3.1/5 (147 ratings)

About Allure Beauty Box

Allure Beauty Box Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: March 30, 2022

Don't tempt to subscribe to this! I ended up with no box, no refund and long time spent with 7 different customer service representative that literally drained me. I first subscribed to this after seen an ad on IG. I was sure that brand such as “Allure” will be secure and legit. I have been charged on the box but apparently “they can't find my account”. Plus, they informed me that it is a “Non-refundable” organization. I ended up doing a dispute. I don’t even have the words to describe the horrible experience I had with them, not to mention the time I wasted chasing after them. “Allure”- You need to be ashamed of yourself.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I wish I had never signed up for this. I could cancel but for month ahead... No refunds as they get so many requests. I got one regular size of unknown product not even available in US, the rest were mini sample sizes. I'm throwing whole box away. The regular size hand cream just flakes off on skin, mascara is unknown brand, just garbage. Save your money and go to Ulta or Sephora.

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This is the best beauty box. They let me cancel and then I wanted it back so they renewed me again. Then I tried Glossy Box for $1. They trapped me in a year subscription, DO NOT try them out please. I explained to Allure that I loved them but once again I needed to cancel because of glossy box. I can't afford both, and they understood and canceled. I promised to write a great review. I always couldn't wait to get my box and started taking very good care of my face and my boyfriend's too! Lol, I will miss them. Definitely give them a try. You can cancel if you don't like it! Thanks!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I’m really shocked to see any bad reviews because I have had nothing but great experiences with Allure. I don’t mind that there is no customization because it’s a magazine and you're getting all the great products that the editors receive and try out. It’s really suppose to be a surprise box more than a customized box but with that said I get great products. The price went up recently but the products have gotten even better.

I had an awesome experience on the phone with allure. They gave me a promotion for the year of the old price which is $100 less. For the people who aren’t sure... the boxes are sent out on the third week of the month. I work for UPS so I know how far behind the post office and all shipping partners are right now so problem with shipping is usually due to the shipping company. My boxes always come the same time every month and they’re beautiful and I haven’t ever been disappointed because even if I get one good item it pays for the whole box.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Ordered! Charged! Allure sent CONFIRMATION mail, TRACKING code mentioned my name, surname, address, e-mail & all my info. I‘m happy, looking forward for my box. But..!! At the end of month, Post office calls to me & says that someone has the same tracking code as mine, on box its written her name, so they have to choose between me and her and because on box it's written her name, box belongs to her. I Contacted allure. They said to me stupid reason, they BLAME me that from my mail 2 orders they got, 1 approved (with this other girls name) and second rejected (with my current mail, from which I was writing to them).

I asked to post office, me to be connected to that girl, I contacted that girl, asked to forward her confirmation mail, of course I forwarded both confirmation e-mails to Allure to make them sure that it was their fault & messed up 2 mails and they sent 1 SAME tracking code to 2 different customers, but they ignored some of my e-mails, did not recognize their fault, so they sent 1 box for 2 persons, this girl got, me NO. Final conclusion.. Awful customer service!!!! They don’t even know how 1 disappointed customer = to lose minimum 10 potential future customers.

Original review: May 30, 2020

This box has the most value I’ve seen for subscription boxes so far - and it’s extremely affordable at $15 or less per month. I keep the boxes it ships in for storage. I’ve only been a subscriber for 2 months, but I’m extremely happy so far!

Original review: May 23, 2020

I liked the variety of products in the beauty box but didnt always care for the brands and sizes of the products themselves. The price was a little more than other Beauty boxes that I have used in the past, would liked to have had the option to pick the products I liked or was familiar with. I would also liked if they gave you a survey on your skin type and beauty routine.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I signed up because I love trying new beauty products. The problem with Allure Beauty Box is that there is no customization. So, month after month I received products that were not suited for my skintone nor my skin type. After 4 months, I cancelled because there were too many similar products that I would never use.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Allure is a quality makeup box. I have used two other brands, and this seems to be the best. I enjoy the fact that new products I receive are usually in the magazine issue that month. I have been introduced to brands, and items I would never have thought to try. It’s easy to get in a rut with a make up routine, but with the Allure box, I feel like I’m getting the cutting edge products with skincare, makeup and even perfumes and lotions. I also love the fact, that each item is described in a flier that describes what each product is and how to best use it. I highly recommend Allure Beauty box!

Original review: May 17, 2020

Variety, great selection and quality of products, great values. Enjoy trying out the different beauty products coming in the box, which has lead me to go and buy what I liked and worked well on me. I have especially liked the mascara, worked perfectly on my eyelashes, the perfume, what an exquisite fragrance!

Allure Beauty Box author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Allure magazine focuses on beauty and fashion advice and news. The company also gives Best of Beauty Awards to cosmetic products. Their beauty boxes ship the contiguous United States and include at least six sample products.

• Editor curated: Items included in Allure’s beauty box are selected by the magazine’s editors.

• Mini magazine: Each Allure Beauty Box comes with a mini magazine that includes information about the products in the box as well as how-to guides and beauty tricks.

• Referral bonus: When existing customers refer friends who sign up, and enter the existing customer’s e-mail address, the existing customer will receive a free box. Customers can qualify for one free box each month.

• Gift: Consumers can purchase gift subscriptions for loved ones. Gift subscriptions are available for three, six, or twelve months.

• Savings: Consumers receive a discount on their first Allure Beauty Box, and those who choose to subscribe for a full year receive one box free. Customers can cancel subscriptions at any time.

Allure Beauty Box Company Information