Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.96/5
Based on 4,786 ratings submitted in the last year

5587 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

When I started with Amazon things seemed to be normal, other than some late deliveries. But more and more items that I bought never was delivered on time. Just today I found out that my 1 year was up, I found this out when I looked at one of my bank accounts. I keep a little bit of money for buying items off the Internet so if I do get hacked it will only be a small amount. My membership for another year is $127.33 and in my account is $122. So needless to say I did not have time to transfer more money, I called and was told that it will be 3 to 5 days before I see my money back, Keep in mind no E-mail, no call, no nothing did I get to warn. I'm done with Amazon!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

After my Prime delivery was labeled as “Delivery Attempt Unsuccessful” I decided to use the chat feature within my app to see what went wrong. It’s getting close to Christmas and I wanted to be sure the next delivery attempt would be a successful one. I tried chatting with a representative and endured through 10-minutes of wasted time, while asking for help from a horribly incompetent representative who was not capable of answering my questions. After receiving no help, I called the customer support line. I asked when my next delivery attempt would be. I was told the next day at the same time as the first attempt. I figure if the first carrier couldn’t figure out how to drop a package off in an unlocked package room once, it’s likely I would have the same issue twice. I was coldly told that the time cannot be changed without any other option presented.

Totally fine, but much like the chat agent, the phone representative kept asking for my access code so that they could change it. Yeah, not a likely solution as the access code was correct the first time and the package room does not require an access code as it is currently unlocked and very easy to access. I kept asking if I was doing something wrong, and that I was concerned it would happen again. I received no empathy, no care, no solution. Nothing but a crummy 5-minute phone call that left me disappointed and less likely to trust Amazon with future orders such as the precious ones for my family and friends at Christmas. I’ve worked in customer service all of my life and usually I am very easy going, but this experience would be upsetting to anyone. Super displeased!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Purchased a 65 inch TV from Amazon and purchased installation. When guy comes out to install the TV the screws for the base are not there. Called Amazon and they connected us to Samsung who gave us a reference number for screws and told us they were sending them and it would take a week to get them. Two weeks later no screws so I call Amazon and they tell me they are not responsible for the TV. Called Vans who Amazon bought it from and they said, "We will send the screws today. We will also send a email to you confirming this," which I never got or the screws.

Called Samsung and they said they can not send the screws because they do not have a bill of sale. Called Vans back and they said, "We don't have screws but will send email to you tracking the screws which we were suppose to send to you two days ago." So far I do not have any screws or any emails. I have a 65 inch TV that can not be assembled and is sitting in the box. The TV was delivered Dec.3 and it is Dec. 17 without any screws.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I have had 2 orders. Now that say they are to arrive on a set day (prime delivery). Both of these orders have a “tracking” number starting with TBA. Neither of these came on the date said. I even got a cute notification that 1 package was only 8 stops away with a map... Then 2 hours later, "Sorry your package won’t be delivered on time." These tracking numbers don’t let you track anything and they are working for Amazon not UPS or FedEx. They need to go back to regular shipping methods not these contractors.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Amazon customer service is not what it used to be. I've had multiple issues with late deliveries with Prime (Prime 2-day shipping does not mean it will be delivered in two days anymore - sometimes 5 or more). It took multiple times contacting them to resolve these issues but they never address the root cause. Recently now I've found that prices they show on their page increase when you get to the cart. You think you're getting a good deal but then they try to get a little more out of unsuspecting customers. I'm only talking about a $1.50 difference but the point is that they falsely show the price on their website. I've tried to get customer service to at least acknowledge the issue but not only did they not acknowledge the issue, they didn't even offer the $1.50 difference (which would have probably satisfied me if they had credited me $1.50 during my first contact with them).

