Provida Life Sciences

PO 4564, Pacoima, CA 91333-4564

Compare Weight Loss Programs

Research top Weight Loss Programs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered the Food lovers system on 5/4/16. It was received a couple of weeks later, and after reviewing the system I decided it was not for me. I called the Food lovers customer service line on 6/2/16 and advised of such and that I was going to return the system for a complete refund. I was given an authorization number and was told once the package was received it would take 14 business days to get my refund. I mailed the system back and per USPS it was received by Provida (Food lovers) on 6/6/16.

I next called Food lovers on 7/7/16, the representative confirmed that they had received the system back and that I was now due 3 payments of $19.99, and that the charges would stop being billed to my credit card and the refund would be forthcoming in the next 2 to 4 weeks. I called again 8/9/16, asking where my refund was and why there was another charge made to my credit card? I was informed that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a refund. At that point, I blew up and stated that might be so but you got the system back on 6/6... it's now 8/9... that's 8 weeks!! I want my refund!!

I was then told that they were canceling the charges to my credit card and my refund would show on my credit card in 3 to 5 business days! Well guess what... it's now 8/20/16, 7 business days later and no refund. I'm calling American Express to file a complaint with them and will never do business with these people again! Steer very clear of them they are frauds!

I saw the television infomercial on tv on April 7, 2016. I made contact and spoke with a customer service person who "explained" the guarantee. What a joke! I was told that if I was not satisfied with the program when I received it, I could return the materials and would receive my money back. I checked out the program online and I was not satisfied with the way one needed to record all the necessary info pretty much on a daily basis. I contacted the customer service department for cancellations. I had not yet received the written materials so I needed to wait until April 16, 2016 to return the materials at my cost at the UPS store. I wait until today June 1, 2016 and watched my billing and reimbursement page for the credit card that I used. Nothing was reimbursed and as of June 1, 2016 another payment was being deducted.

I contacted customer service again and after saying I was going to do a negative review, I was told that only the two monthly payments were being reimbursed and that $43.97 would not be returned for their shipping costs and that my costs to return the material also would not be reimbursed. If Provida Life Services advertises a guarantee of your money back, they should indicate that over $50 may not be returned if a cancellation with the return of materials takes place. Very dissatisfied!!!

Even though this product was returned to the company (Alchemy Int'l) they have continued to receive payments of $19.98 monthly from PayPal which will continue until July 28, 2016.

I had a bad experience with this company from the beginning. I processed my transaction and it asked me for my billing info and credit card info... I proceeded to enter all this info and then I got to page two and the shipping was doubled because I was from Canada. You would think they would know this from your original input of information. I then noticed the huge price difference so I called down and the representative gave me 1 payment off (19.99) the price of the overcharged shipping.

This online program has a trial period and if you don't cancel they keep charging your credit card. I didn't know there was a trial period so had to call and complain about that too. This product is supposed to have a money back guarantee however when I returned the product this 19.99 shipping they originally credited me is no longer valid! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I couldn't speak to anyone, I just would have to send an email or the rep was going to disconnect our call. Very convenient. I have now made a call to my credit card company to file a dispute! I have no problem paying for a product that are upfront with the charges but once they have charged your credit card you are left fighting... Anyone thinking of ordering through this company do not place an order with them, this company has wasted a ton of my time calling back and forth and now filing a dispute with my credit card company!!!

All I want is the cookbook I was promised with my order. Also, I do not want anything else from this company. In no way did I sign up for anything else that would ensue further charges. Sadly I have not had the success advertised. I only need to lose ten pounds. I exercise every day. I'm in menopause and weight loss is more difficult. Please address my concerns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Provida Life Sciences?

I ordered these pills (Symetrin) several months ago, and at first I thought they were working, but realized after my second bottle that they were not. I called after my last charge and requested to cancel thereafter. A month later I was billed again and called to find out why. They told me they had no record of me cancelling and it was too late now to cancel because the pills were already sent. After I received the pills I called to tell them I did not want them and wanted a credit. They told me I would have to pay for the return shipping because I never cancelled before. I have no idea if I will ever see that credit or not. Do not deal with this unethical, incompetent company. You will regret it.

This company has made it very difficult to return merchandise and get the proper credit due. I have tryed several times and I am always told the computers are down. I sent everything back by the labels they provided and in a timely manner. Do not purchase this system. It will be a nightmare to return product. They are not ethical when it comes to their money back Guarantee policy. Very frustrated over this entire process and still have not gotten answers so far. It's 3 months since I returned the product. SHAME on Provida Life Sciences.

I cancelled my automatic shipment of the 5-way fat burner three times. Provida continues to send me shipments and charge my credit card. I still haven't seen a refund for the shipment I returned and now I just received another shipment. How many times does one have to cancel a product they no longer want and to receive a refund? Signed, A very unhappy customer.

The company said if I was not happy with the product if I sent back my money would be refunded. I sent product back the very next day and they never credited back the money to my account. They would not even answer if they received the product back or not. They should honor what they said and I should not be out the money especially since I sent product back the next day.

Food Lovers is a rip-off. They take money for you for no service. I have been their member in the early 2013 and the account worked but since 2013 December the account stopped working and they charge me every month until now although the account is inactive. I emailed them multiple of times at customercare@foodloversfatloss.com which is on the website, but got not even one reply. I requested a refund since I have not been receiving any service because I can't even log in, and they said it's active but the website says otherwise. What kind of lie is this? It's obviously inactive and I can prove it. How can they keep saying otherwise?

Crooks - try to refuse refund. I ordered Food Lovers for 19.99 and 19.99 shipping and additional 6 payments. Got a RMA number and returned with a tracking number. Product was shipped out of Kansas. Billing is in Calif and return is to a warehouse in NJ. Do not do business with them unless you like throwing money away.

I have asked you to stop sending and charging me for the product, you continue to send and charge me. I am not sure how to get you to stop sending it but if you charge my charge card again... I will seek legal advice!!! I sent the last shipment back and I have not been refunded. Please do not send or charge my credit card A.G.A.I.N.

I ordered the Food Lovers Fat Loss System in December. It was received for Christmas as a present. After reviewing I called Provida for a return mailing label and credit for the monthly membership charges...This was on January 19th. I was given an RMA # ** and the address. I was also told that for $6.95 they would send me a mailing label and that this would expedite the refund..... AT NO TIME WAS I TOLD THERE WAS AN EXPIRATION DATE ON ANYTHING. I waited for 3 1/2 weeks for said mailing label. Nothing was received so I sent the package back to Moulton Logistics Management in Dayton NJ with the RMA clearly displayed...via UPS on 2-11 it was delivered on 2-16.

Today I reviewed my credit card statements and found another charge dated 3-22 for Provida. I called the number and was told by two different women there one named ** and the other ** that I did not return the merchandise within the first story 7 days then second story 60 days.. and there would be no refund however there will close my account and there will be no further charges. I had followed the instructions at no time was I ever told that there was a limit let alone the second story that they could not get a charge authorization for the shipping label... I never received any call nothing.

There has to be something that can be done about this company and the shady consumer practices. I want my refund. The conversation today ended with ** stating they will send the product back.... I was explicit that I do not want any product from Provida. I want a refund of the monies paid since they have received the product back.

I have written the company and sent back the pills on 3 occasions (at my expense). I have not been credited and they continue to send a new bottle every 2 months. I have attempted to call the number but get tossed back and forth and finally disconnected. This company is a scam. I now will have to cancel my current credit card and get a new account number issued, to stop the continual sending of these pills. If that doesn't work I will contact an attorney. Do not deal with this company!!!

I went online to sign up for Weight Watchers at the beginning of January. Food Lovers came up under the Weight Watchers site. I gave my information including debit card number to them, thinking I was signing up for Weight Watchers. VERY DECEIVING, ADVERTISING RIGHT NEXT TO WEIGHT WATCHERS. I had no intention in signing up for Food Lovers. I got a charge of $64.87 on my debit card. I immediately called and the woman I talked to said she would refund my money and even gave me a confirmation number. The next month when I got my bank statement there was no refund. I called again and the woman who answered said they don't refund membership fees. I asked if there was a manager I could talk to and she said no. I think this is VERY deceiving advertising and they should, in good faith, issue a refund.

AWW Food Lovers System by Provida Life Sciences - I ordered the package with $19 plus -6 payment. Offered a 30 day plus on pills enhancing weight. Called to cancel monthly pill, returned the item. Had to follow up the refund. After 2 months...no refund. Also found out I was charged so-called membership and other amounts that when I asked for details, whoever the person took my order just added items I didn't order. The problem is, once they have your credit card, Provida keeps charging other unordered items. When you call to dispute, its only excuse is that it is past deadline to cancel. But I didn't order the other items. Grossly misleading. Best is NEVER BUY from this company, PROVIDA! Never make the mistake I made. Just sharing. So avoid and never buy no matter whatever enticement they do on TV.

