2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 4,947 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Amazon delivery is terrible. They will give delivery windows as late as 10:00pm. The drivers are rude and don't follow instructions. I had a driver throw my boxes down a concrete flight of stairs next door to my address. They will just throw the boxes from the sidewalk at my door. I'm constantly getting damaged items because their drivers mishandling packages.

Trying to contact customer service is even worse. It takes up to an hour to get someone who can even understand what's happening so you end up explaining your issue over and over again. And then they can barely do anything remotely helpful so you just end up frustrated with no resolution. And the app has gotten really bad. I'll try and have my packages delivered on my prime day, which is an offered service, but it almost always tells me it's unavailable even though it's days away. Contacting customer service through the app is a terrible experience and they took away the email options, which is unacceptable in this day and age.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

So I ordered two items from Amazon. It’s supposed to be delivered on November 12th. I saw USPS truck outside, but still didn’t receive my package. Later I called to Amazon customer service. Together we talked to USPS... They gave me refund. I ordered same items again. This package supposed to be delivered on November 15th. Again I stayed all day at home. No one ring my doorbell. No one even came inside my building.. I live on first floor right next to main entrance and can hear when people coming inside the building. I got message that package was delivered 1 minute ago. I opened my door - no package. Went to lobby - no package. I checked around building - nothing. Checked other buildings - nothing. So I again called to Amazon/USPS. They told me to wait few days.

Three days later I went to local post office. They said package was delivered. How come it was delivered if I was at home? So Amazon representative told me they are going to make their own investigation. One Week later I called to Amazon to talk to Fraud department. The person which I talked was not able to help me. I asked to transfer me to supervisor. Supervisor Tom was rude. He was keep saying by our policy “Risk and loss” policy you not getting refund or replacement. I asked him who are they these people who investigate case. Can I talk to them. He said I can not talk to them. Didn’t give me any explanations why they took such kind of decision.

I was asking him what other options I have. How can I get my money back, but he was keep saying same sentence- our policy, our policy, our policy ... you not getting refund and not getting replacement. And actually he said like it’s my fault that I supposed to know about this policy, because when we “customers” are creating accounts we supposed to read terms before to press “agree” button. I got emotional, since he was keep saying same thing over and over. Not trying to help me to solve this problem. He yelled, I yelled.

Later he send me respectful email which says I can go to police and file report. But when we were talking he didn’t say a word about police and was just plain rude. I even said that I will post on Facebook about my experience with Amazon. And going to call to corporate number. I got so upset.. I am single mother with two special needs kids. I took two days off to receive these packages... and now they are treating me like I am the one who is lying.

Next step I decided to call to USPS. Lady who I talked to said package was Uninsured, so if they will not find package it means package is lost and you are not getting your money back. She said talk to seller. I again called to Amazon Fraud department. The guy who I talked to was sooo rude. No one treat me this way before. He yelled - "Package was delivered! You not getting refund or replacement." He was yelling at me straight 5 minutes. And asked If I have questions. I said “yes” and he hung up phone. He refused to listen me. Didn’t even let me say 1 word. Just keep yelling at me. It was Horrible. I don’t know why I was paying them every month $14.99 for Prime membership. If They treating me like **.

I called third time to Amazon, because I want to ask what I am going to do since USPS said that package was uninsured and I need to talk about this matter with Amazon and also I wanted to file complaint about previous two guys for yelling at me. So this rep also didn’t helped me about uninsured items, at least he wasn’t yelling. He said he will take care of my complaint. Even he didn’t asked me names and details. I asked him to provide me “Service request ID”.. He said it will be Internal case, so there is no service request ID, and there is no way I can find out did they take care about my issues with other 2 representatives. Now I know... that Amazon just like that can take your money. USPS will not take care of you too since package was not insured by seller. So I just lost some money money, cried a little, and got upset for entire day.

Dear Fraud department, you guys getting your salary from money of customers like me. If money of single mother with special needs kids makes you richer... take it. No problem. I unsubscribe from Amazon Prime. This is last time I ordered something from Amazon. It’s just privately owned company, they don’t value their customers. Please read “Risk and loss policy”.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I was amazed last spring, when I ordered a couple of sweaters from Amazon. The tag inside said “Amazon Essentials.” What struck me, when I tried on the first one, was how soft it was; the second thing was how well the sweater fit... Actually, there were three things... The true color was the third - the red was such a beautiful shade. If Amazon still carries the same sweater, I plan on buying more during this sale. They weren’t expensive at full price, so I really believe I’ll be getting a bargain.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Amazon's algorithm is faulty. I submitted a positive review that fell within their guidelines. My review was simple, "The soap base melted nicely in the microwave and performed as expected". 3 days later Amazon's auto rejection email arrived, telling me I had violated the terms and the review would not be posted. Ridiculous! I replied explaining that they had made a mistake, but of course you cannot reply to their robots, so a human never had a chance to correct the error. Amazon is too big for their britches and should be broken up via Anti Trust.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Customer service is awful. First order was lost and now the second is damaged. All I get is I’m sorry. 1 month and counting. Two refunds issued and still can’t get my order right. Ridiculous.... Need to finish a project and can’t get it done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

Someone made an account on Amazon and ordered prime and a usb chord with my credit card. Amazon will not refund my money. Said I needed to file a police report. No one will get back to me from the fraud department either. They just keep sending me more emails to fill out about complaints. I can get better customer service at the DMV.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Summary: Amazon customer service is really bad and wasted so much of my time and locked my funds in my bank. Read on for full info. I bought a PC parts from amazon on Black Friday which resulted a cost of around 1500. My bank authorised the payment and so the funds from my account went into pending state which should be claimed by them when the parts dispatch.

When dispatch time came the order got declined because their system said that my bank did not authorise the charge. (This meaning they tried to claim the funds in pending status. Pending status funds cannot be accessed by me and only claimed by the seller e.g amazon. If the seller doesn't claim the funds in 7 working days, the funds will automatically go back into your account which is then accessible). So I had to call amazon and my bank because both were saying it was each other's fault and long story short I found out that amazon was trying to make another transaction of the same amount "1500 GBP" instead of claiming the funds. This is why the order got cancelled every time it tried to dispatch. (This took about 3 hours of calling and only the last 30 minute call was able to inform me about the Actual situation and the previous was just amazon telling me the same thing over and over that it I need to check with my bank.)

So the "payment team" was "working on it" for 2 days and nothing happened. Eventually the person following up sent me the same message saying that I need to double check my card and my details. I mean come on. You serious? WHY? Why would my bank authorise the amount in the first place to be transferred into pending state. These people are just saying the same thing over and over and wasted 5 days from dispatch. Took a 2 hour call and tried to resolve something on the same day (Thursday) and got just the option to cancel my order and get "compensation". (Bought on black friday and so the actual total was 1600 but I had discounts on it. So they offered a 100 gift card around so I pay the exact same amount.)

Really tho like why. Friday ordered my parts, Sunday (2 days later) they tried to dispatch but failed, finally informed on Thursday (4 days later) that the payment team did nothing so had to call back. During all this time I wasted 5 hours of calling amazon, some of my parts went out of stock and went back in stock the Wednesday after the Thursday. My parts would be delayed by almost 10 days and 5 hours of my time wasted and I made time to build on that weekend but just ruined because of amazon. "Compensation" offered wasn't actually compensation. I'm still paying the same price to get parts 10 days later, to get 5 hours of my time wasted and extra time for ruining my plans.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Like many prospective purchasers I frequently consult the Amazon customer review ratings before making a purchase. Only recently I discovered that these ratings are frequently incorrect. For example a Celestron Evolution 8 telescope has a rating of 3.5 when using the reviews on which it is based it should be 4.3. This is a simple math error. Since all the information required for the correct computation is in the listing the software is clearly deficient. I have found a number of errors like this. In addition, you cannot assume that the ratings shown are based on the product which you are looking at. Using the Evolution 8 again as an example the reviews on which the rating is based are reviews for three different sizes and two different versions of the telescope. I brought this to Amazon's attention without result. So before accepting Amazon's product ratings you had better check them out thoroughly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Your feedback on Amazon is monitored and controlled. I have never expected that my review to a particular vendor on Amazon is blocked. Please see my review below and Amazon’s reply. Obviously I didn’t violate any of their rules on feedback. I think what made them mad is that I compared them with local Walmart store. I believe that Amazon treat their vendors and their customers differently because the vendors pay them the advertising fee, the consumers don’t.

