Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.94/5
Based on 4,784 ratings submitted in the last year

5595 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I always enjoy ordering from their site. They have a wide selection of items and their customer service is top notch. If for any reason you are not satisfied by what you get they have you go through a process and if the seller is not responding they make things right with you if it’s a refund or a credit. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Ordered 6 CDs. Broke up into several different orders. The very first order was going to take the longest. All orders received except the first one. Was told by "Luv Satisfaction" that PO said it was delivered and to wait another 5 days. I got my mail that day out of the box in less than a minute after it was delivered. Saw him deliver and went and got my mail. Now after 9 days Amazon says they can only go by what the PO says. They are concerned about my negative review and will give me a refund if I take down the negative review. This is all over 12 bucks.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have over the last 4 months had two orders rejected by Synchrony Bank via Amazon Prime because they hold my payments made on the account for 2 weeks before credits. They charge late fees when there's been payments made due to the fact that they don't credit the account when I make the payment... It clears my personal account and they don't credit my card balance for over a week after! Amazon Prime card is the most ridiculous "credit account" ever to exist on the planet!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I ordered luggage aluminum frame carry on, on June 13th to be delivered August 7. It was weird that the delivery was so long in the future but I still felt that demand is oversupply. On August 7th I contacted Amazon and I was placed on hold and then offered a refund. Looking up this seller he has 1 star ratings for nonreceipt of goods. This seller is a FRAUD and should never do business with anyone, especially Amazon. Do not buy from him. Another thing this seller has no contact info and email never worked. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I order 3 items. All showed being eligible for free shipping. Order total was eligible (not Prime). Same order er also I was charged double one an item. They shipped only 1 but seller blamed Amazon when contacted. Now after a call to Amazon, they blame seller though the Amazon website took this order and by design had facilitated this sale. Amazon sent email showing they contacted seller about double bill. I don't know how it will turn out but mistakes seem to be a policy or website problem needs to be addressed. I'm fed up since Amazon seems to be a good place to be ripped off these days. I see a problem with too many things to count. Now after years of using their site it gets worse not better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Spent $260 on gold crystal wall sconce from Chinese company. Although ad displayed gold, and silver option was grayed out, we were sent silver. Amazon allowed us to ship the lamp to Amazon in US and agreed to refund based on Amazon return guarantee. When Amazon shipped the item to China the Chinese manufacturer refused to receive or pick up box at FedEx. Amazon then reneged on the refund that cost us an additional $50. Have not receive the lamps back but even if we do we are now out $310.00

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Placed my order 25/7 and have yet today 12/8 not received any information about dispatch date. Product was in stock when I placed my order. No information from Amazon whatsoever. Ignorant scumbags! Take your "business" down or we will!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had been a long time Prime member until recently. I struggled for months with delivery drivers who couldn't speak English very well trying to explain the access code to my building after I had already noted the code on my orders. This resulted in many calls and frustration with Amazon. The final straw for me was the auto renewal of my membership. The charge was processed to a random (non-preferred) card. The charge was disputed and I opted to renew my membership with a separate account. Even though I had proof of charge, my membership was cancelled a second time because of the original dispute. Customer service was dismissive and didn't seem to care that I was charged with no resolution. I used to love Amazon Prime, but their service has changed so much. I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I'll be honest - I love Amazon and have hardly any complaints about them. My only really major issue is their incompetent drivers who don't understand that a PO Box is at a UPS store - the UPS owner says he watches them drive right by. I've called Amazon Logistics 4 different times and explained this to them - each time they say they will put it in their system, so it shouldn't happen again, but without fail and every 2-months, I get a call from one of their drivers or someone in Washington telling me the driver is having trouble finding my address. Quite sad, especially when I pay so much for Prime.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I order products from Amazon and they were shipped with AMZL. When the products arrived the AMZL deliverer was upset because he couldn't find the address and made it seem like it was my fault. He also said he had called me which I did not get any calls and I was tracking my package regularly. The deliverer then proceeded to return to his vehicle and made me pick up my own packages from the vehicle. I was not satisfied with the service that was provided by the AMZL deliverer.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

3 weeks ago, I ordered a range extender for my drone. I received a message from Amazon to tell me that the item has not yet been send. They referred me to the item supplier and suggested that I contact them to find out why the item has not been send. I contacted the supplier, by email, and asked them when the item would be send. So far I have not had a reply, either from Amazon or the supplier. I have come to conclusion that Amazon or their suppliers don't give a ** about their customers. I just wish I had read other reviews before I ordered. Needless to say I will never use Amazon again. So be warned!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I've purchased 2 books and they were supposed to be delivered on the 27th of July. On the 24th I got an email saying that the delivery was attempted on that day, but I didn't get any card to organize a redelivery or pick up, so I contacted Amazon and they asked me to contact i-parcel. Then i-parcel told me to contact Fastway. After few days, Fastway told me that my parcel was lost in transit. So, I contacted Amazon on the 5th Aug asking for a redelivery. They said it would be impossible. I would get a refund and then I would need to purchase it again. I don't get it. If they still have it in stock why not just send me another one?! Anyway, after a while the representative I was talking to said that she would be able to organize a redelivery.

On the 8th Aug, I contacted them again to ask if I would be able to track it and the representative said that a redelivery wouldn't be possible and that he would need to organize a refund. I sent the transcript of my previous chat and he said that a redelivery wouldn't happen. That means the previous representative lied to me! I'm so disappointed! Now I can't provide feedback to the seller (Amazon US) nor even to Amazon Australia...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I posted a three star seller feedback (NOT product review) for Bertoni Eyewear. Afterwards, I noticed that not only mine, but all recent three star and less feedbacks were deleted. According to Bertoni Eyewear, Amazon is the one who deleted the ratings. The URL is **. I contacted Amazon at least 20 times on this issue, but Amazon refuses to let me know why they are manipulating the feedback for this particular seller. I did find out when Amazon does not want to respond to buyers, Amazon support sends the cases to seller support. Since most buyers do not have a seller's account, that means the cases get closed without any easy way for the buyer to respond. I have numerous emails showing this pattern of behavior by Amazon.

The following is about Amazon's deletion of three stars or less feedback rating on **. To start with, I am a BUYER and NOT a SELLER! According to seller support, this is NOT their issue. Second, this is about the seller feedback page and NOT the product page! The state of California has set laws and ordinances imposing penalties on businesses that try to deceive consumers or other companies through unfair practices such as false claims regarding products or services.

When Amazon manipulates seller feedback ratings, they are doing two things. 1. Deceptive advertisement that causes a loss of revenue for any competitor, 2. Trap unwitting consumers by advertising a product, property, or service in a false or deceptive manner. When Amazon manipulates the feedback ratings for Bertoni Eyewear, this gives Bertoni Eyewear an unfair advantage over competitors whose feedbacks were not manipulated. It also gives consumers a false understanding of issues with the services offered by Bertoni Eyewear, which is deceptive.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I bought 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus 64GB unlocked, Space Gray for gifts for relatives on their birthdays. One iPhone worked fine. However, the second iPhone arrived "locked" with an Apple ID. I contacted the seller and seller refused to admit sending a locked iPhone, would not offer a return/refund on the iPhone that cost me $479. Amazon customer service were not helpful at all. I even wrote an email to Mr. Jeff Bezos the company CEO and I got a cold shoulder.

Amazon denied my claim. As of now, I lost $479 on a "useless" iPhone. In my opinion, it is not fair that I have to take a loss of $479 and for Amazon and seller involved to come out scot-free. I have been shopping at Amazon for over 9 years with an impeccable shopping history and have spent thousands of dollars during this time. Amazon was my only shopping place and I bought everything from them. With this experience, I do not recommend Amazon to anyone. Be careful please when ordering iPhones. You may not get what you paid for. I hope no one has the experience I just went through.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered 1" chlorinated tablets, 3' tablets, AAA & AA rechargeable batteries and a battery charger. The tablets say ships on Aug 3rd. As soon as I order it, it says 2-3 months. I thought maybe a typo. I get on chat. The guy says, "Oh that's when it's not in stock." I said, "Oh ok. Well how comes it shows in my email it will come in 2 weeks? I thought it was same day shipping, is it coming from another state or country?" He says, "No, that's not it. It's not in stock." "Ok that didn't make sense because he just said 2-3 months is when it's out of stock." Then he says, "I see it will ship out on the 3rd so you are ok." Again, he is not making sense. How can it ship when it's not in stock? I tell him, "If I knew it was out of stock, which it didn't say, I would have gone to Walmart." He says, "I can cancel it for you." I said, "No because I don't want to wait for the money to go back in my account since I already placed the order.."

He said, "You won't be charged because it hasn't shipped". I said, "Ok". So he says, "Done". So then I decide, Walmart is quicker so I cancelled my 3' tablet order as well. I received an email that it was successful in me cancelling the 3" but never got a confirmation on the 1". I thought well that's probably because the rep. cancelled it. I placed my order with Walmart. Next day my bank account shows Both tablets were pending. What? I hop on my Amazon account to see under cancelled orders that the 1' tablet was indeed cancelled but it was still pending to come out of my account. I was frustrated. I only have enough in my bank to get what I ordered and gas money to get home tonight. I get on a Chat again and explain what happened. The guy tells me that nothing was ever cancelled. I asked, "Then why did I get an email and why is the other one showing up under cancelled?"

He says, "I just cancelled everything now. You will see a refund in your account within 3-5 business days." I know, this is insane. Who asked him to cancel everything? Then I talked to another guy because this guy disconnected with me when I asked to speak with a supervisor. The next guy told me to take a screenshot of my overdraft fees when they come. I asked to speak with a supervisor. 3 people jump on and off the chat without saying anything. Finally Amanda comes on. She says, "Give me a minute to go over everything." I said, "Please read all the transcripts." Within seconds, she was typing. I was thinking, I know she couldn't have read all the transcripts that fast. Impossible. She basically was telling me that since they are pending, they will drop off and I should call my bank to get them dropped off immediately. I said I worked at that bank. I know that they can not do anything when in pending mode.

I said, "Now I don't have money for gas because the balance isn't available because of the pending transaction and what about the items the guy cancelled without asking me?" She said, "You can reorder anytime and we are not responsible for keeping your account pending." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She didn't take any responsibility for what happened. She didn't acknowledge my questions. Every time I would send a lengthy detailed question about something that didn't make sense. I would hit send and instantly she was typing. She cannot be reading. She is now just typing repeated things. "Call your bank to see if they can help." She would let me talk to anyone else higher. Biggest attitude. So unprofessional. One rep responded after two days. They were going to take care of everything. Then someone else responded. They didn't even read what was going on.

They wanted me to go to Amazon.com and click on the order I was having issues with. WHAT? Now every time I email them, I get a auto reply that someone will get back to me within 6 hours and of course they don't. Why bother coming up with that if they don't enforce that? Two days later, someone else responds and says, if you want to chat live go to Amazon.com help. Where do they find these people? Amazon let me down. They erased all evidence of the orders that were under cancelled. Can't find them anymore. The 1st guy said he was going to issue me Amazon credit of $5. Ha! That was a joke. Never did. They all lie. Amazon has changed. I am cancelling my Amazon Prime. Not worth it anymore. I'm done with Amazon. I am sharing this with as many people as I can.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

The watches I bought were too small for my son. I decided to return this item, but surprisingly at post office they told me it costs 16$ to send this item. I decided not to send it and check with the seller why it's not free. I opened my orders and saw that under item I purchased there are free returns. And it's fulfilled by Amazon. Unfortunately can't add print screen where it's visible that item I purchased has free returns. I contacted the seller, but he answered that I have to pay for return, then I contacted Amazon Customer Service, but they told that the seller send the watches from their place that's why in this case I have to pay for return. So please double check from where an item would be sent or otherwise you have to pay for return. Because even if it's written returns are free, they are not!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I have been a loyal customer of Amazon since 1999. Ordering tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise for myself and my company. Now I feel I have to speak out about charges in their practices that adversely affect people's shopping experience. First let's talk about Prime, as most people are aware when you order an item that is eligible for Prime delivery it will usually cost a few dollars more than the same item delivered by other means. Well UPS has come up with SUREPOST and now most guaranteed 2 day Prime deliveries are no longer arriving in 2 days, in fact when Amazon uses SUREPOST it almost always guarantees 3 days +.

