1.6/5 (38 ratings)

About AT&T TV Now

AT&T TV Now Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV Now?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV Now?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

This was my first time ever using streaming devices. I believe these devices that I'm using is very creative. Highly overly accounted for for much needed for the future ahead and should've been in use many years ago. I will recommend these services to all, especially those who are catching up with technology.

Original review: July 21, 2021

About August 2019 we visited an AT&T store to sign up for telephone/Internet/TV after moving from California in July 2019. During the signup process a streaming service ATTTVNOW was included in what we understood was "the package". There was no discussion about a separate charge in addition to the telephone/Internet/TV service. About 30 days or less we canceled service with AT&T and thought all service was then canceled. Due to the moving process and numerous bills, we did not check our credit card bill for some time.

After trying to figure out what the reoccurring charge was about and the email/password used in the August 2019 sign up in the AT&T office, a chat was initiated with ATTTVNOW about 30 December 2020. I contacted the local AT&T office where “the package” was signed; they told me they only sign up people for ATTTVNOW and that I would have to contact ATTTVNOW for any problems. Turns out the only way to contact those people is Internet Chat and log in.

In the very first contact/chat with ATTTVNOW’s customer service, I was promised a full refund since I never used the streaming service and I canceled my service with AT&T. I have several written transcripts of the transactions provided by them promising my refund. The best that was received is a partial refund not a full refund as promised in several chats. About 5 times I was able to speak with a real person when I called AT&T customer service but I could never speak with someone at ATTTVNOW. After explaining in detail the problem I was told several times I would get a full refund and a two times that the best I would receive is a partial.

In my last verbal about 19 April 2021, I was told only partial refund and her supervisor would call me back. The callback never happened. During the call an AT&T employee told me she understood my feeling since she was recently SCAMMED. When I asked her "so this is a scam" she stopped talking. I am still owed $510 to complete my full refund.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Series of contacts for new contract at expiration of old one. Chat agents said wait for the last four days to arrange new, but then switched to requiring me to voice phone on last day only for any dealing whatsoever. Then email on next to last day inviting me to deal then. Site chat agent then wrote that he liked me and was taking very long time to research for best deal, but ended up providing minimal details seeming to suggest that it was renewal of same deal at similar price, but actual offer would be emailed to me later before long, so my request for something less in coverage and cost was refused without actually admitting it. So, not first experience of psychological manipulation. I let it happen to get an offer without a month of full charges after end of contract, as happened last time.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

AT&T runs the old bait and switch on its customers. What you sign up for is never what you’ll get. The proof is shown in my bill. I’ll start with the beginning DTV. Service for the Latino package $57.44 a month. After two months the amount fluctuated $110.69, $61.44, $70.64. I’d spend a lot of time getting my statements correct. AT&T TV wifi and phone. I was told I’d pay a bundle price $110 for two years (read part 1). The rep who told me I’d been scammed was right. Mind you I never had service installed but I did receive separate bills: Internet and phone total $87.98, $49.99 internet...my old phone bill was $4.45 for a landline and now they’re charging me $37.99 for landline? Not including cable service...so much more than the bundle price I was quoted of $110. The price quoted to keep DTV and add internet $97.99 month. Received a bill for $217.98 what a scam!

I have not had any type of service from AT&T since end of August. I haven’t been able to resolve these issues. AT&T has no problem sending bills and are on you to collect their money while they do nothing to address or correct the scam. Their tactics are unethical! From the bait and switch tactics, having one phone number for several different companies is a serious problem for consumers. (Most people have no idea AT&T is divided into separate businesses.) I blame AT&T for the lies and confusion. I have spoken to 12 customer service reps. 11 out of 12 had lied to me. Therefore it is evident AT&T promotes unethical tactics. As a consumer I find this unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I paid for 6 months of the service and never used it once. That truth (that I never used the service) was verified by 2 of their customer service reps I managed to reach from a general AT&T customer service line. There is no customer service for AT&T TV NOW so I had to waste hours of my life calling the AT&T general service number to get someone to listen and try to refund me for services I never used. It didn't help. There is a chat link, but after many times trying, the link only connected me to customer service one time. The issue was still not resolved. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: March 19, 2020

This is worst decision I ever made was go get ATT Now. Customer Service is the worst, they change your plans without letting you know. You have to talk to them through chat. You can never talk to some live. I regret switching to them. If you think about going to att now DON’T!!!! You better off getting a contract or doing Sling TV or Hulu.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Att now is a total scam! You may as well go with a different company! They charge you just as much as being in a contract but the customer service is beyond horrible! They want you to chat online but what the purpose of paying so much money if you have to chat online or speak to an off shore representative! My bill increased 3 time without my knowledge! The service rarely works! I want a full refund no exceptions!!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We moved to Kingsville, Tx. in August to to have DirecTV transferred from our San Antonio, Tx address and we're told that we must get ATT DirecTV for streaming since cable was not available. Moved back to San Antonio in September and were told to just transfer back services. We did so but were never advised to DROP or DISCONTINUE DirecTV NOW since we didn't need it. DirecTV NOW has been billing us for six (6) months. I called to complain and recover the 6 month charges only to find out that you CANNOT speak to a person but must chat. We were told they could only refund 1 month. My new step will be to fill a complaint with our state's Attorney General.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

This service was great for the first year when I signed up. The 2nd (contractual year) has been horrible. Overpaid for Sunday ticket which is the only reason I chose Directv, $50 per month for 6 months. The 2nd month in, I could not access the games. It was 5 minutes before game time and it gave the option to "watch now" so we selected that so that we did not miss the game. I immediately called customer service and explained what happened. By the end of the hour and 1/2 phone call, she assured me everything was back to the way it should have been but couldn't explain why we did not have access to the ticket.

The next bill I received had my regular bill plus an additional $40.99. 1 of 4 payments for another Sunday ticket PLUS another $90 for "one day viewing" of sunday ticket. I called and spent an hour on the phone to get those additional charges removed. I have had to call EVERY month since then to remove the additional sunday ticket charge and have been ASSURED each time that the problem had been resolved only resulting in the same thing the following month. After 4 months of this, I have decided to cancel my service today. It would help if when you called into customer service, you could speak to someone who was not simply reading from a script but was intelligent enough to listen and understand what you are saying. I will find another way to get the football games, it is not worth the hassle and hours out of my life.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Increased prices and charged my card more than the agreed upon amount. Over a one year period the prices had increase three different times. I spent hour trying to talk with someone. They treat customers poorly.

AT&T TV Now Company Information