1.35/5
  • 1 star
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 28, 2017

35 Bidz.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have won several items before the Bidz Auction was under new ownership and I have won additional items with the new owner of Bidz.com. I really don't think they have the items to sell after you win an item, because it always take more than 30 days to get the items and you have to contact Bidz Auction before they even give you any kind of status update of your order. Just to make you feel better they can only offer you free expedited service after they have contacted their suppliers. On October 28, 2017, I won two items and had to follow up again with customer service manager Grinn and Amanda ** on November 15, 2017, and again on November 27, 2017. I was promised the order would be here by November 8, 2017.

As of November 27, 2017, I cancelled the order because they still have no idea where my order is or how to resolve the problem. I even tried to get upper management involved with my complaint and the customer service manager would not provide me with the owner's name or a higher level manager name. I even told customer service manager that I have been calling them every day at different times and the telephone number they have listed is very seldom answered. Most of the time you are on hold for a very long time and then it goes to voicemail and you leave a message and they don't return your call.

On November 28, 2017, I even check to see if the order have been canceled and the order status shows open 10/28/17, even after I have spoken with the customer service manager Grinn. If you get lucky and they answer their phone their excuse is they are very busy and backlog with emails and phone calls. The best suggestion that I can make is buyers be aware of some of they are auctioning off, because some of items are cheaper elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I won several items on one of their auctions, I paid for the items and then they told me they were going to hold my money until I could prove who I am. I then canceled the items and have been try to get me credited back to my account. I call them every day several times and they do not answer, I email them several times a day and they do not answer. I did reach a female named Amanda 3 times and each time she told me my account has been credited, each time was a lie. This has been going on the beginning of November. Please help me!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I won a Roberto Cavalli watch some time ago, and I have just received it. It looks much more impressive in real. Not to mention I had doubts what's it gonna look as I got it for a good price, but I don't have doubts now. Happy customer.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have been dealing with Bidz.com for many years and have always found them great. However I had two orders totaling over $1000 Australian dollars go missing in June. They were eventually returned to Bidz and apparently when they tried to resend them they went missing again and were once again returned to them. In September they advised me they would be refunding my money but to date I have received nothing. They don't answer emails and you can't get through on the phone as their mailbox is always full!!! I would seriously recommend that you avoid dealing with Bidz in case like me you are left trying to recover your money that is owed. I am now left with no option but to contact my lawyers!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have been buying jewelry from Bidz for years and I am happy that I still get it for really great deals. Shipping out times may be quite long but I never had problems ordering physical jewelry which ships fast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bidz.com?

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have written before and now I am compelled to write again. I gave Bidz another try because before new ownership took over they had great customer service, the items were pretty much as described and they didn't have fake bidders that up the price. Since, I placed a couple of orders that took forever to get here. I noticed they are using different "fake bidder" names now.

Beware of **. If you watch who is bidding you will soon realize what is going on. For example: "**" was one of three fake bidders in the recent past. Magically, it is gone and replaced with **. Nobody can tell me this is a real person. Nobody bids on hundreds of thousands of dollars in a week, appears to outbid and "win" every time and continues to do this. Buyers would go to a direct outlet and distributor, just as Bidz does so none of it makes sense unless you come to the same conclusion. I no longer order from them because it insults my intelligence to buy from them.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I bought four watches on 5/24/2017 and they were delivered 6/10/2017, these were listed 2-3 days shipping but after 5-days they bought themselves time by telling me the item were not available while live bids on the same items were still going on. Long story short today is 6/26/2017 and the items stop working, I set the time with them still in the cases after I notice one that I were going to use would (STOP/START) working after 3-4 hrs, stop and start back again. Now all are doing the same and can't keep up to the time. VERY ANGRY.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Things you should know before you buy on Bidz. Bidz is just a platform for Sellers (mostly China) to dump their products. Some of the brands on Bidz were created for these types of auction sites and the only place you will find them is on eBay, Amazon or other online auction sites. They are just made up brands. The only items Bidz has in their possession are the items marked for next day shipping. Yes Bidz uses bots to bid up to the minimum price wanted by the seller. A watch or piece of jewelry is only worth about 9% of what Bidz states the retail value is. Don't go by what you see on eBay. They are just trying to unload the crap they got suckered in buying on Bidz. Most of their jewelry comes from China, hence the long wait for shipping.