Why? Because deliveries are transferred to your local USPS for final delivery to your home adding a day or two to the delivery times. One tip is that if this happens to you, complain, customer service will add a free month to your Prime account or as has happened in my case several times they will give you the item free, crediting your CC account. This year so far I have 11 months of free Prime and around $80 in free items, but to be honest I would rather have my purchase deliver on time! My next issue is with ordering items that are temporarily out of stock. On May 4th 2018 I ordered a woodworking plane, it had by far the best online price and as I was in no rush for it I placed the order. Today over 3 month later and nothing, I sent in two inquiries to customer service and get back a form reply that have zero indication as to what's happening with my order.

I should also note that the description of this item is for a polo shirt not a woodworking tool? On the page is a box that you can check to report inaccurate descriptions/information about the product. Over the 3 month period I have reported this 4 times and also sent 2 e-mails and still to this day the description remains incorrect. What's the point of having this facility if it's not acted upon? Anyway I could pay $100 more and purchase the item direct from the supplier or another online company, but then why does Amazon say Temporarily out of stock and then 3+ months later still have no idea when it will be available? Now I realize that Amazon has grown to one of, if not the largest companies in the world with many millions of products and customers. But my belief is that they are now just too big to provide the great customer service they were once known for, they have become a dinosaur. Big and slow to act.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Amazon Prime's subscription price is a flat out ripoff. The few products that do qualify now have a markup that more than covers shipping so free shipping is an out and out LIE! Two day shipping only occurs about 40% of the time. Items are often Bojack knockoffs, no name trash, and counterfeited products. Amazon should be raided by the Fair Trade Commission, and have all their records seized. Some sort of legal action should be taken assessing very steep fines and awarding monetary damages to consumers who received counterfeit products and treble monetary damages to any companies whom's products have been misrepresented and or counterfeited.

I bought a General Electric light fixture. The only place GE was mentioned was on the package. Even the lamp was a no name and simply said "Made in China" on it. I am almost certain the UL listing and the CSA listing are both counterfeit. ETL listing is a joke. CE is not quite as big a farce as Edison Testing Labs, but it is not too far behind in being lax and sleazy. The number of available products on Amazon Prime is shrinking, and the prices are equal to or higher than items in nearby RETAIL stores, with high prices.

So if I drive down the street, I can have my merchandise for the same price in 20 minutes or I can pay $150 a year and get the same products or questionable fake knockoffs delivered in two days. That hardly seems like any kind of a deal. It's an out and out ripoff! Parts that do not fit were delivered, and Amazon allows me to "resell them". Resell them as WHAT? I don't even know what they fit!!! Amazon is the epitome of sleaze. For what I paid for Amazon Prime I can pay for 3 day shipping on an awful lot of parcels, from more reputable sellers. The first year was fantastic, but the second year, all the prices went up by an average of 24%, overall. THAT IS A SCAM!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We are longtime Amazon shoppers but have started seeing troubling trends, including Amazon no longer meeting their delivery promise. Most troubling though, is the $144 charge from Amazon that appeared on our bank account. No orders appeared on our order list and we knew we hadn’t ordered anything. When we contacted Amazon to rectify, they told us it was for an Alexa Spot and that we had ordered it at 3:50 a.m. We conveyed multiple times that we did not order the item and curiously, it wasn’t showing up on our order list like other items we had ordered - I have a photo of our order page and no Amazon Spot shows up.

We wanted help getting to the bottom of how this Amazon item was purchased on our account, but we were told again and again that we could just “return it when it arrived as it was too late to cancel the order” despite the fact that this was just hours after the fraudulent order was placed. I wonder how many others out there have received Amazon products (not products sold on Amazon, but actual Amazon-produced products), they didn’t order? If this happened to you, were you able to figure out what happened? Again, this item was never in our cart, does not show up on our order list, and was purchased at an hour of the day when we were not awake. It is being shipped to our home. Thanks for any insight.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Product was 1 T Inverter Split AC ordered on 16th July 18. Amazon informed that I if take Prime membership product it will be delivered within 24 hrs. So membership has been taken and order placed Product has been delivered on 18th July with a commitment that installation order has been placed to Carrier the Product Manufacturer and it will be installed within 48 hrs. After 48 hrs on 21st July complaint lodged and again they said it will be done within 48 hr. 2nd, 3rd, 4th complaint lodged with them on 29th July, 2nd Aug, 3rd Aug 18 respectively.

