1.60/5
Based on 1,458 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5126 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Poor experience is becoming the norm. The latest is ordering a book as a Prime member. Told it would arrive in two days. After three days I contact customer service in India via chat. Of course, they apologize and then I am told it will be shipped overnight and the delivery charge will be paid for. The next day it doesn't arrive. I contact chat (again in India) and am told there was a delay and it will arrive in 3 days, which the site now says it will arrive in two days. I inform the customer service agent to just cancel the order. I am then told I would have to call UPS because it has already been shipped. So, basically lied and did nothing the day before. No one shipped it overnight. Amazon is trying to do too many things and now can't even meet the basic obligations of its customers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If could give a minus star review I would. Amazon has the worst customer service I have ever seen in my life. I was having issues logging in to my account on my new computer and was prompted with their 2 step verification system, which it only allows you to get a code through either a text message, a call or through an authenticator app. According to the platform, the system automatically sends a text message with the code, which I never received. Then when I chose the option to get a call, the system never calls. The authenticator app doesn't work because it never prompts the barcode to add to the app.

When I email customer services I am told that I have to call customer service for security reasons and because of this, they don't send codes over email. I replied back saying that a deaf-mute person cannot make or receive calls, and to please provide a different alternative. After 2 emails explaining the same over and over again, I am told to chat with them over the platform. I chat with another representative and the same thing. This person reads the same script without even reading my comments. I told them the same, a deaf-mute person cannot make calls, and the person just replies that they encourage a deaf-mute person to have a family member call them to solve the issue. Really? Do you call this accommodation? This is a rude response to people with permanent disabilities.

Clearly, they don't care for the customers just for whatever they define as 'secure.' I make a friend call them and they made them wait for another hour to solve the issue, which it doesn't get solved at all. Finally, we had to provide a copy of my driver's license just to deactivate the absurd 2 step verification system they have forcibly imposed on customers. Shame on you Amazon and Amazon support people, this is an offense to all people who cannot either make calls because of disabilities, or anyone who does not, or do not want, to have a telephone number. I am sure that if it were to accept my payments for a purchase that would be allowed without a question or a security excuse. Shame on you Amazon, this platform and their support services is awful and offensive. Someone should do something legal against them.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Amazon is getting sloppy and yet still promising the world! Once again another package not on time as promised and missing during shipping! People sign up for Prime membership and pay the fee to take advantage of the guaranteed shipping dates and anymore it seems 9 times out of 10 they're not met! How can a company promise and charge for a service that they cannot fill!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was a Prime member since the beginning. It was great then prices went up. Shipping slowed down - way down. I cancelled Prime soon after the price hike. Shipping was still slow but no different from Prime today. Shipping is horrible. Products like PS4 fans are junk. No quality checks. Switches are backwards. Runs louder than my window A/C unit. I am waiting on my last my very last order from Amazon. It has been 10 days now. I will never use Amazon again no matter what they offer me ever. They refuse to post my reviews about their bad products and horrible shipping. AMAZON MUST BE STOPPED and I'll do everything I can to make this happen.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My wife bought an item through Amazon Prime about a year ago. Ever since, each month without fail, her credit card has been charged GBP7.99 for Amazon Prime. We have been unable to contact anyone in Amazon Prime to get this stopped. The end result, I will never use them and my wife will never use them again, and I am cancelling the credit card concerned.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have purchased photography equipment for the second time from Amazon. I was very happy with my 1st experience although I waited 2 weeks for my parcel. This time around they put my order on priority delivery. I ordered it the Thursday and the Monday it was delivered via DHL. My second parcel arrived 4 days later. Amazon's customer service was great and very helpful. For international shipping 5 and 9 days for delivery and clearing customs is very fast. I am so impressed. I will recommend DHL shipping when ordering from Amazon. My second order arrived even earlier. Will definitely order from them again. I am a very happy customer!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Anymore the shipping service with Amazon sucks **, they can't get stuff out of the warehouse on time, they use the wrong carrier to meet the dates they send to their customers, and then act like it's all the carrier's fault? No **. If you guys shipped on a Thursday instead of Friday the 2 day guaranteed item would show up Monday not Tuesday. My other personal favorite I've had happen is when they say it's sold by Amazon but actually being drop shipped by a 3rd party, so they charge you immediately for the item as it "shipped" but in reality it's pending fulfillment by a 3rd party that then takes 2 ** weeks for them to fulfill as it was back ordered. Amazon is becoming just as slimy as their CEO.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Every time I order anything it will show delivery attempted even though they did not even came by. When you contact Amazon all they say is to contact the carrier but I did business Amazon not the carrier. And no matter what you tell them they all just turn around and try to tell you that you are the one lying since it shows marked as they did come but nobody was home. And I got everything recorded and nobody goes just marked as that so basically one lose the day doing nothing.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Amazon utilizes FedEx SmartPost and United States Postal Service. Both have no problem "fudging" the tracking info. I can receive a package on a Saturday yet the tracking will show it was delivered Friday. Further my last order was delivered to the wrong home by USPS and the occupants kept the package and the USPS were not able to retrieve it and deliver to me. This is so unfair to both the seller and the customer. And the only thing you get from Amazon is an "I'm sorry" from a foreign voice that can barely be understood. Logistics is useless and after over 600 orders, I'm convinced that Amazon will never get timely delivery for Amazon Prime customers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

So I have been using Amazon for the past two years and I have never left a review as I just couldn’t be bothered. For once, I wrote a review as I actually liked the product but then later receiving a message on Amazon saying that I won’t be able to post any more reviews as I was violating against the policies. I called them a few times later receiving an email saying that I ever the had a relationship with some seller, or I was getting free or discounted stuff and that’s the reason I was posting a good review and also my account had been banned from writing a review ever since. What really pisses me off is that there is always a button there where you can choose to leave a review but when I do, I get a ban. After called them 10 times and speaking to 5 different managers, about a month after the issue.

What I got told on the phone was basically, "We will not provide you with any more information, we will not prove anything to you and the decision is final, happy or not, deal with it." How bad does it sound? All I asked was, if they are ‘determined’ I was violating against their 3 policies like I have said above, prove it to me that I actually know the seller or I was getting free stuff? But no, I don’t get any and I have to deal with it. The very last manager that I spoke to had a terrible attitude and they don’t treat you like customers.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

As a businessman I am very disgusted with how they handle their Prime Members. First of all, when you promise 2-day shipping you expect 2 days. As Prime Members, you want that service and expect it not when you deliver says you're going to show then doesn't show at all. I've lost many hours waiting at home where I can be at my business working. Then tell a customer, "Oh well we will give you a refund." Just maybe people don't want a refund. This becomes so frustrating and I have waited and talked with customer service and said: "what is the point of having Prime if I can't expect my products on time or missing in transit which has happened to me not once not twice but 3 days in a row". Either your workers can't do the job or they are just lazy and that is completely unacceptable. Why pay so much money a year for Prime where you can't even guarantee your product. Do your job or many people will leave Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I didn't use Amazon Account for while and tried to reset my password, but it doesn't work. I've created a new account, but not able purchase there - Amazon provided rewards card, and they supposed to send SMS to verify phone, but SMS wasn't received (multiple attempts). I stuck there. And there are screenshots to confirm my experience. Later I contacted Amazon support by email, unfortunately no reply. Surprisingly, very negative experience, I hope Amazon fix these issues.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have Prime delivery. For all the good this has done me, delivery is 2 days late, courier is even worse lying about delivering here meanwhile I’m at home waiting all day. Amazon was contacted 3X, by email and they said this has never happened before, YEAH right! This is 2x for me. I am livid, I will keep bugging them. Oh they offered $5 off my next purchase.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We ordered some Beyblade toys for my son. They 3rd party seller gouged us more than 3x the actual price of the toys. Upon sending back for a refund, we were shorted $3.33 in addition to not being refunding shipping cost. Total we paid was $80.88 and what was refunded was $71.66. When I specifically asked why was there a shortage of $3, I was told, it was from a 3rd party! IF this is something that is policy, it's not out in plain view for the public to see. He could not quote me on any policy that Amazon has about 3rd party and returns. I am LIVID that Amazon is operating in such a shady way. Not only did the seller price the items astronomically high, we're getting screwed out of money from Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I ordered some school material for kids on 10 Jan 2019 and waited for one month for delivery, beginning of February the customer service apologized and mentioned that they would ship it right "now" so was expecting to receive stuff by now (11 Feb...), still nothing. Just had a long chat with customer service (a minimum of 6 persons in all). They inform me that it will at my place by 21 Feb now... So great, kids will have 48 hrs to work before exam :-), how lucky. Extremely bad service!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

