The NFL is back this week, and we’re ready to celebrate. While the pandemic may limit your usual tailgating plans, there are plenty of ways you can enjoy football season while staying safe. Keep these tips in mind:
1. Social distancing is key
Remember, practicing social distancing is crucial, especially if you’re indoors. Here are two ways you can do this:
- Explore video communication apps: There are many great video chat apps, and several of them are free to try. Although the person-to-person experience may be different, it’s safer than a crowded living room and still lets your friends shout at their rivals in one place.
- Porch game parties: The concept is similar to a block party, only you and your neighbors enjoy the games on your porches or shaded driveways. You can shout and cheer with everyone while staying appropriately distanced. If you're looking for a way to show the game to more people outside your living room, check out this cool mini projector.
- 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Screen size from 32” - 170”
2. Plan your snacks ahead of time
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is best to use delivery or curbside pickup when grocery shopping. If you must go to the store, remember that COVID-19 safety recommendations are still in effect. Here are some helpful pointers to help you make your trip as safe and effective as possible:
- Decide what you need to buy early
- Create a shopping list to ensure you don’t forget anything
- Shop during off-peak hours
- Make sure to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Over 95% filtration efficiency
- FDA- and CE-registered
3. Get in the spirit
Just because your kickoff party is more low-key than usual, that doesn’t mean your walls should be bare. Decorate your house with your team’s colors, wear your favorite player’s jersey and ring in every touchdown with a noisemaker. Now is the best time to show your NFL spirit with some cool decor!
- 100% guarantee
- Eco-friendly materials
4. Pre-game movie marathon
A fantastic idea to ramp your football spirit up for the game is to have a football movie marathon and stream it in a watch party. Several streaming services — including Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime — have "watch party" modes where you and other streaming members can watch great films and chat simultaneously. You can also explore specific watch party apps if your streaming service doesn't support group viewing.
- 75 hours of HD storage
- Record 2 shows at once
Our kickoff parties may be a little different this year as everyone takes the proper precautions. It’s important to do everything you can to stay safe. To help clean up after the game wraps up, check out our list of favorite cleaning service apps.