2. Shopping
  3. Beauty Box

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.12/5

Allure Beauty Box Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I received my first box today. I was VERY pleased! I received 7 very nice products: A full size lipstick, a huge blush brush, a moisturizing face mask, some night moisturizer, some highlighter, face serum, and a sleep mask. I love all of it! I had read before that people had problems with customer service when they dealt directly with Allure but I also read that if you got the box through Amazon, it was easy to cancel (and they would take care of any problems) so I signed up via Amazon. I have no issues whatsoever.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

This was one of my first beauty boxes ever. I'd never heard of them until I saw this in Allure Magazine and back then it was only $10 a month and claimed to send a mix of sample and full size products from quality beauty brands and relevant products. I was so excited at the idea of receiving a box of beauty every month but was very disappointed in this box... Every month was mostly Drug Store Brands are samples that were way too small, so I canceled after 4 months and moved on to Ipsy and Sephora Play but I was always keeping my eye on what other subs were including in their boxes and about a year ago, I didn't even recognize the Allure Box and I resubbed and still receive it monthly. They truly do make them boxes pack a punch.

Every month, I receive high end, newer products. I always love the Cosmetics. And what especially sets this one apart is that there is always the most amazing skincare included every month. We even on quite a few occasions have received a new Sunday Riley skincare product before it was even available for sale anywhere. And they stepped up on the size of products. A majority of them are full sized and the samples provide quite a few uses. Even though I receive 2 other beauty subs that provide all full sized items, I think this one gives you the best value for your money.

Get expert buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

If you move, UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS OVER EMAIL OR PHONE, not the online system. I updated online 3 times and it did not go through. The package was sent to my old address, USPS didn't bother forwarding it and disposed of it. Called Allure and they sent a replacement box. Very good customer service. Just make sure you confirm any changes to your account.

Original review: April 26, 2019

It was my fault, but the first time the box was sent to me, it wasn't delivered because there wasn't an apt number. It happened again with my April box, so I think they make the shipping labels the day they charge you, and I didn't change my address before that. So beware, it takes them a minute to update the address if it is wrong. But luckily, after contacting them, I got both boxes, and even my La Mer samples.

I loved everything, and I got a lot of stuff I would actually use. Nothing came broken or expired and the bag it came in was still in one piece. The samples are either deluxe or full size so you do get a lot for your money. Reading other reviews, the big thing seems like they could improve their cancelling process, and also be a bit more clear on their shipping process. I think they only ship twice a month, so it may seem slow, but once it ships, it ships fast. So far I love it, and they do answer your emails if there is a problem with your box. If the future boxes are good, this one may be my favorite along with Ipsy. Give it a chance.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I am beyond astonished how they mess it up. Aside from the fact that they take forever to send a tracking number. It takes 2 weeks for you to get it after it is shipped. They sent me JANUARY box content instead of December, my hot tools not included because they said they ran out of stock, but then in their website, it is posted that they are still offering the hot tools for an yearly subscription. What a scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I signed up for the December Allure Beauty Box. When I saw the next month's box spoilers, I emailed them to cancel because I was not interested. I emailed on Dec. 22 and Dec. 30 saying I wanted to cancel before the January box was billed. On Dec. 22 I was told, "If you would like to keep the current box, but cancel all future orders, please let us know after you receive a shipping confirmation for the box we are currently preparing for shipment." I never received a shipping confirmation for the current box, but I did not want to get charged for January so I emailed again on Dec. 30 saying I wanted to cancel the January box. I received the same response, saying I needed to wait to cancel until my December box was shipped.

As of January 6 it had still not been shipped, but I saw that my credit card was charged for the January box. I was continuously told I could not cancel for January yet because my December box hadn't shipped, and yet I was charged for January anyway even though it hadn't. I called Allure again and they claimed they would be refunding the January box, but they have not done so. I spoke with another person at Allure today who was very rude and claimed that they could not refund the box because it had already processed. She also claimed that you cannot cancel over email, even though Allure's own website says that you can. This company is shady and I will never be giving them access to my credit card again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I literally hurt and threatened deeply with Customer service lady Suzan, She threatened me telling that "I will disconnect the call" if I don't stop asking questions, and stop keep talking. And She was so sarcastic about my question. And Allure Beauty box communication is so dead. They won't inform you about any changes in your account. Initially I got one subscription till Agust2019. Everything was going smooth.

