1.06/5
  • 1 star
Based on 34 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 10, 2017

39 Big Girls Bras Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Garments NEVER received. On 2nd July 2017 I purchased 3 bras from BIG GIRLS BRAS online. I received acknowledgment several times. On 24th July I noticed in my bank statement $14# had been presented. Not the full amount which was $188. (Which includes shipping.) I contacted my bank which were most helpful. I had to change my credit card, (a lot of trouble!) and get back to them in 10 days, just to see if they didn't arrive. Today I called them, and they (NAB) are going to put a dispute towards the company. I do hope I get some action. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I ordered a bustier bra for my wedding dress on 5/31/17, and they immediately took my money. I received a confirmation of my order and then nothing else. I kept emailing and calling them with no response so I called my bank on 6/14/17 and filed a complaint and got a temporary refund of my money. After I did this, I received an email from them saying my order would be delivered 6/18/17, but of course I did not receive it until the end of the following week. After all of this, I had to return the product within 15 days of invoice receipt, which I did, and then it took forever for them to refund my money.

On 7/7/17, I received notice that it was a store credit, even though their return policy states otherwise. Then finally on 7/17/17, they notified me they had refunded the money (less s&h of course) back to my card which showed up on 7/19/17. I would never ever buy anything from this company. Terrible customer service and it seems they are just trying to get your money without sending product unless you start harassing them, which I shouldn't have had to do.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Bought a bra from Big Girls Bras; however, returned because the material was lace and I'm allergic to lace. Called to find out if the bra was received. Was informed yes and that a refund would be on my credit card in two weeks. It's been over 30 days and no refund so far. Called Big Girls Bras and kept getting a recording to leave a message; they haven't returned my phone calls. Have sent emails, have not received any correspondence. Guess, I should kiss my $166 cost for one bra goodbye...

Original review: March 22, 2017

Was just getting ready to click "order" when I noticed that it said "most orders ship in 3-4 weeks". What??? Who takes that long to ship a bra? Then I saw all of the negative reviews. So glad I did not get sucked into this company. Also, they offered to send me a 15% coupon code if I subscribed. When I put in the code it said it didn't work on the bra I was buying. What a scam. Dodged another one!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

No customer service to speak of. I've called & left messages, more than once in this year - I've emailed in May of last year, & twice in one day this year. Never got any inkling of a response thru email, nor phone. As for the two emails I did today, they both came back as delivery failure. Said the mailbox was full. As a practice, I don't buy anything from anyone whose communication is totally absent, or misleading, or really just goes on a spiel about how great their seller site is, & totally avoids answering my questions. So I didn't have the unfortunate experience of buying something that didn't fit, nor never arrived, etc. I do not recommend buying from this site, nor even bothering to try to communicate in any form with them. I'm on a search to find a real site for bras for the big breasted. Anyone here find any?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Big Girls Bras?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

On January 16th 2017 I placed an on-line order for a bra. My account was promptly debited. I never received the bra. I called and e-mailed this fraudulent business on Feb 7, 2017 and finally got an e-mail stating that they had recently moved and would get back to me within 24 hours. Didn't happen, so I replied to the e-mail on Feb 10th to inquire about my order and got a "Delivery Denied" response. Have contacted my bank, and will be contacting the Department of Consumer Affairs in CA on Monday. My bad, for not reading the earlier complaints. Hopefully I'll be able to recover the money that they took. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

On December 23rd. I placed an order for 2 bras. I haven't received them yet. I called the number that is listed but I never get an answer. I emailed them twice but they haven't replied back. I see that they took $90.00 out of my account on January 7th. I'm going to talk to my bank today to see if I can get a credit to my card. No more ordering online for me.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I place a order with this company on Nov. 7, 2016. Was told will be shipped in 7-10 days. Never received it. Nor heard from them as of today, which is Dec. 6, 2016. I am very unhappy at this time. This was a big need for us BGB or Big Girls Bra.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I placed an order on Sept 12, with hopes of getting this bra by Sept 29. They said after placing this order it would ship in 2 days. I called them on Sept 27 to cancel the order because it still had not reached me and they told me it was just reaching the warehouse. I ordered a bra that I thought "was in stock." I've emailed several times (with a proper subject line as they suggest) and have left countless messages with all the pertinent information. I started calling for 2 days straight at 8:00 am as they say they are open, it goes straight to voice mail.

Another day they said they open at 9 am, and again, straight to voicemail. NO ONE has emailed back or called back (I've left messages in the mailbox of three of their agents in case someone is on leave, but no reply from either Vonnie, Tashina, or Joe. I'm wondering if these people exist). Anyone can have mailbox set up. I just want my refund back or a bra. Just need someone to respond or hear something from someone.

I am going to file a complaint with the FL Attorney General's Office (as the company is out of FL) since I have been charged $54.95 and have not received my product or a refund. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Like all of you, I don't have time for this nonsense, but this company should not be allowed to operate in this way. I wish I'd ordered elsewhere, but I'm going to hold them accountable for inexcusable business practices.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I wish I had read the poor reviews first, but I now know I'm not alone. I ordered two bras that were "in stock". Six weeks later my account with Bigger Bras still shows as "Pending". I've emailed several times (with a proper subject line as they suggest) and have left messages several times, all with the pertinent information. NO ONE has emailed back or called back (I've left messages in the mailbox of three of their agents in case someone is on leave, but no reply from either Vani, Tashina, or Joe. I just want to know if the bras are on their way, have yet to be ordered, are still in a warehouse --- just SOMETHING.

I am going to file a complaint with the FL Attorney General's Office (as the company is out of FL) since I have been charged $86.13 and have neither product nor explanation. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Like all of you, I don't have time for this nonsense, but this company should not be allowed to operate in this way. I wish I'd ordered elsewhere, but I'm going to hold them accountable for inexcusable business practices.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

I've ordered 3 items for my beach vacation in the beginning of October. They did not answer my emails. They don't answer the phone as well. Their phone has the very outdated greeting messages, no live person to talk at any day, there is no general voice mail for the customer service, you have to know the staff member name to leave a voice mail. I left voice messages on all possible extensions - nobody called me back. In 10 days before my vacation I've received the automatic email, saying they don't have my items, and I need to call them to discuss the replacement or to cancel the order. No answers on my questions from my previous emails.

No way to cancel the order online, and no way to get touch with them over the phone. I'm complaining not because of delay or cancellation. I complain about the worst customer support I've ever seen. Do not order from this company, stay away from them! They don't have the items they offer on their website, and they don't have any way to communicate with them!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I ordered a bathing suit from BGB as I am a 40DD and it is very difficult to find any that fit my size. I found what I thought was going to be the "BEST BATHING SUIT EVER"..... To my dismay, after a month, I STILL hadn't received anything. So I looked at my order history on their site & it said "pending", PENDING! It's been a month already. So I called the number they have & NO ONE would answer. I called numerous times and the same thing, went to the answering machine. I think this company runs out of a basement of their house... I then went to Facebook & messaged them. I received a quick response from "KC" stating that she would check into it if I gave my order number. I thought, this is wonderful! NOT!!!

I then received an email stating that the 2 items that I ordered wouldn't be shipped out for 2-4 weeks. AND I WAS LEAVING ON THE 22nd (1 week away. I ordered a MONTH in advance so I would have it when I was leaving. THEN, I wrote to them explaining that was not going to be good enough that they should overnight it or 2 day shipping at the least.

THEN: today, I received another email from BGB stating that: "Order number ** was recently canceled by our customer service department. The items canceled are: Qty: 1 - Brand: Fantasie of England - Style: 5749-CHB - Color: China Blue - Size: 40DD. Qty: 1 - Brand: Fantasie of England - Style: 5757-CHB - Color: China Blue - Size: XL. We would still very much like to find a suitable item for you, we have many in-stock styles to choose from, so please re-visit our site at http://www.biggerbras.com/. You may also or browse for in-stock items in your size: Browse Size 40DD. Browse Size XL. We are very sorry that we were unable to complete your order for you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service department at 1-866-352-4494 or reply to this email."

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, YOU WILL BE SORRY! NEGATIVE 10 STARS FOR BGB. Thank God I wasn't charged. Or at least they haven't charged my account yet. I will keep monitoring it though.

Original review: April 27, 2016

I ordered three different bathing suits in hopes one would be flattering. All were disappointing, as they had no padding at all in the bikini tops and didn't fit well. After contacting them and seeing in the very fine print that returns were limited, I agreed to keep the best of the three suits and use my own pads in top. I returned the items with the tags attached and in the original bags and got a confirmation verification on my shipping. I got an email verifying that they were received and that I'd be receiving a $278 credit to my card.

That was two months ago. Got an email yesterday (after sending one every few weeks asking about the status) saying it had been issued to my card for $258.80 instead of the original emailed amount that should have been $278. I also saw that I had no posted or even pending credit on my credit card when I logged in. I sent an email once again stating there had been no credit issued to my card and the amount stated in the most recent email was incorrect. I should have listened to my gut and filed a dispute with my card company as soon as I verified they received the returns. I'm not sure what game they are playing, hoping you'll forget, or just keeping your money as long as possible to benefit. But I should have researched them better like I usually do when I order from a non-major retailer. No one should take "up to 60 days" to issue a refund!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

Yup, they got me too. Purchased 2 bras that didn't fit, returned them, was promised credit, called several times throughout a 3-month period, received no credit back, filed dispute with credit card company.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

I returned a bra that did not fit. Bigger Bras refused to give me a credit or a refund because they said it did not have all the original packaging. The manager, who was very offensive in a phone call, claimed that I was a liar because I told him I had not received the package insert. He claimed I had worn the bra and was now returning it which was crazy because it was miles too big for me. He refused to give me credit or refund. He offered to donate it so I asked for the donation credit and he refused to give it to me. So now I have paid for a bra I do not have. Big Girls Bras is a fraudulent company. Do not do business with them!

Original review: July 30, 2015

The bras I ordered were not sized correctly and required a return. I am still waiting for a refund after being told in May it would take a few months. In this day and age, that is ridiculous and their not refunding not only my money, but from the reviews, it appears like many others' money, this is bordering on theft.

Original review: May 23, 2015
I ordered 2 bras back in February. I only got one first and the next one came later. Immediately I tried it on and didn't like it. I packaged it back up with tags still on and ups-ed it straight back, hoping to get a refund. I wanted to make sure I got my refund before sending the second one back, but I didn't like that one either.

After about 3 weeks of not hearing from them even though I had tracked that they had received my return a week prior, I called and they said yes they just got it that day! And that now I was too late to get a refund!! I explained my concerns and how that wasn't right and she agreed to give a refund, but only for the first one.

If I were to return the second one I could only get store credit, which I didn't want so I just ate the cost and never returned it. Now, over 2 months and a lot of emails back and forth, I finally got credited back. I am VERY unhappy with this place and will never order from them again. The women seem rude, unfriendly and are not concerned with helping things move quicker. Terrible business!!!

Original review: May 8, 2015

I wear a 42 G, so needless to say - finding bras is a huge task for me. About one year ago a friend of mine recommended BiggerBras.com. I found a bra that I liked in my size so I ordered two. I understood that shipping was slow since they order from the manufacturer and then ship to you. I was happy with that purchase. Everything worked out great for me. About one month ago, I needed new bras, so I decided to order from BiggerBras.com again. I ordered the same bra I had bought two of and another from the same collection. I received a few emails letting me know they haven't forgotten about my order.

Then a few days ago, I get another email letting me know that the manufacturer hasn't shipped my order and that "At this time, we are re-ordering the item for you. We expect that the manufacturer will send us the item for you, once it arrives from their overseas factory. If your order is older than 90 days when the item arrives, you will receive another email asking for you to approve delivery." I don't have time for all of this. I need new bras now. If a site is going to display they have products in stock, but order them from the manufacturer - the communication between them and the manufacturer needs to be accurate. I'm very displeased with this service, but I'm thankful that I wasn't charged for this order otherwise that would be another hassle.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2014

I ordered a bathing suit, it arrived and did not fit correctly. I returned it in the original package with tags attached and was informed that they do not do refunds - only store credit. I was given an opportunity to order different products for the same value. I ordered a new cheaper bathing suit, a sports bra and a tank top and should have still had money available (this first bathing suit was very expensive). The second bathing suit top arrived but I never got my tank top or sports bra. After months of being told the items were on back order and that I could order other items (but no one would tell me how much of a credit I had left). I ordered a second bra but NEVER heard anything until a few months later when I got an email saying my order was cancelled as the product is unavailable and that my credit card would not be charged (HELLO- I was spending my store credit). So now I have a store credit of who knows how much- and no products. I have been in constant contact with a customer service representative who is less than helpful. I'm guessing this will be an expensive lesson for me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2014

I ordered a bra from Bigger Bras the beginning of August. It is now the end of September & they cancelled the order, so I never received it. They did send emails a couple times to let me know there is a delay. I don't think they have bras stocked, will not order from them again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2014

After eight months of trying to find a bra to fit, couldn't find anything that met all my needs. The last bra I received the cup fit, but the band was a little tight so Vonnie suggested ordering bra extenders. It took three months to get those and the bra still did not fit comfortably. When I sent it back they wanted to charge a 15% restocking fee as I had the bra for 3 months - WHAT? Would not give me a refund - only a store credit. What good is that when they don't have a product that works for me. Had to contact my credit card company who provided me a full refund.

Original review: June 18, 2014

So I ordered a bra for a wedding from BiggerBras.com on May 9, and received it on May 15. It didn't fit, so I mailed it back on May 16 (with a tracking number since their return policy seemed ridiculous). It was received on May 19, but was not "checked in" until June 6. In fact, I think I would still be waiting had I not emailed them several times asking them about the status, as I knew it was there based on the USPS tracking number info. Slow is an understatement with this company. They first tried to give me store credit, which I neither wanted nor asked for. When I requested that they refund my money, I was told it would be one to two billing cycles. So essentially, one to two months to get back the money that I had to hand over right away for the purchase.

This company is awful. I think they are run out of someone's home because when you call, you get a REALLY old-fashioned answering machine message. It's a little sketchy, honestly. So to sum it all up, I am still waiting and I am sure I will continue to wait for my refund. It's hard to believe that a company that shows up at the top of the Google search page (in the unpaid section) is so crappy.

Original review: May 30, 2014

I ordered a torsolette bra and went by the sizing information on the website. When I got it instead of the 32" measurement under the cup that it was marked with, the bra measured 26.5". When I called, the woman on the phone said that it was standard that these bras had such a discrepancy!!!!? I had waited week for the thing to come and in a frenzy had to order another bra from someone else. (It was for a special event).

By the time I returned from traveling for the event, more than 15 days had passed. Also ordered bras for my daughter at the same time. I just got them (May 20 or so). They were ordered on April 22. I can't return any of the items because my invoice date was past the 15 day deadline. I will NEVER order from them again. Will tell everyone I know not to order from them. (Re below - Having an attorney involved would cost more money. I paid $130 for the order. People like this know that no one will take them to court because it would cost more money that they had lost in the first place).

Original review: May 30, 2014

If you do decide to buy anything from this company then be prepared to keep whatever you bought. If it doesn't fit, well that's too bad. Their return policy is outrageous! I purchased a bra. In my size. It didn't fit. I called to inquire about returning it. Vonnie gave me the ten minute run around. "Would you like to try another size? Another brand? Another item?" Finally after going over the entire website and not finding anything I wanted, she said she'd "put in a request" for a refund. Apparently you have to make 3.2 calls, when the moon is full, give your first born and the blood of a virgin to get a refund. Oh, and you have to wait two months. Needless to say I won't be shopping here. Ever.

Original review: March 7, 2014

Bigger Bras has the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with. I ordered 4 bras on sale from them, thinking I was getting a great deal at only $115 for all. One bra arrived on it's own over a week before the other 3. It was hard to get on, and was not very stretchy. I thought maybe it just needed to be washed - nope, it was just badly made. I needed a 34 waistband, and the one on the bra measured at 30 inches, and was barely stretchable to 32 inches. I was unable to return that one, as I had washed it - that was my mistake. So when the other 3 arrived, I exchanged them and simply requested a larger band size. I got a surprise charge of $38 from Bigger Bras upon returning them.

When I called and demanded to know what was going on, I was told that it was because when I bought they were on sale, but weren't on sale upon being exchanged. I complained to management about it, and they said they would refund my money. It took a week to get the refund, and it was only $22. When I got the exchanged bras the fit was all wrong. The cup size had completely changed and the band was still 2 inches smaller than it should have been. So, I mailed them back as a return. I waited a month after mailing them with no refund to my account before calling. Customer Service claims the bras never arrived (even though USPS tracking confirmed their delivery), so they are refusing to refund my $90 for those 3 bras. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2013

I ordered several bras from Bigger Bras (Big Girls Bras) back in July. Unlike others on here, I received a confirmation email for the order and then a follow up email with the items that were ready to ship and those on back order. Once I received the first shipment, I knew the bras weren't going to work, so I shipped them back. Unfortunately, part of the back order shipped before I could notify BGB not to ship them. I shipped the second order back...ALL unworn with tags on. I used UPS with signature required and they had received all my return items by the second week of August.

I waited and waited, had several conversations with Bonnie who assured me I would receive my credit in 1 to 2 billing cycles (?????). Didn't happen! I filed a dispute with my credit card company and just TODAY received an email from BGB that I would be receiving a credit for a lesser amount. I replied and told them the credit better be for the correct amount or my credit card company will continue with the dispute. TERRIBLE company! SHADY!! I've been advised to report them to the FL Atty. General's Office.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2013

I ordered 2 bikinis (4 pieces total) about a month before I was going to be going to Jamaica on my honeymoon. 10 days before my wedding (2 weeks after I ordered them) I get 4 emails (one for each item) saying that the item I ordered was not in stock. They are a bit pricey, even when on sale, so I called to make sure my money was going to be returned to my debit card. They charged my card IMMEDIATELY after the online purchase, but never told me they didn't have the items or returned my money for 2 weeks! When I called to speak with someone about this, the lady on the phone was rude and actually hung up on me!! I will NEVER order from this company again and will definitely NOT recommend them!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2012

Be very careful if ordering from this company - My bra size changed. I went to a local shop and tried on bras on a day when they had a promotion of one item for 20% off. I bought one but could not afford more at a full price. So I went online and found this company. On Black Friday, they had very good deals, and their website said the items were in stock. I ordered two. The next day (too late), I looked online and was shocked at how bad the company's reviews were. True to form they did not ship right away, but they immediately put through the charges. I was fortunate in that it was at the beginning of my credit card billing cycle.

I called two weeks later and asked about the items and they did call back the next day, said they had not been in stock but they would be shipped soon. I got them in just over three weeks. If you want to risk ordering with them for the good prices, order only what you already know will fit, and do so early in your billing cycle, so you can dispute the charges if the items do not arrive. And maybe calling after a couple of weeks to tell them that's your plan doesn't hurt either. I was lucky this time, but I doubt I'll take a chance again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2012

I ordered an item from BiggerBras.com on 7/24/12 and promptly returned it with a request for a refund because it did not fit. I called them in September and left a message. Vonnie returned my call and said that my request would be processed. I called again in October. Vonnie returned my call and assured me that my request would be processed. She did not know why it wasn't done already. She would call and let me know when to expect it. I finally received it on 12/5/12 - without a phone call. I found this website after the fact and wanted to let others know that they are still unreliable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2012

Like most everyone else here, I placed an order and found exactly what I wanted on the website, over a month ago. The bras were not listed as backordered items, so I emailed customer service. A week has gone by with no response, not even an automated response. The ship date for the order is listed as "NA". I'm not sure if that means that the items are backordered or discontinued and just not going to ship at all. Now I have to check when this was charged to see about disputing it, now that I read all the reviews here.

Big Girls Bras Company Information