Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered two box sets from DVD avenue in 2009, only one arrived. The other, worth about $100, never arrived. DVD Avenue promised to send it but it never came. After several emails back and forth, they promised to refund my money but two years on, I am still waiting. I've given up on getting refunded now and have no recourse as I live outside the US. I would strongly advise anyone not to purchase anything from DVD Avenue. I have never received such poor customer service in my life. I may as well have been mugged in the street and had $100 stolen from my wallet. The worst aspect of the transaction was that the DVDs were for my special needs sister for Christmas 2009. Do not buy from these people especially if you live outside the US.

I placed an order online and attempted to reconfirm/change/cancel the order with several unanswered emails. There is no phone, or address listed for the company. I have been charged for an order that I wanted to cancel, and cannot return the products that were erroneously sent (the full order was not fulfilled) as there is no return address in China.

I went online to order Inspector Gadget as a birthday present. I realized after sending the transaction through, I had accidentally entered the expiration date wrong. When trying to contact the company through their email on the webpage, the email will come back undeliverable. I tried looking up numbers and found one that just has an automated message. I had also noticed some reports of others trying to order through here and not getting what they wanted or not getting it at all.

I have not been able to get a hold of anyone there and today, I received a message saying the stuff I ordered was on back order and would be shipped as soon as possible. It also gave me the option to cancel the shipment when I click the link it brings me to a page that says error not found. They also gave me a contact number with that email but it doesn't work either it says the mail box is full.

This is what is at the bottom of the email:

At DVD Avenue, we are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments. Toll-Free - 1.888.293.4134 or email us at orders@dvdavenue.tv

On 10/4/2008 at approximately 6:44 pm CT, we went online at Dvdavenue.com to order That 70's Show Complete DVD Series. We put the charge on our Visa Account. Since then, have cancelled the card and was charged $111.58 according to our credit card company. After contacting DVD Avenue.Com on numerous attempts, we finally spoke to some foreigner who stated that they had not received our payment and cancelled our order. He said if we could send him a transaction code or our billing statement, he would research this. After speaking with our credit card company, they said no, do not do that, because they should already have that information, so we did not do it. We called our credit card company, again, and they said that they did, in fact have a charge from DVD Avenue.Com that had been paid out.

Our credit company is working to resolve this issue; however, after researching the internet, we find that this company is allegedly pirating these videos. It further says that they have been doing this quite some time and when found out about, change their name and continue this pattern? We would like for you to find out the legitimacy of this company so that you can warn others of this. Thank you kindly for your assistance in this matter.

I ordered the thirty-something series from this company and received 4 seasons with approx 9 dvds in each season however discs 4, 14, 18 were blank. One was a duplicate and the last disc only has 1/2 of an episode. ALSO the discs are all burned off of lifetime or bravo tv channels.It was my understanding that is illegal. I contacted them every 30 days on their live chat line for an exchange-not a refund or just replace the defective discs and was repeatedly told my new order was on the way. It has now been a year! I am very upset that they lied to me and I feel I was ripped off!! my order # is 99248.i tried to contact them today and they will not respond. they also NEVER answered any of my e-mails/ live chats only!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DVDavenue.com?

I ordered a set of Little House on the Prairie DVD's in May 2007 from a website called Allmyfavoriteshows.com. As I live in Australia, I was advised it would take 6 to 8 weeks to receive the delivery. When I still hadn't received the delivery in July, I found out that the above website was no longer in use and that the company was now called DVD Avenue. I ended up receiving my order at the end of July, however, not all the disks worked.

I reported this fact to DVD Avenue immediately, and was advised that a replacement disk would be sent to me as soon as possible. I have been following this up with them for the past SIX months now and I still have not received my disk, even though they continue to say I will receive it within the month whenever I enquire. I find this customer service appalling as I feel I am being lied to whenever I speak to someone online. The company cannot be reached via direct email and cannot be contacted via telephone (even though the details are provided) as NO ONE responds. The only way I can get a response is through the web page via their LIVE CHAT service. I find this is unreliable though as the conversation cannot be tracked or recorded.

I find that the DVD's I have actually received from this company are also very poor quality. It is as if someone has sat in front of the tv and taped it as the screen is jumpy and the picture is bad. After paying $250 US for this order, I must say I am EXTREMELY disappointed and will not be going back to use this company again.

I purchased a product fro Dvdavenue.tv online for a Christmas present on 10/17/07. I never received an email of when the product shipped or tracking number that was guaranteed. I contacted the company the following week and was told that it was already shipped on 10/19/07, and they gave me a tracking number. I looked up the tracking number and the Canadapost had no record of this package. I spoke with Karen again, online chat. She told me it was not updated, to give it a week. I have spoken with Karen 5 times. I printed our last conversation on 12/15/07.

I don't have the package, and she won't give me a straight answer about processing a refund. I left a voice message for the company on 12/12/07 and emailed the company on 12/10/07. I was to have a response within 24-48 hours. I still have no response from the company. I either want my money returned or the package immediately. The last place I saw the package was in Brossard, QC on 11/25/07. I am not sure if the company is in Canada or in the US, with a warehouse in Canada.

Only information that I have about this vendor is a web address, which is

DVDavenue.tv.com. The customer service number that I have for this company is

I had ordered what I thought was a set of DVDs for a TV series (Friday the 13th). After charging me $80 dollars, i received a set of CDs that were bootleg--the CDs contained copies of the tv series that was originally recorded from the tv screen using a VCR. The video tape was then somehow transferred to the CDs. Needless to say, in addition to violating copyright laws, the product was inferior. The product was shipped from Quebec with no contact info.

During the second week of June,I contacted the company via live chat on their website (spoke to maria), who assured me that the CDs would be replaced, and that I would receive an envelope in which to return the CDs that I had received. I never received the envelope. I contacted the company again by e-mail, did not receive a response. Called the company's help line, received only music.

I am attempting to recover my money through my credit card service.

This sounds like a bogus company, and a big scam. At this point, I would just like my money back and to warn others about this company

DVDavenue.com Company Profile