All the time they said that it will be done within 48 hrs. Even they given Carrier Customer care No. But to my surprise when I contacted Carrier they said no such installation request registered by Amazon. They asked what is my Transaction No but I informed that no such transaction no has been provided by Amazon other than Order No. They asked me to collect that no from Amazon. Whereas Amazon said that they do not share that number with customer and stalemate continued. Enough is enough, then I have taken initiative from my own source and get it installed. Though I mailed several email to Amazon India complaining my problem they are silent. This the face of World renowned ebusiness platform who seldom care customer.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Worst customer service at Amazon. Paid RS.2200 for my products & none of them were delivered, it’s been one month & the only thing Amazon has to say is to seek help of consumer groups. Waste of money.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

While I have often enjoyed shopping with Amazon, I feel I must discontinue doing business with them for the following reasons: 1. It is WAY too easy to order something by accident. I have accidentally clicked that "one-click" feature of theirs at least twice in the process of just trying to add something to a cart or wish list.

2. They auto-renew Prime and Music Unlimited without your authorization. I have had this happen repeatedly despite requesting twice by phone that they not do that and despite having physically unchecked the auto-renew settings. The only surefire way to make sure that they don't do that is to remove your card after every purchase - my mother had that happen to her too, so she has the same tactic of purchase-->delete card), but if you're in the habit of purchasing music one song at a time via phone like I am, this gets really tedious.

Just today, Music Unlimited was renewed without my knowledge, so I called to remove the charge. Nearly an hour after I hung up, I started systematically closing windows on my phone and saw the Amazon Music app open to the renewal page. Our grabby 18-month-old had gotten my phone and was tapping away and initiated a renewal. (See point #1. They really need to require password input for app purchases.) While now I am embarrassed at finding out about our son's accidental purchase, it still is way too easy for that to happen, seeing as how when I first got Unlimited, it was by accident after they decided to no longer include certain music with Prime (though up until that point, ALL music was included with Prime). In that case, I was paying for Music Unlimited for 4 months BESIDES the Prime membership before I even caught it.

3. They really don't want you calling them. You have to jump through multiple hoops and lengths to find a link where you can talk to someone via phone... and even then, they call you. In my experience, I don't recall whether I've seen a phone number on their website like a normal site. 4. They no longer QC their sellers like they should. I ordered a pair of Samsung chargers for my phone only to find out after purchase that they were counterfeit. (No data transfer, logo and design abnormal; Chinese vendor; see below.) Specifically, if what you're attempting to purchase is not from a seller / name brand you recognize, you may be on shaky ground with that purchase.

Just yesterday I had to contact an Amazon seller because I had purchased a video game for my husband for Christmas. The game was being sold with bonus content. Yesterday he was finally able to sit down and start playing the game. The bonus content codes were INVALID and upon further inspection, it looks like this disc is only licensed to be sold in ASIA. We ORDERED a North American disc (as evidenced by the seller's uploaded photos of the game case) with content, and we received an ASIAN disc with codes ONLY valid if you live in Asia.

Upon contacting the seller (while implying they may have sold this under false pretenses), they assured us that "all other functions are still perfectly valid." They offered a credit of $3 for the bonus content. While the $3 does cover the cost of purchasing the content via PSN, the disc was inexpensive, so it's more of a huge inconvenience... besides making you feel somewhat dirty and manipulated. I'm not even sure they are LEGALLY ALLOWED TO SELL IT in the U.S.

Now, I actually have had some really amazing seller experiences, and it's a shame that Amazon nearly makes itself the worst mediator of those goods. Also-also, especially with these Chinese vendors (I've had about 4 experiences in which I've had products not be as advertised or be straight-up counterfeit), there is a recurring pattern in which sellers will set up a new account to list and sell ONE SINGLE ITEM (before being "out of stock"), then turn around and sell another of it under another, yet similar, storefront. It would be like purchasing an outfit in the mall, going home, realizing that what was in your bag was a knockoff of what you just purchased, then going back on the next day to the store - which now has a slightly different name - and seeing the salesperson with Clark-Kent-style glasses pretending he's never seen you before in his life. It's really that bad.

We ordered three dresses for our daughter at relatively cheap prices, and when they arrived (for the ones that did): bad stitching, low-quality fabric, not as pictured, never received it. And returning it would be insanely expensive since they actually came from China. So now, if I see any vendors on Amazon with any typos, or bad English, or Asian names, or names like "Happy Fun Fashion", I just avoid them like the plague. Overall, it seems like Amazon may quickly be becoming Wish in that regard, and you might want to reconsider business with them for that reason. The only reason I still tolerate Amazon is for their refund policy (which refunds shipping if you have to send something back) and their digital music downloads, which are considerably more easygoing of an experience than the garbage-fire that is iTunes.

5. In order to save money, they have "sub-let" their delivery services to financially-strapped, unethical, non-Amazon-employee whoevers (most under the age of 30) who come up to your house in unmarked vans and leave strange packages at your door... that is, if they ever come. We had an order get lost in transit a few weeks ago, so Amazon just refunded the money back. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these "starving students" opened the package and decided to keep the item.

6. Amazon has a recently-exposed history of funding anti-Christian groups - specifically of partnering with the Southern Poverty Law Center - which openly persecutes Christians. That being said, Amazon also got in trouble for removing reviews from a prominent Christian reviewer for giving a glowing review of a recently published Christian book. Amazon has a system in place for supporting non-profits, but then removed the Alliance Defending Freedom from its recipient list due to the ADF's legal representation of persecuted Christians. As a Christian myself, it is practically an attack against me, my family, and the vast majority of Americans who still hold to the Bible, whether in spirit or in name only.

All said, I have been shopping with other sites recently, and though I don't make a lot of purchases, I find that it's less drama and trouble to just walk into the stores for what you need. Then you have a physical place to return to and you can look someone in the eye when you make that purchase. Proceed with caution.

Original review: July 31, 2018

From sending me broken knockoffs, to sending me empty packages, Amazon is the king of messing things up. Their customer service is also poor, from sighing at you as if you're a inconvenience, to silencing poor reviews for calling them out with sarcasm. Be very careful what you order from Amazon, because getting the issue fixed can be a headache, and a company that doesn't care about the people who work for it definitely doesn't care about their customer base. They have messed up several times and never have they gone the extra mile to make it right. Even scammers on eBay treat their consumers better than Amazon does. It's as they say, you get what you pay for and Amazon is the king of cheap online retail. I'm about done ordering from this joke of a website.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had purchased a phone on 27th but it was not delivered to me due to their delivery boy who lost my label card and inform Amazon that I had refused the order and sent back my phone to their vendor even I had paid the cost from my credit card & when I contact their customer care they are changing every day and I had to explain all to them and all said we will help you but all in vain. Also write a mail to their QA department but still no response from their side. Result of this is I could not order again as qty is fixed per customer but they still saying we will help you when the offer ended. Here I clear that seller had sent my phone on time but due their poor system I could not got the same. I think we should learn a lesson from it and avoid Amazon until they do not change their way of working and understand the value & time of the customer.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Amazon’s carriers failed to deliver my product and decided to return them after a whole week of me waiting instead of attempting to redeliver the product. Amazon Customer Service team does not care about Amazon’s customers. Amazon’s Customer Service team is not reading the messages I send them, so now I’m here. I put in an order for a product that was set to arrive on the 3rd week of July and ‘the carrier’ could not deliver it, so instead of trying again the next day or allowing me to give them instructions, they return my items! What bothers me is that ‘Amazon’s carrier’ claimed that the products got damaged in transit. I don’t believe that.

I tell Amazon CS, and Amazon’s CS instructs me to reorder the products with one day shipping and give them the order number to have the shipping waived. More work for me??? So, it’s July 31st and I have yet to receive my products??? Amazon is better than this. I have tried to communicate with Amazon’s customer service multiple times, but I keep getting ignored. They respond, but it’s generic. If anyone read that conversation, they’d think??? “Did they even read what you sent?” I work customer service. People who are rude or completely ignore customer complaints hate their job.

