Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.96/5
Based on 4,787 ratings submitted in the last year

5595 Amazon.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

After a decade of being a loyal Amazon customer and still continuing to shop on Amazon frequently... But I just realize that I get so aggravated each time I need to place an order online. There's no 'go back to cart' button/option. Hahahaha! It is insane! I literally have to close my browser and open Amazon site again. For years! I've been doing that because I need to double check or make some changes to my shopping cart. Really?! I mean, really?! It is almost 2020 outside. I feel like I'm back in 90s. It's Amazon, how could this happen and last for so long???!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Do not use Amazon. They do not care about their customers, their employees are horribly trained, and they make no attempt to resolve issues. Their security is outdated and beyond ridiculous. I'm going to make every attempt to cost them as many customers I can. I am going to post to every social media possible and if they only lose 1 customer, I'll still be happy. I am asking for the most basic fix and they can not provide it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Always fresh food, packaged and delivered without any issues. I love this service! There are so many items to choose from and I order things that I can't find locally in my grocery stores too. I order at night, wake up and my delivery is on my front porch.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Actually speaking to a person at Amazon proves impossible. It required multiple links and entries to be able to speak to someone. My questions was rather simple. I have a manufacturer coupon for $7 off a product I want to order and have ordered previously. I can use this coupon at a local retailer or through a mail order retailer but wanted to know if it could be used at Amazon. After going through the numerous hurdles Amazon requires before being able to speak to a person, the person with whom I spoke, gave such an incomprehensible answer, that I still don't know the answer. So, while using Amazon often proves a better cost saving, it appears using a local retailer is more cost-effective when having manufacturer coupons.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was on the phone for over THREE hours today with several different customer service reps and several different departments. No one seemed to be able to stay on track or help me with my issue. I just kept getting the run around and being told the wrong things and tossed around. The reps kept getting my information highly incorrect or asking me for information that they had right in front of them pulled up on my account! How do I know because 1.) any other time I’ve called in they had that info and 2.) some of the reps today told me that’s what they were looking at. So why exactly, why does it take over 7 agents for three hours to simply pay my bill for them to explain that they cannot help me? All of this took place mind you while I’ve been dealing with pre term contractions as I was discharged from hospital last night.

There was absolutely no focus, empathy or resolution to my issue. They were asking me the same questions over and over when it was simple. I just needed to pay a bill and be connected to someone who could actually help with that. Some reps asked if I wanted to cancel prime. Uh where did that come from?? No, I said I just need to pay my bill. Other reps tried telling me they didn’t know what credit card I was referring to or one rep told me I had two Amazon credit cards. Again uh no I don't. And I’m confused as to why the Amazon rep I’m talking to that can see my account just as I can is so highly incompetent with my information? So after the first two hours I finally just told them to cancel my card. I never activated it nor purchased anything and this was too much of a hassle.

But somehow when I applied for it the card replaced my regular card on file to pay for my monthly prime membership and that’s all I needed to pay to come to a zero balance and avoid a late fee as I’m going to be busy with my newborn soon. Then I was told the company the card was through could help me and take payment over the phone. So transferred yet again, somehow got disconnected after the lady asked me for my social security number which was concerning. So I had to call back and yet go through the ringer again. Finally after explaining for the thousandth time and getting told all kinds of ridiculous things that has nothing to do with my reason for calling (payment) I was transferred again and told to have my credit card handy to make payment and that my card was cancelled finally but not my prime. (Wanted to keep prime just not the Amazon credit card.)

Well once transferred the lady told me my prime was cancelled but not my card. I told her I just spent half hour with the last rep being very clear only the card was to be cancelled and he assured me that was the case. Then she said, "Oh he just deleted it not cancel and yes prime is active." Seriously? Why did you just tell me the complete opposite. So I tell her, "Okay I’d like to cancel" and she assisted me with that. I told her I needed to pay off my balance that was somehow added to my card that I never activated. She then tells me she can’t help me over the phone with a credit card after I was just told more than once that yes they can do that!!!! Why do Amazon reps have misinformation for the company that they choose their very own credit card to be handled through???? So after spending hours on the phone I told her that was my only payment source and got off the phone.

I then had to call back once finding a check (that I never use as all bills are on auto pay through my card) in order to make this payment that took over THREE hours. How just how is there so much confusion? And why does it take Amazon hours to simply tell me they can’t help me and just be able to get me to someone who can? I also chatted with a rep after this horrendous experience to request an email for corporate and after getting the run around for 20 minutes (what is my complaint and how can they handle it and tell them more) I was finally able to get an email. That is for customer service, the very reps I dealt with, not corporate. He assured me they can escalate. But during one of my lovely rep conversations I asked for a manager and he told me they have none of those. Then minutes later told me they only have supervisors. I told him, "Okay well that’s what I’m looking for, same thing just a higher up."

I’ve seriously lost hope in Amazon as of this experience. I don't understand why making a payment and getting to the correct department took three hours and why no one seemed to understand anything about anything on my account. This is highly concerning and highly unprofessional. Worst customer service experience of my life. I will be calling corporate tomorrow because no way in heck am I going to put faith in one more representative to escalate my issue for the poor service. As not one representative knew what they were talking about or were able to assist me.

UPDATE ** Went to add pictures of my chat with several of the representatives and only the last one is there where I asked for email for corporate. Very fishy considering all my other inquires for the past few months are there. Seems like they trying to cover tracks with the serious incompetence and lack of support today. This is completely unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon.com?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Amazon re-packing has deteriorated over the past couple of years. Very recently, I ordered a a pair of glasses; the small box (2"x 6"x 2") the product was package was very secure, and a simple envelope would have sufficed. Instead, I got a huge cardboard box (18"x 12"x 6") filled with those inflated plastic fillers. Amazon talks about about one of their corporate values being sustainability; seems to be a conflict here. Furthermore, I commented on the packaging as part of the product review; pointing out the irresponsibility of Amazon. Amazon refused to publish the comment. We are moving to using Amazon as a search engine for products, then buying directly from a online retailer. Very happy to pay a little extra for responsible packaging.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I have been cancelling an order for two weeks. It has not been shipped but the seller can ship it after I have messaged them several times to cancel. I can not get any help from Amazon. I can even type my situation they only have you push quotes that don't retain to my situation...Amazon has became a eBay. Well actually worse than eBay!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Never buy mobile phones on Amazon. Defective OnePlus mobile product will not be refunded to you by Amazon. Be aware before buying. They will not refund the product, though it's a faulty product, and moreover will try to not do the replacement of the product. Never buy. Very bad experience with Amazon. Think 100 times before buying. Don't order it online, you can't return it if you didn't like the phone. Better go in a shop check and then buy. Waste of money and time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been ordering from Amazon for over 10 years and FedEx was the best delivery service. Since Amazon started using its own delivery services I have called at least 5 times this year to report that my packages were delivered to the wrong address. I have put detailed notes in the delivery instructions about what the front area of my apartment looks like to help them identify my apartment unit door. The drivers aren't reading the instructions at all. Fortunately they take pictures to show proof that they delivered the product. This the proof I use when I call customer service to show it's the wrong apartment unit. I order online from many companies but Amazon is the only company who delivers my packages to the wrong address and consistently.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Amazon get hacked card numbers stolen and used, when new numbers put in they stolen within 2 days. Then emails from fake Amazon to put in new numbers to pay annual subscription. After second email talk to Amazon again about problem denied card ever being stolen, would not let talk to a higher up supervisor or to the fraud unit. Their attitude is it is not their problem. Anyone using Amazon use prepaid cards and don't have any more money on them than that you can afford to lose.

Amazon.com Company Information