Beware when buying gold or 925 jewelry. I have bought items marked sterling silver and 14k gold and both were just plated. This is not true in all cases, depending on who made the jewelry but a lot of times it is. Diamonds may or may not be real. They do sell counterfeit name brands. (Bidz does not actually sell them, it's just a platform for others to sell them. Kind of like eBay except you do not know where your items are coming from.) Last but not least, the pictures of the jewelry on Bidz will look 100 times better than what you will actually receive.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I ordered on November 28, 2016 few items because of the deal "Buy over $350 and get free diamond studs." I ordered $380 and used my coupon from previous purchase $20 off. The total amount was $360. On the coupon and also on the deal nowhere stated that you can use one or both. I called the Customer Service and they told me that I can place the order, use the coupon and if is over $350 they will send me the studs for free. I received the order in two parts. When I received the first package there was no studs inside. I called the Customer Service and they told me that I going to received them with second package. When I received the second package, same thing -- no studs. I called the Customer Service and very unpleasant and unprofessional manager (I think his name is Mike) told me that I can use one or another. He doesn't want to explain to him, he was interrupting me all the time and hang up the phone. Terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Many years ago I 'won' several items and all were as promised. Apparently, they changed hands. Today while bidding at the end of an auction I noticed they turn back the expiration time. If you think you've won an item like the other reviewers said, as the bid goes higher, the clocks keeps getting reset. AND yes I agree it's only on higher price items.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I ordered a watch for my boyfriend for christmas. It was suppose to have real diamonds. It was fake. I took it to have it looked at and it was indeed fake. I sent the merchandise back and expected to have my refund and they told me I have to wait until after christmas to receive my money. Very upsetting. DO NOT BUY.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I have purchased a watch, after winning waited over 3 weeks then called, I was told it will be shipped. After 2 weeks got email and now I they told watch they put in auction is not available. Now they are shipping me same company different watch. Around 2 months. Still waiting for it. Just given tracking number. Which is not leaving CA last one week. Very bad and disorienting business. I will never buy anything from this site and whoever like to buy keep in mind this is not a good business.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

I bid in an auction, won and said the item would be shipped out in 3 to 5 days. When I called the next week they said that was business day. Fine. I waited the business days called again, no one ever answers the phone. You're on a continuous answering machine then after 6 min. it automatically transfers you to voicemail. They said they didn't have the necklace and it would be in by Friday which is two weeks after I won the auction and paid! Needless to say I e-mailed no necklace and no idea when their vendor will have them! Why are you auctioning them off then? $60 No has been charged to my visa and they say it will be 3 business days to process it back on then a while for my bank to return it! What? Moral of the story: "Don't Buy At Bidz".

Original review: July 29, 2016

I have shopped with Bidz for years and just restarted with the new owners in the last six months or so. Noticed on their one dollar auctions they are creating accounts and presetting the bids to what they actually want for the item (fraud). It's obvious because it's the same user names below anything of any value at all and way above what the item is worth. Logically, if it was a buyer they would go directly to distributors just as Bidz does. I have turned this site into the FBI for a future investigation of fraud and advise others to do the same. Their fraudulent practices are so obvious.

Original review: March 20, 2016

In September of 2009, we purchased my engagement ring from bidz.com. It truly is a one-of-a-kind, stunning ring with a 1.5 ct. brilliant-cut center stone, flanked by .25 of side brilliant-cut diamonds for a total of 1.75ctw set in a 14kt white gold shank. I paid to have the ring appraised by bidz.com's "very reputable" appraisers in California. The ring was appraised at over $19,000 US and we have paid the insurance premium for a rider on our policy to cover that amount every year since.

Last year, our insurance company requested that we have the ring appraised, so it was sent to a company in Toronto who does appraisals via People's Jewellers. I was shocked, dismayed and saddened when the appraisal came back at just slightly over $9,000 CAD!! Obviously, I have no recourse but I will admit it has been bothering me since. I had purchased many items from bidz.com in 2009-2010, and some of the items were given as gifts to loved ones. In total, I spent approximately over $10,000 CAD on jewelry from bidz.com. Yes, my engagement ring is still gorgeous, nevertheless, I feel cheated!! If the appraisals that they make you pay for are false, what else are they offering that is an untruth?? DO NOT BUY FROM BIDZ.COM!!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

