2. Shopping
  3. Wigs

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.53/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Ace Wigs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Wigs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ace Wigs?

Original review: June 24, 2020

I was quite excited to order my wig as it was very light highlighted blonde, with nice waves—Very similar to my color which is a pale wheat. Because I am experiencing hair loss and health issues I wanted a wig that wouldn’t be obvious to others that I was wearing one, and thereby advertise my failing health. The wig I was sent was a medium brown—“pecan” by their color charts. After many attempts I got someone to confirm by photos and email that indeed the color on the website was a far cry from the actual color. The customer service rep stated “they must have had a really bright light when they took that photo.”.

But in spite of that, they refused to honor their policy to replace wigs that were not as advertised. They charged me an exchange fee of $30 (the wig cost $130 plus $10 shipping). Plus I had to pay shipping of $10 in both directions and wait a month for replacement—so they added another $50 to the cost of my wig—no longer a good deal at all. During that time they did not answer any emails or return any telephone calls. I finally got an email when they wanted more money for the exchange and shipping.

By the way, IF you are still tempted to order from this website, I cannot recommend ordering any “wavy” wigs from this site, either. During the wait, I read all the reviews and none of the wavy wigs met with expectations. Like mine, they were almost straight in places and all customer posted photos were really unattractive. There are many other sites, and people seem to like several of them a lot.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I have been ordering from Kim at Ace Wigs for 3-5 years. His prices are often the lowest. But he is dishonest. A few years ago, we agreed that I would pay up front for three wigs at a lower price if I paid in advance. But when they arrived at his company, he forced me to pay more than what we had agreed on. I stayed away for a long time after that. I bought one a few months ago with no problems. But today, I just received the wrong wig from him. The brand and color was the same, but the style and length was way off. I can understand the mistake. The model numbers were similar at 2544 and 2555.

I called him up to let him know and he would not let me buy the right one for the same price, but instead he tried to jack it up another $40.00! Kim admitted sending me the wrong wig (which was very very short, and the one that I had ordered was much longer) but he refused to send me the right one for the same price. The one sent was much cheaper. He has still not refunded me my money either. He is just not worth hassle. You have to be on guard all the time.

Get buying tips about Wigs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

Ace Wigs is not a reputable company. Even though their prices are competitive, their service is very poor. I ordered a name brand wig, average size, and a child’s version was sent. I complained and sent it back. I was told it only comes in one size and they returned it to me. I checked other websites and there are different sizes. There are no refunds. I am stuck with it so I will donate it to a cancer center which is the only redeeming factor. They do not respond to emails or phone messages. I kept calling numerous times. Learned my lesson about discount wig companies. Don’t waste your time or money.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Ordered my wig. Paid. Checked out on their terms and conditions. There’s nothing whatsoever mentioned about tax customs or extra additional charges apply etc etc. Item got stuck in customs down south of UK and they wanted an extra £27.00 to deliver it. I contacted Ace about where my wig was to be told it’s held at customs and I’d have to pay their fee to get the item? I asked about cancelling and or a refund to be told, “We don’t give refunds under any circumstances?” Far as I’m concerned they’re breaking the law online for all buyers whom buy from them!!! Last few emails I’ve sent to them I’ve had 0 replies. So far Here are come of Visa's new dispute reason codes.16 Aug 2016.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I ordered a hair piece. Order no ** in September 12, they back ordered due to the hair color was not available to Oct 30, then they said they will send it. It's November 7 and still waiting for it. I have written 4 emails and messages. They do not reply any of them. Their customer service non existent, they simply ignore all my emails and purchase record. Where can I turn to make them responsible???

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I ordered an Estetica wig from Ace Wigs in February 2018. Initially the order said processing. Several days later it changed to back ordered. In June I emailed and was told that the particular color I wanted had not come in as yet. In August I called again and I offered to get another wig that was in stock and asked for a PayPal invoice to pay the additional money. Once again, I never received the invoice or the wig. I called again in September and left a message, but no response from Ace. I emailed and still no response. I am not giving up on a refund or my wig. I will call and email until I get either a refund or the wig I ordered. I also emailed Estetica Wig Company to alert them as to the caliber of their distributor. I don't think that they will be happy with Ace Wigs ripping people off and blaming Estetica. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

Ordered a wig. Great price easy process. My order said "Processing" for days so I emailed to see why it had not shipped. No response. It said "Processing" for the full 7 business days it estimated and then all of a sudden turned to back ordered. I emailed again voicing my displeasure because had I known it was backordered I would not have placed the order to begin with and would have had one in my possession already. No response again. I called their customer no-service and the man that answered was very rude said I didn't know the wig industry and he is right because that is not my job that is his. He was a complete jerk. I hung up. Stay clear of this company!!!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I ordered a Noriko wig and I did not like the style. The bangs were just too much and they would not comb any other way, so I returned it. On my printed exchange slip, I asked for a replacement wig with the size and color I wanted. I sent the Noriko wig back immediately, priority mail, which would be 3-4 days to ship. I received the initial wig on May 26th and the returned wig was received by Ace on May 30th. I kept waiting for my exchange or at least some kind of information. I finally emailed several times and the last time I was told it would be arriving later in the week of June 9th. To no avail, I decide to call and on the 12th of June they say it shipped that very day and I should receive the wig on Wednesday 14th, OMGOSH!! What liars and what an ordeal.

