Blujay

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

As a business owner I am giving my review of them and their changes that are undesirable to anyone starting a business. Blujay is a website and a marketplace... cool concept but they're also suppose to be submitting individual businesses products to Google products which aren't seen. They have always been 100% free. Not anymore. Now they've introduced eBlujay which is still free to sign up but now they scam businesses expecting 10.00 to open your online business. The reason this is bad is because they should not be advertising free when it's not.

For customers shopping I am sorry they have bad service from stores because Blujay is hosting and businesses need to be held accountable for treating any customer badly. If you're paying for something you need to receive what you paid for. My online store ** I am strict on this policy. We sell everything from designer fragrances to candles and more and every customer is treated with respect and dignity. You will always receive what's paid for and the hosting marketplace site should not be at fault for bad business management of individual stores.

If only I had checked the site first. Absolute horrible online shopping experience. No way to really complain or to get a refund when ordered items are not sent. Stay away!!

I ordered an unfinished wooden sign (basically a sanded piece of wood) from a seller on blujay.com for $10 plus $9 shipping. Well, I never got the sign. A month later I contacted the seller, who apologized for the oversight and promised a tracking # the next day. Needless to say, another month has gone by, no tracking #, no sign... But she did take my money. I will NEVER order from this site again. I did not find a way to register a complaint with them. Without that or any type of rating system for buyers there is no way to gauge if the seller is reliable or not.

I purchased a replacement keyboard for my laptop. After over a week I tried to check with the vendor about a delivery status. I couldn't contact anyone, and nobody returned my inquiry. During the next week I tried to contact the vendor again & no response. I contacted PayPal, filed a complaint. Still no response. So I ordered another one from a different vendor. Then after 2+ weeks, I log back on to PayPal and find they have cancelled the complaint because my product has shipped. Upon reviewing the shipped date, it was after the 2-week mark & my multiple complaints. Blujay & the vendor didn't ship anything until PayPal threatened. DO NOT DO BUSINESS ON BLUJAY!

3 unauthorized transactions (using seller fdsfdg and buyer Myra **, and seller gfgdfgdfgsd and buyer Noel **) have been made under my PayPal using this website. The scammer has used my email address as their own and the first time they also managed to log into my PayPal and pay for the goods. PayPal stopped the money from going through once I contacted them, but it has happened again this morning. However, this time the scammer was not able to log in to my PayPal to pay for the goods as all details have been changed. However, they are still able to use my email address as their own. I have contacted www.blujay.com to tell them what is happening, but never got a reply. Both the seller and buyers' name have been removed from the website now, again.

I have reported the attacks to the IC3 and frozen my PayPal account. Still no reply from Blujay and no doubt this scammer will set up another fake seller and buyer, and try again. This website needs to be dealt with quickly and needs to start verifying their sellers and buyers by email confirmation to stop this kind of thing happening. Obviously, the website does not check the email address of their new sellers and buyers as I never received an email requesting a confirmation to prove the validity of the account. How many more people are being scammed using www.blujay.com as a medium?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueJay.com?

I have ordered Apple TV MD199LL/A (newest version) from Babytoys on Blujay.com. After waiting almost three weeks, it never arrived. There was no response to my several messages at all. Be careful.

I purchased weight equipment from Blujay.com from a seller. After waiting 3 weeks and 2 days, there was still no delivery. I have left several emails and still no answer, but they were quick to take your money. This website needs to check the people that put items for sale on here aren't crooks. Do no buy anything from here unless you just have money to blow.

I used Paypal to pay for a bottle of Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue for $42.00 from a seller's store called Mathewstore. When the person claimed the money from Paypal, the name was Say **. I waited weeks and never received the item or even an email from the seller. I contacted Bluejay.com on the matter and they never responded. I even looked up Say ** on Facebook and it turns out someone was using his name. He is a fisherman in Washington. I have sent many messages to Bluejay.com and they won't respond or even take the ad down for the item. He was still selling it until a week ago.

I purchased a navigation CD today and I paid for it. I didn’t think of checking to see if this website BlueJay was a scam until after I had purchased it. I just want to make sure that if they do scam me, I can be ahead of the game. What can I do to stay ahead of them and get my money back? The CD was $25.00. Please let me know. Thanks.

I ordered 35301 Medieval Chess Set from Blujay from the seller dkgiftsandcollectables on 12/12/11 and paid for it ($40). I have sent out messages to get info on when it was supposed to be shipped and I never received one. I also sent out multiple emails to dk gifts and Blujay about not receiving the product I ordered and I never received an email back.

It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for my fiance. I have called Paypal to get their info and the number they gave me was no longer in service. I have sent out over five emails and called two numbers. So today (2/12/12) I printed off all the emails I sent regarding the product I never received, explaining to D&K if I don't receive a refund I will be taking legal actions.

The chess set was only $40 but I am a college student and I can hardly make ends meet and that is a week's worth of food for me. It isn't right that Blujay lets people sell items off their website and then does nothing about it. I personally think Blujay should be sued.

Last Christmas I ordered a jersey for my 11-year old; it’s his number 1 gift on his wish list. I even contacted the seller via email in advance to find out what sizes they had since there wasn't any size detail. They said for me to put the size I needed in the instruction box and they would accommodate; they had every size. I made my purchase, an invoice was created, and my bank account was charged, but I never received the product. I’m still waiting! I continue to contact, but I get no response! Scammed!

Do not, I repeat, do not buy from bluejay.com. I saw an item I wanted, a L'Oreal brand holographic eyeshadow for 9.99 from googlebutts aka Regina ** total 12.54. I asked perpetrator about shipping but got no answer just an email from stupid Paypal, a company who can care less about you. Avoid if you have to, I got suspicious and googled "googlebutt scam". It is a scam and Paypal's review and reputation is just as bad hard to resolve. I filed to FBI internet crimes to avoid these people who know where the money is funding. Please be aware, do your research beforehand and think. Don't be an impulsive shopper. No lesson learned, instead teach many to prevent this from happening to them.

I purchased a receiver from BlueJay.com. After 3 days, I sent a follow-up email, since I never saw a confirmation on my purchase. Carla replied saying she was busy. And I was told the item would not be shipped for a week due to heavy traffic on the site. 14 days later, I followed up with the seller again. This time I was told the item was being shipped and would arrive in 7 days.

Carla never sent a follow-up with the shipping information, tracking number, etc. After 7 days, the item never arrived. I reached out again and was told it was shipped. She also said she would investigate but still would not provide any shipping details (receipt, tracking number, etc).

At this point I opened a claim with PayPal. It's been 3 days and she has not replied to the dispute. I searched for other complaints and found several others had a similar experience. I immediately went back to PayPal and escalated my dispute knowing my purchase was never going to arrive.

I have now a pending reimbursement from PayPal. I would like to see PayPal refuse payment to fraudulent vendors like BlueJay.com or at least warn the buyer of other fraudulent cases before accepting payment.

I purchased a Technics stereo receiver from her on June 14, 2011 through Bluejay.com. I paid her $120, shipping included. After weeks and weeks of delays and excuses, I finally received a broken, filthy, fisher receiver she was also selling. This receiver was going for $50. It is now August 31, 2011 and I still does not have a receiver. We have exchanged more than 70 emails, but in the last 2 weeks, there has been no response from her.

My husband ordered a DVD he had been looking for a long time. Having bought many items online before, I gave him the okay! Had I looked at the name before hand, I would have known, Walter **, scam artist out of Nigeria! He's made ABC news and 20/20 for scamming people! Paypal is supposed to protect consumers from this! They need to shut him down since they're the ones letting this happen! Twenty dollars here and there adds up over time and people, please read or google info about web sites before you purchase something, so this doesn't happen to anyone else again!

On July 9, I purchased a set of mixing bowls through blujay.com. I paid through PayPal (thankfully), and I have the invoice showing my payment was processed on the same day. It is August 19, and I still have not received the item, in spite of numerous attempts to contact blujay.com for help. I also looked up the seller's email through my PayPal account, and sent an email directly to the seller. Still, no luck. Today, I will contact PayPal to get a refund. I wish I had seen this website and the complaints listed before I decided to shop on blujay.com. Credit card charged but no merchandise received.

On May 20th, 2010, I purchased from Walter of Rockin Retro Flixx, the 'Complete Beetlejuice Cartoon Series 12 DVD Set'. The transaction was done through blujay.com, and I paid with PayPal. When he received the $19.00 payment, Mr. Walter emailed me that the payment had been received and processed, and that the DVD set would be sent out ASAP. This was on May 20th.

When I had not received my merchandise by Saturday, May 30th, I emailed Mr. Walter, requesting a shipping date. As of today, June 3rd, I still have not heard from Mr. Walter This morning, I sent Walter an email alerting him of the fact that I was on the verge of filing a complaint against him for fraud. I don't know his actual mailing address, but from what I've read on your site, you are very familiar with this man.

What can I do? Please advise. This DVD set was a gift to my daughter, who is suffering from a chronic, debilitating illness. She loves 'Beetlejuice' and was so happy and excited to be getting the DVDs. She is so hurt and disappointed. I don't suppose this qualifies as 'physical damage', but I can't afford to lose any hard earned money to this guy.

I ordered a movie in Nov. 2009. My bank received the check back on 12-2-2009. After countless emails about the whereabouts of the movie and no response, I decided to file a complaint. I see other people on the internet complaining of the same thing.

A positive conclusion to a nearly 2 and 1/2 month arbitration thanks in large part to consumeraffairs.com, with a passion to protect the consumer, ability to reach the public with timely information and a working relationship with consumer law advocates. Since about 8/8/09, I have been in an ongoing negotiation with a Walter, as, acting as, or representing Retro Flixx, to receive a DvD I purchased and paid for via the Blujay.com web site. Finally, on 10/20/09, the item purchased was received intact and as described from the seller as, acting as, or representing Retro Flixx. Bottom line: Consumers expect what they paid for in a timely manner in the condition advertised, or as promised. A satisfied customer tells a friend...but, a dissatisfied customer tells ten! Case resolved.

This is a secondary follow-up e-mail from the first one sent previously. I have been in an ongoing arbitration with a Mr. Walter U., as, or acting on behalf of Retro Flixx, since about 08/08/2009 when I ordered The Doberman Gang Set of 3 DvD's from him on-line via BLUJAY.COM. We negotiated a selling price of $25.00 which include shipping and handling charges. Mr. Walter U. assured me the item would promptly be sent as shown on the web page.

After promptly sending my money order for the negotiated amount of $25.00 and nearly two months of silence, stalling, e-mails which stated the "shipping department" was at fault or it was being checked at his end and he would attempt to get the tracking information to me, and then yesterday on 10/05/09 receiving the wrong DvD set (a four disk set, which I promptly sent back to Mr. Walter U. this morning on 10/06/09 at an additional personal expense), and filing a previous complaint with Consumer Affairs and also by contacting BLUJAY.COM (so far, to no avail), it appears Mr. Walter U. and/or Retro Flixx might finally be taking me seriously as I refuse to allow this to go unchallenged.

Mr. Walter U. is aware I have filed these complaints as I informed him via e-mail and that this was just for starters. My resolve to stay after it might just gain me the item I paid for nearly two months ago. Although I am still waiting for The Doberman Gang DvD Set, I can now prove Mr. Walter U., as, or acting as Retro Flixx exists and DvD's are being shipped from the mailing address on the BLUJAY.COM web page as I retained the manila shipping envelope with delivery confirmation number affixed.

My remedy thus far has been to demonstrate to Mr. Walter U., as, or acting as a representative for Retro Flixx, that this will simply not go away because of geography (he is in California and I am in Texas). I have seen one other complaint on your web site about a Mr. Walter U. via BlueJay.com, which is actually BLUJAY.COM., Katherine of Gaithersburg, MD September 18, 2009

Possibly what I have tried might assist this other consumer with success. Combined, two are stronger than one acting alone. My desire is for the seller to be prompt and honest on-line, and for the consumer to be treated with dignity while receiving the services promised for the negotiated price. Thank you.

Been nearly two months of on-going negotiations, aggravation, e-mail correspondence, and so far, all without receiving the item which was promised and paid for by me, the consumer. To date, I am out $25.00 and around $3.50 additional for a manila mailing envelope and postage to return a DvD set I never requested or ordered, sent in lieu of what was ordered and paid for. That does not count the loss of personal time to continue this nearly two month on-line negotiation process....

I purchased a copy of 'Shock Em Dead' DVD August 24, 2009. I used paypal and received a message on August 26th from the seller, Walter Urenda, that the DVD had been shipped. That was 23 days ago. I contacted the seller once, and he replied that he would try to get the tracking info for me. Several days went by without furthur word from him. I sent two more emails to the seller, without reply. I then went to complain on the website, with the same result, or rather no result. Who runs the site/ How can I make contact to explain my problem? I am feeling like a victim. The dollar amount in question is under 20 dollars, but it is a matter of the website and it's sellers acting responsibly.

Blujay Company Profile