In December My Husband wanted to gift all the subscriptions to me and subscribed to Allure also with different Email address. Few days later I called Customer care and asked about my shipment, and she replied that it's in Process and I will be getting all the promised gifts along with. And today dec 31st 2019. I called them again because they were not replying to emails. And they said they have cancelled my subscription without letting me know and I was trying to understand this. And That Suzan Lady started controlling me saying that "You need to stop asking questions otherwise I will disconnect the call." I literally got shivering with angry and don't know how to talk to her, Then I have disconnected the call.

I am really feeling threatened while writing this review. Why do I need this kind of ** while paying. This is not something I want to buy. I don't know what to expect from this. Only thing I feel is I am finally out of this ** like forever. I want to write more but her voice is running in my mind again and again. If You want to go with Allure Beauty Box keep checking your account on daily basis otherwise anything can happen all of sudden. It's not about $15 I am talking about but the way they treat US is miserable.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Please don't waste your money on these parasites. I ordered 1 beauty box and accidentally ordered 7 somehow. As soon as they sent confirmation, I called them and said I accidentally did that, that I did NOT want 7 boxes. I also emailed them as well. Well they billed me anyway and took it out of my debit card, when I found out, I called immediately and they refunded the money only to take it back two days later. So I have been getting the runaround and I finally lost it when they lied saying it's not in our computer. They hung up on me, I canceled, called and emailed a cancellation. I had to cancel my debit card and I'm out 70 bucks. I'm on a fixed income and they scammed me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got one box and I wanted to cancel so I sent an email to 3 separate email addresses and never got a response. (They were the emails provided from their website.) They charged my card on the 5th of August and I called to let them know I canceled by email, which they say I can do. I asked customer service to pull up the email and she said "That's a different department, I'm unable to see any emails". How are your customer service representatives not allowed to view customer service emails? Hmmm? Then I ask if she can refund the charge but she was unable because "my box shipped out 2 days ago". Okay. Whatever. It took 5 extra days to receive a shipping notification through email. Today is the 12th and it still hasn't arrived. I can't even see where my package is because it's still not scanned by USPS. Basically, I was lied to by customer service so that she wouldn't have to refund me. This company is the biggest scam. Definitely over it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

When I first started subscribing to the Beauty Box, I really liked the products they sent, as well as the cute red boxes which I reuse. Then I started to have problems with items frequently being substituted or missing. I was told that was due to high volume. Occasional substitutions I can understand, but not missing items. Then the quality started going downhill. I am so tired of getting dry shampoo etc. Finally they changed the cute red boxes to clear flimsy pouches that I will never use again. After another missing item, I cancelled. Too bad, it was a really great program in the past.

Protect your property with a home alarm

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home security system for you.

Allure Beauty Box expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Allure magazine focuses on beauty and fashion advice and news. The company also gives Best of Beauty Awards to cosmetic products. Their beauty boxes ship the contiguous United States and include at least six sample products.

• Editor curated: Items included in Allure’s beauty box are selected by the magazine’s editors.

• Mini magazine: Each Allure Beauty Box comes with a mini magazine that includes information about the products in the box as well as how-to guides and beauty tricks.

• Referral bonus: When existing customers refer friends who sign up, and enter the existing customer’s e-mail address, the existing customer will receive a free box. Customers can qualify for one free box each month.

• Gift: Consumers can purchase gift subscriptions for loved ones. Gift subscriptions are available for three, six, or twelve months.

• Savings: Consumers receive a discount on their first Allure Beauty Box, and those who choose to subscribe for a full year receive one box free. Customers can cancel subscriptions at any time.

• Best for: Allure’s beauty boxes are designed for women and are best for makeup lovers and gift givers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team