2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.72/5
Based on 4,995 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

My account on Amazon was compromised Dec. 27, 2019 and has not been rectified as of today’s date of 1/16/2020. 9 purchases were made using my Discover card, 9 reviews were made under my account, numerous password changes - none of these were made by me. I have spoken to at least 8 different CS reps, each one telling me the matter has been resolved, “no need to worry”, “it was not handled properly by last CS rep”. I woke up this morning with an email stating that “per your request, we have successfully changed your password.” Time sent - nearly 1:00 am, while I was sleeping. No, I did not request a password change. Asked CS to delete reviews not written by me. They said they would. They did not. Promises that Security division will notify me within 48 hours. They do not. Where does a customer go to get help? Seriously?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The Customer Service at Amazon is overall very good, at times I do run into an agent who is not that helpful. The shipping department though, at times packages are not secured properly or dividing up a small order into 3 or more packages. I have been a customer for 7 years and the shipping could be better.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Honesty and fairness. Ordered a series on prime. Season 1 was $1.05, 2nd season was $14.95, 3rd season was $14.95 and it showed the last 3 seasons were $14.95. But after watching season 3 the price went to $29.95 for season 4 and showed season 5 & 6 $14.95 each. Now I'm almost done with season 4 and they jacked season 5 & 6 up to $29.95 each. Amazon has slowly become my go to for shopping over the last year. I'm going to cancel after this year and start shopping other online competitors. This is just wrong and price gouging.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I have been locked out of my account for 5 days. And every yahoo I talk to says the same thing.... An email will be sent, follow the instruction. Did that....5 times on 5 different days. Been Amazon for many years. Not anymore.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I never had a problem with Amazon until one of their dumb drivers broke a tree on my porch! Then the trouble began.. I was really upset because it was a 4 yr old fruit tree and the jerk took picture of the package he chucked over the wall but made sure none of the destruction was in the picture. I immediately contacted Amazon, and it took them forever to give me a check for reimbursement. Then all of a sudden my packages weren’t coming to my house. The drivers were arguing with the management of my apartment complex. Some lied and said I wasn’t home, made every excuse in the world. I called about that issue because I am handicapped, and I expect my orders to come to my home. Then I found out someone changed at amazon changed my preference without my permission. I asked for the name of this person but they would not tell me.

I started cancelling kindle and pantry. Today I ordered something and changed my mind within minutes. Cancelled the order and they are telling me I can’t cancel. I contact them and they tell me I can’t cancel because it’s in shipping. I said in minutes it’s shipping? That is a complete lie. It’s not coming for 2 more days and within minutes they are shipping? I have had it with this company!! I’m going to tell my husband we are canceling his Brit box and HBO and then I’m going to delete amazon! I spend a lot of money with this company over many years and this is how they treat their customers.. They suck!! I can’t live with their complete incompetence any longer. Just remember if we keep ordering from them they will monopolize and then raise their prices because you won’t have a choice any longer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I have been a Amazon prime member for years and have never had any issues. I even opened a business account a few years ago, again never had any issues until just a few days ago. Couldn't log into either of my accounts. Received an error message that I'm temporarily locked out and to contact customer service for assistance, which I did. Had to answer some questions and then was told I had to wait 24 hours and someone would be in touch with me and unlock my account. NO ONE called me! My accounts were still locked so I called again the next day. I was told that they are behind and I just have to wait! No one can tell me why my account is locked because my account is locked. WTH!! POOR POOR customer service! Before anyone locks your account you should call them! I am so disappointed with how I was treated. If this is how you treat your customers, I hope you get treated the exact same way!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I am honestly shocked at how this billion dollar company cannot allow me to sign up for Amazon student prime. I have provided proof of enrolment, have provided transcripts but because it is an American school, even though, I attend a Canadian location (designated and accredited school in CANADA). Five or more representatives have not been able to figure out how to sign me up and they have provided ZERO options. I will NOT be using Amazon any longer based on their extremely poor customer service of not being able to help a customer who uses their website daily.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Lately, all orders that are "Fulfilled by Amazon" have been very slow to process and ship, to the point I am going to return to paying a few extra dollars to buy local. My last five orders, only when I contacted Amazon to question why so slow, did they seem to jump right on getting orders processed and shipped.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Over the last year or so, a number of purchases have been improperly packaged for shipment, left on the side of the road or in other insecure locations, damaged in shipment, or the latest incident, mis-delivered complete with a picture that is not of my property as anyone with Google maps or similar could see. The picture showed that the item was improperly packaged as well (item was not packaged at all, the product was in its manufacturer's box with a shipping label stuck on). There seems to be little understanding at Amazon of the amount of my time they are wasting, having to return or reorder items. I will give them credit for being prompt in handling the issues, but I have no interest in continuing with a service that is no longer reliable nor of acceptable quality. I use Amazon Prime primarily for shipping, have subscribed since Prime began as a shipping service, and will give Amazon one more chance before I cancel my prime membership.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Amazon: MOST internet order mistakes & problems? In 2019 my business placed 118 orders at Amazon.com.

* Over 40% weren't packed properly, contained damaged, defective or wrong items.
    * As year went on more deliveries got slower, slower and late.
    * Returns were lost for up to 2 weeks at Amazon warehouse(s).
    * Refunds were incorrect and rarely processed as promised in writing.

* Frequently asked questions to Customer Service via online chat and email were NEVER answered!

Amazon.com Company Information