Direct Shopping Network (DSN)

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought Medfix retention dressing tape total 44.99 weeks ago. There's no way to reach them! Email them, No response.

I bought some very expensive pieces of jewelry such as rings. One in particular was an 18K gold with a copper bearing green stone. It had diamonds down the shank of the ring. They were suppose to send the appraisal with the ring and never did even with multiple phone calls. I took that ring to jewelers who said the ring was basically worthless and they would buy the ring and basically take it apart. This stone was suppose to be from a mine in Mozambique that was drying up. The green copper bearing stone was 12 carats. I feel it was all lies and misleads to buy this ring. I was going to give it to my daughter as an heirloom because it was suppose to be museum quality per the show host but sold it for peanuts.

I would call when they told me, then they were rude when same guy answered. The new years show was a warehouse clean out. I purchased 2 LARGE scoops of nice colorful opals. 3 months after calling daily I got 9 stones (cheap stones cabs) & a plastic bag of crushed stuff. To keep ppl pepped up they frequently had giveaways before Christmas. I won 2 bling watches. Never got them. I also called over & over. The guys were named Art & Bleu, Art's son (always bragging about his lambo car) was also there & he did the giveaways. THIEVES!! Other ppl got screwed a lot worse.

I have seen the young blonde girl on another station with a familiar voice in background of a fairly new show. That was my entertainment splurge on the middle of night auctions & won for a few dollars. I'm on fixed income. That's my entertainment going out everything money. I feel stupid because I liked their personality. I guess that's their game. You will be judged. Stealing from poor. Y'all are awful.

They charged my account. They took my money. They never sent me my item. I called two weeks later. They said "Sorry it was never sent." I said "I want my money back." They only gave me back 30% of what they charged. (They said restocking fee???) For something they never sent... They are SCUM!

I had purchased several pieces of jewelry from American Jewelry Network, at different times, and then they sold me paraiba and diamond earrings. The paraiba stones were not the ones they showed on TV. The stones had bubbles and inclusions in them, not what I saw on TV. They switched them out with another pair.

When you go to send them back, they slam you with a restocking fee that is a percentage of how much you paid for the item. Mariana **, the spokesperson for this bait-and-switch, rip-off TV, makes no bones that sure you can return items, but you have to pay big time for it.

AJN also uses different color lights as the same color of the stones, to make the color more defined, and try to make it more than the item is, theft by deception. They actually sent me a mystery metal pendant that was supposed to be 14kt gold with no 14kt stamp on it anywhere. I called and complained, and they said, "Send it back and we will stamp it." I sent it back and got charged a restocking fee because of their incompetence. I just want to tell everyone, do not deal with American jewelry network, as they don't tell the truth. Hold on to your wallet. Other home shopping enterprises really don't rip you off...you can return everything, with no restocking fee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Shopping Network (DSN)?

I have purchased literally many, many thousands of dollars worth of beautiful gemstone jewelry from DSN. In addition to jewelry, I have also purchased several (Donjo sp?) a famous sea life sculptor, bronze statues. Also, Christian Dior and Gucci sunglasses, fabulous wrist watches, etc. I have been educated in gemstone jewelry and have always been treated with the most professional decorum. If an item needed repairing, it was taken care of. I really grew to care about these people and am sorry they have been lied about. I do not know if they got into money problems, but in all of my years shopping with them, they have always been straight shooters so to speak. I can understand how they made other jewelry sellers angry as they undersold them all by a great deal! Satisfied and missing DSN.

I made a purchase from American Jewelry Network a few weeks ago, and was EXTREMELY disappointed when I received the item! It did not even look like the same item I saw on TV. I called immediately so that I could return it! Now I've ordered from other jewelry networks like JTC even QVC. Everything I received from them was exactly what I expected, but NOT from the American Jewelry Network! I sent the return registered over two weeks ago, and know that it was received, but still no refund!

Well, I am not as patient as others because when I could not reach anyone by phone, I immediately disputed the charge with my credit card company. It's funny how quickly they answer the phone when they are trying to sell you their garbage jewelry but can't seem to answer the phone to address returns and refunds! Let me just say that even if it looks good on your TV, don't get suckered in because what you receive will not even come close! I'm an amateur photographer and I took a picture of my TV screen, when the item was being shown and again took a picture of the item I received. Funny how I could not get the color to show up anywhere close to what was on the TV!

Let's just say, I don't believe that what they sent me, was what they showed on TV! I won't even waste a second of my life ever watching their show again. As far as I am concerned, you could probably get better jewelry at Walmart! Buyer Beware! Please take my advice and don't waste your time here. Trust me, I know jewelry! My ex-husband was a jeweler and I've bought beautiful natural fancy-colored diamonds before!

I did purchase some items from them between 2004-2006 but I think I received some items that I did NOT pay for and I would like to discuss it with them just in case I owe them money. I tried calling the only 2 numbers I have for them but one now belongs to another company and the other doesn't work. I would appreciate it if anyone could help with this matter. Thank you.

I purchased a "natural pink diamond ring" for over 1400 dollars. When I got it, it was dull and not at all what appeared to be on TV. I kept calling and sent it back. Thank goodness I sent it registered mail. They kept telling me I would get my money back, but I did not. I had to fight them through my credit card. Took almost 3 months but I did get it back. Also they sent me a ring that I did not even order and charged my account. I returned that also and fought for my money back again through my credit card company. They would not return my calls and, when I did call, they would either tell me to call customer service, which you can't even do, or hang up on me. No more purchases through them. I am done! Consumers beware!

My story is the same as everyone else's. They owe me over $2200.00. I won a judgement in small claims but didn't know the court does not enforce it. I also got a lien against them from the Secretary of State in Calif. They are now doing business as America's jewelry network on Dish channel 221. How can they get away with this? Why doesn't any law enforcement do anything about it?

On August 29, 2013 I ordered a pink sapphire ring. I was told I would receive it in about a week. After two weeks went by, I called and was assured that it was in process and would go out in a week. Two weeks later, I called and said I didn't have it. I was told that the jewelry is custom made and takes some time. I told the person I was speaking with that this was the first I had heard about any custom making. I said that by this point I had a bad taste in my mouth and just wanted to get my money back. They assured me they would send it. Two weeks later, I called again and was once again assured my money would go out. I waited a couple more weeks, still no money. By the time I realized that they just weren't going to send my money back, I called my credit card company; unfortunately, by that time, the matter had exceeded their time limits of when you could report an issue. So, I, too, appear to be out $619. Can anyone help me get my money back?????

I bought Stones from DSN years and years ago, early 2001 to 2005 maybe (?) when they still sold GRAB BOXES from COIN STORES. Glass from Milan. ETC. You know who still sells that stuff! Their shipping and return policies were completely different than current reports. You would get your stones and such in 5 days max. and 30 days to return... Never had a problem until ANDREW the African Stone dealer came in w/ that Andisine! Some of you people's remarks about him being BLACK and therefore not trust worthy... by less than real words... grow up. The "GEM" world is a wild world.... a theft's world; not unlike COINS or MUSIC Business, and less you buy GIA; IGA etc., cret. gems...(like coins NGC or PCGS) you may not be getting what you paid for.

I was sick in bed, and the hours of JOY these charlatans brought to my disabled self was immeasurable. The joy, and to get a shiny piece of colored "Glass" afterwards... So worth it. Sick people need to be entertained... If you expect more you are a fool. Thought I did buy Burmese Ruby that appraised twice the price I paid... which was WHOLESALE price given to me... I still would have made 50% profit!!!! At wholesale level... BEFORE the 2008 USA/WORLDWIDE DEPRESSION! Now I made 1/3 my $ back from what I paid... But the happiness while "ill".... So worth it.

In 2007-2008, my late husband was house-bound and started viewing this shopping network. He purchased much merchandise and after receiving and viewing, he returned many items due to lack of quality. After many returns, the network shut him off. In 2009, he passed away leaving me with several of his purchases. I have tried to sell some of these items to local, reputable jewelers and each time, they have informed me of the very substandard quality of such; the latest was an Alexandrite 18K gold ladies ring for which my husband paid $1750. The stone was "lab-created" and worthless. I received a $180 credit towards a finer piece of jewelry.

This network and all their dishonest hosts should be shut down! People work hard enough for their money, trust that TV productions are a safe place for purchases but you'd probably be better off buying from someone on the streets of any city. I'm totally disgusted with all of these types of shows; i.e. America's Auction Network, Gem Shopping Channel, QVC, HSN and the likes. For the most part, they seek out those who are so desperate for something to do and products to spend their money on. They are akin to the used car salesman in a small town selling you a piece of junk! Will someone please investigate and finally take them off the air?!

