MIH Marketing and Sales of Beebe, Ark., is recalling approximately 662,049 pounds of various meat and poultry products that were stored under insanitary conditions, and tested positive for alkaline phosphatase, demonstrating evidence of possible fecal matter.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
The raw chicken breast fillet, chicken thigh, chicken drum, chicken wing and chicken tender items were produced by various federal establishments and sold at 17 retail stores located in Arkansas between April 10, 2016 and September 10, 2016.
The recalled products, in clear packages weighting approximately 5 lbs. Each, were sold at the following locations:
- Edwards Food Giant #19 Forrest City, Ark.;
- Edwards Cash Saver #3473 Little Rock, Ark.;
- Edwards Food Giant #37 Marianna, Ark.;
- Edwards Good Giant #3474 Little Rock, Ark.;
- Edwards Food Giant #1710 Harrisburg, Ark.;
- Edwards Food Giant #3475 Little Rock, Ark.;
- Edwards Food Giant #3444 Bryant, Ark.;
- Edwards Cash Saver #3476;
- Edwards Cash Saver #3442;
- Edwards Food Giant #3477;
- Knight’s Super Foods, Beebe Ark.;
- Knight’s Super Foods, Babot, Ark.
In addition, various retail meat and poultry products sold at Chicken City Retail stores are being recalled. These products are in clear retail bags with a sales sticker that include the Sell-By Date between October 30, 2016, and March 19, 2017.
The Chicken City Retail Stores that are recalling all meat and poultry products are located in
- Whitehall, Ark.;
- Jonesboro, Ark.;
- Conway, Ark.;
- Searcy, Ark.;
- Marion, Ark.;
- North Little Rock, Ark.; and
- Brinkley, Ark.
What to do
Customers who purchased these products should not consume them, but throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions about the recall may contact John Hilger at (501) -278-7041.