2.09/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

176 Bidz.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I used to be an happy customer from Bidz.com in the past years, until last Christmas. I bought jewelries for my wife on bidz.com. It was supposed to arrive for Christmas... We are now end of January and have no news, no update, nothing from customer service on my late arrival order... Actually at this point I don’t expect my order to arrive or any refund to be offered. How a great site like bidz.com became a scam is a puzzle but a fact is a fact, bidz.com is not to be trusted anymore.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Wow...simply the worst online experience! I ordered a ring back in October 2017 and was so happy I was able to win the bid for that specific item (it was so pretty!). But my happiness eventually disappeared when 3 months went by and I still hadn't received anything. I tried calling numerous times but would be disconnected or transferred to their voicemail that doesn't even accept messages. I cannot express how frustrating it was to not get a live person and to wait for weeks and/or months to get a response by email. I have over 40 email messages detailing the constant back and forth between myself and the reps. They would apologize and say my product would arrive soon...that it was in transit...or that they would give me a refund because there was a problem with the vendor. It was so unprofessional - I would constantly ask for a refund and get no response.

After threatening to report them to the Better Business Bureau they sent me a long, detailed email saying that 2 vendors they work with shut down and that they needed to cancel my order. They told me they couldn't issue the refund and to ask my bank for the money!! Oh and they offered to give me $25 off my next purchase with them!!! Right, like I was going to purchase another item off their website and go through this horrible experience again? Ha, I don't think so. All this run around took a year and a half to deal with and I also had the lovely pleasure of fighting with my bank to get my money refunded. Morale of the story, don't ever, ever, EVER buy anything off BIDZ!!! It's definitely a scam and should be shut down. From reading everyone else's comments it seems like they've been running a successful scam and making lots of money off people's own hard earned money.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Same story as many customers, I have spent a lot of money and use to get good service. Now items I purchased 14 months ago (necklaces, watches, scarfs, earrings) still haven't been sent to me, getting the runaround and the odd time they will respond to e-mails, they never answer the phone. Refund ha ha never going to it happen. Over $2000 I will not see. It is very sad to see a company screw you over, people out there do not become another victim.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I call them and I get nowhere at all. Want my money back but never get it why. This plus last years I buy things and they take money out right away but I dont get what I buy. I just get the runaround. I use to buy lots from them years ago and always got what I orders, but no I dont get what I buy.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have placed many orders with Bidz.com over the years with no problem until 12/1/2018. I was charged immediately for my order but never received the merchandise. After many attempts to receive information about the shipping time for my order, I received an e-mail on 2/5/2019 stating: "We would like to express our sincere apologies for being unable to fulfill your order and send items you have purchased from us. Regretfully, BIDZ.COM has become a victim of fraud. Someone, one or several individuals, have attempted large amounts of charges using stolen credit cards. Total attempted fraud was in excess of $480,000. As a consequence our credit card processor have frozen our account and, although it was later determined that we are not at all at fault for this «fraud» attack, absolutely all funds collected have been retained by our credit card processor.

Also, due to their internal «risk factors», they decided to terminate their relationship with us and freeze all our moneys. What hurts most is that all these catastrophic events took place because of none of our faults. We are the victim, but system is punishing us worst of all notwithstanding. It is unfair but we cannot seem to find someone at the credit card processor that would listen and understand. Bureaucracy at it’s worse...our payment processor decided to terminate our account without warning and we no longer have access that is necessary to process any refunds. Therefore, we ask that you please contact your Credit Card Company or Bank and request a refund/dispute for your original payment." Clearly, this is not from a legal department, and I suspect fraud. It seems I am not the only one to have received this correspondence.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bidz.com?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Placed an order for a golden bracelet in November 5, 2018 and charged my credit card next day. It keeps on saying vendor's goods are late and not sure when the item will be available. The screen shows the item will ship within 3 to 5 business days. Follow-up emails were sent on December 5, 2018 and January 19, 2019. An e-mail was received on February 5, 2019 that the company suffers from a fraud and is unable to refund the amount. I need to contact the credit card company for a refund. As a company like Bidz.com, it should have insurance for fraud. Customers should not be suffered from Bidz.com fraud consequences.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I placed my order in Oct 2018, and the same story as all others. No product received and no refund given. This is a scam and must be shut down!!! I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau in South Pasadena CA and the Attorney General Office. Sadly the address for this so-called company is an apartment house...

