One of the best ways to increase the value of your home is to remodel and upgrade your kitchen. But depending on what you do, this can get pricey. If you’re on a tight budget, but still want to remodel your kitchen there are ways to you can get a luxury upgrade while living on a fast-food budget.
Here are six tips that will help you get more than your money’s worth:
1. One of the most dramatic ways to update the kitchen is to add new cabinets. However, if you’ve been blessed with solid wood boxes, frames and doors, you should reface rather than replace them. This option allows the original cabinets to stay in the home but adds a fresh new look.
2. Granite countertops will give your kitchen a look of luxury. When kitchen remodeling on a budget, this look can be achieved by purchasing a granite overlay. These are stone shells that are placed over the existing countertop. People can also look into alternative, more creative options, such as recycled glass tile countertops.
3. One of the finest flooring choices for a kitchen remodeling is marble, but who can afford that? A less expensive option is to install ceramic tile. There is a wide variety of choices available to complement any design ideas. In the past laminate was easy to look down upon, but today there are higher-quality options available that should not be ignored.
4. While stainless steel appliances are beautiful, they tend to be expensive. A more cost-effective alternative is stainless steel finish appliances. These offer the same look, level of quality and protection but are much cheaper.
5. Lighting is often overlooked by people remodeling their kitchen but is always admired by guests when a beautiful choice is installed. There are countless lighting options available. Remodelers should not be afraid to be bold and creative when choosing their light fixtures. These can be the centerpiece of the room. With all the options available, it is hard not to find a stunning piece at a low-cost price by shopping around.
6. And finally, add a backsplash. This may seem like a simple item, but it really completes a kitchen. These not only protect the walls but they also can add a lot of pizzazz to a room. There are many choices available, such as colorful ceramic or glass tiles that can be placed in creative patterns.
These budget-minded suggestions come from KitchenRemodeling.net, which is a website that connects homeowners with professional contractors who are ready to complete their kitchen remodeling projects. Or, to really save money, you can do it yourself.