Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.72/5

DIRECTV NOW Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Price went up earlier this year $5. Now it's going up again for a second time. $10 more this time. The app isn't that great. For the money, NOT worth it anymore. Joining everybody else in canceling my subscription!! Bye bye Direct!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

2 price hikes in less than six months. I started at $65 a month and now it's $80. Constant buffering even though the TV and Roku are hard-lined into my router (I have a 1GB brand new fiber line that averages 600-700mpbs down and 500mpbs up). Blackouts because they are holding, and last night was the final straw when every single AT&T TV Now device I have (my living room TV and Roku, every computer, my phones, my bedroom TV, the projector in the basement) all had the same "upgrade to start watching, to start watching this channel now, please upgrade your subscription package" no matter what channel I tried.

Couldn't get a hold of customer service online or on the phone. Total crap and by far the worst TV provider I have used. Only giving them 2 stars based on channel selection. They do provide the channels me and my wife want, but then again they have like 6 different packages to choose from, and I can see to where the average new customer would be confused and off put by so many different package selections. Keep it simple stupid!

Get expert buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Since the change over from DirecTV Now, which was barely adequate, nothing works regularly: channels don't load, videos don't stream, videos stop in the middle, no movies stream on computer or iPad, half the time it doesn't recognize me as a paying customer, your "customer service" sucks, but the spinning wheel of death is getting a lot of time when I try to get your service... You service is HORRIBLE!!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have had DirecTV Now for a while after switching from Sling. For the last couple of months it has been nothing but a headache. I cannot watch a channel without having to change channels and come back to the channel I was watching. Mind me that it looks like it does this when it gets to the good part! Contacted DirecTV Now by email without a response then I call AT&T which they transferred me to DirecTV Now and was told that they were aware of the problem and it should be corrected in a few days. To no avail nothing, I ask for a partial refund and was told that I would get it, nothing. But I did receive an email regarding a refund saying it was due to not being advised of the price height? I did like Sling, but the channels I needed they didn't carry. I wouldn't get DirecTV Now. It's not worth the price and time.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I have had trouble since they started the new format. I have made a complaint through Atlanta Georgia BBB. I've had AT&T IT Department call. While my case was open I never had a problem. As soon as IT close the case the problems started back up getting even worse. Cannot watch an hour-long program without changing channels and then changing them back. AT&T tech support says just get the channels app and use our login to watch our program. If I wanted to do that why would I want DirecTV? Now save your money and get local cable. You will have better service with them than you will with DirecTV now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DIRECTV NOW?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I have signed up for their streaming services (just Right plan for $54.99) since last year even though their streaming services was full of problems and promise that they will fix my DVR issue (does not record new shows, and the deleted old shows keep coming back). As an insult, they have dropped some of my local channels CBS, CW, etc. and they jack up the price to $64.99. The customer service has told me that since I have the grandfathered plan nothing will change and I can keep the same plan at the same price. To my surprise, they jacked up the price by $10 without notifying me and never honored the grandfathered plans as promised. Is that how business now should be? You can't trust anyone anymore not even a big company like DirecTV Now (AT&T)? I decided to cancel my plan right away and I will take my business somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I just spent 56 minutes on the phone with DirecTV trying to cancel a service I never ordered but was charged through AT&T (a deal they offered for a new phone, but that I NEVER authorized, never purchased or received, never signed anything). This is my 4th phone call to get them to stop charging me for a service I never ordered and do not want. After being transferred three times, each time I was told I was being transferred to a DirecTV Now specialist ultimately to a supervisor, I was finally told there are no specialists, no human beings one can speak with at DirecTV.

You must go onto the website, log in (but I do not have a log in because I never received any info because I never had an account!). Then you chat with someone and explain your situation. I tried to find their online chat. Maybe I'm just old (ok, I am kinda old) but I could not find a way to chat with anyone. After, not so politely telling the supervisor that I cannot find anything online, he said he would search for a phone number for me. OH, so NOW there is someone I can contact?! Imagine how many people simply give up over the frustration. They are stealing our money and that is exactly what I told the supervisor I would write in my review.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I cancelled my service and was told my card info was removed. A couple days later I was still charged. After chatting forever I was told they could only refund half. This company is a total scam preying on people who aren't computer literate. Do not use this company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I signed a 7 day trial but was charged as soon as I signed up. Directv Now did not work so within an hour I cancelled. I was told I would be refunded. I have contacted them 3 times and was told I would not be refunded, I was lied to 3 times. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I’m putting in a complaint through the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I did not have this service for a complete 30 minutes before wanting to cancel, and they refuse to give me a refund or any kind of credit. I signed up for DIRECTV NOW, which is the streaming service, with the sole purpose that they were one of the few to have the YES network. I used a coupon code for 15% off. As soon as I logged in, I saw that the Yankees game was not airing, so I contacted support and they informed me that there was a blackout in my area for that channel. As soon as they told me that, I said I understand there will be blackouts, but it did not make sense for me to keep the service, since I was going to get blackouts anyway. The agent reluctantly cancelled, but did not tell me that I was going to be billed nor that I would have it until the following billing day.

I contacted CHAT 3 SEPARATE TIMES, and asked for supervisor. One agent first said he could get me a manager but then changed his mind and said since I had signed up myself, that there was nothing a manager can do. One agent offered me a $5 credit for the following month, and failed to acknowledge that I did not wish to continue the service, and had not even used it. NOWHERE ON THEIR SIGN UP PAGE DOES IT SAY "SUBJECT TO BLACKOUTS" and for someone who is not aware of that term, they would blindly sign up not knowing. The website also seems to pride itself on the CANCEL ANYTIME feature. Their NO REFUND policy is ridiculous, and their agents all use the same line "I UNDERSTAND". I had to ask the same question 4 times in order to get a link to lead me to the answer. I will never deal with DIRECTV AGAIN. I should have remembered their lousy Dish service years ago.

DIRECTV NOW Company Information