BiggerBras.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I placed an order on Sept 12, with hopes of getting this bra by Sept 29. They said after placing this order it would ship in 2 days. I called them on Sept 27 to cancel the order because it still had not reached me and they told me it was just reaching the warehouse. I ordered a bra that I thought "was in stock." I've emailed several times (with a proper subject line as they suggest) and have left countless messages with all the pertinent information. I started calling for 2 days straight at 8:00 am as they say they are open, it goes straight to voice mail.

Another day they said they open at 9 am, and again, straight to voicemail. NO ONE has emailed back or called back (I've left messages in the mailbox of three of their agents in case someone is on leave, but no reply from either Vonnie, Tashina, or Joe. I'm wondering if these people exist). Anyone can have mailbox set up. I just want my refund back or a bra. Just need someone to respond or hear something from someone.

I am going to file a complaint with the FL Attorney General's Office (as the company is out of FL) since I have been charged $54.95 and have not received my product or a refund. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Like all of you, I don't have time for this nonsense, but this company should not be allowed to operate in this way. I wish I'd ordered elsewhere, but I'm going to hold them accountable for inexcusable business practices.

I wish I had read the poor reviews first, but I now know I'm not alone. I ordered two bras that were "in stock". Six weeks later my account with Bigger Bras still shows as "Pending". I've emailed several times (with a proper subject line as they suggest) and have left messages several times, all with the pertinent information. NO ONE has emailed back or called back (I've left messages in the mailbox of three of their agents in case someone is on leave, but no reply from either Vani, Tashina, or Joe. I just want to know if the bras are on their way, have yet to be ordered, are still in a warehouse --- just SOMETHING.

I am going to file a complaint with the FL Attorney General's Office (as the company is out of FL) since I have been charged $86.13 and have neither product nor explanation. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Like all of you, I don't have time for this nonsense, but this company should not be allowed to operate in this way. I wish I'd ordered elsewhere, but I'm going to hold them accountable for inexcusable business practices.

I've ordered 3 items for my beach vacation in the beginning of October. They did not answer my emails. They don't answer the phone as well. Their phone has the very outdated greeting messages, no live person to talk at any day, there is no general voice mail for the customer service, you have to know the staff member name to leave a voice mail. I left voice messages on all possible extensions - nobody called me back. In 10 days before my vacation I've received the automatic email, saying they don't have my items, and I need to call them to discuss the replacement or to cancel the order. No answers on my questions from my previous emails.

No way to cancel the order online, and no way to get touch with them over the phone. I'm complaining not because of delay or cancellation. I complain about the worst customer support I've ever seen. Do not order from this company, stay away from them! They don't have the items they offer on their website, and they don't have any way to communicate with them!

I ordered a bathing suit from BGB as I am a 40DD and it is very difficult to find any that fit my size. I found what I thought was going to be the "BEST BATHING SUIT EVER"..... To my dismay, after a month, I STILL hadn't received anything. So I looked at my order history on their site & it said "pending", PENDING! It's been a month already. So I called the number they have & NO ONE would answer. I called numerous times and the same thing, went to the answering machine. I think this company runs out of a basement of their house... I then went to Facebook & messaged them. I received a quick response from "KC" stating that she would check into it if I gave my order number. I thought, this is wonderful! NOT!!!

I then received an email stating that the 2 items that I ordered wouldn't be shipped out for 2-4 weeks. AND I WAS LEAVING ON THE 22nd (1 week away. I ordered a MONTH in advance so I would have it when I was leaving. THEN, I wrote to them explaining that was not going to be good enough that they should overnight it or 2 day shipping at the least.

THEN: today, I received another email from BGB stating that: "Order number ** was recently canceled by our customer service department. The items canceled are: Qty: 1 - Brand: Fantasie of England - Style: 5749-CHB - Color: China Blue - Size: 40DD. Qty: 1 - Brand: Fantasie of England - Style: 5757-CHB - Color: China Blue - Size: XL. We would still very much like to find a suitable item for you, we have many in-stock styles to choose from, so please re-visit our site at http://www.biggerbras.com/. You may also or browse for in-stock items in your size: Browse Size 40DD. Browse Size XL. We are very sorry that we were unable to complete your order for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 1-866-352-4494 or reply to this email."

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL BE SORRY! NEGATIVE 10 STARS FOR BGB. Thank God I wasn't charged. Or at least they haven't charged my account yet. I will keep monitoring it though.

I ordered three different bathing suits in hopes one would be flattering. All were disappointing, as they had no padding at all in the bikini tops and didn't fit well. After contacting them and seeing in the very fine print that returns were limited, I agreed to keep the best of the three suits and use my own pads in top. I returned the items with the tags attached and in the original bags and got a confirmation verification on my shipping. I got an email verifying that they were received and that I'd be receiving a $278 credit to my card.