Horrible customer service or should I say complete lack of customer service. I've tried calling and emailing this company at least 6 times and have been placed on hold for a minimum of 15+ minutes each time with still no one that can update my status so that they no longer ship me the 5 way metabolic fat fighter. DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Never got refund for merchandise that was returned as instructed. I purchased a trial order of the product Symetrin from Provida Life Sciences only paying shipping & handling (don't recall the cost). Although I did not really notice a difference using the product but that's neither here nor there. About a month later I noticed a debit card charge for $104.19 from FOOD LOVERS SYSTEMS. I promptly called the phone number and was told in order to receive a refund all I had to do was return the product. I followed the instructions accordingly. That was August 16th. Since then, I was charged an additional $79.99. I called again, apparently this was the rest of the cost of the pills as it's split into two transactions. I was told it could take 4-6 weeks for a refund from the time they receive the merchandise back. This was not an option as that missing money belongs to other bills. I called them back to explain and they credited me back while the transactions were investigated. Today my bank informs me they are reversing the credit because this merchant claims they've never received the product back. I sent it back as I was told to do. Now I am out $184.18.

On 11/1/14, I enrolled in their Food Lovers Program. After one day, I did not like the program offering and decided to change my mind and cancel my membership. I could not reach them by phone; it was either ringing then went into a busy signal or I had to wait practically wait forever to get a customer rep on the phone and had to give up. I contacted California's Office of the Attorney General, Provida is in California, to complain about the company. Whatever Food Lovers sent me by mail I refused and returned the material to my post office. I was still charged $64 and some change on my credit card. I had MasterCard dispute the charges with Provida and it went in my favor, thank heavens. Somebody needs to pull the plug on this company ASAP. I am now on Nutrisystem, a reputable company that I highly recommend. Just let the buyer beware.

This program claims you can "eat anything you want as long as it is in the right combination". But no sugar, no carbs, no fats....basically it misrepresents itself completely. Tried to get a refund but was refused. Was also charged $64.87 monthly to access their website for not very helpful information. This is a rip off when a doctor will hand you a diet plan that has the same info minus the glossy advertising for free!

I did the trial. Didn't think was different from others I done. So didn't use. I call to cancelled, was told I was too late, they already billed me for 15 months. I request a refund anyway and for someone to call me back. Was told No. I called back over a month later to give time to refund. Was told no manager would talk to me or call me back and they are not going to refund, if thought online they can tell I did not use. This is the Worst Customer a Service I Have Ever Experience. DO NOT Do Business with these people.

Ordered their fat loss system, and was overcharged. Network access to fat loss program online did not work, even when I explained the problem to customer service. Customer service is unable to transfer calls for any reason, even if that reason is not something they can fix. I informed customer service of technical problems and asked for tech support, and they stated that they do not have tech support. So now what am I to do? I can't fix their computers? And I can't get my monies back for services not rendered.

I ordered the Food Lovers program two weeks ago and have yet to get a confirmation email with tracking information. They did charge my card in full with the promise of a 7-10 day delivery. I call their 'customer service' number and get a very apologetic ineffective person who tells me they cannot transfer my call to a supervisor for resolution and they don't send links for tracking. She gave me a bogus Federal Express number and when I checked it while on the call, she insisted she'd given me everything I needed and refused to do anything else. She claimed the package would arrive on Monday, August 25th - 17 days after the order was placed with a guarantee of a 7-10 day delivery. The product better be great because I anticipate a real pain if I try to return the thing! I will never ever do business with this organization again.

About 24 days ago, I went online to try the Food Lovers Online services. I call to cancel but notice that on my account the funds were taken out. They told me no refund - that is in the agreement. I told her I did try to call but they are open at different times and there is no place on the site to cancel. A call must be done before the 21 days but I am not sure if I even pass those days. They did not even ask about why I was cancelling just was happy about getting my money. Not even if the product was working or even why I had not used the product.

I trying several times to get my refund. See the whole sad part about this is that I did not used the product because my Dad was in the hospital all that time and when I seen they take out funds from my account I called. I even told them if they needed any proof! That only turned my stomach. If a company wants anyone's money, please make sure they care about the customers. I am out this money and don't want to know about this company. I will do research before signing anything. I have learned that if a company ask for your bank information, don't get what they are selling.

It was not made clear to me about the online membership fee. $64.87 was taken out of my account. It was 14 days not 30 days - the pills was 30 days. I did not want it and I called the very day. They took it out of my account, but they adamantly refused to put the money back into my account. It was taken out of my account 25 days not 14 days like they said the trial was for. I feel this was very unprofessional and I should get a refund. On top of all this they would not let me speak to a supervisor.

On Tuesday, May 27th, I contacted Provida to let them know I was returning their Food Lovers Fat Loss System that I had just received. I ordered this for my husband, but after looking at all the things he would have to do, I knew he would not follow the diet...too much reading, journaling, and listening to CDs and after being charged $139.93 with shipping included, I wanted my money back.

I spoke to Roxanne, ID# ** and told her I had just received it last week and after looking over the program would like a full refund for the reasons stated above. I asked if she would send me a return label and she said that she would not and that I would incur all expenses in returning the package and advised I purchase shipping insurance to make sure that the package is received by them. I asked if she had supervisors. She said she did and I asked to speak to one to plead my case for not having to pay an additional $19.95 to ship back a product that we did not want. She said she would not transfer me to a supervisor. When I inquired as to why she would not, her reply was that she is trained to handle all calls and any problem that may arise and that a supervisor would not be necessary.

By now, her not transferring me was more annoying than the $19.96 that I was to pay. I asked her over and over as to why, and received the same answer. I asked her if she had a supervisor, what was he or she for if not to handle complaints about, now, customer service. She again repeated that she was more than capable of handling this problem and that my speaking to a supervisor would not change the fact that I would have to pay for the shipping. I told her that at this time, shipping was not my problem. She was. I told her that I was going to write all of my Facebook Friends about this problem and ask them to do the same and to make sure everyone knew to not ever do business with Provida. She didn't care.

I then asked what was the name of the President of Provida. She would not give me his or her name! I asked how I was to handle a problem with customer service, if not with a supervisor. Roxanne said that I would have to write in and gave me the address after my asking for it. I will never do business with this company and have gone to the trouble of looking up their founders, President and VP, to see if I can make a personal complaint to them.

Ordered a cookbook from Foodlovers Online System, got a cheap 15-minute cookbook for $27.93. Called in April after closing my account to ask why I was still being charged $3.99 for two more months and was told it was 2 of the 3 remaining charges for this cheap cookbook. The Rep also told me because they do business out of California where I live I was also going to be charged $2 more for service fee not listed on my receipt. What an example of bad business and a rip off. Never again!

I ordered this and agreed to pay $19.99 a month for 5 payments. I get the package and the bill in it is for $173.00. I never agreed to paying this amount. I only authorized a charge for $19.99. Can't reach anyone for a refund or to mail it back to them.

I tried this product back in August of 2013, had no results with it so I cancelled it in September. I have received NO PRODUCT from them until now, so I do the right thing and call them to say hey....what seems to be going on here, I cancelled this and now you all of a sudden decide to send me three packages of product, of which one package was empty? I told them I would happily send back the product tomorrow and when they received it, they could give me a refund to them. I was told, sorry, it is past the 30 days and there is no refund. I said I understood that under normal circumstances but given what happened, with all of a sudden receiving product again, they could certainly make an exception. NO REFUNDS!!!! I told the customer service rep, I will call and e-mail them on a daily basis until they let me return the product and give me a refund. I got nothing but time right now and will not let them rip me off!!!! What a SHAMEFUL way to do business!!!

The worst system of communication, customer service, and professionalism I have dealt with! Attempts to reach them by phone (during their posted hours) to cancel service result only in a recorded message that they are either closed of "in a meeting”. NO ABILITY TO LEAVE A MESSAGE! Sent email through their internal system, informing that they had been UNABLE TO REACH by phone only to receive a response 3 days later that they were unable to assist me through email and that I needed to PHONE in (??? that IS the problem).

Finally reached someone this week after waiting on hold for 40 minutes, then told my request has come too late to be refunded what they had now charged me (during the same week!) and that no refund was available for a service that has just begun, that I WILL NOT be using! That I needed to have called sooner. When I repeatedly explained that I had called in ALL LAST WEEK, and what the outcome was, I was just told over and over that "I must have not called during the posted hours", even though I had reassured her that I understand what PST time is, and to which hours were posted and that I had INDEED called during them, and can provide call logs. No explanation, No reason given just a broken-record repeat that I had needed to call sooner. When asked to speak to a supervisor, was told NO ONE is available, no one would EVER be available, there were NO OTHER contact numbers, NO corporate officers to be reached, NO corporate protocol in place to handle the matter. No one other than the same girl that originally answered the phone and said "NO".

Provida Life Sciences Company Profile