1.28/5

220 Gevalia Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2019

Purchased 3 packages of the 18 count K-cup Gevalia Colombian coffee at the neighborhood Walmart store in Papillion, NE. Brought them home with other groceries and noticed a small ant crawling on the coffee package. My wife opened the package to place the coffee in the K-cup container and saw a dozen or more ants inside the package which she brought over to the sink and washed them down the drain. She opened the other packages and found more ants which she again washed them down the drain.

Opened a few sealed pods and didn't see any dead ants therefore presumed the coffee was not contaminated only the packaging. Notified Walmart and they told me that it was a fresh shipment and the shelves were stocked that morning. I tried to call Gevalia customer service without success and emailed them about my discovery without any response from them. From some of the complaints that I have read, they must keep their coffee in their warehouses for a long time before shipping. Again, the coffee pods were sealed and did not appear to be contaminated after a very close examination.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Long time customer but it seems they have gone offline. No response to email. Can't get anyone to answer the phone. My last scheduled coffee shipment didn't come on time. Website horrible. Can't navigate to an answer. They might as well not even exist...Maybe they don't anymore. I'm done.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I placed an order for the first time on 1/29/2019. Excited to get my first shipment, I waited and waited. A week later, I checked the site and it showed that it was at the warehouse still. I called customer service to cancel the order - taking too long and I don't want it anymore. Well I got "educated" on the time of day that I place the order didn't count, so the next day was the first day and then the weekend doesn't count so really it has only been 4 days and if I had read the website it states 3-5 days for processing and up to 2 weeks to receive. And I was told I could not cancel the order as it already has a "shipping number".

That doesn't mean it shipped, it just has an assigned number which means you can't. What was supposed to be an exciting coffee experience turned into a I can never drink this coffee without thinking of the nasty customer service rep that was totally unwilling to help or offer solutions. I will NEVER order from Gevalia or purchase Gevalia coffee anywhere again. From all the other reviews, it sounds like they are struggling.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I am a long term customer of Tassimo which was purchased by Gevalia. I placed an order on Sunday and was attempting to see the cost for 2 day shipping. It instead placed the order 2 day without any review of cost. "No problem," I thought. They were closed so I sent request to change to the free shipping within 15 minutes. Monday AM I was told sorry they already processed. This was shortly after they opened. I then said cancel. Again, sorry. The worst customer service ever. No wonder it is getting almost impossible to find Tassimos in the US. I am in sales and we would be out of business if we treated our customers that way. Buy another brewer. This is my last Tassimo and I have had them for 15 years.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I have had a subscription with Gevalia for a few years. I get a shipment of Gevalia Coffee pods for my Tassimo brewer every 3 weeks. My last shipment was shipped on November 11th. My next shipment was supposed to ship on November 28th. On December 7th, I went online to check on my shipment and it said the order was “in the warehouse”. When I checked back on December 26th it still said “in the warehouse”. I sent an email inquiring about my order. No response. December 18th, same thing. I sent another email. No response.

So I called. Told the story to 3 different people, waiting on hold between each person for about 10 minutes. The bottom line was they were out of stock for the item I was supposed to get. I asked why I wasn’t notified and given the choice of ordering a substitute product and got no answer. I said, well, I’d like to change it now since they didn’t know when it would be back in stock. I was told that you can’t change an order once it’s “in the warehouse”. I said that‘s ridiculous. You don’t have the product, but I can’t change it. So, I was asked if I wanted to speak to a supervisor and I said that I did. After waiting on hold for at least another 10 minutes, I was told that no one was available, so I hung up and canceled my subscription. I ended up ordering the same Gevalia product from Amazon and got it the next day for less money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gevalia?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been a Gevalia customer for many years but it is NOT the same company it used to be so beware! Here's why - Recently I wanted to change my auto delivery date - that's all, I wanted to go from receiving my coffee every two weeks to once a month. It's been a nightmare. Here's why - Customer service is NON-EXISTENT! The phone number listed is a joke! They no longer have anybody there to answer their phones, EVER! I have tried to call many times, even sat on hold for over 30 minutes, NO ONE IS THERE! It is a JOKE! I tried to log in to change my auto-ship delivery - it won't let you! The bank told me the only way to stop Gevalia from billing me every two weeks was to cancel my existing debit card and get a new card! Which I did. Gevalia I hope you are listening because your company is not what it used to be. Your greed will also be your demise.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

A customer since the early 90s. My motor ran on Stockholm Roast. After the Kraft takeover, varietals, roasts, and product lines were generally thinned out. And the quality seemed to fall off. Finally they got rid of Stockholm Roast and ended online banking payment - and I got rid of Gevalia. Always happens like that when good smaller companies get bought up - when B&M/Underwood was conglomerated, most of their different beans got dumped. Now if I want yellow-eyes, I have to grow them!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I have been a customer for many, many years. Last year I auto-subscribed. When I tried to change the frequency of delivery, the website wouldn't let me do that. I tried lots of different things and then decided I would cancel because I was stacked up with coffee. But, the website also wouldn't let me cancel. At the same time I got a new credit card - same number but new expiration date and CVC code. So, my auto-ship order would not process. Great.

Finally a way to end it - they had no way to bill it! I got notices every month for nearly a year saying my order could not be processed and prompting me to update my credit card info. This month out of nowhere I get a notice saying my order has shipped! I don't know how they were able to do that without the correct expiration date on the card! I contacted them immediately through their website with no response.

When the order came yesterday I called them and the message said there was a wait time of over 30 minutes!! Um, no. I'm not waiting on the phone for over 30 minutes. The website is still broken. I couldn't log in and the site wouldn't email me a link to change the password. Doing from another place on the site did accomplish that but, once in my account, it would not let me see my payment info or make any changes to my account in any way, including canceling the auto-subscription. I sent more messages, including one with a screenshot of what I could see of my account info being grayed out and unaccessible. That one was responded to today and they said they cancelled the subscription. We'll see. I'm just appalled at the non-functionality of the website, lack of access to payment info on my account, absurd wait time on the phone, and the fact that they would and could charge an expired card! I am so over you, Gevalia!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have ordered coffee from them with free shipping for more than a decade. Last year, Kraft/Heinz took Gevalia over and now the free shipping is not automatic. I get an email with a bill when a shipment is ready, I have to call in and go through a long list of prompts and wait time, and then finally Customer Service removes the shipping charge from the bill or puts a credit on the next order. This has happened four times and I am always told the system is fixed.

Today I received an email to check my order and I called immediately to change something. I was told no changes can be made, the order is already packaged up. Why send an e-mail with info for customer service if there is nothing that can be done? Again the shipping is on the bill. Carol, the agent I spoke with, told me she cannot transfer me to a supervisor or administrator. I called back, went through the prompts and wound up talking with her again. I closed my account with them, as have many of my friends, because although the coffee is fabulous, the hassles one needs to endure every month is just not worth it.

Original review: May 16, 2018

So we used to get our Tassimo Coffee from Staples, however, Staples started to not be able to deliver the Tassimo coffees for months, so my company decided to order it straight from the Gevalia website, well, what a night mare has that been!! Our very first order, we kept waiting for it, when we logged into the account day after day, it just said "in review"... After a WEEK of the order being in review I called and spoke to the person who claimed to be the manager, Chloe. Chloe told me that it was "in review" because they did not have a coffee from our order and they were waiting to get it back in stock. I told her THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, she stated they sent an e-mail to inform us, but no... they never did. I assured her that if such e-mail would have ever been received, we would have either cancelled that specific item, or would have replaced it with something else.

Chloe helped me cancel that item and shipped out what they did have... so fine... HOWEVER!!! We keep having the SAME ISSUES!!! On the second order, we just waited it out but now on our third order, again! It's in "review" for a week!! So again I call their customer service, except, this time "no one knows that it's been in review for a week"... really??? The agent has changed it to pending because the items are in stock, but again, no one knows what is going on.

When I asked the rep how long it will take, she said, "Items usually stay pending for 3-5 days, but I've seen them pend for 48hr the shortest"... then THE ITEM TAKES ABOUT A WEEK TO ARRIVE!!! This is complete unacceptable. I will be speaking with my co-workers to change our machine out for a Keurig and get our coffee elsewhere, because this has been a nightmare. Now I know why Staples can't ship them out either, they clearly have to wait MONTHS for their orders. Unacceptable, super disappointed.

Gevalia Company Information