2.96/5

14 Haagen-Dazs Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

They were bought out by a Unilever division (same company that destroyed Breyers). Cheap ingredients - watered down cheap cream tastes terrible. Will never buy again. This is theft. They buy quality names people trust in to cheapen the product and make billions of dollars more than selling it. They have done the math and know they can cannibalize their business and rip people off. ALL their ice cream tastes like absolute crap now. They reduced the size of the pints, added water and called it "decadent". DO NOT BUY HD. They have become like all the other Wall Street own companies now.

Original review: May 5, 2019

You cost reduced Haagen-Dazs so it's no longer a special product. Lost its special flavor esp vanilla and it's now icy...but oh boy. You killed it. It was a different product and now cheap tasting like all the rest. Great job marketers.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have been eating Haagen-Daz coffee for over 35 years and noticed a taste difference soon after Dryers bought out Haagen-Dazs. I kept saying it does not taste the same. Why weren't the customers told that the ingredients have changed. There is something missing in the coffee ice cream. The prices continue to go up but the quality seems to decline. Please correct the issues as the best customer is very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

The Häagen-Dazs brand of ice cream is not the same as it was. I’ve been eating Häagen-Dazs ice cream for many years and noticed that the vanilla is just not the same. It tastes like any other regular ice cream and the coffee ice cream is not the same either. I’m having a hard time because it takes me a lot to like any kind of ice cream and now Häagen-Dazs? I’m very, very disappointed. I wish they would bring the old formulas back because those are what really worked for me and a lot of other people. What is this world coming to? Cheap tasting ice cream...

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Bring back memories of old time chocolate candies. It seems they no longer are making these cannot find at any stores??? WHY! They were hard to find. They sold out very fast that I buy three boxes at a time! They remind me of a old candy sold movie theaters in bags coconut clusters. The first time I had your bar I instance went back to my childhood memory of my favorite candy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haagen?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Purchased a sealed container from Food Lion - packaging said contents weighed 14 fluid ounces. I then carefully removed, then weighed the contents and they only weighed 12.5 ounces. Later weighed the package itself and it weighed over .75 ounces. Conclusion: company is only providing 12.5 fluid ounces of ice cream while falsely advertising 14 fluid ounces. Clearly there's a scam going on here.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I bought a pint of Dulce de Leche ice cream in April 2018 while on vacation in South Dakota. It was NOTHING LIKE it used to be 25 years ago. It was not rich, creamy, sweet, or "decadent". It was icy, watery, and lacked creaminess and richness. Because I hadn't had this ice cream in over 20 years, I was devastated that a) it wasn't the quality it used to be, and b) I wasted my money buying what I thought was going to be a treat that brought back fond memories! I contacted the company, they apologized, and sent me coupons for more ice cream. Well...I finally bought more -- in Virginia -- and it is EXACTLY THE SAME -- mediocre! Same iciness, lack of flavor, and lack of creaminess. So when did H D change their formula?? I will never buy it again. Costco's ice cream, vanilla from Humbolt in California, is FAR SUPERIOR to the crap H D is putting out now.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Smaller carton. Not smooth velvet Haagen-Dazs original texture AT ALL. ZERO coffee flavor. How is that possible? Wtf. Probably made in Mexico (like all our favorite cookies and candies which have all been ruined). ** HD for selling out. How dare you? Someone please! Who has the original recipe? Bring back true Haagen-Dazs.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I would just like to comment on one of the new "trio", layered pints of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. My favorite is the lemon and raspberry, layered with white chocolate. In my opinion it is THE BEST ice cream I have ever tasted!!! I am extremely fond of ice cream and have tried every kind you can think of, in a variety of flavors, and those one comes out on TOP!! They are creamy and crunchy and the crunch melts in your mouth! YUMMY!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

For the price we paid I did expect the ice cream to be of a much better taste. First though, I would give you 5 Stars for the amount of chunks in your product... Way great on your part, so many ice creams really skimp on that! The chunks were very disappointing though. ;-( Very untasty and waxy. Bleeech on the untasty morsels!!! Something went very wrong in the planning/creating of this part of the product. Not pleasant to eat at all.

Haagen-Dazs Company Information