I used this company for several years and got some nice things at good prices. However after they went offline for a while they are not the same company. They say there is no preset price and yet I have watched a price stay the same for over 1/2 hr yet as soon as I bid up it goes within seconds. I have even tried waiting until the very last second and if their preset price is not reached they will always outbid. It is the same names over and over again so they have people watching the item or programs that trigger as soon as a bid comes in. I no longer enjoy the site.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Purchased a ring 11/09/2015. Paid immediately. The ring was supposed to be shipped in the next 3-5 days. One week later, no ring. Called customer service, was told the shipment was delayed but they would mail it by the end of the week. A week passes by, nothing. Called Bidz.com again. Was told the ring did not pass their quality control and they ordered another one but promised that they would ship off by the end of the week. Another week goes by, nothing. Call customer service, the same story about the quality control but it definitely would be shipped by the end of the week. A week goes by, nothing. Called today. Customer service representative started yelling at me saying that I never paid for the ring. Checked my credit card statement. Bidz took my money 11/09/2015. Filed the claim with the credit card company. Hope to get my money back. Bidz - Fraud company. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2015

Took 2 rings that I bought from Bidz to my jeweller who test the so called diamonds in them and told me they were just paste, not diamonds. This site is a fraud now, used to be ok years ago. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. IT IS NOT WHAT THEY SAY.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Purchased a piece of jewelry from Bidz. Upon arrival we find one of the stones had fallen out in the bag that it was delivered with. We took it to our jeweler only to find that several stones had been loose and that it was worn before we received it. Under the loop you could see fiber and skin tissue. I asked how many stones had been loose they said the majority and it would be several hundred dollars to fix. We call Bidz and asked if we could exchange the item for the exact one. "No, no longer in stock." "You could return it for a refund." I said "no it was a gift." I said "would you pay part of the repair?" They offered $20.00 on an item that had a retail of over $1,000.

After dealing with the rep, I decided my time was worth more than dealing with a company such as this. The old owner had problems and now the new owner looks to be the same. After looking at numerous items over a period of time it looks like this site has a fixed bottom price and it's only an auction if they get their bottom number. No deals here!

Original review: May 23, 2015

I used Bidz.com for quite a few years thinking I was getting some quality items for a good price. Expensive items which after a short period of time deteriorated which should not have done so. At the time was not able to do anything about it but recently have taken some of the items to a professional (watches, to be specific) only to be told they are Chinese fakes. I am sure Bidz was aware of the fakes being sold through their sites as it is all about the money. I have checked their new site since it has reopened (just out of curiosity) but will never trust them or use their site again. For all of you that think you are getting a bargain, forget it. They are all cheap Chinese knock-offs.

Original review: May 4, 2015

I had purchased "THOUSANDS" of dollars in product from Bidz.com in the past. To be specific, 15 watches, 12 rings, a sapphire necklace and earrings, 3 ladies' diamond rings ($2-4,000 ea Appraised by Birks Jewellers, not Bidz.com) and a jewel-covered case. I stopped buying from them about 10 years ago. The reason why is due to the fact that they have employees set up fake accounts. Then, these employees "Pump" up the bids against the bidders. However, if you slip by them, and they fail to bid against you, they refuse to sell you the product if they don't make a profit. That is a scam. I also noticed that their return department was giving very bad service. Fearing for the worse to come, I left the site.

As well, their Appraisal amount is WAY out to lunch. For instance, I bought a 1 ct (5 diamonds) diamond gold men's ring from them. It was appraised professionally at Birks Jewellers for $2500. I just saw today, the same ring in white 14 ct gold on their site. Their appraisal... $13,000. I would highly recommend staying away from their site. Find one that's reputable. And not one where you need to pay the site for each bid either. Those scams are out there too. Well, happy bidding. I hope this helps someone.

Original review: May 2, 2015

I was a frequent flyer of Bidz.com and promoted its website to all my friends and coworkers. I won many bids and received quality jewelry for quite some time. A few years ago I noticed that the quality of the jewelry was getting cheaper and the bidding was going through the roof on these low quality items. I assumed that the site was compromised and that they were bringing in substandard items and manipulating the bidding. I quit participating when the last few items I "won" were way below average in quality. No longer worth the time nor the effort.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

I have been doing business with bidz.com for over six to seven yrs. I have tons of their bracelets that I have purchased through them over the years. I did notice that over the last few months they were on line that their jewelry has gotten cheaper looking but yet they were charging more for the exact same prices of jewelry that I already had purchased. So I stop going to their web site about a year ago. I was very disappointed with their jewelry so I stopped using them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I have 2 outstanding orders, I paid $20,000 for A necklace. Was damaged - worth only $2500.

