1.61/5
  • 1 star
Based on 28 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: July 12, 2017

30 Ace Wigs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 12, 2017

Ordered a wig. Great price easy process. My order said "Processing" for days so I emailed to see why it had not shipped. No response. It said "Processing" for the full 7 business days it estimated and then all of a sudden turned to back ordered. I emailed again voicing my displeasure because had I known it was backordered I would not have placed the order to begin with and would have had one in my possession already. No response again. I called their customer no-service and the man that answered was very rude said I didn't know the wig industry and he is right because that is not my job that is his. He was a complete jerk. I hung up. Stay clear of this company!!!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I ordered a Noriko wig and I did not like the style. The bangs were just too much and they would not comb any other way, so I returned it. On my printed exchange slip, I asked for a replacement wig with the size and color I wanted. I sent the Noriko wig back immediately, priority mail, which would be 3-4 days to ship. I received the initial wig on May 26th and the returned wig was received by Ace on May 30th. I kept waiting for my exchange or at least some kind of information. I finally emailed several times and the last time I was told it would be arriving later in the week of June 9th. To no avail, I decide to call and on the 12th of June they say it shipped that very day and I should receive the wig on Wednesday 14th, OMGOSH!! What liars and what an ordeal.

I finally receive the exchange wig which looks like it has been worn. The hair is dead sticking straight up and cannot be tamed and of course I cannot wear it. Then to top it off they charge my credit card an additional $29 and change for a restocking fee and the cost to ship the exchange to me. I just refuse to believe any of this. When I talked to the service rep he was rude and acted like he was doing me a favor. I still cannot believe this. I got NO receipt, NO confirmation of what I had asked for on my exchange. One more thing, I never received any mailing info so I could track either order. WOW! And then to charge me restocking and shipping fees. I am really having trouble digesting this.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 6, 2017

I have been ordering Wigs for many years. I started with a local company but I started ordering online when they closed about 12 yrs ago. Ace Wigs was the first company I ordered from, and they were terrible. It was no reflection on the wig, as Ace is merely a distributor. However, it literally took months to receive a wig from them. Consequently, I took that into consideration and ordered early. I tried calling once, but that was a total waste of time. The owners, at least at that time, were foreign. All reviews were bad. The wigs I wanted were less expensive at Ace Wigs than anywhere else so I continued ordering from them. For awhile, I moved to another company, but I think they were sending me seconds because I had to return them for a replacement.

A third company had rude customer service. Eventually, I decided that I had no other alternative than to go back to ACE WIGS. I have been very pleasantly surprised! I received my second wig from them yesterday, and both this one and the last one arrived 5 days after I ordered them. The order was correct and this time, they even went further and sent to my specifications. I think the bad reviews have impacted the company and they are FINALLY making a concerted effort to please their customers. I'm not implying that there couldn't be problems to which they might not respond well, but I do believe that they have definitely improved in the speed of delivery, which was my biggest complaint about them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I ordered a wig from Ace Wigs. The website was easy to use, the prices were good, and they promised prompt processing and delivery. Alas, my experience was anything but easy. Five days after my order was placed, I hadn't received an email stating that my order had been shipped yet, so I emailed them asking for shipping information. No response. In fact, over the next several days I sent another two emails. No response. The deadline (orders received in five to ten business days) arrived and my order wasn't even marked as "processed" let alone shipped. I called twice. Voicemail, no response. I opened a dispute with Paypal that allows one to email the vendor, with Paypal keeping a record of both sides in case it becomes a claim. No response.

I call again, and this time, speak with a man to whom the descriptor "rude" is generous. He told me that he would ship my wig that day and send me an email with tracking information. "I'm not ** you," he said (an example of his refined speech and kind attention). Ok... So the next morning, I check my email. No shipping notice. I check my Ace Wigs customer account, The wig had not shipped. I called and asked, since the date that my wig was promised by was long past and he had promised to mail it yesterday, just when he expected to actually mail it. He said that "I promised to mail it yesterday or today, but I guess you didn't want to hear that." Sigh. Then he admits that the wig isn't in stock and he's waiting for it to arrive. He offers me a refund and I say, "Yes, please." He goes on to promise that he will process my refund that day.

Feeling frankly skeptical at this point, I go to the Paypal dispute and record the events as they have occurred, just to have a record while the "who said what and when" was fresh in my mind. End of day, you guessed it, no refund, but he HAD replied to Paypal, saying that I was unreasonable and wanted "microwave service" and that I "put words in his mouth". I was now certain that the only way I was going to resolve this was to escalate this to a Paypal claim. Paypal asked for a tracking number from the vendor. He responded "In-house tracking xxo." In other words, he just made something up. Paypal refunded my money, but if I hadn't filed a claim, there is no knowing when, or if I'd ever have got either the wig I ordered or my money back. Others have mentioned how rude and angry this fellow is. All I can say is that my experience certainly confirms this.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I ordered from this place and there was a mix up with the shipment. I called and Mr. ** answered. It was a simple question and he gets angry regardless of the situation and suddenly ends the calls. I finally got my product only after several calls to Mr. ** to get the shipping number. I know this sounds funny and to some degree it was but it took persistence to get the information that Mr. ** needed to give to me. I am thinking I would use another company in case something goes wrong. Good luck with Mr. **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Wigs?

Original review: June 15, 2016

I ordered the wig 2 months ago. I have alopecia universalis and am desperate for a new wig and the conditioner I ordered. Since last week I have been talking to their customer complaints department, who are very rude and abusive towards me. I am now asking for a full refund, but all I get are nasty comments in reply.

Original review: March 2, 2016

I wish I had checked reviews first like I usually do. Why I didn't this time, I don't know, but I do regret it now. I purchased two wigs from Ace. The first is beautiful; the second is hideous. I sent an email to their customer service to tell them how happy I am with the first wig and very good description of why I love it so much. Then told them about the second wig. It looks like it was a returned item that someone cut on. The bangs are a mess and it is so poorly made, you can see where the fibers are attached to the bands. There are literally stripes that are visible on the crown where the multi colors were sewn on in chunks. It appears to have been washed and possibly repacked while wet, but you can still smell that someone wore it previously. Absolutely awful and unacceptable.

In my email to them, I was far more diplomatic in my description, but now I know that's a language they do not understand. Perhaps they'll understand it better when the BBB contacts them. After 3 days I received a reply, and I quote, "I apologize, I have 100 emails to get to. I cannot read this many paragraphs" and added a link to their website. Are you serious? I called and spoke with the same rude man I presume the other complainants spoke with. When I told him about Kim's email, he acted offended that I would question how busy they are. I've never been so offended by anyone's "service" before. He kept talking over me and was only interested in telling me about all their technical issues. I said I could understand when a company has growing pains, when he interrupted me to say very loudly that they are NOT having growing pains, it's been like this for 17 years, and hung up on me.

I phoned back to ask his name so I could include it in my dispute. He refused and said I shouldn't do that because it "would do no one any good". That sounds threatening to me. He then started yelling over me again, saying he gets calls all day long from people like me "who think you rule the world", and that he's been listening to it for 17 years. Before I hung up, I asked him if he'd never stopped to think that if this has been going on that long, MAYBE the problem isn't with his customers. If you read this review and order from Ace Wigs anyway, you have only yourself to blame. I'd rather pay more and be treated with respect. That person and his horrible company will never see another dime from me, and if I'm successful, I'll get my dimes back for the one wig that looked worth about a dime. That man has been in the business about 16 years too long. I am stunned.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2016

I ordered a Raquel Welch wig that I did not like the quality (you could see the cap on top!) and color of, so I returned it. On my printed exchange slip, I asked for a replacement wig with the size and color I wanted. I sent the Raquel wig back immediately, priority mail, which would be 3-4 days to ship and this was mid-January. I kept waiting for my exchange. I finally called around February 7 to ask why I still didn't have my Angelique replacement wig. The man was pretty rude and said, "Well, we didn't even log it in until Feb. 1, so it took you a long time to return the wig." That was a LIE. He said my exchange wig would be shipped that week and I would probably receive it Friday or Saturday. The following week, on Tuesday, I received it but the Angelique I asked for was in a large size, and my return wig was an average size. I thought I had ordered Shaded Praline, but this wig was in Shaded Sun, which I don't like on me.

