1.21/5

159 Brookstone Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 25, 2019

They don't stand behind their product - pillow lost the shape even before use when stored in space bag! On top of that my gift card was voided even though it says that it will never expire... Awful customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Brookstone does not stand by their products. I purchased these for Christmas in November 2018 for my daughter, she was Excited and went to use them. She said they didn't work and sadly it's past the 30 day warranty, Brookstone has a 1 year manufacturers warranty and claims it's only available if you bought it only through their website? Who does that?! Thanks Brookstone for your lackluster services.

Get expert buying tips about Massage Chairs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was told by their service department that Brookstone filed for bankruptcy and they will not honor any warranty for items purchased prior to October 18, 2018. How can a bankruptcy court gives them a right? I don't know. Beware... Brookstone is their shoddy products selling is in outlets and online. I will never buy Brookstone.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I purchased a $430.00 projector earlier in the year only to find out that the App included with the camera was removed mid year and when I called they shared they were working on it and should have a fix in a few months. I choose to receive a refund and the only thing available was a store credit and all the stores were closing and the stores only had all items they wanted to get rid of and nothing like the variety the stores use to have, I've recently been told I can shop the airport stores and the closest airport is 2 to 3 hours away in Orlando and Miami. I'm in Ft. Myers over a 150 miles one way to both locations.

So they tell me to shop the website where the variety is nothing. I'm not in the market for $430.00 worth of speakers, headphones, phone chargers or accessories for Phone and Tablets. When I check cookware there's only a 8 inch glass lid for sale and nothing else. I've called and all they can say is they are sorry. DO NOT SHOP BROOKSTONE! If you have a the same issue purchase what you can because they won't be around much longer. I only wish I was near a airport to express experience in front of their stores.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I am a 71 yr old retired man on social security...I have on occasion gone to Brookstone outlet to buy items for resale on eBay to make a few extra bucks. Brookstone has advised me that I cannot buy in their store for items to resell because my wife has had a bad experience with the store. I think all seniors should boycott Brookstone as they are painting me with the brush of another. I pay the regular store prices so I can't understand how they can make such a rule and get away with such a discriminatory policy...I would welcome any help towards resolution.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brookstone?

Original review: June 25, 2018

I purchased a product online for my son that lives 1000 miles away from me. When I purchased a product that I thought he wanted and it wasn't. I sent him the receipt so he could have the purchase price credited back to my charge card at the local store in Raleigh NC. They told him that they had to have the card in his position to swipe it or he would only get a store credit. He doesn't want a store credit because they don't have anything that he wants. It is They say it's their policy but it doesn't say that on their website. Obviously they can return it to my credit card because if I mail it back they won't have my card to swipe it. It's a rather large package. Here is what their website says about returns.

Return Policy: We want you to love shopping at Brookstone. If for any reason you don’t love your purchase, bring it back. All merchandise (except massage chairs, it is NOT a massage chair) purchased from Brookstone in new condition with original packaging may be exchanged or refunded in the original form of payment within 60 days of purchase with an original receipt.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I bought a bathroom scale some years back when Brookstone had their guaranteed return/refund policy. This is the reason we paid more for this product (Brookstone is always higher on their prices). My scale started messing up... Giving me 3 or 4 different results when I weighed myself so I thought I needed to replace the batteries. When I flipped it over, there was a message saying to return the product to Brookstone. I assumed this was because of their guaranteed replacement policy. I took my scale back to Brookstone and they said that they don't have that policy anymore.

I told her that I bought it during the years of this policy and she said to supply the receipt. I told her that after this amount of time, I did not have the receipt. I said that the model # was on the back along with the return comment and she said that I still needed my receipt. I told her that that was ridiculous and that no one held their receipts that long and she said that would be the only way for them to honor that policy. I suggested that they just look up the model number to verify the timing and she said that they don't do that. My parting comment to her was that I would never spend another penny at Brookstone and she didn't care.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased a drone for my son for Christmas and paid $89.99. I told the sales lady that it was a gift and asked if I could return it if he didn't like it. She said yes and that I would get a full refund. She also offered me some items that qualified for special pricing because of my purchase and I got 3 as gifts ($9.99 each). When I returned the drone, I only got a refund for $69.34 because I had to pay full price for the three other items. This was not explained to me clearly when I made the purchase (the receipt had a discounted return amount for the drone but I didn't pay attention when I bought it. That amount was circled on the receipt when I made the return). I told the manager that I expected a full refund based on my conversation with the salesperson when I bought the item and she said there was nothing she could do. I will never shop at this store again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We purchased a massage chair from Brookstone a few months ago and we definitely regret not reading reviews before buying this big ticket item. After ordering the massage chair from a Brookstone store, we scheduled a delivery with a third party company. We had a clear conversation on the phone and at the end of the conversation, I restated the delivery times to make sure that we were in agreement. On the day of the supposed delivery, the chair never came. We waited past the delivery timeslot and then called the delivery company. They told us that there was no delivery scheduled. We had adjusted our work schedules so that we could accept the delivery and install just to be told that there was nothing scheduled. We then called Brookstone and they told us to reschedule; however we could not come to an agreement with a delivery day because we could not be home at the times that they offered.

We asked if they could accommodate because of their initial failure to schedule a delivery and their answer was basically no. So after all the fiasco, we finally got the chair. Fast forward a couple of months and now the chair makes this loud clicking noise and the body scan does not scan the leg and feet area. We are still under a one year warranty so we called Brookstone and requested that someone come look at the chair. They told us to troubleshoot the chair with their technicians on the phone. We were not near the chair at the time and asked for a technician to just come look at it. We were told that if a technician comes out and solves the problem but it was something they could troubleshoot over the phone, we would have to pay for it, even though we are still on warranty. I would advise for everyone to stay away from these scammers.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered a massage item on November 24, 2017. The goods were supposed to be here in 7 days. I added my full correct address at time of purchase and for some reason they missed my apartment number when doing the delivery. As per FedEx and Brookstone information, Fedex tried to attempt delivery and the address was incorrect with the apartment missing. Therefore, the product was returned to Brookstone. I called the Brookstone customer service and they said that I would have to wait for them to send the product again. They were unwilling to send the product in a faster shipping. I needed the product to give as a gift and now I will not be able to.

First, this wasn't my mistake, since I added the apartment no. at the time of my purchase. Second, the Fedex delivery guy could look at the apartment list with names which is placed on at the front of the building. I am shocked with the lack of professionalism of both institutions. One for not correctly place the apartment number, the other for not trying to look the apartment number or even try another attempt contacting me and asking for my apartment. This was never my error. Brookstone asking me to wait for weeks until I receive my new product is outrageous!

Brookstone expert review by Jonathan Trout

Brookstone is an American and Chinese retailer that sells gadgets and lifestyle products like massage chairs. It lists 13 different massage chair models available for purchase online. Each model comes with different features like leg and feet massagers and zero-gravity massage. They range in price from $900 to around $9,000.

• Rock & Recline Massage Chair: The Rock & Recline Massage Chair features what Brookstone calls a deep-kneading Shiatsu massage. The massage includes tapping and rolling massage, as well as lumbar heating. The chair rocks and reclines to help minimize and alleviate back pain. It also features a massage that travels down your back and under your glutes. The Rock & Recline Massage Chair costs $899.

• Renew Zero-Gravity Massage Chair: The Renew Zero-Gravity Massage Chair features five massage techniques, eight massage programs and pressure point detection. It comes with optional lumbar heating and includes a massage that travels down your back and under your glutes. The zero-gravity positioning relieves pressure on your spine. The Renew Zero-Gravity costs $3,499.

• Inada Dreamwave Massage Chair: This chair is a full-body massager that’s made with synthetic leather and features an undulating or wave-like rolling massage. The Inada Dreamwave has 1,000 possible manual massage combinations. It retails for $9,000.

• Infinity IT 8500 X3 3D Massage Chair: This chair features an MP3 USB port, built in speakers and a touch key controller. Massage options include kneading, tapping, Shiatsu, knocking and synchronic. Synchronic means the massage rollers will massage you to the beat of the music you’re playing. You’ll experience a full body massage with arm, back, seat, leg, feet and shoulder pressure points. The Infinity IT 8500 costs $5,495.

• Luraco iRobotics i7 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair: This chair won Best of Show in Health and Wellness at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). It comes with nine pre-programmed massage choices, smart touchscreen remote and human voice response in multiple languages. It also features an MP3 music system and allows up to five people to customize and store their personal massage settings. The Luraco iRobotics i7 costs $8,490.

• Best for: people who want zero-gravity, full body massage options in their massage chair.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout