Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.16/5

PO 4564, Pacoima, CA 91333-4564

88 Provida Life Sciences Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

Horrible customer service or should I say complete lack of customer service. I've tried calling and emailing this company at least 6 times and have been placed on hold for a minimum of 15+ minutes each time with still no one that can update my status so that they no longer ship me the 5 way metabolic fat fighter. DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

Never got refund for merchandise that was returned as instructed. I purchased a trial order of the product Symetrin from Provida Life Sciences only paying shipping & handling (don't recall the cost). Although I did not really notice a difference using the product but that's neither here nor there. About a month later I noticed a debit card charge for $104.19 from FOOD LOVERS SYSTEMS. I promptly called the phone number and was told in order to receive a refund all I had to do was return the product. I followed the instructions accordingly. That was August 16th. Since then, I was charged an additional $79.99. I called again, apparently this was the rest of the cost of the pills as it's split into two transactions. I was told it could take 4-6 weeks for a refund from the time they receive the merchandise back. This was not an option as that missing money belongs to other bills. I called them back to explain and they credited me back while the transactions were investigated. Today my bank informs me they are reversing the credit because this merchant claims they've never received the product back. I sent it back as I was told to do. Now I am out $184.18.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

On 11/1/14, I enrolled in their Food Lovers Program. After one day, I did not like the program offering and decided to change my mind and cancel my membership. I could not reach them by phone; it was either ringing then went into a busy signal or I had to wait practically wait forever to get a customer rep on the phone and had to give up. I contacted California's Office of the Attorney General, Provida is in California, to complain about the company. Whatever Food Lovers sent me by mail I refused and returned the material to my post office. I was still charged $64 and some change on my credit card. I had MasterCard dispute the charges with Provida and it went in my favor, thank heavens. Somebody needs to pull the plug on this company ASAP. I am now on Nutrisystem, a reputable company that I highly recommend. Just let the buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

This program claims you can "eat anything you want as long as it is in the right combination". But no sugar, no carbs, no fats....basically it misrepresents itself completely. Tried to get a refund but was refused. Was also charged $64.87 monthly to access their website for not very helpful information. This is a rip off when a doctor will hand you a diet plan that has the same info minus the glossy advertising for free!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

I did the trial. Didn't think was different from others I done. So didn't use. I call to cancelled, was told I was too late, they already billed me for 15 months. I request a refund anyway and for someone to call me back. Was told No. I called back over a month later to give time to refund. Was told no manager would talk to me or call me back and they are not going to refund, if thought online they can tell I did not use. This is the Worst Customer a Service I Have Ever Experience. DO NOT Do Business with these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Provida Life Sciences?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2014

Ordered their fat loss system, and was overcharged. Network access to fat loss program online did not work, even when I explained the problem to customer service. Customer service is unable to transfer calls for any reason, even if that reason is not something they can fix. I informed customer service of technical problems and asked for tech support, and they stated that they do not have tech support. So now what am I to do? I can't fix their computers? And I can't get my monies back for services not rendered.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2014

I ordered the Food Lovers program two weeks ago and have yet to get a confirmation email with tracking information. They did charge my card in full with the promise of a 7-10 day delivery. I call their 'customer service' number and get a very apologetic ineffective person who tells me they cannot transfer my call to a supervisor for resolution and they don't send links for tracking. She gave me a bogus Federal Express number and when I checked it while on the call, she insisted she'd given me everything I needed and refused to do anything else. She claimed the package would arrive on Monday, August 25th - 17 days after the order was placed with a guarantee of a 7-10 day delivery. The product better be great because I anticipate a real pain if I try to return the thing! I will never ever do business with this organization again.

Original review: July 17, 2014

About 24 days ago, I went online to try the Food Lovers Online services. I call to cancel but notice that on my account the funds were taken out. They told me no refund - that is in the agreement. I told her I did try to call but they are open at different times and there is no place on the site to cancel. A call must be done before the 21 days but I am not sure if I even pass those days. They did not even ask about why I was cancelling just was happy about getting my money. Not even if the product was working or even why I had not used the product.

I trying several times to get my refund. See the whole sad part about this is that I did not used the product because my Dad was in the hospital all that time and when I seen they take out funds from my account I called. I even told them if they needed any proof! That only turned my stomach. If a company wants anyone's money, please make sure they care about the customers. I am out this money and don't want to know about this company. I will do research before signing anything. I have learned that if a company ask for your bank information, don't get what they are selling.

Original review: June 25, 2014

It was not made clear to me about the online membership fee. $64.87 was taken out of my account. It was 14 days not 30 days - the pills was 30 days. I did not want it and I called the very day. They took it out of my account, but they adamantly refused to put the money back into my account. It was taken out of my account 25 days not 14 days like they said the trial was for. I feel this was very unprofessional and I should get a refund. On top of all this they would not let me speak to a supervisor.

Original review: May 27, 2014

On Tuesday, May 27th, I contacted Provida to let them know I was returning their Food Lovers Fat Loss System that I had just received. I ordered this for my husband, but after looking at all the things he would have to do, I knew he would not follow the diet...too much reading, journaling, and listening to CDs and after being charged $139.93 with shipping included, I wanted my money back.

I spoke to Roxanne, ID# ** and told her I had just received it last week and after looking over the program would like a full refund for the reasons stated above. I asked if she would send me a return label and she said that she would not and that I would incur all expenses in returning the package and advised I purchase shipping insurance to make sure that the package is received by them. I asked if she had supervisors. She said she did and I asked to speak to one to plead my case for not having to pay an additional $19.95 to ship back a product that we did not want. She said she would not transfer me to a supervisor. When I inquired as to why she would not, her reply was that she is trained to handle all calls and any problem that may arise and that a supervisor would not be necessary.

By now, her not transferring me was more annoying than the $19.96 that I was to pay. I asked her over and over as to why, and received the same answer. I asked her if she had a supervisor, what was he or she for if not to handle complaints about, now, customer service. She again repeated that she was more than capable of handling this problem and that my speaking to a supervisor would not change the fact that I would have to pay for the shipping. I told her that at this time, shipping was not my problem. She was. I told her that I was going to write all of my Facebook Friends about this problem and ask them to do the same and to make sure everyone knew to not ever do business with Provida. She didn't care.

I then asked what was the name of the President of Provida. She would not give me his or her name! I asked how I was to handle a problem with customer service, if not with a supervisor. Roxanne said that I would have to write in and gave me the address after my asking for it. I will never do business with this company and have gone to the trouble of looking up their founders, President and VP, to see if I can make a personal complaint to them.

Provida Life Sciences Company Information