Call toll free
2.93/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Nutrisystem Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I found the food to be very tasty if cooked properly. I chose the Core plan and select the food items I want. In 6 months, only 3 items have been substituted due to out of stock. Because I live in hot country, 4 of my items came in melted. I called and the items were replaced immediately and shipped at no charge. When I figured what I would spend on food for the month, the Core plan turned out to be very affordable. It's great for me.

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how pleased you are with the plan. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I'm sure if Marie Osmond knew how Nutrisystem scammed their customers, she would not promote them. but then again, she is probably getting free food. Buy one month, get one free, offer does not exist.

Hello Marianne,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with ordering.

Our 2 for 1 offer is 50% off each order and it does look like you had that promotion on your account.

We are happy to reach out to discuss the plan that you were signed up on and get further clarification on your issue.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

First the frozen food arrived first, two days before the dried food. So I started on the frozen, not knowing about the first. Open this box for the start of the last week. Very confusing, and when I tried to call, there was no answer so I tried the second number which connected me with SOUTH BEACH DIET PEOPLE which was not what I needed.

Today I get an email that indicates that my next shipment will be arriving soon. Fortunately there was a phone number and I called and canceled the frozen food forever and will work with the dried food for a couple of months. Your frozen food container is a big problem because it is nearly impossible to break down for recycling. Mailing it to Mass. is not an option. I'm 89 years old and this was a big problem. I will try the dried food for one more month and want to cancel it for any further distributions to me. I would not recommend this to any of my elderly friends as it is too complicated especially when things arrive piece meal and you are not sure of what you should be doing. Sincerely, Rita

Hello Rita,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about the frozen food and its packaging. We understand why you feel frustrated, and look forward to helping.

We currently offer a Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, and Uniquely Yours Plus plan. The Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include both shelf stable and frozen meals. Each portion processes and ships from a different warehouse which is why they sometimes arrive separately. The Basic and Core plans include only shelf stable meals which means you receive just one box instead of two separate shipments each month.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concern.

We look forward to working with you, Rita. Have a great day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

First of all, understand there is a 2-month required membership - you must buy two months worth of food before you can cancel, should you want to. I suppose it's possible I am too texture oriented, but I found the breakfast cereal, some of the breakfast and snack bars to be gritty and like chewing tree bark. I threw it all away. There were only a few items that tasted decent to my palate, those were the muffins, and the chili and chicken noodle soup - both of which I can buy at the store with low sodium.

After the first month, drinking only water, one cup of coffee per day and their shakes, I lost 2 lbs. And I think that's because I only ate half of what was in the package before throwing it out and filling in with broccoli, which is a gassy vegetable as you know. The shakes are not anywhere near as good as Atkins. The portion sizes are simple to figure out to do yourself. 1/2 cup of breakfast cereal, no more than 1 cup of food on a small plate. As long as you don't eat high calorie foods like cake and pie, you can lose weight just by your own portion control and it won't cost you $300 per month.

When I tried the frozen food the second month, by the time I got home everything had thawed. (Arizona) I had to toss that too. When asked by customer service if I called and told them so they could redeliver, I said, "What's the point - it's going to thaw out again, it's only hotter now." I will say that my experience with customer service was good. Except that after ordering my second month, I told them to be sure and cancel my membership, and they didn't. They hit my PayPal with another $300 and I had to call again to stop it before it shipped. I did receive a cancellation confirmation. I'm going back on the low carb diet with portion control - that worked best for me.

Hello Janet,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you did not have the best experience with the foods and delivery of the shipment.

I certainly understand that you want to go back to a plan that suits you better, but I would also like to ensure that you are getting what you have already paid for. Once I am able to take a look at your account and see what I can do, I will reach out privately.

If possible, I would also like to review the plan with you. Not losing what you expected is certainly disappointing. Reading your review, it sounds as though you only ate Nutrisystem, which is an important part of the plan, but you will also want to add in grocery foods in additional to the broccoli. I would be happy to go over all of this with you.

I look forward to speaking with you, Janet!

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2019

The customer service reached out to me after finding out that I had a negative experience and did all they could to try to rectify that. I truly appreciate the amount of effort displayed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

First of all, the meal plan was labeled as clean. My goal was to get leaner, I am not obese, just sick of preparing all those meals myself. After dropping $270 on a month worth of food (seemingly good price) I get a box full of what tastes like repackaged MRE food (for any combat vets out there). The dinners span from Chef Boyardee to TV dinner levels of quality. Almost everything they give you is carbs, high fructose corn syrup, and sodium drenched. They think they can call it healthy by giving you half of a handful of food for each meal and telling you to just eat vegetables (sold separately). I felt worse about 3 days into the "diet". You can feel the sugar and carbs as they make you sluggish.

Ok, so the meals are terrible, I've established that. That is not even the worst part of this scam. Try to cancel. Not an easy process. You will have to call in and speak to some idiot that grills you about your identity as if you are trying to get a security clearance. After you get through their spiel, you find out that they will charge you $125 just for cancelling. Then they talk down to you when you question that BS saying "Now if you read your contract..." I didn't read a contract. I ordered a product, I paid, and found out I was put on an auto-re-order.

Oh, by they way, if you want to get rid of some of the more disgusting things that they send you, should you endure another month, it's $25 extra, and most of the good stuff is on back order. I did a little more research on them before writing this just to be thorough. They have fake reviews on their site, but you cannot even show all reviews or read the negatives. I'm trying to save you money. Just get some vegetables on your own, you will have to buy them anyway, and it will save you a ton of money. Avoid this scam. Clean eating my **.

Hello Pene,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience on the program. I certainly understand your frustration and am happy to assist further.

I would like to apologize if the Terms and Conditions were missed during the sign up process. When signing up online, there is an option to select "See other delivery options." When you choose this you will then see the option to choose a one-time delivery. I apologize again that this was not made more clear.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out soon to see how I can help. I look forward to working with you!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Absolutely terrible customer service. I have been a customer for many years. Several months ago Nutrisystem me had technical issues with the website and wiped all my orders. When the orders came back, the price was not restored! I contacted the company numerous times asking for resolution. The customer service reps are rude and hung up the phone the minute they hear what the issue is. Then I tried via email. I keep receiving the standard response that the company will look into it and "you will hear from us in few days". It has been months and I have not heard from the company and the issue is not resolved. I cannot order food until the price is restored to what I had on my auto delivery orders for years. I'm extremely frustrated as a loyal customer and very very disappointed in the lack of customer service. I don't know what else to do to get the company to fix the issue they themselves created!!

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your experience. It's understandable how disappointing your recent experiences must have been especially after your years of being a loyal customer as you mentioned. A member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be reaching out to you shortly to help address the concerns regarding your account as well as the service received from our representatives. Please enjoy your evening Rachel.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Wrote to Nutri Support a week ago looking for Weekends Off Plan, couldn’t find that option anywhere. Asked where to look, a week later received advice to change my plan, yes I know, I tried that, problem not resolved. I know better than to call, previous service was so poor it took 40 mins for anyone to answer the call a month ago. Since I went to Success Plan it's ok, but I would prefer what I had in June. I want to make the choice of plan not be limited in options. Thank you, won’t order in Sept if I can’t get what I want, it's a lot of money to take second choice. Is it no longer available? Caryl

Hello Caryl,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I just wanted to contact you to see if I could help with your concerns.

I apologize if you are having trouble reaching someone to change your plan. I completely understand your frustration. We may not have the exact plan you had June available still, but I will be sure to look into the matter further and reach out soon.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you enjoy your week, Caryl!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Rated with 3 starsResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I did not know that I could choose my own food with core, there are some foods in the basic that I don’t care for and I would of chosen something else. Wish I would of known this before I ordered as core has some same things as the basic???

Hi Donna,

Thanks for reaching out about your order and welcome!

On the Basic Plan it is preselected but if you want to pick and choose your foods you can upgrade to the Core plan which is all shelf stable foods with the ability to customize to your liking.

We are happy to take a look at your account and we can reach out to review your plan.

We look forward to helping!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I was planning on ordering from Groupon but when I called the customer service number they told me they would match then beat whatever Groupon was offering. I placed my order and was charged $259.98 when I was promised 159.99 since that was the Groupon offer. This last time I was charged $284.98 and told only 3 days ago the charge would be $214. I am very upset with this company and I feel they take advantage of people and assume we don't check out cc bill.

Hi Avi,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing a review about your pricing. I understand why you would feel frustrated and look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concerns.

We look forward to working with you, Avi. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I was a skeptic!! Going on a cruise in November and want to lose 20#; On this program almost two weeks (minus 5# already); food is excellent in my opinion and well worth the money. I dealt directly with the company and found pricing is better with them than on TV; less than 9$/day. A bargain when you compare the price of meds needed to deal with obesity. I'm 84 - looking forward to life. Also retired RN so I'm careful about health related issues.

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the plan and the entrees.

Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work! Hope you have a great time on your vacation in November.

Customer increased Rating by 2 stars!Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I like Nutrisystem very much and have had success over the years. Several years ago a lot of my favorite meals were changed into pouch packaging. This makes preparation unpleasant: Messy for sure; Unable to get all the food out of the package; Not easy to doctor it to my taste. Feel exactly the same with meals in cups needing water & heating to prepare. When food comes in standard meal packages to be heated in oven (even if added water is required), it is much preferable and enjoyable to prepare. Surely other members have commented on this.

Hello Nicole,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team and appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that some of your favorite meals have been affected due to a change in packaging. I certainly under5stnad the importance of finding the foods you love and how this can play an integral role in your success on the plan.

I will be taking a look at your account and seeing how I can assist you with this.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I was on Nutrisystem for about 5 months several years ago. I was very satisfied with the plan and it worked for me. I rejoined a few months ago and asked for the same plan again. I wanted the plan where I was able to pick any meals I wanted, including all the frozen meals I wanted. When I first called, I was given the information and price and told the CS representative, I would pick my meals and call back with a list. It was only a day or two when I called back. I picked the breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack items for my first month. I was expecting my jump start week box along with my delivery.

When I didn’t get it, I called. I was told the plan changed a few days ago and I would no longer get 6 days of food and the 7th day would be flex meals. Now the plans only had 5 days of food with 2 flex meals. I was not informed that what I was told I would get was not available if I waited a couple of days. Not only did I get 16 less meals, (4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners & 4 snacks) they didn’t send me the jumpstart box. That ruined my weight loss. I did stay on the diet for a few months, but my weight loss was really slow and I was not satisfied with the new plan.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on the program. The representatives are not always aware of a program change in advance which may have lead to the confusion with your order.

We will be looking into your account and reaching out soon to assist.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

When I tried to enter a code to my order to get free gift. When it didn't take I tried to get in touch via chat and never got a response. Then I sent an email and received a response today, Wed. I sent the email over the weekend.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your experience when trying to contact us. I am sorry to hear that you had such trouble with reaching us to when trying to claim your gift. A member from the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be in touch shortly to work with you on addressing your issues and concerns. Please enjoy your evening Ed!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I quit the program after 3 days so I have no idea if the weight loss claims are valid. The reason I quit was due to customer service. I called C.S. to inquire why my first month shipment only consisted of 15 days meals. I was told by agent Anna that I am supposed to supplement the program food with my own food. This was never mentioned in any advertising or anywhere on the order website. That was bad enough but even that did not trigger my quitting. What really burned my corn flakes was Anna's completely erroneous statement that the plan I bought was a 50% discount on the first month's food and full price thereafter. What I actually bought was 2 months for the price of 1.

The $297 I paid was supposed to be for the first month with the second month free (you can see Marie Osmond on the commercial saying exactly that). Anna told me that the $297 was actually a 50% discount on the first month and that the 2nd month would be over $400. NONE of this is mentioned anywhere in their advertising. I believe Anna's information was completely incorrect. She stumbled and fumbled initially not knowing what plan I signed up for. After several holds she came back and gave this fabricated B.S. A thoroughly distasteful experience (no pun). P.S. My entire conversation with Anna was recorded on my phone if there is any claim of "misunderstanding".

Hello Bryce,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team and I just wanted to reach out to assist with your concerns.

I apologize for any confusion over our meal plan, I understand how that could be frustrating. We do have a page on our website that goes over more details of the plan including the Flex Meals that you prepare on your own here: https://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/how_it_works/index.jsp. We include the Flex Meals as part of the program to provide our members with opportunities to practice portions on their own or enjoy a meal out with family and friends.

I'm sorry if you were also told that your discount was for 50% off the first month then full price after that. With the 2 for 1 discount, you receive 50% off each auto-delivery plan order until you change or discontinue your program. That way you are only paying the price of a single, one-time order for every two orders.

I will be looking into your concern in more detail and reaching out soon. I look forward to speaking and hope you have a great week, Bryce!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Rated with 2 starsResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

What a nightmare. I hope to not need to deal with any of the individuals again. Order lost - then takes forever. Sales blames customer service and visa versa. Yet the customer is in the middle. As I said: good product but a real lack of support.

Hi John,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience and that you have had trouble with your order. I certainly understand how this may be frustrating but would be happy to assist you further.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I spoke with Caitlyn today, who efficiently answered my questions and offered a great suggestion to solve a problem. I tried to leave feedback on the phone survey at the end of the call but the system did not respond after I input the numbers on my keypad. I hope Caitlyn gets the KUDOS she deserves for such great service. Thanks again! ~Therese

Hi Therese,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear what a great job that Caitlyn did on your counseling call. We will be sure to pass on this feedback to her supervisor.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I reached out for the guide and information for Freshstart Week 1. I lost my way the past two weeks and need to go back to basics. The counselor who responded to my question was exceptionally helpful. I received the information I needed. I’m looking forward to a new Fresh Start.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear that you received the information you needed to get back on track.

We will be sure to pass on your feedback about the service that you received. Hope you have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

In the past I have never had issues with my Nutrisystem orders but this time that wasn't the case. I had meals missing off my frozen shipment. The meals missing from my frozen order portion are items are: 2 cinnamon buns, 1 hamburger, and 1 meatloaf burger. Also when I received my box of ready to eat meals I noticed I had someone else's invoice in my box which alarmed me. All my items seem to be accounted for in that order but I just don't like that someone else has my information. Also the tracking number I received for my ready to eat meals was one I could never access and get info on my delivery. Thank you for taking care of this issue. I appreciate it.

Hi Sinthia,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We will be looking into your account and a member from our team will be reaching out shortly to assist.

We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. Hope you have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Kareem was a delightful CSR. He was encouraging and really took ownership of my concerns. Really made me feel like an important customer. I love your system, the Mushroom Risotto is to die for! I have lost 5-lbs! in 12 days.

Hi Betty,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how well you are doing on the program. We will be sure to let Kareem's supervisor know what a great job he did on your phone call.

Hope you have a great day and keep up the good work.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I would make the following suggestions:

1. When placing orders (particularly ones not regularly scheduled), include a place for the customer to note any special information, such as vacations, etc, that might affect desired delivery.

2. For ala carte ordering, the items should indicate not only what are frozen items, but also what category each item is in, so it would be easy to know what is for a specific meal or is a snack item. This is well defined for the relgularly scheduled shipments, but for ala carte ordering is not identified at all.

Support from customer service has generally been very good to excellent and very polite, although there have been many times in the past when it took a long wait to speak with a person.

Hi Robert,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about our website and the wait time. We apologize for any issues you have experienced and we look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with further details on your concern.

We look forward to working with you, Robert. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

My second dry order was missing most of the items I ordered. I understand sometimes a mistake happens, I called, they sent me the missing items, but I didn’t have my lunch bars so it messed up my weight loss! Then I ordered A la carte, breakfast bars and lunch bars that are like my favorite and I got only the breakfast bars no strawberry yogurt bars!! I called. Was a bit upset, not going to lie and spoke to Khabiza. She was so rude. She said that humans pack the boxes and sometimes they make a mistake. I understand that but two orders in a row, now it’s messed up. My routine diet once again! I am very unsatisfied with the service I have paid a lot of money for! I asked to speak to a Mgr or her supervisor. She refused and told me I could not.

Hi Cathy,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience team. Thank you for writing your review about your missing items. We are so very sorry to hear about your experience when calling in. I understand how frustrating this may be and we look forward to helping you.

I will be looking into your account to give you more specifics on your concern.

We look forward to working with you, Cathy.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Thanks for your response to unsubscribe. I’m amazed that unsubscribing a product not relevant to me takes on such complexity. In other product lines, all is takes is one click - it’s done. This is like watching paint dry. Slowly.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so sorry to hear that the unsubscribe process has been difficult. We see that your request have been sent. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I called because I am about to start week 2 and I wanted to make sure I did it right. Becky was extremely helpful. I know I'll be successful because now I have the answers to all my questions. Thank you, Becky.

Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a good experience when talking with Becky about the program. We will be sure to let her supervisor know what a great job she did on your call.

Hope you have a wonderful day and welcome to the program!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Jason helped me to understand the fresh start program and to order more meals. He went above and beyond for me... so helpful. Now I know that the first package spreads out into the rest of the meals for the month.

Hi Crystal,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a good experience when talking with Jason. We will be sure to let his supervisor know what a great job he did on your call.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2019

The company called me after listening to my recorded original phone call and agreed that they misled me into thinking my second shipment would apply to my auto-delivery plan. They agreed not to send me a third shipment and canceled my membership, which was my original request.

Actually, I made an error in my review. I had been on Nutrisystem for 3 weeks, not 2, and had only lost 4 pounds. Nutrisystem has to be more honest and up front as to how much additional groceries are going to cost each month. That was the deal breaker. $600 per month for additional groceries could feed a family of four.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Two weeks in and I haven't lost much weight. A total of FOUR pounds. Drinking FreshStart shake every day for two whole weeks so far. In fact, I also lost one pound twice and immediately gained it back. Contacted support via chat & they said to eat extra PF & extra SC each day. Have diarrhea every day. Said I should see a doctor to see what's wrong with me. Insulted! Just had my wellness exam last week. Only problem is that I am overweight.

Ate one of the ice cream sandwiches and couldn't get the chocolate cookie part off my front teeth! Had to use a toothbrush to finally scrape it off! And, no, I do not have false teeth. At this point I would NOT recommend Nutrisystem. Way too little weight loss for way too much money. Costs about $100/WEEK to supplement Nutrisystem meals, which amounts to about $765 per month for all food purchased? Even with discounted specials of $223, that still amounts to $623 per month for food.

No way can I afford $600 to $800 per month for food. Why didn't anyone tell me that upfront? Cannot return food as I was encouraged to re-order second month of food right away (during 1st week). I will not be reordering Nutrisystem. Absolutely no return on my investment. There is no way I'm going to lose 7 more pounds in the next two weeks (for the monthly avg of 11 pounds lost) if I lost only 4 pounds which included the FreshStart jump start. Yes, I exercise every day, probably more than required. And I also drink all that water, too. So, it's not me. It's Nutrisystem that has failed.

Nutrisystem contract states that I can cancel after two shipments of food. I called Nutrisystem after receiving the first order b/c two items were totally melted and could not be consumed. The rep "Darren" (@ Ext. **) coerced me to order my 2nd month of food early. My 2nd month of food would have been sent on August 2nd. They gave me a discount so I let them duplicate my 1st order. At no point in time did the rep "Darren" tell me this was not part of "auto-delivery" plan.

Since over a 3 week period I have only lost 4 pounds, I called today 8/1 to cancel my subscription. They told me that I would be charged $125 b/c I did not receive two orders. What the rep "Darren" neglected to tell me is that the August 2nd order (my second shipment) would not count towards the two month subscription. I call this Sins of Omission. Not once did the rep tell me that this second order would not count towards the two months. On top of that, they botched the order and sent me Twenty-Three servings of pancakes, which I did not order.

So now I am on the hook for another order for $284.22. I also told the rep Robert today that the supplemental food for Nutrisystem costs about $100 per week. This diet is only for RICH people that aren't in a hurry to lose weight. Totally disgusted with Nutrisystem. Will report to BBB for neglecting to tell me that my 2nd order did not fulfill my commitment. If I had known that, I never would have requested my 2nd order be sent early.

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for writing your review about your experience. We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with the program.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out shortly.

We look forward to working with you, Kathryn.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I wish to remove my electronic record with Nutrisystem. I am aware that I am no longer "active" and not receiving any emails or newsletters. I wish to be completely purged from your system, sign in, password, name, etc. When the next hacker comes along, I don't want any of my information available on your network. Please advise.

Hello Paul,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team and will be happy to assist you with this. I certainly understand wanting to secure your information.

I will find your account and take care of this. Once I have done so, I will reach out Privately.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Everything looks great with the program, the food is actually good and I don't feel hungry. However I don't like the fact that they auto charge and ship your second month and if you cancel before second month you are charged $125 which is nowhere mentioned on the onboarding call.

Hello Lucas,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry for any confusion about our auto-delivery option. I am happy to assist you further with this.

We offer both one-time and auto-delivery ordering options. With our auto-delivery option, members receive a discount off the full retail value of the package for agreeing to receive at least two auto-delivery orders. If discontinuing auto-delivery prior to the second order, we do have an early cancellation fee of $125 for the auto-delivery discounts received on the first order. I sincerely apologize again for this confusion and any inconvenience caused.

I will be looking into your account further and reaching out soon to see how I can help. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: July 31, 2019

Please revise wording on advantage program to say all ready to go foods and snacks will be part of free shipping. This plan does NOT include frozen items. For frozen items, a minimum must still be met in order for shipping to be free. This might help clear up the confusion. Just a suggestion. Thank you. Ann. The supervisor that I spoke with and helped me with this issue has great customer service skills!

Hello Ann,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. I am sorry that the terms of the Nutrisystem Advantage plan wasn't clearer at the time of sign up. Your feedback about the explanation of the terms of the plan are appreciated and it is great to hear that the representative to which you spoke provided great service when contacted.

On Nutrisystem Advantage, you have a variety of subscription options. You could choose to subscribe for the Advantage membership for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year.

1 $29.98 $29.98/month
3 $34.99 $11.66/month
6 $49.99 $8.33/month

12 $89.99 $7.49/month

Nutrisystem Advantage allows you to choose as much or as little of your favorite Nutrisystem® foods and also allows you to decide between the convenience of receiving Auto-Delivery† shipments or placing orders as you need them.

Your exclusive membership to Advantage includes:

• 25% off all a la carte orders placed for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year, with the ability to place a la carte orders online.

• FREE shipping on all A La Carte orders for the monthly or yearly term which you have selected.

*Excludes frozen items. There is a $75 subtotal minimum of frozen items in order to receive free shipping.

I will be in touch shortly to ensure your concerns have been addressed. Please enjoy the rest of your evening, Ann!

Original review: July 31, 2019

Excellent customer service. Rapid response. Very helpful. I usually have zero problems with orders, but in this circumstance I did. I emailed customer service and received immediate assistance. The company is well run, the plan is easy to follow, it’s easy to call or write to receive help. I use the plan to maintain, stay healthy and keep it simple. All is satisfied.

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you letting us know about your positive experience with Customer Service.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 30, 2019

I am always excited about sales, offers, etc., but they almost always seem to include only FROZEN items and the S&H is prohibitive, plus I haven't that much room in my freezer. VERY often, I think "If they had more sales on nonfrozen foods, they'd make a million dollars a minute..." I do see it, but it's mostly frozen goods. In general, I'm quite impressed with NS and, particularly, with its excellent phone and email staff...especially phone people. Thank you!

Hi Zabelle,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear that you have been pleased with the service you have received when contacting us for assistance.

We would suggest calling in when you are ready for your next a la carte order. We can go over all the sales to see if any fit your needs.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Nutrisystem Company Information