2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5
Based on 5,333 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: April 17, 2021

For the first time in my life, I'm 60, I found myself needing SNAP. I tried to shop grocery Amazon & was ripped off for $53 for 1 Root Beer and another $23 for a bag of nuts? Amazon won't allow you report to anyone, and covets this behavior? I'm amazed. I shopped Amazon for decades as a general consumer, and the one time I need all the help I can get, Amazon is there with their hand out looking for ways to scam me and rip me off. I looked and the Root Beer is sold by Amazon itself and they are still selling it? They listed 1 Root Beer for $53 and that insinuated by price to me that we were talking more than one (1)? Possibly even cases?

My goodness, I thought I'd help others by posting this to stay clear of AMAZON. I'm back at work now thank the Good Lord, and don't need this anymore, however, for those that do, scammers are there to take advantage of those on government care and Amazon is first in line I guess. And yes, maybe I should have shopped in store, however, I had surgery and was recovering and looking for avenues to get groceries into the house and Amazon did nothing and I mean nothing to help. They took forever, took advantage, overcharged and stood behind charging $50 plus dollars for one FLAT ROOTBEER they threw in a box? Wow!

I won't shop there now that I have financially recovered for any item, any more EVER. I don't care if they are the only ones to carry it the item, I just won't do it. I'm so shocked by Amazon's behavior, it's unreal. I don't shop companies that take advantage of the American Dollar, and Americans who need help and are on SNAP. Wow! Corporate Greed at its best here. Bottom line, I had no one to complain to, I had no other choice but to leave it here, as Amazon thought I'd just go away and BBB said it wasn't a reportable matter?!

Original review: April 17, 2021

Prime member are supposed to get free delivery and early delivery, my package was undeliver on the day that they promised, they send the replacement 3 days after and promised to be delivered early morning, didn’t receive it till later. So disappointed with Amazon right now.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have all of my Amazon packages delivered to my office, as Amazon, for some reason, is unable to find my apartment even though it is very clearly marked. The address for delivery at work says (in all CAPS) Deliver to Reception Desk. In addition, I receive emails whenever a package has been scanned and delivered.

Today, I received an email indicating that a package had been delivered. I had not received it. I went out to the table by the entrance door and find the package laying beside a BIG SIGN on the table that says (in all CAPS), "Amazon - Do not leave packages on this table. It is not a secure area. Deliver all packages to the reception desk." This sign is in addition to the one on the entrance door that says, "Amazon - Deliver all packages to the reception desk!" #reading101

Original review: April 16, 2021

I ordered global carpet on 31/03/2021 with order number **, price 5599 / -, which I paid through SBI net, deliver from 03/04/2021 to 07/04/2021. Was not the same deliver but when Amazon talked to customer care then asked to wait till 12/04/2021, talked on 14/04/21, so now Amazon says wait till 22/04/21, So Amazon got very frauding, and when Amazon customer care talked to Himanshu on 14/04/2021, he said directly that there will be no similar deliver or refund, which is to be done, then go to date 14. On 04/21, I filed a case from national consumer grievance docket number - **, and consumer court form whose case number is - **, and date is public grievance portal complaint number - **, don't worry Amazon. You People like cheater will have to show your courage, there is still time to refund me 5599 / -, and stop giving this time, give my refund! And I am making a case raise under section IPC section 311, over Amazon, ok. Rajlaxmi

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have order an item from them. An Classic Tv movie. Banacek Season 1 DVD. And, Do not take my DVD player it's only it's international DVD player. Ask the seller Rarewave-Import for two things. First, the tracking number and Refund. I pay it with a Gift card. I have to re-order same title with Region 1 DVD. The statement and Reviews I will stand by it.

Amazon.com Company Information