2. Shopping

Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5
Based on 2,496 ratings submitted in the last year
Sign up for a 30-day free trial of Amazon Prime! *
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I use Amazon.com often, and 99% of the time, they do an excellent job. With the volume of business they do, it is understandable that occasionally problems will arise. Recently, I ordered a twin size bed, which is a bulky item and more pricey than my normal orders. It had a delivery date of two weeks later (most of my orders I receive in a few days). When the item was not delivered on the date it should have been, Amazon's tracking info stated I would have to contact the delivery company, which I did. They never received the item from Amazon. So, I went to Amazon directly and found that the item made it to my city, but not to the delivery company. It was marked as lost.

First of all, you don't just lose packages. Loaders sign for them, unloaders sign for them, and there is a driver or pilot in between. If the package was damaged in transit, or even if it did become lost or stolen, they should have reached out immediately to determine if I wanted to replace the item or get a refund. In talking to Amazon Customer Service, I chose to reorder the item, but I asked if I could have it sent like an Amazon Prime service with expedited delivery for my inconvenience. This doesn't sound like an unreasonable request under the circumstances, since I now have to wait another two weeks. They could not do that.

In attempting to reorder, they said they were having problems reordering the item, so I would have to get a refund. That's not a big problem, but I've already received the mattress that belongs to this bed and a replacement would be better. At the very least, they could have maybe offered a $50 gift card or something to keep my business, but they did not do that either. So my refund was processed and I returned to the seller's page and reordered the bed - without any problems in doing so. Again, I will have to wait two weeks to see if that order makes it through. I just think that as big a company as Amazon is, they could handle problems a little better than this.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

With Amazon you can leisurely shop in the comfort of your own home for just about anything. Amazon automatically shows other items for you to compare so you don't have to keep searching for a better price, etc. Shipping costs are usually free or very inexpensive. They save items you previously viewed. You can add items to a wish list or cart to purchase a later date. You can review all of your past orders. Your payment methods are stored securely in your account.

When your item arrives and for some reason you have to return it, you click on return on your orders page next to the item you are returning and you are emailed a return label and then you ship it for free at UPS or go to a Kohl's store and return shipping is free! Once the return is in process, your payment account is credited before Amazon even gets the item back. The prices of items are extremely competitive. When you need to contact customer service you get an immediate response and they help you in every possible way! Need I say more?

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I am very happy with all my purchases since I have been shopping on Amazon website. I never had to return any of my items. I buy for myself, any member of my family and friends. I like how I can zoom in to see the photos of the item that I am purchasing from all angles. This helps very much with the decision making if I will really make the purchase. Description of the product as well. I like how I can track my items while it’s in transit to me. The convenience of shopping online is the best. You can get just about everything by shopping online on Amazon. The option to pick up my package at locations nearest to me is great. I just love Amazon Prime as well. How can I forget that???? I recommend Amazon to anyone that I come in contact with and they’re looking to make a purchase. I always say look ???? it up on Amazon from the comfort and the convenience of wherever you are. Make your purchase and it will come right to your door.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

I absolutely love Amazon. Their selections, prices, notifications and returns are so easy and customer friendly. I am a disabled veteran with metal rods and screws in my lower back. My resistance to the cold is very low and the cold can be painful. I only bought Christmas presents in a store for 2 of my 14 grandchildren. I was also able to avoid the post office by having 4 gifts sent directly to 2 distant states.

I have had a few returns and I love how easy it is to send them back. Some I just print a label, repack and leave for my mailman and others I take to a local Kohl's. I do not have to package it up, I just show the QR code Amazon has sent (I show it on my phone or you can print it). It is only a few hours and the money is back in my account. Kohl's will give you your return receipt and a 25% off in store coupon good for a week. Savvy, aren't they. LOL. I have had a few issues that required a phone call directly to Amazon and have been taken care of with courtesy, friendliness and a quick resolution of the problem. As you can see I am in love with Amazon and will continue to buy a $5 or less item or a $1000 plus item. You just can't go wrong!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

We have shopped Amazon for years and always find them a pleasure do deal with. We live in a isolated area where there is no shopping unless you want to drive over 200 miles to the stores. It really doesn't matter because Amazon can deliver what we want or need when we want it and accepts returns without any hassles. You may find a product for less money at other places but when you figure tax and shipping it always comes in higher than with Amazon. We have bought a few items of clothing throughout the years and have also returned some. Other than this they are where we shop. We buy paper products from them as well, such as stables for house. We always check other outlets first but always end up going to Amazon.

After many years of shopping with this store, without a doubt we know for a fact that we do not have any worries about a return or refunds with this outlet. If we have any issues we can always rely on a Rep. taking care of it without any stress on our part. They have always come through 100% for us. There just isn't any online store like this one for shopping for they cover anything one might want to buy, all lines of any product you are interested in along with reviews which greatly help in making decisions to purchase. They continue to be our number one online for us, can't see that ever changing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

My package was lost and I needed it for my business. Now I have to tell my customers about my incident, I will not be using Amazon for my business anymore. PS. I pay for Amazon Prime each month faithfully!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I've perused the internet in search of any relevant experience to the one I'm about to describe, and came up empty. Christmas shopping through Amazon is a particularly masochistic endeavor if you're on a budget and doing your best to track it. They seriously need to examine their internal accounting practices to streamline payment tracking for customers. Their current method is nothing short of a tangled nightmare. Point-of-sale billing is a foreign concept to them I swear.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Bought from 3rd party seller through Amazon off-course. Worst Panasonic handset ever bought. (1) Handsets died now and then, right between a call even though had lot of charge. (2) Alarm doesn't go off all the time. (3) Charge for 7 hours notification doesn't go off all the time. How can you live with such a defective product. Despite of all this reasons claimed to seller "Good As New Electronics" before 30 days, denied to refund. Then Amazon claimed triggered and seller issued 1/2 refund with 50% restocking fee? Isn't it amazing, 50% restocking fee on renewed item? Only possible in Amazon Marketplace but not with any other online reputable eCommerce marketplace. Can it fall in a criminal category ? Don't know.

It is a shame and equally disgraceful how Amazon handled the situation. Amazon handled the issue very carelessly. Amazon doesn't follow the policies and as a buyer/consumer I have to suck it up with promotional money (kinda store credit) not a regular refund to my bank institution. In a conclusion, I will dry up business with Amazon slowly. I had placed the same review in Amazon.com and they suppressed. So consumers what you see in Amazon website everything is filtered and rosy, most of the time true picture is not disclosed.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We ordered a laptop with Amazon but unfortunately THEY delivered the wrong model. They said we need to send it back to the US and need to pay for the courier service but we will get the Amount for the courier refunded, they promised us. We are calling them since 1 month and they never come back with a solution and a proper refund. All the agent told us they will get back to us but until now nobody did. What kind of service is this?? This is cheating people like crazy. They like to give us a credit note!!! Sure, they want to make more money like this. I am sure they're doing this on purpose so they can make more money. This company is an absolutely disaster which should be banned forever. Be very careful and better don't order which such a company which will cheat you if you want to return something.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I bought an item that was not well described on the website. When I wanted to return it, they refused to issue me a refund. The only option was to have a credit. This was my first and probably last purchase for this company. Also, they leave your parcel at home outside unattended. I much prefer companies that uses Canada Post. Not impressed.

Amazon.com Company Information