I finally receive the exchange wig which looks like it has been worn. The hair is dead sticking straight up and cannot be tamed and of course I cannot wear it. Then to top it off they charge my credit card an additional $29 and change for a restocking fee and the cost to ship the exchange to me. I just refuse to believe any of this. When I talked to the service rep he was rude and acted like he was doing me a favor. I still cannot believe this. I got NO receipt, NO confirmation of what I had asked for on my exchange. One more thing, I never received any mailing info so I could track either order. WOW! And then to charge me restocking and shipping fees. I am really having trouble digesting this.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I have been ordering Wigs for many years. I started with a local company but I started ordering online when they closed about 12 yrs ago. Ace Wigs was the first company I ordered from, and they were terrible. It was no reflection on the wig, as Ace is merely a distributor. However, it literally took months to receive a wig from them. Consequently, I took that into consideration and ordered early. I tried calling once, but that was a total waste of time. The owners, at least at that time, were foreign. All reviews were bad. The wigs I wanted were less expensive at Ace Wigs than anywhere else so I continued ordering from them. For awhile, I moved to another company, but I think they were sending me seconds because I had to return them for a replacement.

A third company had rude customer service. Eventually, I decided that I had no other alternative than to go back to ACE WIGS. I have been very pleasantly surprised! I received my second wig from them yesterday, and both this one and the last one arrived 5 days after I ordered them. The order was correct and this time, they even went further and sent to my specifications. I think the bad reviews have impacted the company and they are FINALLY making a concerted effort to please their customers. I'm not implying that there couldn't be problems to which they might not respond well, but I do believe that they have definitely improved in the speed of delivery, which was my biggest complaint about them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I ordered a wig from Ace Wigs. The website was easy to use, the prices were good, and they promised prompt processing and delivery. Alas, my experience was anything but easy. Five days after my order was placed, I hadn't received an email stating that my order had been shipped yet, so I emailed them asking for shipping information. No response. In fact, over the next several days I sent another two emails. No response. The deadline (orders received in five to ten business days) arrived and my order wasn't even marked as "processed" let alone shipped. I called twice. Voicemail, no response. I opened a dispute with Paypal that allows one to email the vendor, with Paypal keeping a record of both sides in case it becomes a claim. No response.

I call again, and this time, speak with a man to whom the descriptor "rude" is generous. He told me that he would ship my wig that day and send me an email with tracking information. "I'm not ** you," he said (an example of his refined speech and kind attention). Ok... So the next morning, I check my email. No shipping notice. I check my Ace Wigs customer account, The wig had not shipped. I called and asked, since the date that my wig was promised by was long past and he had promised to mail it yesterday, just when he expected to actually mail it. He said that "I promised to mail it yesterday or today, but I guess you didn't want to hear that." Sigh. Then he admits that the wig isn't in stock and he's waiting for it to arrive. He offers me a refund and I say, "Yes, please." He goes on to promise that he will process my refund that day.

Feeling frankly skeptical at this point, I go to the Paypal dispute and record the events as they have occurred, just to have a record while the "who said what and when" was fresh in my mind. End of day, you guessed it, no refund, but he HAD replied to Paypal, saying that I was unreasonable and wanted "microwave service" and that I "put words in his mouth". I was now certain that the only way I was going to resolve this was to escalate this to a Paypal claim. Paypal asked for a tracking number from the vendor. He responded "In-house tracking xxo." In other words, he just made something up. Paypal refunded my money, but if I hadn't filed a claim, there is no knowing when, or if I'd ever have got either the wig I ordered or my money back. Others have mentioned how rude and angry this fellow is. All I can say is that my experience certainly confirms this.

Ace Wigs author review by ConsumerAffairs

Based out of Bodega Bay, California, Ace Wigs is an online wig shop featuring classic wig designs for women, men and girls at discount prices. It has been in operation since 1996 and also offers partial wigs and wiglets, wig care products and mannequins for wig storage.

• Large color selection: Most wigs and hair pieces available for purchase come in many colors and shades, many in 20 or more. Customers should choose a style they like before selecting a color for the best selection.

• Monthly specials: In addition to its already discounted prices, Ace Wigs offers monthly promotions and discount codes. Be sure to check the website’s home page for a discount code, which you can then enter at checkout.

• Many sizes: Ace Wigs offers wigs in six sizes, ranging from Ultra Petite to Large. Ace Wigs’ inventory is searchable by size, which makes it easier to find wigs that will fit you properly. Although around 90 percent of adult women wear an average sized wig, those who fall outside these averages (as well as children and men) are likely to find the size listings helpful.

• Top brands: Ace Wigs carries many brands, among them several top sellers including Noriko, Revlon, Jon Renau, Raquel Welch and others. Since these brands are usually easy to find in brick-and-mortar wig shops, it might help to visit one and find a style you like before ordering online.

• Style selection: Ace Wigs website is searchable by hair type and style, with categories for length, straight styles, wavy styles, curly and extra curly styles. There are many options in every category; in fact, Ace Wigs offers over 4,000 wigs altogether.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team