2. Shopping
  3. Beauty Box

2.1/5 (43 ratings)

About GLOSSYBOX

GLOSSYBOX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?

Resolution response: Sept. 8, 2021

This company and I didn't resolve anything. I'm paying for these boxes until the year is over. I still want people to learn from my experience and be careful about the terms and conditions of this company (which are not clear at check out) if they decide to buy anything from them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Be very careful when signing up for this subscription box. I got interested when they had that ‘$1 box deal’. Yes, your first box will be $1 dollar but you will be locked in for a 12-month subscription that you can’t cancel and if you try, they will threaten you with taking legal action and hiring debt collectors if you don’t pay or try to cancel their payments. Can they do it? Yes, they can! Read their terms and conditions page, because this information isn't provided at the checkout page before you pay.

The box isn’t worth $19 a month, the high-end products they pick are mainly travel-sized mixed with some average quality stuff you can get at the drugstore.
Also, make sure to use Paypal so you have control over the automatic payments you make and they can’t try to take more of your money.

I learned this the hard way, if you can, try to stay away from this company and go for subscriptions like FabFitFun where the value of the box is way higher than the cost of the subscription, and most importantly, the company is upfront about their fees and what you’re truly signing up for.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Unfortunately the customer service lets them down. The boxes are good and the right price per month, but I cancelled my subscription after the 1st box due to financial reasons. They then took money out of my account on the 2nd month, so I just assumed I cancelled it too late, but then taking money out of my account on the third month - that was not acceptable! Unfortunately, you can't call someone to discuss this with you have to send messages and from the replies I am receiving, no one is fully reading my messages.

I tell them I have cancelled the subscription and that I only have two email addresses and neither has a subscription with them. I thought that finally I had gotten through to someone that understood, and they confirmed that my subscription was cancelled, yet did not offer a refund of the money they took as there was a box on it way. So I had to accept the box, but when it arrived the box was damaged as the can of drink that they had put in this month's subscription had burst and ruined all the products in the box. I had to again message someone regarding this, and nearly a whole month later from them taking the money out of my account, I am still nowhere further!

They keep asking for an order number, which I don't have as I cancelled my subscription. They keep asking for other email addresses and other contact information but still can't find any information. To which I reply, it's because I cancelled the subscription!!!! Seriously why can't you call and talk to a human being! It takes them 24 hrs to reply to your message, you then have to reply back which takes them another 24 hrs to read and reply to you! So to date I still don't have my subscription money back, nor do I have a box as compensation as it's ruined by the burst can.

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Gift subscription not delivered to recipient. Chat team cannot find the order, but the credit card bill is there! I wasn't going to write reviews elsewhere, but I see the GLOSSYBOX review system is not transparent. My bad review of this experience doesn't show on their website. That's extremely dishonest and makes me concerned whether the company actually has a lot of bad reviews.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I am completely distraught trying to get help with Glossybox customer service and relations team. I ordered an advent calendar on 2nd Oct 2020 as a present for someone and I still have not received anything over 2 months later. We are now well into December and the product has lost its value and meaning now. I have been back and forth with their agents who have not provided any help. They have repeatedly told me it is an “active order” and there is nothing they can do. I have asked several times for a refund and today after a week of messages they are saying my order is “sorted” and they will not give me a refund. My order has never arrived and is not sorted. I am disgusted and let down immensely as is the young girl I bought this as a gift for. I am being left out of pocket before Christmas and feel they have just stolen my hard earned money.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I purchased a subscription to this company through a third party. Initially, I really liked it. The boxes were cute, the products were fun, and it was a nice treat for myself. However, as times became more lean I had to trim my budget and this was the first to go. I wasn't so upset because the last box (my fourth month) was pretty underwhelming, mostly skincare testers and not relevant to answers I gave in my preferences survey. I cancelled via email, as is their policy, and their customer service rep acknowledged my request, saying they would delete my information and cancel the account.

Two weeks later I get charged. I reach out to customer service and they say I CAN'T cancel, even if I disliked the products/experience. I cancelled with PayPal for the next month. No attempt was made by GLOSSYBOX at either encounter to retain or even ask why I wanted to cancel. It's a shame they burned this bridge, because even though I didn't love my last box, I would have picked the service back up when my finances were flush. Now I don't want to deal with them or give any more money. :(

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

It’s October, haven’t received my September box yet. I was charged for October’s box without receiving last months. I’ve called, emailed and even tried chatting with their live agent online. I’m constantly kicked out of the live chat. I’ve received different responses as to why my order hasn’t arrived. I reached out to DHL on my own to track down my package but the tracking number provided wasn’t valid. I wish I never signed up. I wanted to try it. It’s a waste of money, they don’t follow through with their commitments.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I was charged twice back in September for October's box and was charged twice. I still haven't received a refund. Come October 1st they tried charging me again, but thankfully through PayPal I canceled (You cannot cancel on their site) & Then I got a email saying non payment so No box. I emailed yet again & they released. Fast forward to today.. Still no refund & just received this box. They gave me the exact lip gloss I got last month. Anyway, the box sucks, customer service sucks & I will not buy anything from them again. If you do subscribe, Make sure to do so with PayPal so you have a choice to cancel!

Original review: June 2, 2020

I have lost a total of £40 from Glossybox, over an unauthorised subscription. Furthermore, the amount I was charged didn't even match the supposed subscription I had signed up (I had not signed up!) for. Their customer service was dismissive.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Price was too much...for what you get... Not worth the money... The product is not the good either.... Kind of like a me too product. My wife actually returned it because she was so dissatisfied. This sure required a lot of effort.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Beautiful packaging and quality products. The value always exceeded the cost of the individual box. Always feels like a luxury box. Only complaints: too much nail polish and mascara. I wish there was more customization.

GLOSSYBOX author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GLOSSYBOX launched in Germany in 2011 and has since expanded to 10 countries, including the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Subscriptions range from one month up to one year. Consumers receive at least five deluxe- or full-size beauty products of premium or niche brands in keepsake boxes.

• Customized: After subscribing, customers fill out a beauty profile, which influences the brands and products they will receive in their box. They can update their profile as their preferences change.

• Rewards: Customers earn GLOSSYDots for each box they purchase as well as completing surveys, submitting reviews and referring new customers. GLOSSYDots can be used to buy an extra box.

• GLOSSY REPORT: Interested consumers can read about beauty tips and tricks, new products and other related topics on the company’s blog, GLOSSY REPORT.

• Gift subscriptions: Consumers can purchase a gift subscription for their loved-ones. The recipient will be notified via e-mail and can then complete their beauty and style profile. Gifts are available as one-month, three-month, six-month or one-year subscriptions.

• Niche brands: GLOSSYBOX works with companies around the globe to bring new and niche brands to customers. This feature can help consumers discover new brands and products. GLOSSYBOX also works with well-known luxury brands.

GLOSSYBOX Company Information