2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 4,948 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2020

I ordered a lamp more than 2 months ago. However, the lamp never arrived. I have called customer service 3 different times, different weeks and customer service has told me twice to wait 48 hours for the seller to contact me. On the third time after several weeks I called them back and they told me the same thing. I told them for this seller there is no place to request your money back and that I was fed up and needed my money back! Up to today I have not received my money back I will have to call the bank to cancel payment. I frequently purchased at Amazon to avoid any complications. However, customer service is not what it used to be. Their customer service is deplorable and it has become very difficult to get a refund from them.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have stopped selling in Amazon few months ago. I have requested to refund my money. The ticket ID ** says that the payment has been refunded. But I have never received it. Not only that I am getting further requests for monthly payments end of every month. What is wrong with you Amazon? How do we trust your system if you can't manage your own. I am extremely disappointed with your service.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I am a 47 year old man live on social assistance with disability. I am trying to build a solar power system. So I go on Amazon.ca to buy battery's. I order one for 360 dollars. It comes, all good. Week latter I get email saying it is 30 dollars cheaper. Good. Next one will be less. I also acquired 100 dollars from amazon.ca from many problems with products and customer services people. 3 of which told me that it could and would be put towards the same battery that I order. So I get my next check buy food and leave enough for the battery. I have about 360 dollars left. Go to order and it now cost 430 dollars. But with my credit of a 100 dollars still have enough. I order, it's declined. They didn't put the credit of 100 dollars towards it.

So I go back find it for some reason 330 again. I order it and the 100 goes towards it. 230 dollars. Then email saying payment declined. I call my Bain they tell me amazon has only taken out my prime membership fees. And didn't try to do any other payments. So I go back and look for the same deal and it is gone only 430 dollars from someone else so the 100 they owe me cannot be used towards it. They sold it to some one else for more and messed me over.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I canceled my Amazon Prime membership before I was due to be charged because the coronavirus has effectively laid off our household and we can no longer afford it. I was charged early this week for my HBO subscription on Amazon prime. After contacting them regarding the charge that was supposed to be canceled I was told that the issue would be resolved, my account would be canceled, and I would be refunded. I was charged immediately for my prime account that night and the following morning for a showtime subscription which was included in my prime bundle. I contacted Amazon again and this time they kept passing me off to other customer service representatives.

Finally I manage to reach someone but her English is spotty and she doesn't understand I'm asking for a refund and to find out why or how I was still charged for what was supposed to be a canceled membership. I spent 15 minutes at least repeating what the issue was and she just kept sending me a message detailing what I was charged for. I'm now overdraft on my bank account. On top of Amazon charges my bank charged me excessively for every charge from prime. I've tried to chat with customer service, call, and email. I've yet to reach anyone actually listening and resolving my issue. On top of it all my accounts are canceled yet I don't have the refund to show for it. Essentially I paid for nothing. So now I'm having to deal with this through my bank because I cannot seem to get this resolved with Amazon. Their customer service reps at this point are terrible. Even my bank was surprised at how it was handled.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Until yesterday, I loved Amazon. Their customer service was the best. Even if I had to pay a little more, I purchased from Amazon because I knew that any problems I might encounter would be resolved by Amazon. However, now Amazon appears to be taking advantage of the coronavirus, which if true, is the most dastardly action I can imagine. I tried to call customer service and get a recording stating that Amazon customer service is shut down due to the coronavirus. I have not found any other company that has shut down its customer service. Other companies' customer service lines are working, with their employees working from home. Given the current state of technology, why can't Amazon maintain its customer service by having its representatives work from home? Is Amazon still paying its customer service representatives, or is this an excuse for Amazon to save money--profit from the coronavirus?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: March 27, 2020

Amazon has new excuse for lousy service, Coronavirus. On March 26th I tried to order brake parts for my daughter's automobile and was informed that they could not deliver the parts until April 23rd. They considered it an unnecessary item. I asked them what were the necessary items with no answer. I guess toilet paper and paper towels are top priority over the safety of a human life in a motor vehicle.

I was on the phone with four representatives and three supervisors with no satisfactory results. They all just passed the buck from one to the other. One f the supervisors was supposed to escalate the matter to a higher department and left me on hold for 30 minutes and then just disconnected after I had been on the phone for 1 hour and a half with different Representatives. Amazon has no resolutions to customer issues. Prices fluctuate like gasoline. I wouldn't recommend the Subscribe and save unless you want to pay a different price every time it gets automatically ordered.

