1.17/5

Find the right weight loss program for you

PO 4564, Pacoima, CA 91333-4564

85 Provida Life Sciences Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 2, 2013

The worst system of communication, customer service, and professionalism I have dealt with! Attempts to reach them by phone (during their posted hours) to cancel service result only in a recorded message that they are either closed of "in a meeting”. NO ABILITY TO LEAVE A MESSAGE! Sent email through their internal system, informing that they had been UNABLE TO REACH by phone only to receive a response 3 days later that they were unable to assist me through email and that I needed to PHONE in (??? that IS the problem).

Finally reached someone this week after waiting on hold for 40 minutes, then told my request has come too late to be refunded what they had now charged me (during the same week!) and that no refund was available for a service that has just begun, that I WILL NOT be using! That I needed to have called sooner. When I repeatedly explained that I had called in ALL LAST WEEK, and what the outcome was, I was just told over and over that "I must have not called during the posted hours", even though I had reassured her that I understand what PST time is, and to which hours were posted and that I had INDEED called during them, and can provide call logs. No explanation, No reason given just a broken-record repeat that I had needed to call sooner. When asked to speak to a supervisor, was told NO ONE is available, no one would EVER be available, there were NO OTHER contact numbers, NO corporate officers to be reached, NO corporate protocol in place to handle the matter. No one other than the same girl that originally answered the phone and said "NO".

Original review: Oct. 7, 2013

I called in to order the FoodLovers Diet package. They tried to sell me everything they could, which I declined. I just wanted the the package with the $1 pills that came with it. I called to cancel the extra pills that they would send each month. She told me okay, it was cancelled. Then all these charges started showing up. I ordered it in Sept. of 2012. Paid $60.97 then, cuz it was supposed to be cheaper; then in October, $39.98 plus $29.80 for the pills that I cancelled. Then another $39.98 in November, plus $24.95, for what I don't know. Then another $29.90 in January, which is when I cancelled completely... This is a horrible company. Don't ever order anything from them. I just sent an email to them about all these charges, so I'm waiting to hear what kind of response I will get. From reading other emails, doesn't look like I'm gonna receive any great response or refund from them. Going from something that was supposed to be $119 to $225 is a real eye-opener, and something that will never happen again. Lesson learned I guess.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I watched the infomercial for Food Lovers Online on a Sunday afternoon so I went to the website (or could have called) as the infomercial said to do. I could not see the cost until I put in my card number and there was no option for the items the infomercial said I would receive free and I also wanted to pay 1 time not payments. That was not an option either. I tried to back out and it charged my card anyway.

After watching Food Lover infomercial, I went online to order after all the free items were not free. I tried to back out. It took me to the online site so I was trying to get a confirmation number and thought how I was to get a receipt. I could not find out anything except a log in so I logged in thinking that was what I needed to do to get a receipt. Still nothing so I filled in some information. Still no information, I closed the site. The information said I would get all these free items and be able to go online for support and if not satisfied, I would get a full refund. I also went to Foodloversonline.com and it even stated that they had a 3-week free trial.

I strongly suggest you update your website to match the infomercial. That is the only reason I refused the product. It may be a good product but I will never know. I email the company on Tuesday to cancel the product, but it was too late - the product was already shipped. I call the following week Monday after I refused the package to stop any more charges to my card. I called Food Lovers and talked to JP. Told him that I refused the package and was checking to see how long before I would get a refund. JP said that as soon as they received the product back and when I asked that no more charges be put on my card, he said he could not.

3 weeks after I returned the product, still no refund and another charge was applied to my card. I called the postmaster. She said that I should have received it within 2 weeks max, so I called Food Lovers again and this time I spoke to Rebecca and when I requested a full refund ($55.94 product; $64.87 online service & $27.97 1st payment), she told me that they would as soon as the product was returned. I told her that the product was returned 3 weeks ago and that the postmaster said that they should have received it last week. Rebecca asked me for a tracking number. I told her I did not have a tracking number. She put me on hold to check. Rebecca said that she tracked it and that it was on the way back (If there was no tracking number how can she see that it was being returned unless it was there and not processed) and that she would refund the $55.94 and the $27.94.

When I asked about the $64.87 she said that that was non-refundable. I told her that the website and the infomercial said that if I was not satisfied for any reason that they would refund all the money. She told me that since I logged in online that I was not entitled to a refund. When I requested to speak to her manager, she refused and repeated that I was not entitled to the refund. I again asked for a manager and she just kept repeating that I was not entitled to a refund. I did tell her that I was contacting the Better Business Bureau, my credit card company and that I would let everyone how I was RIPPED OFF!

Original review: July 5, 2013

I sure do hate to read all the NEGATIVE reviews about this product, I purchased the product over two years ago and actually reset my metabolism and lost 50 pounds, which got my blood pressure regulated and I was able to come off my blood pressure and diabetic medicine. I have kept the weight off and I'm doing great... I still use the 12-minute workout video. I think what may have happened is Robert Ferguson who is the original owner of the product may have sold to this company everybody is talking about. This is why I'm so shocked. When I purchased my kit, I had no problems. The Customer Service didn't try to sell me anything but the plan. They didn't have all of this other stuff. The one bottle of Provida came with the kit; there were no additional monies.

When you call the customer service, they were right there answering the phone and taking care of whatever you needed. They would call to see how you were doing with your plan when you first received it, and Robert was so hands on (through video). I truly hate that you all have not had the opportunity to purchase and use the product because it does work and I've been able to change my lifestyle just on the principles that Robert taught... changing your metabolism and it wasn't hard at all.

PLEASE, try and reach Robert Ferguson because he is genuine and he really does care about you and the program. He can't know that this is happening. On the other hand, if he has sold the company, then he probably can't do anything about it right now... Hmmm, he will probably come out with another one. I would hang in there and try to reach Robert. I will come back on and give the old customer service number. Maybe you all can reach him that way. Stay Strong. I'm glad I got it when it first came out. It was only $99.00 for everything.

Original review: May 10, 2013

I ordered the 6-week makeover during the night for $119.94 as shown on TV. I checked my credit card this morning and already have a charge of $248.78 showing for this purchase. I called customer service and was told my order was already processed. It will cost me $12.99 for a return label plus I will be charged $43.97 for shipping and handling for the original order. It seems strange it costs $43.97 to send to me but only $12.99 for me to return to them. Rip off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Provida Life Sciences?

Original review: March 27, 2013

I have called 4 times since December to have the product 5-Way Metabolic Fat Fighter stopped being shipped to me. Each time I am told that the order has been cancelled, and the charge will be credited. As of today, 3/27/2013, I am still receiving the product and being charged $54.85 monthly. I was told today that there is no record of my calls, and that there is nothing that will be done. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that my call will not be transferred. I want a return label for 4 boxes of the product ASAP and my credit card credited within the next 3 business days, or I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2012

I ordered the product, and immediately after receiving it, I called in to talk to Customer Service. Well, they were unprofessional and kept trying to sell something and were unwilling to address my issues. I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor on duty. I was told there was no supervisor. I called three more days and tried to reach a supervisor. Again, I was told there was none. So before my bank account was cleaned out, I went to the bank and canceled my card. The bank told me I wasn't the first to do this because of this company. The program is good science, and it's a sorry thing that people can't use it. But if it needs all the extras they sell to make it work, you better be rich. If you choose to do business with them, the bank warns to use a card you load at the store only.

Now, I have gotten letters requesting another card, and I emailed them within 30 days after 3 calls to get a return label. When I called, they said there were no notes of my request or that I was unhappy. They wouldn't give me a label. I called yesterday feeling guilty I had something unpaid in full for sitting in the closet

and never used due to distrusting them after getting the program that I asked for an address to send it back. I now didn't expect my first payment back nor for them to provide a label. They refused after keeping me on the phone for 25 min. and said, "Sorry, we can't do anything for you. You are past the thirty days..." They make you go past the thirty days. I never ordered pills either. This was just for the program. They threaten me now with a collection agency. I will never pay the balance for this. I told them I was going to return it and pay for the shipping myself. However, since then, I read here online that they will refuse the return pkg and that will costs me more. Does anyone know how to get this back into their hands legally?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2012

I was charged for a service I was not using and I called about what was going to be charged on my account the week before. I was not given any amount. The young man stated that it was listed on the website about the charge and I did not see it. He told me I could not speak to anyone because he explained the policy and that was the final say. If I would have known I had free service for 14 days, I would have used the service. I logged in on the day I spoke to a representative on the 18th to discuss the charges on my account and was never informed like today that I was going to be charged any more charges. If I was inquiring about my account, the young man stated that online was different from what I ordered. But all of it was still being charged to my account.

