Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.85/5
Based on 5,088 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The promised PRIME "one day delivery" never arrived!!! I placed an order on 11/14/2018 and was offered a delivery date of 11/15/2018 for all of the items in the order being fulfilled by Amazon! I have been waiting the entire day for the order to arrive! Finally, I tracked the order and was informed that it would not arrive until 11/16/2018 and was being passed off to USPS. If USPS runs true to form, I will be lucky to see my order by 11/17/2018! This is not the first time Amazon Prime has missed a delivery date! Amazon is really getting sloppy!

Using USPS to save Amazon money is a bad idea. The U.S. Postal Service is extremely inefficient and costly to taxpayers and should be closed down! By subsidizing the USPS and paying for a "PRIME" membership, I am paying twice for a delivery which has yet to arrive! I believe that Amazon has grown too large and arrogant, taking most of its customers for granted and making communication with Customer Service difficult if not impossible! As a customer and stockholder of Amazon, I wonder what happened to our Anti-Trust laws! AMAZON refused to publish my review/comments on their site!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Updated on 12/31/2018: Amazon is not at all what it used to be!!! First they raised their Prime membership cost, then they pretty much stopped Two Day Prime, then orders started coming late (there are times I get a text saying they're four stops away and it never gets to my house until sometime the next day!!!) And NOW I go out to my mailbox on a RAINY day to pick up a package and discover it was DROPPED IN THE GRASS NEXT TO MY MAILBOX!!! I was on the fence about a membership renewal in 2019 but now I doubt I will! The best thing about the OLD Amazon was their customer service and they've lost that completely!!!

Updated on 11/17/2018: I ordered a men's thermal shirt on November 1, and today is November 17!!! The second item I ordered with the shirt came more than a week ago but not the shirt. Even without Amazon Prime 2 day delivery this is unbelievable! And concerning the 2 day Prime feature that no longer exists, I was never even given a heads up that it was not going to be available anymore. This shirt is an example of what happens when Amazon leaves the shipping up to the individual sellers and I'll be using Amazon a lot less now and not paying for a Prime Membership a year from now. This experience may be unique and doesn't happen often but I'd rather drive to a store and make sure I have the item than rely on ordering things like birthday and holiday gifts and not know if they'll arrive in time!!!

Original Review: I'm very disappointed with Amazon's decision to end their two day Prime deliveries!!! That was the #1 of the reasons I bought a membership! I doubt I'll keep the membership next year. If I have to wait weeks for an item due to the seller's discretion, it's not worth it to me.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Prime 2 day delivery: Longtime Amazon customer with very positive experience until I inquired about delivery changes for Prime delivery. I tried chat twice and did not get an answer. In fact they denied it but gave me small $ credit. Something is up long or short term I do not know. Anyone with info, please share. Amazon is not talking. Bad timing for sales, am looking at other options. Very sad. I always had high opinion of Amazon until now.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

AMZL just started delivering in my area of Theodore, AL. Worst delivery service I have ever dealt with, one package was left in a downpour next to a door, when the driver had to literally pass TWO covered areas to put it out in the rain. Next package had been out for delivery for multiple days (when I was supposed to have 2 day shipping). Not what I paid for at all when I bought a Prime membership. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been a prime member for some time and never had any problems. Now out of the blue my 2 day delivery has turned into who knows when delivery. Forget trying on-line chat or customer service. You will get nowhere with them because they won't give a straight answer. Surely something has changed but they aren't going to admit it. Many sites offer two day shipping/delivery. I guess it is time to start shopping elsewhere. Farewell Amazon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I love(d?) Amazon. I have been a loyal customer since they opened their doors. I have spend more than I should have at Amazon. The last experience left me infuriated. I purchased tires for my car. Amazon promised to deliver 2 days later. 5 days later - NO TIRES. We call customer service and they tell my husband all is well - they will be delayed. 10-days later - NO TIRES. This is of course after my bank pre-authorized $805. My husband calls again - customer service rep tells him that the tires are NO LONGER AVAILABLE from that seller. We tell the seller, Forget it, cancel the order and we will buy elsewhere.” The rep cancels the order and sends my husband an email that order was cancelled.

2 weeks later, Amazon takes $805 out of my account. We call and inquire, they tell us that the order was never actually cancelled by the last rep. BUT only 2 tires are available and they already shipped, so too late to cancel. The other 2 are unavailable from the same seller!!! Great, so we now have 2 tires. Progress... We ask that they cancel the remainder of the order and refund us for the 2 tires. The refund takes 3-5 days... Here we are, out $805, with 2 tires coming God knows when and we have to wait for the refund to get the other 2! All of this was combined with horrible customer service. I am incredibly disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been using Amazon for years and think that they are great. That was until they stopped using UPS and USPS. Any deliveries from Amazon that I still receive using UPS and USPS, they have been great and by my front door under covered porch. Every delivery from AMAZON’S own new delivery service has always been horrible. I complained to Amazon when one order was left in the rain by this new service.

Another order was left at the house next door to me that has boarded up windows and overgrown bushes over the walkway leading to their front door. Amazing. 2 other orders were recently left at the bottom of my stairs, while same day for one of these, USPS put my Amazon package right against my front door. Amazon was a great thing until they subcontracted out to poor delivery services. It’s a shame but I will order elsewhere whenever I can going forward.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I met Amazon employees in their IT Dept. They think they are better than others. Very rude ignorant and nasty! When I tried to return defected products they told me I have to call their vendor. The vendor was not even answering! So no RETURN Policy. Period! It happened to me twice and my friend once! And Amazon absolutely does not care!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Order one Bell Motorcycle Helmet, it was not available. They accepted the order, waited 30 days for them to get the helmet. After that they simply canceled my order. The item was available on other Amazon marketplaces, they simply don't care. After that I ordered a new Bell Helmet way more expensive, they say the item is available. For 3 days I been waiting for them to dispatch the item. Probably, will have to cancel the order and return all the item I am waiting for them to deliver. Will stop to buy on Amazon if they don't deliver the helmet, very angry with them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had ordered an album from one of my favorite artists on Amazon Canada. It was one of the rare items that I wanted to receive the day it was released. The day before the item was released, I got an email saying my order had been shipped. I was hoping to get it the next day since that's what it usually takes. But when I checked the tracking on the Amazon website, my order wasn't really shipped. It was only transferred to another Amazon warehouse. The carrier didn't have any info since it didn't have the package. But my credit card was already charged. It was only shipped 4 days later. I finally got it today, but I'm still mad at Amazon.

That's just the latest problem I got. It started when they started to use a local carrier other than Canada Post. They would come at any time of the day, complain that our address wasn't visible enough and the tracking never worked. We tried to avoid them by shipping to the post office, but sometimes they would still use them. Also Amazon now sells so much stuff that they seem to have forgotten about some of the products they have always sold, like books and CDs. The products are often out of stock, not enough are ordered for those who pre-order and a lot are sold by "other sellers" who charge much more. And books are almost never on sale, except Kindle e-books. I now buy almost all of my books at Indigo. At least they put their books on sale and no crappy local carriers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I want to share my awful experience with Amazon customer service. Think ten times twice before ordering something from Amazon. So my experience. On Monday (Remembrance Day, Public Holiday) I got an email of “Delivery Attempted”. All day I was at home, there wasn’t any sign of USP delivery attempt. I contacted with Customer service and was convinced that my package was accidentally scanned in wrong location and tomorrow I’ll receive it. Representative said that she contacted with USP (as I understand now, it was false).

On Tuesday I didn’t get my package too. Again, I tried to figure out with customer service what’s going on. And same thing, they were telling me that they checked it and everything is ok, I will get it tomorrow. Now, I woke up in the morning, check my email, where I found an email notifying me that my package was lost and suggesting to call shipper and claim it. What??? That’s ridiculous. I gave you my money and I have to investigate where you lost my package?

Shame on you guys. I understand all of us are making mistakes (like scanned in wrong location) but it shouldn’t result on final result (like lost package). Representatives! Be responsible! Tell the true! It’s easier for you to tell what customer want to hear but it doesn’t resolve the problem. You need to provide REAL help and figure out what happened with order. Don’t lie to your clients (or maybe it’s the best way for you to get 5 stars great service).

