Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.85/5
Based on 5,088 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Amazon.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I used to be an Amazon Prime member, but I quit last month because there were too many problems with my orders, and no real effort on Amazon's part to make things right. The first problem occurred when I ordered 3 bottles of carrot juice after my local grocery store stopped carrying it. The box arrived literally in a HazMat container. The bottles had all broken and there was juice all over everything. Carrot juice is expensive. I contacted Amazon and they referred me to the original seller, a sketchy company in New Jersey. Of course I never got my $50 back.

There were other problems but that one was memorable. The last straw was when I ordered a replacement battery for my Arlo Go security camera. The battery was $60 and was advertised as a next-day delivery. I needed it fast because I was going to visit the remote cabin where I have my camera set up. The battery arrived late and I had already left. So I had a friend mail it to a PO box at additional expense. I installed the battery and within 6 weeks it was dead. The camera is hooked up to a solar panel and should be able to last the year with the constant charge. Clearly the battery they sold me was old or defective.

Finally, I live near a Whole Foods Market and thought it would be worth the cost of membership for the discount. But most of the stuff I buy there isn't discounted and their discounts tend to be measly. They don't add up to the monthly fee for Prime. So, all told, my experience with Amazon was ultimately more trouble than it's worth, I lost money and was extremely frustrated. I will do all I can to buy direct from sellers and avoid the Amazon middle-man taking their cut and providing lousy customer service. Bye-bye, Amazon.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Amazon customer privacy and security is almost nonexistent; their practice of storing payment card infomration for customers and their refusal to allow the use of 3rd party payment services like PayPal make them a very dangerous company. Anyone who steals your Amazon log in can order whatever they want, ship it to wherever they want and charge it to your card on file and Amazon takes no steps to prevent that.

I recently had my Amazon account hacked and the hackers placed multiple orders using the card Amazon had stored in my profile and despite multiple emails to Amazon to cancel the fraudulent orders they still sent me numerous emails trying to get me to submit new payment card information to complete the orders. Amazon's refusal to use third party payment services that protect your payment card information from merchants proves they have zero concern for the safety and security of their customers.

I recently reluctantly placed my first Amazon order in a long time after my account was hacked and 7 days after the order was placed it still hasn't shipped. They're trying to force you to pay their Amazon Prime extorsion fee to get reasonable shipping turn around times. It will be a very long time again before I order anything from Amazon.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I used to love Amazon but they are slowly becoming very incompetent and annoying. I tried to order items yet they didn't charge my card for send it. Called customer service and I may as well have been talking to a robot. Actually a robot probably would have been more helpful. Cancelled my order. Love how now, when you don't pay for Prime, that they think you can wait forever for the payment to be taken and item sent. I'll order from China next time, it'll be faster and cheaper.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I purchased a float valve and seal for my pressure cooker. I received notice of delivery, but when I opened the package I received a package of 5-minute epoxy sealer. I wrote a polite review, but when I submitted the review it was rejected because it did not meet their standards. I have tried to get help, I contacted chat and they told me they could do nothing and I should at my expense send their mistake back. Totally uncaring customer service.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Amazon promises one and two day deliveries however 50% of the time they don't get to you on time. Waste of membership fees. Their customer service is also deteriorating. I have had agents not apologize for the delays they have caused.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Horrible.. I have to verify my card every time I use it. I get blocked. When you call Amazon they say we can't do anything. It's up to the specialist and I have to wait 24 hours. That's bull crap.. Pisses me off. I can't stand Amazon anymore. I will start going to a different place to shop for now on instead of Amazon. It's so wrong.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

For some reason that they will not answer, they shut down my Amazon account saying I cannot prove that my credit card I used actually belongs to me. Not sure why they questioned it as I have used it on previous amazon purchases that I made months before and they shipped against it without any issues. They were not suppose to retain my credit card info from previous purchases but they apparently did without my permission. They won't even allow me account access to see what items were shipped from this recent order where I used the credit card they are questioning, however I already have received some of the items so it shows the credit card allowed payment processing.

Numerous emails and even phone calls have provided no help to resolve their issue. All they want is for me to provided a copy of an credit card statement that I do not have that shows the info they want as it is between statement periods. Not sure why they cannot verify all of the info I provide w/ the card company. I can't even gain access to use a diff credit card. So now I have missed any Black Friday sales or even Cyber Monday sales. Amazon is just too large to provide customer service and they just do not care.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I have been a customer of Amazon for the past few months. Signed up for music services and Prime. My first experience was with their music streaming service. I was extremely pleased with it. It was what prompted me to subscribe for the Amazon Prime. I thought this was perfect. I needed to purchase a bunch things. I placed my first order and was impressed. The first item shipped out fast and it came in no time. Item was great. Everyone was happy. I even took the time to review the product and so forth.

