Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.85/5
Based on 5,097 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I am purchased (ORDER # **) 2 items on Thursday, January 31, and it was guaranteed next day delivery. Amazon updated on Friday that 1 item was delivered at 4 pm in my apartment complex office, I went to the office 4:30 to get my package, however there was nothing there. Late at night Amazon updated again the delivered information and show that was delivered at 8:20 pm with a message. (Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a receptionist or someone at front desk.) This is a totally lie, because the office close at 5:30 pm. And when I went there today (02/04/19) was signed in the book that was delivered on 02/02/19. So my package was not delivered on Friday and worse than that Amazon update fake information about the deliveries to avoid complaints.

The second Item Amazon updated on Friday 02/01/19 9:03 pm delivery attempted. “Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a secure location to leave your package unattended. We will try again. Please tell us where to leave your package if you have a preferred location.” This is another lie, because nobody tried delivery anything and there is no note at my door apartment, anything that can prove it. Until Saturday nobody delivered anything, so on Sunday I found the box in front of my apartment’s door. It is really fun because their excuse for not having delivered on Friday was because “unfortunately, we couldn’t find a secure location to leave your package unattended.” And on Sunday, was it not a problem?!

I am really tired about this fake promise about guaranteed delivered in 1 or 2 days, this already happened several times with me and what annoys me the most, it is the fact of Amazon updated fake information about the delivery status just to avoid complaints. This is an unacceptable behavior, trying to fool customers.

I will no longer renew my Prime member and also will sue the Amazon for purposely posting fake delivered updates to fool customers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was on Amazon to check my options for viewing a TV show and within three clicks of updating my password they yanked $64 from my account, without letting me know I was signing up for an account I CLEARLY do not want. After they tricked me into signing up for something I don't want they're telling me it will be 7-10 business days before they return the money they had no right to take in the first place. I feel tricked and I recommend removing any payment information you have stored on their website because they will use it in any instance they can. SCAM!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Today a delivery driver for Amazon drove into our complex behind the car of one of our residents without entering a code or ringing the unit at the front of our complex. He parked in an assigned parking spot leaving his truck running as he delivered packages. When I asked him to move his truck because our resident needed to park, he finished delivering packages and told me we are not his customers and he will basically do whatever he wants! He was not the least bit cooperative or professional, and appeared to be very pleased that he didn't have to consider our convenience or safety. I don't even know who he works for! This is not acceptable.

If the truck stated the name of the company you might be able to fix this, but a blank truck with who knows who inside our complex is not alright. There are parking spaces in front for vendors, and everyone except this guy goes by the rules. We are Amazon's customers even if this driver feels no responsibility toward us. They are responsible for hiring contractors that are professional and respectful.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Amazon used to be really good at backing their products & offering refunds. I am not sure if people started taking advantage of this but lately they have been much more strict with their returns on items that are poor quality & defective. Be careful ordering something. Make sure the quality is excellent before you order. The Amazon product reviews are not always accurate.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Hi, I am Anitha. My order number is **. I had booked a product and cancelled on the same day in December, and I had done the online payment for it. But even after 2 months and after contacting them several times still I haven't received the refund. And when I contact them regarding this they are very rude. Don't ever do the payment first on Amazon because they will refund your money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I am extremely upset and insulted with the misleading and fraudulent experience I have had with a recent order. After placing my order, it was on “pending shipping” then the picture of the product changed. I contacted someone for help and this is what I’m told. “We didn’t change JUST the price but complete items name, description, and images.” How is this not fraud?!? Then I am offered an insulting $5 compensation! I expected Amazon to honor the price they offered the product at. I have screenshots of my order confirmation, email confirmation, and the comment from their customer service representative.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

In the past year, Amazon has started delivering their own packages from a depot in San Francisco and in the past 4 months I’ve experienced 5 delivery failures. From delivering to the wrong address to saying my address is undeliverable when they delivered another package the same day, to no one home to accept the delivery, we have a service called package concierge which is open 24/7. The standard response is given it a few days and if the package does not turn up let them know.

