2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.16/5
Based on 1,717 ratings submitted in the last year

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I absolutely love Amazon. Their selections, prices, notifications and returns are so easy and customer friendly. I am a disabled veteran with metal rods and screws in my lower back. My resistance to the cold is very low and the cold can be painful. I only bought Christmas presents in a store for 2 of my 14 grandchildren. I was also able to avoid the post office by having 4 gifts sent directly to 2 distant states.

I have had a few returns and I love how easy it is to send them back. Some I just print a label, repack and leave for my mailman and others I take to a local Kohl's. I do not have to package it up, I just show the QR code Amazon has sent (I show it on my phone or you can print it). It is only a few hours and the money is back in my account. Kohl's will give you your return receipt and a 25% off in store coupon good for a week. Savvy, aren't they. LOL. I have had a few issues that required a phone call directly to Amazon and have been taken care of with courtesy, friendliness and a quick resolution of the problem. As you can see I am in love with Amazon and will continue to buy a $5 or less item or a $1000 plus item. You just can't go wrong!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

We have shopped Amazon for years and always find them a pleasure do deal with. We live in a isolated area where there is no shopping unless you want to drive over 200 miles to the stores. It really doesn't matter because Amazon can deliver what we want or need when we want it and accepts returns without any hassles. You may find a product for less money at other places but when you figure tax and shipping it always comes in higher than with Amazon. We have bought a few items of clothing throughout the years and have also returned some. Other than this they are where we shop. We buy paper products from them as well, such as stables for house. We always check other outlets first but always end up going to Amazon.

After many years of shopping with this store, without a doubt we know for a fact that we do not have any worries about a return or refunds with this outlet. If we have any issues we can always rely on a Rep. taking care of it without any stress on our part. They have always come through 100% for us. There just isn't any online store like this one for shopping for they cover anything one might want to buy, all lines of any product you are interested in along with reviews which greatly help in making decisions to purchase. They continue to be our number one online for us, can't see that ever changing.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I really love shopping at Amazon because any time I have ever had a problem their customer service has always been great about fixing the issue. Whether it's damaged merchandise and needing a refund to needing to know about a product. Because I have over the years had to deal several times with damaged merchandise from other seller's and a few but not many from Amazon themself and Amazon has always helped me as I said with getting a refund or replacement which ever I asked for.

Some people leave reviews about a bad experience with a seller and not being able to get their problem resolved and blame Amazon for the seller's but it's obvious in their review they didn't take the time to contact Amazon about their issue. I love getting my food for my fur babies at Amazon because I'm a prime member and I know I will get it on time unlike alot of other places who promise a delivery date but don't deliver on that promise. I'm disabled so I get a discount rate for prime membership and that's great that they give back and help people who sometimes need a little extra help. I've shopped at Amazon for several years and have never had a late package. In today's times that's unbeatable service.

Amazon usually has anything and everything a person would need. One place shopping. They are great about the details for item's also about if it's in stock or not. I hate ordering from some places and then after they take your money they send you a email saying oops out of stock but then take 4-5 days or longer to give you a refund,your money back. Anytime I've ever needed a refund it's always been back on my card the next day from Amazon. I just can't say enough about my Amazon experience.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Unprecedented. The perfect word to describe Amazon. In every positive sense of that word! All because of one man - Jeff Bezos. What an entrepreneur! What a vision! This is from personal experience. Let me explain. I had given up all hope, after a horrible experience with Amazon.ae (formerly Souq.com) - due to a Herculean effort to get an order cancelled and the subsequent refund issued. I have never faced such a feedback-resistant team in my life! They were robotically answering my calls and sending me monotonous, unhelpful emails, followed by absolutely zero action!