Original review: July 16, 2014

I bid on 4 items June 12th. Received them and 1, a necklace was damaged ($68.00) and the other wasn't described properly, a bracelet - a tiny child size ($80.00) - so I sent those 2 items back on June 19 with RMA # and USPS tracking # as required. It's now July 15 and NOT received any refund. I paid through PayPal and filed a dispute with them for $148.00. I have contacted Bidz Customer service and all I get is they received my items and are looking into it or someone will contact me. All I want is my money back. Now all of my communication emails are gone from the site and I just had to file a claim again. In the meantime, I'm out my money $148 and they have the merchandise. Very Upset here! Can anyone help me or tell me what to do? I'm praying PayPal refunds my money!!

Original review: July 14, 2014

I brought 2 diamond rings and some other items which I put on their layaway. I paid the first 2 payments early and when I went to pay the last one I couldn't even get into my account. I contacted Bidz about four times to find out what the problem was and it took over two weeks to reply. I am then informed that the 2 rings I had bid on and won and had put on layaway had been pulled from my account without one word to me. I was told I would receive a refund in five days. It took 3 weeks, the other items left on the layaway were never sent to me they only cost $129 which to this day I have not received even though after many emails they said I had. Then I brought another ring and I wore it to a wedding and lost one of the stones or I think I lost it, to be quite honest it could have been missing when I got it as I didn't check it.

Anyway I contacted Bidz as I hadn't even had the ring for three weeks when this happened. At first I got no reply and after about three more emails on my behalf I was told to get a quote to have the stone replaced which I did and I had to send them a photo of the ring with the missing stone which I did, about a week later I was informed that they weren't going to repair it nor give me the money to do it. At the moment I am concerned as I have paid for a ring and to have it resized and it has been 3 weeks and I still have not received it and trying to find out if it has been sent. Well they either don't reply or it takes so long to get an answer. I'm also concerned as I still have a item on layaway. I have been with Bidz for a few years and have spent more than a couple of thousand dollars with them, but what has happened to me in the past few months with them has left a foul taste in my mouth AND I find it very hard to trust them in what they say and about their items.

Original review: July 9, 2014

I purchased 2 watches from BIDZ.com. One showed up 7 weeks after purchase without a Certificate of Authenticity (paid $33 for it). Was advised it was mailed separately. To date (8 weeks later), no Certificate showed up. Second watch came yesterday (8 weeks after purchase). Again, I paid $33 for Certificate of Authenticity and no Certificate showed up. For the first watch, BIDZ believes it's a battery but refuses to pay for it. I have asked about getting it returned as it's broken and not working but no reply was given about it. The service is terrible - communication is terrible and BIDZ is not what it use to be. I do not recommend it at all - no one deserves all this hassle. I do not know what to do about getting the Certificates from them (I am out $66) for the watches or the money for battery or repair of watch. They told me I need to ask my Financial Institution for Charge back and I don't even know what that is. This is crazy - I live in Ontario Canada. Any advice anyone?

Original review: April 13, 2014

Was only bidder on Auction #** Brand New Ring With 1.00ctw Genuine Diamonds Made in 925 Sterling Silver...Price Buyz: 1,600.00. Bid was at $1. I had put in a maximum bid of $15. Closed date showed 04-10-14 04:46:36 AM PDT. Bid date & Time Submitted was 2014-04-10T01 02 55. When I checked my watch list and saw it said "No Winner Closed" (in red) I went into my lost auction list which actually showed me as winning. This confused me especially since a previous ring someone else bid on Auction #** (either same day or day before my auction) Price Buyz: $1,800.00 showed a bid of $5 and SOLD. This prompted me to email Bidz and inform them of their mistake Apr 10 09:59 AM. Their reply dated April 10 01:31 PM stated, "We would like to advise you that you are not the winner of this item - 200020142 - as the item had a minimum required winning price, which had not been met."

I replied back Apr 10, 2014 06:04 PM and began my reply as follows: "That explanation does not make sense. If there had been a minimum required winning price that is the price Bidz sets it at as a beginning bid. This bid started at $1 and accepted my bid at $1 and nowhere did it say there was a reserve amount on this ring. I also entered a maximum bid of $15 which it still accepted and again NO where did it state there was a reserve amount set on this ring. Nowhere does it say that there was a 'minimum required winning price'. If that is the case it should be stated in writing. It was not. I would like to take a look at a bid on another ring by another person.

The listing # ** for 'Brand New Ring With Genuine Diamonds Crafted in 14k/925 Gold plated Silver - Size 7'. The Buyz amount stated $1,800.00. Bid Date & Time Submitted in Bid History was 2014-04-06 T02:38:13; bid Amount $5 and Status Winning. That ring did sell for $5 to **. The bid end time was 04-05-14 08:31:30 PM PDT. The ring I bid on and did win had a Buyz price of 1,600 less than this ring. I have done a lot of bidding myself and also observed bidding by others and NEVER have I seen such a thing. Nowhere does it state there was a reserve that had to be met on this ring. If Bidz wants a reserve they start the bidding out at that amount. I would really like you to direct me to where it stated there was a 'minimum required winning price'...."

I have not gotten a response from Bidz to this email. I have copies of the information regarding the auction of the ring I won for $1 and there are no statements that a reserve price not met. There are two other rings I bid on that I won, 1 @ $1 and 1 @ $3 but Bidz closed the auction stating there was no winner. Up to this date I am the only person I saw they did this to at least from my watch list. What I find interesting is I tried getting into Bidz the evening of April 8 and could not get in all night. I sent an email to them to ask them what was going on. I received a response back Apr 09 02:42 AM stating they'd had technical difficulties and some of their customers could not log in properly to their accounts.

What I really find interesting is I began noticing on April 12, 2014 Bidz added a NEW comment on the information page regarding the item that is being bid on. It now has a "Status: Reserve Price Not Met". And also In the "Watch List" under "Current Bid" "Reserve Price Not Met" and in red letters when the auction is ended "Closed". I know my comment is very long but I wanted to show a time line of what took place from the time Bidz "closed" three auctions showing I was the winning bidder in and the stated "no winner" to a total re-vamping of their bidding system. I can only imagine how many people were confused when they went into check on items they had bid on showing them as the highest bidder it not winning because the reserve price was not met.

I would think Bidz's computer system would have crashed from emails pouring in asking what in the world was going on. Especially since Bidz didn't appear to inform their customers ahead of time about this new change. At least this customer received no notice of a change. I do know this. I have copies of the information regarding the three auctions I was if not the only bidder also the highest bidder and there was NO statement/status attached to those auctions. I also have copies of other items that were sold at low amounts and there was not a status or reserve not met stated and copies of that same item with the revamped bidding system where "Status" and "Reserve Not Met" is stated and the amount bid was higher than the auction that was won at a lower amount yet the bidder lost because the "Reserve Not Met".

I have NEVER seen so many auctions highlighted in red "Closed". The only time I have actually seen a closed auction is when there was NO bidder. I do believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that I won three auctions that I believe Bidz cheated me out of. How they can get away with doing something like this is beyond me. Is there no accountability? Is there no one who watches over this kind of activity? If anyone wants to contact me for more information regarding what I am posting I welcome the opportunity to provide any more information and even copies of everything I have that supports and documents everything I have stated if needed. If this has happened to anyone else within the time frame I have mentioned I sure would like to hear their comments and their experience.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2013

I purchased jewelry from Bidz that contained damaged item/s and inaccurate description. I notified Bidz for a return of these items. I received notification from Bidz for a return upon receipt of goods. I returned items well within the 30 days return policy and had documented contact with Bidz. Further I received an email of received/receipt of returned goods and notified of a refund within 1-3 working days. After waiting for 7 Days without refund to my account, I queried when refund would be made. I received a response that I was NOT receiving a refund now, instead a credit as they now claim that I did not put in a claim for returned damaged goods. I have proof of my initial notice to Bidz of my returning damaged item/s.

Original review: July 27, 2011

Extremely poor experience, very poor and rude customer service. You get a different story every time you talk to them. Paid and so far haven't received the items. Now I'm being told it will be over two weeks before I receive the items, stated the items went from payment to Fedex, took three days, then sat at Fedex for six days before being mailed to postal service.

What the heck is that? Sounds like stuff is coming from overseas! Apparently not a US business. Customers beware!

Bidz.com Company Information