That was two months ago. Got an email yesterday (after sending one every few weeks asking about the status) saying it had been issued to my card for $258.80 instead of the original emailed amount that should have been $278. I also saw that I had no posted or even pending credit on my credit card when I logged in. I sent an email once again stating there had been no credit issued to my card and the amount stated in the most recent email was incorrect. I should have listened to my gut and filed a dispute with my card company as soon as I verified they received the returns. I'm not sure what game they are playing, hoping you'll forget, or just keeping your money as long as possible to benefit. But I should have researched them better like I usually do when I order from a non-major retailer. No one should take "up to 60 days" to issue a refund!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BiggerBras.com?

Yup, they got me too. Purchased 2 bras that didn't fit, returned them, was promised credit, called several times throughout a 3-month period, received no credit back, filed dispute with credit card company.

I returned a bra that did not fit. Bigger Bras refused to give me a credit or a refund because they said it did not have all the original packaging. The manager, who was very offensive in a phone call, claimed that I was a liar because I told him I had not received the package insert. He claimed I had worn the bra and was now returning it which was crazy because it was miles too big for me. He refused to give me credit or refund. He offered to donate it so I asked for the donation credit and he refused to give it to me. So now I have paid for a bra I do not have. Big Girls Bras is a fraudulent company. Do not do business with them!

The bras I ordered were not sized correctly and required a return. I am still waiting for a refund after being told in May it would take a few months. In this day and age, that is ridiculous and their not refunding not only my money, but from the reviews, it appears like many others' money, this is bordering on theft.

I ordered 2 bras back in February. I only got one first and the next one came later. Immediately I tried it on and didn't like it. I packaged it back up with tags still on and ups-ed it straight back, hoping to get a refund. I wanted to make sure I got my refund before sending the second one back, but I didn't like that one either.

After about 3 weeks of not hearing from them even though I had tracked that they had received my return a week prior, I called and they said yes they just got it that day! And that now I was too late to get a refund!! I explained my concerns and how that wasn't right and she agreed to give a refund, but only for the first one.

If I were to return the second one I could only get store credit, which I didn't want so I just ate the cost and never returned it. Now, over 2 months and a lot of emails back and forth, I finally got credited back. I am VERY unhappy with this place and will never order from them again. The women seem rude, unfriendly and are not concerned with helping things move quicker. Terrible business!!!

I wear a 42 G, so needless to say - finding bras is a huge task for me. About one year ago a friend of mine recommended BiggerBras.com. I found a bra that I liked in my size so I ordered two. I understood that shipping was slow since they order from the manufacturer and then ship to you. I was happy with that purchase. Everything worked out great for me. About one month ago, I needed new bras, so I decided to order from BiggerBras.com again. I ordered the same bra I had bought two of and another from the same collection. I received a few emails letting me know they haven't forgotten about my order.

Then a few days ago, I get another email letting me know that the manufacturer hasn't shipped my order and that "At this time, we are re-ordering the item for you. We expect that the manufacturer will send us the item for you, once it arrives from their overseas factory. If your order is older than 90 days when the item arrives, you will receive another email asking for you to approve delivery." I don't have time for all of this. I need new bras now. If a site is going to display they have products in stock, but order them from the manufacturer - the communication between them and the manufacturer needs to be accurate. I'm very displeased with this service, but I'm thankful that I wasn't charged for this order otherwise that would be another hassle.

I ordered a bathing suit, it arrived and did not fit correctly. I returned it in the original package with tags attached and was informed that they do not do refunds - only store credit. I was given an opportunity to order different products for the same value. I ordered a new cheaper bathing suit, a sports bra and a tank top and should have still had money available (this first bathing suit was very expensive). The second bathing suit top arrived but I never got my tank top or sports bra. After months of being told the items were on back order and that I could order other items (but no one would tell me how much of a credit I had left). I ordered a second bra but NEVER heard anything until a few months later when I got an email saying my order was cancelled as the product is unavailable and that my credit card would not be charged (HELLO- I was spending my store credit). So now I have a store credit of who knows how much- and no products. I have been in constant contact with a customer service representative who is less than helpful. I'm guessing this will be an expensive lesson for me.

I ordered a bra from Bigger Bras the beginning of August. It is now the end of September & they cancelled the order, so I never received it. They did send emails a couple times to let me know there is a delay. I don't think they have bras stocked, will not order from them again.

After eight months of trying to find a bra to fit, couldn't find anything that met all my needs. The last bra I received the cup fit, but the band was a little tight so Vonnie suggested ordering bra extenders. It took three months to get those and the bra still did not fit comfortably. When I sent it back they wanted to charge a 15% restocking fee as I had the bra for 3 months - WHAT? Would not give me a refund - only a store credit. What good is that when they don't have a product that works for me. Had to contact my credit card company who provided me a full refund.

So I ordered a bra for a wedding from BiggerBras.com on May 9, and received it on May 15. It didn't fit, so I mailed it back on May 16 (with a tracking number since their return policy seemed ridiculous). It was received on May 19, but was not "checked in" until June 6. In fact, I think I would still be waiting had I not emailed them several times asking them about the status, as I knew it was there based on the USPS tracking number info. Slow is an understatement with this company. They first tried to give me store credit, which I neither wanted nor asked for. When I requested that they refund my money, I was told it would be one to two billing cycles. So essentially, one to two months to get back the money that I had to hand over right away for the purchase.

This company is awful. I think they are run out of someone's home because when you call, you get a REALLY old-fashioned answering machine message. It's a little sketchy, honestly. So to sum it all up, I am still waiting and I am sure I will continue to wait for my refund. It's hard to believe that a company that shows up at the top of the Google search page (in the unpaid section) is so crappy.

I ordered a torsolette bra and went by the sizing information on the website. When I got it instead of the 32" measurement under the cup that it was marked with, the bra measured 26.5". When I called, the woman on the phone said that it was standard that these bras had such a discrepancy!!!!? I had waited week for the thing to come and in a frenzy had to order another bra from someone else. (It was for a special event).

By the time I returned from traveling for the event, more than 15 days had passed. Also ordered bras for my daughter at the same time. I just got them (May 20 or so). They were ordered on April 22. I can't return any of the items because my invoice date was past the 15 day deadline. I will NEVER order from them again. Will tell everyone I know not to order from them. (Re below - Having an attorney involved would cost more money. I paid $130 for the order. People like this know that no one will take them to court because it would cost more money that they had lost in the first place).

If you do decide to buy anything from this company then be prepared to keep whatever you bought. If it doesn't fit, well that's too bad. Their return policy is outrageous! I purchased a bra. In my size. It didn't fit. I called to inquire about returning it. Vonnie gave me the ten minute run around. "Would you like to try another size? Another brand? Another item?" Finally after going over the entire website and not finding anything I wanted, she said she'd "put in a request" for a refund. Apparently you have to make 3.2 calls, when the moon is full, give your first born and the blood of a virgin to get a refund. Oh, and you have to wait two months. Needless to say I won't be shopping here. Ever.

Bigger Bras has the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with. I ordered 4 bras on sale from them, thinking I was getting a great deal at only $115 for all. One bra arrived on it's own over a week before the other 3. It was hard to get on, and was not very stretchy. I thought maybe it just needed to be washed - nope, it was just badly made. I needed a 34 waistband, and the one on the bra measured at 30 inches, and was barely stretchable to 32 inches. I was unable to return that one, as I had washed it - that was my mistake. So when the other 3 arrived, I exchanged them and simply requested a larger band size. I got a surprise charge of $38 from Bigger Bras upon returning them.

When I called and demanded to know what was going on, I was told that it was because when I bought they were on sale, but weren't on sale upon being exchanged. I complained to management about it, and they said they would refund my money. It took a week to get the refund, and it was only $22. When I got the exchanged bras the fit was all wrong. The cup size had completely changed and the band was still 2 inches smaller than it should have been. So, I mailed them back as a return. I waited a month after mailing them with no refund to my account before calling. Customer Service claims the bras never arrived (even though USPS tracking confirmed their delivery), so they are refusing to refund my $90 for those 3 bras. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

I ordered several bras from Bigger Bras (Big Girls Bras) back in July. Unlike others on here, I received a confirmation email for the order and then a follow up email with the items that were ready to ship and those on back order. Once I received the first shipment, I knew the bras weren't going to work, so I shipped them back. Unfortunately, part of the back order shipped before I could notify BGB not to ship them. I shipped the second order back...ALL unworn with tags on. I used UPS with signature required and they had received all my return items by the second week of August.

I waited and waited, had several conversations with Bonnie who assured me I would receive my credit in 1 to 2 billing cycles (?????). Didn't happen! I filed a dispute with my credit card company and just TODAY received an email from BGB that I would be receiving a credit for a lesser amount. I replied and told them the credit better be for the correct amount or my credit card company will continue with the dispute. TERRIBLE company! SHADY!! I've been advised to report them to the FL Atty. General's Office.

I ordered 2 bikinis (4 pieces total) about a month before I was going to be going to Jamaica on my honeymoon. 10 days before my wedding (2 weeks after I ordered them) I get 4 emails (one for each item) saying that the item I ordered was not in stock. They are a bit pricey, even when on sale, so I called to make sure my money was going to be returned to my debit card. They charged my card IMMEDIATELY after the online purchase, but never told me they didn't have the items or returned my money for 2 weeks! When I called to speak with someone about this, the lady on the phone was rude and actually hung up on me!! I will NEVER order from this company again and will definitely NOT recommend them!

Be very careful if ordering from this company - My bra size changed. I went to a local shop and tried on bras on a day when they had a promotion of one item for 20% off. I bought one but could not afford more at a full price. So I went online and found this company. On Black Friday, they had very good deals, and their website said the items were in stock. I ordered two. The next day (too late), I looked online and was shocked at how bad the company's reviews were. True to form they did not ship right away, but they immediately put through the charges. I was fortunate in that it was at the beginning of my credit card billing cycle.

I called two weeks later and asked about the items and they did call back the next day, said they had not been in stock but they would be shipped soon. I got them in just over three weeks. If you want to risk ordering with them for the good prices, order only what you already know will fit, and do so early in your billing cycle, so you can dispute the charges if the items do not arrive. And maybe calling after a couple of weeks to tell them that's your plan doesn't hurt either. I was lucky this time, but I doubt I'll take a chance again.

I ordered an item from BiggerBras.com on 7/24/12 and promptly returned it with a request for a refund because it did not fit. I called them in September and left a message. Vonnie returned my call and said that my request would be processed. I called again in October. Vonnie returned my call and assured me that my request would be processed. She did not know why it wasn't done already. She would call and let me know when to expect it. I finally received it on 12/5/12 - without a phone call. I found this website after the fact and wanted to let others know that they are still unreliable.

Like most everyone else here, I placed an order and found exactly what I wanted on the website, over a month ago. The bras were not listed as backordered items, so I emailed customer service. A week has gone by with no response, not even an automated response. The ship date for the order is listed as "NA". I'm not sure if that means that the items are backordered or discontinued and just not going to ship at all. Now I have to check when this was charged to see about disputing it, now that I read all the reviews here.

My refund was not provided after 6 weeks. I purchased a swimsuit from this company the latter part of June 2012, and shipped it back to the same day it arrived, as it did not fit. This suit was never worn, and the tags never removed. Their website states that returns are refunded, minus the shipping charges. I waited 2 weeks or so to see if I received credit back to my credit card. I did not. When I called, the woman on the phone said that I would get my credit, but I had to wait for their billing cycle?! Okay, I waited.

I checked back a week or so later to see that a credit appears on their website, on my "account" with them in the form of a store credit. This is not what I wanted, nor what is stated on the website. I called again. The same woman (this must be a business run out of someone's home) says that I now have to wait for the shipping department to okay the final credit before it is put back onto my card?! I called again yesterday, August 13th, and left a message. I have not heard from them, nor have I received a credit. I am now dealing with the credit card company to remedy this situation. Buyers beware! Despite the positive reviews, this company is extremely untrustworthy. Recommended by Oprah?! I doubt that Oprah Winfrey would want to be affiliated with such a shady company!

I have had the same experience as the other negative reviewers here. I ordered a number of items. All but two of them turned out to be on backorder. I too waited weeks and still did not receive the backordered items. I finally cancelled the entire order and returned the two items I had received. I did return my items within the specified time frame in their return policy. I have yet to receive my refund. First, I was told they had issued a credit for other merchandise. I said I specifically requested a refund on my return slip. Despite numerous phone calls and emails, it is now 6 weeks later and still a refund has not been issued. I just put the charge in dispute with my credit company and am about to issue a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. These people are scammers and this company clearly must have a cash flow problem if they aren't willing to refund people for merchandise, which was returned.

When I was searching the internet for bras in my size, the biggerbras.com appeared all the time, and since they offered a huge range of different styles from well-known manufacturers, and also offered lower prices than many other companies, I placed an order. I was informed that the items I ordered were on backorder and were to be sent in 3-4 weeks.

After 5 weeks the bras had still not arrived, so I emailed the company to ask what happened. The answer I got was that the bras now were on "extended backorder" and that biggerbras.com could not even tell me when they could send the bras! This was due to problems with the manufacturers, who should have to "make the bras" and then send them to biggerbras before biggerbras could send them to me.

When I asked how long that would take, they had no answer at all. Isn't it very hard to believe that such well-established manufacturers should be out of stock and not even be able to tell when an item should be available again? The girl at the customers support was very rude and did not seem interested in helping me at all. I canceled my order and pointed out that I was very disappointed with their (non-existent) service.

After this experience I researched the company and found lots and lots of customer reviews from other disappointed customers, and I just wish I had read these before placing an order at the biggerbras.com. I could have bought these bras someplace else and had them within a few days instead of waiting and waiting for something that never appeared and having to get in touch with the terrible "customers-support-girl" at biggerbras. Beware of biggerbras.com, I would say!

I ordered a bra and sent it back. I got a phone call message asking if I wanted a different bra. I tried to call back and got nothing. I sent an email and got nothing. Now, the phone number appears to be no longer working. I am assuming that I am just out that money.

The company sent me a bra and it didn't fit correctly. I promptly sent it back. There is no record of them receiving the package, no store credit, and no correspondence back from the company at all.

Stay away from this company! I did not receive store credit and I can't contact a person. There's no response to email as well.

I ordered a two piece swim suit. No where did I see on the website any information stating that you would receive store credit only if returning an item. The items were returned because they did not fit. When I called the 800 number to discuss the return, the customer service person said that I should call to have the credit placed on my card. When I called (almost a month later), they said they had no record of the item being returned. I am probably out $80 or so. I ought to have more thoroughly researched this company's practices.

I, too, have had problems with Bigger Bras. While they have a nice selection, many of their items are on back order. Back order they claim will be 4-6 weeks. So not the case! I ordered from them a few years back when they were called Big Girl Bras.com. I ordered a strapless bra late in Spring 2009, and had to call them after 3 months to inquire its whereabouts. I was told it was still on back order. On January 2010, I finally received an email stating the bra was in, and would I still like it. Unfortunately, it had been so long that I no longer used that particular email address and when I didn't respond within a week the sale was voided. The saleswoman (when you call) has zero personality and was no help whatsoever. I believe she knows she has the monopoly, as far as the online bra department is concerned. Too bad, I'll find something else. I refuse to order from them again.

When you are looking for large-sized bras on the internet one company keeps turning up, BiggerBras or BigGirlBras. They seem to have a great selection and very low prices. They had some brands and styles that I was having a hard time finding elsewhere. One thing that really bothered me; they did not offer refunds for returned merchandise, only store credit. You had to agree to this to do business with them.

I ordered quite a few bras in early 2009. I noticed that their postage charges were higher than usual. Most of the bras I wanted were on back-order, but I got one or two. The packaging the bra came in was very shop-worn but the bra itself was o.k. Unlike most companies, BiggerBras.com charges your card at the time of the order for back-ordered items. Hmm.

For four months, the bulk of my order continued to be out of stock. I was told a number of times it was going to be in shortly, but it never was. After four months, I was sent an email telling me the order was cancelled, with no mention of a refund. I had to call to ask for one. They tell me that this is their policy. They did give me a refund when I asked. Whew! When I asked why they didn't get the merchandise, they said that two well-established manufacturers were out of stock or wouldn't ship the merchandise for four months. Hmm.

Around this time I found thirty complaints against BiggerBras at the Better Business Bureau's website. On the postive side, the people I spoke to there were always intelligent and polite. When they didn't pick up the phone immediately, they called me back in a timely manner. I've thought about it a lot and I still don't know, is this a real company? If I had it to do over again, I would not waste four months waiting for BiggerBras to fulfill this order.

Eventually I found two companies that had the bras I wanted. Both of these companies shipped the needed merchandise within days of my placing my order. Neither one has pulled anything funny. They both will use the shipper and shipping method I prefer, which is NOT UPS.

In my search I also found some companies that I prefered to avoid. There are a number of online lingere stores that sell large-size bras, but which have overly restrictive return policies or use shipping methods and companies I do not like or which they will not specify. Some of these companies also seem to be kind of shady, or do not return communications. I never actually completed a transaction with these companies, so I'm not going to name them, but just watch out.

From past experience, another problematic company that sells large-size bras is WomanWithin formerly Lane Bryant Catalog. They also own a lot of other companies too, like OneStopPlus, etc. Their parent company is Red Cats. These companies bomb you with catalogs. They charged me a lot of money for 2nd Day Air UPS but sent the stuff Parcel Post, which took up to eight weeks. Then they got out of refunding the difference in postage by a series of Machiavellian maneuvers. I'd try to avoid WomanWithin and her sister companies. It's worth checking into whether a company selling large-sized bras is one of them. It often is.

Happy shopping, and good luck. May my experience save you from wasting your time when you are trying to get these much needed items.

BiggerBras.com Company Profile