo in their marketing photos so thought it'd be worth the extra cost. However, that couldn't have been the FURTHEST from what I got. I pretty much got the things I got from Ipsy, which is a fraction of the cost of GLOSSYBOX.

This was by far THE WORST box/scam I've experienced. Inside their fancy packaging lie some cheap things that you can find in discount aisles at Sephora. To make things worse, they responded with a nasty/defensive email that they cannot afford to put more expensive things in the box for cost-effective reason. So they're lying to their customers that they're a "luxury" product, frauding them by charging them a hefty amount for cheap drugstore brand beauty products.

GLOSSYBOX expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GLOSSYBOX launched in Germany in 2011 and has since expanded to 10 countries, including the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Subscriptions range from one month up to one year. Consumers receive at least five deluxe- or full-size beauty products of premium or niche brands in keepsake boxes.

• Customized: After subscribing, customers fill out a beauty profile, which influences the brands and products they will receive in their box. They can update their profile as their preferences change.

• Rewards: Customers earn GLOSSYDots for each box they purchase as well as completing surveys, submitting reviews and referring new customers. GLOSSYDots can be used to buy an extra box.

• GLOSSY REPORT: Interested consumers can read about beauty tips and tricks, new products and other related topics on the company’s blog, GLOSSY REPORT.

• Gift subscriptions: Consumers can purchase a gift subscription for their loved-ones. The recipient will be notified via e-mail and can then complete their beauty and style profile. Gifts are available as one-month, three-month, six-month or one-year subscriptions.

• Niche brands: GLOSSYBOX works with companies around the globe to bring new and niche brands to customers. This feature can help consumers discover new brands and products. GLOSSYBOX also works with well-known luxury brands.

• Best for: GLOSSYBOX has subscriptions boxes for women and is best for selective consumers and makeup lovers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs