2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.13/5
Based on 1,823 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been a long time Prime member with Amazon but will not be renewing due to unreliable 2 day delivery. Unfortunately Amazon is using USPS and USPS is relying on “attempt to deliver” when no such attempt is being made. USPS does not seem to care & obviously Amazon is not holding them accountable.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I had booked this product on Saturday and requested for cancellation on Sunday 22nd September 2019, I was initially get in touch with chat advisor and he promised that it will be cancelled within 24-48 hours. Didn't get any confirmation on the same, so contacted phone support, here also the advisor informed the same thing. So, thought it will be cancelled by Tuesday and contacted the chat support on Tuesday morning but the advisor (Kandula **) informed like he has cancelled now from his end then what was both advisor doing on Sunday?? Any of them should have lied and trying to fool.

And after that was transferred to phone support as I wanted it to escalate it further. Now another phone support advisor (Gnanavi) was ready to provide more worst experience. Nothing to tell about her because her tone was like she is doing this job because of someone's pressure. After that I was transferred to a senior advisor, I don't whether he was actually a senior advisor. His name was Mohin and he again para-phrase the issue and said the request is already been sent and it will be cancelled when the products reaches any hubs.

This is what is much interesting, according to him the product cannot be cancelled when it is in transportation so once it reaches any hubs and if they scan for the barcode, they will be notified by a pop up that the item is requested for cancellation and it will be cancelled by then. So, I had requested for cancellation of the product on Sunday and Monday 23rd 4:23 AM package has arrived at a courier facility Haryana. According to the great senior advisor Mohin, they will only be able to cancel the product when it reaches any hubs. If I had requested cancellation on Sunday and why was it not notified on Monday when it had reached the Haryana courier facility? Didn't they scan over there?

Monday, it has already left Haryana courier facility at 12:00 PM. Why was it not scanned by then at least?? I have the screenshots of the chat transcript had on Sunday and also phone recording of Tuesday as well. Someone is lying... I want to know who is that or this is the standards of Amazon customer support. I have all the proofs and this is not that product didn't cancel by time. This is about the trust I had Amazon has lost. Never use Amazon, the support is terrible

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Buyer Beware! Amazon regulates customer reviews. After submitting your review on a product, Amazon reviews your review and decides whether or not they will allow it to be posted. Amazon is intervening on what reviews they will allow to be posted so they are being biased. So beware that Amazon reviews can't be counted on being unbiased due to their intervention.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I've purchased many items from Amazon. Most are easy and good. However I have had a couple of issues that necessitated a product return. After an hour plus of trying to reach somebody at Amazon for all occasions requiring contact and finally getting to a live body... We worked out a return was needed. No problem. They sent me a label or I agreed to take the product directly to Kohl's for a NO $ FEE for shipping... Nice! However when I saw my return I was charged just over 30% fee (reduction in return) for 1 item and 34.8% fee for the other item. This is NOT what I would call "Customer Centric" as they would put it. Bottom line: don't buy clothing, gifts, wedding gifts or any other item you are not 100% sure of or be prepared to get penalize 30+%.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

I've tried logging in to my account with my current password (which I had written down) and it kept saying my password is incorrect. So I tried contacting customer service first online with their chat service and no one comes online. I tried calling them and they give you the runaround without addressing the issue. I give up on Amazon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

My experience in buying from Amazon goes back to their very early days when they were simply a discount online book store... Yes, we're talking last century here... I've watched them grow over the years and offer more and more products and services. I have enjoyed saving money while avoiding mall shopping, which I've disliked for decades.

Now, however, especially following the Great Recession, I am also sensitive to the impact dollars make on local economies. While I still spend money on Amazon, I would feel better about it if I knew my hard-earned dollars were being spent in the U.S. to support my own nation's economy, though I'm not opposed to supporting others as well, as long as they don't use and abuse workers. I'd also like to be able to choose between states in the U.S. wherein my dollars may be spent, so I can support the economies of states in which my politics are more compatible than in others. Simply stated, I like to feel good about how I am spending my money, and I like to vote, not only in the voting booth, but with my wallet as well. After all, that's really what most people in power care about.

Being the concerned shopper that I am, I recently contacted Amazon and asked how I could find out where their sellers are located (just country and/or state, nothing more). I was also interested in knowing which state's workers might be impacted by my purchases when I buy things fulfilled by Amazon (does the item ship from a warehouse in California, West Virginia, Washington state, or elsewhere). Again simply stated, I wish to feel good about my purchases by monetarily supporting certain local economies, while not inadvertently supporting others.

The response I got from Amazon went something like the ones I got from doctors' offices recently when I made some calls to find out what a procedure I may need might potentially cost. All responded by saying they cannot provide that information. Really? Doctors' offices treated me as if I was from Mars, because apparently no one ever dares question what they charge. It was only after I explained that they may call me a "patient", but I am also a "paying customer" that they referred me to others who finally got back to me with answers.

With Amazon, the story was not so pleasant. I was treated as if I was the problem, simply for asking where my hard-earned dollars might potentially go. What ever happened to customer service and making information available so customers may make informed choices? (Note: I use the term "customer" because it is MY money being spent here. I am not simply a parasitic “consumer”.)

I'm now looking to go back to purchasing things from companies directly, rather than giving Amazon my hard-earned dollars. Sad, because I typically supported new start-ups and smaller businesses on Amazon (those with 100's of reviews or less, rather than those with 100's of thousand of reviews). I liked the idea of supporting the little guy, instead of major conglomerates, while also being backed by Amazon's return policy. Sadly, Amazon seems to have become one of those major conglomerates that doesn’t care about their customers (and probably doesn’t care about their workers either).

Sadly, there are many smaller sellers who feel they need Amazon's platform to get their businesses off the ground. Because of outrageous real estate costs, they cannot afford brick and mortar storefronts, and they cannot afford the time and money it takes to move their own websites up on the google search platform. And ironically, I happen to agree with a lot of what Jeff Bezos has recently done to stand up for those without a voice. Still, after my most recent customer inquiry and Amazon’s “customer service” department response, I am going to make a concerted effort to spend most of my dollars away from Amazon from now on.

BTW, I'm not sure this is the right website upon which to post this, given the fact that you claim to have the consumer’s best interests at heart, while at the same time taking advertising dollars from businesses. Still, it’s not easy to find a site upon which one can review Amazon itself. Interesting. We'll see if this actually gets posted...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

3 years ago we did a Kickstarter funding for a recording project. Campaign was successful. The way it worked was... Donations come in and had to go into an account set up with Amazon which Amazon gets a percentage of funds that come in. We have a balance of $600 left in our account. Amazon has/is making it impossible to get the remaining funds. They keep changing the story on why they won't release our donated funds. They say one day, that our bank isn't confirmed (which we've confirmed 7-8 times now). Then they say we don't have permission to access the funds. You're put on hold for 20-30 minutes at a time and have to listen to distorted music and then talk with a customer service rep who barely speaks any English and accent is so thick it's hard to understand.

We've been butting heads with Amazon to get our last funds to help with our new recording project which we left the funds in our account for this very reason. Just now, looking at another email from Amazon they're saying again that we don't have permission to access the funds even though when you talk to one of their Indian reps we're told it should work. We've now a call into our attorney to try and make sense of what Amazon is doing. How many other Kickstarter project people are having the same issue with Bezos/Amazon and not able to get their own funds in the their accounts??

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

When ordered a product, it was supposed to get delivered on 19 Sept 2019, but still not received it. They automatically reschedule it and say as per your request???, when we haven't rescheduled. Poor my child every day he asks when will I get which we receive msg of getting delivered today. Called in customer care they also don't have proper reply on it. Really I am not happy with this type of service from Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I pay $128.00 for a Prime Membership to receive items ordered in 2 business days but it's been taking over 5 days to receive it. On 09/15/19, I ordered a $200.00 Visa Gift card to send to my granddaughter in college and Amazon charged my store credit card for $206.95. Amazon promised the delivery 09/16/19 then I received an email stating it would be 09/17/or/09/18/19. I waited until 9:00 pm on 09/18/19 but never receive the gift card. I called Amazon to ask why it wasn't delivered, customer service could not explain it. They pushed me off on Logistic (their carrier) and carrier asked me why was I transferred to them. Logistic transferred me back to customer service and bounced me around 3 times without any resolution.

