Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.96/5
Based on 4,791 ratings submitted in the last year

5593 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been a Prime member for many years. I use Amazon for most of my shopping needs except groceries. I haven’t really tried that as an option. They offer a lot for the cost of membership. This includes commercial free music, unlimited photo storage (not including video), free movies and TV shows and two day free shipping.

Also, I have never had a problem returning an item. Their customer service is always helpful including their technical support. They stand by what they have represented online. I had an order that showed to be delayed from the promised date, when I called they gave me five dollars off to use as credit; The package actually got there on the original promise date anyway. They also hold their sellers to the same standards. When I had purchased a mattress and adjustable bed from the website and had a problem they told me to call the distributor company and if I was not satisfied with a solution I was to call them back and let them know. For a very large company they operate like a small business with great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I’ve been using Amazon for 19 years and I swear by it. I’ve probably ordered well over a thousand items and my satisfaction rate is something like 98%. I certainly do my research by comparing prices with other online retailers and will use another retailer when their prices are cheaper. I rarely have a problem with the purchased product but when I do it always gets resolved. They also do a great job with inventory. I used a couple other online retailers, purchasing (supposedly in stock) items with guaranteed Christmas deliveries only to have my order cancelled right before Christmas as the item was out of stock. This has never happened with Amazon.

My only real complaint is with Amazon’s online reviews. Many of them are complete garbage, giving 5 star ratings on junk products. I’ve learned how to spot this and can now work around it; but I was duped a few times before I figured it out. Additionally purchasing from Amazon 3rd party sellers can sometimes present problems. Research their return policy before buying. Amazon’s return policy has always been fair and I’ve never had a problem. I’m also a Prime customer, so not only do I enjoy swift delivery but I get Prime video and music which I enjoy tremendously. I think as consumers we all need to do our homework; and while Amazon is not perfect; it has worked near enough to perfect for me.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime member for almost a year now. For only $12.99/month, I have so many options and Amazon products (streaming ANY music I want, at any time I choose on ANY device; Amazon unlimited photo storage with automatic uploading so I don't lose any photo or video when a device fails; Amazon Smile contributes to my charity of choice (St Jude's Ranch For Children in Boulder City, NV); Amazon NOW allows me to order almost anything I need from a grocery store, and delivers it to me within the time frame of my choosing; Amazon Prime gives me the option of choosing 2-day FREE shipping, or free shipping that delivers on a later date - but gives me a $5 reward for choosing the later option which can be applied to my Amazon NOW order (so far I choose the "later option for free delivery" twice and now I have a reward of $10 off my next Amazon Now purchase.

I love to shop on Amazon because here in Las Vegas, it's difficult for me to get to a store that offers the items I need. Plus, I can read reviews of products by people who are verified purchasers of the products, and ask questions about something I'm interested in, if I want. Even if I end up buying something in a store rather than on Amazon, I always try to read the product reviews and questions and answers about the item I'm buying ahead of time so I know I'm getting the right product for my needs.

When others have stated that their orders haven't shipped on time, it's probably due to the seller of the product in which case Amazon really has no control over how long an item takes to reach them. That's another thing I appreciate about Amazon Prime - I can order from an Amazon Prime verified seller which guarantees my 2-day free shipping, hence, I've never had an order that was misplaced, that didn't arrive on time, or any of the other problems some consumers complain about.

Amazon has excellent customer support, and due to the excellence of service I've received thus far, I've only contacted their customer support once - when I had a log on issue. Since I became a member of Amazon Prime, I've never had an issue with anything at all and am very pleased with the options I have for ordering everything and anything I need at any time I need it.

It is very well worth the $12.99/month fee for Prime membership because I figured out that if I shopped and purchased products in-store, I've spent a lot more than $12.99 on gasoline, wear and tear on my vehicle, the time it takes up going from store to store to find exactly what I need, and, of course the extra money spent on impulse-buying. (There's also the risk factor of getting a traffic ticket, lol, which would be more than twice the membership fee). For me, a person who used to love to browse through stores just looking - and comparison shopping, now that I am not able to do the walking it takes through huge warehouse stores, or handle the crowds of people at stores, the ability to shop on Amazon and avoid all of the hassle is far better than conventional shopping in stores.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Once again, I'm giving Amazon a 5-star experience, this time due to its excellence in customer care, even on a Sunday afternoon. When I had an issue with a local UPS store while trying to print a return shipping label for an item I purchased from Amazon, I contacted the customer care department on the Amazon shopping website in order to have them mail the return shipping documentation to my home. The deadline to return my item was very near so I was in a bit of a panic to get a return label asap - my printer refused to print, the UPS computer and printer were not cooperating, and to get the proper documentation mailed to my home was my last hope... Until I chatted online with an Amazon.com customer care representative.

The CSR I chatted online with was patient while I explained every detail of my frustrating dilemma. Not only did the CSR listen to every word I wrote in chat (I know this because he addressed each struggle), he reassured me and told me I could expect a UPS driver to come to my home the next business day to pick up my return package and that I would not have to print any return shipment documentation - it was going to be handled by Amazon and UPS, free of charge. As a former Customer Service Specialist for a large corporation in Los Angeles, I and my workgroup won awards for excellence in customer satisfaction. Based on that, my 5-star rating here should have some value.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Shopping online has become not just a luxury for me, but a necessity due to my disability. I no longer have the ability to stroll through stores, browsing the shelves for what I need or to be inspired by what I see there. The Amazon Prime shopping app (both on my phone and on my laptop) has afforded me the opportunity to look at different products I need, check prices on different brands, and read reviews by customers who have purchased and used the products I'm interested in purchasing. It also delivers what I order in a very timely manner, and since I've become a Prime member, my deliveries are free, within a few days of placing and paying for my orders.

Since the deliveries arrive via UPS, my phone is alerted with a text message telling me my packages have been delivered to my doorstep. Anytime, if ever, I need to return something, Amazon.com sends a return shipping label to my email which I can easily print, and drop my package off at the UPS store only a few blocks from my home. I can also choose to have a UPS driver pick up the return package from my home so I don't even have to leave the house. (Another option Amazon gives me is to mail a return shipping label to my house for just $1, in the event that I am unable to get my EPSON printer to function properly... See my other review!)

I had a minor issue with getting a return shipping label printed at the local UPS store, so I contacted Amazon customer support and chatted with one of their CSRs online. My issue was resolved beyond my expectations. I've never been happier with online shopping, in all regards. Overall, I would highly recommend Amazon Prime to anyone - not just those who are homebound like myself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have been a long term Amazon customer but lately, finding it best to be super vigilant when purchasing through Amazon. Some of the sellers that are listing there are pretty shady. Received a package this week for an Amazon order and was surprised that the order came from Walmart.com, not Amazon. The box was a Walmart.com shipping box and the return label said Walmart.com. Checking the Walmart.com website the exact same item was listed for sale for $10 less and free shipping. Complained to the Amazon seller and asked to return the item because it was shipped from Walmart.com yet listed on Walmart.com for less.

There is a place on the Amazon returns page to check "found for less elsewhere". The seller was happy to let me return the item - oh by the way, for a 20% restocking fee! That would make what I paid for the item a whopping $22 more than Walmart.com. I now feel that I have been too complacent when shopping at Amazon and will be more vigilant in the future. I intend to complain to Amazon about this practice and have given the seller a poor rating but doubt that any of it will do any real good.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Ordered a tie on 20th Jan 2019 for 349rs. and never received the order. When the order was to come to my place for delivery I used to wait at home and then when I check the status of the order it says delivery guy was unable to find the address! No one ever called me and no one came for order. 2 times I checked the status update that delivery guy didn't find my address and the third time my order went back from where it came..and then in Feb I received refund of the amount which also I was not knowing as I didn't got any notification. I was waiting for my order like mad. Then today I came to know that my Amazon pay balance also got expired worth 651 rupees with no reminder or alerts.

I spoke to a chat agent Sunkara just now. She was like taunting me on chat. I can send screenshot if needed. She doesn't knows how to talk with customers. Very unprofessional. I felt very bad with the words she told me on chat. She was like, "Now you realized and what what." The agent I spoke to on call was very nice and polite. He told me that he'll escalate this and within 10 working days I'll get a reply.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

After not been able to contact this department they suddenly decide that I was not scammed. Although someone else has taken my giftcards as also I have the originals they decide this without knowing the facts. This company should do a better job on their peoples. They dont care about you and if you want to tell them the honest story you need to fill in a form and perhaps they call you. Worst company ever. Peoples it's not because it's big that this is a good company. All proof is with me!!!! Watch out they are NOT a good company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

After a decade of being a loyal Amazon customer and still continuing to shop on Amazon frequently... But I just realize that I get so aggravated each time I need to place an order online. There's no 'go back to cart' button/option. Hahahaha! It is insane! I literally have to close my browser and open Amazon site again. For years! I've been doing that because I need to double check or make some changes to my shopping cart. Really?! I mean, really?! It is almost 2020 outside. I feel like I'm back in 90s. It's Amazon, how could this happen and last for so long???!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Do not use Amazon. They do not care about their customers, their employees are horribly trained, and they make no attempt to resolve issues. Their security is outdated and beyond ridiculous. I'm going to make every attempt to cost them as many customers I can. I am going to post to every social media possible and if they only lose 1 customer, I'll still be happy. I am asking for the most basic fix and they can not provide it.

Amazon.com Company Information