Wakefern Food is recalling a variety of Wholesome Pantry Organic nut butters that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
No illnesses related to the recall have been reported.
The following items, packed in 16-oz., plastic jars, with best by dates of June 2020 and earlier, are being recalled:
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Creamy Salted Almond Butter, UPC: 04119006004
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Creamy Unsalted Almond Butter, UPC: 04119006005
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Unsalted Sunflower Butter, UPC: 04119005827
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Tahini Butter, UPC: 04119005828
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Cashew Butter, UPC: 04119006006
The recalled products were sold in ShopRite, Price Rite Marketplace, The Fresh Grocer and Dearborn Market stores in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Delaware, Rhode Island and Virginia.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should return them for an immediate refund or replacement.
Consumers with questions may call (800) 746-7748 Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and weekends from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.