I got NO receipt, NO confirmation of what I had asked for on my exchange, and I mistakenly didn't photocopy my exchange slip. I emailed and asked him to confirm what I had asked for, and pointed out that if they made an error in the color and size, I should be able to return it. Still no answer. I just emailed again today questioning why I didn't get a reply to my email nor did I never see an invoice or receipt for this whole messy transaction. Oh yes, when I talked to him about their very steep restocking fee of $25-$50, he was being very defensive telling me how long it takes to repackage a wig that has been returned. I will never, ever order from AceWigs again, no matter how low their prices. To not even supply a receipt, or a reply to an email, is incredibly poor customer service. I buy a lot of wigs, as do most of us wig addicts, so it's HIS loss.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

This company DOES have good prices. That is probably why I stuck it out so long. And if you simply order a wig and keep it with no return no interaction with the company itself all goes well. I recommend them. Much cheaper than going to a wig store. So if you are like me you'll order a wig hope it "works"! BUT if it does not and you have to return it trying to work with their return process, their credit processing and with the owner "Kim" well... good luck! Ace Wigs appears to have a very sub-standard accounting system.

They appear to be somewhat lax and I have had trouble each and every time I have returned a wig over a period of years! Even knowing there was a hefty re-stocking charge it is their policy when returning an item I accepted but trying to work with "Kim" was the final straw... and I now have changed my supplier and they are SO fair, nice and helpful on the phone. Re: Ace Wigs. Basically I returned a wig asking for a credit on the actual return slip that I sent along with the wig to apply toward the purchase of my next wig which I ordered.

They did NOT issue me the credit, but charged me full-price for the new wig. NOW WHY would I order a wig and NOT use the credit on my account? In the "conversation" with Kim that followed, we both got rude... resulting in him hanging up on me. Apparently this is his M.O. when he gets mad and frustrated with a customer (after reading some other reviews). I"M DONE WITH ACE! Like I said if you plan to order a wig keep it and no interaction with the owners and NO returns, no credits due, no problem!

But I've had nothing but customer service issues with this company. The money I have saved is not that much (considering their re-stocking charge) and when added to all the frustration working with the owner, I've reached the end. Check out other companies... there are some great ones out there where Customer Service is important to them!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Beware of ordering from this company. When you purchase something - one expects a brand new product. To begin with, the wig came in a crushed box, and upon opening it, a definitely used wig. (I have ordered many from another online reputable company and know what a new wig looks like). I emailed first, then called Ace Wigs. I reached a man on the phone who told me that he cannot refund me. I told him that he sent me a used item and that I want a full refund. This was 8/30/15. To date, I have not received a refund and now I have to dispute the charge with my bank. Do yourself a favor, save yourself precious time and energy and buy a wig from a reputable wig company - there are many out there - but ACE WIGS is not a good company AT ALL.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

I purchased the Stevie Wig from Ace Wigs for $174.00 in August of 2015. It took more than 2 weeks to receive it when it was only 1 state away. When it arrived the bangs were all bent and out of shape and it smelled something awful. I felt as if I got a wig that had already been used! Gross!!! I contacted the company and they said they'd exchange it so I paid another $10 to ship it back. 2 weeks later they sent me the same wig I just paid to return stating that it had been used. I will never shop here again. I just lost $185! This company shouldn't be in business and I'll make sure and write complaints all over the internet so that this doesn't happen to someone else.