I get a lot of packages delivered to my address and in the past year, I’ve had no problems with USPS, FedEx, except UPS being a couple of days late. However, Amazon can get it right. Complaining to customer service is also a frustrating experience as they refuse to refund the order until it is physically at their return center. When I’ve requested a replacement and they have agreed to provide one day service, the package took 3 days to arrive. The main reason I pay over a $100.00 a year for Prime Service is to get 2-day delivery, and if they are unable to provide a consistently reliable service I have to question why I’d continue to a Prime Member.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I made 4 orders with Amazon.com and they were all cancelled without my consent or knowledge. I received an email of confirmation on my orders and then never heard back, so I called Amazon myself and learned Amazon had 'assumed my orders were unauthorized movements and were under investigation'. I was never contacted by Amazon by any means. Since I had called them I asked for this to be reverted, the orders were legitimate and still wanted them. I received an email from the agent informing me that this was going to be resolved. Again, never heard back from Amazon. I called a second time to learn that all my orders had been cancelled no matter what. I am not buying with Amazon again, they will just keep cancelling my orders and not informing me or helping me fix whatever is causing this. I am done with Amazon, worst service ever.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have made around 10 orders and I received all of them except one which is costly. Rs. 11000 water purifier. Tracking shows delivered but I have been following up for more than 30 days now and finally today they are saying after all the investigations that they cannot refund. Amazon delivery team somehow messed up and finally now my Rs. 11000 is gone. This is my ORDER # **. I also have the chat history discussion with customer service representatives that I have been following up for months. Guys, please suggest what should I next ? where should I make a complaint? I cannot leave this because this is not small money. Please suggest...

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Bought a jacket from 3rd party BINGXUTC through Amazon. The jacket was delivered but was 5 times too small for the description. I have returned the jacket to the seller but they will not refund me and Amazon refuses to help get my money back. I will never buy anything from Amazon again. Crooks and thieves both companies.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Hi, I purchased 2 American Tourister luggage suitcases on Amazon. But both the suitcases are not very good quality material. So I've requested send back both the suitcases and Amazon service centre also accepted to take send back and requested me to keep ready with the return label which they send. Both the bags are ready for the last one month. In the first week someone came to collect but refused to take saying that this bags are too big and will occupy more space in his car. 2nd week again I contacted Amazon. Again a label was send so I printed this label on both the bags but no one came to collect. Again I contacted Amazon. Again another label was send. The same person came to collect and again he refused to take with the same excuse.

Again I contacted Amazon. This time they requested me to drop the bags to the closest Hermes collection point. So I took the bags, went to the nearest point In Southall (Batra's Newsbox, 35A South Road, Southall) but they informed me that the person in charge is not available and requested me to give a try in the afternoon or evening or next morning so I had to pay taxi driver unnecessary, I called Amazon call centre and requested the operator to speak with that Hermes shop owner (it's a general store with the Hermes board) but the Amazon operator didn't agree because the Punjabi shop owner spoke Hindi. So he offered me another label saying that he will call back next day to confirm if the bags are collected. On 30 no one came and no one called. (Another lady offered me the same deal. Even she called to check saying that she will call back after checking with Hermes but she didn't call).

This morning again I call Amazon. A lady picked up the call, said that she will arrange a special collection and will call back at 7.30 because the content collect department is closed, but she never called. Between this I wasted 3 days without going to work. Lost daily income. I lost money on the phone calls. Hours on the phone calls with Amazon service centre... Time got wasted. Please note the person who comes to collect bags falsely updated Amazon saying that my phone not answered or door close. I've put a paper outside my door with two phone numbers. I've also send pictures to Amazon email. Please look into this matter and help me. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered 3 sofas from a private seller. 2 were missing. The other wrong item. Came I parts. Like slats of wood and very difficult to assemble. Horrified. Nightmare. Amazon did not help or get my money back even though I made a claim to Amazon. I lost £ 70. The private seller is called Beshomesomething. Beware. Amazon allows them to continue ripping folk off!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have been waiting for the item to be delivered for more than a month and half. It's shipped with IMEX Global and now they are telling "Your package will be delivered as standard mail through your local post office. Please contact your local post office and inquire about the arrival of Amazon packages." I contacted my local post office and they Said, "NO... It's NOT." Even after more than a month... I sent IMEX global many emails but I didn't get a reply.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

In short, I ordered numerous items to arrive in two days. Driver called from my driveway and said due to dogs could not deliver packages. Told him dogs are friendly (Yellow Labs). He would not get out of car. I told him to drop packages out window in driveway and he agreed. Keep in mind I am watching him on my surveillance. Drives up to front steps, plays on his phone for 15 minutes, then drives back up to my gate, which he had to enter code to get in. He then drives off without dropping packages. Just then I get alert from Amazon states, could not be delivered due to no secure location. I call Amazon and speak to rep less than minute after he departed, rep tells me he can alter his route by turning around.

Next Amazon logistics tell me a second driver will get them as soon as 1st driver returns and will deliver that night. Next day at 4 pm I call again and ask where packages are. I am told they have no idea and nothing can be done as they show no tracking info. This is the 4 time packages failed to be delivered as promised. I am going to discontinue using Amazon as they provided no solution or compensation of any kind for actions or inconvenience. I know it will have no effect on Amazon, but society has lost accountability as a whole and I will not be a sheep.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Two-day shipping at Amazon is well worth the initial fee. Other companies charge much more. They make shipping a part of their profits. They also have enough products with various options and pricing to satisfy a large group of people.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

On January 19, 2019 I ordered an accessory for my smartphone on the Amazon website. It later turned out that this item was sold on the Amazon Marketplace by a Chinese vendor who shipped it by China Post. Since January 23 the shipment has been sitting at a postal sorting facility in Shenzhen City without moving anywhere. In response to my complaint Shana W. of Amazon’s Executive Customer Relations wrote me that there was nothing they could do and that they would not answer any further message on this matter. Her message was full of gibberish like “You won’t [sic] be able to submit a claim.” It is now January 30 and there is no sign of the order anywhere. Amazon’s CEO Jeff Bezos has ignored my personal message.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Bought a mobile phone case. Was sent the wrong one. Followed Amazon procedure, for returns have not been reimbursed. They are very good at taking your money, not so good at returning it. Since it was a very small amount of money I expected the return would Short. I have gotten the runaround from Amazon for over 3 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Trying to pull up a vendor that sells on Amazon - a friend of mine has a website selling spices. Have tried repeatedly to search by the name of the store. Called Amazon - said they would turn it over to their Resolution Department. Waited a month - still couldn't find it. Sent them an e-mail 2 weeks later - no reply. Chatted with a rep today - sent me a link that was supposed to work but didn't. So his last statement to me was "he hoped I had a pleasant experience. Sorry for the trouble that you had faced due to this circumstance and I look forward on having a warm and fruitful association with you." Whole chat was a waste of time, he obviously had a scripted sign off - no help whatsoever! Told him customer service sucked and ended the chat. Called my friend, told him to stop paying Amazon because no one will ever find his website and truthfully, they don't care.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have been working for 17 days to get a $1300 refund from Amazon on a camera that was purchased through my account that was not authorized by me. All the documentation that shows this was fraud is in my account through Amazon including it being shipped and then someone authorizing a change of address through FedEx and being delivered to another town. I also have documentation that they then called Amazon and reported they never received the camera and Amazon immediately sends out ANOTHER camera to the same name but this time it is an address in another state. I caught this 2 days before it was to be delivered to the second address and contacted Amazon for the second time that day explaining exactly what was happening. They could have literally had the item intercepted or police investigate at that time. Instead, I get the same spill that there will be an investigation and I would hear from someone in 1-2 business days.

In 2 days, I received an email that said they needed more info and gave me a link. I clicked on the link and called Amazon and again got a representative who told me the same thing and we stated the process once again. Now, 17 days later I am still trying to get someone to call me who will listen to my story. In a matter of 3 days, Amazon had absolutely no problem sending out over $2600 with of stuff to criminals on my behalf, but in 17 days, I can’t get anyone with any authority to actually acknowledge me and call me! How can it take Amazon over 17 days to figure something out that took me, a school teacher, 3 hours to figure out. I am fed up and I will NEVER order another thing through them! I never expected this from them and I am terribly disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have just been hung up on by Amazon. I ordered through Amazon Jan 8th of this year, an order from China. I have been ordering things from Amazon right along with my current card. The company in China contacted me and said they needed more banking information. That scared me, I thought maybe the company was a scam, so I cancelled my order. I read my order and found that Amazon had charged it to a card That I did not have. I called Amazon and Tony ** said it was charged to a card from 2007 that was cancelled years ago and Amazon should not even still have. Tony ** said he fixed it. Then I received a letter from a collection agency that said I owed Amazon Marketplace the 36.49 they charged to a dead card of over ten years plus a $25 fee.

I called Amazon again. I have been hung on four times after explaining my problem and have not received any help what-so-ever. I do not owe this bill. The company in China is not at fault. Amazon is at fault. They keep hanging up on me because no one knows what happened or how to fix it. I am furious and I want to make other Amazon customers aware. I have just been hung up on again. That is 5 times. The company in China did nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong. Amazon is at fault and they just hung up on me for the 6th time. Now I am being told that I have to go to TRS Recovery services and prove to them that I don't owe this bill. I do not have a bank account or card of any kind that ends with **. I have ordered at least 20 orders from Amazon in the last three month and I only have my credit card attached to Amazon. NO bank accounts.

I do not believe that I should be the one doing the proving here and I do not believe that Amazon should damage my credit for their mistake. I am so disgusted. They are telling me that my bank account was charged. Funny. I do not have a bank account attached to Amazon. I have had the same bank account since 2005 and the last two numbers are not **. Where did Amazon did this number and why is my credit being attacked for their mistake. I just received the first call from Amazon today. They called to tell me not to post to Facebook anymore. Six hang-ups and a charge to a non-existent bank account and I am not to post to Facebook anymore. Okay, no more today, I'll wait until tomorrow.

I just received my a call back from Amazon. They told me not to post to Facebook anymore. I do not have a checking account attached to Amazon but they charged someone's checking account for my order which did not have money in it. I am now being told that this is my fault and that customer service lied to me yesterday when Tony ** told me it was a card from 2007. It is now a non existent bank account and that I have to prove to TRS Recovery Services that I do not owe this. If Amazon does not make this right, I will never quit hollering. Also, I went to TRS like they told me to dispute my claim and they want my bank account number. Are they crazy??? I do not and have not had a bank account attached to my Amazon account. Whose account did you try to tap??? Your first helper, Tony **, told me it was a credit card from 2007.