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Our condo building has repeatedly told Amazon delivery they have to buzz staff who accept the package. Once again, they did not buzz, then emailed me for an access code. Then, this morning two more emails saying packages both were damaged and returned. They will issue a refund. Unacceptable, unacceptable. We have NO problems with FedEx or UPS, ONLY WITH AMAZON. Building manager has repeatedly talked with delivery people. No change in their behavior. We have a building of 85 people. We are FED UP! 85 customers who can't get a delivery person to read instructions at the door, buzz, staff comes and accepts packages. We have 24 hour staff coverage How hard is this to do? PLEASE deal with this issue or we will discontinue using Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Same old story... A company becomes so big, they stop caring about the people who put them there. I pay over $100/ year for Prime, but they NO LONGER HONOR the terms. I ordered 5 items a week ago and they haven't even shipped yet. The projected date to receive them is almost 3 weeks after the order. I USED PRIME! They are breaking their promise to their customers and everyone is noticing. They better be prepared for the backlash when WalMart and others beat them at their own game. Serves them right if they suffer big losses.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Two day free shipping? Not anymore. Every order I've placed has shown that the expected delivery date on the "free 2 day Prime shipping" is 7 - 10 days. Two days has morphed into more than one week. Even when the purchase is from Amazon rather than its marketplace sellers. It's a total rip off as they're trying to boost their profit margins by not fulfilling their promises. Sounds like they work for the Trump administration.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Please double think before we order items from Amazon. I have ordered a gaming laptop and headset and they cancelled the order and when I went in and try to reorder the same item and found that item price got hiked to 200$. I spent more than hour of time with customer support with no help.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Lately, I have waited and waited for my 2 day shipment to arrive. The "delivery contractors" give excuses that are lies - "had the wrong gate code," "neighbor would not accept," "business was closed," "left at doorstep." I am a business that is open 24/7 365 days a year. There is always someone here. Tracking says the item shipped a week ago, but then, after 2-1/2 hours of "chat" time, customer service admits that the item hasn't shipped. They are a call center trained to use words such as disappointment, frustration, and inconvenience. They also use your 1st name "to build that relationship". Sometimes they will re-send the product and the original arrives several weeks later. Sometimes it does not, making me question if the item was EVER sent.

When you are checking out a purchase, Amazon has begun offering steep credits and discounts if you opt NOT to have 2 day shipping leading me to believe that they are well aware that they cannot fulfill the promise that they made when they charged you for your Prime membership. Prime Pantry is another separate membership. I believe that this is a form of theft by deception - taking your money when they know they cannot perform the fulfillment of their portion of your contract.

After reviewing how many Billions (with a B) they take in from these memberships, Amazon doesn't have to sell a darn thing to make a substantial profit. I would like to see a consumer advocate group investigate their practices. I wouldn't be writing if it was a once-in-a-while occurrence, but this is becoming more and more frequent. Since seeing their requests for customers to forego the benefits of Prime membership, I also believe that Amazon is well aware that this is neither a temporary deficit nor anything they anticipate remedying soon.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Amazon double charged my credit card for a purchase I made, and after calling customer service, 888-280-4331, Alexia **. told me it was my credit card company's fault and they needed to reverse the charge. She explained it was a pre-authorization that Amazon always does and the credit card company was suppose to remove it. My credit card company said they never charge us for a pre-authorization but they would be happy to remove the disputed charge. How timely, people are so busy around the holidays, they will probably never notice the extra charge. BEWARE! When I asked to speak to a supervisor at Amazon she refused. And I kept her on the phone while I talked to my credit card company and she still denied any wrongdoing on Amazon's part.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I've been a loyal Amazon customer for almost 20 years. They used to brag about their 'state of the art' distribution facility. I beg to differ. It takes no less than a week just to ship most of my orders. Then I wait the normal shipping time beyond that, so usually two to three weeks to receive my order. In an effort to leave feedback on their website about it, they block the reviews when posted with the item, which I kind of understand. However, the link they provide to leave feedback about shipping takes you to their help system, which is no help at all. Their customer service folks stick to their script, and are rarely able to stray from it. Of course, most of them aren't native English speakers, though I am an English speaker. As of writing this, I will no longer do business with Amazon. I cancelled my Prime membership months ago over this issue, but hoped they would improve after a long discussion with customer service. They did not, so I'm done.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I was stupid enough to buy something from China. 1 month delivery time so I tried to cancel. The company refused my return saying they had "fixed" the problem with shipping but the delivery time was the same. I tried to cancel a 2nd time but was told it was too late they had already shipped. I contacted Amazon and reported the problem. They "reviewed" the request and denied it. No explanation as to why.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We have terrible USPS delivery in 87508. We have complained locally and with USPS national customer service. I spent most of yesterday trying to alert Amazon to the problem. They gave me an email address for my complaint but the message bounced saying the mailbox did not accept messages. In this day of digital communication, they advised me to send a letter! A recent package was left exposed in the rain for 18 hours. It dissolved when I picked it up. The problem is with the USPS but Amazon doesn’t understand that it reflects badly on them. In short, I was stonewalled by Amazon.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered a XL Yoga mat at a cost of $136 and paid 9.99 extra for overnight shipping. I received item on Friday evening after I left for the weekend. When I opened the box on Monday morning after returning, I noticed it was the regular sized yoga mat. I understand things happen, but when I called I was given a grilling on why I didn't report the problem on Friday? I explained I had already left for the weekend by the time it arrived. I was then talked down to because the box it came in was not in good enough shape to be used to ship the item back in the box. All in all I asked to speak to a supervisor twice and at no time was I ever connected to one. What a crappy experience!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered a computer desk on 2nd November and the system showed that the ordered product has been sent to my city on 4th November and scheduled delivery on 10th November. The courier company called up to say that it's late today and there is no entry for trucks after 5 pm so they will deliver on next day that is 11th November. 11th November passed and 12th November passed but they couldn't deliver nor they contacted me. Repeated requests to customer support failed to help as they expressed helplessness citing the department that handles furniture is a separate one. The kept arranging call back which again failed to do any help. They said they can't tell for sure when the courier company will actually deliver. I am still waiting and feel cheated and scammed. Worst experience. Stay away and stay safe.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I have ordered a mobile in Amazon India and it was not been delivered for such a 2 weeks time and when I ask compensation for waiting of this much time they said no compensation option with them and making fun with our requests - it’s so irritating to hear their response. No solutions provided by support yet. Don’t buy any product from them, they are worthless to be a consumer.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

On a Saturday afternoon, We had a random car with 2 random people come up to the door & hand me my Amazon order. It was not sealed or taped shut at all. Anyone could have looked inside the package, added or removed anything in it. Very sketchy & unprofessional!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I have been a Amazon customer ever since they very first started business. I have never had any kind of issues with anything. And off I just so happened to the issue was resolved right away. As of right now unfortunately I own a Kindle Fire and enjoy playing a lot of their games. When I first started playing them I never really had the thought of making any kind of in-app purchases. I would practice the game first before I even bothered to make the in-app purchase. I would always keep a prepaid debit card on file, never my actual bank card or credit card and thank God I didn't. Because you will get ripped off regardless how the transaction was made.

The issue with my account is that to make things easier I'll either buy game coins or load funds into my gift card balance, because Amazon claims they have a no refund policy for in-app purchases. Now here's the thing. Roughly about four months ago I started noticing strange activity going on with my account. For example one time I had $1.47 available in my gift card balance and roughly about 139 in game app coins okay. So I go and log into my game and decided to make an in-app purchase. The order was taking a few minutes to process which means it's going to decline, because I wasn't even thinking with the amount of coins I had and my gift card balance wasn't enough to cover the transaction for $2.99. So I want for the app to change the special to $1.99 because I had plenty for that one.

15 minutes later it shows up and I place the order which that one declined too. So I go and check my order history and my coins, and remaining balance to my prepaid debit card which declined so the whole transaction declined. But they took two forms of a payment from me so I contact them and tell them the transaction declined but funds were still removed. So of course they want to play stupid and try to argue with me by telling me that I wasn't charged when I had proof right in front of my face. So I waited a few hours then contacted them again and the rep basically said in-app purchases are nonrefundable and the amount that was removed from my gift card balance will automatically go back. Yeah sure it will. I've been waiting for over a week.

So yesterday I decided to send a email to Amazon's customer service pretty much telling them that they think they're slick and can't fool me. I'm a little smarter than that and I want my money back asap. Now this gets even more ridiculous. A rep emails me back apologizing and said they were issued back to me and for the inconvenience she issued me $10 in promotional credit. So I thought to myself in, "Cool. I can get the $2.99 special I wanted." I go to purchase it and it declines. Now I am missed. I contact them again to see if it was even issued. She was nice and said it was issued and I have already used it. I said, "Excuse me. No, I haven't. I just barely got it not even 5 minutes ago." Once again no refunds by this time. I'm behind pissed. I had to wait until the next day for me to calm my nerves before I contacted them.

So I contact them the next day and thought I hit Jackpot when I told the rep about the issues that I was having with my account. She see it for herself and said I was owed several refunds for declined transactions where funds shouldn't have been removed to begin with but told me she was transferring me over to tech support because the further you go back in months the harder it gets. So I was transferred and gave the rep the time he needed to read the chat. Comes back on, tells me to give him a few minutes he's going to look at my account.

He had me waiting for a little bit over 20 minutes. Comes back on and says, "This has been going on for a while I see." I said, "Hello. That would be why I've been complaining about this for just about four months already and nothing is getting done." He then turns around and says he processed the refunds owed for Oct and Nov. He went back as far as March and I'm owed money. Now it's putting funds back into my gift card balance and coins back into my coin balance and I should see it within 24 hours. Well I was so busy the next day I ended up forgetting about it so once I realized it I called.