The following is my review: Not happy about the product and the seller. First of all, I did not know the product would be mailed out from India. The package is damaged. It seems like it has a cigarette burnt-hole on it. The sheet has black ash on it. Fortunately the hole didn't burn through the sheet. If the seller used a cardboard box, it would be a better protection. Second, on Amazon the product is described as 850-thread count. When the product arrived, I can't find anywhere on it says that it has 850-thread count and I doubt it has. It feels like it has 400-thread count. I can buy a set of 850-thread count bed sheet at local Walmart store for $99. I paid $86.99 for the one I got from Amazon. However, on Amazon, it says the shipping fee is $5. Since I am in Canada and everything I pay on Amazon is in Canadian dollar, I assumed the shipping fee was $5 Canadian. However, when the package came, it shows a $10 US shipping fee.

To be fair, $10 US shipping all the way from India to Canada is quite cheap, only that the seller lied about the shipping fee. Also, $86.99 product cost plus $10 US shipping fee, I may as well buy it from Walmart, at least if something is wrong, I can return it. I am not happy about the product but shipping it back to India will be too expensive.

Below is Amazon's reply:

A few common issues to keep in mind:
    • Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.ca/feedback.
    • We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.
    • Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.
    • Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review.

• Any attempt to manipulate Community content or features, including contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content, is strictly prohibited.

In addition, I was offered a free-trial period for two of Amazon's special membership. Now I can't cancel them. When I tried, their website tells me that there is no payment information. Why they need payment information when I am still in the free-trial period? And I can't even find their phone number to call them. Sherry

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I just spent hour 8 trying to correct a refund applied to the wrong payment method - a closed bank account. Despite the fact that I told the original agent to give me a gift card because I no longer had that VISA card. The last supervisor, Jane, from the states told me because I'm a Prime member, the only option for refunds - Amazon's policy - is the original payment method. Because it's a closed bank account, they suggested I go down to my old bank and ask for a refund check. Hour 9L lol. I told them my idea is never to pay for Prime membership again. Beware members! Average shoppers on the website have more rights than we do!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I received the wrong brand of jojoba oil. After several runarounds with incompetent customer service reps I was asked to send a photo of the item. Then I was told that the photo I sent was from an order I placed over a year ago. In effect, he called me a LIAR. He also said that is the brand I ordered this past time, although the order history clearly showed it was not. Amazon made a mistake and refuses to acknowledge it and make it right.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Due to back issues and needing a replacement hip I was housebound just before Christmas 2 years ago. My stepson had raved about Amazon and how he bought many items for the house such as toilet paper, paper towel, laundry soap, and many other household items plus groceries. I decided to give it a try. I bought all my Christmas gift, lots of household items and some books.

I loved the fact that they were brought right to my front door and in the almost 3 years I have been shopping at Amazon I have probably only returned about 5 items a couple of which were thing that had opened in transit. There was never any questing about a return. They emailed me a return label and all I had to was box it back up and attach shipping label (one on outside and one on inside). My refund was issued as soon as they received the package. No wonder Jeff Bezos is a Billionaire. He certainly knew how to grow a company the right way.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

My 5 and 7 years old play at their Kindles. My 5 years old buys games without looking at the price tags. After talked to Amazon team I put parental control, pin and remove the credit card from the account. A few weeks were o.k. then one day amazon charged me 16 times on different games. I called amazon customer service. After listening and playing on the computer past 15, 20 minutes everyone realized that this is not him or her department. That day, I was on the phone for 87 minutes trying to beg and convince that my son is not responsible for around $ 130 on games. All wasted. The last lady just blamed me for not being a good parent. She said that it is my fault not setting up the pin and refused to refund me anything.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I got a Fire Stick that turned out to be crap. It takes forever to load the home page, constant connection errors, crashing, etc. Per the Amazon website, there is a one-year warranty for Amazon Devices, including the Fire Stick. Well, I called the customer service number, and the first woman told me that they didn’t offer warranties. I explained the policy on the website, even sent a screenshot, and she still said there was no such thing. So I hung up and called back. The next person said that I was looking at a fake website and she was under the impression that 30 days and 1 year are the same amount of time. I explained I was not looking for a refund, I wanted my fire stick to be fixed and stop crashing, and she said she could process an exchange.

She calls back about 5 minutes later explaining that there was an “unexpected issue” with their computer system, and they could not process an exchange and there was nothing she could do since the warranty was expired (again not knowing the difference between one month and one year). I don’t know where they’re getting their employees, but they might as well find a bunch of third graders instead, because I’m confident they have higher mathematical and grammar skills, and common sense, than these people.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

If your account has been hack on Amazon, Beware of the Fraud dept. They will blame you for the fraud on your account and will not let you log in to Amazon unless you pay for the fraudulent items, they have no regard to stellar accounts, business accounts at that so beware of fraud on your accounts. If I could give them a zero rating I would, I am very unhappy with how Amazon is treating a otherwise stellar account that has made them a lot of money over the years.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

There really is no guarantee on next day delivery. If the shipping company sends to wrong shipping hub that is your problem. I contacted Amazon and they said, "Well you will get it in 2-3 days." Really this was for a birthday gift. Explain that to a young child. I thought that is why I pay for the membership. If it's not there on time Amazon should give you compensation for the delay and work with their shipper about the mistake.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

We ordered on 11/23 a high top table and six bar stools for a Thanksgiving gathering. Order promised date was 11/26. (We are Amazon Prime Members and have been for years.) We ordered 4 barstools separate from the 6 since the table only came with two. The 4 extra stools delivered a day early on the 25th, the table now is late and wont be delivered until the 27th or the 28th. Two caveats, they Amazon facility it shipped from is an hour and 29 minutes from our home, it was shipped on Monday night the 25th at 9:00 pm. Today they don't know where it is or when it will arrive.

Second, they recanted to me on the phone today they don't deliver on Thanksgiving Day (Which is the 28th and one of the days they committed to). They have a serious problem with keeping their commitments and not sure being a Prime member carries any weight. The options they gave me was wait or get a refund (after I already have 4 bar stools assemble and wont have the table most likely for Thanksgiving). Thanks much Amazon....Happy Holiday.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Aaron has you fooled. The price is cheaper till you put it in your cart and then see the shipping. Yes they try and fool you too with this Amazon Prime which will get your first shipment there fast and then after that it whenever.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

SUPER SLOW delivery. Will NOT buy from again. They have divided people into the "haves" and "have nots." I guess the poor have to wait LONG LONG times to receive their items, SAD. Very SAD. I ordered the items on November 19, 2019, they shipped items on November 23rd, 2019. No wonder people are getting tired of Amazon's blatant blatant disrespect for people who cannot afford the "next day delivery" fees. This division of people on financial and social division is dangerous and will lead the majority of poor to distance themselves from this DANGEROUSLY super rich company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

It's great to be able to buy. Heap stuff and receive it quick but as a result you're getting subpar quality of service. I've received packages damaged multiple times, and their two day shipping policy is bs. Like wtf is the 7 days to get to me even though I requested 2 day shipping? Wtf.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

It's terrible experience. I wanted to buy a laptop and they blocked my account for security reasons and asked a proof of my ownership of my debit card. I send all necessary documents and got absolutely same massage again with request to send same documents. It's looks like they don't even checked my documents, they replied me 6 times already with absolutely same massage. I called to support 2 days in a row, - no chance to solve that problem. Amazingly terrible service.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I had an issue with an item that was not as described. The seller wants me to return it at my expense ($25) & Amazon is telling me that I have to do that before it will qualify for an A to Z guarantee claim. I'm already out almost $90 on this purchase and don't trust that Amazon will refund me. I've been getting the runaround for weeks. I read online that Jeff Bezos reads his emails. I contacted him asking for assistance at **. After sending it twice, I got right back into the customer service runaround - no assistance from an executive complaint department. Amazon is great unless you have a problem. Their customer service is very unhelpful.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I received an email stating that my package would be delivered the next day. I left specific instructions to not deliver my package to the leasing office and to deliver it to the front door of my apartment, which I have instructed before, and it has been executed. I made sure I was home for the delivery, and even sat outside when I got the notification that I would be the next delivery. I went inside momentarily, and then received the notification that the delivery was failed as the "business" was closed. The driver FAILED to read my very simple delivery instructions, and tried to deliver it to the leasing office, only to find that the delivery office was closed.

I IMMEDIATELY got in contact with customer service and was strung around for 2 hours, while being promised that they would reroute the driver and ensure my delivery today. At the end of it all, they would only offer me a $5 certificate and told me that my package would not be delivered today. I rearranged my whole day because I was told the package was being delivered and ensured I was available. I had a representative ENSURE me that it would be added BACK onto the route for tonight, as it was a mistake made by their driver. And now this isn't happening and all they can offer me is $5?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Easy to order and fast correct orders. The things that are not so good is the extreme waste of improperly boxing items. Second is the price I pay at the post office to send an item is paying for their free shipping. I do not believe a company should ride free on the backs of American workers. So pay for your own shipping I will go to the store myself. Thanks Working people of America. Keeping it Great with truth.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

We had Amazon Prime which we paid a yearly fee from Mar - Mar. A month ago we had our credit card compromised. There were charges from Amazon Books that were definitely not ours. Those and other charges were charge backed. Long story, there were a few items that were in fact ours and I called Amazon to rebill those to a new card number. In the meantime our Amazon account was placed ON HOLD. The charges were rebilled to our Credit Card on Nov 5th, 2019. On Nov. 15th Amazon cancelled our account even though the charges were paid for, and my husband asked for a partial refund of the yearly fee and they refused. We were told we have to create a new account and pay for it either monthly or yearly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have been a prime member for a number of years and receive frequent deliveries, one or more a week. I am finding in the last two plus months deliveries are more frequently becoming late. You cannot telephone them as they do not permit it with their technical sleight of hand. I have to cancel and RETURN an item I have not received. I think it’s time to try Walmart.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Since I have moved, my orders never make it in 2 days. I just cancelled my prime membership after multiple issues. The worst was a cancelled order possibly because of damage. No one reached out to me. I had to inquire after days of delay why my order was not delivered. That is horrible customer service. They continue to over promise and under deliver. I requested a refund of prime fee but keep prime. They denied it. I am not paying for no shipping benefits.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I've had half a dozen orders not show up by their "Guaranteed Delivery Date" (all confirmed to be shipped by Amazon Logistics, LLC). One was delivered by a woman at 9:15 pm who was out on the street yelling and pounding on my neighbor's door telling them to open the door because they had a package when my apartment building clearly marks that the front unit has one address and the back units have their own separate street addresses. Furthermore, the delivery instructions on my account say to go through the gate, provides the code to the gate, and instructs the delivery person to go up the stairs, etc. I could hear her from upstairs in the back of the building. When I told her it was too late to be yelling in a residential neighborhood and that she was at the wrong address, she didn't care at all, she just handed me my package and drove off.

More than once, I've used the Amazon chat feature to request help, and the people are poorly equipped to help. They will apologize for my frustration and have very little to offer as an actual solution. They are not empowered AT ALL to actually help customers. I have (politely) expressed my frustrations with the issues I've been having as well as their ability to fix any issues at all, and all they will do is say sorry and MAYBE offer a $10 Courtesy Credit.

But be careful, as you do not get to choose when to use this credit. It will be automatically applied to your next order from Amazon. I know this, because it was automatically credited to a "Subscribe & Save" order I have set up for a work purchase. This order is paid for on a company credit card, and it used my Courtesy Credit. When I reached out to ask for their help correcting this, they said there was absolutely nothing they could do to change it and redirect the credit. With Amazon Prime membership price increasing, it's absolutely infuriating to have so many issues AND a severe decrease in the quality of customer service. Buyer's beware.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Not sure why I pay for Prime??? The orders are either delayed by hours or simply delivered the next day. When you call customer service no one can tell you when your package will actually arrive. Better to order through another company directly.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Amazon Prime navy blue vans speed and park on 2 lane state highway at 7:00 PM on Sunday night in lane of traffic. It was a dangerous place to park because there is low visibility and a curve and little time for a car to switch lanes to avoid the truck. Drivers consistently speed and drive hazardously. I had a package delivered by an unkempt woman in an unmarked van whose elementary school child brought the package to my door during school hours.

Amazon.com Company Information