2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

4.2/5 (5299 ratings)

About Amazon.com

Amazon.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Amazon has turned into some real hustlers contracting with these Chinese and other foreign third-party sellers etc. They used to be famous for speedy free deliveries but now that is not the case and they blame your false delivery dates on the sellers or special delivery co's (e.g.- FED EX, etc.) There is no final follow-up or assistance w/ your merchandise when you don't get what's promised. Then when they ask you for a review and don't like it they actually edited & altered my review of the experience by drawing a line through it to make it unreadable. When I complained about that they removed it completely!! It doesn't get more shady and crooked than that for me. I will absolutely be taking my money & business somewhere else where my dollars are respected.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Amazon USED to be a good company with good Customer Service but it is absolutely AWFUL now. Four days ago I got an email from Amazon notifying me that an item I ordered had been delivered though in actuality it WASN'T. Consequently, I called Amazon to let them know and get my payment refunded. I asked for an email documenting the phone conversation I had with them in this regard and was led to believe that the situation would be resolved the next day. That was not the case and I went on to call Amazon REPEATEDLY FOR DAYS and every Customer Service Representative I spoke to gave me a different story but all promised that the problem would be quickly resolved and my refund issued in very short order.

I got numerous emails from Customer Service Reps who all said they'd not only resolve my situation but would call me to make sure it of this but NONE OF THEM EVER CALLED ME! Today when I called the Amazon Customer Service Rep told me there was nothing she could do because the situation was now in the hands of their "Special Investigations Unit" and that she could do nothing to help me, despite all the promises that had been made in the multiple emails they had sent me. To make things even worse, this Rep told me that I could not speak to anyone on the "Special Investigations Team" because they don't accept phone calls from Customers and might not accept emails from them either.

I then insisted on speaking to a Supervisor and when I was connected to one I immediately asked why I was sent so many Customer Service emails saying the situation would be quickly resolved rather than telling me I'd have to wait for some "Special Investigations Team" to finish looking into the matter. The Supervisor refused to answer this and said that there was nothing she could say and that I'd just have to wait for their "Special Investigations Team" to finish investigating! And how would I know when that would be I asked, and she responded: 'They'll email you. You can't contact or talk to them on the phone". What if I don't get their email, I inquired, the way I never received any calls back from the Customer Service Reps who promised to phone me? And how did the Customer Service Team SUPERVISOR respond to this question? SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE ON ME!

This UNPROFESSIONAL and DISRESPECTFUL behavior - particularly coming from a Customer Service SUPERVISOR - is INEXCUSABLE but it's thoroughly consistent with what Amazon as a company has become: a bloated, DISHONEST and DISREPUTABLE behemoth that has no integrity and absolutely no regard for its customers. Amazon's "Customer Service" (which should be called "Customer DISSERVICE") is as despicable as the company itself now is and no one with intelligence and self-respect should continue to do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I have used Amazon for many years and for many different things. I always get what I expect and in a timely manner. These are left on my porch and a picture sent to confirm delivery. If I've ever had an issue, customer service was friendly and professional.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

Although I have paid shipment, handling and custom deposit fee to Amazon, my order stuck in customs. I contacted with them but they did not care with that and suggested me to refund. So, I requested refund, but they pretend not understand my refund request. They were like kidding me! As I was contacted them and explained the situation thousand times, they kept saying me to wait and the the product will come. Over 2 months, the product did not come and now, they say me to contact with shipment services. They have not any intention to pay my money back! They keep string along and give irrelevant answers to my emails. They are like mocking me! Terrible, horrible experience. Definitely, don't recommend.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I live in West Fargo, ND. They opened a warehouse at 700 Main Ave E, West Fargo, ND 58078. It is a 2 minute drive to my house (1.1 miles). Over the last 4-6 orders that went thru Amazon delivery they have missed every promise date by 1-3 days. The order status can show as out for delivery, but it does not arrive on that day and then the promise date is pushed out. "Shipped with Amazon" means it will be late. That has very rarely happened with UPS, USPS, FEDEX....Amazon is using an outside delivery service that is clearly not staffed. I talked to one of their drivers (because my son was looking for a job). The driver said they were overwhelmed and having trouble hiring enough drivers. If the order includes multiple items with the same promise those shipped by carriers other than amazon get here on time,.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I used to pretty much exclusively shop on Amazon.com for anything from household goods to small appliances. Lately I’m finding better prices, sometimes by 70%, on other sites, usually for household goods like cleaning supplies, and the dog treats I buy are more than 50% cheaper elsewhere. Good reminder that it pays to shop around.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

A Comixology subscription somehow was activated on my Amazon Prime account since 2018... I didn't know anything about this subscription or that I was being charge. We buy so much from Amazon I never noticed $6 coming out of my account monthly. I called to question some other subscriptions (that I am aware of) and I was told about this subscription. The person on the phone told me that I would get a full refund since 2018 and also noted that because I never had any activity on the subscription since the start of it that there would be no issue and said paperwork has been sent in and a refund has been submitted. I have not received a full refund. I called to get an update and not I am told that they can not give a full refund and only gave 2 months, around 12$... I have been scammed.

People be careful for subscriptions on your account. Amazon does not care and will not refund. It's not about the money, it's the principle, bad business and I do not trust Amazon to protect my money. We spend so much through Amazon and to Amazon, personal and business. Now I can't stand do business with Amazon and will be looking into other companies.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Similar to a story I just read about an account being LOCKED, my acct was closed because I was initially told that I received credit for items that I did not return. I questioned them as to what specific item did I not return and was given credit...because there was none. Then the story changed to..."Well we were just making sure that you are getting the service you expect." A few months went by and I purchased and return an item because it was poor quality. Well that's when the fun began. I received the same email that originally said that I received credit for items that I did not return. Again, I questioned it and asked them to tell me ONE item that I did not return. Then came the email that apparently I did too many returns. As a result of that, my acct was closed.

Since when is there a limit on the number of returns a customer can do? I again questioned the logic of this. Amazon, like many other online businesses do not have store locations where customers can go in and try merchandise for size, quality or comfort. So is a customer supposed to keep an item whether they want it or not? I never asked for anything out of compliance with Amazon's return policy. I tried to appeal the decision and was told that my account will stay closed. It seemed that the specific individual was personally watching my account.

I called customer service and was told that there is nothing they can do. I spoke to a manager who apologized and understood my concerns but could do nothing. She suggested that I can open another account. I did that and lo and behold, the Amazon police shut that one down too. It is unfortunate that honest paying customers have to be treated this way. Like the previous account holder who was LOCKED out, I have had my acct for over 20 years and have faithfully paid for every single item or service I have had with Amazon. To be treated this way is shameful. Amazon should not have dishonest people working there. I will be reporting this matter to the Better Business Bureau and other consumer protection agencies as well as all social media.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

On 9/10 I received groceries and had ordered several items at 50$ about. They delivered three items out of about ten and refused me a refund. Said they would have to investigate the driver's incompetence and make sure I was correct with what I was telling them. Not happy at pretty much being called a liar. I had the same thing happen with another order earlier in the week. I threatened legal, BBB complaint, local media, and Texas AG. The supervisor who had the chat by then told me to go right ahead and speak to their legal and do what I felt I must. So sent a complaint to the Texas AG and the BBB and filing this here for all the world to see. Shame on Amazon not holding their drivers accountable and making the consumer pay for the mistakes and stealing their money.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Very prompt and customer friendly approach by Amazon’s service team. Even in case of non refundable items, they resolve the issue well balancing the interest of their clients as well as vendors. Amazing experience always.

Amazon.com Company Information