4.13/5
  • 1 star
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

23 Amazon Instant Video Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I chose this service initially because there was a specific tv show being talked about that was only shown thru this service and then I kept it because it just made sense. It's easy to use and it has a lot of good tv shows and movies available and it's not very expensive either -- it also shows that people talk about and helps me feel like I'm in the know and keeping up with them. But it could always increase the amount of shows and movies able to be watched -- and it could always lower its price somehow.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

The movie selection includes more current movies as well as old movies with good reviews and the service provides good quality. There are options for different quality films and a variety of shows for all family members. Overall, we enjoy using Amazon but I would like to see a broader selection of TV shows as well as movies included with prime. HD quality is harder to stream and good internet can cut out on occasion.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We use Amazon Prime and enjoy the free shipping and the downloading of movies that are available to us. It works well with WiFi and the price is reasonable but it would be nice if they had a greater selection of current movies available for free streaming.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Saves me from having to go to the movies. Unlimited downloads. Can share profiles with friends. I like that it's available and valuable from any device, has shows that I like and it's cheaper than other devices. Easy to use, portable, has favorite shows; I like the selection of movie and characters. It is a good value for the money. I also like that you can create own profile. But I dislike that sometimes I have to wait a whole season; freshness of movies; requires wi-fi for clear downloads. I also don't like that it is sometimes slow; sling TV controller difficult.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

They have a large selection and always the video I pick will always play without buffering or wait time or black screen. They have movies, tv shows and original content so there is always something to watch. But one area to improve is getting the new movies available faster for viewing and I feel like other services get the blockbuster movies first. Also, I use this service over others due to convenience and online shopping factors. I use Amazon Prime almost every day and the streaming is a great perk and reason to use it even more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Amazon Instant Video?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I love that you can watch TV series and movies. It's user friendly, is easy to navigate around, and has a best selection of titles to choose from and you can pretty much find anything you want. However, I feel that some of the TV series that you can buy are a little pricey. There was one instance where I contacted customer service and it was a long drawn out process that left me very frustrated. But I love Amazon Instant Video. It is so easy to sign up, comes on most smart TVs and it was easy to get to.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Amazon Instant Video comes with my prime membership so I just happen to have it. But I use it because I have access to it. It lets me search for movies that aren't located on other services. I can use them right from my Samsung Smart TV with my TV remote. No need to use a third party device to watch or use the app through. It has an easy way to search for shows or movies. However, there are not as many options as I thought for movies or TV shows. It's not as streamline as I would like it to be. A bit clunky of a design, but mostly user friendly.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

It's a great package deal with your prime membership. They organize your library well. Great bargain considering the many other prime benefits like photo memory and free shipping. Definitely something to utilize. As a package deal at probably the most affordable, but the selection is lacking. They will store your library of personally owned movies and other prime benefits. They used to have more free shows available and the selection has diminished. Unfortunately, many popular choices are included, but the push to buy additional episodes is frustrating. Whether you are buying a season or an episode is unclear.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

There are a ton of different options to choose from, you have a great selection and different genres for whatever your mood is. All rentals are good for 24 hours so you can watch them more than once if you'd like. You can kick back in your chair and watch what you'd like without having to go outside of your home to rent a movie. But prices could be a bit less. It's not outrageous, but some are a little too steep for me and I won't purchase some. There are some that are very cheap to rent though.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I like its new content, easy search, lots of different programming choices from movies, tv shows, children's programs, and documentary programs. Interface is easy to use and the search function is good as well. Included in my prime membership. Just sign on with my Amazon account and you are good to stream. Good selection of recent and older movies and shows and a good mix of original content. However, some things too pricey, I wish all the content was included. Every now and then a glitch happens, not sure if it is Amazon or my ISP. Would love to see some adult content too.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My favorite feature is the Amazon original series that are available. The ones I've watched so far have been very entertaining. For example, I am really enjoying Catastrophe at the moment. I've never seen either star before but they are both good actors and great writers. Plus, they offer a number of British comedies and I think that British comedies, in particular, really are quite funny. However, some of the series that I really enjoy don't have the most recent seasons available without paying extra. It is tempting to pay the extra money to see up to date content but I don't want to get lured into spending more than I intended.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The primarily most defined reason I chose this service and the reason that I'm currently Using Amazon Prime is just because a member of the household is a student. Unreservedly, I can affirm that The features I like about Amazon Prime include The wide encompassing variety of complete television seasons with all episodes of television series that are available. The most likely feature I would dislike about Amazon Prime is probably the total unsubsidized cost of the streaming service of Amazon Prime when my household is no longer eligible for student membership.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Amazon Instant Video gives me happiness. I can use Prime which is included with the free shipping of other items you may want or rental or purchase a movie right away. They have current streaming of cable TV shows that I enjoy. However, I do not like the way they set up the search application, also the categories are a bit confusing. Plus, the movie you might want to see you may need to sign for Showtime HBO. But the price is right at $99 for one full year which also includes 2 day shipping. It is easy to use if you know the movie or TV show that everyone is talking about. The selections are very good too.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I chose Amazon for a variety of reasons. First of all, I have been an Amazon patron for many years so signing up for their video services was a no brainer. I also liked that Amazon offers original content. I like that I can use the service on a variety of different devices. This means I can watch content on my phone or tablet when away from home or I can access content at home on my smart television set. However, it would be nice if more live options were available. I would also appreciate it if Amazon would figure out how to deliver content so that consumers will no longer need services from a telecommunications provider.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I like it because I can stream videos whenever I want and don't have to rely on TV schedules. There is a pretty good selection of movies and TV shows. It is easy to use. I do not like the fact, though, that only certain movies and TV shows are available at different times of the year. The selection is pretty good but could be better and provide new releases more often. But I have enjoyed everything I've watched.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I love Amazon Instant Video. I like the selection of movies, original programming, and tv shows that are available on Amazon Instant Video. I like the pay per view movies, I also like I can watch it on any device. My phone or tablet. You can also watch some movies for free with no annoying ads. It is free with Amazon Prime membership. You can order pay per view movies and pay per view full seasons of tv shows. I wish new movies and some older classic tv shows would be available on Amazon instant video, though. I also wish there were more discounts and incentive offers for people who order more pay per view movies.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

It's cheaper than cable tv; no commercials; no contracts or time commitment; no special equipment to maintain or lease; parental controls; great variety of tv shows and movies to watch. Also, it is easy to use, there is something for everybody and there are no time commitments/contracts to abide by. I would like to see more current movies as well as more vintage shows, though. They have less titles available to "rent or buy," just let them be streamable. Bring back shows from the 60s and 70s and show vintage game shows.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I choose this service because it is part of another service I use for ordering online. It is easy to use as long as you are computer savvy. The movies depend the range from independent movies or tv shows some still cost though unfortunately. I wish it was easier to put the video on my tv through Google Chromecast, though. When I try to project it it doesnt work as well as I wish. But I like the specific Amazon only options like tv series on Amazon only. I also like the wide variety of different options for kid and adults. It is very easy to use and a nice service, is a little pricey but I understand because it is more than just a video service.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Could be better - They have a great selection of meditation, sleep music, anxiety soothers, as well as hypnosis videos, they have a variety of movies to select from for those who are into strict movie watching. I have Amazon Prime, I mean it's a good service but it has limited selections when it comes to tv show. I already pay $100 a year and then they still expect me to pay for things to watch that are not even on tv any longer.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I chose this service because they have a lot of options and genres for tv shows and movies. Such as Doctor Who which is my absolute favorite show. They took it off of every other streaming device that I watch. I would probably like them to add more movies and tv shows for free. I think they should add Older MTV shows like NEXT. More people would probably subscribe. But for sure add newer horror flicks too. I like that even if you don't have Prime you can still purchase what you want to watch. They literally have everything you want to watch on there. Highly recommend this to everybody!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

They have lots of good programming. They have good original content and some unusual documentaries. I like watching their shows. It is easy to search for shows. Do not include options that require more money, though. It is annoying to click on an option and be told it costs another $1.99. All programming listed should be included. It was paid for by accident but we like the programming options. We also like the free two day shipping service on anything we order.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Amazon is top of the line. I buy a lot from them so being a Prime member is good for me with all the benefits of free shipping and 2-day delivery. Then you get the added bonus of being able to stream TV shows and movies at no additional extra cost, but if I want to rent or buy, I can do that also. I like the idea of being able to watch movies and TV shows that normally I would have to pay cable prices for, and this makes my life easier and much more affordable. I wished it would have the features of being able to watch the TV show at least the day after, though, similar to the way Hulu does on a lot of the television shows.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I really like Amazon Prime for the free delivery. However, lately when we have pulled up a movie to view, the movie stops and has to wait until it can continue. It had to do it so much the other night, we decided not to watch it and went to NetFlix. Amazon has a great selection but if you can't watch what you are streaming, what good is it?

Amazon Instant Video expert review by Jonathan Trout

Amazon Instant Video is a digital movie and TV show streaming service. It is separate from Amazon Prime, although Prime members have free access to a lot of video content in Instant Video’s library. You don’t have to be Prime member to rent movies and shows from Instant Video.

• Á la carte streaming: Similar to going into a rental store and renting a movie, Instant Video lets you rent or buy movies and TV shows, one at a time, directly from your supported device. You have 30 days to watch a rented movie and 48 hours to finish it once you’ve started.

• Selection: Amazon says they have 10,000 movies and TV shows in their library available for rent or purchase via Instant Video. Amazon Prime members can view thousands of those at no additional cost.

• Price: There is no monthly or yearly subscription with Instant Video. Simply pay for what you watch. Prices vary depending on the title and generally range from $2 to $6 for renting. Buy movies for $10 or more.

• Supported devices: Enjoy Amazon Instant Video on Amazon Fire TV, smart TVs, Blu-ray players, gaming consoles like Xbox 360 and PlayStation and more.

• Multiple devices: You can stream Instant Video from up to two devices at once.

• Best for: people who only want to rent movies on occasion and Amazon Prime members.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout