4.13/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Allure Beauty Box

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 16, 2017

16 Allure Beauty Box Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I am a subscriber to It cosmetics, I like it because the makeup itself is light and provides full coverage without caking and it looks fresh all day and I have never heard of the other listed makeup boxes. I like that I can choose how many items I want and which items I receive and pay for it over 3 months. I also like that I know what I am getting and can order what I want or need, that they are also coming out with new products and expanding the line so you need to check with the website if you need or want something else. But the price is a little high, and they do not have online ordering to change and update what you receive. You have to call them but the customer service people were very knowledgeable, professional and accommodating. They say you can cancel at any time.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I heard about this brand from my cousin a while back. She said it’s the best sub she’s had and enjoys and looks forward to it so I gave it a try and I couldn’t be happier with it. It’s truly unique and high quality. The Allure Beauty Box is very well designed and thought out. It’s nice to be surprised with unique products within each customized professional looking box that is delivered to me. They did a great job making it look fancy and picking just the right needed products that make me happy. I have no complaints about it and recommend it. It’s definitely worthwhile to have and enjoy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I saw it advertised online and thought it would be a great way to try new beauty products without spending a lot of money on them first. I also was attracted to the ad showing some high-end cosmetics, like NARS. I liked the fact the box would contain some beauty products I'd never heard of, especially skin care products. I also liked the beauty tools that were included. However, I received a lot of products that I wouldn't use or colors outside of my palette. I would prefer it to be more customized, and I wish it had an option to be sent every other month as opposed to every month.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

The Allure Beauty Box was something I heard friends and coworkers talking about. I looked online and they had products closest to what my needs were. I like certain colors and styles and the personalization part of making toward what I wear and need versus randomly sending me things I may not use. I like certain types of makeup like eyeliner and cover up. The only thing I would add is more deals and discounts to people who buy, to have more selection and colors of brand items they include in the box, and to have different subscription boxes to choose from. Otherwise I enjoy the product they have now. Great products, A+.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I saw Allure online and it offered $5 off. It came with full-size products. The quality of the products was great. I am disabled so to have this delivered to my door each month is wonderful. I can have fun each month playing with my kit. It is only $15 a month and so exciting to receive. You never know what you will receive and I look forward to it each month. The Skinfix clay cleaner is wonderful and makes my face feel so soft. I also like the eyeshadow color and ease of use. But I wish all products were full size. I would also like it designed more for me and what I would want each month. So far, all the products have been very good. The eye shadow and lipstick colors are not always my color though. I wish there was more black eye circle concealers too. Overall it is good. I love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allure Beauty Box?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I had a coupon from a friend so I was able to order the box for half price. I enjoyed trying the new products. There were makeup items and fingernail items. It had also more items than I expected. I really only expected 3 or 4 items in the box so I was happy to see so many different items. They were full sized items not just sample sized. This surprised me also. I like that you can cancel for just a month or two if you need to and you don't have to stop your subscription. But I disliked that I had no choice in the type of product or in the final selection. Some items were products that I have never used and will never use.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I chose Allure Beauty Box because of how long it lasts. When water hits my face, my makeup doesn't come off. It's really good. When I eat, it doesn't smear on the food. It met all my expectations. However, bright colors aren't appealing to me and I disliked on how some colors were very bright. I prefer low, aesthetic colors that match my outfit. Bright colors stand out too much. Other than that, I like the quality and how unique it is. From all the others, I like the aesthetic colors. It blends in when I'm taking a photo. It's great for going out on parties as well. You should purchase and try it.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Love Allure magazine with new items for me to try. I'm busy working, so it's nice to have someone else shop for me... The chance to get new items without leaving my home. Easy to order and there's new items I may not even know about. Like the products and prices, as well as the colors, cost, variety. Every woman likes to get free items, or a lot more for our money. I would always like to get a surprise in my order as a big thank you.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I chose this plan for a online discount promotion and I appreciated the savings I would receive on my make up and other skincare products. I receive products like eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, lipgloss and other skin care products. I liked the variety of color palettes to choose from and it did meet my expectations somewhat. It was a lot like the other boxes that are out there. But there were still some flaws. Like ending up with too much make up that I didn't use because it just was not my color or I didn't like the way the make up felt or wear.

They should put a system in place that allows a certain number of things you can pick off of the website to specifically go in your box and a certain number of randoms. That way if you get a box you know there's something in there you're going to like and you don't end up with things you won't use. But I enjoyed the fact that I knew when my box would be coming every month as well as some randomness of the products.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I just saw a post on Facebook about the box. It included a free full size eyeshadow palette with the first box, so I tried it - it was also only 10.00 which was a good price. When I received the box, I got 2 perfume samples, a shampoo and conditioner sample, lip plumper and color, and a nail color. I also received an eyebrow shaper and a big blush brush. I liked everything. The quality of the products, the time it took to get the box, the cool little card telling me all about what was in the box. I also liked being able to share what was in my box on Facebook and Twitter easily. I don't like the price the following month, but I really feel it was worth it.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have used and been gifted other services including Birchbox and FabFitFun! They all have positives and negatives. I enjoyed the excitement when the package arrived. I liked receiving full sized products, high end products and things I normally wouldn't buy or know about. I would prefer everything to be full sized though. I would also like to pick things coming to me and to have the option to skip a month if the box didn't appeal to me.

Original review: July 26, 2017

This subscription service was recommended to me by a friend, and I decided to try. It was ok, it arrived on time and had a variety of things in it. It had makeup and skincare items and most of the items were very relevant to my daily routine. For example, basics in makeup (eyeliner, lipstick, etc.). It also has skin cleansers, which I liked. I hate samples and I like full sized objects. For the price, I feel like more should come with the subscription. I also would like for it to be more customizable, so that its maximum relevancy is met.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I enjoy getting samples of face creams as well as hair and makeup products to try first. I am always excited to see what is new to play with, to try new things and learn about other products for hair, makeup, and scents. I like the box containing the product and the variety of products inside. The packaging is cute and is like getting a surprise in the mail. I have also subscribed to Birchbox and I enjoy them both equally. They both supply many products and ones I never heard of as well as ones I have and was eager to try and experiment with.

You can explore new products and purchase them if you like from a sheet of paper with the prices. Too many hair products though. I would like more foundation and makeup samples. Sometimes there are many mascara samples that come rather than lipsticks or lipglosses. But I have learned a lot about different products from the beauty box and expanded my makeup horizon. I currently purchase many products I've tried.

Original review: July 22, 2017

It was a amazing "I love you" gift from my husband to make me feel special for Mother's Day as a woman to feel loved and pampered easily with cool stuff in it. Great sizes of products and selection of colors. Everything in the gift box included something that I did not realize how much I would love and work them on to my daily routine. This is the best way ever to try new products.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I chose this particular box because it's an affordable option for people with my income and came highly recommended from friends and family and also had very high reviews online of the affordability and ease of customer services for when I have complaints about a product I don't like. The customer service is amazing and I also enjoy the fact that if you don't like something you can call customer service and they will work with you to replace the product. Nothing has ever came shattered like with most companies because they have excellent packaging. It is pretty good quality make up for the price I'm paying compared to others. However I don't always get the colors or brands I want. I wish the shipping time was faster and maybe a little more product or larger size of the products. Would like a more diverse selection. Get way too dark of colors for my complexion and wish there was more hair care products.

Original review: July 20, 2017

A few of my friends have had good experiences and my wife had heard good things originally about Allure Beauty Box. She had been wanting to try it out for some time before I started the subscription. I noticed that the traffic on their web site seemed to be better than the others according to search results in Google. Their website was also easier to navigate.

My wife loves the quality of the products compared to ones at the major department stores, which are pretty expensive. It would be nice if the box came in different colors, or if I could order small organizing bags with each order that can also fit together as a whole organizational product/carrying system. I would have more elements for gifting/surprise experiences. But I like the colors available and that I can automatically send nice things to my wife each month, and there is always something she loves inside.

Allure Beauty Box expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Allure magazine focuses on beauty and fashion advice and news. The company also gives Best of Beauty Awards to cosmetic products. Their beauty boxes ship the contiguous United States and include at least six sample products.

• Editor curated: Items included in Allure’s beauty box are selected by the magazine’s editors.
    • Mini magazine: Each Allure Beauty Box comes with a mini magazine that includes information about the products in the box as well as how-to guides and beauty tricks.
    • Referral bonus: When existing customers refer friends who sign up, and enter the existing customer’s e-mail address, the existing customer will receive a free box. Customers can qualify for one free box each month.
    • Gift: Consumers can purchase gift subscriptions for loved ones. Gift subscriptions are available for three, six, or twelve months.
    • Savings: Consumers receive a discount on their first Allure Beauty Box, and those who choose to subscribe for a full year receive one box free. Customers can cancel subscriptions at any time.
    • Best for: Allure’s beauty boxes are designed for women and are best for makeup lovers and gift givers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs