Bragada Mattress

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have purchased several Bragada mattresses since 2008, relying on their warranty claims. Well after a few years the King we sleep on most has developed deep sags, especially on the side I sleep (I am about 250 pounds). Bragada will not honor their warranty. They ask for unreasonable documentation of sagging. From now on I will only shop Amazon, Costco, and local shops who run an honest business and will honor their warranty without question.

We purchased our first Bragada Deluxe mattress back in April 2006, mattress got indentation within 2 years. We filed for a replacement due to indentation and was first denied. After writing a negative online review Bragada agreed to replace it with an upgrade for their best mattress, the Milan (We paid an additional $1,200 for the upgrade). 2nd mattress was shipped on January 2008, after 6 years with this mattress again had a deep indentation and after sending several pictures to prove it, Bragada agreed to replace the mattress.

On June 2014, a 3rd Bragada Milan mattress was shipped at a cost of $400 to cover shipping expenses. After few months of installing this new Milan mattress, indentation showed up again, making sleeping on this mattress very uncomfortable! My wife and I are finally giving up on the Bragada mattress, we will write off this experience and will move on to another brand. My only advice is to stay away from Bragada or any internet purchases of a mattress.

I purchased a Bragada Mattress in August 2007. Shortly after, I started sleeping on the mattress, I developed allergies, not only sinus allergies, but urinary type allergies that seemingly was affecting my prostate. I seek out urgent care and was on a 3-month regimen of antibiotics. When that didn't work, I saw my GP again and went to a specialist who ordered a CT scan which came back negative. After numerous doctor visits and a physical therapy session, we ran out of ideas. I decided to throw out my mattress as a final attempt. All symptoms disappeared after 3 days. I tried contacting Bragada by email and phone. They didn't respond to any attempt. This was the most traumatic experience of my life.

I bought a foam topping from the vendor and a month after receiving it, I start having bite marks on my skin, upon the request of family and friends I inspect the bed and I found out that I got bed bugs. I was ashamed to say anything to anyone for a while. Eventually I called the company and let them know the customer service person was very rude and nasty to me and said to me that I probably picked it up from buying something else. I am not a rich person and I cannot afford to splurge on thing, that was the only thing I bought for the year for my room. I desperately need your help if it is only to get my bed back.

I bought several mattresses from Bragada Mattress Co., headquartered in Poughkeepsie, NY., via On their Web site, they claim to have the strongest warranty in the industry. Moreover, their Web site FAQ states that no special care or protective pad whatsoever is needed. Less than 18 months later, I am sleeping in a deep, uncomfortable valley in my ~$1000 mattress; the foam, pillowtop, cover, or some combination has clearly deteriorated.

I emailed the manufacturer, and sent digital pictures. Not good enough; they want the king mattress shipped to them at my cost for their inspection (another $230). After delivery to them, they keep me waiting for a month before stating that the warranty is void due to urine stains on the mattress. Though there is one very minor blood stain, there are no urine stains--so much for the thoroughness of their inspection. I do not see on their warranty any mention of stains and voidance. And if the mattress requires no special care or protective pad, then isn't it inevitable that various stains (sweat, blood, tears, urine, etc.) will appear? It seems they invite stains to void the warranty.

Their next tactic is a tight time constraint. After taking a month to inspect, they are giving me one week (from Tuesday July 22) to decide whether I want the mattress returned, again at my expense. I have taken several photos on the day of shipment, and suspect they might even stain the mattress themselves before returning it to me. They are clearly throwing up every available obstacle, in the hope that I relent and walk away. Is there a potential case? Thanks to their time constraint, I need a response within 48 hours. Economic damage is ~$1,200 -- the cost of the mattress plus shipping.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bragada Mattress?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Bragada Mattress Company Profile