Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

DIRECTV NOW Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV NOW?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV NOW?

Original review: March 19, 2020

This is worst decision I ever made was go get ATT Now. Customer Service is the worst, they change your plans without letting you know. You have to talk to them through chat. You can never talk to some live. I regret switching to them. If you think about going to att now DON’T!!!! You better off getting a contract or doing Sling TV or Hulu.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Att now is a total scam! You may as well go with a different company! They charge you just as much as being in a contract but the customer service is beyond horrible! They want you to chat online but what the purpose of paying so much money if you have to chat online or speak to an off shore representative! My bill increased 3 time without my knowledge! The service rarely works! I want a full refund no exceptions!!!!

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We moved to Kingsville, Tx. in August to to have DirecTV transferred from our San Antonio, Tx address and we're told that we must get ATT DirecTV for streaming since cable was not available. Moved back to San Antonio in September and were told to just transfer back services. We did so but were never advised to DROP or DISCONTINUE DirecTV NOW since we didn't need it. DirecTV NOW has been billing us for six (6) months. I called to complain and recover the 6 month charges only to find out that you CANNOT speak to a person but must chat. We were told they could only refund 1 month. My new step will be to fill a complaint with our state's Attorney General.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

This service was great for the first year when I signed up. The 2nd (contractual year) has been horrible. Overpaid for Sunday ticket which is the only reason I chose Directv, $50 per month for 6 months. The 2nd month in, I could not access the games. It was 5 minutes before game time and it gave the option to "watch now" so we selected that so that we did not miss the game. I immediately called customer service and explained what happened. By the end of the hour and 1/2 phone call, she assured me everything was back to the way it should have been but couldn't explain why we did not have access to the ticket.

The next bill I received had my regular bill plus an additional $40.99. 1 of 4 payments for another Sunday ticket PLUS another $90 for "one day viewing" of sunday ticket. I called and spent an hour on the phone to get those additional charges removed. I have had to call EVERY month since then to remove the additional sunday ticket charge and have been ASSURED each time that the problem had been resolved only resulting in the same thing the following month. After 4 months of this, I have decided to cancel my service today. It would help if when you called into customer service, you could speak to someone who was not simply reading from a script but was intelligent enough to listen and understand what you are saying. I will find another way to get the football games, it is not worth the hassle and hours out of my life.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Increased prices and charged my card more than the agreed upon amount. Over a one year period the prices had increase three different times. I spent hour trying to talk with someone. They treat customers poorly.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I have been dealing with AT&T now for 7 months. I cancelled my DirecTV effective the end of June. I took my equipment in and paid my final balance on August 21 via that AT&T store and called to verify the balance as paid off. They told me I had a zero balance. NOW they want more money!!! $122.57 to be exact. They tell me it’s from the previous month. So why was it not included in my final bill??? This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. I have written every name and employee number down. I have told them every one. I have documented the hours I have spent on hold!!! How can the company stay in business!!!! I have all the proof I don’t owe them anything. Don’t get AT&T anything and don’t get DirecTV who Is owned by AT&T. I have an antenna and no internet because they are both the only ones I have here. NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything AT&T owned!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

When I paid my final bill, They added another $160.00 to the final bill. Their explanation did not add up nor made sense. Their internet service is crappy and slow. I would not refer my dog to them. Be aware of this company and do your home one them and their unfair practices.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

After lengthy conversation 2yrs ago explaining I was unable to put a dish on rental property they came, hammered a pole into corner of yard trying to put a dish on top of it explaining the pole, not the dish, would actually be on property! On phone, agent told me dish had permission to put on telephone pole. At this confrontation in yard an ATT supervisor came over, identified himself and admitted it was ATT practice to lie/whatever it took to make sale. They proceeded to lie more promising 2 Firesticks for their stream over TV service when it finally became clear no dish would be erected today, when after much malarky, finally weeks later they gave me DirecTV Now, I Loved it! But almost immediately my pkg increased more than agreed upon price which after 2yrs Gone from $35.- 63. With 60 ch. plus HBO/SHO grandfathered, excellent right? NO!

Because every 2 mos I was battling $10 hike -tired of this constant battle, even with allegedly in account notes as grandfathered price each and no exaggeration every other month, tried to sneak increases on auto pay, many online fights for agreed prices. I actually argued...I'm 60 on fixed income out 3yr on illness disability so hands tied until Dr. Approves... Had to leave finally and unbeknownst to me, as I assumed the basic channels were basically same all over, they are Not! Consumers BewaAffairsw dealing with NEWS deficiencies as it's not a priority in streaming pkgs. Had I known, I'd paid the 73.00, with its increase so now there's other issues at play for consumers -at least in Salem, Ma 01970 we're stuck with Comcast, no choices for TV, totally unfair to consumers.

Streaming pigs. Providers Do More for news! Not local, that's offered but Why can't consumers pick say 2 other news stations out of 10, pay 5.$ or pick 6 for 30.$ monthly. TV Providers need to work harder to add other news channels. For example CNN has a few programs offered besides news, shows people enjoy so that's a win win station to add into provider pkgs. Cmon, make it work, make it happen for everyone not some!! Consumer Affairs, help us regular folks out, elderly, fixed incomes, working poor, middle class (lightly I add that word) but Families- CHOICES are important, make your own pkgs. Could work for many, and companies make more money and we're happy, what's the problem, come together as Communities #teamwork Negotiate for Us Consumer Affairs, please help.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Price went up earlier this year $5. Now it's going up again for a second time. $10 more this time. The app isn't that great. For the money, NOT worth it anymore. Joining everybody else in canceling my subscription!! Bye bye Direct!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

2 price hikes in less than six months. I started at $65 a month and now it's $80. Constant buffering even though the TV and Roku are hard-lined into my router (I have a 1GB brand new fiber line that averages 600-700mpbs down and 500mpbs up). Blackouts because they are holding, and last night was the final straw when every single AT&T TV Now device I have (my living room TV and Roku, every computer, my phones, my bedroom TV, the projector in the basement) all had the same "upgrade to start watching, to start watching this channel now, please upgrade your subscription package" no matter what channel I tried.

Couldn't get a hold of customer service online or on the phone. Total crap and by far the worst TV provider I have used. Only giving them 2 stars based on channel selection. They do provide the channels me and my wife want, but then again they have like 6 different packages to choose from, and I can see to where the average new customer would be confused and off put by so many different package selections. Keep it simple stupid!

DIRECTV NOW Company Information