1.97/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

AngiesList.com

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

AngiesList.com Reviews

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I'm an inground pool owner. My story involves 2 contractors... Bob, owner of Prestige Pools and Oscar, owner of Oscar's Pool Service. In 2017 Bob's company was hired to re-marcite and correct my pool's walls and floor finish which felt more like 60-grit sandpaper. Bob's company subbed out the corrective re-marcite work... which also failed by startup of the 2018 season. Bob and his company (Prestige Pools) stepped up and contracted to have this faulty Marcite app corrected. 2019 is where Oscar's Pool Service comes in. I could not be more pleased with Oscar and his crew. To a man they were professional, knowledgeable, courteous and methodical in their approach to correcting my pool's faulty finish. In closing, I would strongly recommend both companies. They both are stand-up ethical business entities that operate with a sense of fairness and integrity doing their work as though they were doing it for themselves.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

This is the first time I have ever had someone clean my house as I have always cleaned my house, and I am know 81 yrs. old. These ladies really did a fantastic job, I am so pleased with them & I am now going to have them come once a month to clean. I was so surprised that they even cleaned the shower walls & dusted the blinds too! Vacuumed the rugs & mopped all the tile floors, dusted everything in the house & polished the furniture too. I really recommend these ladies, I am sure you would be pleased with them, as I always thought I was a good housekeeper & very picky too. So if you are in need of having someone clean you house I certainly recommend them. Call: Grace.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I recently had my backyard updated. The cement was cracking and was not very safe to walk on. My neighbor had her backyard repaved and she turned me onto 3D Brick Paving. So I called them. They came out and showed us some different types of pavers we could have. Well we were happy with what we saw. So we hired them. I was not disappointed. On a scale of 1 to 10 I gave them a 20. Their people that did the work treated my yard as if it were their own. Made sure everything was what I expect before they left. I also think that the price was well worth the final product I received. I couldn't say enough about them. I now have my new backyard. It is so beautiful. I am retired now and I tell everyone I have my new retirement backyard. My husband and I could not be happier. I would recommend them highly.

Original review: June 4, 2019

Cornelius ** of Smiling Windows R Us got to my home ready to work hard and do a good job. He was prompt, well-organized, friendly and willing to do whatever I wanted him to. He got my many windows ready, cleaned them the way I wanted, then cleaned and put my screens back on and they were perfectly clean, bright and shiny again like I wanted. He then began the second job I wanted which was to do a "soft" outside house brick power water cleaning. He used a very mild chemical and it was cleaned perfectly in only a few minutes from greenish black to off-white again. He was polite and listened to and did exactly what I wanted very well and promptly. The price was also very reasonable for the amount of time and work. I intend to use his business again for these and other things that they do: like gutter cleaning. I would highly recommend their services to anyone with no reservations. J.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Mold First Responders recommendation: After having been ill with lung problems for over a year and having had tests done, a specialist said I was exposed to mold. I did not see or smell it but it was there in my kitchen ceiling for a number of years after the tenant above me flooded her kitchen with water from the heating system. First, I had mold testing done by an independent company to confirm the mold. Mold First Responders was the first name on the list their clients had great success with. I phoned Mold First Responders and a person actually answered the phone and explained in detail what they do. I was able to arrange a very early morning appointment for my convenience and Luis and his coworker arrived at exactly the time designated.

They set up their equipment, very carefully covered my floors, rugs, furniture, packed boxes and doorways with protective materials and then came back to remove the mold from the ceiling and walls with microbial cleaner/scrubber. They continued to monitor the rooms for 3 additional days to ensure all the mold spores were removed. I received very detailed information over the phone as to the process they would use and when Luis came, he gave me verbal details of what would be done. I received a comprehensive written estimate with every item listed that would be used during the process. There were no surprises or hidden costs at the end. What was quoted was what I paid.

