2. Background Check Companies

4.2/5 (69 ratings)

About BeenVerified

BeenVerified provides customers with access to public records without having to visit courthouses or private organizations. Using a phone number, email, address, username or vehicle identification number, customers can access a slew of information from criminal records to hidden social media profiles.

Pros

• Unlimited reports and searches
  • Clear use guidelines
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Business services still in development
  • Unclear pricing on single reports

Bottom Line

BeenVerified makes searching public records accessible and affordable to everyone. Services for business are coming soon, and individuals will find BeenVerified’s monthly membership and unlimited services useful.

Top BeenVerified Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I wanted to send a big thank you!!! Because of your resources, I was able to locate my oldest sibling. My family has been searching for her for over 45 years now. We have finally ...

Verified

We were pleased with our experience using BeenVerified and will certainly use these services again when the need arises. We found the website easy to use and the results were quic...

What is BeenVerified and how does it work?

BeenVerified allows users to run multiple searches at an affordable price. While the ability to access private information might put some on edge, BeenVerified provides clear guidelines as to what customers can and cannot do using public records. Previous customers have used the service to verify the identity of partners from online dating websites, find their biological parents, run background checks and look for long-lost friends or relatives.

Its customer service representatives in New York City and Miami are available seven days a week to assist customers with searches or record access. BeenVerified is also developing a service for businesses that will let companies generate leads, discover customer information and find contacts on LinkedIn to grow their enterprises.

BeenVerified cost

A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89 and includes unlimited searches for:

• Background reports
  • Contact information
  • Phone lookups
  • Email lookups
  • Address lookups
  • Criminal records

Customers can also get a 35% savings by signing up for a three-month membership, which starts at $17.48 per month — a total of $52.44.

BeenVerified FAQ

What can I use BeenVerified for?
You can use BeenVerified to run background checks on potential dates or partners, find biological parents and verify an online buyer or seller. BeenVerified provides a full list of ways you can and cannot use their public search records on its website.
Does Beenverified notify the person you are searching?
BeenVerified searches are confidential and private. Individuals aren’t notified if you search for them.
What does my account come with?
Monthly subscriptions with BeenVerified accounts come with access to background reports and unlimited searches.
How does BeenVerified have my information?
BeenVerified gathers its information from multiple sources, including public records and databases.
Can I trust BeenVerified?
BeenVerified provides clear guidelines on how information can and cannot be used. Individuals who feel unsafe using the service can opt out and ask to not be included in searches or not have their information sold.
Is BeenVerified free?
No, BeenVerified’s services aren’t free. A one-month membership with BeenVerified starts at $26.89, but other levels of service and subscriptions are available.

Is BeenVerified legit?

Before BeenVerified, individuals would need to visit courthouses or government buildings to access information. Some public records were either barred with expensive fees or hard to find. Individuals who need easy access to information, such as verifying the identity of a date or checking the history of a neighborhood before purchasing a home, will appreciate BeenVerified’s services.

BeenVerified Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BeenVerified?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have used one gmail account for years, and used the same address in many other accounts. I was unable to login to the gmail account including using the services of gmail. They closed the account last year and continue to be unable to access some of these since communications from them goes to the dead gmail account. Somehow I was directed to your site and worked with Leondra yesterday. He did a full scan but this didn’t solve my problem. He was very skilled, patient and polite and I wanted to give him a good review. My problem with BeenVerified is that searching for help to access the gmail account, I finally learned that using BeenVerified was no help. If there IS some way I’d like to hear about it. Thank you for your consideration!

Al **

Hi Al,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize as we do not have control over Gmail accounts. We are pleased to hear the agent assisted you within our boundaries. BeenVerified is a website that provides a searchable database of aggregated public records. You can search a name on the site to locate addresses, phone numbers, relatives, court records, and much more. You can also run searches on addresses, phone numbers and email addresses.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I called BeenVerified because I had received two unexpected charges on my credit card for monthly subscription fees. Samantha explained that I had a free trial membership, and I hadn't cancelled the membership, thus the charges. I told her that I didn't realize I had to cancel. She was very helpful and professional in her demeanor. She applied a credit back to my credit card for the amount of both charges. Throughout the call, Samantha was courteous and responsive to my questions. I was so pleased to receive such excellent customer service. Samantha is a credit to her company. I told her that she deserves a big raise and a day off, or an advancement to a higher position. Thank you.

Dr. Jeffrey

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2021

I stumbled across this site one day when I was needing to verify a few things and people and I'm glad I did. Not only was they very informative but very accurate on what I needed. Then I realized how very protective they were of me and my info and how on too of things they kept me and my privacy, Private, anything that pertained to me was very secure and maintained and if anything happened or that they seen unusual they alerted me right away and handled everything else without me having to call multiple people letting them know what was going on with accountants etc. They care about you as you not just a number on their client roster. So yes I would recommend BeenVerified to anyone. I hate I have to let my membership go at this time only because of not having a job at the moment. But I will be back when I do. Thanks guys y'all are awesome. Keep it up.

Hi Tera,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I had been searching for over a decade for some Marines I'd served with in the 1980's. After years of searching the web and not being a Facebook user I was coming up empty. With BeenVerified I was able to find nearly everyone I'd hoped to find with the exception of a few guys I didn't have enough info on. If you know their name, approximate age and where they're from or where they've lived you WILL find them. Unfortunately I waited too long to get serious about my search, two of the Marines on the top of my list had recently passed away. I had to mourn two of my friends in one day. I kept BeenVerified for a month, looking up everyone I could think of, then cancelled my subscription. I highly recommend Been Verified and wouldn't hesitate to use their service again.

Hi There,

First we want to thank you for your service, Veteran! We are equally excited that you were able to locate your fellow Marines, this is a great testimonial! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I gave "a friend" of mine my cell phone number. A few days later I got a disgusting text which I knew was not from him. I messaged him and he goes 'oh that phone broke..(? Uh??..)- Obviously he bought some stupid phone off the street, and I got hacked. I got NumberGuru to see what this number was, etc with the disgusting text...Turns out it didn't have "a home" and most likely spam. At least I knew. I blocked the number, etc. What I like most about NumberGuru is it let me cancel, easily and effortlessly...No surprise charges on my card, etc. They responded right away and confirmed my cancelation. I will DEFINITLEY use them again if I need to track down a number!

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your review. We are equally excited you located the information you were seeking. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I used Been Verified and the service was GREAT! I was able to find the information I needed. But I only needed it for short term. I was able to receive a refund for the months not needed. Their customer service is excellent.

Hi Patricia,

We are equally excited that you were able to locate the information. We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

I came across BeenVerified while doing research for work. It seemed to have better results than the tool I was using. I signed up for the 1 week trial to test it out more for my employer and when I was late cancelling, customer service was prompt with my concerns and acted on my request without question. I am very happy with my experience with this company and hope to have my employer start using them too.

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for sharing your experience with we are equally exited that you were pleased with the app.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Sara was very informative & friendly. She answered on & off the topic questions for me. She is the reason why I’m doing this review today 8/31/21. She even helped me obtain an coupon for me to use for my first time.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We strive to provide exceptional service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I was ill for quite a time, my laptop crashed and I had to get a new email. So I was not able for a long time to cancel my subscription. I was finally able to communicate with Been Verified, and after a minimum of trouble, got my subscription cancelled and was issued refunds for the months that I was unable to use your service. You all turned out to be very understanding of my problems. I truly appreciate your courtesy and willingness to understand. I did find the old friend I was searching for. Thank you so much.

Hi Harold,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're sorry to see you go, but glad you were able to try out our website. Please know that you always have access to log back in and reactivate if you need our services again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

This is a wonderful service and it was so easy to cancel…which in this day and age speaks a lot...I just called the company and decided to go through the texting options on the phone…then in just a couple of key strokes…I was canceling the service…and that was that!! It was final!! So easy and complete…that I hated canceling the service…ohh well!!

Hi Irene,