I do not understand that process. He would not let me speak to anyone because of the policy. I am very dissatisfied with the services of the business because I want to know what is going to be charged on my card when I called at that time and not after the items have been charged to my account. The representative is telling me all sales are final, but the two do not go together, but they are being charged on my account. Food Lovers is Food Lovers no matter if online or direct mail. I do not understand.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2012

I got a letter stating that I still owe Food Lovers Fat Loss when I paid for the whole program on 07/02/2012 which was $272.72. I was sent pills that I did not order and refused package and USPS sent back. On Aug. 15th of 2012, I sent back the whole program which Food Lovers received on August the 22nd of 2012. I was told it would take 30 days to receive my money minus shipping and handling. So on September 21,2012, I called the customer service number, 18003663587, starting at 10:52 am till 3:00 pm and I got this recording, "please call during business hours," or "we are in a meeting," for a few minutes and never got to speak with anyone. So, I called 1 877-food-lvr and they told me to call the number I had been calling. I asked to speak with a supervisor and guess what? They don't have a supervisor. So in fact, Food Lovers owes me and I would like my money back. I thank the good Lord I saved all receipts and have documentation to prove all this. So yes, I would be very happy to talk with someone from Food Lovers to contact me and get this matter resolved.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2012

Copyright and intellectual rights infringement - The Food Lovers product from Provida Life Sciences is a 95% exact match to material that I have been distributing for free in a different format since 2003. The product website has only been available since 2010.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2012

I called to order what I thought was one program. The woman just kept finding more and more items for me to buy. I kept telling her no. I ended up ordering what I thought was the weight loss program. I changed my mind and tried to stop it before it was sent out. They wouldn't let that. I was at the mailbox when the package arrived. I refused it, so it was sent back. Until this day, I still have not gotten any kind of a refund. In fact, they took money out of my account which caused it to be overdrawn. I called my bank and they are taking care of it. I hate liars and thieves.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2012

It's a scam! I too was billed an extra $129.74 for a "support system" I supposedly ordered. I would never order this and didn't! I brought up the fact that since I never used it, then it's obvious I never ordered it! Customer service is rude and refused to refund my money. If anyone has had any luck getting their money back, please let me know who to contact! I’m feeling duped!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2012

I ordered this and then a week later, changed my mind. They would not let me cancel! They sent me some box, which I refused, and after two months and several phone calls, I found out that I was being charged by not one company, but by two! I finally got hold of the second company, "Six Week Body Makeover Network Coaching," and finally got a refund from them for their part after I threatened legal action. I have turned these people to the Better Business Bureau of California. Then, I tried for the third time to get a refund for the original order and was told they would refund me but not for the shipping! It may be only $23 but it is all about what is right and they owe me for that too. They have taken almost $200 out of my checking account before I was able to get some of it back.

I am going to write about this everywhere possible and I'm going to submit a formal complaint to the company - Provida Life Sciences. I will not stop until I get what I want! I requested to be put through to the woman's supervisor on my last call and she refused to do so! What kind of customer service is that?

Original review: July 25, 2012

I called, but thought maybe not a good idea to order. They already had my card number and was told to think about it. The product won't be shipped for several days. I was called next day and was told it was already shipped. I couldn't get the tracking info because they said I will refuse. I was told not to or I would be responsible for everything and would get no refund. Very frustrated. If it was a mistake calling them, they'll take your money and run. I'm not finished with them. I am having numerous agencies that will be contacting them.

Original review: July 14, 2012

I ordered the program, which is really pretty good. But all of a sudden, $65.00 was taken out of my account. When I called, they told me it was for an online program, which I never ordered. I talked to their customer service, who was rude, patronizing and refused to refund the money to my account. I asked to talk to a supervisor, and he refused, saying that he would say the same thing. So, before they could take any more money out of my account, I closed it, causing some inconvenience, but felt better knowing they wouldn't be pulling any more money out of my account without my knowledge.

About a month later, I received a letter asking me for the rest of the money. I told them I would give them the balance after subtracting the $65.00, and was told that the online program was not affiliated with their program and I would still have to pay. I told her to get the money out of the online company since that took it out of my account without my knowledge. She said they would credit the money I send in, but I would still owe. I told her it wasn't going to happen. If you are going to order to program, send a check. Don't give your credit card number. They are not honest and once the money is gone, it's gone. I read the complaints and thought it wouldn't happen to me. I wonder how many others this has happened to but hasn't complained.

Original review: July 13, 2012

I ordered the system, Food Lovers Fat Loss. I told the lady on the phone (Ruth) who couldn't seem to understand or did not hear me of what I wanted to order. I wanted just the basic with the bonuses I could get by paying it in one payment. She kept directing me to all other kinds of added things like coaches and support. I kept saying no and repeating exactly what I wanted. I finally said, "Ruth, I want the $150 package and the free bonuses, and I will pay in one sum." She finally got it, I thought. I received the package. It worked great for me. Then my Visa kept getting charged on even after they have taken $190. Now, they say I owe $60 more. I will never order from them again!

Original review: June 20, 2012

Do not order from this company. Terrible customer service. I ordered the Food Lovers product and it did not provide any additional information over what the commercial states. I cancelled it immediately. I was given a very tedious process of steps to complete for returning it properly and had to pay for all shipping costs to return it. They claim that the package was not received within the guarantee time and they are charging me the $109 for the package. Even worse, they did not contact me with regard to never receiving the package and sent me to collections. Now I am being harassed by a collection agency that is telling me I am better off just paying it!

I called Food Lovers' customer service and the man on the other end was very rude and refused me a supervisor when I requested one. He said I have no need for a supervisor. I googled Provida's corporate offices and called them. Again, receiving another call center lacky (you can tell from the background noise), I was treated just as bad. I was able to get some sort of PO box that I can send a complaint letter to Brian Archibald's (president) attention. Wow is all I can say! I will never order anything via phone, internet or mail again. If I can't physically return it, no way! How do these crooks get away with this?!

Original review: June 14, 2012

Do not order from this company, terrible customer service. I ordered the Food Lovers product but cancelled it immediately. The company shipped it anyway (two days after I cancelled it) and then refused to refund me the shipping costs. They will also take 30 days to process the refund. Funny how fast they processed the shipment, how long it takes to process the refund and how they ignored my request to cancel it just so they could keep the shipping costs.

Original review: April 18, 2012

I bought the Food Lovers diet and was given a 1-877-366-3587 number to call for customer service and this number cannot be reached from Canada. I called the order line and apparently there is only one person working there and she talks down to you when you tell her that you called the number provided and it does not work in Canada. I told her that I had sent messages to cancel their fat burning pills and all she can say is, “Call the number provided. No one else in Canada is having a problem reaching them.” They are a money-grabbing company that should not be allowed to do business and I am cancelling any further payments to them by credit card. I hope that this helps other people in the same situation!

Original review: Feb. 29, 2012

I ordered the program and everything with that is fine. Then they gave a "trial" of a fat burner tablet for a dollar, but Provida Life Sciences continues to send pills every 6 weeks. I made multiple attempts to call customer service, but after answering machine picks up. The call is placed on indefinite hold each time; attempts to contact via email returned as undeliverable. I was given additional numbers by the 6-week makeover customer service, but got same response. I have since had to cancel my credit card so that no other purchases may be made. Very disappointed in this company. Do not do business with them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2012

I purchased the food lovers program. After purchasing it, I called and asked them to cancel the "support" program because I never used it and never intended to use it. The girl I spoke to refused to get me in touch with someone who would refund the money they had taken out of my account for this program and only agreed to refund one charge. I want the money back! I did not approve for this money to be taken from my account and I did not want that service, as I told them when I called them back in November! $60 is a lot of money for me and I cannot afford to be losing that kind of money for something that I did not want. I want my money back. They are a scam.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2012

This company is a scam. I ordered the Six Week Body Makeover and after I realized how much they had added to my order during the phone conversation, I decided to call back to cancel. When I called back I was told to wait until the next business day and call in the afternoon to cancel my order. I did as instructed and when I called I was told the order had already shipped. So I get the order and I am very dissatisfied with the program, it was too time consuming for me. I called to get approval to send it back. I paid $9.99 to get a label to send it back. It was my understanding that I should have gotten back about $64.94 which was the amount I had paid at that time. Never got a dime back. Stay away from this company! They are a rip off!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2011

This is a scam. They charged me for items I didn't want. I called customer service within one minute of placing the order because items were included that I didn't want and the address was incorrect. The gentleman said he could help. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, he refused and hung up. I called back and talked to a different customer service representative.