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I used to buy jewelry on this site with no issue. Last year, I purchased a few items for which they charged me immediately and then never delivered the items. It took me no less than 10 emails to customer support to finally get a refund. After months I decided I would give them another chance, and purchased three items in for which they again immediately took my money. After five messages to customer Service, I finally got a response indicating that they were the victim of fraud and could not give me the items, nor could they refund my money. They then directed me to contact my bank and dispute the charge to see if my bank would give me my money back... HOWEVER, this site is still up and running and unsuspecting consumers are bidding and handing over money to this sham of a company.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

So I have been buying from Bidz for over 10 yrs and never had any issues receiving my items. I even recommended this site to other people. My issues with them started 1/2018. I placed two orders for three rings totaling more than 800, I was charged immediately for the items and it said I would receive in 5-7 days. After several weeks I hadn’t received the items and I contacted Bidz at the time they claimed they were stuck in customs and I should be receiving shortly. Several emails later within the next three months and nothing. I asked for a refund several times and my request was ignored.

I even contacted the BBB and Consumer Affairs to assist me. In the end I was told to contact my credit card and request a refund which I found very shady since they should have been able to issue the refund. Against my better judgment I went on the site again in November 2018 and won a bid for a beautiful ring I placed the order thinking the experience I had back in January was a fluke since I have never had an issue with them before.

The item was supposed to ship in 10-14 days. Well the same thing happened again. I contacted them and Tracy said that my item was in transit to them and it should arrive shortly. Again several emails later and several stories later from Tracy I never received the item or the refund that I requested several times. The last couple of emails never even received a response. Had to contact my bank for a refund and now I see that they have changed their name to eBidz.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

RIPPED OFF BY BIDZ! "Thank you for contacting us! We would like to express our sincere apologies for being unable to fulfill your order and send items you have purchased from us. Regretfully, BIDZ.COM has become a victim of fraud. Someone, one or several individuals, have attempted large amounts of charges using stolen credit cards. Total attempted fraud was in excess of $480,000. As a consequence our credit card processor have frozen our account and, although it was later determined that we are not at all at fault for this «fraud» attack, absolutely all funds collected have been retained by our credit card processor.

"Also, due to their internal «risk factors», they decided to terminate their relationship with us and freeze all our moneys. What hurts most is that all these catastrophic events took place because of none of our faults. We are the victim, but system is punishing us worst of all notwithstanding. It is unfair but we cannot seem to find someone at the credit card processor that would listen and understand. Bureaucracy at it’s worse.

"We are truly sorry as we aren't able to issue the refund back to your card because, as mentioned above, our payment processor decided to terminate our account without warning and we no longer have access that is necessary to process any refunds. Therefore, we ask that you please contact your Credit Card Company or Bank and request a refund/dispute for your original payment. We will support you and provide any documentation you may need to receive your refund swiftly. We completely understand how frustrating this situation is for you and are here to fully support you!

"Throughout the long history of our company we have never encountered such a predicament. We always pride ourselves at delivering purchased merchandise in record time and, frankly, were not ready for such set-back. We have let you, our loyal and valued customer, down and would like to offer our deep and sincere apologies. We are truly sorry you had to endure such inconvenience. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us." This is the email I got after waiting months for items totally 1103.14! Then I find out on the internet MANY others are being ripped off similar! I cannot get more factual than this!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered jewelry from them in August and was supposed to be shipped within 7-10 days but nothing was ever shipped. I kept hearing that their supplier had not shipped it. Finally 2 months ago, I asked them for a refund. They kept on saying they will and last week, I heard that they are unable to process my refund because the merchant suspended their account. I mean what the hell. If your account has been terminated, why are you still in business and operating. They have not responded to my requests to mail me a cheque or send some other products that are in the same price range. Horrible. Stay away.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I ordered two handbags on Nov 9th 2018 - paid $392 on my credit card. Called on Nov 26th as they had not arrived. Could not leave a message on their voice mail. Called back on Dec 28th - same issue. My email to them has gone unanswered. Did business with them in the past with no problems. Have turned it over to my credit card company as fraud. I still get an email a day from them promoting various products. They need to be stopped as they are collecting money from unsuspecting buyers and not delivering the products or corresponding in any manner.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Here's a review you. I did business with BIDZ.com years ago and was very satisfied. Great company, great shipping, great customer service. Now, This company is garbage. It's a fraud. The sad thing is they don't even care that they'll be losing loyal customers. Their only concern is to see how many more people they can dupe out of their money before they are forced out of business. I purchased a watch from them December 22nd that I was promised a delivery in 5 to 7 business days. I'm still waiting. I emailed them twice before getting a response from someone named Lindsey telling me that my order was delayed by the manufacturers.

