3.8/5 (156 ratings)

About Apple TV

Apple TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

There’s nothing to watch on Apple TV unless you’re a tv junkie that will start watching anything. It’s a waste of money and I received free 3 months after I bought my iPhone but cancelled after about 20 minutes, IT'S THAT BAD.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I have Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime and Apple TV. Apple is the only one that starts buffering or even freezing on me. They have a few good programs, but the selection doesn't seem all that great compared to others.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Apple TV keeps charging me over and over again for a movie that I watched one time last June. No, it wasn’t Ground Hog Day but it sure feels like deja vu all over again! And there is no way to contact Apple TV.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I have been watching Apple TV. The quality is high. While the shows move a little slow, they are engaging and interesting. You need to be warned, however. This is woke TV to the max. You will see an overrepresentation of alternative sexual orientations and minorities. Even though the numbers in real life are very different, all of the shows I've seen show us what their woke world would look like. On top of that, you shouldn't be too surprised to see that woven into most plots is how good woke people are and how bad conservatives are and how, in the end, most problems are caused by greedy capitalists. It does wear on you. So, it's part entertainment and part social engineering. A bit more social engineering than most other programs I've seen.

Original review: July 30, 2022

Good content but the app and remote are sooo very limp in every sense. There is no back button. I feel like I'm handling a tiny bug or leaf. I don't have huge hands.... The remote is ridiculously tiny. You can't get around well.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Apple TV support is pretty worthless. They can't help you to reset the security questions. The only way to do that (required to rent one of their movies) is to know the answers to the existing questions. If you do not know the answers you are flat out of luck. I had the Apple TV subscription for only about 2 months, I had rented movies from them, now suddenly they want me to answer questions. No idea! I have just canceled my subscription. Not much else I could do after 2 very frustrating hours trying to change or eliminate the questions from my account. Most of the shows and movies on their channel require an additional purchase to rent or own.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I subscribed to Apple TV thinking I would have access to view their programming. What a joke! Everything I tried to access cost more and more money. So I pay a subscription fee just to find out that I can’t watch it. They want me to pay significant sums for 40 year old shows. Not a fan!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I have experience installing and using streaming apps. I was not successful in using Apple TV. After trying many times I called support and after 15 minutes on the phone the rep wanted to transfer me to another rep. I declined and decided not to use Apple TV. Very frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Review of Apple TV browser on iMac. You get free Apple TV for 2 months with imac. It's a browser that gives access to shows and movie. They all cost more money, including older movies. A small collection of free stuff but the vast majority is pay content. So Apple wants me to pay $5/month for a browser that allows me to rent content? It's $4 to rent Captain America. So that's $9 to watch one Marvel movie. For less you can get the Disney channel and watch all Marvel in one month. For this cost you might as well just get a subscription to a channel like Netflix and when you run out of good content cancel and try another. Or rent a movie on Google in your browser. Recent movies are $20 on either. Free on your browser or $5 on Apple TV browser?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Charged after free period even though I had canceled subscription in the first or second month. The service is useless to me - I tried a couple of times, but not within the last year and a half - I'm sure I told them I didn't want this service, yet after the free period (2 years?) - I was automatically billed.

Apple TV Company Information