General Mills is recalling four specific flavors of Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars and Nature Valley Simple Nut Bars.
The products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The company says it has received no direct consumer reports of confirmed illnesses.
The following products are being recalled:
- Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar -Honey, Peanut & Almond with Pumpkin Seeds - 5 count package UPC: 000-16000-47196
- Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar-Peanut, Almond & Dark Chocolate - 5 count package UPC: 000-16000-45724
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar - Roasted Peanut & Honey - 4 count package UPC: 000-16000-46475
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar - Roasted Peanut & Honey - 16 count package UPC: 000-16000-41308
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar – Almond, Cashew & Sea Salt - 4 count package UPC: 000-16000-46474
- Nature Valley Simple Nut Bar-Almond, Cashew & Sea Salt - 25 count package UPC: 000-16000-41301
The recalled products were distributed to retail establishments throughout the U.S.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should dispose of them regardless of when they were purchased or the date on the package.
Consumers may contact General Mills consumer relations at 1-866-896-4365 for a replacement.