Trafon Group of Puerto Nuevo, P.R., is recalling approximately 297,828 pounds of chicken and pork products.
The products were not presented at the U.S. point-of-entry for inspection.
The following ready-to-eat pork and chicken and raw intact pork items, produced between April 26, 2017 and Sept. 27, 2017, by multiple Canadian establishments, are being recalled:
- 12-oz. vacuum-packed packages containing 10 franks of “Harvest Creek CHICKEN FRANKS” with “Best by/Use by” dates of 12/07/2017 with lot code 93023.
- 12-oz. vacuum-packed packages containing 10 franks of “Harvest Creek CHICKEN FRANKS” with “Best by/Use by” dates of 12/10/2017 with lot code 93023.
- 48-lb. cases containing 8 6-lb. logs of “OLYMEL PLUS IMPORTED PORK SHOULDER PICNIC AND HAM” with lot codes of 71160.
- 24-lb. cases containing 2 12-lb. logs of “Polean Fully COOKED Imported Ham” with lot codes of 727025.
- Cartons containing 4 plastic wrapped frozen pork loins with random weights.
- Cartons containing 4 plastic wrapped frozen pork loins with random weights and case codes of Cert. 828131/Canada 80.
- Cartons containing 4 plastic wrapped frozen pork loins with random weights and case codes of Cert. 828132/Canada 80.
- 2.29-lb packages containing center cut pork chops labeled "CHULETA DE CERDO CORTE CENTRO CANADA" with "Best by/Use by" dates of 10/31/2018.
The recalled items were shipped to retail, hotel, restaurant and institutional locations in Puerto Rico.
In addition, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is issuing a public health alert regarding roughly 6,907 pounds of chicken products produced by Productos Dany of Hatillo P.R., that may contain products that have been recalled because they contain previously recalled ingredients.
These products were imported by the Trafon Group, but were not presented for FSIS re-inspection and are subject to recall.
The following not ready-to-eat chicken items, produced and packaged from October 30, 2017, through November 7, 2017, are subject to the public health alert:
- 6.72-lb. plastic wrapped cases containing 24-count of individually wrapped “Productos Dany Inc., Cheese Dog” with lot code(s) 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 309 or 310.
- 9.10-lb. plastic wrapped cases containing 24-count of individually wrapped “Productos Dany Inc. Doggie Pizza” with lot code(s) 302, 304, 305, 306, 309 or 310.
The products, bearing establishment number “P-45932” inside the USDA mark of inspection, were shipped to retail locations in Puerto Rico.
There are no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of any of these products.
What to do
Consumers who have purchased the above products should not consume them, but throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions may contact Javier Pietrantoni at (787) 342-7272 or at Javier.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!