Today January 18th I get another email telling me that my order was inadvertently canceled and that they have placed the merchandise back into my cart with a code for free shipping so that I can reorder it which means I can pay for it again but this time I get it shipped to me or not shipped to me for free but only after I pay for it again. I've read countless other reviews where other people have gotten this same email. They have the nerve now to be doing business under a different name EBIDZ. Using the same merchandise that they already sold to me and other people. It's so awful. There's so many more people will lose that money to his company before they finally stopped.

I hope this review will help keep other people from losing their money. And to you BIDZ.com, I do not need you to respond to this review as you guys are famous for doing. I don't need your airless apology, I need my merchandise or my money returned. I'm on a fixed income and that money was hard to come by, that gift was for my grandmother.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered and paid for 3 items of jewelry and have not received anything. I did chase this matter with a BIDZ who after a long time, informed me that the items would not be sent to me and furthermore their finance/credit facilities were frozen and they could not give me a refund. So I have lost my money. But I am horrified to see their website still up and running where innocent people are still sending money and unaware of this situation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My situation with Bidz auction is the same as many of those who wrote negative feedbacks. And today their site does not open at all. Error 403. Sharon has gone. Many of us lost our money. Is there any organization in USA where we can write a complaint?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I made two buys. 1 in Nov and 1 in Dec. Rec’d no product and no responses from vendor. Sent an unreasonable number of emails to vendor with no response. Finally sent email requesting to cancel my orders and received a response back in two days that stated the following: "Thank you for contacting us! As per your request, we have submitted your both orders for cancellation.

First of all, we would like to express our most sincere and unreserved apologies for the following. We are truly sorry as we aren't able to issue the refund back to your card, our payment processor decided to terminate our account and we no longer have access to process any refunds. We ask that you please contact your Credit Card Company or Bank and request a refund/dispute for your original payment.

We will support you and provide any documentation you may need to receive your refund swiftly. We completely understand how frustrating this situation is for you. Again, we're very sorry for not being able to be more helpful here but rests assure we will provide all assistance to your financial institution for your immediate refund. We appreciate your patronage and Thank you for your understanding. Sincerely, Tracy. Bidz Customer Service Team". Sooo, you need to cancel your orders now. My credit card company handled this issue for me and I already have my money back while they work through the issue with the vendor’s bank to resolve permanently. GOOD LUCK ALL!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I purchased some jewelry on November 24th, 2018 and still as of today have not received the jewelry nor a refund. I've attempted to contact them numerous times via email and telephone and I cannot get anyone to answer the phone or return an email. I feel as if I have gotten scammed! I am going to contact my credit card company and see if they can help.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I have placed 3 orders since Nov 5, 2018 and they have never been shipped to us despite numerous attempts to reach them. They have promised that the orders will be fulfilled but since end of December 2018, our numerous follow up emails remain unanswered. It looks like we are dealing with a sophisticated scam system.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Updated on 01/17/2019: Another follow-up to my previous review, you would not believe the cheek of this company. I finally got a reply to my emails (from a Tracy not a Sharon) after threatening to launch a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. She told me that even though nearly all stock has now arrived 3 of my 4 orders have been inadvertently cancelled and they cannot give me a refund. She then said I should contact my card company or bank to launch a dispute. Tracy then tells me that the 3 cancelled items have been put back in my shopping cart at the original auction winning price if I wish to purchase again???

So if I have got this right, 3 of my orders have been cancelled, they will not give me a refund. All 3 items are available and been put into my shopping cart and they want me to pay for them again! If all 3 items are available why are they not shipping them to me? Something has got to be done about this company, this is just outright fraud! I have replied back so will see what ** I get back this time.

Updated on 01/13/2019: Just as a follow on to my review yesterday, has anyone tried to get on the Bidz.com website in the last 36 hrs, website has gone, presume our money and purchases has gone with it too! The first few times I tried to get on the website it said it was down for routine maintenance, the last 24 hrs it has said server cannot be found!

