Sensa Weight Loss

Valencia, CA

Out of Business

Compare Weight Loss Programs

Research top Weight Loss Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am happy to say I have had a most pleasant experience with my use of Sensa. It was everything they said it would be, and I lost over 40 lbs. The only thing I think was misleading about it was the advertising. Like they would say these people lost a hundred lbs in so many months, too few, if you ask me, and I don't know if anyone could lose a 100lbs with it. I didn't need to lose 100lbs, and now I really don't. I just think people were so quick to judge it, because they could possibly have not been using it the way it was supposed to be used.

I am here to say that it worked like a charm with me, but then again, I followed the directions. You have to be very consistent and put it on everything you put in your mouth, except liquids. If you cannot commit, then you should not try it in the first place. In fact, this product worked so well, I continued to use it, and have used it for several years now, just repeating the cycle when finished with month number 6. I think that it is great in helping a person to also maintain, and no, you might not ever lose any more, when you have lost all the weight your body, metabolism, and physical chemistry and make up has allowed you to, but it will definitely help you to maintain that weight. I know what I am talking about, because I am living proof that it has worked for me, and now, I will be without it, because of the company going out of business.

I am sure I will continue to stay where I am weight wise, but it is just a shame that it had to go out, because so many people had to complain that it did not work for them. These people just did not use it correctly and commit to using it on everything they put in their mouth. This product was just like someone giving you the keys to the kingdom, and all you had to do is follow a few simple rules, and everything would be yours. I admitted that the hype they put into the advertising was not good, but anything and everything else was. There are no stimulants in it, and that is wonderful, because so many weight loss products are, and there is nothing else in it that is harmful, at least not to the Dr.'s I have asked.

The only other negative thing about the product is that it is/was a little pricey, but on the average, if you were to go up against it vs a lot of those other weight loss products that are advertised, you would find the price very reasonable. Now, I have to agree with the person who said the chews did not work and were not tasty either. They were yucky, but the major Sensa product, the Tastant, was wonderful, and I stand behind my comment 100%. I am sure sad to see it had to go off the market and they had to quit producing it. It worked great for me, and I went from 160 down to 122 and sometimes once in a while have weighed in at 117 - 118, but I have always hovered around the 120 mark. Great product. Sorry to say I will have to look for another one in the future if I need it.

I was very pleased with Sensa. I went from a size 11-12 to 5-6. I can also fit into a size 3-4. Maybe Sensa is just not for everyone, judging from all of the bad reviews. However, the chews were a waste of money for me. When I called for a refund the company had gone out of business.

This Sensa Powder did absolutely nothing to help me lose weight! It was a total rip off! They only sent one box and charged me for two. When I explained I only got one box, they called me a liar (not using those exact words but close enough). They were very rude. Don't buy Sensa drink either. It doesn't do anything for you except take your money!

I love this product Sensa and have been very successful on it. I am very shocked to read that people haven't had the same outcome. So sad to hear about this company.

I used Sensa for years and lost between 30-40 pounds. Once I couldn't afford it and cancel my order. It was deducted from my account. But I called in and my account was credited with 89.95. So sorry for those for whom it didn't work. I and my granddaughter was satisfied with Sensa and would buy it again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sensa Weight Loss?

I am very surprised to hear about Sensa. I have spent a lot of money on this stuff!!! I did not lose weight. I did everything they said. I honestly wish I could get my hard earned money back. Very disappointed!!!

Well I took Sensa for three months. Love the idea. Sprinkle on your food it did manage to cut my appetite. Would of love to continue but started to have pain in my abdomen so talk to my doctor figure it was causing the problem. I had lost 25 lb so far. So so sad I had to stop. I hope they can do something with the product with no side effect. Thank you.

I tried the Sensa Weight Loss powder and it does not work. I wanted to try to send the stuff back but they give me a bunch of excuses. In the package was two different kinds - one was sweet and one salt. All the stuff did was ruin my food. They say there's no taste but I could tell it was there and it's no good. Please can you help me?

Consumer Increased Rating!

No response needed from company. They seem embattled but just stating that the product worked for me.

Paul of Mirganville, NJ on

Original Review

Following their directions, I lost a safe amount of weight using the month 1 to 3 shakers. I see from websites that most people did not have this success. I have not read the complaints because there's no real need to. I will miss Sensa but will keep looking.

I am appalled to be just hearing about this. I've used this product without any results for years. Yes years. I have lost lots of money behind this product and even when I was consistent in expressing to them that it's not working they just kept pushing the product. I like so many others didn't have this money to blow. I hope they pay every dime and then some. I'm angry. Very angry. But hopefully this will be a learning thing for us as consumers and other companies. I work out and I stick with programs so I knew it wasn't in my mind. This stuff didn't do anything but rob me of my money and my trust. All my information is in the system and bank drafts I'm sure. I only paid with bank drafts

I tried Sensa for the amount of time that "they" say you should see results. Well that was a joke! I tried to return my unused portion, but all they wanted was my money. To me, eating sawdust would do the same thing that Sensa does. It's just a rip off!

I would "highly recommend" the weight loss product "Sensa" to everyone. I have been using Sensa for 8 months now (I've lost 50 lbs) and it's by far "the best and safest" weight loss product I've ever used. Sensa is "safe" and "so very easy" to use. Also the product is "very affordable". I would recommend Sensa due to the simple fact that Sensa is the "best and easiest weight loss product on the market today"!!

I paid for a special introductory trial of Sensa, with the understanding that my card would be charged. Like all of the other reviews say... IT DOES NOT WORK. I called to cancel, and was still charged $39.95 after the "trial period" ended. I did not get anymore product though. I called again to cancel after this, and have now been charge yet again $39.95 for product that I am NOT receiving.

I ordered the initial trial offer of SENSA @ $9.95. I told the customer service rep that I DID NOT WANT the 6 month supply until I see if I like the first initial trial offer. The product does NOT work. It's supposed to curb your appetite & all it does is add a funny taste to your food. Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, SENSA signs me up for the 6 months order that I said I DID NOT WANT & charged my card for $89.95.

I call them & they said they will not refund me until I return the unused portion to them, by mail, within 7 days & with a tracking # on the mail package. WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS SENSA!?!?! I have seldom come across such a disreputable and unethical scam. It's the old bait & switch.... Tell the customer they're getting an initial special offer & then secretly sign them up for a bogus & overpriced product. Shame on you, SENSA!!

Free trial is not free. Billed my card 89.95.

I try the one month free trial of Sensa and less than a month I used to call them and saying it doesn't work for me and I need to return the said item. I was surprised that they billed me again in my credit card for another month of supply. I don't know what to do.

NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE - I ordered the Sensa free trial. I called it a free sample with the representative at Sensa and he actually said they don't do samples. Well excuse me, he knew that I meant trial. Isn't that another word for sample? Anyways, the product didn't work and I started experiencing headaches and it seemed unbalanced sugar levels, so I canceled the product before my trial period and was given a confirmation number but I was still billed 2 months after the fact for the "FREE TRIAL" for $89.95. They will not reverse this charge although I canceled the product. Besides even if I did have to pay for it when you see what you get for $89.95 you know it's a sham instantly.

This product did not work for me; it did not produce the result that was expected. I purchased SENSA in 2011, instead of losing the weight I gained weight. They said you can sprinkle on any food and eat, "yea right", I tried this product for three months and nothing happened. So I cancelled my subscription, and also had problems in doing so. It cost me over three hundred and twenty US dollars, plus the cost of having it shipped to Trinidad and Tobago. I would not recommend this product, because their infomercial clearly states you can sprinkle on anything and eat.

I have bought the entire system months 1-6... and I did not work out like I were... I stop because I have back problem and with this system you did not have to work out . So I took them up on it and got the entire system. I lost a lot of money dealing with SENSA...It does not work so not.....

I was buying Sensa because want to lose weight but this product is not what I expected. What can I do about this? Now I'm losing weight because I talk to my doctor and I'm getting different medicine to lose weight.

My girlfriend and I buy Sensa. We thought we would kick off a little weight. Sensa company told us over the phone that it would also help with her high blood pressure. My girlfriend wound up in the hospital. Would not refund our money.

Sensa doesn't work, I didn't lose weight. I took it for 6 months and nothing...

I ordered Sensa with the understanding that it was proven and effective for weight loss. When I tried the first month's "blend", it seemed to take away the hunger feeling in my stomach, for the first week. But eventually, either my body got used to it or it didn't work anymore. I tried the second month's "blend" and it did nothing! I called the company to complain and they told me that they change the mix month to month and that maybe the third month would work better for me. Well, it didn't! I told them I was disappointed and wanted my money back. I was told them I wanted a refund and was assured that once I sent back the unused portions, I would be given a refund to my credit card. I sent by what I had and still have not received a refund!!!

My mother purchased this crap before I could stop her. People, research stuff before you try the free trial which is never free.. and check if it's FDA Approved. That doesn't mean it's ok, it just means they are aware of it. Don't be a guinea pig for these people!

My husband was looking for something to help him kick start his weight loss along with eating healthier and exercising. I tried it on my dinner that night and had major stomach upset along with EXTREME insomnia from it despite taking my prescribed sleep aid and drinking calming herbal tea. My husband RARELY has any kind of stomach or GI discomfort. After 4 days of using Sensa (purchased on 12/18/13) he became VIOLENTLY ILL! He had SEVERAL bouts of vomiting with little in his stomach other than water and ginger ale, diarrhea, chest pains, and headaches. My husband ALMOST never complains of a headache or any kind of chest pain and has vomited all of 5 times in over 8 years (of which he has been vomiting today for close to 3 hours), and NO, it is NOT THE FLU!!!!

My husband is extremely sensitive to MSG and after a little digging on the ingredients I realized that while there isn't technically any 100% Monosodium Glutamate, the other ingredients ALL MAKE UP MSG!!!!!!! I'M FURIOUS that my poor husband is so sick from something that had there been ANY indication that it even RESEMBLED MSG, we would not have purchased. Thank GOD I bought it at Costco and will be returning it PROMPTLY!

Their free trial offer is extremely misleading. Unless you read the fine print, which I didn't until after receiving the product, you have no idea that the FREE TRIAL actually costs $90!! Whether or not their product even works is moot. Most free trial offers give you an actual FREE trial to get you interested in the product. Now that I'm aware that I'm paying $90 just to try the product I'll be returning it ASAP. Thankfully you can stuff everything into the cheapest flat rate USPS box.

This company acts in an unconscionable manner. Any company that resorts to these kinds of sales practices is clearly selling an undesirable and useless product if they have to resort to extortion to make a buck. They even state in the fine print they refuse to accept packages marked return to sender, despite that fact that this is a perfectly legitimate and legal way to refuse a shipment. You can't get any lower than that. I urge anyone scammed by this company to file a chargeback with your credit card company. Simply point out their misleading sales practices and your CC company will gladly comp you the $5 you spend in S&H for the trial offer.

Every other month I would receive this unwanted product. Each time that I called I was told the product was not approved for a return because of the 30-day lapse. Supervisor was not interested in hearing my side of the story. When I read some of the complaints by other unsatisfied customers, she didn’t care. Just kept repeating the same story about the 30-day notice. I rate this company an absolute minus 0.

The "free trial" is very misleading because, in addition to your free stuff, they INCLUDE another month of product. SO, if you do not RETURN the additional month of product, they bill you $89. It feels like the entire package is FREE, but only half of it is. BEWARE - this is very tricky and sneaky. Plus, it doesn't work. Customer service seems trained to talk you into keeping it a little bit longer... enough so that you pass the deadline for returning. THIS is how they make money. Not from selling a good product that people will continue buying. WHY HASN'T ANYONE FILED A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT YET?

Spoke to 2 different supervisors, Greta & Tracy, and asked for their corporate address of the company & was told to email them before they will release this information. It all started when my Wife ordered a free 2-month trial and paid the $4.95 S&H and then was billed $89.95 after 30 days. Nowhere on their site do they show you that the free trial is NOT a free trial after 30 days & the disclaimer is shown after the order is made which to me is false advertisement. This is the 1st time in my life that a company refuses to give their address to a consumer over the phone & instead tells them to contact their PR through an e-mail. I even tried contacting their foundation at 312-649-5829 to speak with the founder DR. ** and just got a busy signal. Believe me folks, there is NO FREE TRIAL WHATSOEVER and there should be a stop to this bad selling practice by SENSA.

I don't know the consequences yet - things SHOULD BE done between us, but they subjected me to a very high pressure talk to get me to stay on their program. After I said repeatedly that my mind was made up to return their goods and cancel the subscription, they tracked me to one special, limited-time offer after another after I thought we were "done." I am worried that I'm going to get billed anyway, even though I will send the package back in compliance with their rather complicated - at least in terms of phone options - directions. If I do, I will be back in touch with you!

Expert Review

JJ VirginWeight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.    More about JJ→

Neurologist Alan Hirsch created this crystallized product that you sprinkle onto food. According to Sensa, its blend of maltodextrin, tricalcium phosphate, silica, and flavoring enhances food's scents and tricks your brain to make you feel full faster (Hirsch calls this “sensory-specific satiety.”). While Sensa doesn't require you to restrict any food, they now offer a Sensa Skinny in Six Kit: “the SENSA® Skinny in Six Kit features the SENSA® 6-Month Weight-Loss System, a complete 6-Month supply of SENSA® doctor-formulated to help you lose weight as well as SENSA® QUENCH Orange Crush, an energy-packed vitamin mix to help support a healthy metabolism.”

• Easy: “It’s Simple: Shake it on everything you eat.” Couldn’t be any easier! Just eat as you normally do.
  • No restrictions: No food restrictions mean you can enjoy the food you normally eat and lose fat.
  • Gender customization: Sensa offers different formulas for women and men: SENSA® and SENSA® FOR MEN
  • May disappoint: Fails to address the underlying addictions, intolerances, and other problems underlying food. Anyone who believes they can just sprinkle a powder and eat anything will probably be disappointed in their lack of fat-loss results.
  • Not scientific: There is no real science behind Sensa. One source says, “Hirsch says there was a peer-reviewed study by the Endocrine Society supporting the claim that subjects lost over thirty pounds using Sensa. However, the Endocrine Society says they did not review the study. On ABC's news magazine program 20/20, the Endocrine Society stated they ‘were surprised and troubled by the promotional nature of his presentation.’ None of Sensa's internal studies have been confirmed by peer-reviewed medical journals.”
  • Best for Dieters on a budget.

Compare Weight Loss Programs