3.31/5

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Allure Beauty Box

Get matched with the best Home Security System.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Allure Beauty Box Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2019

This company is by far the sketchiest and is worst customer service I have ever experienced as far as beauty subscriptions before. At least with other companies like Boxycharm and Ipsy, if they make a mistake or you're unsatisfied they make it right. There's a reason you can only contact them by phone to cancel. They make is extremely difficult to cancel so they can be the fraudulent company that they are and refuse a refund. Allure Beauty Box made two unauthorized charges even after cancelling. I was not aware that I was going to be charged.

When I talked to a supervisor, she stated that I would be getting my refund in several business days. Next week comes around and I still don't have my refund! I had to speak to yet again another supervisor who had to process the refund because apparently the first supervisor lied to me and I never got my refund. They are even denying that the money got taken out of my account when clearly it said that the money got taken out when I looked at my bank statements.

I'm currently working to get both refunds back, and have to continue to fight to get it back. I have to continue to call a supervisor to make sure that it's confirmed. Allure may have good products, but as far as the incompetent service that I'm receiving. I will deter from ever buying anything from them again. If I don't get the refund by the end of this 30 days I have to file a claim with my bank. ALLURE BEAUTY BOX ARE FRAUDS! They give you the runaround and make it difficult to get a refund. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I originally subscribed about 5 months back and after a few boxes I decided it was not for me. After searching on their site I found you may ONLY CANCEL by phone or email so I sent an email request. After I got an email back being told I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO CANCEL until the following month, they pulled the $$ from my account BUT NEVER SENT THE BOX!!! AFTER reaching out again I was told I get no box because I canceled!!??!! THE ONLY THING I GOT was a bill in my mailbox demanding payment?? I gave up on that but now, no matter what I do, I can't get them to STOP EMAILING ME!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 29, 2019

I called customer service because my Allure Beauty subscription came up as a double subscription and they cancelled my subscription without notice. NO email, NO call, NO NOTICE.. I called and the representative was so rude to me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the supervisor was a totally RUDE and said all they can say or do was make me a new account and take my credit card information of course!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

I signed up for a trial box to see if I liked it... 2 weeks later they charged me again! I called and they said that since I signed up at the end of the month, instead of moving me to the next month they just signed me up for the current money and then charged me for the next one. They said everyone gets charged on the 6th of the month. I cancelled over the phone but I'm still supposed to receive 2 boxes. Hopefully that will actually happen.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recently started subscribing to the Allure Beauty Box. Everything was fine and I was really liking all my boxes. My kids decided that they wanted a box and Allure has a program for referrals and you are supposed to get free gifts when referring people. I referred to people to get the box and was to be getting two referral gifts. They also signed up in a certain month and was to be getting certain items in the box. It states right on their website what box you will be getting. When my kids got the box the items posted on their website we’re not in the box. As a matter of fact the items in the box were the following months box. That would be fine had they not wanted and signed up because of the specific box they wanted.

When looking online at the current month items my kids did receive, they didn’t even send them all the items. They sent half of the items. By this time it’s already the next month and the money was already withdrawn from my account. I never received the referral items and my kids never received the boxes that they paid for. Allure refuses to send out the correct box and refuses to send referral gifts because we live in the same house. There is no rule on the lower website that you cannot get more than one box at the same household. What does it matter where people live as long as they’re getting their money and being paid.

Allure also refuses to refund me the money for those boxes and it took 3 weeks for them to respond to my email. Not to mention it is a monthly subscription and you don’t receive the box in the same month you paid for it, they are months backed up. It really isn’t that hard if you can’t for fill paying customers orders then you shouldn’t be selling stuff in the first place. I do not recommend buying from this company. If you want to good company go to BoxyCharm or FabFitFun. They are amazing and have amazing customer service and they will help you in every way if you have an issue. They will refund you and or replace the items that they never sent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I used to enjoy my Allure Beauty Box subscription until one day I reached out to the company via email in regards to the free gifts I was to receive for referring people to sign up for a subscription. I had posted a link on a beauty forum that I belong to on Facebook and 7 members decided to use my link and sign up with the Allure box. I received seven separate emails that congratulated me on the fact that I would be receiving a thank you gift from Allure Beauty Box. After a month I reached out to the company asking when I would be receiving these gifts, as this company is well known for its snail speed shipping. They replied that I would need to submit the emails of the people I had referred.

As I previously stated, this was in a beauty forum and I did not personally know these people. When I pointed out that Allure Beauty Box themselves had sent an email stating I would be receiving these gifts they said it didn't matter and that I was only allowed to receive one gift per month. By the third correspondence with customer service from Allure Beauty Box, the representative was extremely rude and simply blew me off by stating that "that is our policy."

On a second note Allure boasted and bragged about how they would be changing their look in January 2019. Now they are sending things in a bag instead of the traditional box. Well, I received my final box for February and two out of two bags that I have received have been ripped and are unusable. The company appreciates the feedback but does not want to do anything to replace the item. I have to say I really enjoyed the quality products in this box but there is no way I am giving anybody money to treat me like I don't matter and not make good on promises especially when I am helping build their business.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I signed up in January, tomorrow it was be March and I haven’t received anything, I called the customer service, the representatives are rude, and unapologetic. They said it would be another 2-3 weeks to get my box. Any other monthly beauty box subscription service would expedite me a box immediately being it’s been two months since I ordered a box I should be getting every month. The representatives were so unwilling to help and so unapologetic it was shocking in 2019 when everyone is ordering stuff online customer service is usually really helpful. Not here. They are snobs as if they were models in the magazine. They do not appreciate your business, and they make sure you know that.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I signed up wanting to try Allure. I am now in a month to month subscription from hell that I can't get out of. I have sent six emails asking them to please cancel my subscription. I got the same email back telling me to wait till I get the next box then email them back to cancel. Why? What's the point of that? So they can bill me again. I have never heard of a company doing this.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I love subscription boxes. So after reading all the online “professional” reviews, I went for Allure since Birch is so/so (but has TOP customer service) and FabFitFun only comes 4x a year. I never received my January box, nor did many others, yet they advertised for people to sign up and get it right up until February. I emailed them a polite message and heard nothing back. Finally, I tried to cancel my subscription online, and their website has “error messages” for every time you try to perform that action on your account. You have to call. The person I spoke to today assured me that I would be given a refund in 10 business days to my debit card. If it doesn’t happen, I WILL be going through the bank, since it appears that a number of individuals are not receiving their money. Allure was poorly prepared for this subscription service.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I subscribed to the Beauty Box and they took the money out and for 2 weeks I didn't get any sort of confirmation. So I emailed them and 1 week later they responded with just saying it will soon be shipped out. The following month I still didn't receive it and all they said was, "Sorry for inconvenience but it was shipped and nothing we can do at this point." My friend received her box and the bag was broken and one other product and they never replaced it. I cancelled my subscription and went through my bank to get my money back because they did not even respond after that.

Allure Beauty Box Company Information