4.44/5
  • 1 star
Based on 18 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

18 Apple TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

The Apple TV is very easy to use and many available channels and can use iPhone as remote so I can make any changes without moving out of your chair. Have had a great experience using it. When I compare to other streaming it seems to give me all that I need for my home. This is a very easy way to get tv and it was given to me as a gift. I think the selection of shows is more than adequate and there are shows for all ages. I can get sports, movies, shows and kids' programs too.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have really enjoyed Apple streaming and the choices it allows the viewer. When thinking of the Apple streaming service, I like the comparability of the service between devices and the amount of program choices provided. I also like the fact that Apple streaming works on all my devices and allows me to view programming at various locations. But you have to select a different format and it takes time to pull up programming sometimes disconnecting.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I like that the Apple TV has the ease of interface, lots of streaming apps and searches multiple streaming services for shows and saves my entire library in the cloud. The remote is also easy to use and with voice control too. More apps than Amazon and Smart TVs like Sony and Samsung as well. However, there is no 4k video available yet on the Device, no single log on across all my cable company apps which is maddening and does not connect wireless to TV yet so wires show.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Apple TV helps when you would like to catch up on shows that they don't have time to watch at home or if they are living with others who got the television. You have your phone all to yourself and can enjoy your streaming for as long as you like and wherever you like. It's also more faster to use and especially because it is more mobile for me as compared to having to bring a PlayStation and I can also use it on the bus. But they can improve by uploading more common and new episodes that come out in a timely fashion of the release date of the show.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I like the portability and accessibility to so many apps and the ability to play content from them, it's really an awesome feature to have and very convenient. We can play movies we have purchased or have downloaded from our phones along with pictures and to play music through the tv and speakers is an added bonus. But sometimes playing content can freeze which is a little annoying even though I realize it can be an internet issue. The remote is also annoying and I wish it was bigger and had option buttons to use. We easily lose it in the couch all the time. On the other hand, we like the features. The feature to play iTunes from your computer is the added part that you cannot do from a Roku device and that feature stands out the most among the different devices that we own.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

It has movies I can rent in the comfort of my home and I don't have to use a disk. Other than the price to rent movies, it's simple, easy and seamless. I choose this over others because it was the first of its kind.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I chose this service based on another recommendation. Many of these products run consistently in our other electronic areas so the cohesiveness of staying in the same brand resulted also in my main streaming source. I'm very content with my Apple TV streaming service. I like the layout and visuals of the service. It's clean and pleasing. I can also easily find what I'm looking for while having quick access to everything I need. Any issues I have have most often been an internet service issue. And those issues are typically resolved in less than 10 minutes should they occur.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

It's a smart type TV. You can go online & look up things such as music, movies & you can even go on FB. I just got mine last month, so I'm still learning how to use it. Because you can do so much on it & I really enjoy using it. Some days I get a little carried away & be on it for hours a day. So it is really a good Apple TV. You learn to use it as you go. I would recommend you to buy it & see if you like it or not, but I promise you, you will like it and it's really addictive.

But I think they should improve a lot of things. I hate that it don't load properly and I be waiting for a good 30 minutes to a hour and be getting sleepy. But I called up there to see what was the problem, they said the server was going extremely slow. Also, I more would choose horror. Because I love scary movies & I would prefer comedy because I laugh at a lot of different things. So the comedy is number one & I love love stories, sad movies all that. It just depends on if it's really a good movie.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

It's pretty easy to navigate. Think it could be something my mom could use. Easy to use and has a good variety of shows to choose from. Lots to choose from. I like this service. Would recommend to friends. Works for someone like me but can I download programs to USB or DVD? Also, maybe the fee is a little too high. Wish the seasons were longer with more episodes. Also, wish the seasons weren't so far in between.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I love it for my whole family - It's easy to use and has a wonderful selection. It's great for the adults and the kids. It keeps me motivated to exercise. There are done series that I save for the elliptical. Watching them is my motivation and reward for exercising. Plus, the option of streaming content off my phone is a huge bonus. Searching should be easier, though. I'd like to be able to search all movies and not go channel by channel. Ratings and rankings would help with the searches and maybe link to IMBD too.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Well satisfied with Apple TV - The ability to save movies and the selection of various apps that can be used with Apple TV make it a very compelling streaming subscription service. It's also nice to have access to music. It has more variety and is very stable. It is well integrated with other Apple products. The equipment is easy to use, virtually trouble free, and is very stylish in appearance. There should be access to more free programming, though. But there is a good selection of movies as well as access to major networks and Netflix. ESPN is also supported so that one can receive college sports.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I enjoy the wide range of different networks Apple TV has. It is also very simple to use and there isn't anything that is too gimmicky. It's the one I use daily. It is also a very long lasting product that will not burn out. It is also very easy to navigate to whatever network you want like YouTube. The only real issue I have with Apple box would be sometimes the lag. It would be great if everything reacted much better to your commands like typing. Also typing in the search bar can be somewhat of a hassle.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I love Apple Devices - I like that I can get to Hulu and Netflix on the same device. I wish it would include Amazon Prime Video. If you have a subscription to something like DirecTV and you pay for premium channels, then you can also hook that up to it somehow. It is easy to navigate through and even easier to hook up to your TV and internet. Hooking up your Apple ID to it also is easy, and if you have an iPhone, you can interact with the Apple TV. I would suggest this because it links up to your Apple ID, and you can get your videos and other stuff that you have already purchased.

I would add Amazon Prime to it, though. Even though Amazon has it's own streaming device, if I were a company like Apple, Amazon, Roku, etc. I would NOT leave out the other major competitors because then that will limit what the customers can and cannot watch. To be smart, I would include access to all top streaming companies, so people do not have to use more than one device.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

There are a lot of different choices to chose from. New shows regularly. Easy to navigate. Customized suggestions. Ability to create different profiles within the application for more personalized suggestions per person not per household. It used to be a good value for your money however after Netflix cut up their offered media and put them into channels that we pay for in addition to our regular subscription it lost value. I honestly HATE the channels. They feel like Amazon taking advantage of its customers. Amazon's descriptions for its shows are HORRIBLE. Most of them look like a five year old wrote them. There is no way to see why a show was rated the way it was rated R for... And because of this I personally have an extremely hard time watching new shows due to the high rape content in most shows triggering memories.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Great product. Would recommend - I appreciate that Apple TV allows me to rent or purchase content to stream and also I like the ability to have many streaming content providers available via Apple TV. Huge range of shows and movies - to rent or buy, easy to use your own music on the device, even if it's stored on a computer. Ability to use Apple TV to access Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go is my favorite feature. Apple has stopped providing updates, though, for older generations of Apple TV, making them closer to obsoletion. I find this very disappointing, as the product is not cheap.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

The cost of Apple TV is quite reasonable. The actual box is small and easy to store and is easy to hook up to your television. There is a good choice of channels available, both video and audio. You also can use it to store personal photos and videos. Not all channels are subscription, like Netflix or Hulu. Some are actually free like Pandora. The clicker is too sensitive, though, and it is sometimes frustrating when it clicks past what you want to select. It takes a very light touch and practice to get it right.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Top class streaming service - It is a streaming service made by Apple. You plug it into your tv and it sets up your tv into a smart tv. I really like the overall concept of the Apple TV. It has such a nice, clean and modern design to it. It is my favorite out of any streaming service out there. It works great and doesn't have any issues when I use it. All in all it is an excellent product. One thing I might change would be to have a lower price but other than that I wouldn't make a change with the product in general.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Pleasant and fun - I like the Apple TV interface. Easy to find what I want. I like the other apps that I can download as well. Better than Internet TV on Smart TV. I think my elderly mother would find it easy if she tried it. I think the Apple TV is much better than say a Roku device. The selection of movies is pretty good. Integration with a Smart TV would be nice, though. Also, Siri does not work well on the remote itself. I would also like Spotify integrated, as well as an easier way to save favorites.

Apple TV Company Information