3.20/5

Need a home alarm?

Need a home alarm?

55 Allure Beauty Box Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

If you move, UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS OVER EMAIL OR PHONE, not the online system. I updated online 3 times and it did not go through. The package was sent to my old address, USPS didn't bother forwarding it and disposed of it. Called Allure and they sent a replacement box. Very good customer service. Just make sure you confirm any changes to your account.

Original review: April 26, 2019

It was my fault, but the first time the box was sent to me, it wasn't delivered because there wasn't an apt number. It happened again with my April box, so I think they make the shipping labels the day they charge you, and I didn't change my address before that. So beware, it takes them a minute to update the address if it is wrong. But luckily, after contacting them, I got both boxes, and even my La Mer samples.

I loved everything, and I got a lot of stuff I would actually use. Nothing came broken or expired and the bag it came in was still in one piece. The samples are either deluxe or full size so you do get a lot for your money. Reading other reviews, the big thing seems like they could improve their cancelling process, and also be a bit more clear on their shipping process. I think they only ship twice a month, so it may seem slow, but once it ships, it ships fast. So far I love it, and they do answer your emails if there is a problem with your box. If the future boxes are good, this one may be my favorite along with Ipsy. Give it a chance.

Get expert buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I've been a subscriber for over a year now and even if I have to give up other boxes, this one is my fave, and will be kept. If you're looking to use high end brands daily, but you can't afford high end prices, this is the box for you. I can't tell you how many times I've been shocked by 1. the amount of items in the box and 2. the brands that I would never be able to get my hands on. Just like every one of these beauty boxes there are going to be some dud months, because hey we aren't all the same person. This month SPOILERS AHEAD Feb I got ROSE scented items. Rose perfume is my signature scent and so I'm very excited.

Here's the spoilers Mamonde Petal spa oil to foam. This stuff smells like a spring day. Also the matching flower lab essence mask in rose. Model company metallic eyeshadow trio and a Moda m27 triad brush to apply it. The brow gal tinted brow gel 2.8 grams looks like full size. Mile High club from Wander Beauty mascara and Mally liquid lip in a pale pink color. All in a black clear plastic makeup bag. The bag is perfect for the gym and for travel. I'm so happy with this beauty box. THANK YOU.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I have really enjoyed this subscription. I truly feel like I am getting a lot for the money. The price point is exceptional and the products are higher end. I get opportunities to try an $80 product before I go and drop my money in the store. Honestly pleased each month and intend to keep the subscription indefinitely.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Please don't waste your money on these parasites. I ordered 1 beauty box and accidentally ordered 7 somehow. As soon as they sent confirmation, I called them and said I accidentally did that, that I did NOT want 7 boxes. I also emailed them as well. Well they billed me anyway and took it out of my debit card, when I found out, I called immediately and they refunded the money only to take it back two days later. So I have been getting the runaround and I finally lost it when they lied saying it's not in our computer. They hung up on me, I canceled, called and emailed a cancellation. I had to cancel my debit card and I'm out 70 bucks. I'm on a fixed income and they scammed me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I got one box and I wanted to cancel so I sent an email to 3 separate email addresses and never got a response. (They were the emails provided from their website.) They charged my card on the 5th of August and I called to let them know I canceled by email, which they say I can do. I asked customer service to pull up the email and she said "That's a different department, I'm unable to see any emails". How are your customer service representatives not allowed to view customer service emails? Hmmm? Then I ask if she can refund the charge but she was unable because "my box shipped out 2 days ago". Okay. Whatever. It took 5 extra days to receive a shipping notification through email. Today is the 12th and it still hasn't arrived. I can't even see where my package is because it's still not scanned by USPS. Basically, I was lied to by customer service so that she wouldn't have to refund me. This company is the biggest scam. Definitely over it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

When I first started subscribing to the Beauty Box, I really liked the products they sent, as well as the cute red boxes which I reuse. Then I started to have problems with items frequently being substituted or missing. I was told that was due to high volume. Occasional substitutions I can understand, but not missing items. Then the quality started going downhill. I am so tired of getting dry shampoo etc. Finally they changed the cute red boxes to clear flimsy pouches that I will never use again. After another missing item, I cancelled. Too bad, it was a really great program in the past.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I would rate zero stars but it makes you rate at least a 1. I was so looking forward to my first Allure Beauty Box. It was shipped June 23. I still have not received it. Today is July 8. I reached out to customer service. I understand it is the postal service. It has been in every state North of me and around me but has not yet came to my state. This was per my tracking number. I get a response from Allure, “Thank you for contacting us, your box shipped on the 24th. Here is your tracking number.” Well no, crap I already knew all this, already have a tracking number. Apparently they only read your subject line and not the email. Terrible customer service and have been charged for July already of course. Still haven't gotten the first one. Not looking good for this subscription based on customer service alone.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Worst customer service. Changed my card and provided to them. They confirmed that my account was active but I did not receive anything for two months. When I asked about it I was told my account was cancelled and that I needed to resubscribe. That was super annoying in itself but I went ahead and did so. They took my money and at some point cancelled my membership because I already had an active one.... I just told them to forget it and keep it cancelled. I've never experienced such a lack of competent customer service with any other box. Don't waste your money or your time.

Original review: April 11, 2019

This company is by far the sketchiest and is worst customer service I have ever experienced as far as beauty subscriptions before. At least with other companies like Boxycharm and Ipsy, if they make a mistake or you're unsatisfied they make it right. There's a reason you can only contact them by phone to cancel. They make is extremely difficult to cancel so they can be the fraudulent company that they are and refuse a refund. Allure Beauty Box made two unauthorized charges even after cancelling. I was not aware that I was going to be charged.

When I talked to a supervisor, she stated that I would be getting my refund in several business days. Next week comes around and I still don't have my refund! I had to speak to yet again another supervisor who had to process the refund because apparently the first supervisor lied to me and I never got my refund. They are even denying that the money got taken out of my account when clearly it said that the money got taken out when I looked at my bank statements.

I'm currently working to get both refunds back, and have to continue to fight to get it back. I have to continue to call a supervisor to make sure that it's confirmed. Allure may have good products, but as far as the incompetent service that I'm receiving. I will deter from ever buying anything from them again. If I don't get the refund by the end of this 30 days I have to file a claim with my bank. ALLURE BEAUTY BOX ARE FRAUDS! They give you the runaround and make it difficult to get a refund. STAY AWAY!!!

Allure Beauty Box expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Allure magazine focuses on beauty and fashion advice and news. The company also gives Best of Beauty Awards to cosmetic products. Their beauty boxes ship the contiguous United States and include at least six sample products.

• Editor curated: Items included in Allure’s beauty box are selected by the magazine’s editors.

• Mini magazine: Each Allure Beauty Box comes with a mini magazine that includes information about the products in the box as well as how-to guides and beauty tricks.

• Referral bonus: When existing customers refer friends who sign up, and enter the existing customer’s e-mail address, the existing customer will receive a free box. Customers can qualify for one free box each month.

• Gift: Consumers can purchase gift subscriptions for loved ones. Gift subscriptions are available for three, six, or twelve months.

• Savings: Consumers receive a discount on their first Allure Beauty Box, and those who choose to subscribe for a full year receive one box free. Customers can cancel subscriptions at any time.

• Best for: Allure’s beauty boxes are designed for women and are best for makeup lovers and gift givers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs