2. Shopping

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 4,947 ratings submitted in the last year

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I've been Amazon.com Prime members for many years now. Before, if the item was delayed than its guaranteed delivery date - customer service would extend your prime membership by a month. And very rarely this was an issue. But of late, the items are delayed 60% of times and when you call customer service to find out about it - you get response like if it has been delayed it will show up. What is the point of paying prime membership when your items are not being delivered on guaranteed time frame.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Customer service really doesn't care in the slightest and repeatedly push your questions to the side with "No, is there anything else I can help you with." I paid for 1-day delivery and got the item after 9 days and multiple calls to customer service that just wasted my time. If other online stores sell the product for the same price buy from them, try to avoid Amazon because they have really gone downhill in the past few years.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I ordered a keepsake box for a gift for Christmas, needing it by 12/19/19. Promised delivery by Amazon Prime was 12/18. I got a message at 6:00 tonight that it won't arrive today, but on 12/21/19. When I contacted customer service after 45 minutes, they kept saying sorry, but nothing they can do, it would arrive between 12/19 and 12/21. I explained that it would be 2 days too late. They said they can refund my money for the purchase since it won't arrive in time. Thinking this was their customer service offer, I accepted that resolution, thinking it was still going to be delivered at some point.

I went into my orders to check on another item, and I saw they cancelled that order!! When I went back to customer service to find out about it, they said I asked to cancel the order and there is nothing they can do. Now, it can't even be reversed and I would have to start all over. This company has gone way down hill and do not care anymore about keeping customers.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I recently purchased a KAPAK Electric Disinfection Dryer through KAPAK which seems to sell exclusively through Amazon. There is a 30 day warranty that comes with the product. Enclosed in my package was a card to register for my “1-Year Replacement Warranty.” Website to register was listed as: www.AuriClear.com. I tried numerous times to register, and checked and rechecked my entry. When I called Amazon they were not knowledgeable about the warranty and kept telling me they I had an automatic 30 day warranty. I emailed AuriClear but have not heard from them. I would like to register for the warranty as offered to me.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Ordered two bedside tables. Took them out of the boxes & started assembling them the next day. When I started to assemble the 2nd one, I noticed one of the drawers was broken. Spoke to customer service (horrible experience) & after an hour on the phone with them they agreed to replace it if I sent the other one back. Since we had already gotten rid of the packing materials, we had to wait for the replacement to come so we could use the that packing material to put the broken one in. When we took the replacement one out of the box, IT WAS BROKEN IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE AS THE OTHER BROKEN ONE!!! I didn’t even bother to call customer service because they can’t comprehend anything & I didn’t have another hour to spend on the phone with them. The return label requires me to drop it off at a UPS drop off location. I can’t even pick the thing up - it’s a huge awkward box that weighs about 66 pounds.

The entire thing is a huge cluster and the worst of it is that customer service is now a foreign call center & the people manning the phones don’t understand English very well. So frustrating! I’m not sure what has happened- their customer service used to be fantastic! So basically, I’m screwed by having to accept a broken bedside table & also having to figure out how to get this 2nd broken one to a UPS drop off location. What has happened to your customer service, Amazon? Extremely disappointed in this transaction & the quality of the product. I would advise anyone considering this product against buying it. And AMAZON, please go back to the great customer service you had up until recently! I spend a lot of money at Amazon and when I need customer service, I don't want to have to deal with someone who cannot understand me & spend hours on the phone with them. Really BAD!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I purchased an item on Amazon for $79.00. Less than 48 hours later the item dropped $20 to $59.00. I googled about purchase refunds, and found that Amazon would "price match" their own products (though it wasn't called price match). Come to find out, they only do that for televisions. Prior to Bezos getting greedy, Amazon would give customers a purchase refund if the item dropped in price within 30 days. Then it moved to 7 days. Now, they don't do it at all, unless it's a TV. I don't understand that customer service model. Their associate told me "Yes, you can return the item for a full refund, and then re-purchase the item for the new, lower price." How does that make sense? Are they trying to stimulate the economy by having the UPS run back and forth with our items? I'm afraid that is poor customer service. Once I return this item and get it $20 cheaper, I'll be going elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I had been Amazon's customer for many years. Unfortunately, I have to give them a bad review today. Their customer support is getting worse and worse. Not only they don't accommodate anymore, but in addition drop out of chat, ignore your concern and don't care about losing a customer/business. It is very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Beware of Amazon's billing. They sent through 2 authorizations for the 2 tablets I bought and then sent through the actual charge when one was shipped, so $106 is being held out of my acct and the second won't ship for another four days at which time another charge will be sent through. They don't stop the "pre-authorization" when the actual charge gets sent through and if you are on a budget then it can overdraw your account. I talked to several people and they all said it was the bank. They send the charges through not the bank. The bank has no way of telling it was just an inquiry to see if the funds are there so the item is held until shipping or it is the actual charge, until the hard copy is sent or not sent, which can take days and meanwhile double the money is taken out of your account!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Amazon is going downhill and I hope that CEO goes broke! He is charging more and more for Amazon Prime and yet my things rarely get to me in 2 days! I have problems with 1 out of 5 items I order: Missing parts and broken parts. He totally destroyed Whole Foods and when I tried to sign up for delivery, they said to wait for an invitation and that was 3 months ago! I live in a major metropolitan area, but you would think I lived in the middle of nowhere with this poor service! I now try to pick up my groceries at competitor organic food stores and there are several near here. I decided to try to order things online from the competition, rather than always look at Amazon first.

