Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing is recalling 928,203 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2010-2016 4Runners
- Model year 2003-2006 Tundras
- Model year 2003-2013 Corollas
- Model year 2009-2010 Corolla Matrixs
- Model year 2004-2005 RAV4s
- Model year 2002-2007 Sequoias
- Model year 2011-2013 Siennas
- Model year 2008-2012 Scion xBs
- Model year 2008-2009 Lexus IS-Fs
- Model year 2007-2012 Yaris &Lexus ES350s
- Model year 2010-2017 Lexus GX460s
- Model year 2002-2010 Lexus SC430s
- Model year 2006-2012 Lexus IS250s & IS350s and
- Model year 2010-2015 Lexus IS250Cs & IS350Cs.
- These vehicles had their driver or passenger front airbag inflators replaced under a prior recall using inflators of the same design. The inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
What to do
- Toyota will notify owners. Depending on the vehicle model, dealers will replace the driver or front passenger airbag inflator or the airbag assembly using an alternate inflator free of charge.
- The recall is expected to begin November 15, 2019.
- Owners may contact Toyota customer service at (888) 270-9371 or Lexus customer service at (800)255-3987.
- Toyota's numbers for this recall are J0A, J0B, and J0C. Lexus' numbers for this recall are JLI, JLJ, and JLK.
Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!