Rich Products Corporation of Buffalo, N.Y., is recalling approximately 6,600 cases of ice cream cake products that may contain walnuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
The company has not received any reports of adverse reactions associated with these products
The following products, with UPC codes at the bottom of each label, and Best By date code on the side of each individual cake unit’s package, are being recalled:
- 4 LB 8 OZ Jon Donaire Ice Cream Layer Cake (Deliciously moist white cake with rich, creamy strawberries & cream ice cream); UPC Code: 049800 047761; Best By: JUN-27-17, JUL-15-17, JUL-23-17, JUL-28-17, AUG-27-17
- 4 LB 13 OZ Signature Select Vanilla Ice Cream & White Cake (Ice Cream Cake); UPC Code: 021130 114641; Best By: JUN-26-2017, JUL-18-17, AUG-01-17
- 4 LB 8 OZ Jon Donaire Ice Cream Layer Cake (Deliciously moist white cake with rich, creamy vanilla ice cream); UPC Code: 049800 024533; Best By: JUN-25-17, JUL-23-17, JUL-29-17
- 4 LB 8 OZ Jon Donaire Ice Cream Layer Cake (Deliciously moist white cake with rich, creamy vanilla ice cream); UPC Code: 049800 628786; Best By: JUL-29-17
- 60 OZ Rich’s ¼ Sheet White Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream Cake; UPC Code: 049800 290013; Best By: OCT-20-17, NOV-01-17
The recalled products were sold to distributors and in-store retail bakeries nationwide.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but return them to the place of purchase for a refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Rich’s helpline at (800) 356-7094, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00 pm (EST).