Now I've contacted them more than 5 times to try to give them a chance to resolve the issue and they have only pointed fingers at their vendor. Not being happy with this, I tried to post a critical review in hopes that they would see that and know that I was serious about being disappointed but they blocked my review even though it was within review policy guidelines. It seems to me that they are really trying to hide something here. I guess the point is that I could always trust Amazon Customer Service to make something right so I would always trust Amazon first when ordering something online. Now they've lost my trust and I'm going to search for alternatives to buying items on Amazon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered Mi A2 handset on 16th of Nov and received correctly on 19th November but with complaint regarding battery backup. So I ordered for replacement after 1 week on Dec 1st. It was shown the package will be taken from me within 48 hours but it took long 10 days and 7 calls from my part to customer care for the pick up to take place. Afterwards, for the new piece to be delivered, I again waited for days and called several times and was fed up with the same by-heart dialogues from customer executives. Thus finally I canceled my order and now waiting for my cash return. Overall I lost 1 whole month going behind this and 16000rs is not that small for we common people. Darshita Electronics was the bloody seller and now I lost trust in Amazon. I really need a compensation for them holding my money for past one month.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Today had message saying delivery was 2 stops away. I never left the apartment. Soon after I received an email saying they were unable to deliver package. I was right here! They never rang the bell!!! In the past few weeks I've had them leave pkg at the door twice sending me a picture of it when, again, I was right here!!! Waiting for the delivery. They never rang the bell. They aren't even consistent in their ineptness. When I finally called today to complain the woman starts to read me the message that the delivery person wrote which I had just told to her as the reason for my complaint. Then she said that sometimes they don't want to bother us by interrupting us and ringing our bell. What?!! That's their job! Delivering packages. For that you need to ring a bell. What's so hard about that? Don't know where the problem lies here but something needs to be done. This is absurd. Whoever is running this delivery service needs to fix this or be fired.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I came home to my packages lying in the middle of my muddy driveway. 20 feet from my steps to house. Luckily no one ran them over. I even took pictures, because it was ridiculous. Our driveway is a high traffic area and luckily it didn't get run over and pop a tire.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have ordered for a Bluetooth headset which looks like a branded one. But the product I received is a local make with lights on it, which will be used by kids and they never showed it. When I called and spoke to customer care they told, "We will provide you a replacement," and till date I have purchased so many items online & Amazon. But I think they are not ready to provide a good customer service and the people who are working in Amazon are robots. Whatever they see on the screen they will read that I have sent couple of emails also but I get calls every day asking me to remove the feedback from their website. Is this the way Amazon customer service works? Don’t look for money and lose your customer.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I recently purchased an item from Amazon 3 weeks ago with my Amazon Prime account. They have since lost it and won't replace my item. They have only offered a lower end product as a replacement. Where is the accountability for delivering what they contractually owe me? Is this what I pay for Prime for?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I am very frustrated with Amazon Prime that says 2 day delivery which is not true these days. I have had Amazon Prime for many years and the delivery was great because they used FedEx and UPS for their deliveries. But now they only want to use the Postal Service and the Postal Service will pick and choose what packages they want to deliver and mark the rest undeliverable! I have never had a problem with anyone delivering to my address before and I have lived here since 2003, now I can't get the orders from amazon because they refuse to use anyone else for delivery here, only the Postal Service which sucks. So if you are depending on something don't use Amazon Prime there is no guarantee you will get it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Of my last 3 orders, only 1 was delivered on the promised date. Ordered gift cards with a 2-day date took 5. Next Ordered for same day delivery promised on order form - confirmation email changed it to 2 days. Canceled order!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Normally Amazon has always delivered when promised. Since November, 2018, EVERY order comes days or a week later than stated, even though I have Prime. I also returned an item, which was easy to do, but they gave me an Amazon gift card instead of crediting my credit card. This is something to beware of.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I ordered a $200 curved monitor for my son as a Christmas gift from Santa and selected the service to have the gift wrapped in Amazon packaging. They failed to do this and my son saw his present, spoiling the surprise. They were apologetic, but ultimately did do anything about it. I asked the service person what Amazon would do to make it right and they offered a tone-deaf response of providing me a $10 certificate that I could use on their site. To be fair, I don't know what they could have done to earn back my business, but I feel good local retailers would be better at coming up with a resolution. Amazon is huge, and it's in these situations where I feel that being a giant retailer is not a great thing for the consumer. Some things are more important than having the lowest price and being the fastest shipper. Very disappointed in the response.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Was supposedly delivered a package on Thursday December 13th. Amazon is going to send a replacement, however if I do not return the package that we were told was delivered, then I will be paying double for the one product received. The package was sent via the USPS. TRACKING # **. Since we both have an Amazon Prime account, we will be dropping one acct for sure and possibly both. Since several retailers are now shipping for free and we have Roku we will no longer need their services.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I am a Prime member. Always have nothing but good thing to say about Amazon but my latest experience in very sub-standard and they do not seem to care. I bought a Christmas tree from Amazon (the seller being Amazon). I chose a tree that was 450 more (1250 vs 800) because of the quicker delivery - it was Prime and was to take 5+ days to deliver - so be it - the tree never came and they loved deliver out 3 more days - I could have purchased the cheaper treat which would arrive in approximately the same time. I was on hold for more than 1 hour - a call dropped and no one phoned me back I had to call again and go through all steps - very disappointing experience and one in which I paid 450 extra for - makes it even poorer on Amazon’s part.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Their customer service used to be SO good. It has changed in the past few months. I have had it with them. They gave me an incorrect refund on a return for a defective item. They gave me 300 dollars in a GIFT card - not my original payment method. They messed this up on their own and customer service told me there is "nothing that can be done". As if it was my fault? They refused to fix it so I disputed with THEIR store card company. I still haven't seen the refund and I contacted Amazon. They said they couldn't help me and neither could their bank. I went back and forth between the two and both tried to pass off responsibility. The lady on the phone was extremely unhelpful and kept repeating the same thing over and over. Then she connected me to the bank without asking me, to pass me off. There I was hung up on.

Amazon messed up my refund and I am having to spend hours trying to fix it. And even then, this is still not resolved TWO MONTHS later just because they messed up how they refunded me on a defective item. This is ridiculous. I have spent thousands of dollars on Amazon and have been a Prime member since 2005. The way they are treating their customers/consumers who can't do anything is ridiculous. I will be withdrawing everything from them and take my money elsewhere even if it costs more. They have become too powerful and have moved away from good customer service. I am now owing 300 hundred dollars on an item I don't have that was defective. Lovely. To make matters worse, any attempt to contact customer service over email (after talking on the phone) gets me a copy-pasted response from each new person even when I keep asking for help. One of them said "I can't help you."

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Ordered 3 Terry Bath Robes online. Shipping was $18.00 for all three. I paid by Visa. When I went to Post Office to pick items up I was charged $30.97. I asked the Post Office what this charge was for. They had no idea. I sent a message to Amazon and I have yet to hear from them. My complaint seems minuscule when I read all the others. At least I received my goods. I certainly will not shop Amazon again and I caution other people as well. READ THE REVIEWS FIRST.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been an Amazon Prime member since 2012. I have lived in the same place for 18 years. I have always had problems with inadequate Amazon drivers. I always request for them to place packages on my back porch. Once in a while they do leave them, but apparently can't tell the difference between the front and back of a house. I have been told they couldn't get in my gate - to which I do not have. Last night it said 3 of my items I ordered were hand delivered to a resident. They were not! The Amazon driver left cardboard packages on the ground, in the rain, next to my mailbox... They were basically in the street for anyone to take. The only reason I did get them is my second call to Amazon telling me to look in my mailbox. These 3 items had a value of over $150 and the driver threw it by mailbox like trash!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Today I phoned for assistance locating an item I purchased perhaps 18 months ago, a wheelchair. I did not expect this to be difficult until I get this lady who technically speaks English however has a extremely heavy accent and I do not believe understand what she hears back in English. I asked to be transferred and for her (Angel is the name she used) to pass on I had already been identified. I was transferred and then the whole verification process started again. I hung up. Anyone else having trouble understanding people with heavy foreign accents and don't truly understand English?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I have been an Amazon Prime member since the creation of Prime. I have always been pleased with products, services and customer service. In the last month and a half, packages have been stolen from Amazon employees (2), placed at neighbors' houses- despite the 1' numbers on each building and on every parking space, don't deliver because my location is further from their warehouse and they don't want to go that far for that day and customer service- 3 levels up, giving me the same script that there's nothing we can do except replace or refund.

Doesn't Amazon care about loss prevention, customer satisfaction from loyal patrons who do 80% of their bulk shopping from, employees who do their job, reputation? What happened??? I have officially closed my account and will no longer do business with them any longer. Future customers beware, it is happening more and more frequently. Something has significantly happened at Amazon to go from a 10 to a zero accountability company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I ordered 3 sets of Genie Bra's for my daughter and wife. When I went to check the status of my order, I was told there was no order under my account. I contacted their customer service 3 times. I got the same response. "There's no order connected to your account." Yet, they had no problem taking the money out of my account. And each time I replied to their responses, I got ignored. I work for one of the marketplaces that sell on Amazon.com. They kicked us off of Amazon Prime because the company we use to ship our product didn't ship the orders out on time. We lost business and money because Amazon didn't believe that the shipping company was at fault. Just like a child everything has to be their way.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Amazon removed my reviews from their site and stopped any more with: “Sorry, we are unable to accept your review. You are no longer permitted to review products on Amazon because you have violated our Community Guidelines.” I contacted them to find what, why, or how. They reiterated the same message, referred me to their policy statements, told me that I was basically a criminal and that there was no appeal or way to be reinstated. They continue to accept my orders. I’d be upset, but I save a lot of time and trouble by not providing reviews of my purchases.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

The Canada post tracking hasn't moved in 3 weeks. Some foreign worker messaged me back and said, "Your order is lost or stolen so you need to provide a police report." I'm calling my bank tonight, providing the tracking number and getting my money back that way. You can do that too people. Dispute this POS company.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Here comes the same answer from so-called review moderator: "Hello, We determined that you have violated the Amazon Community Guidelines. As a result, we have suppressed all of your reviews, and you will no longer be able to post reviews on Amazon.com. Why is this happening? Customer reviews are meant to provide unbiased product feedback to help customers make informed purchase decisions. Our goal is to provide Customer Reviews to help customers make informed purchase decisions. Any reviews that could be viewed as advertising, promotional, or biased will not be posted.

