2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.1/5 (5292 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Like most anyone who uses the internet, I frequently use Amazon for a majority of my purchases. Even more so since the whole Covid-19 Pandemic. Occasionally I've had to return purchases which is a pretty straightforward process, no hoops to jump through or hidden pitfalls. Honestly, I don't think it's possible to make it any easier. More Recently, someone purchased over $150 worth of video rentals off my account. I immediately changed my password and contacted Amazon the next day. They helped me narrow down where the charge could have come from, how to prevent it from happening again, and issued a refund. I couldn't be more satisfied with my customer service experience.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Unfortunately, with the pandemic, there are a shortage of drivers and workers, that being said, the last few things I have ordered have all been late, had to be canceled or reshipped. I would rather have a 5 day guarantee than a next day or 2 day since everything seems to be delayed. When we are offered guarantees and are paying for a Prime account I think, given all the circumstances in the world right now Amazon should re-evaluate the guaranteed delivery time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I’ve been a long time buyer from Amazon and I have never once had such a horrible experience with customer service! I purchased a gaming PC in January from a 3rd party seller that I later learned was damaged. Contacted the seller and the manufacturer and never got any responses so I contact a rep to request a partial refund acknowledging that I was past the 30 window. The rep approved the request and sent me the label and the shipping instructions. Seller tries to deny it stating they’d send the pc back if attempted.

Pc gets sent back while I’m at work and is received on the 9th of September. It is now October 11th and the seller has not issued a refund or returned the PC like they said they would. I Contacted the seller and another rep who told me that I could file a claim and receive a partial refund if the seller didn’t respond. They even offer a refund from another order as compensation.

When they didn’t respond two days later, I contact another rep and ask to go ahead with that claim like the other one stated. They tell me that I can’t because it’s past the 90 day mark and tell me that regardless I shouldn’t have sent the item back. So that warrants me losing $565 AND the item that I paid for, even though I received authorization to do so? Okay. I told her that the first rep that I spoke to told me that I could which she doesn’t acknowledge. She tells me that all she can do is email the seller and ask them to either refund me or return the PC. I ask her what my options will be if they don’t, and she says “there are none. There’s nothing you can do because you shouldn’t have sent the item back”. It’s been four days and like I predicted, no response from the seller. I’m not even sure she actually emailed them. At this point, I’m sick of being given the run around.

And I find it funny that ANY time I try to bring up or question why I was given approval by other reps, or ask why and how the refund request got approved, also by an Amazon rep, if I was never allowed to do so, nobody wants to answer the question or acknowledge what the previous reps said. They’re fully aware that they’re scamming people and it’s honestly disgusting. Once I get this resolved, I’ll be sure to delete my account and never make another purchase from their site again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I ordered water purifier from Amazon, and when installation guy opened the package it was like full of scratches and missing parts. I have immediately call customer care, and they are not ready to replace or return the product.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have been shopping on Amazon since 2012 and have enjoyed shopping there until now. Amazon recently informed me that there were unusual activity* regarding my reviews and they would remove them. I then contacted Amazon and asked them to clarify and give me more details as I was absolutely dumbfounded by their accusations. Like most Amazon customers, we write product reviews just to help others to make informed purchase decisions.

To my surprise, they refused to provide any specific information and seemed to escalate the situation further. They replied: ‘As a result of your inquiry regarding this action, we reviewed this case and our decision thoroughly and have come to the same conclusion. We will not restore this account's ability to contribute with Community content.’ What it meant was they removed all my previous reviews and banned any future ones. What really disturbs me is Amazon accusing me of wrongdoing and violating their community guidelines that I had no idea about but refused to provide any evidence or information.

I then appealed my case again and sure enough they sent me this: ‘The email you received on 09-29-2021 was sent to you in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.’ They said they would restore my account's previously contributed reviews but as of this moment they haven’t done that. I am truly shocked by Amazon’s ‘strong arm’ approach that they could accuse anyone without providing any specific details, even though they weren’t sharing any information with other parties but me. This incident has caused a lot of confusion and frustration on my part. Customers who take the time to write reviews deserve better treatment than aggressive form letters sent out by what seems to be a robotic customer service centre.

Anyway, I am done with writing Amazon reviews and will better make use of my time.

* What does unusual activity mean?
    -- Elements of the account indicate a relationship with sellers, publishers, or other reviewers on the reviewed products.
    -- Reviews and ratings were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.
    -- The account requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews and ratings.
    -- The account was created for the primary purpose of writing reviews and ratings that violates our policies.

-- An unauthorized party may have accessed this account to write reviews and ratings.

Note. Amazon has a program called Vine Customer Review of Free Product which the vendors provide people with free products through Amazon (eg. Sony X90J 65” tv retail for $1898 ca) to write an honest review. Guess what? 99.99% of the time people write four/five star reviews for free products. It looks to me Amazon is breaking their own rules by giving free products to customers in exchange of positive reviews. Shady business? You tell me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

İt is hard to complete shopping, delivery dates are confusing. There is no bold information about which products will be supplied from abroad. Also UX is complicated. Too many words and text around...

Amazon.com Company Information