3.8/5 (37 ratings)

About Apple TV

Apple TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Review of Apple TV browser on iMac. You get free Apple TV for 2 months with imac. It's a browser that gives access to shows and movie. They all cost more money, including older movies. A small collection of free stuff but the vast majority is pay content. So Apple wants me to pay $5/month for a browser that allows me to rent content? It's $4 to rent Captain America. So that's $9 to watch one Marvel movie. For less you can get the Disney channel and watch all Marvel in one month. For this cost you might as well just get a subscription to a channel like Netflix and when you run out of good content cancel and try another. Or rent a movie on Google in your browser. Recent movies are $20 on either. Free on your browser or $5 on Apple TV browser?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Charged after free period even though I had canceled subscription in the first or second month. The service is useless to me - I tried a couple of times, but not within the last year and a half - I'm sure I told them I didn't want this service, yet after the free period (2 years?) - I was automatically billed.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

It takes ten minutes to load then kicks back out and freezes up my system. I’m not sure what the point is in hosting this channel when it is not going to work. Or possibly inform the customer. There is no way I will subscribe to Apple TV until it actually works. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Apple TV offers really great programs, such as Ted Lasso, Oprah interviews, Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry, The Morning Show, The Long Way Up, Around etc., and many of their nature shows. The me you can’t see gave great insight and information of mental health programs and treatment modalities offered today as well as normalizing the use of therapy for help with common diagnosis of depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders. I find Apple TV has a limited selection of movies unless you want to pay extra for a lot of the movies offered which is disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

My elderly mom is an existing Apple TV user and been paying for AppleTV monthly. She recently purchased a MacBook Pro in January 2021 and is eligible for a free year of AppleTV with Apples urgent promotion. When she clicked on the email link, it did not activate the free year and continues to be charged monthly. We tried calling Apple directly regarding the Apple TV promotion, but was disconnected several times via phone and had to call back and wait on hold numerous times. I was transferred from one service department to another and then disconnected. I was finally put in touch with a supervisor, Travis, at Apple.

Travis verified that my mom is eligible to receive 12 mos of Apple TV with her recent Apple purchase. However, he said it had been activated on Weds 1/20 and then canceled on 1/23. He said since it had already been activated, he was not able to reactivate. He offered to do 3 months free of AppleTV, and said that’s the best he could do. Since I had been working on this issue for over 3 hours, I just took the 3 months of AppleTV for my mom. I asked to speak with his supervisor to get the remaining 9 months owed to mom, and he said he couldn’t transfer me to anyone as there was nothing further that could be done. He was “very sorry and understood how we felt..”. Seriously Apple? My elderly mom recently lost her wife, has been stuck at home alone due to COVID and only has her tv to occupy her time! She shares her accounts with no one!

After spending $2300 on a computer and was told she would receive this bonus benefit, it should not be this difficult to fix. The account always said there would be a $4.99 monthly charge. Her free 12-months were never enabled! Horrible way to treat the elderly. Way to go Apple! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I ordered cable service with Spectrum which included Apple TV. I was very unhappy with Apple TV because the remote is very difficult to use. There was no way to set up the service without using the Apple TV box; there was no other remote I could have used. Spectrum will not let me return the box because I opened it. Apple itself said it could not help me and referred me back to Spectrum. So now I am stuck with this inferior product. Don't buy one of these and don't do business with Spectrum!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

It is clear, that the two latest reviews are plants. Just because someone has an Apple account and can be verified, does not mean that the reviewer is not associated with someone in the company, in one way or another. Apple TV + is unwieldy enough, due to having its own app, to make the experience of watching their content completely off-putting. The content aside, it is hard to use, and one has to go through all kinds of rigamarole, over and over again, just to watch. I received the app and content free for a year, as many have. However, free or not, giving this channel two stars is probably overly generous. However, I liked the show that I struggled to watch due to the app's misfortunes, and so I gave it two stars instead of one.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

We purchased Apple TV to watch one of their new movies. Strangely, our TV began to turn itself on independently. So I exchanged the unit for a new unit. We upgraded our system to Dolby Atmos with professional installation. Now the Apple TV unit turns on the amp, and the TV and the entire system becomes inoperable i.e. no picture or sound. We have to unplug it to stop it from crashing our amp and TV. Apple TV content is OK. This design flaw needs to be corrected and fixed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Apple TV is an absolute rip off, what a disgustingly greedy company Apple is. There's no words to describe how detrimental this company is to the well being of humankind... Apple clearly only focuses on how to take as much money possible. Apple doesn't care about the welfare of humanity. It's in all our interests to resist giving this evil corporation any power.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

The selection of programs is very limited. They have a good movie or two and that's about it. The platform is not easy to navigate and takes time to see summaries. Also, the two factor authentication is a pain to use every time you want to open the app - it's not necessary to have that much security in my opinion.

Apple TV Company Information