3.9/5 (167 ratings)

About Apple TV

Apple TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple TV?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I have been watching Apple TV. The quality is high. While the shows move a little slow, they are engaging and interesting. You need to be warned, however. This is woke TV to the max. You will see an overrepresentation of alternative sexual orientations and minorities. Even though the numbers in real life are very different, all of the shows I've seen show us what their woke world would look like. On top of that, you shouldn't be too surprised to see that woven into most plots is how good woke people are and how bad conservatives are and how, in the end, most problems are caused by greedy capitalists. It does wear on you. So, it's part entertainment and part social engineering. A bit more social engineering than most other programs I've seen.

Original review: July 30, 2022

Good content but the app and remote are sooo very limp in every sense. There is no back button. I feel like I'm handling a tiny bug or leaf. I don't have huge hands.... The remote is ridiculously tiny. You can't get around well.

Get buying tips about Streaming Services and Devices delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Apple TV support is pretty worthless. They can't help you to reset the security questions. The only way to do that (required to rent one of their movies) is to know the answers to the existing questions. If you do not know the answers you are flat out of luck. I had the Apple TV subscription for only about 2 months, I had rented movies from them, now suddenly they want me to answer questions. No idea! I have just canceled my subscription. Not much else I could do after 2 very frustrating hours trying to change or eliminate the questions from my account. Most of the shows and movies on their channel require an additional purchase to rent or own.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I subscribed to Apple TV thinking I would have access to view their programming. What a joke! Everything I tried to access cost more and more money. So I pay a subscription fee just to find out that I can’t watch it. They want me to pay significant sums for 40 year old shows. Not a fan!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I have experience installing and using streaming apps. I was not successful in using Apple TV. After trying many times I called support and after 15 minutes on the phone the rep wanted to transfer me to another rep. I declined and decided not to use Apple TV. Very frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Review of Apple TV browser on iMac. You get free Apple TV for 2 months with imac. It's a browser that gives access to shows and movie. They all cost more money, including older movies. A small collection of free stuff but the vast majority is pay content. So Apple wants me to pay $5/month for a browser that allows me to rent content? It's $4 to rent Captain America. So that's $9 to watch one Marvel movie. For less you can get the Disney channel and watch all Marvel in one month. For this cost you might as well just get a subscription to a channel like Netflix and when you run out of good content cancel and try another. Or rent a movie on Google in your browser. Recent movies are $20 on either. Free on your browser or $5 on Apple TV browser?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Charged after free period even though I had canceled subscription in the first or second month. The service is useless to me - I tried a couple of times, but not within the last year and a half - I'm sure I told them I didn't want this service, yet after the free period (2 years?) - I was automatically billed.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

It takes ten minutes to load then kicks back out and freezes up my system. I’m not sure what the point is in hosting this channel when it is not going to work. Or possibly inform the customer. There is no way I will subscribe to Apple TV until it actually works. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Apple TV offers really great programs, such as Ted Lasso, Oprah interviews, Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry, The Morning Show, The Long Way Up, Around etc., and many of their nature shows. The me you can’t see gave great insight and information of mental health programs and treatment modalities offered today as well as normalizing the use of therapy for help with common diagnosis of depression, anxiety and bipolar disorders. I find Apple TV has a limited selection of movies unless you want to pay extra for a lot of the movies offered which is disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

My elderly mom is an existing Apple TV user and been paying for AppleTV monthly. She recently purchased a MacBook Pro in January 2021 and is eligible for a free year of AppleTV with Apples urgent promotion. When she clicked on the email link, it did not activate the free year and continues to be charged monthly. We tried calling Apple directly regarding the Apple TV promotion, but was disconnected several times via phone and had to call back and wait on hold numerous times. I was transferred from one service department to another and then disconnected. I was finally put in touch with a supervisor, Travis, at Apple.

Travis verified that my mom is eligible to receive 12 mos of Apple TV with her recent Apple purchase. However, he said it had been activated on Weds 1/20 and then canceled on 1/23. He said since it had already been activated, he was not able to reactivate. He offered to do 3 months free of AppleTV, and said that’s the best he could do. Since I had been working on this issue for over 3 hours, I just took the 3 months of AppleTV for my mom. I asked to speak with his supervisor to get the remaining 9 months owed to mom, and he said he couldn’t transfer me to anyone as there was nothing further that could be done. He was “very sorry and understood how we felt..”. Seriously Apple? My elderly mom recently lost her wife, has been stuck at home alone due to COVID and only has her tv to occupy her time! She shares her accounts with no one!

After spending $2300 on a computer and was told she would receive this bonus benefit, it should not be this difficult to fix. The account always said there would be a $4.99 monthly charge. Her free 12-months were never enabled! Horrible way to treat the elderly. Way to go Apple! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Apple TV Company Information