ebooks.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had rented five books and returned all but then after they said they received books, they say I didn't return one. They have emailed me many times. I have no proof as I deleted email after they said they had received. I moved since and don't know where anything is. So the receipt for mailing I don't know where **. I tried calling them but no one answer or call me back. Now they want me to pay for book that I returned. No way will I pay for it. DONT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE AND WATCH WHO YOU RENT FROM. THEY HAVE MANY NAMES. I refuse to. It for a book that I returned. They tried to debit my bank but the bank caught it as fraud. What can I do? Now a lawyer has called. I have all the other emails to them and from them.

I went to ebooks.com yesterday afternoon and ordered a book. Unlike any other ebook I have EVER purchased, AFTER the website took my money I was told that I had to download an ebook reader from Adobe. When I did and tried to get my ebook I got an error message that the ebook reader download could not be opened, either because the file type was not supported or the file had been damaged.

There is no number to call for customer service at ebooks. So I had to submit a complaint. Which generated an email response promising that someone would contact me in 24 hours about my problem. That was a lie. No one has bothered to contact me. Apparently this website is sitting there taking people's money without giving them what they paid for. In my opinion, this is STEALING people's money! Oh--but the victims of crimes are not allowed to tell the truth, are they? So I guess (based on all the other reviews past where other people complained about the same thing) there is a permanent glitch in their software that no one bothers to fix. Maybe that is not STEALING. Bottom line though: I am out over $15.19 that I will never get back. Go ahead. Order an ebook from them. I dare you!

I submitted many requests to ebooks.com to reset my account password. All I just get is an autogenerated email about submitting another ticket. This company fails to respond appropriately. I regret doing business with this ripoff.

I have wasted so much time trying to download a book I now purchased twice accidentally. Totally useless and user unfriendly site. I want my money back. I want to ring them. I want to shout at them. An evil outfit all around. Books don't download no matter what you do.

They took my money and I didn't get what I paid for. There is no phone number to call. I emailed them about a refund, but I got no response. Wow, I wish I could have seen these comments before I got screwed over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ebooks.com?

We bought two ebooks from eBooks.com and one is totally unreadable on the new iPad. We tried to contact the eBooks.com customer support. First of all, there is no customer support phone number. We have to create a ticket via eBooks website. I created the ticket; they have some kind of standard auto-reply. I replied to their email and asked for further assistance. There is no response. I created another ticket and the same thing happened and there is no response. I'm very frustrated. I strongly suggest not to buy any book from eBooks.com.

I recently bought a book (Rainbow Road) on ebooks.com for 10 dollars. It's been two days and the book still hasn't downloaded. I click the download button and it says, “You have already purchased this. Click download.” So I do, and it tells me the same thing continuously. I would either like help fixing this or my 10 dollars back. I've tried rebooting the system and that didn't work.

I paid $10 expecting to be able to download a book, as I have a new Mac. When I look at the Adobe Digital Editions installer, it says, "Sorry, but your system does not meet the minimum requirements." Thus, I am unable to download the book I bought. I asked for assistance on the ebooks.com website and got this email:

Dear Gregory **,

This message refers to your Request Ticket Number: **.

Thank you for your message and I apologize for the delay in replying. The .acsm file is a set of instructions Adobe Digital Editions uses to download the drm protected .pdf. Can you please make sure that you have ADE installed and authorized and then open it and select the 'library' view? Can you please then drag and drop the .acsm file into the reader and the download should start.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or difficulties regarding this. Please reply to this message without changing the subject line if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Ebooks Support

This was not helpful, as Adobe Digital Editions installer still reads, "Sorry, but your system does not meet the minimum requirements." I explained this in separate emails 13 days ago but I have not received any response.

eBooks.com gave me a receipt without the download link! Where is my download link! It’s been two days that I’ve been trying to purchase (purchased in fact because they billed me already) an ebook. I emailed them several times but still did not give any download link for it! What a scammer! Don't ever, ever, ever buy from them! I also found another site **. You noticed the contact information of eBooks.com is U.S.A. but currently at **. It's Australia, but the same telephone number! This means eBooks.com is really making lots of dirty money by scamming people long time before!

I bought this ebook (Pirate Latitudes ePub for Digital Editions) for $12.99, but they charged my credit card $21,99. After my complain, they changed the price of the ebook to $ 21,99 on their website. The same book at B&N costs $9.99 and Amazon $9.68. Keep away! I lost my money.

I purchased an ebook online today and after downloading it to my Sony eReader, I discovered the book was an uncorrected, incomplete draft of the book. It states on the cover ‘Advanced Reader's Edition: Not for Sale’. I have written twice to the company and have yet to hear a response. It is illegal for them to sell this on their website.

I think this eBooks.com is WEIRD. I have purchased two novels, first one downloaded, but second unable to download. Next morning, I tried to download the second again, the same result, which means I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE SECOND at any rate. I emailed to ask them to let me download or email me the file. NO REPLY YET!

The company address of the Receipt is Western Australia. No telephone number there. I searched eBooks.com in domain search. Wow, this company didn't show the address and telephone number. It uses c/o network solution company. This means 'Weird' to me. What happened to my request to let me downlead the second file?

Ordered a book.
Tried to log on again - forgot password and asked for help.

NO RESPONCE.

Realized I was not getting an actual book in the mail and asked for a refund before I get the ebook delivered.

STILL NO RESPONCE.

I just purchased today "Raising Atlantis" and am not very happy. I want to return my copy and get a full refund!!

I could buy the paper version for less money at Costco.

I can give the paper copy to a friend after I have finished reading it. There is so much BS security on the book that it took me two hours just to figure out how to send it to my Palm. Ridiculous.

Until something is done to address these issues I will not buy another eBook.

If your licencing is going to be so restrictive I would suggest a price of pennies rather than a cost of more or just slightly less than a paper book that requires printing, distribution, return of non sales ans shipping.

Also your support system sucks. Where's a phone number. What's with this archaic form system.

I am sure I am not alone in my dissatisfaction and will be disseminating such to others.

I paid for an ebook by credit card. When I tried to download the ebook, the link kept leading me to an error page 'the page is unavailable'. I sent 2 feedback forms and 2 emails to ebooks.com to complain about the faulty link but received no reply after 5 days. So ebooks.com took my money, didn't give me what I paid for, and ignored my repeated attempts to contact them for my book. In my last email, I asked for a refund because I was disgusted with the shabby treatment I received. Like I said, I received no reply.

I paid for a book online but wasn't able to download it on the same day. I still wasn't able to retrieve my purchase the following day because I my password wouldn't be accepted. So, I requested for ebooks.com to send me via email my password which i was relieved to find out they'd readily do in case someone does forget his/her password. It's been three weeks and three requests now and they still haven't responded; i still don't have my ebook.

ebooks.com Company Profile