The men were polite and respectful and true to their word. They showed each day at the time agreed upon and left my home in spotless condition. They deliver what they promise – they do it right and do it once. I rehired the original company to retest the work done and now have a house that’s safe to live in and could be sold without issue. I also had them demo the ceiling in the bathroom where they removed seven bags of plaster, wood and debris. All ceiling plaster, wall plaster and pine paneling was removed from my property before they left. My home is now safe for me to live in. Thanks to Mold First Responders. I give my highest recommendation to this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AngiesList.com?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I hired some movers that were recommended by Angie's List. They stole from me and then refused to answer my calls. When I asked Angie's List to get involved they said they'd be happy to contact the company I'd hired...if I became a member. Which is $100/year. I asked them why they advertised companies if they weren't going to take responsibility for the people they vouch for. They shrugged their shoulders and reminded me they'd be happy to contact the company I hired for $100. I am disabled and I rely on the integrity of places like Angie's List to recommend trustworthy companies. Several police reports, calls to UTC, and threats later I finally have my items back. No thanks to Angie's List. Stay FAR away from these people.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

This is the least customer-friendly company I have ever worked with in 30+ years of buying advertising. For over 10 years I have been fed a constant stream of crap from a revolving door of account reps about how their latest and greatest new program was going to be fantastic, revolutionize the market place, and result in more leads. Instead, leads have gone down and cost have gone up way beyond simple ordinary rate of inflation or the increase in "paying" members. Even though advertising businesses provide the bulk of the revenue for them and are the backbone in which they rest upon, they treat us like marks, assuming because we are small business owners we must be ignorant of best and current business practices.

This is not sour grapes on our part either - we actually are a well-rated company on Angie's List. But we are second class citizens with few rights compared to the reviewers. Our inability to combat false or terms violating policies is ridiculous. And curiously enough, how they have used fear as a sales tactic, telling advertisers that they will lose grandfathered or bulk pricing rates if they hold off on renewing all or part of their contracts is reminiscent of the Yellow Page bullying that occurred in times past. If we treated our customers the way Angie's List treats us, we would be a ZERO star rated company. This is a 2 star review overall because leads are still provided, albeit at a very costly rate comparatively. And much, much fewer for the dollar than in the past.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

All I can say is stay away!!!! They scam people with lies saying they're going to help you get jobs. They charge me 300$ for a month and nothing. Their excuse was I didn’t have enough reviews!!! Really!!! They Tricked you saying you can cancel anytime and then when you try to cancel they said you have a 1 yr contract. SCAMMERS!!!! ** Treasea account manager the worst liar ever!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

The "list" that Angie Hicks became famous for is a thing of the past and never to be repeated again. Service Magic, a referral service that had long been in the business of selling leads to service providers, hijacked her list and began pedaling the names of those service providers to consumers. But as time would have it, Service Magic re-invented itself as Home Advisor and hit the scene with massive exposure advertising FREE use of their services to consumers. This was a direct affront to Angie's List and paying members soon quit paying because Home Advisor supposedly provided the same services for free. In her weakened state, Angie Hicks soon realized that it was impossible to maintain her exclusive model for connecting consumers with quality service providers so with the "handwriting on the wall", Home Advisor bought out Angie's List for a very tidy sum in May 2017.

They immediately began transforming the original Angie's List model into the Home Advisor model that was free to consumers but very costly to service providers through the old pay-per-lead method. However, the pay-per-lead method destroyed the very thing that made Angie's List unique and wildly successful to both consumers and service providers. We have been on Angie's List through all of this (15 years or so) and it pains me to say it is only a shell of what it once was. Consumers are groomed to "trust" Angie's List to connect them with quality service providers but are often terribly disappointed with the results.

Service providers now have to pay outrageous dollars just to get a lead whether it results in a job or not. There is MUCH more that we can say about these things but time and space do not permit. IMO, it is extraordinarily sad to see Angie Hicks promoting Angie's List on TV when it is nothing at all like the list she started 20 years ago. No doubt, Home Advisor required the use of her face and endorsement as part of the purchase agreement. In a sense, Angie Hicks sold her soul.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

But I got a message from them telling me my payment did not go through, no kidding, while I was in the hospital having surgery, Angieslist starts billing me as if I had an account set up already, I knew I should not have furnished my card # until it was done not before. I was looking into Angieslist and talked to a sales guy who could not finish my account and make a website etc.

I get a message that I have not checked in with my website and they alleged I had customers trying to reach me. My girlfriend looked at what they said was my website and it had my name with a phone number that is not mine, funny they can get the correct # regarding my paying them but placing my ad they used some number not mine and started billing me for what is my name, the wrong phone number and no customer reviews and rated NA while every one else had colorful site with actual phone numbers glowing reviews and rated A. Why would anyone call my ad compared to theirs and if they did they would never reach me anyways. I been hit with over $700 bucks of fees for nothing and now they been ignoring me 2 weeks to rectify this situation.

AngiesList.com Company Information