2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.2/5 (5304 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 20, 2021

I have been very happy using Amazon.com for years, with very few issues until recently. It appears that their customer support has changed, most likely due to the Chinese Covid-19 virus, which has brought our country to its knees. The only issue I have lately is that, if you have a gift card balance on your Amazon account, and during the order process you specify another payment method, like VISA, they still may charge the item against your gift card balance. That might not be a problem, unless you are saving that balance for a family member to use. I recently spent more than a half-hour in a chat session trying to get the charge moved from my gift card to my VISA, as I had specified when placing the order. It was not resolved as of this date. I won't knock off any stars at this time, due to Covid-19. I will continue to shop on Amazon, and will continue to compare their prices against their competition. I still rate them 5 stars!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I have the AmazonBasics Microwave, Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700W, Works with Alexa, and I am very happy with it. It took me a little while to adjust to the way it works but I am quite happy with it. I don't use microwaves very much, so the smaller size was just perfect for me. It holds a small dinner plate perfectly. The height will accomodate my plate plus a 3" dome cover. I don't ever have the problem with the setting being wrong because Alex repeats my request back to me. This has been easy to clean. The only con I have with this microwave is if my Wifi is down I need to reset my microwave sometimes. But, this also means my clock is set, on its own, the minute it is plugged in.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Like most anyone who uses the internet, I frequently use Amazon for a majority of my purchases. Even more so since the whole Covid-19 Pandemic. Occasionally I've had to return purchases which is a pretty straightforward process, no hoops to jump through or hidden pitfalls. Honestly, I don't think it's possible to make it any easier. More Recently, someone purchased over $150 worth of video rentals off my account. I immediately changed my password and contacted Amazon the next day. They helped me narrow down where the charge could have come from, how to prevent it from happening again, and issued a refund. I couldn't be more satisfied with my customer service experience.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I've made several orders with them and got a bunch of stuff free because of gift cards from Bing, mom, and my electric service provider :). I'm impressed with delivery. They've been right on time or early and leave my item right at my door and send a picture of the item sitting at my door when they've delivered it. No muss, no fuss, and evidently no porch pirates. Nobody has called yet to say "where are you" or "I can't find you," like with some other delivery services, with the added aggravating factors of a thick accent and/or a crappy phone and/or a inclination to argue, or any combination thereof. So frustrating and does nothing to make my life easier and more convenient. I hope Amazon keeps up the good work. I should note that all of my items were shipped by Amazon as opposed to third-party sellers.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Amazon Fresh in Woodland Hills is a very nicely laid out store, I found that the prices in store compared to purchasing online are slightly better. The store is clean and organized however, half of the people shopping are completing the Amazon Fresh orders placed online for delivery or pick up. There were a few common produce items and fruits that were not restocked but appeared available for online purchase. I suspect they get those from the back before they bring them out. The quality of the food is good as is the variety of products. They have an awesome prepared food section where you can buy hot prepared meals such as Pizza, chicken, I even saw a sushi section as well as other prepared meals that are refrigerated for a quick warm up and eat.

Original review: July 26, 2021

7/3/2021 An Amazon driver hit my parked car. Neighbors all saw it happen after the two people delivered a package next door. The amazon driver quickly got out after they hit my car, picked up their ladder and left. By the time I was told they were long gone. I called the police but because they hit the vehicle and ran there wasn't much information he could put down. I was told I would be contacted several times after I submitted the supporting documents that I could but never was. I kept calling and emailing and finally they told me last week that they found the drivers, found the truck, and were going to review. Also claimed they reached out to one of the witnesses which WAS NOT true!

Today I get a call back after calling them and emailing repeatedly stating that they are denying the claim. How am I supposed to come up with more evidence if THEIR employees fled the scene. DO NOT use this POS company! They treat a lot of people the same way, even with the actual package deliveries! ALL careless!! This is the kind of company they are! This is the crap way they train their employees to be! Damage people's stuff and leave like nothing happened.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I bought an extended warranty with an item in 2017. In July 2021, I requested a claim, but Amazon says they can only search back to 2019. They can't look up a warranty that they themselves sold me? Surely, with all the data retrieval power they possess, they should be able to retrieve information on their own product. The representative made no effort to try to further remedy the situation.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Complained 5-6X re packages left outside my gate. Courtesy credits were issued. Used the courtesy credits on products turned out not as described & returned. Then told courtesy credits were not refundable. That is insulting & makes me angry.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I have called Amazon multiple times and telling their representative multiple time I do not want them to group all my orders that should be delivering the same day in 1 single package but as of today they still doing the same thing. Worse yet they waited for the order it supposed to delivering a day later to group it into 1 package then ship out even if that make my delivery late or a day or 2. Ever since they use their own shipping company they turn into a junk company.

Resolution response: July 21, 2021

Well everything worked out. The USPS did contact me and explained that a mail locker is "no contact parcel delivery". The package was sent back to the third party when it was not removed from the locker and Amazon contacted me by email with a refund of the item within 3-5 days. Well I guess I overreacted, I need to adjust myself more to covid-19 protocol and have a little better more understanding. I try to explain it to my granddaughter, she just wants the lights, and now a two new tops! Amazon and USPS step up and took care of business.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I was a Prime member for a while. Didn't care too much for it, movie selection was small and had to pay for all the good one. Package was ok, but I managed. I decided one day to cancel it which I did. From time to time I order stuff for my granddaughter and send them to her house in Loves Park IL. Recently I order her some lights. I follow the tracking number which was giving to me. And it kept on telling me on its way, until one message say delivered. Well I had my granddaughter check everywhere for it. Can't find it anywhere, also the information message said in a mail locker? I try to contacting Amazon for a week, they said contacted USPS. Ok USPS has no record of it and the tracking number does not exist in their database. Waited there days for that message. No message back from Amazon yet. What happen was simple payback for canceling Prime / EVERYONE BEWARE of the company that is going to change the world!

Amazon.com Company Information