Whole Foods Market is expanding its recall of cheese products made by Vulto Creamery to include Andes, Hamden and Walton Umber cheeses sold in eight stores in Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York.
The products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
While Vulto has reported six illnesses and two deaths, Whole Foods Market has not received any reports of illnesses or injuries from consumers who purchased the recalled products.
The recalled products, cut and packaged in clear plastic wrap with scale labels beginning with PLU codes 0200307, 0201357 or 0206308 and "sell by" dates from January 2, 2017, to April 2, 2017, were sold at the following Whole Foods Market stores:
- 94 Derby Street, Hingham, Mass.
- 1255 Raritan Road Unit 150, Clark, N.J.
- 300 Bergen Town Center, Paramus, N.J.
- 238 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- 1095 Avenue of the Americas. New York, N.Y.
- 270 Greenwich Street, New York, N.Y.
- 4 Union Square South, New York, N.Y.
- 575 Boston Post Road, Port Chester, N.Y.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should bring their receipts to the store for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may call 607-222-3995 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (ET) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.