3.29/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

17 GLOSSYBOX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a 6-month subscription and the Christmas Limited Edition Box for my daughter, because she loves trying new beauty products. Most of the Glossybox trial products are worthwhile, but the shipping process Glossybox implements and their customer service are both HORRIBLE! To make things worse, when you contact their customer service department their reply is more or less - OH WELL, you're locked into the subscription, SO SORRY! I will not order from this vendor again; there are other companies that offer beauty product subscriptions that I can spend my money with.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been receiving GLOSSYBOX and several other beauty subscriptions and had never experienced this before. Being my birthday month, and I don’t do anything for my birthdays, I was especially looking forward to this months box. I should have gotten it by the 13th, so I checked the tracking progress and it stated it was returned. I just got off the phone with customer service and verified my address and they had my zip code wrong. She said it was my fault and they would not be sending me the box, but would give me store credit to purchase something online. How hard is it to resend the box that I paid for? I would even pay extra for the shipping. It is my box I paid for. Bad customer service!! I have been getting the box for some time now and think they would be a little more customer oriented. I may be cancelling, but love their boxes. They just need to learn the customer comes first.

Get expert buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been receiving Glossybox for a while now and belong to a few other subscriptions. This is my birthday month and it is kind of like receiving a present-even though self bought-but I don’t do anything else for birthdays. I should have received my box by the 13th, so when I checked tracking, it said it was returned due to shipping address error. I talked to a representative just now and they had my zip code wrong, so she fixed it, They will not resend the box back to me and I really wanted this month's box. She stated it was my fault and I can use the credit to buy something online :(. I wanted the box. I liked Glossybox before, not happy with them now. I never had a problem before getting any of the beauty boxes from any company until this time. I bought the box, it was sent, what is so hard with sending it back out? They place blame on customers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I would love to review the box, but I never received one!! So I'll review the customer service. Going back to the beginning, I got a credit for a discount on 3 month subscription of GLOSSYBOX and I was so excited to get my first box in. When I received email confirmation it was coming in it had my old billing address as the delivery address. I emailed customer service and pretty much told me they could do nothing since the address was entered wrong. I went that day and changed my address as directed in the FAQ.

Next month comes around and it's a combination of both my old address and new address. I email again and told them. Again they can't do anything about it, even though I went back to my account and only had ONE address in saved addresses, and it was my correct address!! I didn't understand what was happening so I emailed again. I was told again they can't do anything. Then I asked for a refund for the last box and to stop my order and was told they can't give me one. I am beyond upset with how this company works. Every time I had to email I had to create a new email when what I had said previously was not still attached, so it felt as if I was speaking to a thousand different people who could not understand my frustration. BOXYCHARM all day long. They have the best customer service!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Signing up was a very easy process. I just went to the website! I chose GLOSSYBOX because a friend recommended it. I like the wide variety of brands and products. It wasn't just makeup and also included nail stuff. The packaging is super cute too and I like the whole getting to try a bunch of things before choosing or not choosing to buy full-size. There was nothing I disliked about the box. It was alright but I have since looked at other boxes and I am more inclined to subscribe to them. The Sephora box has more products I trust and is cheaper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

There are so many reasons to love my box I get every month and I don't even know where to begin. Like what do you do when you are so very, very, happy. It was from Ipsy and I love it so much. It’s so great and super useful. I always get new makeup brands to try I've never heard of. It’s like 10 bucks a month and it’s super cheap.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I choose Glossybox because of the great variety of makeup products. They carry all the specific brands I use on a daily base! The prices are reasonable and very affordable to me. They offer weekly great deals and sales and most often I found online on certain pages some coupons I can use in this beauty box store! The prices are already very affordable but with the sales and coupons, it's much more fun to spend there a little more money. I really do enjoy this with my spouse to shop there. It's like a little event for us! I really hope and think it will stay like this!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I had been interested in purchasing a monthly makeup subscription. The company my daughter's used seemed to have choices that were too young for me. I looked online after a friend had suggested Glossybox after they started using the service a few months before. She showed me some of the products she has received and I was surprised the sizes were all full size and the product was a better quality. The price of $21 is reasonable made a better deal by the coupon savings of 25% the first 6 months. I find the product a superior one and the monthly box product is worth way more than the price paid. The products are also matched to my coloring and seem greater more to my age group.

The few items I haven't had use for my daughter's were happy to take and they look forward to the monthly boxes more than I do. Although most of the products are closely matched to my coloring I don't care for some products or the colors are not something I would ever wear. So I would like a little bit better control of choosing a different product ahead of time of comparable value that can be chosen prior to monthly order is sent. Otherwise process is pretty simple and a great value. Very pleased with the few I've received and look forward to the next one.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like that I can try new products and I don't have to go to the store to do it. It's really fun idea. I receive all different kinds of cool stuff from makeup to skincare to home items and jewelry and scarfs, just great things I love to use. I like that someone takes the time to hand-pick new and different products just for me. I love the packaging and look forward to getting it in the mail. It's so exciting. But sometimes I don't care for certain items that are sent to me and I feel its a waste of time and money because they just don't work for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Glossybox's beauty box subscription was interesting and good at giving me a great selection of makeup. I love the lip glosses especially because it highlights my light colored lips and the nice rose blush to complement my cheeks. I like that I can have an array of makeup to my choosing especially lip gloss and lipstick. I do like the blush that comes with my box almost monthly; especially the new rose gold makeup that came earlier this month. Also, this beauty box has many features... however I do not like the fact that the shipping is so costly. I would like for the people who made this service to reduce their prices because I for one am not made out of money. If they could even make it a least 20% cheaper then I would be a happier person.

