2. Shopping

Haagen-Dazs

Haagen-Dazs
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.14/5

Haagen-Dazs Reviews

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I Love the ice cream bars on a stick with almonds. So creamy, so good. However, like many other companies trying to save a buck, Haagen-Dazs has made the product smaller. So, so, disappointing. Not buying anymore.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I have been eating Haagen Daaz for so many years. Nothing on this planet compares to it. Saying that I would like to add I purchased a pint from Rite Aid this last week. After buying it I went home and let it get soft like I like to eat it. While eating it I felt something on my tongue that sort of felt like a strawberry piece, but at the same time I noticed a dark piece in the pint still. I took the piece off my tongue and put it on a napkin then removed the dark piece from the pint. I was very nervous and queasy, Because it wasn’t a strawberry at all and started looking like a brown out layer of a Water-Bug!!! Yes can you believe it. So I took out my phone and activated the camera and zoomed in so far, seeing the little hairs off the end of what must have been the tip of the wing or top of bug you're able to see little hairs.. Regardless 100% this is the outer skin of a Water-Bug or a Roach!!!

I have pics and notified Haagen Daaz. Now wanting anything but just an ear to complain to. Yes they acknowledged getting my email and was told I will receive a call within the next couple days. NO CALL. NO EMAIL. NO CONTACT. This is Haagen Daaz’s M.O. Once before I reached out to them regarding their 1.4oz Bars coming all broken and smashed. Stick all mangled and once again not even a response! BAD COMPANY. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. DISGUSTING DIRTY PRODUCT. I have pics and feel terrible this platform does not have a way of sharing. I apologize for leaving such review, but I had no other choice!

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

They were bought out by a Unilever division (same company that destroyed Breyers). Cheap ingredients - watered down cheap cream tastes terrible. Will never buy again. This is theft. They buy quality names people trust in to cheapen the product and make billions of dollars more than selling it. They have done the math and know they can cannibalize their business and rip people off. ALL their ice cream tastes like absolute crap now. They reduced the size of the pints, added water and called it "decadent". DO NOT BUY HD. They have become like all the other Wall Street own companies now.

Original review: May 5, 2019

You cost reduced Haagen-Dazs so it's no longer a special product. Lost its special flavor esp vanilla and it's now icy...but oh boy. You killed it. It was a different product and now cheap tasting like all the rest. Great job marketers.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have been eating Haagen-Daz coffee for over 35 years and noticed a taste difference soon after Dryers bought out Haagen-Dazs. I kept saying it does not taste the same. Why weren't the customers told that the ingredients have changed. There is something missing in the coffee ice cream. The prices continue to go up but the quality seems to decline. Please correct the issues as the best customer is very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haagen?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The Häagen-Dazs brand of ice cream is not the same as it was. I’ve been eating Häagen-Dazs ice cream for many years and noticed that the vanilla is just not the same. It tastes like any other regular ice cream and the coffee ice cream is not the same either. I’m having a hard time because it takes me a lot to like any kind of ice cream and now Häagen-Dazs? I’m very, very disappointed. I wish they would bring the old formulas back because those are what really worked for me and a lot of other people. What is this world coming to? Cheap tasting ice cream...

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Bring back memories of old time chocolate candies. It seems they no longer are making these cannot find at any stores??? WHY! They were hard to find. They sold out very fast that I buy three boxes at a time! They remind me of a old candy sold movie theaters in bags coconut clusters. The first time I had your bar I instance went back to my childhood memory of my favorite candy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Purchased a sealed container from Food Lion - packaging said contents weighed 14 fluid ounces. I then carefully removed, then weighed the contents and they only weighed 12.5 ounces. Later weighed the package itself and it weighed over .75 ounces. Conclusion: company is only providing 12.5 fluid ounces of ice cream while falsely advertising 14 fluid ounces. Clearly there's a scam going on here.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I bought a pint of Dulce de Leche ice cream in April 2018 while on vacation in South Dakota. It was NOTHING LIKE it used to be 25 years ago. It was not rich, creamy, sweet, or "decadent". It was icy, watery, and lacked creaminess and richness. Because I hadn't had this ice cream in over 20 years, I was devastated that a) it wasn't the quality it used to be, and b) I wasted my money buying what I thought was going to be a treat that brought back fond memories! I contacted the company, they apologized, and sent me coupons for more ice cream. Well...I finally bought more -- in Virginia -- and it is EXACTLY THE SAME -- mediocre! Same iciness, lack of flavor, and lack of creaminess. So when did H D change their formula?? I will never buy it again. Costco's ice cream, vanilla from Humbolt in California, is FAR SUPERIOR to the crap H D is putting out now.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Smaller carton. Not smooth velvet Haagen-Dazs original texture AT ALL. ZERO coffee flavor. How is that possible? Wtf. Probably made in Mexico (like all our favorite cookies and candies which have all been ruined). ** HD for selling out. How dare you? Someone please! Who has the original recipe? Bring back true Haagen-Dazs.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Haagen-Dazs Company Information