3.5/5 (912 ratings)

About Etsy

Etsy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Etsy?

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Be prepared for dealing with shop owners who do this as a hobby or sideline to their regular jobs. Don't expect anything you order to be shipped right away and if it arrives late or wrong, prepare for snotty attitudes from the owners. They are vague on what country they are shipping from as well. You think it's coming from the USA but in reality, it's from another country. These owners lie with their names. They claim they are an American, but they are actually Chinese. HORRIBLE customer service as well. Merchandise you receive is subpar and something I could have made on my own for far less. Prices are misrepresented as well.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Defective product. The flute longest pipe hole bore is OVAL. Should be cylindric. Testing this instrument was not done by the manufacturing company. After 5 Emails to support Etsy still no resolution yet. Emailed also ANGELA **. She is talking about time frame is expired. OK. What about selling Junk on etsy website. This is clearly stealing money, sending defective products to unsuspecting consumer. Should not be time frame on this issue. ETSY absolutely not interested answering to my e mails. NOT RIGHT!!! ETSY..My personal opinion to others, do not order from peruvianthings, using ETSY website. DO NOT CARE about 100% reality with my case. Thanks Laszlo

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I placed an order for a band 10/21/2022. I was told it would come no later than 11/4/2022. It did not. I contacted Nickston, the seller who checked that my address was correct. It was. The package did not move from its original pick up spot with the USPS. Nickston blamed them for the problem. Finally after waiting until 11/10/2022 for Nickston and the USPS to locate the package, they decided to send it back to Etsy. To make matters worse, this vendor won't credit my account until the package gets returned.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Etsy closed my shop after I refused to accept an unwarranted $1200 charge back to my account. As this was all going down, I had evacuated to Savannah, Georgia due to a mandatory evacuation directive in anticipation of Hurricane Ian. Etsy closed my shop the day I returned home. If you think you have any control over your own Etsy shop, you are dead wrong. Etsy can and will close your shop over any infraction they see as viable. Your photos, item descriptions and reviews belong to Etsy, once they shut you down there is no access to any of your hard-earned work.

So, when you hear, read and see "good will" Etsy stories, take a closer look. Josh Silverman's business plan, initiatives, and revelations have ruined Etsy. From Vox: "Was Etsy too good to be true?" The people who built Etsy dreamed of remaking commerce with their bare hands. Fifteen years later, its sellers are being asked to compete with Amazon." It isn't pretty. So, when you hear another horror story that Etsy sellers share, believe them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

Tried repeatedly to change my email address. But they just give a message saying that my email address doesn’t match and you can’t contact them for assistance. Then I tried to change my banking information. And you can’t do something as simple as that and once again there isn’t anyway to get any type of support.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

Updated on 10/29/2022: I wrote my first review on October 22. Etsy Support continues to ignore my complaints. I still cannot verify or update the account number that they have been depositing into. Not only that, Plaid verified my account on Venmo, so why not on Etsy? They say I have 14 days to verify with Plaid, so obviously Plaid is not in effect now. There is no reason that they are holding up my funds. Etsy says that I can use the Manual Option on Plaid. There is no Manual Option on the Plaid verification box.

I contacted Etsy Support. No response. I also tried to contact Plaid, but got the same computer-generated response. Again, neither have a Customer Support phone number, so I am helpless. I have read a few articles online that have addressed the "glitch" that Plaid has on Etsy if there is one. I do list my designs on eBay and I am very happy with their service. I get paid as soon as I ship. Unfortunately, I had to delete my listings on Etsy and cannot list anymore because I won't get paid.

Original Review: I have been a seller on Etsy for about a year. I sell my designs on a store I created. Up until now, my sales have been direct deposited in my verified bank account. I am supposed to be paid daily, but it has been well over a month that $124.68 have been deposited. They are moving to Plaid, a third party app. That will take over payments in about 20 days. I have tried to verify my account, but Plaid claims that my account number does not match. I tried to update my account with Etsy (even though they Etsy has verified my account and has direct deposited funds in my account) which claims that my account number does not match theirs and I cannot update my account.

Etsy has no customer support phone number. I have contacted their online customer support, but continue to get instructions on how to verify my account. There is no manual way to verify an account on Plaid. I have gone on Plaid's website and get the same runaround. I have pulled my listings on Etsy, but have kept my store open until I get paid. There are several other vendors who have complained about this bogus verification.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I've been flagged for a violation that is not a violation but an error and something most like picked up by their bots. Customer Service will not take care of this but sends the message to Trust & Safety and they send out a canned bot email back. No way to talk to anyone in that department without a lawyer. They have held a percentage of my earning for this too. Crappy management has moved in at Etsy. Time to open my own shop.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I registered to be a seller on Etsy. First, they ask you to fill up every information required including creating a listing. Then you are asked to link your payment account. The moment you do that $1 is charged to your account and in the next 30 secs your account is suspended. They will not give you any reason for the same. Then starts the horrifying experience of getting in touch with them for the reason of suspension which will never come. Meanwhile, they have already charged you $0.20 for the first listing which will never see the light of day. Now if you want to close the account and delink your payment account they will ask you to clear 0.20 cents for the listing which was not listed as they have already suspended your account before final registration for no reason whatsoever. So if you are from India and planning to sell on Etsy be careful.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Whomever was communicating with me utilized surprisingly poor communication technique. They were not only very slow filling a very simple order of about $150 worth of hardware they decided to refund the money after brief dialogue and refused to continue communication. My son is a Navy Officer Medical Corpsman. He tells me he has to personally deal with young people who do not get accepted into more difficult courses. He says the suicide rate is rather prevalent. When a candidate "washes" out of a preferred course selection they go commit suicide. Which of course is tragic. He states emotional weakness is what drives this. Our planet is full of emotionally weak people. This is about all most of experience any more conducting consumer transaction.

I attempted to explain to whomever was communicating with me that I could not really understand their half hearted efforts to which they excused themselves stating they were in a rush. Well that is a common excuse many use now days to refrain from providing real customer service. After a few attempts to get the individual to clarify poor effort that person just refunded my money forcing me to return search for the birthday gift I was attempting to buy for my Fiancé. I even explained that and the individual did not care that now the gift effort I was attempting to make in a timely manner now was not only going to be late, it was now not getting sent at all. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I ordered two products from a seller in July. The shipping date was to be in September. Up until shipping, the seller’s communication was great. Then when she sent me tracking information, the package was languishing in pre-transit status for 2 weeks. When I asked her about it, she said she would call the post office. I don’t know about your area, but our post office wouldn’t be much help over the phone so I asked her to send me a copy of the shipping receipt. Wouldn’t you know she stopped communicating?

So I opened a case with Etsy stating that my desired resolution would be to receive replacement items or proof that the originals had really been shipped. Instead, Etsy immediately refunded my money, ensuring the seller that they were covering it for her and not taking it out of her funds. Clearly, she never shipped it or she’d be outraged. So now here I am, back at square one after wasting 2.5 months on her making items that I don’t have enough time to order from anyone else. And what is ridiculous is in the meantime, her store says the items are “in stock” and she is running sales. Apparently, Etsy sellers are under no obligation to communicate with their buyers and the buyers are the ones that are penalized. Never. Again.

Etsy Company Information