Original review: April 9, 2015

Bad customer service/false statements. ** is very rude and nasty man. He gave me false information and never answer any of my questions. I feel like this company is a scam and a fraud. Do not buy from Ace wigs. I never received the item and I was charged. Reporting to bad business bureau.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

AceWigs.com is a TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, UNRELENTING, BURGLARY outfit. I ordered once and it took six months, never received the wig. FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY I actually was given a VERY, VERY RELUCTANT refund. That was a few years ago. I swore I would NEVER buy from them again. Stupidly, I fell for a sale that was too good to pass up. It had been a couple of years since the first fiasco, so I ordered. WHAT AN IDIOT!!! They are still up to their old tricks. They sent me the wig but in the wrong size. I can't even get the stupid thing on my head. The size I ordered was on their website (my order site) AND on the invoice when I got the wig. IT WAS THEIR FAULT.

I have not heard from them since: not after 2 emails and 2 voice messages. I complained to my credit card company which told me to "try one more time." Which I did, telling them I was filing a complaint with them to Citicards and it would be in their best interest to send me what I ordered. Surprise, surprise - I still haven't heard from them. I'm calling Citicards tomorrow morning, hoping they can do something. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy from this company. THEY STEAL FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD. WHY, WHY, WHY ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS?????

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

I ordered a wig for the second time from them and problems persisted. The first time I had slow shipment, wrong item sent, slow return/replacement process. STILL... I ordered another a few months later b/c of described quality and price. That was Aug 3rd. Today is Oct 13th. I e-mailed 3 times asking for a status and received NO RESPONSES. I called two weeks ago and "owner?" said that I wasn't home to sign for it (huh??...lie!), and that he would resend via priority mail. (Why didn't he contact me directly when he received it back "undeliverable"???) I called him again tonight. (Two weeks for priority mail???) He said it must have been returned again. (Huh?? What kind of business owner is this??) He never contacted me when it was "returned again" and hung up on me when I asked why my 3 e-mails were never responded to. THERE ARE PLENTY OF PLACES TO BUY WIGS. GO ELSEWHERE. RUN! DON'T WALK.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2014

I emailed the company and asked why monofilament wigs were higher priced than the others. The reply I got from Kim was "Because they stimulate your scalp." I thought that was a joke. Why would a wig need to stimulate a place where hair doesn't grow. I wrote back and told him that was not the correct answer. He told me I was rude and to take my rudeness elsewhere and not buy from them. He said he has been doing this for 16 years. Wrong, I might say. Now I know who Kim is from the other person's complaint.

Original review: July 2, 2014

I ordered a wig that was put on back order. Called them, emailed them. No response. Finally they charged my card for a wig I never received. Man who answered, Kim, was rude and condescending. Said I was wrong, they never charged me and that I couldn't read my charge statement. I called Chase Visa, they gave me a credit. I will let others know what a bad company.

Original review: March 26, 2014

Firstly, let me say that I have ordered items from Ace Wigs several times in the past. I have areas of balding from chemotherapy treatment and must wear a wig. I recently ordered a wig from Ace, received it and promptly repacked it in the box exactly as it arrived. The wig was the wrong color and style (my fault). I did NOT try it on, nor did I comb it out or remove any tags. I replaced the wig in the hairnet and covered it over with the protective paper - as I said, unworn.

I then accessed Ace's website, printed out the return form and filled it out, requesting a different wig style and color. I also added the required difference in the cost of the original and replacement items, as well as the restocking fee, willing to pay Ace when it exchanged the original wig for the replacement. I returned the wig the next day, along with this paperwork, in its original inner box and mailing box. I got what I thought was the replacement wig yesterday and opened up the box: There was the original wig - no hairnet, no tags, and all messed up!

I then called Ace's customer service department. I explained what had happened. Whoever the representative was (a man) accused me of returning the original wig in "unsellable" condition. I then told him how I had returned it to Ace. He persisted in accusing me of returning the wig in a "mess." After several rounds of useless and fruitless arguing, I told him to buy himself a nice dinner with my money - and that he had lost yet another customer.

After reading the many similar complaints on this website, I was not surprised at how poorly I was treated. He didn't even offer to come to a reasonable compromise with me. AND, I totally resent his implication that I was the one who lied! Either he, himself, or someone in his employ removed the tags and hairnet and really messed up the wig. Ace Wigs? Never again - I don't do business with sleazy, scamming, underhanded and unethical companies.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2014

Yes they are cheap two wigs look the same. Beware you get what you pay for. Name brand wigs is a much better company and the wigs look like they have never been used.

Original review: July 10, 2013

I have done business with Ace off and on for 10 years, and they are bar none, the worst wig company on the internet. For example, I recently ordered a wig on 6-25. It did not arrive until THREE WEEKS LATER. When I emailed them last week asking where the wig was, I was informed that I did not pay for faster shipping. She informed me that their customers don't mind the slow shipping because of the lower prices. Gee, what am I, if not a "customer?" She was rude and argumentative and made it very clear she did not give a hoot if she lost my business or not.

And no, they do not get their wigs from China as another poster said here. (Although I can understand why you thought so!) They get them from wig companies in the US. The truth is that Ace just does not care about your time schedule. They only care about theirs! And if you are lucky, and the spirit moves them, they will order your wig and then ship it out to them. But they are no hurry because according to them, "our customers don't mind waiting a little longer!"

Original review: May 17, 2013

I have ordered from Ace Wigs for many years and have never had a problem. I notice that most complaints about this company are related to the amount of time it takes to receive orders from this company. It is true that the wigs do not arrive promptly, but I suspect that the wigs are probably special ordered from China, in most cases, and it takes time for the orders to be fulfilled and shipped. They do not tell you this, naturally, and like most Chinese, they don't like to disappoint which is why they put you off or hang up rather than to face the truth.

If speed of service is a necessity, do not order from this company. However, I have compared prices and their prices are some of the lowest around. The quality of the wigs is as good as anywhere else. If you can wait a month or so for delivery, I would highly recommend this company. If you cannot, go elsewhere.

Original review: May 15, 2013

They advertise low prices just outside of business hours. They say it is so their suppliers don't see the low prices (probably so they aren't alert to the scam of the low profit margin and something isn't right). What they do when you place an order is they send the wrong item, wrong color, in talking to other people a lower priced item in its place, etc. When you call about first, Kim denies it. In my case, I only wear blonde wigs and certainly would never order or wear a black wig that would look horrible on me. After finally getting Kim to agree the wrong color is sent, he says he will send a call tag to send it back in. He says he will not be exchanging it, only refunding, hmm. Of course the call tag box never arrives so I send it back out of my own money.

Over a month later, I get a refund. The only problem is it is only a partial refund since he is now accusing me of wearing a wig which I never ordered and would never want to wear. Bait and switch but worse. They falsely advertise low prices knowing it will never result in a sale because they send the wrong item or a less expensive item. When you send it back, they accuse you of wearing the item so that is how they make their money - by accusing you of wearing the item which you never wanted and never ordered in the first place, so that they can give you just a partial refund and repeat the scam to the next victim by sending this wig out again and again. They have no intention of making a legitimate sale scam! Their website says his wife died of cancer and he has all these kids. I am sure that is a complete lie to try to cover this scam sham organized crime against cancer patients fighting for their lives who don't have the time to deal with this. Kim and Sean will be behind bars soon!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2012

I ordered a wig for $199 (human hair) and paid $28 for rush. After 90 days, I still have not received my hair. Being a single mom with alopecia (and raising a child with cerebral palsy), taking this money for myself was a big expense. I called and called, emailed, contacted Kim and he will not respond. He took one call after the wig did not arrive on time and told me that particular wig came from China and it would take a few weeks. Don't order from these people. All they have is a bunch of old stock pieces. I filed a report with PayPal but they will not do anything to help. Ace Wigs is a total rip off!

Original review: May 18, 2012

I ordered a wig for my Mom on May 5, 2012 for Mother's Day. I paid $28 express shipping to get the wig to El Paso by Thursday (May 10th) or Friday (May 11th). The wig did not arrive by Thursday, May 10th, so I called Ace Wigs on Friday, May 11th, to find out the status. The owner said I should receive it by the following Monday (May 14th) or Tuesday (May 15th) and he said he was sorry it was not there by Mother's Day, but that he did the best he could. When the wig did not arrive Monday (May 14th) or Tuesday (May 15th), I called on Wednesday (May 16th) to find out the status. I talked to the owner again and was told that the wig was on back order and would not be in until the first of June 2012.

I told the owner that I did not want to be charged for the $28 express shipping since it would be three weeks before my Mom got her wig and that was not express delivery. He said that I have not been charged for the wig or shipping yet and that the express delivery fee would not be charged. He said I would not be charged until the wig shipped in early June. I looked at my account on Friday, May 18th and saw that my account was charged $95 ($67 for the wig and $28 express shipping). I called the owner again and told him my card was charged the full amount of $95 and that I should not have been charged at all until the wig shipped in early June (minus the $28 express delivery fee).

He told me the wig was shipped on May 16th. I questioned him about why he told me originally that my Mom would receive it on Monday (May 14th) or Tuesday (May 15th) and then was told it was on back order until early June, just to find out it shipped on May 16th. He said he was just too busy with too many orders. I asked when I would be credited the $28 for the express shipping and he said soon. When I asked him again for a more specific date so I could track to make sure the credit was received, he said that this is the last time he would allow me to order from Ace Wigs and that I was being put on the black list. I told him at that point to cancel my order completely and refund my entire $95 and he slammed the phone down and hung up on me.

Original review: May 8, 2012

Does Kim run this business from his basement? It takes forever to get your item, overcharges on shipping, won't take returns/exchanges even though their rules on the website state something else. I'm very saddened to see how this company has abused other people's trust, took advantage of them and ripped them off. I would contact the CA state attorney and BBB, and keep on reviewing so others don't fall prey. I wanted to exchange what I had purchased, so I sent my item back. This company messed around and took forever and then ended up sending me back the wig saying that it was outside of their 14-day limit and that brand wasn't allowed to be exchanged. Terrible, bitter, nasty owner called me and said I wouldn't prevail if I did a bank dispute and that bald people are stupid. Yet he works with supplying wigs to people. He could care less about helping people, as long as he keeps ripping people off and getting away with it. All the same to him.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2012

I ordered a wig and exchanged it for another color. I was charged $25 restocking fee and they kept the return and restocking fee and never sent the replacement. I tried daily to contact them. They would either put me on hold and never return to phone or say they could not hear me (pathetic business practice). Pay Pal filed dispute and I was awarded a refund. I never received the restocking fee, however. Do not do bsuiness with them. They are a scam co. Never believe Sean. He is a liar. The only good comment on their web site, he wrote himself.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2011

I ordered a wig from Acewigs company a month ago. My order status was shipped one day later and I did not receive the wig. I called them, emailed them many times to learn about my postal track number but they never get back to me about that. I have breast cancer and lost all my hair. Now, I understand that they ripped me and so upset about that. Someone should stop them.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2011

On 9/19/2011, I purchased a wig for my 13 years old granddaughter. She has Alopecia Totalis. She went bald and will never grow hair again. I also purchased an agreement to expedite the shipment to be delivered within 7-10 days. On 9/29/2011, we had not received the wig so my wife called Ace Wigs and asked the status of order #**. She was told that they would look into it and would call back. Five hours later, she called back and was informed that the item was returned to them due to a wrong zip code. They told her that she could expect the delivery on Monday, 10/3/2011.

Now, I run a shipping department and I can tell you for a fact that there was no way to get a package shipped from NV to MA and back to NV within a weekend. If it indeed have the wrong zip code, the carrier would have contacted the shipper to get dispensation. Either way, it would sit on a dock in MA for the weekend. So tell me, how did they get it returned? They didn't, they lied. So anyways, after 6:00PM and still no wig, I called to acquire the status of the wig. I was told they would check into it again and would call me back. I waited about two hours and called back. I admit I was a little upset by this time.

When I asked the status of the order, I was told the earliest I could expect the wig would be Friday of the week, 10/7/2011. I told them that this was unacceptable and that they had the means to get it delivered on the next day or 2-day delivery. They hung up on me. When I called back, I asked if by chance (I knew better) that we were disconnected? Guess what, it happened again. I decided to go online and send an email to them. When I logged on, I found an email from them stating that my order was canceled.

Now, I had no problem with that until I started reading their cancellation policy. In essence, I will lose my money of approximately $60 because they will take $25.00 or 50% of the order, whichever is the highest, and give me a store credit for the balance. Why in the world would I want a store credit from this guy? He didn't do what was promised and as far as I can tell, I'm not the only one he has done this to. Upon reading other complaints about this company, I am very sorry to have trusted them to deliver a wig for my granddaughter. This business should be shut down for consumer fraud. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2011

I ordered a wig from Ace Wig & Hair company. It was to take 7-10 days to come, but was taking longer. So, I called them and the guy named Sean, told me that it was on the back order, but he have it and would be shipping it out right away. It never came. I called him back, and then the games began. It was still on the back order. He said that they already have it, etc and etc. I was told to advise my bank to give me back the money, which is just a one big game. Someone needs to stop this guy or these people -- who ever they are. I need my money, and as of this day, I never got it. Please stop these people.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2010

I always ordered wigs from Ace Wigs.com. There is nothing bad to say, good wigs, quick service, responsible. Since 7/8 years my order is placed around early December to expect to have it around Christmas. But this year I put an order on 09/12, an order for 5 wigs for approximately 750 USD. It seems to have been shipped (only 3 because the other colors were not available anymore). I do have a store credit of 270 USD with, of course no refunds acceptable.

For 2 weeks I have been trying to reach them on the phone; it's only an answer machine repeating the same thing everyday that the office is open from 9 to 4 and if you want to place an order. So what can I do ? What happened with Ace Wig? Maybr you can give me some contacts. My daughter has full alopecia so she really need to wear wigs and the wigs from Ace Wigs are wonderful, beautiful and cheaper. I really want to know what happened to them and if necessary to recoup my store credit. Many thanks.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2009

I placed an order on 9/28/09. One of the hair pieces was discontinued. They charged me for the hair piece, and I have not received my refund yet. They should have charged me for the hairpieces they shipped, not the one that was discontinued. The hair piece in question was almost $100.

Ace Wigs expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Based out of Bodega Bay, California, Ace Wigs is an online wig shop featuring classic wig designs for women, men and girls at discount prices. It has been in operation since 1996 and also offers partial wigs and wiglets, wig care products and mannequins for wig storage.

• Large color selection: Most wigs and hair pieces available for purchase come in many colors and shades, many in 20 or more. Customers should choose a style they like before selecting a color for the best selection.

• Monthly specials: In addition to its already discounted prices, Ace Wigs offers monthly promotions and discount codes. Be sure to check the website’s home page for a discount code, which you can then enter at checkout.

• Many sizes: Ace Wigs offers wigs in six sizes, ranging from Ultra Petite to Large. Ace Wigs’ inventory is searchable by size, which makes it easier to find wigs that will fit you properly. Although around 90 percent of adult women wear an average sized wig, those who fall outside these averages (as well as children and men) are likely to find the size listings helpful.

• Top brands: Ace Wigs carries many brands, among them several top sellers including Noriko, Revlon, Jon Renau, Raquel Welch and others. Since these brands are usually easy to find in brick-and-mortar wig shops, it might help to visit one and find a style you like before ordering online.

• Style selection: Ace Wigs website is searchable by hair type and style, with categories for length, straight styles, wavy styles, curly and extra curly styles. There are many options in every category; in fact, Ace Wigs offers over 4,000 wigs altogether.

• Best for: women, men and girls looking for classic wig designs at discount prices.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs