2. E-Cigarettes

1.1/5 (128 ratings)

About e-cig.com

e-cig.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about e-cig.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about e-cig.com?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2014

E-cig.com seems to be a scam. They don't send orders out, they don't pay any affiliate payments, they just take your money. If you have placed an order with this company and used PayPal for payment you may want to consider a PayPal claim before you lose your money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2014

E-cig charges $86 for liquid and shipping, in June and I am still waiting for my order or a refund -- they charged my card without sending anything!! I'm not sure they even exist any more -- they keep replying to my email, but no explanation just sorry we'll express mail that as soon as possible. I do not think these people should be trusted -- or else they have no work ethic!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2014

I placed an order July 19, with e-cig.com. I have not received my order yet (as of Aug.8). I have since learned that my order is supposedly being ship from China. I am beginning to wonder if I will receive my order this year. I strongly recommend not to place any orders with E-Cig.com....

Original review: July 22, 2014

Purchased e-liquid flavors from e-cig.com. I'm 48 and have smoked marijuana since the age of 15. Their marijuana flavor doesn't taste like any marijuana I have ever smoked and I've smoked a hell of a lot in my time. Their butterscotch flavor is foul! Nothing like butterscotch at all. Absolute rubbish!

Original review: June 22, 2014

I was online one day when a ad popped up on ecigs and how just for 4.95 shipping and handling I could get a starter set for free! In the disclaimer it states if I'm not satisfied and return the kit within 15 to 30 days, I would be refunded the shipping and handling! Well I called the 1877 number to immediately cancel cause I then read how they would be charging me 100 dollars for the kit, then 40 dollars a month after and how I'm now signed up for a membership. Well nevertheless the customer service rep over the phone then told me that my account doesn't even show yet (keep in mind within 5 minutes of ordering I called to cancel) and that I would have to give it an hour then call back, which not knowing myself at the time but they knew full well that they would be closed in a hour!

Called back the next day, I even wrote on the package of the kit I received "RETURN TO SENDER" in red marker, never even opened package!! Long story the disclaimer clearly states that I would be refunded the shipping and any other costs accumulated which they still have not done. The rep on the phone keeps trying to dance around my questions and tries to reassure me "don't worry account is closed." GOOD BUT I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! Thank god I stopped payment to this company who after receiving my returned kit tried still charging 49 dollars but were rejected. HA HA!!! DON'T FALL FOR THIS EVIL SCAM.

Original review: June 14, 2014

My dad filled out a survey from this company, and it gave him a free cigarette as a trial product. He only has to pay 10 bucks for the shipping. Around a few weeks later, they mailed him 2 nicotine cartridges that cost up to 100 bucks which he DID NOT order at all. Customer service was a pain to get through but we kept on calling them because we were furious. And once they answer, they kept offering us lower prices for their products, and threatening us that we're going to get lung cancer and die if we don't keep buying their products. This company is a joke and it's 100% overpriced scam. Please be aware people.

Original review: June 3, 2014

I too got sucked into doing some survey on the FoodNetwork.com website. Ordered the starter kit for $4.95 as a THANK YOU for taking the time to fill out their survey ! Did not like it and forgot about it until the shipments of cartridges started showing up. According the info included with the starter kit, the customer was suppose to try the e-cig and then determine how many cartridges they would need, and what strength of nicotine. Apparently, THEY decide what you need and charge you outrageous prices. After 2 months of getting charged for cartridges I did not want, I finally got thru to their customer service and after telling the "customer rep" repeatedly to stop all shipments, I finally got him to understand I would not pay any more charges. He kept coming up with "How about we only charge you $19.95" and I kept saying "NO", did he finally agree to discontinue shipments and would post a confirmation on my email.

That has not happened and guess what, more cartridges showed up!!! I immediately called them again and they admitted that I had cancelled with them a week ago. After plea bargaining with them, I have been assured I will not receive anymore cartridges. I told them I will contest any charges from their company on my credit card bill, so they are forewarned. We will see. I am disgusted that the FoodNetwork is involved with working along with such a deceitful company. Shame on them!!

Original review: May 23, 2014

I had answered a customer survey and forget who it was for but was offered a choice of prizes for taking the survey of which one was a free starter kit for e-cigs. I chose it and was contacted and they sent it out and had to give credit card for shipping. Then about 3 weeks to a month later, I'm being charged 97 dollars or so for e-cigs and called them. I was supposed to have called them in so many days to cancel but I didn't know that I had the free starter kit and was thinking they were selling me another one and at that price is outrageous since I got a much better quality vapor shark for far less. They said it was more cartridges and I was supposed to get a 500 dollar Walmart gift card which never got. They processed the refund after saying I had to call back before the end of the month to "think about it". Now I'm getting magazines that I never ordered and had to go through the same crap to get that straightened out.

Stay away from E-CIGS, big ripoff once they get your credit card number. They keep using it and tell you that you did it and you have to pay their call back to cancel in a certain amount of time. I wish I could remember what customer service survey, it was so I could go back to them and let them know what a lousy experience they gave me.

Original review: May 12, 2014

I was on Amazon and had some sort of survey pop up. It said that if I completed, I would get a gift. I know, stupid me. It really looked affiliated with Amazon! Anyway, the "gift" was a starter e-cig packet for $4.95. I have family members who smoke so I thought that since it was cheap, I'd get and give to them. It came in the mail quickly and I put it to the side until I could give to my family.

A few weeks later, I get confirmation of an order I didn't place. No order amount. I called support and was informed that I had been billed $99.00 for two refills! I couldn't believe it and asked how they could do that. Apparently in their terms and conditions if you do not respond to them within 15 days, they go ahead and send out another order. I was outraged. I asked how I could send EVERYTHING back then the support person offered to $80.04 if I kept everything, basically charging me $19.99 for the two refills. She said she canceled my account and it would take 5-10 business days for the money to be refunded.

Original review: April 24, 2014

Warning for ego electronic users. Two batteries overheated and I needed a towel to unplug from the charger. The button on the batteries melted. If left unnoticed, no doubt would have caused a fire.

Original review: April 8, 2014

I use to use the e-cig till I found out that it was the main cause of a sinus infection I had. It also made me nauseous and notice my blood pressure go up. I have an older brother that started using one and he constantly has to have that thing in his hand. Now, he's constantly puffing on that thing till the room fills up with what looks like smoke. I thought these things were suppose to be invisible and odorless. Not true anymore since they started making those things that look more like a bong! The odor of these things after it has been exhaled is even hard for me to take in. I have to have a fan pointed at the back of my recliner to keep those fumes from going in my respiratory system.

I do smoke cigarettes and have been trying to quit for years and will continue to work on that. But as I watch him and because of the cost being cheaper, I'm sure he smokes the equivalent 2 packs just from 6pm to 1am, (7hrs). I'm not sure of the math but It looks like he takes a very large hit off that thing about every 2 mins. I am sure about the 2 mins because I've timed him on that, but he don't know it. Sometimes I'm awakened at night because of him filling the house up with that invisible odorless cloudy looking stuff. The one thing I did realize was how much the smoke off my cigarettes must have been driving people absolutely nuts!!! Rate this product a 0.

Original review: April 2, 2014

On Sept. 3 2013, I responded to an ad online about a free e-cig. All I had to do is pay $4.95 shipping cost. I said ok and gave them my debit card number to cover cost of shipping, good done........so I thought .....A couple of months later I receive a package in the mail with two (2) 5 pack of cartomizers which I did not order then the next month another package of same came. Did not want these. Tried contacting whatever the company name is. All I had was a phone number and got nowhere with whomever I talked to. So went to bank and stopped further payments. They are big scam artists, whatever name this or these companies use Smoke51/Lux or Emerald-Lux-E-Cig. I don't know what company I dealt with. They have to be stopped!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2014

Ordered Starter kit accidentally with the following as my invoice:

1 1x E-Cigarette Starter Kit - Tobacco Flavor 1/13/2014 5.95 5.95

1 1x E-Cigarette Car Charger + 1x E-Cigarette Wall Charger 1/13/2014 9.99 0 9.99

Was trying to order starter kit from V-2 Cigs but somehow E-Cigs web came up and I ordered wrong kit. I tried the starter kit anyway, but it was disgusting. Called for RMA and sent product back. 6 weeks later I still have not received credit on my card. I called and the guy said he would give me credit for 9.99. He said the 5.95 was shipping charges and would not be refunded. On the invoice (see above) the 5.95 has nothing to do with shipping. I went to the E-Cig website and they advertise free shipping. Don't do business with this company

Original review: March 2, 2014

E-Cigs advertised on the front page of yahoo.co.uk in 2012 offering a free trial of their product. They asked for bank details so as to identify the customer although no charge would be made. In March 2012 an e-cig packet arrived with a USB charger, 1 x battery and two cartridges. I tried these and thought they were absolutely disgusting and thought no more of it as I would certainly wouldn't be using their cartridges again.

Two weeks later, on the 10/4/2012, I received 100 strong cartridges even though I had not requested them and then noted they had charged my account to the tune of £73.88. On receipt of this, I immediately telephoned them and said that these had not been ordered and to send out an order and charge my bank account without my permission actuated fraud. They said how sorry they were and gave me a return code to a warehouse in the Netherlands although they had a UK address on the order letter that came with the un-ordered cartridges.

On correctly inserting and writing the return code on the inside and outside of the box along with address to the returns warehouse in the Netherlands, I looked forward to receiving my hard earned money back into my account. I had to go to South East Asia on Business and promptly forgot about them presuming they had returned what they owed and that would have been the end of it.

Well just last month whilst going over my accounts for my annual tax submission, I noted they had not refunded my account as arranged and as promised. By this time it was too late for my bank to be able to help but I telephoned them to see why they hadn't done as they had said they would. They then used a ** and bull story that they had never received the returned item which had cost me a further £9.00 to send to the Netherlands. They made out that the problem was with me and whether I had the return code to which I replied that you have it as it is written all over the parcel you asked me to post back. I have subsequently been on to Trading Standards but they are so inundated I haven't yet been able to put a case to them yet, but I will persevere.

They are a dishonest company that I am very surprised to still see trading and they have to be brought to ahead sooner rather than later. They have stolen from me and with their disjointed operations such as HQ in Michigan, an English addressed notepaper with the cartridges that were unrequested and a distribution warehouse in the Netherlands. It is meant to be an operation that works against the customer but is very efficient in accessing their banking details.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2014

My husband signed up online with an advertisement 4.95 to try and review product. We were charged 2 69.72 fees on our credit card. When we realized what happened we called to cancel. However they would not reverse charge and said they sent a letter disclosing changes membership fee. They never sent anything except e-cigarette. Very unethical. I did get cancelled from future deliveries.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2013

There was an online advertisement for a $4.95 trial. I read as much as I could find and could not see any subscription information in the ad. Apparently when these arrived, they came with subscription information saying that if I did not reply within 14 days of the purchase date, that I would be charged $105. The supplies showed up 17 days past the purchase date. I read the paperwork and called immediately to get a refund and they refuse a refund because I did not call them back about the contract that they said they sent me on the purchase date. I checked my email to see what I had received and there was no information in the email leading me to want to call them.

This was their email to me on the purchase date: "Thank you for placing your recent order for the Electronic Cigarette trial. Order Information: Date: 12/2/2013; Order Number: **; Order Details: Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit. Please allow 3-5 days for Standard shipping. If you have any questions regarding your order, please call us at 1-877-766-5306. Please be sure to reference your user name and/or order number when contacting us. Hours of operation: Mon-Fri. 9am-6pm Eastern/Standard Time. Again, thank you for placing your order for the electronic cigarette. We know you are going to be amazed how incredible this product is. Best of Health." They finally offered me a partial refund of $40 but require me to stay active with them for 30 days.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2013

I got the starter kit and know after the fifteen days, you can't cancel. Their website sends me to the place to get another starter kit.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2013

I bought from the USA e-liq.com not knowing it was part of the e-cig.com company. DO NOT BUY THEIR E-LIQUIDS. THEY TASTE LIKE PERFUME AND MEDICAL HAND-SOAP!!!!! I called telling them as soon as I got it. I filled new tanks, never used with new atomizer to get the real fresh taste in it and OMG it tasted like perfume. None of the 8 fruity flavors I got tasted anything like the fruit. The customer service was even worse with the manager raising her voice at me!!!!

Original review: July 29, 2013

I signed up for a "free" trial pack of the e-Ciggs with my cost being shipping and handling and I received two boxes of 5 cartridges. The next month I received 2 more boxes of cartridges. I never did receive the battery part of the e-Cigg or the kit which makes the cartridges useless. I wasn't concerned at first because I did not see any charges on my Credit Card. I don't always look at all the charges on my Credit Card so I did not notice the $83.89 dollars that was charged to my card each month after I stopped looking for that particular charge until I caught it today. I tried to call them and of course couldn't get through. When I called my bank to dispute the charges the bank was able to get through to them. Apparently somewhere in the form that I filled out, it stated that I would receive and be billed monthly unless canceled within 7 days (although I still haven't seen a copy of my agreeing to it) and I was looking for something like that.

I am stuck for $415.00 dollars worth of charges because they refuse to credit back my money and what's even worse is that I never did receive all the items they say that they sent to me. I'm just sick over this. It's partly my fault for just paying my CC bill and not checking every item but all in all this is quite a scam and I am always on guard for these tricky kinds of offers. They fooled me good they got my money and didn't provide the items stated. E-ciggs finally agreed to refund $41.00 (1/2 month) and cancel any future billings. They are very unhelpful and I would not recommend doing business with them. The total amount that other companies charge for 1 box of cartridges is $5.00 per box. E-cigg charges $41.00 for 1 box.

Original review: July 28, 2013

Looked at the free starter kit online and half way though closed out of the web page. Later was contacted by phone and after the lady explained I would be auto billed I said no thanks but she kept trying to sell me. I told her no thanks 3 or 4 times then just hung up on her. Today I got the starter kit in the mail and was billed the shipping even after saying I did not want it.

I called and spoke to 3 people who said the shipping was non refundable so I told them close my account and their reply was as long as I have it go and try it and the more I complained that I never ordered it the more they tried to sell me. I am going to the bank in the morning and disputing the charge along with changing my account number. This company is a rip off scam and don't even waste your time trying to talk to these frauds, it’s a waste of breath! I have not been this pissed off in a long time!

Original review: July 19, 2013

My husband got their original sample for a S&H charge and now they keep charging my account for $80. Tried to talk to someone and could NOT understand her and she would not give us to someone else. I finally got the return address and she continued to try to sell me the cigarette. 45 min on the phone trying to resolve this. They also did no good for my husband. Frustrated. Still don't know if we are out the money. I will notify my bank.

Original review: July 15, 2013

My experience so far has been very similar except the single phone number I have is useless. Which number did you use to actually be able to talk with someone? Thanks for your ms.

Original review: July 2, 2013

Excessive $109 + charge for unwanted poor product - I called about this charge; they said I had 14 days to try product. Their 14 days started from the minute free tryout was ordered not the 5 days later when it was received, so over 1/3 of the free tryout was expired before product was received. I called the company and received a runaround about the 14 days, basically my problem. I tried to go up the food chain and listened again to the canned answers. Finally they agreed to refund me $40.00 of the $109 then hung up. 15 minutes later, original female called me back and said they would be raising refund to $59.00. They will still be retaining $50.00 of mine for nothing. Closest thing I can figure out this must be democrat program. Didn't notice when I ordered that the company was located in Florida. Would not have ordered if I noticed this first time. World is full of people like this. Hope others see this before they deal with company.

Original review: July 2, 2013

I ordered the product and received it. I was told to just pay the shipping. I called to cancel future orders. I told two different people that I wanted to cancel and not receive any other charges. They kept telling me they were extending the trial period to July 2nd, 2013. I kept asking why - no clarity in answering my question. I told them over and over I did not want to be charged. They said they would not charge me. They told me to contact them back on July 2nd. I kept asking, “Why do I need to contact you back?” No clear answer, just call back. I just looked at my account today and much "to my surprise", there is a charge for $19.95. I called as I was pissed off and was told it would be 5-7 business days before I received my return of my money.

I advised the supervisor to listen to the calls and she would hear me saying over and over that I would not receive any charges. This, of course, is after she told me I agreed to the trial offer being extended and to receive future shipping. I did not agree to the trial offer being extended. It was pushed upon me! I kept asking why, and no one would answer the question. I did not agree to the future orders either. I kept saying that I could not afford it due to my employment circumstances over and over, and I did not want to have any charges come out of my account. Geez, it is not rocket science... people, NO means NO. I am about to file charges with the Texas Attorney General for consumers as I don't want any other innocent people to get hurt! I also told this company do not edit my recording in case this goes further as they may go under investigation, and the recordings will be listened to in case this gets handled in a different legal way.

Original review: June 27, 2013

I live in China. I ordered e-liquids and e-cig (Ego-W) on that website. I received the items in less than 2 working days, very good service. When I write to the customer service, I always got replies. Now, from what I read, I am quite afraid of the quality and danger of e-liquids... For me, the taste is quite good, but I never tried other brands before. I just cough sometimes, but I guess it's because I smoked a lot before and some throat pains. Does someone have some more information about these e-liquids?

Original review: June 12, 2013

I ordered pure nicotine base from e-cig.com. They led me to believe the product was coming from the states. It eventually arrived 2 months later from China. Poor communication and delivery aside, the nicotine base has clearly been mixed with ammonia. I have mixed my own e-juice for years, and have dealt with pure nicotine before. This nicotine base is without a doubt contaminated with other chemicals. Adding it to any e-juice causes the liquid to turn PURPLE. I initially tried to vape some (mixed to 16mg/ml). It burnt my throat and made it hard to breathe. Pure nicotine is odorless. The nicotine from e-cig smells like bleach. I contacted them about this, not because I wanted a refund (it was less than $5), but because I am worried about people being harmed. They told me it must be some other ingredient in my e-juice. - Very worrying. AVOID these guys.

Original review: June 11, 2013

I was on Zulily's website when a pop-up asking me to do a survey about my shipping experiences with Zulily and receive a FREE gift. I did the survey and 2 options popped up for the FREE gift, neither were anything I could use but one was for a FREE starter kit with e-cigs for only a $4.95 shipping charge. I have a son who smokes and who I would like to see quit so I thought as long as it is FREE, I would get it for him. I read everything that popped up in the process to make sure I was not committing to anything. There was nothing that told me I was. The kit arrived; again, nothing in the packaging indicated any commitment. I gave it to my son and forgot about it until a $99.65 charge showed up on my credit card.

I called immediately to dispute it. The credit was issued. Then another package arrived from e-cigs. I rejected it and sent it back in the mail. I checked my card statement and there was a charge for $40. I called e-cigs and got them to credit that charge. Then I received a letter from my credit card company saying they were giving e-cigs the $99.65 back as e-cigs said it was a valid charge!! I am furious. I have called both the credit card company and e-cigs and both say that they cannot do anything about the charge now. It is absurd. E-cigs said that I should have investigated their site further for the 'disclaimer' that they have hidden somewhere on the site telling me that I would be charged as the only thing FREE is the 14 day trial.

I have advised Zulily about this. They did not hire this survey to be done and have no affiliation with e-cigs. So it appears that this survey company and e-cigs are somehow connected and are in this scam together. It is outrageous that this kind of thing is allowed to go on. I will never do another online survey for anyone again, and I would caution anyone else from participating also. And I would definitely not do business with such a dishonest company as e-cigs either. They need to be exposed for the slimy company they appear to be.

Original review: June 4, 2013

As with the others, I responded to the advertisement for FREE starter kit and paid the shipping of $4.95. I realized the scam within a few days and after searching for the fine print, I was able to read the T&C which stated I would have to pay $109.95 after 14 days (from time of order) or request an RMA and return the product. I had to pay for return shipping, $5.00 per used cartridge, and $20 restocking so I can keep the product and be charged $109, or send it back and be out $35-$40. They also sign you up for a subscription for monthly refills at an inflated cost.

I called them and they have a very well defined script for taking care of callers. Offer a discount, offer a bigger discount, offer more time; all polite and willing to accommodate. The bottom line is I'll eat the $109. I called the credit card company and they said there was not much I could do since I authorized the charge. I will dispute it. I'm not sure how that process works, but we'll see what happens. They prey on people who are unwilling or unable to fight back. In the end, they will lose.

Original review: June 3, 2013

I won a free starter kit through Amazon. Within a week after receiving, I contacted e-cigs by email and phone call and told them their smokes tasted like dirty socks smell and I would not recommend them to anyone. They charge double of other companies. Surprise, they charged my card for $99.99 and refused to refund even though they admitted I had contacted them. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Luck is with me as I have a wonderful bank and they handled it for me.

Original review: May 28, 2013

I have 2 problems with e-cig.com's delivery and items I purchased. The first is probably not their problem, but rather China Post. Order placed on the 10th of April, delivery by standard Airmail. Confirmed and tracking number sent on the 12th. It took 40 days to leave China! I used the tracking number that they gave me to track it... It only left China on 23rd of May. I received it 5 days later, and I thought our South African postal service was bad! I have purchased many items from China before, but none have taken so long to reach South Africa. The usual time is 7-10 days.

I started off with Green Smoke stuff and was very pleased with the taste, but the cartomizers tended to be expensive in SA. After some research, I discovered that the e-cig carts were compatible with the Green Smoke. I have been using the Green Smoke Vanilla flavor and thought that I would order the same from e-cig. I ordered a pack of 4 carts + 2 x 50ml bottles of juice at high nicotine, BX1 (best mix vg::pg) Vanilla.

How can I describe the product that I received (the carts tasted the same as the liquid)? Vanilla?? I don't know what they use for vanilla in China, but it is not the same as we have here! Both the carts and the liquid had an after/before taste, which is difficult to describe... Furniture polish? Oven cleaner? Whatever... It was NASTY!

e-cig.com Company Information