Hiding behind all sorts of implausible excuses - ‘the seller is not reachable’ (in a place like Dubai, where the mobile phone and fibre-optic internet services are nothing less than 4G!), ‘we are unable to cancel your order’ (shipping it ten hours after I had clearly cancelled it in writing), ‘you can cancel the delivery when it is delivered’, ’the refund could then take up to one week to be issued’, etc., etc. Extremely frustrating conversations! I even had a customer service manager here call me from a U.K. number (with dodgy call quality!), who took nearly ten minutes to get the order number right, followed by an unkept commitment to initiate the refund. This was the general tone of the team here. A despicable experience for any long-term customer. I had virtually lost all hope of resolving this and convincing them that this was definitely not expected of the megabrand that they were representing! Dejected! To say the least.

Out of sheer frustration, I emailed my grievance to Jeff Bezos, of course not expecting a reply from a trillionaire sitting 7,400 miles away and then again, why would he bother responding to someone that he has never met or heard of before? Guess what happened? The response came. Prompt and extremely effective! Within a few hours, the entire mess by the team here was sorted out and the refund initiated. His response mentioned that he will take “any action necessary”. Any action. That is how much the founder of Amazon loves his customers. It’s not by fluke that they are No. 1 and will continue to remain so. Their founder’s principles are strong and his corporate vision is clear. Nothing but the best, for the most valuable asset that a business can have - its customers. I wish this absolute Legend all the very best.

I would advise customers with serious complaints to address them directly to him and feel safe in the knowledge that they will be resolved. I will continue shopping with Amazon only because Jeff founded the company. Thank you Sir, for caring, when you easily could have looked the other way and ignored my communication in the bulk of emails that the richest man of earth is bound to receive. The corporate world and the other global business icons have so much to learn from you. So, so much. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

The Amazon French Press is cheap, easy to wash, easy to use and very fast. It takes me no more than 3 minutes to have my coffee after having boiling water into it. It also allows me to make my coffee stronger or lighter depending on my mood, friends, etc.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I tried to say bad things about Amazon and it cut me off. Never ever again for me. I'll review elsewhere. I paid for a book via Visa June 29. Today August 3 I tried to find out what is happening but there is no telephone or email address to contact. Never again for me and I will review elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Amazon sells Fire "tablets" to compete with other tablets on the market. The devices Amazon sells are not "tablets" in that they will not run commercially available apps unless they are purchased from Amazon. Specifically, I purchased a Fire 10 tablet to interface with a golf launch monitor for which there is a free app that will run on true tablets and even cell phone but will not run on Fire because it is blocked. When I contacted Amazon customer service, they advised me the Fire will only run Amazon apps purchased through their store. This means the Fire is not a tablet but an Amazon reader not capable of functioning as a tablet. Pure greed and fraud on Amazon's part.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I purchased face masks for my daughter from Amazon and the vendor was through China. After a month of waiting our package arrived. They masks were supposed to be five white five pink. We got all ten pink. Not only that but they looked like pink satin panties with a strap. The strap was so thick it bent back our ears and we can't wear them. After speaking with Amazon they only credited my account with them by $5. That was a waste because Amazon has lost me as a customer. The next day they emailed me refusing to post my review. The vendors pay them for positive reviews only. I'm done with Amazon.

Original review: July 30, 2020

I Recently bought a Planet Audio amplifier for my car and knowing how long it takes for delivery it asked me if I'd like the item to be delivered in one day. All I had to do is become a Prime member. So thinking that I'd get faster services and delivery I became a Prime member hoping my package would be delivered the next day like it advertised. 4 days later no package. Nothing. I was so furious I just didn't want the item anymore. I ask online support where was my package and if it wasnt gonna be a one day shipping then why do they advertise it. They tried to buy me off with a $5 promotional credit. Really $5. That just made me more furious. I then asked why am I being charged for services that I'm not getting if I knew it was gonna take this long to get my package. I would of just ordered it regularly.

Amazon then tried to buy me off with $10 credit. $10 really! I was more furious and decided I want to cancel my prime membership and order and want a full refund and they told me I had to wait 3 to 5 days for my refund. Really. How much more will Amazon make me have to wait. Wow. From my personal experience amazon is a scam. They sucker people to becoming prime members for the same services as a non member. Amazon is disappointing....

Amazon.com Company Information