I thought that when he would not offer benefits to part-time workers, when we have record low unemployment and it is hard to find good help, demonstrated what a slimy the CEO of Amazon is! It obviously is effecting the quality of his workers and therefore the myriad of problems they are having. I hate it when a CEO is so hell bent on making money that he takes advantage of his workers!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

WHY am I seeing '**' word when searching for a personalized gift? REALLY???? Do you not think KIDS would be searching for stuff???? How about us over 60? PLEASE have some respect... Have a section for the immoral and a WARNING saying we're being exposed to those ignorant words!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I purchased a product on Amazon that was guaranteed for delivery on a certain day. I track my package and it said it Was sent to the wrong facility. I called Amazon to see where it was and she couldn't find The location of the product I ordered. So I wanted to cancel it, the lady said she could issue a Amazon credit for the price of item, or for the return amount to go back to my debit card, I would have to wait until the package was found. This is the most ** I've ever dealt with. So I'm really contemplating on canceling my prime and my 3 kids memberships as well and go back to Walmart.. Amazon has 11 billion in taxes they didn't pay last year but I have to wait for my 15$? Hell no.. a bunch of ** crooks.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

There are reasons Amazon is so dominant. Their staff always are in favor of the customer... They have largest selection online! This is my go-to website for online shopping. Well done Amazon! Long may it continue.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I ordered a package to be delivered next day Prime. The items never showed up when contacting Amazon customer service. They claim me as the customer gave instructions and the driver canceled the order. I never gave instructions for anything. I was just waiting on my package all day. When asked what the instructions said they could not tell me and just said the package will be delivered in the next day or two. I understand they are overwhelmed with Holiday packages but for them to lie on the customers is not acceptable!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I buy things from Amazon out of convenience but I don’t think I will continue to do so. It really upsets me that you order something from Amazon that is shipped by Amazon and if you don’t have prime they will literally just let your order sit for a week or more before thinking about putting it together and shipping. I ordered quite a few things on the 8th and it is now the 14th: not a single word from Amazon about shipping. What other company does that? NONE!!! They want your business so they ship as soon as possible. This is not the first time this has happened to me. Basically, you have to pay for them to treat you decently. Not worth it in my opinion.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I buy music CDs and occasionally movie DVDs from Amazon vendors. Amazon is not the problem, as they cannot police all their vendors. This is about three bad ones: DeCluttr Store of Georgia, Mighty Mount of Michigan, and Zoverstocks of Germany. DeClutter will sell you the wrong CD, or a bootlegged one, as they don't seem to be competent at what they're doing and don't know the difference. Though they are often cheapest, best not to buy from them and pay a little more from a better vendor.