Original review: July 28, 2018

For a year, I have been trying to get my book published. I finally got it published but they took the paperback set up and used it for the Ebook which ruined it. So, I started all over again and had a professional format it. When I complained and I did so daily, no one did anything. Instead, they removed my orders, removed my wish list, and my account. All the books I was using for students to refer to AND which they buy from Amazon have disappeared. My order form is clean stating that I have made no purchases whatsoever in the last six months. This is not true I have a number of books here and the receipt slips and dates.

Now they have removed the PRIME service; that is no longer available. In other words I have been removed as a customer from Amazon. Do they have the right to do that or should I see a lawyer and sue? I have done nothing to endanger their business, But I am considering sending this complaint to the BBB and also putting it up for the public as well as discussing the situation with a legal department. Additionally they owe me money for a book they could not provide, or did not feel like providing.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Same day shipping, 2 day shipping, whenever they get around to it is really when it will come. Customer service is less than helpful when it comes to actually tracking a package. I've been being told for 2 days that my package will arrive before 9pm same day. I'm actually on day 4 and still no package. The first two days my package was late I was understanding and had not contacted customer service. The best they can do is offer expedited shipping (did not prove to be helpful) and a $5.00 gift card after that which really seems more insensitive than anything. Why guarantee with no promise?

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been a Prime member for years. They make me so mad. Every time I ordered something they always sent me the wrong order. They are always charged me money for I have no idea what every time. I got to the bank. They taking more money. I don't know what they did. They write me to email saying that I have too much refund. Well they need to get it together and I would get so much refund. That is a no brainer so I am done with that. I got rid of mine Prime membership and change my account at the bank. Please stay away from Amazon. They are not good. Ripped off.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been a customer of Amazon for years now. I do most of my shopping on Amazon and have spent thousands of dollars. Recently I noticed I was unable to leave reviews on items that I bought. The reason was that I "violated company guidelines". I have never violated guidelines and I love leaving honest reviews on everything I buy. I was also a "top contributor". I contacted customer service through chat on TWO separate occasions and I was assured that my issue would be taken care of and that I could write reviews again. Well, it was never fixed. I finally emailed Amazon to see if I had better luck that way.

It took a week to hear back and I got the most insulting email ever. They told me I was receiving gift cards for my good reviews. I have NEVER once received a gift card for a good review. I have had several companies email me asking me to take off reviews in order to receive a free item or a gift card but I never did. I thought it was dishonest and not fair to leave a fake review. They told me this is permanent and they would not be responding to any more emails about this issue. They never gave me any example of where or what I did wrong. I immediately went and canceled my Prime membership and canceled my monthly subscriptions. I refuse to buy from a company that treats their customers so poorly. I'm done with Amazon for good!

Original review: July 26, 2018

I've been with Amazon Prime at least 5 years, probably more like 7 or 8. Today I was on the Amazon.com site browsing when a little pop-up window solicits me... saying "download the amazon app and we will give you $10 off a $20 purchase"... I went ahead and clicked the link provided within the pop up ad. It downloaded the Amazon app and I resumed browsing. After putting $20 of items in my cart, went to check out, and lo and behold there was no $10 credit as advertised in the promotional pop up! I called customer service and after being on the phone for over a half hour and speaking to two different people I had no choice but to cancel my Prime Membership. WHY do I want to be with a company that doesn't stand by their own words!?!

They solicited me with an offer so I'm not really sure what's going through their head right now... but apparently they need the $10 more than I do, bless their little heart! All I can say is if they don't want to honor their promotions maybe they shouldn't solicit people with little pop up windows... The funny thing is not only did I cancel my Prime membership (for which they will have to refund me 120...) but I will not be renewing it again in the future!!! So they lost 120 this year and 100s in future years... Overall this was more of a blessing in disguise. Now I'm free!!! I won't have to pay 120 a year for free shipping that I use only a handful of times each year. Otherwise the only other service I was using was Amazon video... and between you and me it leaves a lot to be desired. Nothing that Netflix or Hulu can't do just as well (or better).

Amazon.com Company Information