I was informed that she couldn't help me because they didn't see the order number for 24 hours. The same reason the first customer service representative gave me. However, the second customer service individual, Mikea, assured me that they could address the problem if I called back after 7:00 am PST the next day. I pleaded to talk to have my call transferred to a supervisor and she refused also. I called at 7:04 the next day and the customer service individual said he couldn't help me. I wouldn't have mind paying the $120.00 for the program, but I was charged $300.00. Do not order this product online! It is a scam and the customer service will not help you if there is a problem. I'm out money.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2011

My overall experience was very much of a hassle. When I ordered the 6WeekBody plan over the phone, it was my first big mistake. I authorized bank draft. Do not ever do this. It has been 6 months and I am still trying to get my refund. The whole offer seems to be a sham as far as "easy refund." The refund process is obviously handled by a separate company and of course I missed the deadline for getting my refund back on the Body Coach to begin with.

Since then, I have been sending forms to fill out and waiting on my money. If this company was sincere in helping the customers, the product would come with all that is needed to get a refund in a timely manner if desired. I would not ever recommend anyone using this company. It is horrible and nerve-racking trying to get the charges stopped and get my own money back. I hope word gets out to any potential shoppers for this product: It is a sham.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2011

I tried to return the product with many emails and over 2 1/2 hours on the phone waiting for a customer service rep to answer. This was 3 separate calls, each a half hour long. I finally found an email address on the internet and emailed them several times with no answer. Finally, I got an email telling me I had 7 days to return the product to them or no refund. I was told to use the shipping label that was supposed to be in the box. Well, guess what? No shipping label was in the box. I sent them back two emails, the last on 10/8. Finally, I got an answer on 10/19, well past the 7-day limit to return the product. Warn people that this is not a company you want to do business with!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2011

They promised a refund, but they're still billing my credit card monthly and won't stop per their customer service. Brady **, an executive with Provida refuses to take my calls 818-377-2800. If everybody would call him, maybe the company will provide the promised refunds.

I will have to make complaints to the BBB and California state Consumer Affairs, and try to stop the billing on my credit card.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2011

I ordered the Six Weeks Makeover and the pills that came with them. The pills gave me severe diarrhea, so I stopped taking them and called the company to stop the auto delivery shipment. I spoke to Charlie, and he told me that the service was cancelled on 7/15/11. I had also closed the Bank of America account that was on file with Provida. On 9/13/11, they charged my closed account which overdrew the account and I was charged an additional fee of $35.00. I had not received these pills until 8/22/11. Now I'm being told that I cannot return the pills because my warranty expired on 9/16/11.

I was given two different addresses for the complaint department by two different representatives, Charlie and Alejandra. I requested to speak to a supervisor but they were all in a meeting. A woman named Rosemary came to the phone after I was on hold for over 27 minutes. I explained to her the issues, and she said she appreciated my frustration but unfortunately the complaint department only accepted written mail. I'm expected to believe that in 2011, there is no email address or fax number for the company's complaint department.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2011

I need to send the 6-week body makeover product back and no one will answer the phone at the customer service line. The people on the order line say they can't help me and that I have to contact customer service. Also, I have sent numerous emails to customercare@provida.com and no one will answer my emails.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2011

I ordered the Six Week Body Makeover which has money back guarantee, as long as it is returned within six weeks. However, the customer service never answers the phone. After several calls, I contacted the order desk; I spoke with "Wendy". She told me that she hadn't received complaints about the phone line; she refused to let me speak with a supervisor, and told me there is no corporate office or a CEO. She hung-up the phone on me! This is a scam! Do not purchase anything from them!

Original review: July 6, 2011

I ordered the 6-Week Body Makeover and received a duplicate order the same day with the very next order number on the item. When I placed the order originally, I received a confirmation for only one of the programs. That day, I called the company to get them to pick up the extra program; and the woman told me that it was my mistake, and that I would have to pay to return it and would not be refunded my shipping that had been billed to my card. So, I immediately canceled my debit card and signed an affidavit to get my money back -- which I'm sure will not happen. But now, I'm in control over the situation and they can send all the letters they want because I tried to do the right thing. If you're interested in the program, I have a brand new, never used one that I will sell for $39.95, plus the real cost of shipping, nothing more. My e-mail is **.

Provida Life Sciences Company Information