Michael Thurmond's 6 Week Body Makeover

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I paid for the product at the time of my order. It took forever to get through the ordering process because of all the offers. I finally completed the order and I was told that I had 30 days to let them know if I did not want anymore of the pills they were offering to boost my weight loss rate. When I received the product, I immediately filled out the form to say I did not wish to receive any further mailings from them. I got a package anyway that they had charged to my credit card. I refused the package and returned it to them. I called my credit card company to let them know I had not authorized the purchase and it was removed. All this transpired several months ago. Yesterday, I got home and had a message from a collection agency stating that I owed them money. I explained to them all of the above and asked them to remove my name from their list of people they call. We shall see if that happens. If not, I am going to report this company to the Federal Trade Commission.

I ordered the 6-week body makeover by phone. I was told I qualified for the express shipping at the regular shipping price. I asked what was the return policy and was told I would be refunded any amount charged to my cc minus S&H. I also asked if the return shipping was covered and was told that I would be given a confirmation number that would take care of the return. It took two calls to find out why I was not getting the product since it was supposed to be express shipping. I was told that the supplement I had agreed to buy for a dollar was in back order and it was the reason my order was not being shipped. I told them to cancel the supplement order to expedite the shipping.

It took another week for the item to arrive and another call to complain about the delay. I told the rep that I had plans to go on a cruise in 8 weeks and I had wanted to start the program in time for me to do the 6 weeks and because of the delay I wasn't going to be able to do so. I told her to cancel the order, but she said that it was already processed and she said I would have to return the item. All I had to do was call for the authorization number to do so. Again, no mention was made that I was responsible to pay the return shipping charges, which by the way would be $15.00.

Since I had to open the box to get the information to call for the authorization number, I decided to look at the program and found it to be cumbersome at best to put together and the eating plan too restrictive. So I decided to follow through with my original intent and return it. I called and got the authorization which I thought it covered for the return charge. I took the item to be shipped first via UPS and was told that was not a shipping authorization for them. So they told me to go to the post office, which I did, and I was told the same thing. I called the company and I was finally told very clearly that the authorization was only for me to credit the charged amount back to my cc not a shipping paid authorization!

How convenient. Now they tell me this when they should have done so from the day I was placing the order. If they had done, so I would not have ordered the product because even though I don't mind paying S&H to review and try a product, I would not knowingly pay return shipping for a product I am not completely satisfied with. The tactics used by this company are shady at best and I will warn others to avoid purchasing their products. I will do what I can to hold them accountable for their deceptive ways and one way of doing so is to alert others. I will return all the items included in the order COD and hope the company will have some integrity and pay for it and acknowledge receipt of it.

I can not reach any one in customer service to get a return authorization for some product I did not order. All I get is a recording to hold for the next available customer service rep. Every day I am holding for 45 minutes to an hour with no pickup. I had cancelled the product before the 30-day grace period which was over six months ago. Now I am starting to receive the product again. For health reasons, I can not take the product. And I did not request future products. The company is charging my credit card account without my authorization.

I have been trying to contact them by phone to get a return number. I have called 3 or 4 times, only to be put on hold for twenty minutes at a time. I have never talked with a real person since I ordered the product. I originally only wanted to complain that I was not to be charged for shipping and handling since I paid in full for the order. They did charge me the $19.99 shipping and handling, and now I want to return the entire shipment after being treated so badly. Obviously, they don't care about their customers. I am returning the product for a full reimbursement once I can get a return order number.

I cancelled order on phone and the product was still sent to my home with a charge on my credit card. I did call numerous times to customer service but a recording kept coming on telling me they are in a meeting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Michael Thurmond's?

Michael Thurmond's 6 Week Body Makeover Company Profile