Mighty Mount will also sell you a bootleg CD, that is defective as well, and it seems they do it knowingly. Stay away. Zoverstocks will sell you, a North American, a movie DVD that they know will not function on the North American continent. They will also pull the wrong CD out and send you that one without checking the order. Amazon generally fixes matters with a credit card refund, but when Zoverstocks demanded the DVD back, I absorbed the loss rather than the additional cost to mail it to Germany so they could re-sell it to another sucker. I also don't return bootlegged CDs; I destroy them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We have ordered many products this holiday season from Amazon. This is the first year that we have received packages at our door that are for neighbors and they have received our packages. We also had a delivery of boxes that were not placed by our front door but left out in front of our garage. Amazon needs to make sure their drivers and any third party companies and individuals delivering for them are more careful to verify the address when dropping off packages. We are fortunate that neighbors take their time to come to our door with our packages and we have done the same. However I am sure many neighborhoods are not that considerate.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

We enjoy the benefits of being a Prime Member but lately we're HIGHLY disappointed in the ability of Amazon to ship in a timely manner. Not ONE item out of the 6-8 that we've recently purchased made it within the estimated time frame. Even worse is two of the items were lost and had to be refunded because they were no longer available. What happened to Amazon??

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Amazon isn't the same company. Customer service is non-existent, shipping is 4-5 days versus 2 days since they're doing their own deliveries now. They don't deliver accurately either. My recent order haven't arrived, been mis-delivered or delivered in 4-5 days. Reaching out to customer service took hours with little to no results!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I have purchased so many products from online. I love to buy products online because they are on deal but Amazon is only vendor they don't deliver the products. It's not once but it has been happening repeatedly. Amazon website says it has been delivered but it does not actually gets delivered as they play with the customer technically. If you call the amazon customer service they will give you the refund of the product. I feel it could be multiple reason as they can't fulfill the product at the amount it was in the deal originally. Eventually you get tired and you will ask for the refund.

This is their trick that why they never deliver the products. If they give the replacement of the product they still does not deliver it. Losing package from Amazon is not actual lost of the product but actually the trick from the amazon itself. They can change the status online through their technical abilities they have. I am so much frustrated that I will never gonna buy anything from amazon and also gonna cancel my Prime membership. What is the point of paying such membership if they can't provide the better service to their customers.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I have been a Prime member over 10 years. Ever since they started using Lazership, I have yet to receive a same day or next day order on time. I get a text saying it's delivered, but it's not. I have 3 video cameras that prove this. I can never reach Amazon to lodge a complaint. Instead, I get trapped in a loop of go here, do that. They do have a note saying that sometimes packages will be marked as delivered, but it could take 48 hours before they are actually delivered?? This is not acceptable. My Prime membership fee cost real money, I expect real service.

I have also tried contacting Lazership. I can never get through by phone, and their chat bot is not helpful at all. I have learned to lower my expectations when it comes to Amazon shipping, and I haven't been disappointed since. We used to be able to leave a review about shipping on the Amazon site but I cannot find where. I keep getting routed back to seller or product reviews, and I don't want to give them a bad review for something that isn't in their control.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Hello, I had ordered Samsung note 10 and true buds from Amazon and returned on 2nd of December and I don't have the status updated on the app and when I tried contacting the customer care regarding the same, they were clueless after putting me on hold for like 45 minutes. I am worried whom to contact now regarding this issue. ORDER # **. ORDER # **.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I just love using Amazon and not a week goes by that I don't order something. Tonight I used the search line on Amazon for "Gifts for Women" to get some ideas. I was so disappointed with all the items immediately suggested with the crude language and predominately used the "F" word. I cannot believe that that is what most women want and I think that is not an accurate example of Amazon business ideals! I wish you would find more lady friendly suggestions to replace the vulgar things. Thanks for listening, Tony **

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I have been an Amazon Prime member for years. That changed today. Their delivery reliability is awful. I don’t see any reason to pay a fee to get what really amounts to guesstimates about delivery. If you ever want to talk to a live person... good luck. You might get to a person eventually but it’s not likely you will be able to understand them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Beware of Amazon Subscription's fraudulent practices. They signed me up and charged my credit card to Amazon music by picking up the word "yes" on Alexa when looking for music on YouTube. I asked customer service why it was so easy to accidentally sign me up and not so easily cancel in the same manner. The Agent said that's the way it was built and hung up.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I ordered some muscle roll on and some batteries from Amazon, and requested Prime 2-day delivery. The muscle roll on stated it would be arriving about 5 days past the day I ordered, and the batteries were to arrive in 2 days. I received a message from Amazon that something happened with the muscle roll on and that it wouldn't be delivered until 4 days past the date of original delivery, and when I looked at the tracking information, the item went from Virginia to Maryland to Colorado and was there for more than 5 days.