Original review: March 25, 2020

Amazon offers a credit card through Chase bank, while it may sound good, especially during the Christmas season BEWARE! Amazon CHANGES your payment method WITHOUT NOTIFYING YOU. If you set up your payments to be made through your bank, debit card, you may not notice it right away. Suddenly you have a credit card bill you weren't expecting. Amazon DID NOT have the authorization to make this change, but did so anyway. This is the second time this has happened!

Original review: March 23, 2020

I have 2 comments to make. 1 I agree about some kind of reimbursement for prime membership not because of things being delivered late, that is expected in this situation but because I am not even allowed to put available products I really need in my cart! I get blocked by a white screen that comes up and states, "Sorry no seller deliverable in your area." These are the same products I have been ordering for years and I live just a several blocks away from a major city. I see UPS come through our neighborhood everyday so I watch helplessly as these products which are not a now that there a virus scare something I would just now be buying get bought out from under me.

The 2nd issue is my major issue and it has to do with all of you out there who are healthy and can get to a store yourself. No one has spoken up about this and it needs to be addressed. I am home bound and basically bedridden from a rare immune deficiency disease so I am immune compromised all the time so I always have these disinfectants and masks all the time. They are essential to my health. I am alone on my own and have no way to get these items or other regular items for daily care except through Amazon Prime & Prime Now which is no longer delivering to my area because they have no open time slots. So I am alone without any help and no way to get anything because even places like CVS or OFFICE DEPOT will only have these items for pick up in store. I am going without and more vulnerable than ever.

There are others like me maybe not my same medical conditions but same situation. So please if you are able bodied and can get to a store or have someone who can do so for you, it may be inconvenient but by buying up way more than you need and using services that you don’t need you have already placed people like me in a dangerous position. They say it takes a crisis to bring out the true nature of people and sadly that is true, well take a look now. People are selfish and the hoarding and not looking out for or even thinking about others who may not be able to get things for themselves shows you this.

If people just got about 2-3 weeks at a times worth of what they absolutely need and left some on the shelf for the next to do the same and they saved the online delivery services for those who can’t do without them then we wouldn’t be where we are now. And as for these companies that only allow purchases in store, you are guilty Just as well. PPE and sanitizers should go first to healthcare workers, I used to be one until I became ill, including first responders, and then their patients and elderly. I share my few supplies with the RN or N.P. that visits me not just for her protection but mine, think about it, patients who are home bound and receiving medical care in home are far more vulnerable than any healthy person who just uses common sense and washes their hands more often and stays home if sick.

All healthy people are panicking and hoarding while those of us who are pretty much living in isolation all the time are like, well welcome to our world. At least you know that at some point your isolation will end. Ours won’t. I applaud Amazon’s hiring more people, but only if it is going to once again allow those who are not only prime members but home bound to have access to items and Prime Now services.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I've been ordering books valued at $100+ from Amazon for about a year now, and the last couple of times I've gotten books delivered they have came in the mail damaged because they weren't packaged properly. A few examples would be corners and spine on a hardcover book getting dinged up because they are being delivered in an oversized box with little padding/no protection from handling. Another example would be having the front of a cover on another hardcover book being sliced with what looks like a box cutter, plus damage to the spine with poor packaging.

It's unfortunate because everything else about their service is great, but it means nothing when the product comes home damaged. Fortunately they are very lenient with their return policy, and you're not expected to pay for any shipping, which is how it should be. Having to re-box and go to your local post office to make a return is extremely inconvenient. If another item comes in damaged I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: March 18, 2020

With the current pandemic going on, Amazon's platform has now turned into an absolute mess when it's needed the most. Issues include: fraud sellers capitalising on the pandemic, extremely late deliveries (way past latest delivery dates even when you pay extra for expedited delivery), products that don't match the advertised description, faulty products, and the WORST customer service team ever. Call hotlines are broken and customer service members are each giving me different information. Not to mention a lengthy complaint I wrote to them 2 weeks ago, that I still haven't gotten a reply from! And they think that giving me a $5 voucher will simply amend everything, what an absolute joke. I could cancel my Prime subscription and save myself way more money than that.

Amazon.com Company Information