Original review: July 31, 2017

A friend told me how much she loved the samples Glossybox gave and I decided to try them out. I love getting premium examples each month. It is great to try something new and to test out new products before I decide to go out and buy them. But sometimes the colors of the lipsticks are not one I would choose. Even though I filled out a profile of what type of look I was going for, I still get colors that I am not able to wear with my skin tone.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I chose a different box because of the quality of items present versus the price point. I liked that they had brand names in the subscription service, for instance they had too faced. I received varying skin care and beauty products and was satisfied. The one I currently use... I am pretty content with it. It doesn't occur too often, which lets me save up a bit of money for it, which I enjoy. I hope they'd have a bit more consistency, but I like the variance. I would recommend.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I wanted to add another subscription box to my addiction. I heard decent reviews about Glossybox and decided to give it a try. The customer service was very professional. I liked how easy it was to sign up for the box and when signing up they had a beauty profile quiz to feel out each customer. I also liked the beautiful packaging it arrived in.

However, Glossybox definitely did not meet my expectations and I was extremely disappointed. The company seems to focus on skin care more than make up which is not something I was interested in. In my most recent box I received a 2 small samples that were a nail strengthener and a face cleanser, a full size lip liner, and a full size facial cleanser brush. A person interested in makeup shouldn't get a box full of skin care products. Glossybox should make the box more personal to each person's beauty quiz they take when they sign up for the service.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Glossybox had a coupon offer and the various sites that offered reviews on subscription boxes had good things to say about them so I checked them out. The offered description of their sample box looked like it had a good variety of items of varying quality. I enjoyed the size, look, design and sturdiness of the box. The products had a nice range of prices, sizes, brands and colors. You can receive a top line product and an organic product in the same box. But I'd make the box more customizable, and they should offer the ability to decline receiving samples of any kind from certain brands. Glossybox could also offer a section for people who want to browse products with nuances like no animal testing, 5free, vegan, sensitive, etc.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I've watched many Youtube videos of people opening their beauty box and Glossybox looked like the best. I love subscription boxes! I can find new products and see if I like them. Most of the boxes are fun to get! They have things like highlighters, lipsticks, and more and there are so many to choose from! I like the packaging of Glossybox because it's really pretty and girly. It's also so sparkly! But sometimes the beauty box doesn't have great stuff. Also, since the box is for many people sometimes things aren't in my color or don't work with my combination skin. Still, I love this box because it's a good amount of products for not a lot of money. I like how it's a good amount of stuff for almost over $100 each box when the subscription is only $20/month. I would continue using it.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I chose Glossybox because of the pricing and ease of the service. They also provide some of my favorite brands when choosing the right make up for me. I've used them for a while and have been satisfied with the items I receive from this brand. I like the makeup that they send. The samples are high quality and the bags they come in each month are always cute. I have even been able to regift these items on occasion. Sometimes the items they send are small enough that you don't get a proper feel on the product before it's gone. There's not enough content or sample size isn't big enough.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I chose this box based on the variety of products that it offers. I am open to using any type of beauty product including foundation, concealer, bronzer, eye shadow, mascara, highlighter, liquid eye liner, and brow products. I have found my favorite new moisturizer. Thanks to this beauty box. Sometimes I wish I would get a larger variety of items in this box. Like if I received a mascara last month it is a little disappointing to get another one just two months later. It would be cool to personally choose one item that you receive. But I love that all the products are high quality and so far I am satisfied with everything I have received. I am very pleased with the quality and size of the products.

GLOSSYBOX expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GLOSSYBOX launched in Germany in 2011 and has since expanded to 10 countries, including the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Subscriptions range from one month up to one year. Consumers receive at least five deluxe- or full-size beauty products of premium or niche brands in keepsake boxes.

• Customized: After subscribing, customers fill out a beauty profile, which influences the brands and products they will receive in their box. They can update their profile as their preferences change.

• Rewards: Customers earn GLOSSYDots for each box they purchase as well as completing surveys, submitting reviews and referring new customers. GLOSSYDots can be used to buy an extra box.

• GLOSSY REPORT: Interested consumers can read about beauty tips and tricks, new products and other related topics on the company’s blog, GLOSSY REPORT.

• Gift subscriptions: Consumers can purchase a gift subscription for their loved-ones. The recipient will be notified via e-mail and can then complete their beauty and style profile. Gifts are available as one-month, three-month, six-month or one-year subscriptions.

• Niche brands: GLOSSYBOX works with companies around the globe to bring new and niche brands to customers. This feature can help consumers discover new brands and products. GLOSSYBOX also works with well-known luxury brands.

• Best for: GLOSSYBOX has subscriptions boxes for women and is best for selective consumers and makeup lovers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs