Angie's List (Now Angi)

Angie's List (Now Angi)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

Angie's List (Now Angi) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angie's List (Now Angi)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Angi?

Original review: March 30, 2021

Had superior products ext. do vinyl siding, front door, and shutters for us. They did a fabulous job. They were professional. Did job on time, cleaned everything up. They followed all COVID restrictions did an overall great job. Recommend to everyone!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Manny Appliance Repair came out to repair my refrigerator. I called on Sunday and they were out early Monday morning. I am a Senior Citizen - two technicians and they were very helpful. "Step away, we've got this." Nothing for me to do - Fan motor needs to be replaced - Ordered and will be back tomorrow to replace. Thank you Angie's List. Could not be more satisfied.

Get buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I contracted with A and P painting in Las Vegas, NV to paint the exterior of my house. I could not be any happier with the level of service and expertise from this company! I highly recommend this painting company.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Buyer beware! The Moving Company is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and can be neither trusted nor referred as a competent relocation partner! SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM. Moving is, in and of itself, a stressful time for most people. Especially when you take particular care of your stuff and have high expectations of those you select to assist you with the process. That said, this review is intended to warn others to do their homework and be extra careful when selecting a moving company.

At first, my impression of these people was quite positive and of no concern whatsoever. A mentality I had was ‘let’s get this done together, I trust you’. Now that it’s said and done, in hindsight, I was so very mistaken. Be sure not to make the same mistake. Get multiple bids and ensure they do a detailed inventory of your belongings. During the move, watch their EVERY move. They won’t always be forthright about having damaged your stuff. But you’ll notice it days later after you’ve made payment as you settle into your new place. Also, be sure to take a look inside the truck once your belongings have (supposedly) all been moved to your new residence. Things get honestly (or otherwise) missed.

1) The cost of my move was grossly underestimated. The original estimate was for $2100 which seemed reasonable. Given all of the positive online reviews, coupled with their initial (and ultimately grossly underestimated) cost, I blindly selected The Moving Company. Not only was their cost underestimated by 76% (I ultimately paid them $3700), the move required two trucks on two separate days scheduled one week apart. This could have been a worse problem but fortunately the first move was well before my closing date. This cost estimate was also after I invited them to my home to see my stuff and was assured their estimator is so very good that there would be no reason for me to think their estimate was totally inaccurate. SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM.

2) Several of my belongings were damaged including my beloved piano. Why would they assert they have the expertise to move a piano and then mess it up royally? Such a disappointment. Had I known they didn’t have this expertise, I would have hired this item out separately. I’ve been quite forgiving for other damaged items. Moving is just plain hard on stuff. But now that they have failed to compensate me for the damage to the piano, in hindsight, I should have demanded the other damaged items be included in the ‘insurance claim’. SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM.

3) Missing items. 2 missing boxes I am unable to confirm as received. Another item was admittedly not moved off the truck by the driver/mover. It was confirmed as still being on the truck the following morning. I’ve been promised they will ship this item to me or have it placed on a truck when they have another job to my destination city. It makes me wonder how many other items were missed getting off their truck which I just haven’t yet realized are missing. Now my telephone calls to retrieve my property go unreturned. SHAME ON ME FOR TRUSTING THEM AND FOR PAYING THEM PRIOR TO AFFIRMING ALL ITEMS WERE MOVED OFF THE TRUCK!

So, here I am in my new home and, having written this honest review, only now do I have closure to my poor buying decision. The only way I can move on (no pun intended) is to describe my experience, albeit an unforgiving review for these people. They have demonstrated no care but rather complete apathy for my belongings which I have worked hard over my lifetime to obtain. Hopefully this will allow them to rethink their unscrupulous business practices and consider treating others as they would like to be treated. Do yourself a favor and be forewarned, this is not a business to trust especially for a life changing event such as moving.

Original review: April 6, 2021

This company is recommended by Consumer Affairs. Angie's List. Everything they do is highly unethical if not illegal. They rip off both the contractors and homeowners. They double dip for the same lead across all of their different companies that they own including HomeAdvisor, Fixd, Handy.com, and others. They have fake websites posing as individual construction companies. Their managers change the spend targets for leads on contractor's accounts without their knowledge or agreeing. The sales reps lie and are promoted too. They do not tell new members they are locked into an annual contract, I paid them $300 to advertise and now I am out $2,700 ($1800 to cancel contract). They are now filling other site boards such as Sitejabber and BBB with good reviews from homeowners to cover up.

If the contractor doesn't have the proper licensing for what he does the sales reps will change the state and tasks so they can get a deal. Now they are ripping off the homeowner with their fixed pricing. If you get Any leads they are for things your company does not do and you are lucky if you get a single lead. There are tons of other illegal things going on. Too many to count. I had a horrible experience with them. Do your research and you will find this is one of the biggest scams out there running businesses into the ground by the minute. You will only get a big hole in your bank account!!

Original review: April 6, 2021

Updated on 04/12/2021: Round 2 continued: So I got the email from HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi which said Here is your fixed-price quote for your work: $240 minus our friendly 15% discount results in $204- simply click here or Prefer to Book by Phone? Me, being a doubting first-timer thanks to several previous surveys here on this helpful website, I'd rather talk to a person so I make the Call 567-205-3672 option. The slightly-accented friendly person picks up after a nominal wait and says, "Sure I can help you start your project: please give me your credit card number and only after the work is completed will your card be charged." Hmmm, do I trust Angi? Sure, what could go wrong?

The rep says, "I have your appt set up for Wednesday." Wow- that's quick which I appreciate: "Wed as in tomorrow or next week Wed?" "No not next week, tomorrow." Great I say. "What's the final price?" "$413 discounted down to $333- quite a savings for you right?!?" "WOW hold the phone, what happened to $204 or even $240?" "Yes I see the $240 but that isn't right; but I can start your project for the huge savings of $333." To me, that would be a savings for my project. But I'm losing interest fast: "I need to talk to a manager." "Ok, np, I'll connect you."

I get the email setting up my appt for the Following Wed, and Just for kicks, I check my credit card account- sure enough- a pending charge for $333. Good things come in threes? After another nominal wait I talk to a kind-speaking accented person with matching-noise-volume of the call-center that he is in. "Can you make sense of this?" "Sure," he says, "Everything looks right to me: $333 for the following Wed." Me, "I'm ready to cancel." Np, he says, "No more appt and no charges." And I'm out, Whew, done and done.

Original Review: Uh-Oh, I hope I'm not in for a rough ride like the several other complaints - I signed into the Angi app, I filled out the request for a type of work, it said $400 for the work, which might be a bit high, but okay, I hit NEXT>. Then it said to list more comments in detail about the work needed to be done - I paused maybe 20 minutes doing other stuff online, then I get a call: Scam Likely the Sprint phone tells me. Didn't pick up but the voice mail said Hey I see your request for help from HomeAdvisor! (Apparently they DO share info w/ each other now!) Uh-oh, how did he know I wanted the work done before I finished the details??? More later.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Very frustrated! I have paid Angi $900 (over 3 months) and have only gotten 4 leads!! I signed a 1-year contract knowing that I would have to pay 35% of any unused months if I canceled before the year was up. However, having only gotten 4 leads I feel Angi did not live up to the salesperson's expectations. I know nothing is guaranteed. However, I was told I would get a lot of leads being about the only company in my area for junk removal.

You cannot talk to anyone at the company except the account manager. And he has told me I have no recourse but to pay the 35% remaining on my contract. What kind of company (especially that big) has NO ONE to talk to outside of the account manager? My frustration has hit the ceiling and I don't feel I am getting anything for my money. I even reached out on Linkedin to several people. Only one replied and suggested I call my account manager! Absolute worst customer experience I have ever received. If I treated MY customers that way, I would be out of business.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Angie's List is the Worst Customer Experience I have literally ever had. As I write this, we are contacting a lawyer to help recoup our loss. This could have been avoided BUT Angie's List failed us miserably. Stay away from Angi or Angies!

Original review: March 25, 2021

On March the 3rd, I used the Angie's List for repairs on my Whirlpool refrigerator. I made contact with an individual named by first name only, Rene. He came over to my house looked at the fridge. I had told him that the water valve sending the water up to the water dispenser was the likely problem. He then checked the valve and verified that indeed it was the valve. I also told him that I wanted to replace the housing for the water filter, due to it leaking when the filter was being replace. He gave me a quote for the parts, said it was 195.00.

The total cost for labor and parts was in 400.00. I gave him 220.00 for the parts and he took the monies. He said it would take 2 to 3 weeks for items to come in. He also told me if I paid him with cash there would be no taxes. I called him twice on the 2nd week, he never made contact with me. I then called and texted several times on the 3rd week, and again no reply from him. I have texts and phone called on my phone log to prove the above. In my opinion, he is a thief and a con. I will NEVER use Angie's List or anyone else on online.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I was thinking about hiring someone to go deep clean a friend's home as a gift. I went onto Angie's List (http://www.angi.com) to see if I could get an idea of pricing before deciding. I put that I was just shopping around, looking for quotes. It prompt me to put in my phone number and email but said that my info would not be shared unless I booked with a pro. Ok, safe enough. Or so I thought. My phone has literally rang 30+ times, just this morning...it's only 10 am. I have over 100 angi related emails in my inbox...I "signed up" yesterday afternoon (Sunday). I highly recommend looking elsewhere unless you want to be bombarded with called, texts, and emails. I want to pull my hair out!!

Angie's List (Now Angi) Company Information