The item was supposed to be delivered to Arizona. I also ordered some batteries, and was sent an update that now they are not available and will ship on December 21st, after the original delivery date was December 8th. I tried to find the information to email Amazon because in the past, they have assisted me with these types of things by giving me a month added to my prime membership. I had to chat with someone on the internet, and was offered a $5.00 certificate for the muscle roll on, and told that I needed to wait until the 12th because the item was listed as lost. Nothing about the batteries. This is the worst customer service I have received in a long time. I don't enjoy chatting on the internet, and the last time I tried to call, Amazon blamed a delivery delay on UPS. I will consider whether I really need or want Prime next year when my renewal date comes up.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

On September I purchased a $500 mattress for my aunt in Florida. A month later the credit card company freaked out and accidentally flagged the payment. Amazon froze my account, I called the credit card, had them place the money back into Amazon and solve the issue. Amazon unblocked my account and all was good from Nov 5th, until Nov 24. When Amazon blocked my account again and began sending me harassing emails trying to get me to pay for the mattress again. I sent proof of payment, many, many times. The reps in the phone were beyond useless and rude, I was treated like a common criminal. I had to file a complaint with the BBB, only then, did they actually look things up and understood that my account was unjustly frozen, that I had paid and that they needed to fix it.

Well guess what happened two weeks later? They blocked my account again! Started sending me those automated harassing emails 5-6 times in one day! Every time I reply with screen shots of the bank statement and the letter of resolution from Amazon through the BBB! No one ever responded! The reps were even more useless and actually blames me and told me to just pay up! Why would I pay for something twice?! I had to file a second complaint through the BBB, I have been promised this won’t happen again, but I highly doubt it. My account is paid yearly, sadly that means that until April I am stuck having to deal with this! One rep told me to just make a new account?! But wouldn’t reimburse me for the three months of unused money I’d be losing by forfeiting the doomed account! They’ve offered no reassurance! No compensation, no actual solution! They’ve give nothing but grief and anger!!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Purchased a product from Amazon while they had a deal going for a free gift card. When added to my cart the item defaulted back to the non-gift card item. Amazon refused to adjust the order price or send the gift card separately. They berated me on the phone and basically called me stupid for “you selected the wrong item” and the only option is to ship back the other item and then to recharge me for the same item and free gift card. Honestly a waste of my time and the time at the distribution center for returns when they could have simply made the adjustment and mailed the gift card.

In all my years of customer service you always made the best effort to make the situation right and Amazon customer service did the exact opposite. It was a simple error and even if it was the customer’s error you never blatantly tell them it was their fault and refuse service then put me on hold pretending to find a manager so I couldn’t complain about their terrible service. Overall completely frustrating and bad business practices. Definitely will think twice before my next purchase when dealing with such indecent people on the other end of the phone at customer service.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I have been an Amazon Prime customer for several years and never had any problems until Amazon decided to deliver the orders themselves. Customer service has been unhelpful in the constant delays and I am tired of the lame reasons they give for not meeting their delivery obligations. When you order something that says it will be there in 2 days that’s what you expect. There is no communication except for an email to your message center later in the evening.

I was promised a phone call from the driver today and the logistics representative I spoke with yesterday said she would call to follow up. But no one from Amazon called today as promised. Amazon needs to leave logistics to the professionals, like UPS and USPS. I hope this complaint will be taken seriously by the Amazon team that reviews them because this is not the type of customer service I have received from them in years past. Amazon has always been reliable and I would like to continue doing business with them, but if this type of negligence continues I will have to take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Amazon's customer service process is very, very broken. The customer service reps I communicated with were friendly and helpful and the problem almost certainly rests with Amazon's management. The following description is not really adequate describe how bad the system really is. I have been a happy Amazon customer for a very, very long time. Three weeks ago, I ordered an expensive camera lens. It did not arrive. When I tried to track the package, I found an incomprehensible note saying the was maybe delayed. I communicate with customer service and was told the order was now cancelled. It wasn't. I tried again - same result. I asked for a refund and was told a gift card equal to the amount of the order would be posted to my account within one hour. It wasn't. Now I'm told that a refund was posted to my credit card. But I will have to wait for 3-5 business days to see if Amazon actually issued the refund.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I ordered a $319 item in November of 2019. Amazon charged me $250 for the postage ("remote location) but the actual postage charge for a box that size and weight was less than $100 (I checked with our post office). A weeks ago I ordered a book through Amazon. British supplier - today I received an EMPTY envelope. Twenty dollars down the drain. No more! There are other, more reputable businesses out there.

Amazon.com Company Information