3.1/5 (148 ratings)

About Allure Beauty Box

Allure Beauty Box Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: May 17, 2020

Variety, great selection and quality of products, great values. Enjoy trying out the different beauty products coming in the box, which has lead me to go and buy what I liked and worked well on me. I have especially liked the mascara, worked perfectly on my eyelashes, the perfume, what an exquisite fragrance!

Original review: May 16, 2020

I like the box but want more variety. I have done Birchbox and Ipsy in the past and feel like all three of these companies have the same items over and over again. I also dont really like getting tools since I have a high quality set already. Really like the boxes that are a mix skincare and beauty.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Anyone Can get better product for less elsewhere. Pricing is too high and not enough of a blend of cosmetics. Package contents are not worth the price for value. Cosmetics are generally over priced.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I love everything I've received in my Beauty Boxes. Rodial Glamourlash XXL is really great with no flaking and makes lashes really long! The Flash Gloss is wonderful - lips are so shiny and soft. There's so much more in the beauty box each month! I highly recommend anyone who loves beauty and options to buy the monthly Allure Beauty Box and the $15 a month is well worth it?

Original review: May 13, 2020

I really love this box! I have been getting it for quite a while, and the variety and generous sizes of products make this box a fantastic value. I am VERY glad they discontinued the plastic pouches they were using at one point. The box is white and very sturdy. They previously used the same quality box in red, which I really preferred. Small stuff. Nothing to dampen my enthusiasm.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Great choices, a bit pricy for my pockets but overall I like it. The colors are rich and blend well. I do feel the cost as a whole, could be lower. It is make up not life sustaining after all. The choices are good also. Anyone of any race should be able to find a palette for their own personal skin tones and eye color.

Original review: May 9, 2020

The products are designed for my age range and skin type. It encourages me to try new products and colors. Otherwise, I don’t think I would have started using certain products regularly. Plus, it’s always a pleasant surprise to get it in the mail!

Original review: May 7, 2020

I signed up for an April box at the end of the month, and a couple days later, they charged me AGAIN for the May box. I didn’t receive any sort of confirmation or shipping info via email, so I have no idea when either one is supposed to arrive. I went to the website and tried to login, but it doesn’t load and gives me a blank page. I emailed customer service explaining what I just wrote, and they sent me a generic message and sent a link to the login page I can’t access in the first place!!

So to summarize: I keep getting charged and can’t cancel because I can’t access my account and customer service will give you the same exact email each time. Seriously, message them back and say you like giraffes or you’re in the mood for a ham sandwich. They’ll literally tell you “If we can be of further assistance, please let us know”.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I received my first box today. I was VERY pleased! I received 7 very nice products: A full size lipstick, a huge blush brush, a moisturizing face mask, some night moisturizer, some highlighter, face serum, and a sleep mask. I love all of it! I had read before that people had problems with customer service when they dealt directly with Allure but I also read that if you got the box through Amazon, it was easy to cancel (and they would take care of any problems) so I signed up via Amazon. I have no issues whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I am beyond astonished how they mess it up. Aside from the fact that they take forever to send a tracking number. It takes 2 weeks for you to get it after it is shipped. They sent me JANUARY box content instead of December, my hot tools not included because they said they ran out of stock, but then in their website, it is posted that they are still offering the hot tools for an yearly subscription. What a scam.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I signed up for the December Allure Beauty Box. When I saw the next month's box spoilers, I emailed them to cancel because I was not interested. I emailed on Dec. 22 and Dec. 30 saying I wanted to cancel before the January box was billed. On Dec. 22 I was told, "If you would like to keep the current box, but cancel all future orders, please let us know after you receive a shipping confirmation for the box we are currently preparing for shipment." I never received a shipping confirmation for the current box, but I did not want to get charged for January so I emailed again on Dec. 30 saying I wanted to cancel the January box. I received the same response, saying I needed to wait to cancel until my December box was shipped.

As of January 6 it had still not been shipped, but I saw that my credit card was charged for the January box. I was continuously told I could not cancel for January yet because my December box hadn't shipped, and yet I was charged for January anyway even though it hadn't. I called Allure again and they claimed they would be refunding the January box, but they have not done so. I spoke with another person at Allure today who was very rude and claimed that they could not refund the box because it had already processed. She also claimed that you cannot cancel over email, even though Allure's own website says that you can. This company is shady and I will never be giving them access to my credit card again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I literally hurt and threatened deeply with Customer service lady Suzan, She threatened me telling that "I will disconnect the call" if I don't stop asking questions, and stop keep talking. And She was so sarcastic about my question. And Allure Beauty box communication is so dead. They won't inform you about any changes in your account. Initially I got one subscription till Agust2019. Everything was going smooth.

In December My Husband wanted to gift all the subscriptions to me and subscribed to Allure also with different Email address. Few days later I called Customer care and asked about my shipment, and she replied that it's in Process and I will be getting all the promised gifts along with. And today dec 31st 2019. I called them again because they were not replying to emails. And they said they have cancelled my subscription without letting me know and I was trying to understand this. And That Suzan Lady started controlling me saying that "You need to stop asking questions otherwise I will disconnect the call." I literally got shivering with angry and don't know how to talk to her, Then I have disconnected the call.

I am really feeling threatened while writing this review. Why do I need this kind of ** while paying. This is not something I want to buy. I don't know what to expect from this. Only thing I feel is I am finally out of this ** like forever. I want to write more but her voice is running in my mind again and again. If You want to go with Allure Beauty Box keep checking your account on daily basis otherwise anything can happen all of sudden. It's not about $15 I am talking about but the way they treat US is miserable.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

This was one of my first beauty boxes ever. I'd never heard of them until I saw this in Allure Magazine and back then it was only $10 a month and claimed to send a mix of sample and full size products from quality beauty brands and relevant products. I was so excited at the idea of receiving a box of beauty every month but was very disappointed in this box... Every month was mostly Drug Store Brands are samples that were way too small, so I canceled after 4 months and moved on to Ipsy and Sephora Play but I was always keeping my eye on what other subs were including in their boxes and about a year ago, I didn't even recognize the Allure Box and I resubbed and still receive it monthly. They truly do make them boxes pack a punch.

Every month, I receive high end, newer products. I always love the Cosmetics. And what especially sets this one apart is that there is always the most amazing skincare included every month. We even on quite a few occasions have received a new Sunday Riley skincare product before it was even available for sale anywhere. And they stepped up on the size of products. A majority of them are full sized and the samples provide quite a few uses. Even though I receive 2 other beauty subs that provide all full sized items, I think this one gives you the best value for your money.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Please don't waste your money on these parasites. I ordered 1 beauty box and accidentally ordered 7 somehow. As soon as they sent confirmation, I called them and said I accidentally did that, that I did NOT want 7 boxes. I also emailed them as well. Well they billed me anyway and took it out of my debit card, when I found out, I called immediately and they refunded the money only to take it back two days later. So I have been getting the runaround and I finally lost it when they lied saying it's not in our computer. They hung up on me, I canceled, called and emailed a cancellation. I had to cancel my debit card and I'm out 70 bucks. I'm on a fixed income and they scammed me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got one box and I wanted to cancel so I sent an email to 3 separate email addresses and never got a response. (They were the emails provided from their website.) They charged my card on the 5th of August and I called to let them know I canceled by email, which they say I can do. I asked customer service to pull up the email and she said "That's a different department, I'm unable to see any emails". How are your customer service representatives not allowed to view customer service emails? Hmmm? Then I ask if she can refund the charge but she was unable because "my box shipped out 2 days ago". Okay. Whatever. It took 5 extra days to receive a shipping notification through email. Today is the 12th and it still hasn't arrived. I can't even see where my package is because it's still not scanned by USPS. Basically, I was lied to by customer service so that she wouldn't have to refund me. This company is the biggest scam. Definitely over it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

When I first started subscribing to the Beauty Box, I really liked the products they sent, as well as the cute red boxes which I reuse. Then I started to have problems with items frequently being substituted or missing. I was told that was due to high volume. Occasional substitutions I can understand, but not missing items. Then the quality started going downhill. I am so tired of getting dry shampoo etc. Finally they changed the cute red boxes to clear flimsy pouches that I will never use again. After another missing item, I cancelled. Too bad, it was a really great program in the past.