The lady had a bad attitude, was taking her sweet time looking into the situation and was beyond unprofessional. Comes back on and says, "You were issued a lot of refunds and credits. What is the reason because this is unacceptable." I said, "Excuse me. They're for declined orders but yet funds were still removed from my account." She said, "That's not possible." I said, "Well it is now. Look into my account." She comes back on and says, "I see what you're talking about but like I mentioned before in-app purchases are nonrefundable." I said, "Hum I never got the item because it declined." She said, "It's the risk you take." No I don't think so. It's been well over a week and still no refunds unless they took those too. Because this is another way that Amazon will rob you when it comes to making a in-app purchase.

Let's say you make a purchase for $1.99 but you only had a $1.00 available and wasn't thinking. You're going to get a automated system email from Amazon saying due to a problem with your payment they're not able to process the order. You can use a different payment method of they will try again but they don't tell you when. And this is the other way they were pretty much stealing from me because they would monitor my account and as soon as they notice a transaction was made they would run through at least two of the declined orders and of course I don't get the items. I call to report unauthorized transaction because it's obvious that it's a different card used and they refuse to issue a refund because they are the ones that did it and try to tell me it was someone in my household. Sure it was like as if you know who lives here.

So if you don't want money stolen from you don't have any declined transactions because they never void them out. They leave them there so they can charge you and hope you wouldn't notice. It's ridiculous because they're up to something. Like I said I've been a customer for way too long and now all of a sudden for my digital transaction history I can only view the six most recent ones when it was able to view the whole month and about three months at a time. I want my money back asap.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Prime membership no refund at all! I paid 1 year prime membership. After couple month I decided cancel it but they paid me zero refund! Amazon scams and theft! They explain me if I make more than 4 order I used all my benefits. My opinion membership cancellation must be depend of time but not by benefits!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Amazon doesn’t take its customers seriously. This is supposed to be my wedding ring. Was supposed to arrive no later than November 9th, Amazon tracking said it would be here November 8th by 8pm. Then all of a sudden it was delayed until the 14th. 9 days after ordering the product, IT HASNT EVEN BEEN SHIPPED. I have no tracking information. Customer service was of no help because even they say it hasn’t been shipped. And instead of finding the item and rush shipping it like they should, I’m supposed to wait until November 14th to see if it even shows up. I’m supposed to get married in less than a month, and Amazon is ruining the whole process. I stopped using Amazon a long time ago because of this issue and after 5 years, nothing has changed. Will never use Amazon again. Worst company I’ve ever had experience with, hands down.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've been an Amazon Prime member for several years. I've placed one or two orders per month for most of that time. My Prime items have always arrived in two days. I recently placed an order with nothing but Prime items. As in the past. I was expecting it in two days. When it didn't arrive, I checked the website only to find it hasn't even shipped yet. It showed that they don't expect delivery for another four to nine days. I went on chat to ask about my order. They explained that two day shipping means two days from whenever they get around to shipping it. When I questioned it, I was told that was always the policy. I explained I'd never had to wait more than two days for any of my previous orders, but they couldn't come up with an explanation. I canceled Prime. The main reason I was paying for it was the free two day shipping. Prime no longer has a value to me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cobra compressor bought on 15/5/2018 and it went on fire over faulty overload switch. The seller would not take the item back and Amazon would not cover it with guarantee because I could not send it back.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have been an Amazon customer pretty much as long as they existed and a Prime member for about a decade now. I am currently in the process of shutting down my account. Between the nightmares I've heard about how they treat their employees and their invasions of privacy, I was already starting to decrease purchases. Then I started to notice how many crappy 3rd sellers they had (quite a few from China that are important in products that are unsafe). Then it was very clear their reviews are mostly fake, and they do very little to regulate that. I had to use a third party website to scan reviews each time to get an honest idea if they were legit.

The first nail in the coffin was Amazon's insistence to start sending me packages using their Logistics deliveries. Logistics is unprofessional (their drivers do not wear uniforms, can come at all times of the day - including the middle of the night - and are often late), and it's creepy. They take pictures of your doorstep without permission - and it's very difficult to opt out of. The final nail was recently learning of their warehouse collapse and the death of employees inside - right in my own state.

I'm tired of Amazon's sleazy business practices. I used to use their subscribe and save for dry goods every month for years, but I shut that down as I have decided to seek out more ethical and professional businesses to rely upon. It's been 2 months and maybe I ordered 2 things from them. I will eventually completely shut off my account when I transfer my Kindle books to PDFs... Oh, that's another creepy they do - Amazon doesn't really sell e-books. They *rent* them. They will delete your Kindle books if you shut down your account. Luckily, there are ways to get around this, but we shouldn't have to. Shame on you, Amazon! You are no longer a legitimate business. The fact you exist in our country makes us all the closer to a 3rd world nation than a progressive country. Good riddance and kiss my butt!

Amazon.com Company Information