But the situation was now taken care of. Then, I received a letter from TRS recovery saying I owed $61.49. The original 36.49 and a 25.00 fee. I called Amazon and I was hung on 6 times. I was then told contract TRS. I did and TRS told me I had to go to their online site and prove I did not owe the debt. I went to their online site and I was told I had to enter my banking information. Is everyone nuts? I do not have the banking information for the ** account that was charged cause it isn't mine and never has been.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered a signed Patriots jersey from Rhode Island delivered to Texas. I paid $40 for two-day shipping. Five days later I still haven’t received the jersey. Amazon is working with the shipper FedEx to get me my item. This is not my first bad experience with Amazon shipping. Last fall I ordered brake fluid from California and that was briefly lost and arrived late. In June 2018 I ordered a ball cap which was stolen less than 2 minutes after delivery. I doubt I will continue to purchase items from Amazon.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Ordered Organic Chemistry Solutions/Guide and instead, received incorrect textbook. Partial refund was issued despite the issue with the book vendor. Vendor seem to present itself under different names and a subsequent order from a seemingly different vendor, ended up with the same vendor as before shipping the wrong book, wasting both precious time and resources. Amazon's automated help is not much of help and it seems to lack screening of many other customers posting the issue as above. Links to the vendor product - both - rental and used as offered by: Vendor: apex_media. Please check many other reviews of customers that faced the issue and see if this vendor can be de-listed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I recently ordered a bundle of 100 DVD-Rs and bundle of 100 data CDs from Amazon.com. When the package arrived it was clear the seller had not bothered to protect their product from the rigors of shipping via USPS. Both of the spindles which the DVDs and CDs were mounted on were broken off from the base and the protective shell was also broken. I have tried to write three different reviews of this issue at Amazon.com and all three have been rejected for not complying with some lengthy (and useless) policy. Apparently Amazon is not interested in an honest review if it is bad.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I don't know what has happened to Amazon over the past couple of years. They can't seem to ship an item without it getting lost in transit, delivered to the wrong location, or showing up later than promised. In the past 3 months alone I have had 5 orders out of about 15 that have either gotten lost or delivered to the wrong address. This is completely unacceptable. When I contact customer service it is hit or miss if I get a qualified representative. I am having to wait too long for refunds and/or replacements. I have PRIME and at this point I am seriously considering canceling my prime account. This is UNACCEPTABLE AMAZON, get your act together!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Too much SPAM from AMAZON and their 'unknown' THIRD-PARTY vendors! As a senior; Deep down, I knew there was a reason why I shouldn't have dealt with this company! EVERYONE PLEASE DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE WHEN ON THEIR SITE! Make an extra effort to go to the THIRD-PARTY vendor's websites! To be an absolute informed consumer. BTW, the 2 stars, for the 2 items rec'd.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I joined Amazon Prime some time ago for the obvious benefit of free-shipping and commercial-free movies. It was a good deal. But then, they began charging for certain movies. I didn't like it but went along with it for the other benefits. Then a couple days ago I was watching a movie and they inserted commercials for Amazon and Schick Razors, the same ones again and again, about every 6 or 7 minutes. This is worse than network TV. It was so hard to watch. When I called to inquire, they told me unapologetically that this was their new policy and that there was no way around the commercials. So, Amazon Prime is no longer worth it to me. Done!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have received 2 packages now for my neighbor next door. It's a good thing I'm not a thief and actually give them their packages. My package arrived yesterday in an OPEN mailing envelope with a book SQUISHED into my mailbox. I wish I could upload the picture. Have been looking on Amazon's website to leave a review for their new shipping procedures. Their new hired delivery drivers don't care about the mail. Go back to USPS and UPS delivery! I have minimized buying from Amazon altogether with how ridiculous their customer service is and now the shipping problems.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I have been trying to find a topper for my too firm new mattress. The last one I tried did not fit the bed properly and was far too soft. As usual Prime offers free shipping and returns. BUT, I could not get this thing back in the box. Not knowing what to do, I called Amazon Customer service. They arranged for another company to come and pick it up and to repackage it for me for the return. I call that AMAZING customer service. I know they took quite a loss on my search for the perfect topper. In the long run everybody won as I regularly purchase many categories of items on Amazon. Thank You Amazon!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

This fragile electronic device that cost over $100.00 was sent in a plastic bag. The bag was roughly handle and the part were loose in the bag. It appears that once this seller gets their money, they then have no interest in the care of my shipment! In the delivered condition this electronic product cannot be guaranteed to work or last! This has wasted my labor and caused my project to be delayed! Shame on you! You owe me $200.00 for my losses!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

My order was estimated by the vendor (Dealberry) to arrive by December 28th. Product actually arrived on January 23rd. I was purchasing this product as a gift and had to purchase another item since it was month late. When I tried to return the item, Amazon says it is ineligible for return. I would not recommend any purchase from Dealberry through Amazon unless you can wait many weeks for the arrival.

Amazon.com Company Information