Frustrating and very irritated, I asked them to cancel the order and refund my store credit card. I asked would it be an issue to purchase another Gift Card and was told no. On 09/18/19, I ordered a Mastercard Gift Card because there may have been an with Visa Card. I received notification the Mastercard would be delivered 09/20/19. I checked the tracking information and it stated it would be delivered by 9:00 pm. I checked an hour later and stated it would delivered by 10:00 pm 09/20/19.

After waiting 2 hours, I decided to check the status again where the date change again with the delivery date 09/21/19 - 09/24/19. I called Amazon customer service again and told both deliveries were delay because of the flood. I told them there wasn't a flood on 09/16 19 so it does not make sense. Akolhili transferred me to Logistics again (passing the buck) and I spoke to Andre to find out where was the package. Andre placed me on hold but another person was on the line and told me the building collapsed. I asked so the building was collapse on 09/16 also. He could not answer that question. My Amazon Store Card have both charges added to my account so I called Amazon/Synchrony Bank customer service told me Amazon.com charged me for both Gift Cards and no credit.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

DO NOT USE AMAZON'S TRADE-IN SYSTEM! They will rob you. We shipped back a Fire 8 HD tablet as well as an Echo Dot, 2nd Generation - the result was that they charged my card back the $15 and returned to us a "missing" tablet and a dirty Echo Dot that was out of its box after the shipment was late. I contacted their customer service and they were quick to dismiss me to their automated system telephone number. Absolute THIEVES! I should've just donated the items!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Bought a queen size adjustable bed. Received a full instead. Called and was told they can't replace it. Have to reorder it. And my payment won't come back to me till 30 days after they pick up the mistake. 30 days mind you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Order cpr manikins because of fast shipping and needing them by the weekend. Weekend came and went no adult cpr manikins. I was told they were damaged and sent back. I asked for a replacement to be sent and was told not an option. I asked for a refund and they said sure. 5 days later still no money. I call. They said no refund was issued. They will reprocess it and now it will take 5-7 business days. Zero internal complaint line. Zero accountability. When asked what they would do to keep me as a customer I was told, "We issued you a refund..." They need to be held accountable.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I have been paying for Prime for over 5 years and I have experienced several problems with the "2 day" shipping promise. I recently ordered a tshirt for a birthday gift that was due to be here on the day before the birthday (2 days ago). I'm still waiting for the confirmation that it had shipped. So apparently it hasn't shipped and my friend's birthday has come and gone. I'm very upset and customer service did not resolve this matter in any way. This has happened several times prior.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I ordered a new Braun coffee maker through Amazon.com. I am not an Amazon Prime member, so waited a full week before it arrived. We received a used coffee maker that was dirty and missing the carbon filter. It was not in a box, no instructions, water marks and crud inside and outside of the machine, fingerprints and dirt on the stainless steel. I called customer service, and they told me that Amazon always will send new items. I had to send them pictures to get them to believe me. After some time they decided that I should return the coffee maker and they would submit a refund. This is the first time that I have had problems with Amazon. I am really disappointed with this experience and will look into other places to buy before I use them again. Their customer service people do not care about the customer. They also put a lot of pressure on the customer to become a Prime member.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Was a paid Prime member, so called benefit was "guaranteed" 2 day delivery. Missed deadline, they do nothing for you. They apologised and offered a refund. Why would I pay for a membership to get a meaningless guarantee? Refund my money? Dont they have to do that anyway if they dont provide product? Will never deal with Amazon again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Amazon customer service is only set-up to handle the problems that Amazon wants to handle. They will not accept email or mail from customers regarding bad merchandise that is being sold on Amazon.com. Purchased a table, arrived with missing parts. Amazon website said contact manufacturer. Manufacturer said they do not warranty to the customer. Contacted Amazon, they suggested I box up the table and return it. When I explained I don't have a box, just need the missing parts they said they will send another and then I can box and return.

I asked "how to contact Amazon about poor quality product and flawed customer service process." Amazon chat (Nihal) said to email cs-reply@amazon.com. This email address bounces back and says it does not accept incoming email. Contacted chat a 2nd time (Reetu and supervisor Reena), provided the same email bad email address. Called the customer service, given the same email address. Amazon will not allow the customer to contact them about faulty merchandise that should not be sold nor flawed customer service process for product quality issues.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

The Experience from the 13th floor of hell. Amazon has quite a bit of deceptive trade practices. They play games with your orders and stall your refund in which I have not retrieve as of yet. 19 days and still no refund. I've been told one lie after another and have a stream of emails to prove each washed up lie. I will never order one single product from Amazon again. They are holding my refund that has been authorized and approved for the last 19 days with no logical explanation on why. The game that they are playing with the consumer is plain and clear in my experience they are holding the consumers refunds without a valid reason in hopes that I will place another order in which will NEVER happen. They deliberately sent the wrong product and now refusing to refund me. So I will make it one of my missions to deliberately Exposed them with the TRUTH.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I am extremely disappointed with Amazon.com! I am starting a new company and for over 2 months I am trying to buy from Amazon.com, however I had a registration in my personal email that was blocked without any justification. To unlock it, I was asked for an old credit card code, which I no longer have. Unable to unlock my account, I created a new account with my secondary email, which they blocked again and asked for all my data ... Even though I sent all the data 3 times and called customer service several times, they didn't unlock my account.

I told the story to my bank manager and she helped me create a new account which was once again locked out! For 2 months trying to buy on Amazon.com and failing, then I made the purchase through my wife's account, which she has been using for a long time, but to my surprise, now also blocked my wife's account! I can't believe this big business is so disorganized and doesn't respect its customers this way!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Item described new on Amazon and on order. When received was in a battered and dirty box, parts lose and liberally smeared with food residue. Disgusting. Will never order from Amazon again. Will actually cost me money to return. Feel totally ripped off. Of course Amazon refused my review. Scammers in my opinion.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Twice this has happened to me in one month time. I order an item with my Prime membership and I am Guaranteed second day delivery. The first time, I get the notice our for delivery, it never arrives. I get a notice for Amazon saying, order to be delivered by Friday (this is Tuesday). Friday out on truck, email notice, order delivered. No order was ever delivered and the 60 dollar battery charger on the table next to my door is missing. Keep in mind, I live in a house, not apartment.

Now, I had to reorder the same item and asked for a refund from Amazon. I never got what I was promised. Next as of this week, My item was suppose to be delivered yesterday, the 17th of September. Amazon says out for delivery. Again never arrived. I chatted with a amazon customer service. Rep. promised delivery the 18th. Still waiting. It is after 3:00 pm and nothing. Worse delivery service EVER! I am cancelling my amazon prime. Phoenix, Az.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This review is re: my Order# **. It was delivered to my apartment office about 2 blocks away and not delivered directly to my door as is always requested in my notes on each order since I am disabled and I can not walk that distance and back. The office does NOT deliver packages to tenants. I have no way to get my packages! There is one road in and out of the complex-I watch all cars go by my patio door-Amazon made no attempt to deliver. I have no way to get my packages!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Just wanted to give you guys a big shoutout. This was the first time I ever ordered from Amazon. I am not a Prime customer so I had to wait 7 to 10 days for my delivery of my 12 piece suspension kit for my truck however I received my delivery two days after I put it in as if I was a Prime customer. You guys are great. I will definitely be ordering from you again. Thanks again. Michelle

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

This review is on behalf of the purchasing of "Fast 88 Portable Elliptical Machine Fitness Workout Cardio Training Machine, Magnetic Control Mute Elliptical Trainer with LCD Monitor, Elliptical Mac"--from HOSMAT Co.--by a good friend of mine (L.L. ). On July 29, 2019, L.L. purchased this product from Amazon.com and received it on August 5, 2019. The product came without a dozen of the necessary screws to mount the machine. L.L. and I have trying, for many times--and without a success--to fix the problem together with Amazon.com.

For three times, Amazon.com's customer representatives have said that they will fix this issue without any inconvenience and that they will send L.L. the RETURN LABEL. Until now--and after many contacts to Amazon.com and HOSMAT--NOTHING was done by both companies to fix the matter. I am deciding to close my Amazon Prime account with Amazon.com as L.L. will do the same. So, ladies and gentlemen, beware of this concerning issue.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Amazon hooked us on Prime years ago with its 2-day delivery. My how times have changed! In the last week alone, I've had 2 significant problems with Prime deliveries.

