Toyota Motor North America is expanding its recall of vehicles with Takata front passenger airbag inflators.
The recalled vehicles are equipped with a particular type of Takata inflator in which a safety defect may arise in the front passenger airbag inflators in the involved vehicles due to inflator propellant degradation occurring after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.
This may result in an inflator rupture when the airbag deploys.
Based on the latest information from Takata, the expansion involves approximately 601,300 additional vehicles in the U.S.
The following models are included:
- 2009 – 2010 and 2013 Model Year Scion xB
- 2009 ‐ 2010 and 2013 Model Year Toyota Corolla
- 2009 – 2010 and 2013 Model Year Toyota Corolla Matrix
- 2009 – 2010 Model Year Toyota Yaris
- 2010 and 2013 Model Year Toyota 4Runner
- 2013 Model Year Toyota Sienna
- 2009 – 2010 and 2013 Model Year Lexus IS250/350
- 2010 and 2013 Model Year Lexus IS250C/350C
- 2009 – 2010 and 2013 Model Year Lexus IS‐F
- 2009 – 2010 Model Year Lexus ES350
- 2010 and 2013 Model Year Lexus GX460
What to do
Toyota will contact all known owners of the recalled vehicles by first class mail by early March.
Toyota and Lexus dealers will replace either the front passenger air bag inflator or the front passenger air bag assembly at no cost to customers.
Owners with questions may contact Toyota customer service at 1‐800‐331‐4331, or Lexus customer service at 1‐800‐255‐3987.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!