3.1/5 (151 ratings)

About Allure Beauty Box

Allure Beauty Box Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

This company is fraudulent! They enroll you into a monthly subscription and then start stealing money from your bank account. They refuse to cancel when you call them! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING from them!!! You will regret it if you do! I'm sure with all these negative reviews they will just shut down and come back under another name so beware!!! They stole hundreds of dollars from me!!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I was charged twice for this month's beauty box. I logged in to change my address and the website clearly stated that I needed to go through the checkout to add a new address. I did this and instead of allowing me to change my address, it charged me for a whole new order. I now have paid over $50 and customer support is unresponsive. I am trying to at least get a replacement for the extra box I paid for that went to my old address. I even had a screenshot of the proof of their website's misleading information but still I was informed there is nothing they can do and now they have stopped responding altogether.

Get buying tips about Beauty Box delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Would give 0 stars if I could. Do not subscribe to this company! I never write bad reviews unless I’m really pissed. My June box went missing. Called Allure, they mailed me the July box at no charge. Missed out on the June but whatever. Now August box they shipped to my old address after I called in June to give them my new one. Canceled. Never again.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I have been contacting their email, because that's the only way to cancel unless you use Instagram or something, and have never gotten a response. If you know your account info like me, you can opt out of the next month's box. Unless you log into your account each month to do that, they will just charge you even if you moved to a new address. The only thing you can do is dispute the charges after they have charged you.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Don't tempt to subscribe to this! I ended up with no box, no refund and long time spent with 7 different customer service representative that literally drained me. I first subscribed to this after seen an ad on IG. I was sure that brand such as “Allure” will be secure and legit. I have been charged on the box but apparently “they can't find my account”. Plus, they informed me that it is a “Non-refundable” organization. I ended up doing a dispute. I don’t even have the words to describe the horrible experience I had with them, not to mention the time I wasted chasing after them. “Allure”- You need to be ashamed of yourself.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I wish I had never signed up for this. I could cancel but for month ahead... No refunds as they get so many requests. I got one regular size of unknown product not even available in US, the rest were mini sample sizes. I'm throwing whole box away. The regular size hand cream just flakes off on skin, mascara is unknown brand, just garbage. Save your money and go to Ulta or Sephora.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This is the best beauty box. They let me cancel and then I wanted it back so they renewed me again. Then I tried Glossy Box for $1. They trapped me in a year subscription, DO NOT try them out please. I explained to Allure that I loved them but once again I needed to cancel because of glossy box. I can't afford both, and they understood and canceled. I promised to write a great review. I always couldn't wait to get my box and started taking very good care of my face and my boyfriend's too! Lol, I will miss them. Definitely give them a try. You can cancel if you don't like it! Thanks!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I’m really shocked to see any bad reviews because I have had nothing but great experiences with Allure. I don’t mind that there is no customization because it’s a magazine and you're getting all the great products that the editors receive and try out. It’s really suppose to be a surprise box more than a customized box but with that said I get great products. The price went up recently but the products have gotten even better.

I had an awesome experience on the phone with allure. They gave me a promotion for the year of the old price which is $100 less. For the people who aren’t sure... the boxes are sent out on the third week of the month. I work for UPS so I know how far behind the post office and all shipping partners are right now so problem with shipping is usually due to the shipping company. My boxes always come the same time every month and they’re beautiful and I haven’t ever been disappointed because even if I get one good item it pays for the whole box.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Ordered! Charged! Allure sent CONFIRMATION mail, TRACKING code mentioned my name, surname, address, e-mail & all my info. I‘m happy, looking forward for my box. But..!! At the end of month, Post office calls to me & says that someone has the same tracking code as mine, on box its written her name, so they have to choose between me and her and because on box it's written her name, box belongs to her. I Contacted allure. They said to me stupid reason, they BLAME me that from my mail 2 orders they got, 1 approved (with this other girls name) and second rejected (with my current mail, from which I was writing to them).

I asked to post office, me to be connected to that girl, I contacted that girl, asked to forward her confirmation mail, of course I forwarded both confirmation e-mails to Allure to make them sure that it was their fault & messed up 2 mails and they sent 1 SAME tracking code to 2 different customers, but they ignored some of my e-mails, did not recognize their fault, so they sent 1 box for 2 persons, this girl got, me NO. Final conclusion.. Awful customer service!!!! They don’t even know how 1 disappointed customer = to lose minimum 10 potential future customers.

Original review: May 30, 2020

This box has the most value I’ve seen for subscription boxes so far - and it’s extremely affordable at $15 or less per month. I keep the boxes it ships in for storage. I’ve only been a subscriber for 2 months, but I’m extremely happy so far!

Allure Beauty Box author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Allure magazine focuses on beauty and fashion advice and news. The company also gives Best of Beauty Awards to cosmetic products. Their beauty boxes ship the contiguous United States and include at least six sample products.

• Editor curated: Items included in Allure’s beauty box are selected by the magazine’s editors.

• Mini magazine: Each Allure Beauty Box comes with a mini magazine that includes information about the products in the box as well as how-to guides and beauty tricks.

• Referral bonus: When existing customers refer friends who sign up, and enter the existing customer’s e-mail address, the existing customer will receive a free box. Customers can qualify for one free box each month.

• Gift: Consumers can purchase gift subscriptions for loved ones. Gift subscriptions are available for three, six, or twelve months.

• Savings: Consumers receive a discount on their first Allure Beauty Box, and those who choose to subscribe for a full year receive one box free. Customers can cancel subscriptions at any time.

Allure Beauty Box Company Information