Next day, I ordered about 11 items. Items got shipped into three different shipments. Which I get. It makes sense. The following day when items were to arrive, I got a message. "Your product has arrived but got damaged on site. We have issued you a refund. I then contacted them to ask if I could just have the item shipped out again. They said they had already issued the refund. But, if I would like, I could reorder by paying for it. I said "No thanks, But I appreciate it. I will re-order when I get the money back on my card. Next day, one of the other boxes come. As is described and on time still. Great! I am a happy person.

I check status of parcel three. It states arriving the same day. Wait around until end of day. Nothing. Not the end of the world. I check Amazon's website help. It states, Sometimes a parcels status will read arriving today when it is still being processed. And, sometimes it will read, delivered when on delivery. I shook my head and thought, oK, I don't get that but whatever. It also said give it another 36 hours and then contact them. My first thought was why not just have the status reflect the actually location of item. Makes sense to me. I then shook my head puzzled, but moved on with my day. Next day item arrived.

A week passes and I wanted to re-order the item that did not make it to me. No refund. I contacted Amazon and they said They verified my information and came back and asked what the problem. I said. " I was told I would get a refund and I did not receive anything". They said, "Let me check". She then said. "I am so sorry". "So what is the problem? Did you not like the item? Is that why you asked for a refund?" I said "Pardon?" They continued, "Why did you send the item back?" I said. "I didn't, You guys notified me saying my item was damaged." She said "Oh" I then asked her if she had the info? She said "yes."

I said Just wondering. She then went on to say "would you like a gift card or back on your credit card?" I stopped and paused for a few seconds. I then said in a calm voice. "Wait a minute. Are you saying the money was not even attempted to be reimbursed? She said. "no, I am afraid not not. I stayed very polite with the young lady. But the more she spoke, the more I was beginning to really think about things. I thought I would try another time. I get it, things happen.

Ordered my products, came in two different deliveries. First packed said was shipped, ready to be delivered that day. Next day I get a message. Your package was unable to be delivered because of weather. Cool. No big deal. I called them, because they said call. They said My parcel would be in tomorrow instead. I said "OK". Got into the shower. Get out. Phone rings. We have your parcel. I live in a building. Go downstairs. Driver says, "What the hell man. I called you three times." I said "oh, did you?" I said fair enough. I then turned and said, "Yeah, But if we are being fair. If you didn't tell me 30 minutes ago you were not going to be until tomorrow, I would of waited. So own your own mistakes." He, turned and mumbled, "What ever".

I won't make a big deal. However, I get it, Amazon has a lot going on. Until the product is in a customer's hand, Amazon is 100% liable. I don't buy my items from the logistics companies. I buy them from Amazon. Amazon, and Amazon alone is responsible for its employees. These courier companies are hired to do a job. Their employer is Amazon. If Amazon cannot control its employees. Then that is a problem. However, they need to take ownership. Your job is not to have to call three different companies to find out why your product is not there.

I won't say they are a horrible company. But, I would strongly advise that if you are going to be ordering or a product, Don't put your faith into their shipping. Ask yourself. Is it really worth losing three hours of your life. And run the risk of potentially, and more than likely at one point in time not getting your product on time. I would suggest you pay for the shipping and go elsewhere. Perhaps somewhere closer or something. If your prime objective is for reliable delivery. Because while I like the sellers. I have no faith in the delivery. Sorry for the rant. Just wanted to give an unbiased opinion. And now, Jumping overboard.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

This is at least the 4th time we have not received an order from Amazon Delivery. The pictures they send just show the package sitting at a door, no apt #, with a doormat that they show delivered that we did not get.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Amazon delivery is terrible. They will give delivery windows as late as 10:00pm. The drivers are rude and don't follow instructions. I had a driver throw my boxes down a concrete flight of stairs next door to my address. They will just throw the boxes from the sidewalk at my door. I'm constantly getting damaged items because their drivers mishandling packages.

Trying to contact customer service is even worse. It takes up to an hour to get someone who can even understand what's happening so you end up explaining your issue over and over again. And then they can barely do anything remotely helpful so you just end up frustrated with no resolution. And the app has gotten really bad. I'll try and have my packages delivered on my prime day, which is an offered service, but it almost always tells me it's unavailable even though it's days away. Contacting customer service through the app is a terrible experience and they took away the email options, which is unacceptable in this day and age.

Amazon.com Company Information