Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.94/5
Based on 4,788 ratings submitted in the last year

5601 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was on the phone for over THREE hours today with several different customer service reps and several different departments. No one seemed to be able to stay on track or help me with my issue. I just kept getting the run around and being told the wrong things and tossed around. The reps kept getting my information highly incorrect or asking me for information that they had right in front of them pulled up on my account! How do I know because 1.) any other time I’ve called in they had that info and 2.) some of the reps today told me that’s what they were looking at. So why exactly, why does it take over 7 agents for three hours to simply pay my bill for them to explain that they cannot help me? All of this took place mind you while I’ve been dealing with pre term contractions as I was discharged from hospital last night.

There was absolutely no focus, empathy or resolution to my issue. They were asking me the same questions over and over when it was simple. I just needed to pay a bill and be connected to someone who could actually help with that. Some reps asked if I wanted to cancel prime. Uh where did that come from?? No, I said I just need to pay my bill. Other reps tried telling me they didn’t know what credit card I was referring to or one rep told me I had two Amazon credit cards. Again uh no I don't. And I’m confused as to why the Amazon rep I’m talking to that can see my account just as I can is so highly incompetent with my information? So after the first two hours I finally just told them to cancel my card. I never activated it nor purchased anything and this was too much of a hassle.

But somehow when I applied for it the card replaced my regular card on file to pay for my monthly prime membership and that’s all I needed to pay to come to a zero balance and avoid a late fee as I’m going to be busy with my newborn soon. Then I was told the company the card was through could help me and take payment over the phone. So transferred yet again, somehow got disconnected after the lady asked me for my social security number which was concerning. So I had to call back and yet go through the ringer again. Finally after explaining for the thousandth time and getting told all kinds of ridiculous things that has nothing to do with my reason for calling (payment) I was transferred again and told to have my credit card handy to make payment and that my card was cancelled finally but not my prime. (Wanted to keep prime just not the Amazon credit card.)

Well once transferred the lady told me my prime was cancelled but not my card. I told her I just spent half hour with the last rep being very clear only the card was to be cancelled and he assured me that was the case. Then she said, "Oh he just deleted it not cancel and yes prime is active." Seriously? Why did you just tell me the complete opposite. So I tell her, "Okay I’d like to cancel" and she assisted me with that. I told her I needed to pay off my balance that was somehow added to my card that I never activated. She then tells me she can’t help me over the phone with a credit card after I was just told more than once that yes they can do that!!!! Why do Amazon reps have misinformation for the company that they choose their very own credit card to be handled through???? So after spending hours on the phone I told her that was my only payment source and got off the phone.

I then had to call back once finding a check (that I never use as all bills are on auto pay through my card) in order to make this payment that took over THREE hours. How just how is there so much confusion? And why does it take Amazon hours to simply tell me they can’t help me and just be able to get me to someone who can? I also chatted with a rep after this horrendous experience to request an email for corporate and after getting the run around for 20 minutes (what is my complaint and how can they handle it and tell them more) I was finally able to get an email. That is for customer service, the very reps I dealt with, not corporate. He assured me they can escalate. But during one of my lovely rep conversations I asked for a manager and he told me they have none of those. Then minutes later told me they only have supervisors. I told him, "Okay well that’s what I’m looking for, same thing just a higher up."

I’ve seriously lost hope in Amazon as of this experience. I don't understand why making a payment and getting to the correct department took three hours and why no one seemed to understand anything about anything on my account. This is highly concerning and highly unprofessional. Worst customer service experience of my life. I will be calling corporate tomorrow because no way in heck am I going to put faith in one more representative to escalate my issue for the poor service. As not one representative knew what they were talking about or were able to assist me.

UPDATE ** Went to add pictures of my chat with several of the representatives and only the last one is there where I asked for email for corporate. Very fishy considering all my other inquires for the past few months are there. Seems like they trying to cover tracks with the serious incompetence and lack of support today. This is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Amazon re-packing has deteriorated over the past couple of years. Very recently, I ordered a a pair of glasses; the small box (2"x 6"x 2") the product was package was very secure, and a simple envelope would have sufficed. Instead, I got a huge cardboard box (18"x 12"x 6") filled with those inflated plastic fillers. Amazon talks about about one of their corporate values being sustainability; seems to be a conflict here. Furthermore, I commented on the packaging as part of the product review; pointing out the irresponsibility of Amazon. Amazon refused to publish the comment. We are moving to using Amazon as a search engine for products, then buying directly from a online retailer. Very happy to pay a little extra for responsible packaging.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have been cancelling an order for two weeks. It has not been shipped but the seller can ship it after I have messaged them several times to cancel. I can not get any help from Amazon. I can even type my situation they only have you push quotes that don't retain to my situation...Amazon has became a eBay. Well actually worse than eBay!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Never buy mobile phones on Amazon. Defective OnePlus mobile product will not be refunded to you by Amazon. Be aware before buying. They will not refund the product, though it's a faulty product, and moreover will try to not do the replacement of the product. Never buy. Very bad experience with Amazon. Think 100 times before buying. Don't order it online, you can't return it if you didn't like the phone. Better go in a shop check and then buy. Waste of money and time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been ordering from Amazon for over 10 years and FedEx was the best delivery service. Since Amazon started using its own delivery services I have called at least 5 times this year to report that my packages were delivered to the wrong address. I have put detailed notes in the delivery instructions about what the front area of my apartment looks like to help them identify my apartment unit door. The drivers aren't reading the instructions at all. Fortunately they take pictures to show proof that they delivered the product. This the proof I use when I call customer service to show it's the wrong apartment unit. I order online from many companies but Amazon is the only company who delivers my packages to the wrong address and consistently.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Amazon get hacked card numbers stolen and used, when new numbers put in they stolen within 2 days. Then emails from fake Amazon to put in new numbers to pay annual subscription. After second email talk to Amazon again about problem denied card ever being stolen, would not let talk to a higher up supervisor or to the fraud unit. Their attitude is it is not their problem. Anyone using Amazon use prepaid cards and don't have any more money on them than that you can afford to lose.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I bought a Fire 8 tablet for my 7 year old granddaughter for Xmas, and for well in excess of 3 months, despite trying all the "fixes" stated by their Customer services, the device will not even turn on. This device is supposed to have a 2 year "no quibble" warranty, which despite just trying to get a replacement, as I am the purchaser, and bought it through my account, they keep sending contradicting emails, stating they are going to replace it & then days later when I comply with their request as to where it's to be sent to change their minds, and start stating data protection laws.

Amazon have broken UK laws & UK consumer laws, firstly they have allowed/coerced a minor into opening an account with them, without either parental consent or authority, then they refuse to honour a binding 2 year warranty, trying to hide behind UK laws, while blatantly breaking UK laws. They can't have it both ways and I suggest everyone to boycott Amazon products, AS THEY DO NOT HONOUR THEIR OWN WARRANTIES, WHILE TOTALLY FAILING IN SUPPLYING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

This review isn't for a product but for Amazon's shipping practices. I am an avid user of Amazon (I may not be for much longer). I have placed 109 orders in 2019 and 149 in 2018. I have recently had issues receiving my goods. I regularly receive items at two addresses and have had issues at both. I have been trying to avoid Amazon due to so many issues with shipping but I live 30 miles from civilization (my town has 4000 people and no stop lights). This is it... I ordered a bicycle for my son's 10th birthday. Leave it up to Amazon to botch this one simple thing!!! I have had issues with 12 of my last 15 orders. All of my issues have been directly associated with Amazon's courier services. Anytime my package ships direct with UPS, USPS, or FedEx I have no issues. This time the package was lost when being transferred from Amazon to USPS. Amazon has done very well in hiding all of the issues they are having satisfying their shipping promises.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I ordered a product through Amazon and I paid extra for 2 day shipping because I do not have Prime..Today makes day 3 and still waiting on my delivery..Customer service is even worse, contacted them. They can't tell me where my package is or when it will be delivered. They will me to wait a couple more days for the delivery. CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR MONEY OR YOU AS A CUSTOMER. I'll try ebay from now on.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

They either lie about where they left your package or never come down the drive way and leave it. I have left detailed instructions where and how to get to my house, and where and how to leave my package. They are lazy and don't care about their job. Since they have started using their own delivery service things have gone down hill very fast. IF I get this last order I am going to drop my Prime membership as it isn't doing anything for me if I am paying for something I am not getting.

Amazon.com Company Information