I ordered a 14-carat Tanzanite ring on 10/1/2011. My credit card was debited the day after I ordered, but I never received the ring. I tried to call several times and actually talked to someone but money was never refunded. I found them online, so I complained online with all the order numbers, but nothing was done. I think the law should get involved and confiscate any assets to get people such as me… my money returned!

After having purchased a couple of items, it became clear that DSN could not provide what it said it could. I requested a refund. I have written numerous certified letters and been on hold for hours on end trying to get a refund of $496.00. Actually, I feel lucky that that's all I lost compared to other people. Art **, et al, should be sent to prison and never let out. That includes the illusive Tina! I'll certainly be more careful in the future.

Gem stones & Jewelry - I got taken for over $6500! I went through the same as everyone else did until finally, their phone (DSN) is no longer! Now what? Last year, I took my things in for insurance coverage & wham! They told me the bad news! They are probably still laughing, the merchandise is that poor! I feel like a real fool! On top of that, it was everything I had & I thought I was going to make money selling the stones on the internet! Yeah right, I'm still broke & Christmas is near again. If I could get my hands on that jerk, just for 10 seconds! Can anyone help out there?

I ordered from DSN last March through October about $15,000 worth of merchandise as I returned several items not meeting standards, either switch and bait or just plain non-quality gemstones. They advertise as SI-VS diamonds only. At best, many of them were 1 quality. Instead of requesting a refund, I was the sucker for taking store credit as I didn't want to lose out on 15% of my money. Now I have lost out on 100% of my money. I, as everyone else, have tried tens of times to get a hold of customer service to no avail. I have called right at 1:00 pm, the hours customer support is supposed to be in, only to let the phone ring for 20 minutes with no answer. I have also tried during all hours and no answer.

All the items I ordered, except a couple, were the only ones that should have been shipped right away. I asked for no sizing to receive the items sooner. I was purchasing $1,000 - $3,500 rings, no chump change. I had written Art several letters. His assistant even told me they had been received. He just hadn't reviewed them yet. He is nothing but a con artist taking all our money for jewelry he never intended to send out in the first place. He should be in prison. How can we all get him there? I thought it only took over 10 people to start a class action lawsuit.

They ship inferior stones as to what is offered and they don't send COA for country of origin. I ordered items that were never shipped and they failed to refund my credit card. I have a credit balance of $228.05, as per customer service, from 2/22/12. The refund was requested but was never received. This balance is due to multiple returned items, bad quality. I am unable to contact and speak to anyone that could seem to help me. I have called and sent emails but the issues have not been resolved. I worked at ** and our company is not allowed to charge someone's accrual until the order is being processed and shipped.

I purchased 3 items from DSN on 10/1/2011. When I did not receive, I canceled the orders on 11/7/2011. I have not yet received a refund for the money I paid for these items totaling $3066. I have called the company numerous times, sent emails, and contacted Art Garabedian by certified US mail. I have not received any reply. I wrote to the BBB of Southern California and after about 6 weeks, BBB stated they had written DSN on two occasions and had not received any reply, so they closed their file. I have left voicemail messages requesting a call back with no response. Now, I cannot even get anyone in customer service to answer the phone.

Has anyone contacted the California attorney general? I wrote that office and was told that while they do not handle individual complaints, the attorney general's office could "bring lawsuits for violations of California law in cases of statewide significance." It seems like there are a significant number of people who have complaints similar to mine. Maybe if all were reported to the Attorney General, something could be done to stop these fraudulent business practices. Does anyone know of an attorney who could help us? I am open to any suggestions to help me recoup the money DSN owes me, for items I never received. Thank you.

I bought a ruby ring on September 8, 2011. I have yet to receive it so I cancelled it after several months. I haven't yet, as of this time, received my money back. I can't get anyone on the line or able to speak to anyone that will talk to me.

I ordered on 12/06/2011 and later, they were offering free specimens and I ordered them too. I was promised them before Christmas. Many calls and still no order, they said they didn't have a merchant account or something like that to charge people’s credit cards. I should have seen the writing on the wall. Every morning, I would watch and Grant was doing the show, you could tell he was blasted and had partied all night. It was obvious he was putting something up his nose besides his finger. We should all get together and file a class action law suit and take Art's wonderful house and cars he bragged about so much.

I would have thought that Blue would have had more respect for himself than to get mixed up with these jokers. You can also look up Andesine online and there is an article about DSN selling it as a natural gemstone a few years ago. It was diffusion heat treated as the IGA pointed out in its article. Their stones were not all natural as represented all the time. Why do you think Andrew, I think was his name, (the black guy that liked to explain a lot about gems; also who he got the Andesine from, Thomas, and the blonde that does Gems Bond TV now on Sundays all left). We were the fools believing that they lost money on everything they sold and stayed on air so long. I knew that was crap, but I kept buying. I often wonder if the stones I got are really what they are supposed to be.

I purchased a ring on Aug. 21, 2011. I was told by the representative (after clarifying twice) that I would get a full money back guarantee if I returned the ring for any reason within 30 days. Also, I was told that the show host that evening was waiving their usual 15% restocking fee. The total amount charged to my credit card was $674.20, the ring itself costing $600. I did receive the ring, but realized it was not the quality shown on TV and so I returned it immediately. I have the delivery confirmation that it was absolutely delivered to their address on Aug. 31st. I got so many excuses from the customer reps that I spoke to when I called after not having received the refund, including that they did not get the ring back until Sept. 9, 2011.

I pointed out to him that even if that was true, it was before 30 days is up. Then of course, I was told to leave a message for "Tina" who handles all the refunds. I have called too many times to count, sent emails with no responses and of course, have never received a call from "Tina". I have communicated in writing sending my letters and proof of delivery by the US mail. Again, I know they received my communication. I have reported them to the BBB in Southern California and haven't even heard back from them as promised. On their website, DSN has an "F" rating. I will continue to log any complaints I can with any and all sites so others are not scammed out of their money. Arthur and Gary Garabedian (father and son) owners should be ashamed of themselves!

Back in July/August, I purchased 3 items on three separate occasions. These items were never shipped, but my credit card was charged. To date, I have not received the merchandise, and my card has not been credited even though I cancelled the orders. Now, they don't even answer the telephone.

I ordered an oval Ethian opal ring on May 27, 2011 at a cost of $200. I never received the merchandise. I called several times to cancel and was told that a refund would be issued. Today is April 10, 2012 and there’s still no response. I would like to file this complaint against Direct Shopping Network for fraud.

On December of 2011, I ordered 4 items. They did not charge my credit card but someone tried to use my credit card at Macy's east in CA for the same amounts of my purchases. I made many calls and emails, no response. I asked to speak to a supervisor during one of my calls and was told he was on the commode. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my credit card company alerted me of the fraud and they are investigating DSN.

I like many others am in the same boat. I ordered a number of items back in April and May of 2011. By the end of July, I ask to cancel all five items. They shipped 2 of the items anyway and I'm still waiting for the refunds. I have called customer service (useless morons) after waiting hours on hold, have been transferred to Tina, who doesn't respond to emails and have left numerous emails that are not responded to as well. I am owed around $1700. I even tried to contact Brooke ** on facebook. She didn't like what I said but did offer to help and then "defriended" me before I could send her a response. They are currently not on Dish Network anymore. I have filed a complaint with the FTC about their activities and plan to contact the CA attorney general as well as the BBB. I was a good customer. I had received many items that I was completely happy with. I just want my money back and I hope they cart Art off to jail for fraud.

Well trained customer service reps to pacify you with alot of ** with no results. Dealing with them for four months they basically they stole $700.00 from me. This company must be rich from taking orders that they never fill and have yet to refund the money.

Order was not complete. I received the gemstones but the certification of gemstone and origin I have never received. I have called and emailed with no resolve. I had to pay for the certifications at a cost of $1,000. I lost time, money and the trust I once had for DSN shopping network.

I ordered two rings in early October 2011. First, I was told 4-5 weeks. Then, it was "by the holidays". The week before Christmas, they were still promising delivery by Christmas. On Jan 3, 2012, I requested a full refund. I was assured it would be credited to my charge card within 5 days. There is no reason to believe anything they say.

I ordered a couple of zircons well before Christmas 2011. I called once and was told they had not been sent but that delivery took a few weeks. I have called (no one answers) and emailed ever since with no reply from customer service. I hope the purchase will arrive for Valentine's day but I have my doubts. I will never buy from DSN again no matter how good the deal may be!

Direct Shopping Network (DSN) Company Profile

Direct Shopping Network (DSN)