Your community privileges may have been revoked for one or more of the following reasons: Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review. Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products. You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews."

When a customer asks you why the system stop him or her from posting reviews, please do not copy and paste the same general answer repeatedly. I do have name to be addressed and reasons need to be explained. Or you simply have to say "Sorry, please do not accept too much positive reviews cause most of four-star-and-above products are not they supposed to be."

A lot of people do BSs stuff for their advantages on Amazon, such as getting discount or free products on return by giving biased or promotional reviews or just to complain on a good product , but I don't do that. You can check my account to see if I did ever return any product (even it was defective) or receive any kinds on discounts on my purchases. NO, I never did have the time to do that. More importantly, if you think I am being a visitor who can only stay temporarily can benefit a lot from doing those things, you are wrong again.

Therefore, please answer my inquiry appropriately when I ask you and stop being as an automatic answering machine cause the sale department is very quick to take my money every time I order. Amazon, please provide your review moderators a proper training before allowing them to sit in front of the computer screen. PS: Too bad that I have to put one star in order to post this review.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been a Prime member for several years and I order a lot from Amazon. It is my number one "go to" when I need anything. Over the years a total of 3 packages have been lost or delayed. This is not a problem as life happens. However, in the last 2 months, 5 packages have gone missing. I am spending more time dealing with getting refunds or replacements than I am in actual ordering. I have not moved. I have lived in the same place for 12 years, so they cannot tell me that they cannot find me. All I can assume is that they have begun using some unreliable shipping methods. What good does Prime do me if 1/3 of the things I order get to me late or never arrive?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered a Stethoscope and a Blood Pressure cuff. The 8th of December it said delivered however, I did not get anything. I messaged them and they said it was mistagged and should be delivered by Monday. Monday the 10th of December, no package. I messaged them. They said they need to do an investigation that would take 72 hours so I should contact them today (Friday the 14th.) Well... I contacted them and all they could tell me was the following:

"Amazon.com is not able to resolve shipping problems after delivery, as outlined online in our Conditions of Use, noted under 'Risk of Loss' which states: "All items purchased from Amazon.com are made pursuant to a shipment contract". This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. We advise you to contact USPS as well as your local authorities if necessary in order to pursue this matter further. We also recommend that you consider selecting a more secure shipping address, such as your workplace, in the future to avoid further problems.

"If the issue isn't resolved after contacting local law enforcement and the carrier, please contact us with the URL to the online police report regarding this incident or a police report number regarding this incident and the name of the related police department. Without the police report, we're unable to take further action." So they had me from Saturday to now Friday just so they can cut and paste some regurgitated BS. Throughout the week I've gone through Snarky comments from members of the Chat Team, Miscommunication and broken promises. Amazon used to have such great customer service and they actually used to solve your issues. I don't what has become of them now.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I recently received a damaged product which I'd ordered from Amazon Prime. The product - a club chair - arrived in a woefully inadequate box, and there was damage to the chair. I received a replacement chair no problem and was given instructions for returning the damaged chair. I took the 40 lb chair in the replacement original packaging to my local UPS shipping agent. I was told they couldn't process the QR code I was given by Amazon and had to haul the chair to the nearest corporate UPS store. That store is 20 miles from my home - in rural communities, there aren't UPS corporate stores on every block. My question for Amazon is why they've instigated this process for returns? Why can't customers print the return shipping labels and take the returns to the nearest UPS shipping agent? I asked my local shipping agent that question and was told this was being forced by Amazon… Doesn't seem particularly customer-friendly to me.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Created an account on Seller Central. They denied my application, yet still charged me. Then my account got blocked/couldn't log in anymore and even though they said they would refund me after I called the first time, they never did. They charged the $39.99 and I had to spend another hour with an idiot oversees to try to get my refund. AMAZON has the worst customer service, they're thieves. And JEFF BEZOS, SHAME ON YOU for how you treat your employee. Why do people still purchase things from Amazon is beyond me. All of you buyers from Amazon have no moral values. Don't support bad companies to save a few cents. You're not even saving anything on Amazon Prime, have some brain.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Ordered item with Black Friday deal (Christmas present), long delivery time which I accepted as it was due to arrive before Christmas. Card valid on date of order. Expired at the end of that month. Card details updated on Amazon account with other orders but these details were not updated on that order automatically. Therefore when item was in stock and due to be dispatched card declined due to now out of date card. Price now doubled and item out of stock until end of January. Amazon won't honour previous order. Personally I feel this is bad form. I have spoken to customer services but they won't offer any concession. Very disappointed.

Amazon.com Company Information