3.8/5 (37 ratings)

About Apple TV

Apple TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?

Original review: May 14, 2020

It’s okay. I don’t understand how they say free but end up charging you. Their streaming of movies or choices are limited to more of their choices not yours. The $4.99 a month is okay. I just feel they should offer more 'cause you are paying extra along with the $4.99.

Original review: May 13, 2020

The quality is wonderful.. I cannot tell it is streaming. My only disappointment is that they promised hundreds of free channels, but most of them really were broadcast channels. Most of what I wanted to watch was either old or pay per view. Example: I tuned into the free CNN, but it was not the current program but something from the past.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The Apple TV is a great device and easy to use, even more so if you are in the Apple ecosystem. It supports all the current streaming apps with 4k and HDR support. They are comparable device from Amazon and Roku so if price is a concern I would look there. Apart from some issues with HDR I have no complaints???.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I believe that that the programming availability is sub-par at best. Navigating can be difficult at times and I just switch to a different platform. I only use Apple TV because I have a free year of use. I do not believe that I would pay for Apple TV. I find Amazon Prime a much better service.

Original review: May 7, 2020

Apple TV is the way to go. You do not pay a monthly fee for the service. There is a huge variety of apps to use. i.e. Hulu, Netflix. Some of the apps/service there is a monthly fee. If you have other Apple Device, they will all work hand in hand.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I bought the Apple TV 4K box on-line from Apple Store. I tried many time to set it up, both automatically and manually and couldn’t get past the setup. I even reset my iPad to get the sync option to work, with no luck. Then I tried my iPhone a number of times. Every time I buy an apple product, I regret it and vow never again. This experience has been no different! Yet I keep trying.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I've had a previous AppleTV and liked it enough to upgrade to the new one, mainly for the voice search. But this remote is very different and extremely hard to control. It's TINY and thin, OK, like the older one, but at least that didn't have a touch feature and was all metal. This touch screen is so sensitive, even when set on the lowest sensitivity, that it's hard to control the TV, and, if it's on your lap and you happen to barely touch it, there goes the show you're watching. Forget about picking it up - a finger touching the edge changes the TV screen. I was considering gluing it on to a larger piece of wood or plastic just so I could pick it up without triggering it, but before I could, while shaking out a throw on the sofa, I didn't feel the remote being there and flipped it on the tile floor. It shattered both the upper and lower glass screen and now it doesn't work. Really NOT user friendly.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

I’m very disappointed with my New Apple TV. Can’t turn it on with Siri. I have to disconnect my Visio surround sound to get good audio reception. The remote is so sensitive that even on the slowest setting, as a senior it takes me several tries to get want to watch what I want.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I am becoming very frustrated with Apple TV. I hate to go to Apple TV anymore because I am just slammed with a bunch of stuff I have no interest in. It's getting to be not worth it to try and find what I want to see. I am now going to Apple for shows about a quarter of the time I might otherwise due to the confusing page/app/interface/advertising scheme. I am an Apple TV+ subscriber and I can't enjoy it due to all of the crap Apple tries to sell me. Fix this, put in filters, change it before my subscription runs out or I won't be back, there is too much competition for my viewing time and money to deal with this aggravation.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I am disappointed by the lack of two basic features on the Apple TV 4K.

Number 1: No ability to disable the Siri/Search button. When my children press it, they’re suddenly staring at offensive movie/TV covers of Stephen King's IT, American Horror Story, or Baywatch. Seriously? My children have to see all of these pictures because they simply hit a menu button? There's no way to disable the search screen. This is unacceptable.

Number 2: I cannot delete certain Apps - if I place them inside a folder, there is no way to password protect the folder. Essentially, kids can go anywhere on the Apple TV and explore anything on the device. Yes, they're prevented from 'buying' anything, but they can still *see* everything. So much for guarding the innocence of children.

Please, Apple. Give moms and dads the power to protect the eyes and innocence of their children. Thank you for listening. In the meantime, I have returned my Apple TV 4K to the store and I have gone back to my Jailbreak 3rd generation device that allows me to fully control the menu.

Apple TV Company Information