Original review: July 18, 2019

If you move, UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS OVER EMAIL OR PHONE, not the online system. I updated online 3 times and it did not go through. The package was sent to my old address, USPS didn't bother forwarding it and disposed of it. Called Allure and they sent a replacement box. Very good customer service. Just make sure you confirm any changes to your account.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I would rate zero stars but it makes you rate at least a 1. I was so looking forward to my first Allure Beauty Box. It was shipped June 23. I still have not received it. Today is July 8. I reached out to customer service. I understand it is the postal service. It has been in every state North of me and around me but has not yet came to my state. This was per my tracking number. I get a response from Allure, “Thank you for contacting us, your box shipped on the 24th. Here is your tracking number.” Well no, crap I already knew all this, already have a tracking number. Apparently they only read your subject line and not the email. Terrible customer service and have been charged for July already of course. Still haven't gotten the first one. Not looking good for this subscription based on customer service alone.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Worst customer service. Changed my card and provided to them. They confirmed that my account was active but I did not receive anything for two months. When I asked about it I was told my account was cancelled and that I needed to resubscribe. That was super annoying in itself but I went ahead and did so. They took my money and at some point cancelled my membership because I already had an active one.... I just told them to forget it and keep it cancelled. I've never experienced such a lack of competent customer service with any other box. Don't waste your money or your time.

Original review: April 26, 2019

It was my fault, but the first time the box was sent to me, it wasn't delivered because there wasn't an apt number. It happened again with my April box, so I think they make the shipping labels the day they charge you, and I didn't change my address before that. So beware, it takes them a minute to update the address if it is wrong. But luckily, after contacting them, I got both boxes, and even my La Mer samples.

I loved everything, and I got a lot of stuff I would actually use. Nothing came broken or expired and the bag it came in was still in one piece. The samples are either deluxe or full size so you do get a lot for your money. Reading other reviews, the big thing seems like they could improve their cancelling process, and also be a bit more clear on their shipping process. I think they only ship twice a month, so it may seem slow, but once it ships, it ships fast. So far I love it, and they do answer your emails if there is a problem with your box. If the future boxes are good, this one may be my favorite along with Ipsy. Give it a chance.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This company is by far the sketchiest and is worst customer service I have ever experienced as far as beauty subscriptions before. At least with other companies like Boxycharm and Ipsy, if they make a mistake or you're unsatisfied they make it right. There's a reason you can only contact them by phone to cancel. They make is extremely difficult to cancel so they can be the fraudulent company that they are and refuse a refund. Allure Beauty Box made two unauthorized charges even after cancelling. I was not aware that I was going to be charged.

When I talked to a supervisor, she stated that I would be getting my refund in several business days. Next week comes around and I still don't have my refund! I had to speak to yet again another supervisor who had to process the refund because apparently the first supervisor lied to me and I never got my refund. They are even denying that the money got taken out of my account when clearly it said that the money got taken out when I looked at my bank statements.

I'm currently working to get both refunds back, and have to continue to fight to get it back. I have to continue to call a supervisor to make sure that it's confirmed. Allure may have good products, but as far as the incompetent service that I'm receiving. I will deter from ever buying anything from them again. If I don't get the refund by the end of this 30 days I have to file a claim with my bank. ALLURE BEAUTY BOX ARE FRAUDS! They give you the runaround and make it difficult to get a refund. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I originally subscribed about 5 months back and after a few boxes I decided it was not for me. After searching on their site I found you may ONLY CANCEL by phone or email so I sent an email request. After I got an email back being told I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO CANCEL until the following month, they pulled the $$ from my account BUT NEVER SENT THE BOX!!! AFTER reaching out again I was told I get no box because I canceled!!??!! THE ONLY THING I GOT was a bill in my mailbox demanding payment?? I gave up on that but now, no matter what I do, I can't get them to STOP EMAILING ME!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I called customer service because my Allure Beauty subscription came up as a double subscription and they cancelled my subscription without notice. NO email, NO call, NO NOTICE.. I called and the representative was so rude to me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor was a totally RUDE and said all they can say or do was make me a new account and take my credit card information of course!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I signed up for a trial box to see if I liked it... 2 weeks later they charged me again! I called and they said that since I signed up at the end of the month, instead of moving me to the next month they just signed me up for the current money and then charged me for the next one. They said everyone gets charged on the 6th of the month. I cancelled over the phone but I'm still supposed to receive 2 boxes. Hopefully that will actually happen.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recently started subscribing to the Allure Beauty Box. Everything was fine and I was really liking all my boxes. My kids decided that they wanted a box and Allure has a program for referrals and you are supposed to get free gifts when referring people. I referred to people to get the box and was to be getting two referral gifts. They also signed up in a certain month and was to be getting certain items in the box. It states right on their website what box you will be getting. When my kids got the box the items posted on their website we’re not in the box. As a matter of fact the items in the box were the following months box. That would be fine had they not wanted and signed up because of the specific box they wanted.

When looking online at the current month items my kids did receive, they didn’t even send them all the items. They sent half of the items. By this time it’s already the next month and the money was already withdrawn from my account. I never received the referral items and my kids never received the boxes that they paid for. Allure refuses to send out the correct box and refuses to send referral gifts because we live in the same house. There is no rule on the lower website that you cannot get more than one box at the same household. What does it matter where people live as long as they’re getting their money and being paid.

Allure also refuses to refund me the money for those boxes and it took 3 weeks for them to respond to my email. Not to mention it is a monthly subscription and you don’t receive the box in the same month you paid for it, they are months backed up. It really isn’t that hard if you can’t for fill paying customers orders then you shouldn’t be selling stuff in the first place. I do not recommend buying from this company. If you want to good company go to BoxyCharm or FabFitFun. They are amazing and have amazing customer service and they will help you in every way if you have an issue. They will refund you and or replace the items that they never sent.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I used to enjoy my Allure Beauty Box subscription until one day I reached out to the company via email in regards to the free gifts I was to receive for referring people to sign up for a subscription. I had posted a link on a beauty forum that I belong to on Facebook and 7 members decided to use my link and sign up with the Allure box. I received seven separate emails that congratulated me on the fact that I would be receiving a thank you gift from Allure Beauty Box. After a month I reached out to the company asking when I would be receiving these gifts, as this company is well known for its snail speed shipping. They replied that I would need to submit the emails of the people I had referred.

As I previously stated, this was in a beauty forum and I did not personally know these people. When I pointed out that Allure Beauty Box themselves had sent an email stating I would be receiving these gifts they said it didn't matter and that I was only allowed to receive one gift per month. By the third correspondence with customer service from Allure Beauty Box, the representative was extremely rude and simply blew me off by stating that "that is our policy."

On a second note Allure boasted and bragged about how they would be changing their look in January 2019. Now they are sending things in a bag instead of the traditional box. Well, I received my final box for February and two out of two bags that I have received have been ripped and are unusable. The company appreciates the feedback but does not want to do anything to replace the item. I have to say I really enjoyed the quality products in this box but there is no way I am giving anybody money to treat me like I don't matter and not make good on promises especially when I am helping build their business.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I signed up in January, tomorrow it was be March and I haven’t received anything, I called the customer service, the representatives are rude, and unapologetic. They said it would be another 2-3 weeks to get my box. Any other monthly beauty box subscription service would expedite me a box immediately being it’s been two months since I ordered a box I should be getting every month. The representatives were so unwilling to help and so unapologetic it was shocking in 2019 when everyone is ordering stuff online customer service is usually really helpful. Not here. They are snobs as if they were models in the magazine. They do not appreciate your business, and they make sure you know that.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I signed up wanting to try Allure. I am now in a month to month subscription from hell that I can't get out of. I have sent six emails asking them to please cancel my subscription. I got the same email back telling me to wait till I get the next box then email them back to cancel. Why? What's the point of that? So they can bill me again. I have never heard of a company doing this.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I've been a subscriber for over a year now and even if I have to give up other boxes, this one is my fave, and will be kept. If you're looking to use high end brands daily, but you can't afford high end prices, this is the box for you. I can't tell you how many times I've been shocked by 1. the amount of items in the box and 2. the brands that I would never be able to get my hands on. Just like every one of these beauty boxes there are going to be some dud months, because hey we aren't all the same person. This month SPOILERS AHEAD Feb I got ROSE scented items. Rose perfume is my signature scent and so I'm very excited.

Here's the spoilers Mamonde Petal spa oil to foam. This stuff smells like a spring day. Also the matching flower lab essence mask in rose. Model company metallic eyeshadow trio and a Moda m27 triad brush to apply it. The brow gal tinted brow gel 2.8 grams looks like full size. Mile High club from Wander Beauty mascara and Mally liquid lip in a pale pink color. All in a black clear plastic makeup bag. The bag is perfect for the gym and for travel. I'm so happy with this beauty box. THANK YOU.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I love subscription boxes. So after reading all the online “professional” reviews, I went for Allure since Birch is so/so (but has TOP customer service) and FabFitFun only comes 4x a year. I never received my January box, nor did many others, yet they advertised for people to sign up and get it right up until February. I emailed them a polite message and heard nothing back. Finally, I tried to cancel my subscription online, and their website has “error messages” for every time you try to perform that action on your account. You have to call. The person I spoke to today assured me that I would be given a refund in 10 business days to my debit card. If it doesn’t happen, I WILL be going through the bank, since it appears that a number of individuals are not receiving their money. Allure was poorly prepared for this subscription service.

Allure Beauty Box Company Information