4.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 16, 2017

13 GLOSSYBOX Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Signing up was a very easy process. I just went to the website! I chose GLOSSYBOX because a friend recommended it. I like the wide variety of brands and products. It wasn't just makeup and also included nail stuff. The packaging is super cute too and I like the whole getting to try a bunch of things before choosing or not choosing to buy full-size. There was nothing I disliked about the box. It was alright but I have since looked at other boxes and I am more inclined to subscribe to them. The Sephora box has more products I trust and is cheaper.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

There are so many reasons to love my box I get every month and I don't even know where to begin. Like what do you do when you are so very, very, happy. It was from Ipsy and I love it so much. It’s so great and super useful. I always get new makeup brands to try I've never heard of. It’s like 10 bucks a month and it’s super cheap.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I choose Glossybox because of the great variety of makeup products. They carry all the specific brands I use on a daily base! The prices are reasonable and very affordable to me. They offer weekly great deals and sales and most often I found online on certain pages some coupons I can use in this beauty box store! The prices are already very affordable but with the sales and coupons, it's much more fun to spend there a little more money. I really do enjoy this with my spouse to shop there. It's like a little event for us! I really hope and think it will stay like this!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I had been interested in purchasing a monthly makeup subscription. The company my daughter's used seemed to have choices that were too young for me. I looked online after a friend had suggested Glossybox after they started using the service a few months before. She showed me some of the products she has received and I was surprised the sizes were all full size and the product was a better quality. The price of $21 is reasonable made a better deal by the coupon savings of 25% the first 6 months. I find the product a superior one and the monthly box product is worth way more than the price paid. The products are also matched to my coloring and seem greater more to my age group.

The few items I haven't had use for my daughter's were happy to take and they look forward to the monthly boxes more than I do. Although most of the products are closely matched to my coloring I don't care for some products or the colors are not something I would ever wear. So I would like a little bit better control of choosing a different product ahead of time of comparable value that can be chosen prior to monthly order is sent. Otherwise process is pretty simple and a great value. Very pleased with the few I've received and look forward to the next one.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I like that I can try new products and I don't have to go to the store to do it. It's really fun idea. I receive all different kinds of cool stuff from makeup to skincare to home items and jewelry and scarfs, just great things I love to use. I like that someone takes the time to hand-pick new and different products just for me. I love the packaging and look forward to getting it in the mail. It's so exciting. But sometimes I don't care for certain items that are sent to me and I feel its a waste of time and money because they just don't work for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GLOSSYBOX?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Glossybox's beauty box subscription was interesting and good at giving me a great selection of makeup. I love the lip glosses especially because it highlights my light colored lips and the nice rose blush to complement my cheeks. I like that I can have an array of makeup to my choosing especially lip gloss and lipstick. I do like the blush that comes with my box almost monthly; especially the new rose gold makeup that came earlier this month. Also, this beauty box has many features... however I do not like the fact that the shipping is so costly. I would like for the people who made this service to reduce their prices because I for one am not made out of money. If they could even make it a least 20% cheaper then I would be a happier person.

Original review: July 31, 2017

A friend told me how much she loved the samples Glossybox gave and I decided to try them out. I love getting premium examples each month. It is great to try something new and to test out new products before I decide to go out and buy them. But sometimes the colors of the lipsticks are not one I would choose. Even though I filled out a profile of what type of look I was going for, I still get colors that I am not able to wear with my skin tone.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I chose a different box because of the quality of items present versus the price point. I liked that they had brand names in the subscription service, for instance they had too faced. I received varying skin care and beauty products and was satisfied. The one I currently use... I am pretty content with it. It doesn't occur too often, which lets me save up a bit of money for it, which I enjoy. I hope they'd have a bit more consistency, but I like the variance. I would recommend.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I wanted to add another subscription box to my addiction. I heard decent reviews about Glossybox and decided to give it a try. The customer service was very professional. I liked how easy it was to sign up for the box and when signing up they had a beauty profile quiz to feel out each customer. I also liked the beautiful packaging it arrived in.

However, Glossybox definitely did not meet my expectations and I was extremely disappointed. The company seems to focus on skin care more than make up which is not something I was interested in. In my most recent box I received a 2 small samples that were a nail strengthener and a face cleanser, a full size lip liner, and a full size facial cleanser brush. A person interested in makeup shouldn't get a box full of skin care products. Glossybox should make the box more personal to each person's beauty quiz they take when they sign up for the service.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Glossybox had a coupon offer and the various sites that offered reviews on subscription boxes had good things to say about them so I checked them out. The offered description of their sample box looked like it had a good variety of items of varying quality. I enjoyed the size, look, design and sturdiness of the box. The products had a nice range of prices, sizes, brands and colors. You can receive a top line product and an organic product in the same box. But I'd make the box more customizable, and they should offer the ability to decline receiving samples of any kind from certain brands. Glossybox could also offer a section for people who want to browse products with nuances like no animal testing, 5free, vegan, sensitive, etc.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I've watched many Youtube videos of people opening their beauty box and Glossybox looked like the best. I love subscription boxes! I can find new products and see if I like them. Most of the boxes are fun to get! they have things like highlighters, lipsticks, and more and there are so many to choose from! I like the packaging of Glossybox because it's really pretty and girly. It's also so sparkly! But sometimes the beauty box doesn't have great stuff. Also, since the box is for many people sometimes things aren't in my color or don't work with my combination skin. Still, I love this box because it's a good amount of products for not a lot of money. I like how it's a good amount of stuff for almost over $100 each box when the subscription is only $20/month. I would continue using it.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I chose Glossybox because of the pricing and ease of the service. They also provide some of my favorite brands when choosing the right make up for me. I've used them for a while and have been satisfied with the items I receive from this brand. I like the makeup that they send. The samples are high quality and the bags they come in each month are always cute. I have even been able to regift these items on occasion. Sometimes the items they send are small enough that you don't get a proper feel on the product before it's gone. There's not enough content or sample size isn't big enough.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I chose this box based on the variety of products that it offers. I am open to using any type of beauty product including foundation, concealer, bronzer, eye shadow, mascara, highlighter, liquid eye liner, and brow products. I have found my favorite new moisturizer. Thanks to this beauty box. Sometimes I wish I would get a larger variety of items in this box. Like if I received a mascara last month it is a little disappointing to get another one just two months later. It would be cool to personally choose one item that you receive. But I love that all the products are high quality and so far I am satisfied with everything I have received. I am very pleased with the quality and size of the products.

GLOSSYBOX expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GLOSSYBOX launched in Germany in 2011 and has since expanded to 10 countries, including the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Subscriptions range from one month up to one year. Consumers receive at least five deluxe- or full-size beauty products of premium or niche brands in keepsake boxes.

• Customized: After subscribing, customers fill out a beauty profile, which influences the brands and products they will receive in their box. They can update their profile as their preferences change.

• Rewards: Customers earn GLOSSYDots for each box they purchase as well as completing surveys, submitting reviews and referring new customers. GLOSSYDots can be used to buy an extra box.

• GLOSSY REPORT: Interested consumers can read about beauty tips and tricks, new products and other related topics on the company’s blog, GLOSSY REPORT.

• Gift subscriptions: Consumers can purchase a gift subscription for their loved-ones. The recipient will be notified via e-mail and can then complete their beauty and style profile. Gifts are available as one-month, three-month, six-month or one-year subscriptions.

• Niche brands: GLOSSYBOX works with companies around the globe to bring new and niche brands to customers. This feature can help consumers discover new brands and products. GLOSSYBOX also works with well-known luxury brands.

• Best for: GLOSSYBOX has subscriptions boxes for women and is best for selective consumers and makeup lovers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs