1.16/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

PO 4564, Pacoima, CA 91333-4564

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

88 Provida Life Sciences Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

I purchased the online product which is free for 2 weeks. They took my credit card info and never sent the info to log on. I have tried continuously to get in contact with them via Facebook, messenger, phone and email but no response back. This is a crooked company heavy on the crooked. I bought from them many years ago and was happy but gave the kit away and wanted an online system. I want to make sure I'm not charged next week when the time is up.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I had success on the diet, but am no longer wanting to keep my online account. When you call you get a computer telling you to leave a message and someone will call you back which NEVER happens. I entered an email request and still no response but they take the 19.99 every month. I am also cancelling my card.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I joined this knowing I could cancel after 2 weeks. I was unable to reach a person as you get a message saying they will call you back and to leave a message. I left multiple messages and emailed. I’m still getting charged months later. I’m finally cancelling my credit card in order to stop payment.

Original review: April 27, 2018

5 Way Metabolic Fat Burner - While back ago when the guy I forgot his name was advertising the Food Lovers Fat Loss System I said to myself if this was legit or not I have been reading a whole lot of reviews on this so I decide to buy it but they were giving me the run around with this. They never answer their phone like they suppose to. My order took too long to get it here and when it did I wanted my money back. Well they were giving me a hard time with that too. To me I think the guy who advertise this is a rip off artist and a con. I tried the product out before I contact them to me it was a waste of my time, and money on this stupid product.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I ordered the Food lovers system on 5/4/16. It was received a couple of weeks later, and after reviewing the system I decided it was not for me. I called the Food lovers customer service line on 6/2/16 and advised of such and that I was going to return the system for a complete refund. I was given an authorization number and was told once the package was received it would take 14 business days to get my refund. I mailed the system back and per USPS it was received by Provida (Food lovers) on 6/6/16.

I next called Food lovers on 7/7/16, the representative confirmed that they had received the system back and that I was now due 3 payments of $19.99, and that the charges would stop being billed to my credit card and the refund would be forthcoming in the next 2 to 4 weeks. I called again 8/9/16, asking where my refund was and why there was another charge made to my credit card? I was informed that it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get a refund. At that point, I blew up and stated that might be so but you got the system back on 6/6... it's now 8/9... that's 8 weeks!! I want my refund!!

I was then told that they were canceling the charges to my credit card and my refund would show on my credit card in 3 to 5 business days! Well guess what... it's now 8/20/16, 7 business days later and no refund. I'm calling American Express to file a complaint with them and will never do business with these people again! Steer very clear of them they are frauds!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Provida Life Sciences?

Original review: June 1, 2016

I saw the television infomercial on tv on April 7, 2016. I made contact and spoke with a customer service person who "explained" the guarantee. What a joke! I was told that if I was not satisfied with the program when I received it, I could return the materials and would receive my money back. I checked out the program online and I was not satisfied with the way one needed to record all the necessary info pretty much on a daily basis. I contacted the customer service department for cancellations. I had not yet received the written materials so I needed to wait until April 16, 2016 to return the materials at my cost at the UPS store. I wait until today June 1, 2016 and watched my billing and reimbursement page for the credit card that I used. Nothing was reimbursed and as of June 1, 2016 another payment was being deducted.

I contacted customer service again and after saying I was going to do a negative review, I was told that only the two monthly payments were being reimbursed and that $43.97 would not be returned for their shipping costs and that my costs to return the material also would not be reimbursed. If Provida Life Services advertises a guarantee of your money back, they should indicate that over $50 may not be returned if a cancellation with the return of materials takes place. Very dissatisfied!!!

Original review: April 29, 2016

Even though this product was returned to the company (Alchemy Int'l) they have continued to receive payments of $19.98 monthly from PayPal which will continue until July 28, 2016.

Original review: April 12, 2016

I had a bad experience with this company from the beginning. I processed my transaction and it asked me for my billing info and credit card info... I proceeded to enter all this info and then I got to page two and the shipping was doubled because I was from Canada. You would think they would know this from your original input of information. I then noticed the huge price difference so I called down and the representative gave me 1 payment off (19.99) the price of the overcharged shipping.

This online program has a trial period and if you don't cancel they keep charging your credit card. I didn't know there was a trial period so had to call and complain about that too. This product is supposed to have a money back guarantee however when I returned the product this 19.99 shipping they originally credited me is no longer valid! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I couldn't speak to anyone, I just would have to send an email or the rep was going to disconnect our call. Very convenient. I have now made a call to my credit card company to file a dispute! I have no problem paying for a product that are upfront with the charges but once they have charged your credit card you are left fighting... Anyone thinking of ordering through this company do not place an order with them, this company has wasted a ton of my time calling back and forth and now filing a dispute with my credit card company!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

All I want is the cookbook I was promised with my order. Also, I do not want anything else from this company. In no way did I sign up for anything else that would ensue further charges. Sadly I have not had the success advertised. I only need to lose ten pounds. I exercise every day. I'm in menopause and weight loss is more difficult. Please address my concerns.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

I ordered these pills (Symetrin) several months ago, and at first I thought they were working, but realized after my second bottle that they were not. I called after my last charge and requested to cancel thereafter. A month later I was billed again and called to find out why. They told me they had no record of me cancelling and it was too late now to cancel because the pills were already sent. After I received the pills I called to tell them I did not want them and wanted a credit. They told me I would have to pay for the return shipping because I never cancelled before. I have no idea if I will ever see that credit or not. Do not deal with this unethical, incompetent company. You will regret it.

Provida Life Sciences expert review by JJ Virgin

Online weight-loss system that tracks intake, assesses foods and shows how to turn them into properly portioned fat-burning meals. Membership is $19.99 per month. Users eat every two to three hours.

• Free trial: Users can try Provida’s Food Lovers Online program free for two weeks with no obligation.

• Support: Virtual fat loss coach provides real-time coaching and personalized guidance to help assess and reach goals.

• Mobile app: The Food Lovers mobile app provides access to your online account and analyzes meals on the go, at restaurants, parties and away from home.

• Online database: More than 1,000 recipes are available, along with goal tracking tools that take into account sleep quality, self-esteem, energy, hunger and fitness.

• Community: The members-only online community allows users to connect, ask questions and share stories and ideas.

• Live chat: Weekly live chats allow members to ask moderators questions about the program and participate in group discussions in real time.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
      JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Provida Life Sciences Company Information