Original review: Won 4 auctions since 17th Dec, as yet none have arrived at my delivery address in the US. All still showing status as open. Called them many time but unable to get to speak to anyone on the phone as it cuts off after 6 minutes and says that voicemail is full and cannot leave a message. Emailed 4 times without response. Seems like Bidz.com has turned into a scam, they take your money and run. No customer support but that’s probably for a reason and going by the other reviews if you do get to speak to someone it doesn’t make much difference!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

BUYERS: IGNORE ANY POSITIVE REVIEW BEFORE NOVEMBER 2017!!! I have been a Bidz fan for many years, including its first operation and reopening a few years ago. Around October 2017, the orders stopped shipping and the refunds and customer service stopped! I have been scammed out of a lot of money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I'm looking into taking regulatory and legal action.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I would give the 0 stars if possible. My situation is like many others. Ordered a $200.00 ring 6 weeks ago. Was supposed to be here in 2-3 weeks. Have called numerous times and no response. Have emailed numerous times and no response. I will be contacting VISA tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a refund. Do not use Bidz unless you like giving money away.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I bought two items on 22 October and had to cancel the order are start of December as gifts would not be received in time. I was told I would receive a refund within 7 business days, chased them up after 14 days and was asked to be patient and have now been told their credit provider has cancelled their account and therefore refunds cannot be issued and I should contact my credit card company to lodge a dispute resolution. Will never use this site again, appalling customer service.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Hi I am from Quebec. I used Bidz for ten years and I never had any problem but now changed happen. They do not respect. Nada. It was an obligation for me to be help by my credit card. It took a year to be refund for a product that I never receive from Bidz. That bad so don't buy a product from them. They do not answer the email. If so they said that they will refund and it’s never happened. Cannot join them by phone. It was a what that they send me. It was not the one that I received. So I send them back and they never send me the good one and they not pay me back. Finally I been paid by my credit card.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I have used this site in the past and have always been satisfied. I'm sorry to say this is no long the case. On October 30 I won a bid on a watch. As of today December 22 I'm still waiting. Customer service rep Lindsey has asked me to be patient. 60 days is long enough don't you think? Avoid this business at all costs. They obviously have money issues in paying their vendors.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I purchased 2 items but they have not appeared despite being assured they are on their way from suppliers. Both items were purchased months ago. Same story each time but they have never showed up so it is a case of buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Beware Bidz.com! Purchased a ring from them for $1495 on November 2nd. It was advertised to be shipped in 4-6 days. When have not heard back from them for over a week emailed inquiring status. Few days later received reply from Sharon that the item is coming from overseas and will be ready ‘next week’. Same story a week later. Then another week and another week from the same Sharon. It’s December 22 and still nothing! Just looked up my item status on their side and it’s marked ‘canceled’. Very frustrated. Will be disputing the charge.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I am astounded with this company. I have been a customer for several years and never had an issue to buy some great jewelry. Recently I bid for and won a bridal set and was told 3 to 5 week delivery. 11 weeks later and still nothing. But this automated female called Sharon assured me they were doing everything possible and that it was on its way through customs! So from my initial order in June, my planned proposal was not going to happen. I am now fighting to get my money back and now I’m being ignored completely from all emails. I would love it if someone in th USA could start a class action against this company and shut them down. Totally irresponsible and doesn’t give a crap about customer loyalty just scamming your money. Avoid at all costs unless you are prepared to throw your hard earned away. Never again Bidz.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I placed my order on 23 OCT 2018; I was promised deliver in 2 weeks. My order was for $1,155. I had $808 of credit with them as my previous orders were not sent and they did not send my payment back. I paid the rest by Visa. I am still waiting for my order. They do not reply to our emails and/or phones. They were good when I began with them some years ago. They have turned into this for 2-3 years now. Not worth it. When you start, I think they will honor your purchases to attract you in; and then not care. For now I have lost $1,155 to Bidz.com. I believe something is seriously wrong there. And yes, it's Sharon I am dealing with as well.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I won 3 items totaled over 300 dollars. Never received them. Contacted Bidz and was told by Sharon ** via email I would receive a refund. This was back in October. Now it's December and no refund. I see there's a lot of people with the same issues. It seems someone or this company is embezzling money from consumers. I hope they get prosecuted and this company goes down!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I’ve been on Bidz.com since last year. One of my friends recommended this website for me. I liked what they had to offer for people and the bidding format. It’s really easy to use the website. The items which I have gotten (rings and earrings) were in a good quality and even came on time. So I will recommend them.

Bidz.com Company Information