There has been multiple times (more times than I can count) where my package has been delivered to a different address. I've had to track them down and call to find out where they went, even though the delivery person said it has been delivered. My house number is clearly on the side of my mailbox and it's a simple following of instruction that Amazon delivery service just can't seem to follow. Are they hiring imbeciles? I just don't understand how they can be the biggest company in the entire world and have such absolute terrible delivery service. Why cheap out on proper delivery when you offer free shipping for Prime members? Shouldn't that be your #1 priority? Because this has happened so many times, my wife and I are canceling our Prime membership and will no longer be doing business with them. I highly encourage others to do the same until they are willing to spend some of those trillions on hiring proper delivery personnel.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I was selling a lot on Seller Central. After talking with 12 reps over 1 week, they still couldn't fix my problem, I called they hung up or gave me wrong info. Screw Jeff Bezos, I would love to put him in my shoes so that he could face the abortion of a company he leads.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Hi, I bought item through Amazon "Omron Evolv Bluetooth Wireless Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor" through my promotional certificate. They marked shipped but I have not received the item. I call to Amazon. They opened investigation but they did not tell me the resolution of my opened investigation till 10 days, every time they said call after 2 days. At last they said, "Report in police station. You have lost your item," however Amazon did not deliver the item and they torture to customer to go police station and waste time after 10 days. Nowadays Amazon is worst company and not trustable and fraud company. Always buy item through Credit card so that you can dispute the transaction through bank so that these company not harass customer. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I tried Amazon. Usually they are okay, 95% accurate. Now they are 100% inaccurate. I bought red tennis shoes size 6. They ship a Size 9! I bought a rolling cart for medical equipment. They send a NON rolling cart! Whoever is doing the hiring is hiring the wrong people. Now I go to Walmart.com. ZERO problems and are even faster than Amazon.com. I am not usually a fan of Walmart, but whoever Walmart hires are stellar and accurate. No more Amazon, Walmart is now for everything for now on for my family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I wrote an Amazon review about never receiving my order and because Amazon shipped it, they refused my review. I feel like it’s not good to refuse negative reviews. I didn’t curse or anything. If this site allowed pictures I would post it. I really think I’m going to stop ordering from them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I ordered the Avantree ANC031 Headphones after doing research on the best headphones for my needs. The ANC031 is a more expensive and more functional set of headphones (than the ANC032) and comes with a carry case. I paid $96 including shipping and tax. Ten days later I received the cheaper ANC032 set via courier. I was very upset as I knew the differences and felt short-changed and cheated. I reboxed the item - and went to the same courier that delivers Amazon products in SA - being ARAMEX. They now quoted me $106 to return the package - but AMAZON would only give me $25 to return the item. Even the normal postal service would cost $50.

Amazon is becoming a really poor company. I lost my whole Kindle Library when they took over Kindle - and despite them "trying" to help - I could never recover the $100's books lost. My Amazon account was also hacked - and once again - nobody to talk to - even after I returned an item that was incorrectly delivered to me at my cost - I had no re-reimbursement. Amazon started in a garage...it is going to end there.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Placed an Amazon order a week ago, and it was scheduled to arrive today (6 Items). I specifically had it shipped to work instead of home because of all the porch pirates. It was due to arrive before 1:30. I waited to go to lunch to see if it would arrive. At roughly 1:15, I checked my Amazon account, and it said the package was delivered at 12:30 by an Amazon carrier. Well, guess what, it was NOT delivered to my office. I called Amazon and got switched around at least 5 times. The carrier did NOT take a picture of the location, and the note said it was left in a secure location.

The reps on the phone tried to track the GPS and said it was dropped off 4 blocks from here, but they didn't know where. After a half hour on the phone, they would only give me a 10.00 credit, on top of the refund of the entire order. The loser driver probably kept the package for themselves, otherwise why NOT take the picture? So big deal, they will get a reprimand, a slap on the wrist, and they will be out picketing for higher wages. Give me a break already, how difficult is it to deliver a package. The CSA's don't even care, nor does anyone else at Amazon. In the meantime, Jeff Bezos is getting richer and richer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been using Amazon religiously for years, and have always loved the convenience of the fast and reliable shipping. However, over the last months, I have encountered FOUR shipping issues, either stating that my product was somehow damaged and sent back and that I should order a new one myself, lost and I should order a new one, or not delivered because "they did not want to leave a package unattended" even though they always leave my packages by the door for the last 4-5 years AND had left a package from a different order DURING THE SAME DELIVERY. Prior to the last month, I had never encountered any problems with Amazon, and now all these problems are occurring and I am wary when placing an order, almost anticipating some kind of error. Amazon used to be reliable, and now all that has gone down in the dumps. Will be canceling my Prime Membership, and will NOT be using this company anymore.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My wedding dress was delivered AFTER I got married... I contacted the seller to no avail, so I wrote a bad review. That got their attention... They refunded my expedited shipping, then told me if I removed the negative review they would refund the dress and let me keep it... I even have an email stating that the refund would be in my account in 1-4 business days. Then they stopped responding for two months. I got fed up and I contacted Amazon for my refund. THEY DENIED IT! So apparently, their sellers can ** people over and they won’t back their customers up. I even sent them a photo of the seller stating they were refunding my money. Never again Amazon, I will continue to shop the old fashioned way, because honestly, your company is backwards.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I purchase a 56 lbs coilover from Tuningsworld a third party seller on Amazon. I received the package. 2 of the 4 item damage. Reached out to the seller who agree to replace the item. However I asked that the item be shipped to a different address. When I didn't get a response I contacted Amazon who put in a claim. Shortly after the seller responded. Saying that I should cancel the claim. He did agree to ship the item to the new address and it will take about half a month. I inform the seller that will not work for me. At this time the seller asked that the item be shipped back to them for inspection. I asked who will cover the shipping cost, no reply to my question. I contacted Amazon again and representative reassures me that I will get my money back and 12 hours later they denied the claim.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I ordered a New ROKU Express+ thru Amazon PRIME, which was only available thru a 3rd party seller. The item happened to arrive a day early and required a signature. I come home, find a delivery attempt note on my door from USPS indicating a signature is needed. I contacted Amazon Customer Service by phone who conducted a joint call with USPS. Apparently, the 3rd party seller chose to ship the item via USPS and required USPS to obtain a signature, whereas every other Amazon item I receive from USPS comes to my home's USPS neighborhood parcel locker. As the Chief Operating Officer Of An Aerospace Company, I don't have all day to wait around my home for a delivery, nor am I willing to wait in line for 1 hour at my local Orlando post office.

While speaking to the Amazon Representative on the telephone, and after weighing the pros and cons of this specific delivery, I chose to refuse the delivery of the item and cancel the order. While on the call with the Amazon Representative, she was insistent that she and I both needed to stay on the line while USPS spoke to me about refusing the order. The simple solution would have been for Amazon to stock the item (as it is a popular selling item) and Amazon could have send it right to my doorstep via Amazon Prime, thru their contracted delivery carriers. To put this into better perspective, I live in a safe neighborhood and have never had a theft of a package on my front porch, not ever. This however is only where the story begins...

When I contacted Amazon and asked them to contact the USPS and the 3rd party seller to not require a signature and place the item in my parcel locker, that is where the lack of customer service began... The initial Amazon Rep I spoke to, made me wait on the line to speak to USPS to refuse the item and while on the call, the USPS representative elected to hang up the phone.

I called Amazon back, asked for a Supervisor, asked him to document what had occurred to date, including encouraging the 3rd party seller not to require signatures on future orders, as USPS by policy will not leave a parcel on someone's doorstep. Rather they will choose to leave the parcel in a parcel locker (being that the item is small enough to fit in a parcel locker), knock on your front door and or leave the package at the local post office. While on the phone with USPS, the Amazon Supervisor hung up the phone.

I call Amazon back a 3rd time, ask for a second supervisor, explain the situation briefly and the supervisor states that she can do nothing to help and that I should expect a redelivery tomorrow. I share with the supervisor that in the prior call, I told the USPS representative to return the package to the sender as the signature needed, which made the delivery too inconvenient. I also asked the Supervisor to document the extremely poor customer service they had provided, whereas in the past, the customer service was excellent.

How could this issue have been prevented? 1. Amazon could choose to stock this popular ROKU device in their warehouse and could have chosen to ship it 2 Day Prime and have left it on my doorstep, while experiencing no security issues. 2. The 3rd Party Seller 'Amazing Camera Sales & Same Day Shipping' could have sent the item, not requiring a signature, whereas it would have been placed in my parcel locker and I could have retrieved it at my convenience, much in the same way I do with all of my USPS shipped Amazon orders.

3. Amazon could RESTART offering excellent customer service by telephone, much as they did in the past, by making it easy for customers to call in. In my calls today, Amazon's computer based telephone system asked for text verification of who I was, when I called in, before my next wait for an Amazon customer service representative. 4. Amazon should not require the customer to wait on the phone to consult with USPS telephone customer service, whom being USPS is not in a rush to get anything done. Additionally, Amazon should not be employing discourteous telephone representatives who either speak poor English and or hang up on customers.

5. The 2 hours I lost in my day today, I will never get back. It is my sincere hope that you AMAZON and you the reader will understand the serious concern for necessary CHANGE to occur within Amazon, regarding the customer service it offers and the need to start 'once again' providing Excellent Customer Service to its customers.

6. As a well educated man, what happened today was not only a waste of my time, it was also disrespectful, in regard to the way I was treated. There was not one time during any of these calls where I was rude, raised my voice and or was disrespectful to all parties involved. 7. I have never seen a company in my lifetime offer Excellent Customer Service over the course of many years, then have that level of customer service become 'extremely poor'. It really makes you wonder what REALLY is happening inside of AMAZON. AMAZON PRIME Grade: F (FAILURE).

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Realized we've been being charged by Amazon for a "sellers" account that we do not control and is not associated with any of the emails we own. Secondly Amazon is charging a credit card we rarely use when buying from them. Amazon will not give us information because our emails are not associated with the sellers account, yet they keep charging our card (14 times to the tune of $559.96). They finally agreed to deactivate the card, but will not take responsibility for the money. (The credit card company is taking responsibility for some, but not all of it.) Gone over the statements carefully & these are the ONLY charges that do not fit. The problem seems to be with Amazon & only Amazon, yet they do not assume responsibility. Advise that you do not leave your personal information (billing/ship to addresses, credit card info, etc) on Amazon and cut WAY back on your Amazon purchases!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Amazon packed a fragile computer in a box with a bag of heavy dog food. When the computer was lost or stolen from the box they explained it was my problem and advised me to contact the police. The fact they packed a computer in a box that was destined to be roughly handled was of no concern to them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Amazon lost my son's North Face coat. They did not deliver the package to my condo or get any signature from me or my condo manager upon alleged delivery. They carelessly leave packages right next to the entrance door or in the common lobby area hallway for anyone to pick up. Numerous emails and 4 hours on the phone with 6 different reps who could barely speak English later, they still refused to start a proper investigation and kept wanting to charge me for the lost item. A week later they asked me to file a police report. It's unreal. One of the reps finally admitted that they did not get a signature as requested for my shipment. I've involved my credit card company, but be careful. They will stick you with the bill even if it's their fault and they lose shipments. Boycott Amazon to send a message. Their customer service needs to be investigated by the authorities!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I purchased iPhone 8plus from Amazon but they sold refurbished and stolen phone in place of new iPhone 8plus and invoice issued without IMEI and SL no of phone. Now they are refused to correct the invoice to hide the crime committed with me.

Amazon.com Company Information