1. Amazon Logistics uses independent individuals to deliver packages. As nice and well intentioned as they may be, they don't have a good sense of where to leave a package. Had I not been home to see and then intercept where a delivery guy was leaving our package, I don't know if I ever would have found it.

2. I ordered a birthday gift for my daughter 8 days prior, on a Monday. She does not live in the boonies. I would expect to arrive by Wednesday of that week, Thursday at the latest. But no, it's going to take up to 8 days to arrive. That's the closest they'll come with a delivery date at this point. So much for Prime!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I've been shopping on a regular basis at Amazon Canada for many years. During that time, what has usually impressed me the most was their high level of personalized customer service. In the past few months though, that seems to be declining rapidly. Even their Executive Office seems to be changing, and not in a good way. They were always there when things were not resolved at a lower level. The last time I contacted **, I didn't even get a reply. This continuing decline in customer care has me looking elsewhere FIRST, not as a last resort, when shopping online. I'm also trying to shop more locally, which is a plus! Bezo has repeatedly predicted that Amazon will go bankrupt, and in the near future. I won't be surprised if that happens. And perhaps this decline in concern for customers total satisfaction is the start of that journey. If a giant like Sears can go under, so can Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I ordered a bundled item (phone with earbuds and power charge package) and there was a problem with my amazon.com charge. I received the email to "update payment info" and immediately resolved the issue and updated within 24 hrs. Now this did change my prime shipping by a day but since it was the following business day that I resolved things, that was acceptable, however, it is now the expected date of delivery and they still have yet to charge it. I chatted with both amazon.com and Synchrony Bank (who issues amazon.com charge) and while they saw the declined attempt, they have not seen another attempt since I requested the payment to be updated. The bank asked to have them "try again" and they stated, "Well, we can request it but it will take 1-3 days."

Why do I pay for a prime membership just to be transferred around and given a bunch of BS for over 2 1/2 hours to get nothing accomplished. I will be seriously considering buying elsewhere and cancelling my prime membership if their customer service attitude is "not my problem - you just have to wait". 7 customer service reps due to chat changes, transfers to wrong dept, and straight up hangups to request reference number to be told, "We don't do that" is just ridiculous for customer service department.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I purchased an expensive order from Amazon. Never got it. The driver didn't follow the delivery instructions. Gave my packages to someone outside. I called. Got lied to and promised a refund. I only got run around for weeks until after return date expired. Amazon denied they ever spoke with me at all. The driver needed to be fired for not following company policy. The customer service reps need to learn English before you come here from 3rd world countries. And jerk supervisors do your job. Amazon employees are incompetent working for world's richest crook (** Amazon). I'll shop the old fashioned way.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I placed an order for some computer parts on Sept. 3rd 2019. I choosed free shipping because their shipping rates were outrageous. Sept. 14th came around and I noticed they have yet marked it shipped, so I called them to ask what was going on? This Amazon Rep puts me on hold for 15 mins before getting back on and tells me because I choosed free shipping they would ship it near the expected date of delivery. She even made the comment that the order was 6 hrs away that when they do ship it it won't take long to get here. That didn't stop them from taking my money pretty fast. I thought Walmart was bad trying to push their self-checkouts on everyone by closing the other checkouts down. So if it's only 6 hrs away why would I want to pay 40 dollars for shipping on an item that weighed no more than 5 lbs? Greed has it's own karma.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I purchased a popcorn maker from Amazon. Stated if I ordered would receive it within two days. Email after I purchased the item stated it would be delivered within two days. Later I received email stating it would be received in three days. When I checked delivery information it stated it was out for delivery. When I still had not received the item I checked status again. It said could take till Five additional days. I was a Prime member with two day shipping. Called customer service. Useless!! I cancelled my membership due to their customer service!! I could have bought the same product at Sam's Club/Walmart for same price and received it quicker!! Cancelled my order. I will go to Sam's Club!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I ordered these products. It was due on the 11th of September. Do not receive it to the 14th. I had called Amazon on the 11th and all they could tell me it is, "I understand." I was trying to cancel my order and all they could tell me is, "I understand." The worst customer service. No English speaking people. How to request one so I have to wait another week for my credit do. After trying to cancel they kept claiming they couldn't cancel the shipment. I have to receive it.

Amazon.com Company Information