ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.81/5

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Nutrisystem Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Buyer beware....Nutrisystem claims all they want when you are ready to buy saying 30 days money back guarantee and no obligations....guess AGAIN!!! Once you buy and you don't like the food you are stuck with it. If you have to return, they don't do returns on frozen food. Non-frozen food you have to pay for shipping and you have no clue how much they will refund you - shipping cost might be more for you than the return food. They have no support system or people on the phone to help you. I definitely do not recommend anyone to buy nutrisystems.

Hello Sravanthi,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your review! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I wanted to reach out to address your concerns. I am sorry for any confusion on our return policies, but I'd be glad to assist you how I can.

Our Money Back Guarantee for four-week, auto-delivery plan orders can only be used within the first 14 days of receiving your first order as outlined online. I apologize again for any confusion on this policy. We do accept returns of the non-frozen meals within 30 days of receiving that order. We provide customers with the return address and a return number, and they can use any shipment method they wish to send back the non-frozen meals. When calling in about a return, we ask how many meals of each meal category you are sending back and can calculate your refund amount based on that number. Unfortunately the non-frozen portion is non-returnable and non-refundable outside of the Money Back Guarantee due to the perishable nature of the items.

Our Counseling Team is available from 8 AM to 10 PM EST on weekday and from 9 AM to 9 PM EST on weekends if you have any questions and would like to give the program a go. I'd be glad to look into your concern in more detail though and reach out soon to see if I can assist you further.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you have a great weekend, Sravanthi!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

My wife and I went on the Nutrisystem site and signed up for the BOGO (buy one month get one month free). The cost was supposed to be about $360 for the first month. When we checked out we saw that we were being charged $468 for the 1st month and $509 for the second month. We called to try and resolve the issue but were unable to do so. We canceled the order.

Hello James,

Thanks for sharing your experience when ordering our plan. It's unfortunate that there was confusion regarding the pricing of your orders. We will reach out to you soon via Private Message after we review your account to assist you further, James. Have a good evening!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I had a question first week more activity than I thought. Counselor let me know I could add power fuel if I felt light headed. That little bit of knowledge got me thru my first week. I was also able to lose twelve pounds the first week. Thanks.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to see that you are doing so well on the plan! Congrats on your weight loss so far. Please give us a call at 1-800-585-5483 press option two if you need any other assistance.

Hope you have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

We have been on and off Nutrisystem several times. Bottom line: IT WORKS. The food is pretty decent and the plan is simple to follow. The reason that we will not do it anymore is the REQUIREMENT for snacks and desserts. There should be a plan that leaves out the snacks and desserts. PLEASE!!!

Hi Moya,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize for any frustration you have experienced surrounding our plans amd what is included with each option.

At this time we do not offer a four week plan without snacks. We do have a transition plan available that includes lunches and dinners with the option at add breakfasts A La Carte, but snacks are included with the rest of the plans we currently have available.

I will be looking into your account further and reaching out with more details on your concern.

We look foward to helping, Moya. Have a great day!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I am very disappointed that the Diabetic Daily Tracker booklet has been discontinued. It was a handy little booklet that was convenient to be guided by. Now I am forced to download the same booklet every month adding to my expense of paper and expensive ink cartridges. Please reconsider returning to the mailed booklet system. Mr. A. **.

Hello Anthony,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team at Nutrisystem. Thank you for taking the time to shake your feedback.

I apologize for the inconvenience that has been caused by the books being discontinued. We understand that tracking is important to maintaining success on the plan. We do have the NuMi® app that you can use on your computer or download to your smartphone. It will be laid out exactly like the booklet, just in a digital form!

I would be happy to review the NuMi® app with you and answer any questions that you have. I will reach our privately soon to see what questions I can answer and if there is anything else I can assist you with!

-Your Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team Member

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Our program replaced the FreshStart Shakes with the NutriCrush S. I want to return these 3 unopened containers. A response e-mail was sent telling me to call. I spent so much time on hold my beard grew out an inch. Can someone send me direction on how to return the items for a credit or replace then with a protein product without probiotics?

Hello Terence,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team at Nutrisystem and will be happy to help you!

The Fresh Start Shakes and the NutriCrush Shakes are nearly identical. The NutriCrush shake has a less added sugar and fewer calories. Other than that the shakes are the same, including the Probiotics! I would be happy to help you return these either way. We do not have a protein drink without the Probiotics.

I will reach out privately soon to review the process to return. I look forward to assisting you!

- Your Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team Member

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Spoke to 2 of your support members and did not feel satisfied with the conversation and assistance with what concerns I had. I really need to speak with a nutritionist due to my health problems That I explained prior to purchase.

Hello MaryBeth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I just wanted to reach out to see if I could assist with your concerns.

I am sorry to hear you had trouble speaking with an individual who could assist with your dietary questions, but I'd be glad to help you get in touch with one. Our Nutrition Support Team is available from 8 AM to 10 PM EST on weekdays and from 9 AM to 9 PM EST on weekends if you would like to reach out. They'd be glad to review your dietary needs with you.

I will also be sure to look into your account in more detail and reach out soon to see if I could assist you in any way.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you have a great weekend, MaryBeth!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I spoke with Kailey about some ingredients that I can no longer have, mainly tomatoes. I had several lunch and dinner entrees that had lots of tomato in them. I offered to send them back to exchange but she told me that wouldn’t be necessary. She ordered replacements for me and they arrived in three business days. Kailey was pleasant and professional.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to see that your concern was handled promptly by Kailey. We will be sure to let her supervisor know what a great job she did on your call. Please give us a call at 1-800-585-5483 press option two if you need any other assistance.

Hope you have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I just started the diabetic Nutrisystem and was very pleased until I opened the flat bread garlic pizza. The flat bread has mold growing largely in two spots even though the package says it is fresh until May 2020. Will be contacting Nutrisystem to replacing this with a different item. Hopefully I won't have this problem again. Most of my products thankfully are frozen, this one is one of the non-frozen prepackaged items.

Hello Dianna,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear that you received an item in this condition and would be happy to help.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out soon to assist. I look forward to working with you!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I ordered my first month of food online. It was not $249 as advertised. It was over 350 dollars. So I thought I heard an offer on TV that stated they were offering BOGO. So I utilized the “chat” option for customer service and asked if I was getting the bogo offer and they said no. No $249 as advertised. No BOGO as advertised. I sure hope the food is good. Hasn’t arrived yet.

Hi Jesse,

Welcome to the program! Sorry to hear that there was a misunderstanding about your promotion when you signed up. A member of our Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be reaching out to soon via Private Message to look into this for you. Enjoy your weekend, Jesse!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team