Artscow.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our order wasn't cropped the way we asked. It was cropped and cut off parts that made the stretched canvas look terrible and unusable. This is the first time we have had this problem, so I am unsure of what happened. We have orders dozens of canvas printed before that are stretched and not had this issue. We were told we have no options to return what was sent and have them re-done properly. The larger canvas is perfect. The 2 of issue are the Mini Canvas 6" x 4" (Stretched) and Mini Canvas 7" x 5" (Stretched). Highly recommend you avoid this company since they are now not being consistent between what you load and save and what they choose to print and stretch for you.

Placed an order for a T-Shirt and a Dress. After waiting nearly two months (a notice was put up AFTER the order was placed that there would be delays) only the shirt showed up. I emailed them and got absolutely zero help with the missing half of my order. After yet another month of dealing with their horrible customer service I was offered a 50% discount on an item I already paid for and didn't receive. There are plenty of sites offering better prices, selection and service for the same type of thing, so don't give these scammers a dime unless you want to lose it.

I do not want to even give them one star. Before I order, I read few bad reviews on this company. Yup my bad. I still ordered. I ordered beginning on APR, they shipped on 4/20. Arrived wrong order. I emailed them, they asked me, re-placement or refund. I asked re-placement. So far so good. I was waiting patiently... then month later I emailed them. "What is going on my order??" They said, "sorry for delay". Few emails later they said "there has been slight production delays due to the high demands of orders received in May." (This email I received on May 31.)

I asked refund, on June 19. They said they cannot refund on my credit card so how about PayPal. I don't have PayPal. I asked, check or money transfer. They refused. I asked, "ok then give me replacement asap" (6/18 It's been more than 2 month since I ordered!) and they stop response. I called them. No one answered, ONLY answering machine. Left the message to call me, NEVER happened. STAY AWAY THIS SCAMMER.

I became a regular customer with Artscow at the beginning of this year, and it's been pretty ok until now. Even though the shipping time was usually about a month, I could be patient enough as long as my orders get here in satisfactory conditions. Now, I placed an order of two T-shirts with different designs at the beginning of March, and I received an email from them that the order was shipped on March 18, which was 2 months ago. And the T-shirts haven't arrived. My next order of another T-shirt arrived about 10 days ago, so I started to wonder why this was happening. I kept on hoping the not-yet-arrived order would be in mailbox every day, but hasn't happened yet. I went to their contact us page, and sent emails about this issue twice, and both of them got returned marked as "delivery failure". At least this order was on special sale, so I didn't pay much amount, yet this is still very upsetting.

NEVER BUY FROM ARTSCOW!!! I I placed an order for a wall clock. It took notably longer to receive than they told me that it would. When I received the clock, I noticed right away that it was losing time. I changed batteries thinking that maybe my batteries were bad. It just got worse. After a few weeks I noticed that it was stopping at the 9 for several seconds at a time. It seemed obvious that I got a defective clock where the gears were defective.

As a result, I contacted customer service in Texas. They were absolutely terrible. They said that if they were not contacted within 5 days that they would not do anything about it. Yes, their warranty period is 5 days!! Even though I explained the situation that it never did work right, they simply replied that they had to be notified within 5 days. They refused to even give me a contact where I could buy the parts to fix it. They were horrible. So I have a wall clock that never has worked and they refuse to help me in any way. This is a terrible company and I would never buy or advise anyone to buy from them. Look for a supplier who won't stick it to you like they stuck it to me!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Artscow.com?

I would advise you not to utilize Artscow.com's services. We recently had a very negative experience with them. We placed a large order. It arrived well over a month after it was placed. It was the wrong order. We received a different person's order. We contacted the company and got a huge run around with them. They didn't believe us and kept asking proof that we had the wrong order. We then contacted Paypal to dispute charge. Artscow then contacted us stating that would only remedy the issue IF we closed our claim with Paypal. We did so and wrote to them stating that we did.

We then get an email from Artscow stating that now they will only remedy the issue IF we promise never to open a claim against them ever again. They stated that if we did, it would be a sign of mistrust and they would bar us from future orders. How is this company able to do business like this--blackmailing customers not to do what we have every right to do with our money! Please AVOID!!

I have been an ArtsCow customer for years, as their promotions are great and the ability to customize is wonderful. However, this last order, I ordered two cosmetic bags, each one personalized different. They were to be given to sisters at the same time. The packing slip showed I ordered correctly, but two of the same name showed up (two different and correct designs but name on back was not correct for one bag). I requested they redo the wrong one, or refund both bags, as I cannot give to one girl without the other. They insisted that I first destroy the merchandise, then they would refund ONE bag. I said that would not work for me; I wanted the refund first, then would be glad to destroy it. They denied refund.

I went to PayPal who voted in my favor but then asked me to return the bags to Hong Kong with tracking. I told them thanks but no thanks, that would cost too much. I asked instead if photos of the destroyed merchandise AFTER the refund would suffice, or shipment of the actual correct item could be expedited - I still want what I ordered! PayPal generously is going to refund the items with no penalty to ArtsCow, which bothers me. ArtsCow did the order wrong and aren't penalized?!? I will never order from them again. Additionally I will find every opportunity to post a negative review. They could have just sent what I ordered, or refunded. Instead they requested I continue to pay for their mistake. Horrible Customer Service.

TL;DR Print on shirt was not centered, refused to give refund. Their online designer (regular and enhanced version) shows the design was centered. No warnings regarding print may not be centered in their designers or during checkout. Once I got the shirt I contacted support who kept referring me to their return policy. Unacceptable process and policy. If there were any warning during my purchasing process I would have chalked it up to me not being careful. No warnings were given and then their designing utility led me to falsely believe that the print would be centered.

Like everyone else... everything is fine until you have an issue with your order. Then forget it. It takes a month to get anything from them, then days between each contact regarding any sort of issue. I too ordered a canvas print which as everyone else describes comes on a rolled up piece of canvas that you can't really to do anything with. My real issue was their full print clothing which I wanted to order mass quantities of for my art clothing business. I ordered a couple of various items to see quality, sizing etc. I ordered an XL shirt which barely fit a child... when I inquired I was told to send photos with measure tapes showing the size. I did this THREE times and they claim to not have gotten it.

Understand each exchange takes minimum 3 days... after already a month or more shipping time. Then they claim I measured incorrectly even though I did it exactly as they described and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to set out a measure tape at breast and waist level. The measurement CLEARLY did not match their stated size chart but yet they claimed I had measure incorrectly... despite the fact that a U.S. XL barely fit a small teen girl with no bust weighing 100 lbs... the fault was still mine.

Then when I got fed up and said forget it and posted an honest review on their website, I received another email stating they would not be approving my negative product review. So not only do they provide crappy customer service if you have any type of problem but they also ban any types of negative reviews of their product on their website. A total rip off. It is a shame because they do have some unique products I haven't found other places, but I am not risking spending thousands of dollars on large orders with a company who will not resolve a simple incorrectly sized $12 t-shirt. SO GLAD I placed a sample pre-order with them before trying to do large scale business. They have lost a huge potential customer with large scale distribution. Shame on Artscow!!!

I have ordered a lot of products from Artscow over the years and have received most items within two weeks. Recently, however, they've started screwing up. I got a book with the wrong cover and am still waiting on 3 orders from almost 3 months ago. MY ADVICE? If you want to try ordering from them, pay through Paypal so you can get your $$ refunded through a Paypal Dispute if/when they screw up. It's saved me!

I regret so much I didn't come here to read the reviews before I ordered. My order was very simple, a customized phone case, and it never arrived. After almost 6 weeks, it counts as "shipped". I lost hope that it will ever arrive and I find it really hard to believe they will refund me. I work really hard for my money and that was my boyfriend's birthday gift (a $22 phone case; that's how poor we are) and it never happened. After all, I was told "to be patient". They don't disclaim that the shipment comes from Hong Kong until you search for contact information. NEVER, EVER, BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Other people have made almost a completely similar complaint: I ordered a 12x12 canvas print. It came with no stretchers and was printed exactly to size with no excess. Which means I can't even take the print to a frame shop to get them to stretch it. Really it's a complete waste of money and the print is destined for the trash can. I also had the experience that the shipping took close to 4 weeks, no tracking number and I was just told to wait.

Ordered a 24 x 36 canvas print. Received a rolled up piece of canvas printed to the edge, without wood supports or stapled. Not large enough to stretch and hang. Customer Service email said hire a professional. It took more than three weeks for delivery, told to keep waiting. Will not supply tracing number. Shipments are from Hong Kong. Do not buy from this company, you will get BURNED.

I ordered my children 2 customer sweatshirts 3 weeks prior to Christmas. Firstly they arrived January 15th, which even with Xmas rush is a bit ridiculous. Secondly, the front pocket image on the two sweatshirts was reversed. CLEAR manufacturers DEFECT. Instead of just saying sorry and we'll replace it.. it became a flurry of emails with them insisting I DESTROY the sweaters they sent, take a picture as proof and then they will replace them.

This is OUTRAGEOUS!! Destroying the shirts does nothing but piss off the client. THEY have nothing to gain...the shirts are waste for them anyway. The order was proven to be a mistake via photos...and they want to inconvenience their clients even MORE through what should have been a simple fix. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!! NO CONCERN for customer service whatsoever!!

Their ornaments are good quality but not so for IPAD case. I ordered a custom case and the photos are printed off alignment. Their customer service told me it's 'close enough' and to keep it. When ask for replacement, they treated me like a thief trying to wiggle a second free case from them. The alignment is off by almost an inch with borders around the photos. The back photo is wrap to the side of the case. It look sloppy and 'close enough' doesn't cut it.

Artscow horrible customer service! I spend over 5000$ with this company for the past 3 years. Quality items getting worse & worse. After several complaints on defect items they told me it's still ok for use! Maybe it's good for China, but in USA customers very picky and picture quality must be the same! Artscow cutting your design for multiple orders every time comes up with different color or defect and they refusing to provide replacements.

There was a problem with my order. I had asked to review and reprint. Basically they told me it was my fault and that I should have used their "designer" program to make sure since they are not liable. I have never had a problem before. They would only tell me the same thing over and over again, "no, I'm sorry," no nothing, just, "It's you're fault not ours." Be REALLY CAREFUL IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM.

HORRIBLE QUALITY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I placed an order for the acrylic photo blocks. When they arrived the pictures were of horrible quality. I have used the image for other products with other companies with great success. When I contacted the company they insisted that the product was fine. I sent a side by side photo of the correct image and what they sent me. Unbelievably different. They said they looked the same. Their item was washed out no contrast and overly yellow with little saturation. After threatening to have the credit card reverse the charges they told me to send the item back. With the shipping charges to HONG KONG (not really mentioned in their website that that is where this stuff is made) and the restocking fee it was almost worthless for me to return the items. Bottom line DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

I read online many horrible comments about Artscow but didn't believe it would happen to me, so I ordered. Big mistake. First, it was shipped out way after it said it would. Then, once I finally got it a month later, it didn't have everything I ordered! I needed it and they wouldn't send it out fast. Then they wouldn't put the money back on my card. They said they can't do it unless the whole order. They can only do PayPal which I don't have. I told them they can still send it to me without a PayPal name and I'd take care of it from that, but they just ignored everything. Probably the worst customer service that exists! For all those out there who were like me thinking they'd get their order, don't bother ordering! Spend a few more bucks and get what you want!

I have been an Artscow customer for over 3 years and have been very pleased and referred many friends. But I have had problems with my last 3 orders, and they refuse to do anything about it. I ordered two purses, and both came showing red eye. This did not show up in my previews, and I was told it was my monitor and it was my fault. I check it on several monitors, and it did not show on any of them. I got a very rude email saying that maybe I should not use their site anymore if I was dissatisfied. I had also ordered 4 ornaments before I received my purses, and 3 of the 4 ornaments had the date cut off at the bottom, and they were not cut off in my final preview. Artscow customer service refused to stand behind their products.

After getting an e-mail from Artscow for Christmas ornaments (porcelain) last year and reading the reviews, I ordered 4 for kids in my daycare class. I ordered early as people said it takes longer than usual for delivery. I couldn't be more pleased. I’m hoping to get the same offer this year.

The ArtsCow Photo Development Company is not dependable. They take forever to send back your photos and if they are lost in the mail, they refuse to replace them. This company is based in China and I will never use them again and I would advise anyone thinking of buying from them to remember what I have gone through to have photos sent to me. You are better off dealing with a reputable company in the USA or Canada where your photos come on time with no trouble.

I added items to my cart and had free credits. The charge was $30. When I received the order confirmation, the charge was $52. I made three phone calls that were not returned and sent two emails. When I finally got a response, they declined to fix the error. I will not be using this service again and recommend caution to anyone else.

I ordered a canvas and 8x8 book in November; I was told it shipped November 23 and it is still not received. I ordered another 8x8 book November 24 and email showed shipped December 2nd. Two email responses gave different ship dates and the last 3 emails were unanswered.

Artscow.com advertises and promotes their free and super priced deals on photo products. I took the chance to order some wedding photos through them (stupid choice) on November 22, 2010. As of today December 14th, we have gotten nothing. When I call and email, I get the same "just keep waiting". Not to mention that these are coming from Hong Kong! Nowhere on their site does it tell you that other than in the tiny "contact us" icon at the very bottom of the website. They are so rude and hang up on me. One woman answers their phone "Hello". It's insane that they are still doing business. I now have to file a report with Paypal and get my refund that way. Do not do business with them!

I have spent $1026 with Artscow in the past 14 months. I have a hiccup or two along the way with immediate remedies until now! I now have met with resistance and rudeness when Artscow messed up an order to my sister as a gift. They put the correct cover on the 4x4 book, but it’s someone else's book inside. When I asked for a re-print, I have received rude insults and a 7-plus week delay in reprinting. And I have just been told it was reprinted 4 weeks and will be shipped when it's shipped!

I ordered a book in April. The order was canceled and I only found out by checking the status on the web. I reordered on May 3rd because my money was not refunded. I still don't have it. They won't pay for a rush order. I had to just make a new one at Wal-Mart. They did great job done in one hour and much cheaper.

I have ordered two items from the ArtsCow deck cards and a canvas with photos I uploaded in March. I have not received them as yet. My AmEx card was charged $26.97 through PayPal, transaction # **; ArtsCow order #s are ** and **. I made a few calls, left messages and email. There has been no response. I received a previous order in 5 days.

Artscow.com Company Profile